PDA

View Full Version : Can't tell where pain is?

MaryMac
15-02-12, 15:10
Hi, today I woke up and felt GREAT, then I spent some time on the computer, I stood up and I've sort of had an ache doing down my head/side of my face. I can't really tell where it's coming from, it seems to happen if I stand up. I don't think it's a sinus thing, I've sneezed a couple of times but don't feel blocked up or anything! It might be due to tension, I've had quite a stressful couple of days (not HA related) and I was up the entire night before last with absolutely no sleep. I clench my jaws alot so it might be that? Arghh!

pinkdove
15-02-12, 16:23
Hi Mary sometimes is i sit a while on the laptop, i get a pain in my neck, maybe it's the way you were sitting . hope it gets better soon x

purplehippo
15-02-12, 18:04
welldone you sound like your keeping quite calm on it,it sounds like tension to me, i sometimes get deep random pain in my face/head area that i cant pinpoint,i think mine is sinus as i have sore throat and things too.
stay positive it really sounds like nothing seriousxxxxx

Pipkin
15-02-12, 18:24
Mary,

I get very similar and have never been able to pinpoint it. Sometimes I think it's toothache, sometimes neck, face, head or temples and always on one side at a time, though it does vary. It's very weird. I had various tests a couple of years ago, including an MRI and the consultant couldn't give me a definitive answer. He said it was probably migraine related but I'm not convinced. I have now just put it down as one of the many bizarre symptoms I get with anxiety and just put up with it as it usually passes after a few days and isn't too bad.

Take care

Pip