PDA

View Full Version : hi I'm Amber

amber9
15-02-12, 21:40
Hi, Im new to these forums. I have been on Sertraline for cataplexy since 1993. Over the years since i had to start taking it , I have sufferd from anxiety and the sertraline really helped . However , during the years I have suffered from depression and my gps and neurologists wont change my medication because it controls my nuerological condition. So far , Ive managed to cope . However, things have become unbearable through a series of horrible events - all of which have taken place over the last 2 months and one of which is a slow recovery from VERY major surgery in December. I am exhausted all the time, have had iron deficiency anemia since my operation and have finally "snapped". MY exhaustion is horrendous, I am having racing thoughts, sometimes feel as if I wish I were dead as I cant cope with whats happening to me. My family and friends aren't surprised ...they say any one of the things that have happened to me would knock someone for six - let alone all the things that have taken place...all hampered that I am physically ill from my operation ( which may take up to a year to recover from ). I know this is no good and have arranged to see my gp next week. In the past , they have tried to increase my sertraline - but I have backed off after about 3 weeks because I have found my anxiety getting worse and myself becoming more angry . I'm scared . I dont know whats going to happen regards treatment . I have been advised that sertraline is a "nervy" drug and hitting the correct dose can be difficult. At the moment I am on 75 mg . Can you be prescribed 2 different ssri's at once ? I just feel as if I'm frightened of my own shadow and feel like a rabbit stuck in the headlights . Any advice would be truly welcome. Thank you. Amber

nomorepanic
15-02-12, 21:43
Hi amber9

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

lizerie
16-02-12, 00:44
Welcome Amber!

robocop192
16-02-12, 07:56
Hi Nicola

With regards to anxietu I take prozac and Mirtazapine. Mirtazapine works great for anxiety im not how great the proac does for me but I suffer terrible anxiety. I did a review of both on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t0X1AilDPI if I can help fire away with questions as I have been on medications and suffered recurring anxiety and depression for years. At the moment I would say sounds like you need a change of dose. I am having cbt at moment (second session thus far)) and can highly recommend. My skype is on my profile if you ever need a chat

David