PDA

View Full Version : Fear of brain tumour!!!

Rachel1984
15-02-12, 15:26
Hi everyone,

I really feel as I have to vent as I can't talk to anyone about how I am feeling:(

About 2 months ago, I started experiencing random neck pain, that would last around a second or two. Because it is the same side as I talk on my cellphone, I convinced myself it was cancer. I couldn't stop worrying, I was a nervous freak. I didn't eat properly, I would be constantly depressed. Now, an important fact in my story is that I have always had various thoughts about my health and such, but never to this extent! what happens is, my father passed away 2 and a half years ago. And since then, I feel as my whole secure world has tumbled down over my ears... anyway, back to the present. Around a month and a half ago, I started experiencing weird pain/ sensations on my scalp/head. Immediately, I thought- brain cancer! I looked up the symptoms online, obviously (and now, because of the amount of times I have read them- all on different sites, of course...) I can recite them in my sleep lol:) and since then I've been plagued with worry.
Here are my symptoms so far: A couple of mild headaches
ear popping/ pressure in ears
those are the REAL symptoms. But I'm also scared about other symptoms, symptoms that i don't know if they're a figment of my imagination or real! like- I've always been sort of a clumsy person, now every time I drop something then I get panicky... or for instance: I've always been a "shy" introverted person. Always have had problems expressing myself and occasionally trip on my words... lately every time it happens I convince myself something's wrong with me!!! and it happens usually at work, when I'm nervous (I hate my workplace- that's another story...)
Anyway, I think I'm also rather depressed- I want to have another baby desperately and because of the reason that I don't feel stable enough mentally then I'm refraining from getting pregnant.
Now I'd like to hear your opinion... does it sound like anxiety??? or brain tumour?? HELP!!!

Thanks,
R

swgrl09
15-02-12, 15:48
Hi, I am not a doctor but the symptoms you have listed do not sound like a brain tumor to me. I'll go through what you listed

A couple mild headaches - that's just life! haha. Anxiety, tension, etc. All normal, especially mild!

Ear Popping/Pressure - could be just clogged up ears. My ears pop a lot and I have chronic allergies/sinus problems. My sisters also experience ear popping often. I never attributed it to something serious, i think this is fairly common.

Clumsiness - Anxiety, esp if you are unhappy at work. If clumsiness meant brain tumor, then I should have 10 brain tumors by now!

Tripping on words - I too am shy and do this all the time. Nothing to worry about.

All of this sounds like 100% anxiety to me. If you want to have a baby, I'd recommend just getting a general check up anyway but not because I think there is anything wrong with you! The doc just might help you be able to prepare yourself for pregnancy! You are just fine though.