PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Or Something More Serious?

Breezay
15-02-12, 22:01
I've been having physical symptoms for a while now, mostly they started after I was in a car accident in September. I've put most of them down to anxiety but the worst one, I just can't seem to shake the fear of it being something more serious.

I've been getting tired quite a lot and when I feel too tired, I get like a weird zap in my brain and a flutter in my chest. My anxiety is usually at it's worst during the evening.. Nights out are difficult for me because all I can think about is things that might go wrong with me.

That's really the main thing that's been bothering me.. The weird zaps in my brain. I don't know if people have experienced the side effects of Effexor? But it's kinda similar to those zaps, just milder. My brother has sleep deprived/stress induced epilepsy so I'm mostly worried about that! He was diagnosed 3 years ago.

My other symptoms come and go.. Like I'll use the wrong word quite often in a sentence. To begin with, I'd notice it, but now I don't. I do it so often that my Husband picks up on it. I often get pains down my left arm and aches in my legs (Major worries - heart attack and blood clots!). Occasionally I will get blurry vision or floaters in my eyesight.

I've tried to put all of these things to anxiety or normal aches/pains. But then I stupidly searched brain tumour symptoms and I have them all! Of course, even if I thought I had a brain tumour, I wouldn't see my GP about it.. I'm terrified of something serious being wrong with me. And surgery scares the pants off of me!

Could these things be down to anxiety? I wonder if it's just tiredness or dehydration sometimes too. I get headaches, really bad ones, if I've not drank enough water all day.

I've really rambled.. I'm sorry. Anyone who reads this and makes any sense out of it deserves a medal!

Dill
16-02-12, 09:46
Hi there,
Floaters are very common for people suffering with anxiety, I get them all the time. I struggle to concentrate and often am unable to express in words what I would like to, my mind goes all 'wobbly'. I too often get what I call 'heart-jumps' and pain and aches im my left arm in particular, unfortunately the worst thing we anxiety sufferers do to ourselves is to focus on the pain, causing it to become stronger. Imagine pain in your big toe, after a while you'll feel it. Dehydration will always cause headaches, just keep drinking, especially if you are anxious as the headaches will only cause you to become more anxious.
Anxiety causes a whole host of terrible symptoms, and then the fear that comes with it creates even more, causing you to be trapped in a vicious circle. I do truly understand, have been suffering for over 2 years and know the awful effect it has.
But whatever you do, don't check your symptoms on the internet...the media always likes to focus on worst case scenarios, it's amazing that the whole world doesn't feel like we do!
Best of luck with all :)

Beauchamp
16-02-12, 11:33
I read both blog and i am agree both person. This is important information and i like it and enhance my information. Thanks a lot of share information.
New York Workout (http://www.thenewyorkpersonaltrainers.com/New-York-Workout-Program.html)