PDA

View Full Version : Unexplained Bruises and Rash.. Lansoprazole? Please Help :(

Sammy J
15-02-12, 23:01
Hi,

I'm currently going out of my mind with worry as I've developed a few large bruises on my legs but have not knocked them at all. I've been taking 30mg Lansoprazole for the last 10 days and the first bruise appeared on the 7th day of taking them. Also 3 days ago I started with a rash only on upper arms and legs and mainly at night (sort of like a heat rash). After reading the info leaflet in the Lansoprazole I noticed in the side effects are rashes and unexplained bruising so this morning I didn't take a tablet, but a new bruise is coming up on my leg and some red spots.

Since starting the tablets I've also had cystitis AND conjunctivitis and have generally felt really unwell.. the GP is fed up of seeing me :blush:

Can anyone advise on this as I'm now thinking the worst and getting myself in a real state.

Sam :(

nomorepanic
15-02-12, 23:28
You really do need to tell the doc about this in case he needs to stop them

Sammy J
16-02-12, 11:42
I've already stopped them, this is my second day without.

purplehippo
16-02-12, 15:02
sod the gp,some of my gps i see make me feel like that but sod them its their job they get wellpaid for it so you go if you are worried xxx
im sure it isnt anything to worry about but if its causing you stress then make the appointment.
im going again tommorow after 1 week ,i know he will see my face and think here we go again!
i think our anxious natures also make us paranoid about what people think of us ,but try to forget that for a few minutes and think about your peace of mindxxx

Sammy J
16-02-12, 21:23
I know, I feel like that too. I've been about 3 times in 10 days with different things. My stress levels are through the roof at the mo so I feel like I have everything wrong with me :(