PDA

View Full Version : Driving My Car

panicattack247
16-02-12, 14:51
Everytime I drive if I didnt pay attention for just a second I worry that I might have hit someone. I always worry if I have run someone over and not know it, I then check news websites over the next few days to see if there have been any hit and runs where I have driven. How do I get over this obsession and fear??

william wallace
17-02-12, 01:17
Hitting pedestrians tends to leave damage to the front of your vehicle, windshield etc, and also you would probably notice if there was someone flying over your bonnet.
Happens to me all the time, just throw them in the trunk and get rid of them under cover of darkness:D

nomorepanic
17-02-12, 01:19
You posted about this before:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92224

panicattack247
17-02-12, 08:12
I did? I didnt realise I had.

panicattack247
30-08-12, 07:17
having another mini fear about this.

I was driving home last afternoon, and i was turning left through a round-a-bout (we drive on the left in australia). I rushed through as i didnt want to cut someone off, but i noticed someone was crossing the road, so i slowed and squeezed through behind them,
but now i am worried that i may have hit them and i might go to jail. I'm sure i didnt, there is no damage on my car but would i know if i hit someone?

mck
30-08-12, 12:53
Hi panicattack,
This is called hit and run OCD, I think the only way to treat this is to get your anxiety under control, once you do you will have more confidence to face the fears. You need to realize that this is anxiety doing this to you and that you haven't actually hit anyone with your car, as real as it may seem it didn't actually happen. You would know 100% if you hit someone with your car, you know deep down you didn't but OCD is called the doubting disease for a reason, that's what it does, try to recognise when OCD is making you doubt yourself. This is a pretty good article on it http://www.steveseay.com/hit-and-run-ocd/

tiredOfOcd
30-08-12, 14:35
Once I was driving down the road and hit a squirrel.

The noise was unbelievable. It sounded as though I hit something HUGE.

If you really hit a person, not only would there be damage to your car BUT you would hear a noise that just didn't belong.

panicattack247
14-09-12, 12:33
cheers everyone.

Just a side note, if i did hit someone, how long would it take the cops to hunt me down, if it was in the middle of the day with witnesses??