PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian Cancer/Ladies Problems!

SH2727
15-02-12, 15:47
My anxieties have been so good recently and I have been so proud of myself having not Googled for a few weeks. However, I am starting to feel very anxious and upset again and just wanted to come here for some reassurance.

About 18 months ago I started getting a niggling pain in my left ovary area and went to my GP who examined me and thought it may be muscular. I had some physio and it didn't get any better. So last February (2011) I had an internal ultrasound scan and was told my ovaries were fine.

I have suffered from endometriosis in the past and put the discomfort down to that. And I have been told I have a fibroid, but not sure which side.

I also suffer really painful lower back pain.

The pain in my left ovary seems to have got a lot worse over the past few months, especially during ovulation. My backache is constant too. I have also suffered from indigestion for 5 years.

When you Google all these symptoms, Bingo! Ovarian Cancer!

I had a routine smear on Monday and the pain has been really bad since then.

I am so worried. I have an GP appointment booked but not for 2 weeks!

Has anyone else had these problems and can anyone reassure me.

Thank you so much. :weep: x

swgrl09
15-02-12, 15:51
If it helps, I have a lot of lower back pain that started a few months ago when I changed jobs. I attribute it to my chair and excessive sitting, both at work and on my hour long commute, and in classes too at night. Once the back pain got bad, it spread to the front exactly where my ovaries are. For me, I am almost sure it is muscular because it comes and goes with the back pain and wheN I am in my chair. I would not be surprised if yours was muscle too. It is scary though where it affects you, as mine does hit right on the ovary area.

SH2727
15-02-12, 16:33
Hi swgrl09,

Thanks ever so much for your reply. This makes a lot of sense! I spend most of my day sitting down as I work from home. I sometimes spend the whole day working from a laptop sitting in an arm chair (easy chair?), so have little if no support.

Perhaps I am imagining it is worse since my smear due to fear of ovarian cancer? I tend to get worse symptoms when I think about them!!

Thanks again.

:)