PDA

View Full Version : Reiki - Has anyone tried it?

nomorepanic
06-09-03, 19:10
Post a message here if you have ever tried Reiki.

Meg
06-09-03, 23:21
I've received Reiki and have completed my level 1 in Reiki. There is Level 2 and then Master courses too.

I use it to get rid of my partners headaches mainly.

Meg

red
23-01-04, 14:07
Hi! I tried Reiki for the first time last week and thought it was brilliant. I thought tha I wouldn't be able to cope with the 'feelings' I was told could happen and have avoided it before now. However, I have a friend who is a Reiki master and she did me a session - I couldn't believe that it would have such an effect on me. I was totally zonked out and went into the deepest relaxation that I have ever had.

I felt a bit panicky, I must admit, a couple of times but knew that I could stop at any time I wanted to. If you feel able to give it a go, I would definately recommend it - it is so peaceful and gave me a wonderful experience which made me cry, but cry in a relieved way not because I was unhappy or scared or anything.

If you are thinking about it - I hope this helps you to decide - feel free to ask anything about my 'experience' with it.

Red
x

stimpy
24-01-04, 00:03
I had never heard of Reiki before, let alone tried it.
I was taught healing hands massage several years ago, and people used to say it did wonders for their aching knees and backs.

I've got a book from the libary, so I'm going to give it ago.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Laurie28
23-02-04, 14:33
Well worth a try Liz!!

Very relaxing

Lucky

sadie
23-02-04, 21:14
Lucky,

Have you had Reiki? I would be interested in trying it out and your quite near me. Is there anyone you would recommend?

sadie

Jules31
24-03-04, 12:00
I tried Reiki a couple of years back and like Meg, did my Level 1. To be honest I didn't find that it really helped me but it was at a time when my anxiety was just starting to hit me really badly. I found that it made me feel exhausted.

I have used it on my partner a couple of times and it's cured his headaches and even a wart he'd had on his hand for ages. He swears that's what cured it but I'm still open minded. Everyone else on my course seemed to get a lot out of it.

Maybe I should give it a try again. Does anyone know if it matters if you haven't done any for a long time. I guess it would take time for the energies to start moving again. Meg do you know?

Jules

Meg
24-03-04, 16:48
You might want to start playing with feeling the energy between your hands again first and then move on.

Whilst you're not well , it will be exhausting for you as when channelling energy you do end up giving out your own as well and at this time I think you need to keep all of yours.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Jules31
25-03-04, 10:56
thanks Meg

When I was doing the reiki I did feel absolutely drained, like I a really bad flu. My legs ached so much I felt like I couldn't walk and I just wanted to sleep all the time. It lasted for weeks to months after. My Reiki Master said she didn't think it was the reiki but I'm sure it contributed to it. Think I will lay off it for a while, I've got so much other stuff going on and I really don't want to feel any worse.

Meg did you find it helped your anxiety at all?
Jules

Meg
25-03-04, 16:22
I never had a lack of energy problem. To the contrary most often my body was willing but the mind wasn't able to get over the fears I had.

I remember sittng at my desk planning a holiday, thinking of all the wonderful places to go, people to meet and very slowly going down the panic spiral as I just couldn't cope with it mentally, even though I was really raring to go. Gary said I was going white before his eyes even though I was still searching and spouting on about this trip I'd planned.

I think Reiki settled acute phases of anxiety- the shakiness and maybe balanced me out a bit but I wouldn't say it contributed enormously.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...