PDA

View Full Version : Hi There

Breezay
15-02-12, 21:27
Hi.. I'm new around here.. Although I've come across a lot of threads via Google searches! I've been thinking about joining for a while.. It feels so comforting to know I'm not the only person who panics about things!

I'm 25 and have suffered with anxiety for as long as I can remember, although I wasn't officially diagnosed until 10 years ago. Looking back, I remember being a very anxious child.. Worrying about smog or meteorites, even after choking on some water, I worried all night long that I was going to die!

My anxiety now takes on a mostly health-related form, although sometimes I get debilitating anxiety for no apparent reason. I have to really focus on grounding myself or I fear I might pass out. This sometimes happens in shops or in the car.

I'm not on any medication.. I've tried several SSRIs and two SNRIs for depression and none of them seemed to really help long-term. After I ended up with mild seretonin syndrome a few years ago, I've been reluctant to try anything since! I see a counsellor but don't find him much use.

As for my personal life.. I was a dog walker/pet sitter until I was hit by a car last September and broke both of my ankles. I'm healing but find it difficult to get back to work... So I've applied to uni! I actually got an offer this evening for a uni that I really want to go to. Yay.

I have a few pets, a dog (Sox), two rabbits (Niles & Frasier) and a fish (Indie). My Husband and I are thinking about adopting a second dog from the RSPCA but it's taking a long time.

I can't think what else to write really.. I like photography and walking. That's probably about it :) Anyway, it's great to be here and I look forward to getting to know people x :blush:

nomorepanic
15-02-12, 21:28
Hi Breezay

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

kittikat
15-02-12, 21:57
Hi :welcome:
Looks like you've had a bit of a tough time but great news about uni. Loads of lovely peeps here to offload to. Enjoy looking around :)