PDA

View Full Version : from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

clio51
15-09-12, 19:54
do you find a phys just sorts your meds out and doesn't talk to you about your proble but im that bad this time again?

I dont know if cbt will help me I have hadit one before about 20yrs ago im giving it another go, the very hard part is putting it into pratice. im 54 and have been suffering panic/anxiety on and off since I was 28 .

you seem so settled now hope it goes well for you:bighug1:

pinkdove
15-09-12, 19:56
clio that is great advice from gav, the meds will only do so much, and the rest has to come from sheer determination to get better, it is hard i know, but doing a little every day, just motivating yourself really helps.

gav hope you are feeling a bit better today xx

nicola1980
15-09-12, 19:59
no my phyc just sorts my meds out and its my cpn who i talk too about my problems, worries etc and she then liases with my phyc xx

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

but pinkdove and gav are right you do need to help yourself, altho im a firm believer in meds you do need to force yourself to do things xx

clio51
15-09-12, 20:00
hi gav

I will try next week really hard to get there but when you have physical symptoms facing the public is very hard thing to do(hope i'm not sick on them) haha

you feeling any better

well off to watched tv for a while have a good nite veryone xxx

spawn
15-09-12, 20:08
Im feeling ok, i went to acupuncture and fell asleep..hehe
Done a bit of shopping and got a coffee/cake in town.. came home and cleaned the house, just had pizza for tea... not feeling to bad now thanks
Ive only got minor symptoms now, mainly in the morning.. once im up and showered etc im pretty good :)
Get the odd day when my mood gets low, but i guess everyone does!
Im just glad im able to do normal everyday things again :)

TJSMITH
15-09-12, 20:42
Hello all
Well after run of good days felt very anxious today which a shame as my mum treated me to a spa day which sounds like heaven but I still struggle to relax
How are you guys in your own company or when not busy?
Hope everyone else doing well xxx

nicola1980
15-09-12, 21:22
Sorry youve had a bad day tracy :hugs: im ok in my own company now i quite like it but i do get bored lol x x

TJSMITH
15-09-12, 21:58
Hmmm how long that took Nicola tO get to that point?
You ok ? As know you were struggling without the family x

nicola1980
16-09-12, 08:32
Tracy its only been the last week or so and altho i miss my mum so much with her being away i think its done me some good as i have had to spend time on my own instead of running upto her house, on fri i was on my own from 9 in the morning till 6.30 at niight and was fine just bored lol x x

---------- Post added at 08:32 ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 ----------

Morning all, well ive woke up quite chirpy and without a headache again :yesyes: done 2 loads of washing already while everyone else is still in the land of nod!!! Jacks out with his friends for a few hours today so going to chill out with hubby for a bit :D hope everyone else is ok :grouphug: xx

Pipkin
16-09-12, 08:40
Nicola,

You're very bright and breezy for a Sunday morning! I wish I'd done 2 lots of washing already. I'm just having breakie with the hound and then we're off for a nice long walk. It's a relaxing day for me too.

Pip x

TJSMITH
16-09-12, 10:23
Morning all
Well looks like a lovely day so like Nicola going to get the washing on and chill with the kiss today and try my best to keep the demons away.
Nic how long did if take for the ven to really make a difference ? I'm still up and down but as you know I'm on sertraline.
Pip you seem to be doing well too all gives others hope.
Everyone else have great day xxx

clio51
16-09-12, 11:08
my god you lot are up and going early( or is that the norm for you)

my last eight years have been getting up when I want to around 10.30(never been good at getting out of bed) I cant seem to move myself just managed to get tablets down me got up at 9.15 this morning, the dreaded thoughts arriving and the heaving again which is not a new thing for me it always happens when im like this its like a routine cycle for me now thats hard to break!!
still havnt got round to breakfast yet! 11am never been good at eating in mornings even when i worked( long time ago now 8 years) suppose it not going to happen in a month just need to bring things in earlier bit at a time.. practice

thats why next week anxiety management at 9.30 is a very big thing time wise as eight years of routine is not going to happen overnight.
only been getting up earlier because I keep waking earlier and also through the night so not refreshed in the morning at all. also not eating good, really love to get a bit of appetite back the thought of food doesnt interest me god I hope i dont become anorexic lost half a stone in 2 weeks.

well need to get myself a... moving lol xx

nicola1980
16-09-12, 11:30
Tracy ive really noticed a difference when i increased to 150mg 9 wks ago, been on ven now since march but this jast increase is whats really helped x x

pinkdove
16-09-12, 12:10
hi guys, nicola chirpy ? thats great news hun, yes you're about the same as me i started ven in feb, and i'd say be the end of may i started to feel better. you area bit behind me with the increase tho' maybe you will settle a bit better next week now that jack has done his first week, have a good chirpy day :hugs:

tracey, you are getting some good days now, so that is a good sign, re you're own company, imnoe keen on that either, i find i think more about things, but try to keep occupied which helps, have a nice relaxing sunday xx

clio. you have a test this coming week,and i know you;ll do it, i have been out of work for 3 years now, and really miss it, but at my age its hard to get something, and i'd like to go part time, been thinking of voluntay work, just to get me back in the swing of things, hpe you have a good day xx

pip have pm'd you xx

to everyone else have a good sunday xx

paul, joy, mw w where are you all xx

TJSMITH
16-09-12, 14:14
Thanks so much Nic and pink dove I am having few good days but when I have a bad few I scare myself again which hard to break.
Been on 100mg for 7 weeks of sertraline will give a bit longer then nay increase.
Do you think though if I have good days although still underlying that's a good sign to stay on this dose? Hard to know what to do x

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Ps is the anxiety still underlying for you both or do you just feel yourself as this will aid my I'm my decision lol

nicola1980
16-09-12, 19:43
Tracy i still have days where the anxiety is underlying but i can push it away now and its mainly happens if im tired or if i haven't eaten much, im not self analysing nearly as much now :yesyes: and im doing things i never would have done a few weeks ago like this afternoon i went to the pub to meet my sister her hubby and the kids and i didn't give it a second thought i just had a good time!! hows everyone elses day been? xx

TJSMITH
16-09-12, 19:49
Nicola im so pleased to hear that, it gives me hope aswell.
Mine is always there but some days easy to ignore and otheres not so.
Pleased you had a good day.

do you think an increase will help me?? been on 100 for 8 weeks.
I know you not a dr lol

nicola1980
16-09-12, 20:11
i personally would think of increasing slightly if it was me, there seems alot of people that do well on 150mg includding my sis xx

TJSMITH
16-09-12, 20:20
Think i will as been 8 weeks and have better days so i would assume the right med or that wouldnt happen i get scared of going up incase doesnt work and then its the coming back down again :huh:

I really feel getting there some days only for it to come crashing down again.

I been reading through your posts it seemed like me you were very up and down for a while but the last increase really helped :D xx

nicola1980
16-09-12, 20:45
yeah Trac the last increase has really made a difference its just trial and error getting the dosage right, id def try 150mg of sert if i was you xx

Sober2000june
16-09-12, 20:56
High folks,

Had a not bad day today:). Doc tomorrow need to remind myself to tell him what im like on bad days(like yesterday - was a complete bar steward:mad:) I feel i am really starting to want to go to the gym again so ill take that as a positive:yesyes:.

spawn
16-09-12, 21:01
High folks,

Had a not bad day today:). Doc tomorrow need to remind myself to tell him what im like on bad days(like yesterday - was a complete bar steward:mad:) I feel i am really starting to want to go to the gym again so ill take that as a positive:yesyes:.

Write a list of all your symptoms etc and take it to the doctors, thats what i do, otherwise your forget things :yesyes:

pinkdove
17-09-12, 12:41
paul good luck at the dr's today, hope you get something sorted out.

nicola1980
17-09-12, 13:41
Hi everyone, good luck at the docs Paul and Kitti :hugs: not a bad day for me again, have just made a lasagne for tea......which is a big achievement as been going to my mums for our tea everynight for the past year :blush: Mum and Dad are back off their hols tomo and i think all in all ive coped well without them :D but i have missed them! hows everyone else today? xx

TJSMITH
17-09-12, 13:52
Hi all
Good luck at doctors
Nicola think you can safely say onwards and upwards for you my dear.
I have my 18 month old nephew today so been good and busy so far, demons at bay for now lol
How's everyone else

Sober2000june
17-09-12, 14:56
Well,

Was at the docs. I also had my 2yr old as he has been on inhalers for breathing difficulties; good news is its clearing up so no more requirement for inhalers .
I told him about still not getting there and S ideation last week, but he recon I look bit better - so keep taking the tabs! Also, no update on shrink - he recons the monolithic beast of the NHS has swallowed it up, so he is going to follow it up. I emphasised I need a consultant who knows potions sooner than later, but I guess I’ll just have to do what I’ve been doing for the last 53wks; hope things get better:huh:

Take care peeps

clio51
17-09-12, 15:50
well today seems to have gone downhill, only managed piece of brown bread and glass milk for lunch!
partner said did I wont to go into town to M and S, so I pluck up the courage and went. seemed okay at first till partner couldn't make his mind up and I started to get a bit anxious and had to walk away.
I thought I would cheer myself up and get a new cardi(now its getting colder)
put one on and looked at my self in the mirror and could of CRIED I looked haggered and pale and my face looks thin. this bloody illness. was tearful walking out partner got hold of me and gave me a hug:bighug1:
I feel so down at the mo and ugly (sorry just feeling sorry for myself) need to get out of this. xx

pinkdove
17-09-12, 16:10
aw clio, i know that feeling well, im sure you look much better than you feel, i know i went through that feeling too, still do at times, because this illness does take its toll, but you went, and well done for that.

you seem to have an understanding partner like me, god bless them it must be so hard for them too, keep your chin up, ou will get there, i could,nt have my hair done for over a year, looked like wurzell gummage, and at 58 years old need all the help i can get. take care one day at a time xx

tracey nothing like a wee one to keep you distracted, hope you are feeling a wee bit better today xx

paul nothing new then ? keep taking he tablets ? wish they could feel like we do for a week or so, on the brighter side glad your wee boy is better xx

nicola, lasagna sounds nice, and your mum will be so pleased with you when she gets back, im sure she will see you looking much better, well done xx

hope everyone else is ok xx

Pipkin
17-09-12, 19:18
Hi everyone,

Just a quick check in as I've just got back from work and need to feed and water the hound before he tries to eat me.

I'm not doing too badly, just more jitters than usual. I'll give you a full update when I've settled down a bit. I do find it much easier to ignore the anxiety these days - it's easier than it ever has been and I've been battling this for a long long time. I wish I could say it's gone altogether but it hasn't. For me, it's just a matter of keeping going and not letting it ruin any more of my life - it's taken enough away from me already and it's not having any more. Fighting talk from me today!

Now I have a howling dog on my hands so I'm off to sort him out before the neighbours think there's a wolf on the loose.

Take care

Pip xxx

pinkdove
18-09-12, 09:14
morning guys, pip i know what you mean about the underlying anxiety, it does take some work to push through it, but i know you will do it, just when you think you're there the ups and downs remind you that there is still work to do.

just been to the dr's for blood tests for my appointment tomorrow morning at the hospital for my cholesterol, dont know what to expect so a bit anxious ver that, and all the ental appointments, will be glad when its all over, i have felt a bit low this past week, but i will be going out later to try and get on with my day the best i can, distraction.....the best way i think.

hows everyone else today ?

spawn
18-09-12, 11:55
Hey peeps.. Im not feeling to great again :(
Mornings are not good at the moment for some reason?
Back on the diazepam aswell.
Gav.

Pipkin
18-09-12, 13:48
Hi all,

Just popped out on my lunch for half an hour and am sat out in the sun - it's lovely and warm. A bit jittery myself still but nothing I can't handle. I'm still keeping the beta blockers at bay. Will check in later when I've got more time.

Keep at it everyone - we're in it together remember!

Pip xx

nicola1980
18-09-12, 15:13
Hi everyone, Gav i think you'd benefit from an increase now and if your gp wanted you on 150mg then id give it a go, don't worry about using diazepam to help you, i did for months and still do occasionally, our bodies need to recover :hugs: Pink good luck at the hospital tomo im sure you'll be fine but id be anxious about it too :hugs: Pip sorry to hear you've got the jitters, i still get them but more so when im tired or not ate enough now :hugs: hows everyone else doing? well ive done some baking this morning......check me out lol!!!! and just been and got some shopping in for my mum and dad as there bac this afternoon YAY!! big :hugs: all around xx

TJSMITH
18-09-12, 15:49
Wow baking Nicola you are really not well lol
Well good day for he worked in my kids school then out for lunch with hubby after being with year 4 kids decided need to re-sit my g.c.s.e in English lol but really loving helping out.
Time to try and relax for an hour
Joy where are you ?

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Pip, gav and pinkdove hope things improve soon xxx

miraiiro
18-09-12, 18:51
Hi everyone! I finally have internet access again. Unfortunately, I also have a cold. I usually get at least five or six of them every winter, but I'm a bit annoyed that I've caught my first one so soon. It's funny how you never appreciate something as simple as being able to breathe through your nose until it's all blocked up and leaking snot. Eww.

Well, I've finished moving home. I was also doing okay over the past three days, partly because I've been around other people a lot (which always helps) but also because I've had this cold. It sounds weird, but having physical symptoms to focus on makes me forget about the anxiety for a while. Today was different, however, in that I was super anxious when I got up this morning and also spent about an hour crying for no reason. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better, but I still don't feel like Venlafaxine is doing much for me, or at least the dose that I'm on now (75 mg). I won't be able to increase until I see my psychiatrist next month so I'll just have to keep hanging in there until then.

In other news, I recently learned how to crochet! I'm working on making a blanket but it's a bit of a slow process.

Hope you're all doing okay. :)

pinkdove
18-09-12, 21:10
hi mira good luck in your new home, and well done for coping with the move, i hope your cold gets better soon, you are probably feeling anxious today, because of the past few days catching up on you, im sure it will pass, could you contact your pysc ? maybe ask him/her about increasing if you feel you need too.

anyway good luck with the blanket, wen its finished you can snuggle up in it when the dark winter nights kick in xxx

Coni
18-09-12, 21:30
Hi everyone,

feel a bit of a fraud posting on here as Im now reducing my dose of venlafaxine (and hopefully coming off it). But I hope you dont mind me popping in?

Sorry to hear some of you are still having it tough....my psychologist said to me that recovery isnt a straight line (even though we'd all love to go just one way in the right direction. She said its more like a series of circles and that each time you hit a blip you learn something and that even though you may feel like you are back at the start at times you never really are.....you're always making progress on your way round (sorry she probably was at lot clearer in explaining than I am but I found it helpful at the time lol).

Crochet sounds great Mira....Id love to be creative or talented but unfortunately I missed out on that particular personality trait lol!

Pip, I've been thinking about whether anxiety ever really goes away....ive been going to a group for the last few weeks which is a bit of mindfulness and a bit of thinking about thoughts (it has a fancy name which I cant remember and which didnt make a lot of sense to me:shrug:)

Anyway, though Im a complete novice at this mindfulness lark, and even though the first couple of weeks seemed a bit airy fairy and confusing, I think some of it is starting to make a wee bit of sense maybe. (I tend to overthink things though and confuse myself so need to break that habit). I am finding the stuff on thoughts really good....how we can allow ourselves to 'snowball' from a tiny thought to a massive catastrophe in seconds (well I can) and how to stop 'fighting' the thoughts and just let them go even though you can notice they are there. Lots of good visualisation ideas too. I know Claire Weekes' book focuses on not fighting the anxiety too.

Anyway as I said Im not very good at explaining (esp when I barely understand it myself lol) but I thought I'd share.

Mira you made me smile with your appreciation of being able to breathe through your nose lol!

Gav sorry to hear you're not so good, maybe a dose increase would be good for you as others have said?

Good luck for the hospital Pink, hope you get on ok.

Hugs to everyone :hugs:

Pipkin
18-09-12, 23:56
Hi Coni,

My approach to dealing with anxiety is probably fairly similar to the things you're learning in your class but I probably just see it a bit simplistically. I recognise the symptoms when they start but choose to ignore them whenever I can, which is more often than not these days. Although I've been a bit jittery recently, it has got easier over time.

The worst thing I can do is dwell on how I'm feeling because my brain starts to work at 1000 mph and the smallest things grow completely out of proportion - what I guess therapists call catastrophising. I force myself to do things that distract me and I find getting out and walking the best thing.

I always say I'll never stop fighting anxiety but what I mean is that I'm determined not to let it win and take away more years from me than it already has. I've spent far too long worrying about things that are outside of my control and, ultimately, never came to anything anyway. It's just a total waste and I won't let it carry on like that. As I've said before, I don't think I'll ever get rid of it totally but that's just my approach and some might say that I never will if I think like that. For me, it helps because I don't end up frustrated and disappointed when it pops up its ugly head again.

I read somewhere that we shouldn't be defined by our illness but I think I've had it too long to separate if from who I am so, although that may be true for some people, I don't believe it is for me.

Sorry to go all philosophical but what you wrote got me thinking. I guess at the end of the day, we're all different and deal with things in our own way. What we have in common though is an illness that can be crippling and that the majority of people don't understand. That's why I find it so helpful to be a member here - people really do understand.

Take care

Pip xx

ewood79
19-09-12, 04:51
Well said Pip and hello to you all.

Jarrod

X

Coni
19-09-12, 07:25
Morning everyone,

another rubbish nights sleep but hey ho!

Sorry Pip, didn't mean to suggest that anyone was doing the things I wrote about, its just that that's what I do and that's the stuff we've been focussing on in the group. I have been like this for years, its like my 'dark secret' (though not so secret when you consider I've had two episodes of long term sick leave in 7 years).
This is genuinely the first time i've had a bit of hope that I may be able to have some control....and I've been so ashamed of myself for such a long time that it feels good to have that hope.

Apologies, I didn't mean to come across all 'preachy' lol.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good luck at the hospital Pink.

Take care xxx

Pipkin
19-09-12, 12:45
Hi all,

No Coni, I didn't take it that way at all (honest :D) so apologies from me if my reply implied that. It just put me in a reflective mood and I thought what you wrote was very interesting. I like to philosophise now and again!

Well, as you may have gathered, I've been feeling a bit jittery over the past few weeks and not as good as I had been so I requested an increase during my review with my GP last week. I'm now heading up to 150mg a day (still got the extended release caps after a battle of wills involving discussions about cost/benefits which I won). I increased to 112.5mg on Saturday and have been feeling fine. Very few side effects (if any) and I'm starting to get back on form. I plan to go to 150 over the next day or 2 depending on when I feel ready.

I thought I'd share with you as I know a few of you are either increasing at the moment or are thinking about it. All I can say is that if you feel your current dose isn't quite right and you think you've given it enough time, consider an increase. I was preparing for a bumpy ride but it's been ok so far and any increased anxiety I've had has been easy to ignore. I'll let you know how I'm doing.

Don't interpret this as ven stopping working for me because that's not true at all. I just felt I could get more out of it if I increased. Time will tell, I suppose. I still maintain that ven has been a life saver for me and I feel a million times better than I did at the beginning of the year.

Take care all

Pip xxx

Pipkin
19-09-12, 12:50
P.S. For info, this is without diazepam (which I've never taken) or without resorting to my faithful beta blockers (which are always on standby). In other words, if I can do it anyone can!

xx

karenp
19-09-12, 12:54
I just thought I'd say HI to every one as I'm starting Ven this week! How long have you guys all been on it now? :) I am suffering with terrible panic attacks and anxiety at the mo despite being on Mirtazapine for the last 7 months, I know there's not going to be a quick fix but I just hope I have better luck with Ven, hugs to you all Karen xx

nicola1980
19-09-12, 14:55
Hi everyone, good luck with the increase Pip :hugs: and :welcome: Karen as you know mirt didn't suit me but im doing well on the ven at a dose of 150mg, well guys i start work tomo :ohmy: my friends runs a cafe and rang me today to see if i fancied doing a couple of shifts a week so ive just met her for lunch and i start tomo so fingers crossed ill get on ok, im feeling nervous but sure ill be ok when i get there xx

karenp
19-09-12, 15:31
Nicola that's absolutley brill!!! It just shows how much better the Ven has made you to even be able to think about getting a little job. I'd love one too as William is 9 now and I've not worked for ten years but I can't even manage a day trip to Blackpool on Saturday I've got coach tickets for. And just remember, it's normal nerves this not the illness, you are feeling...I hope you really enjoy your first day, it'll be lovely working with your friend hey (:

spawn
19-09-12, 15:36
Well done Nicola with the job!

Im upping to 150mg 2moz, seems alot of ppl are on the increase at the moment!

nicola1980
19-09-12, 15:41
Thanks Karen and Gav :D when you starting the Ven Karen? i cross tapered over from the mirt? xx

karenp
19-09-12, 16:26
Tomorrow I think, argggghhh! :weep: I've already started tapering off the Mirt now, I'm on 22.5mg's then I'll go down to 15 next week. I can't wait to get off it. I'm just annoyed it made my soon to be ex hubby really well too (hmff!! ha ha) when he had a nervous break down 4 years ago thanks to his job but it's been either too weak for me or has caused an adverse reaction! The consultant I saw at the hospital told me Ven is a lot more potent but I've done evil Citalopram 3 times so I keep telling myself I can do this!!!! :scared15: Hopefully this time next year I'll have a little job too. My Sister's after getting me doing school dinners with her, we'll be taking over the school as her Mum in law and 2 sis in laws also work as dinner ladies there!!! A play ground of screaming kids, come on Ven get me well enough to deal with the little monkies if I do get a job one day with the Kent clan!!!

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Hi all,

Don't interpret this as ven stopping working for me because that's not true at all. I just felt I could get more out of it if I increased. Time will tell, I suppose. I still maintain that ven has been a life saver for me and I feel a million times better than I did at the beginning of the year.

Pip xxx

I'm hoping it'll work for me too Pip. :yahoo:

Pipkin
19-09-12, 16:42
Nicola - good luck tomorrow. You'll be fine and I bet you love it! What a long way you've come!

Karen - I've been on ven since January and it's been great for me. This is the second time I've taken it (the first time was 10 years ago) so I had confidence that it would work again which is half the battle, in my opinion. Just lately I've not been quite as good as before so u thought I'd benefit from an increase but having said that, 75mg has always done the trick before. If you suffer from panic attacks, I would strongly recommend you start low (37.5mg) and increase after a week or so. I'm sure your doctor will advise this too.

Gav - are you going straight up to 150? I asked the doc for some 37.5mg tabs (which I split and take 12 hours apart) as I wanted a smoother transition. My GP has also requested regular blood and BP tests in case of any problems at a higher dose. He said this was standard practice as I've never had any problems before. As far as I know, all my bits are working perfectly. We can compare notes though, so far, I'm not noticing any real problems and am feeling better.

Kitti - have you taken off yet? Join the increase club and we can share our experiences!

Take care

Pip xxx

kittikat
19-09-12, 17:16
Yes Pip...I've taken off haha!! I'm in the increase club too, but a mere novice on 75g it would seem....Felt much less low today too but very tired and a little whooshy.

Pip, good luck with your increase - how long have you been on 75?

Gav- best of luck in the 150 gang!

Nicola, brilliant news about the job, it will do you good, good luck :hugs:

Karen- good luck with your start up tomorrow, keep us posted!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok :bighug1: Kitti xx

Pipkin
19-09-12, 17:44
Kitti,

Sounds positive! I have been on 75mg since January so I'm an old hand at this ven lark :D

Let's see how we all get on - I have a positive feeling about it.

Pip xxx

spawn
19-09-12, 17:58
Gav - are you going straight up to 150? I asked the doc for some 37.5mg tabs (which I split and take 12 hours apart) as I wanted a smoother transition. My GP has also requested regular blood and BP tests in case of any problems at a higher dose. He said this was standard practice as I've never had any problems before. As far as I know, all my bits are working perfectly. We can compare notes though, so far, I'm not noticing any real problems and am feeling better.

Pip xxx

Yep going straight up from 75mgXL to 150mgXL.
Ive just picked them up, my doctor said they should take around 10 days to kick in?

pinkdove
19-09-12, 18:58
well hospital appointment went ok, glad its over, cholesterol has come down a bit, but i need to go back in 3 months, and change my tablet, so thats fine.

i am thinking of reducing my dose back a bit, pip can i get 37.5mg in slow release cap ? then i could take 75 and 37.5 for a month or so before trying to get down to 75mg which is my aim, my pysc said i would need a maintenance dose indefinately, and im fine with that, but i would like to get down on the dose a bit, any advice appreciated. hope you are doing ok with the incease xxx

welcome karen and good luck hunni xx

nicola working omg that is great news hope you enjpy it, well done you !!!! xx

gav good luck with the increase xx and you too kittie.

hope everyone else is ok xx

miraiiro
19-09-12, 18:58
Pink - I hope the hospital visit went okay. Let us know how you are.

Coni - Good luck with reducing your dose! I think you're very brave to try coming off medication altogether, so I really hope the withdrawl effects stop soon. :hugs:

Karen - Another new starter on Venlafaxine! I've been on it three weeks now and it's been the easiest anti-depressant I've had so far. It doesn't seem to have anywhere near as many horrible side effects as some of the SSRI's, and many people seem to tolerate it quite well, myself included. Let's hope you're one of them.

Nicola - Wow, you're starting work? That's great news! I just recently started volunteering at a hospital cafe, but I'm sure it'll be nice for you to earn a little pocket money.

Gav - Keep us posted on how the increase goes for you once you start tomorrow! It'd be great if you started seeing some benefits very soon.

Well, today has been another bad day. It got a bit better once I went out to do my new volunteer job for a few hours, but I was super anxious and tearful when I got up this morning again. I even cried a bit once I got home about half an hour ago. I feel like I need to talk to someone about this, if only for reassirance, but my GP is no good, I don't see my psychiatrist for another month and I got discharged from the mental health brief intervention team last week (who only work short term with people who are in a crisis) so I'm feeling kind of stuck and wishing I didn't have to deal with this alone.

Sorry for being so miserable! I know a lot of people are going through a tough time at the moment, so I apologise for whining. :blush:

pinkdove
19-09-12, 19:02
mira sorry crossed posts, aw hun im so sorry you have had a tough day, but you done so well to volunteer and ont worry about posting, thats what we are here for, to support each other thrugh good and bad.

have a nice relaxing evening, could you ring your pysc, just for a chat ? a bit of reassurance, if not we are all here for you. take care xxxx

Pipkin
19-09-12, 19:13
Hi Pink,

Yes, they definitely make 37.5 mg slow release caps as they're included in my info leaflet but I'm not sure that they're available. Failing that, you could do what I'm doing at the minute and take half a 37.5 tab am and half pm. It's a bit of a faff but, as it's only temporary, it's not too bad. Also, with 37.5 being such a low dose, it doesn't give you the ups and downs or nausea like the stronger tabs do. It's fine to do this alongside a slow release cap.

75 mg is still an effective dose so you could head towards that longer term. Why are you decreasing? Is it the SEs or something to do with your test results? Either way, if you do decrease, you've nothing to worry about. You've improved so much and learned to cope that you'll manage fine. And remember, you can always increase again if you need to.

Pip xxx

miraiiro
19-09-12, 19:14
Hi Pink, yes I just saw your update right after I posted mine! I'm really glad the hospital visit wasn't anything to worry about. I never even thought about ringing my psychiatrist, to be honest. I've only seen him twice, and he doesn't come across as being a very understanding or reassuring person. Not that he's horrible or anything, just that he's rather clinical and comes across as being quite... distant? Which has been my experience of everyone I've encountered in mental health services. There hasn't been anyone I could feel comfortable with or who really helped me when I needed it. :shrug:

TJSMITH
19-09-12, 19:24
Hello All

Well another good day for me :) the demons are there lol but im easily keeping them away at the moment and could easily cope if thats the way its to be.

Nicola wow work, well done thats fab news and im positive you will be fine if honest my better days are at work when im busy.

Pink pleased the appointment went well.
Hope everyone else ok??? Anyone heard from joy??

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

Mira
Sorry you having a bad day :hugs:it can change very quick though or so i have found although i know that doesn't help when in depths of despair.
I have found everyone to be supportive on here so keep chatting, im not on Ven but still chat to people on here. Im on Sertraline and the next one to try would be ven but think i may actually be turning a corner finally and you will to xx

william wallace
20-09-12, 07:29
Hey nice one Nicola well done.xx you be just fine girl:hugs:

Coni
20-09-12, 07:37
Morning everyone,

Just popping in before work.
Hope you are all ok.
Mira, sorry you're finding it so tough just now. I have been so lucky this time with my psychiatrist and psychologist. Mental health is one aspect where you particularly need to have some empathy and good communication skills so it makes me mad to hear when health professionals cant manage that. And also as a service its way under resourced and I think not given enough priority. What about counselling? I dont know what services are like where you are, and it can still be a hit or a miss finding the right person, but it may help to have someone to talk to. We have a service in our area which ir voluntary sector and even if theres a waiting list they have a support group you can go to while you wait.

My plans have changed (again) with the meds, so not brave at all....just a bit stupid it seems.
Pink, I would def discuss your meds with your doctor/psychiatrist first....you sound a bit like me....just dont follow my lead, I am not a good example of what to do lol!

Hi and hugs to everyone else, sorry need to go get dressed for work. :hugs: x

Tufty
20-09-12, 08:53
Good luck Nicola and well done. Remember you'll probably feel more anxious to begin with but give it time and your time at work will pass quickly, you'll gain confidence and the anxiety will pass. x

pinkdove
20-09-12, 10:12
yea good luck nicola, you will be just fine, what a huge step for you xx

sam so glad you feel as if you;re turning a corner, you so deserve it, you have been through the mill, hope you continue to improve xx

coni iam already having second thoughts, something pip said to you on the other thread, think how far you've come.....well i am going to stick on the 150 for another month or so,as maybe the dark nights and winter approaching may not be the best time for me, and when i do i will do it with some help from my gp xx

pip, the reason for me wanting to decrease is the weight thing, the sweats, and just to see if i would be ok on a lower dose, but on reflection, although i am so much better, there are still days when i feel its not so far away, so maybe a bit too soon, how are you doing with the increase ? xx

hows everyone else today ? xxxxx

nicola1980
20-09-12, 11:59
Hi guys well i bottled going to work :weep: i was up nearly all night panicking about it which told me i wasn't actually ready to go back to work yet, i feel ive come so far the past few weeks and i really don't want to jepodise my recovery and i got myself in a right state last night over it, i spoke to my hubby who didn't want me to take the job anyway as he thought it would be too much for me at the min considering ive only just recently been well enough to do normal housework!! I also spoke to my cpn who agreed that the 7 hour shifts would prob be too much for me aswel and she said i had to listen to my body and that was telling me last night that it was a no go!!! my friend was fine about it and completely understood but i do feel disappointed in myself but i also feel ive come so far the past few weeks that i don't want to knock myself back as i do still get tired easily but i guess thats my body recovering after a year of hell!! so thanks for all the congrats peeps but unfortunatly it wasn't to be :weep: maybe in a couple of months ill be physically and emotionally strong enough to cope with a job but for the time being im focusing on my recovery and my family who have also had a year of hell thanks to me and this damn illness xx

spawn
20-09-12, 12:02
Sorry to here that nicola, chin up! :)

nicola1980
20-09-12, 12:10
Thanks Gav :) my mum thinks i try to run before i can walk and considering how ill i was a few months ago im inclined to agree with her!! hows the 150mg going? are you on the capsules or the tablets?

clio51
20-09-12, 12:57
hi Nic

dont beat yourself up about noy going, when you think of it 7 hours is a long time in a day, and as you say look how far you have come to where you was months ago. take you time there's no rush your health and well being is more important than a job. I know is was a distraction but there is nothing more important than your health and family.
:flowers:

spawn
20-09-12, 13:06
Thanks Gav :) my mum thinks i try to run before i can walk and considering how ill i was a few months ago im inclined to agree with her!! hows the 150mg going? are you on the capsules or the tablets?

Im on capsules XL, havent felt any different yet?
Not sure what il feel tbh, any ideas?..lol

nicola1980
20-09-12, 13:25
hi Nic

dont beat yourself up about noy going, when you think of it 7 hours is a long time in a day, and as you say look how far you have come to where you was months ago. take you time there's no rush your health and well being is more important than a job. I know is was a distraction but there is nothing more important than your health and family.
:flowers:
Thanks Clio :hugs: how are you today? xx

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

Im on capsules XL, havent felt any different yet?
Not sure what il feel tbh, any ideas?..lol
Im on the XL capsules too, im sure they'll kick in soon xx

TJSMITH
20-09-12, 13:34
Hi all
Sorry to hear that Nicola but its the right thing to do, maybe just enjoy life a bit first now you heading to normality :)

Well im ok feel a little flat but think thats like a normal person on some days lol as weather turning etc.. done my voluntary work in school this morning which i love but hoping something becomes permanant its all experience i guess plus helping those behind so gt my reward from that.

Pink you done so well but as you say the weather turning, enough to depress anyone. I'm not sure if i suffer from sad lol although didnt really enjoy the sun this year due to not being well.

I keep asking i know but anyone heard from Joy:shrug:

nicola1980
20-09-12, 13:39
Hi Tracy, im in contact with Joy through phone and text, shes not doing too well :-( her shrink is weaning her off her AD as its not helping but won't add another in until shes seen her heart consultant beginning of october so shes literally got to go it alone bless her, think she'd appreciate some hugs :hugs:xx

pinkdove
20-09-12, 13:54
:hugs: just for you joy, take care hunni xxx

nicola, you have done the right thing, i would love to go back to work, but i think it would be too soon for me too, thinking about voluntary work tho' as your mum says walk before you run, just concentrate on your recovery xxx
x

tracey yea we all have off days, i have not been too bad this past few days, and like nicola i am going to complete my recovery before changing anything x

gav hope you feel better soon, long road but you'll get there xxxx

Sober2000june
20-09-12, 14:31
Hi all,

Thought it was time I chimed in. kind of feel I have lost track with what is going on in the thread. Lots of new people and if I haven’t replied to you personally I do apologise as I currently have the cognitive function of a dead goldfish. I actually feel embarrassed to comment cos I feel so sh!t. Just don’t feel I’m getting there. I know it can take time but I’m into week 9 on 225 and I’m starting to get ideation again; especially this morning. I’m just hoping I get a consultant soon and not one who knows jack about meds or her boss who rarely listens and all but pats you on the head. Sorry for the poor me folks, but I feel I am doing everything, eating healthy, exercising regularly, no nicotine(never smoked), alcohol(12yrs 3months sober) or caffeine(had none since last august when my brain went pop! I don’t think I can sleep as well on 225 – but who knows I’m not an expert and nor is my GP(who openly admits).

Good luck with the increase Pip.

Take care all and sorry bout the boo hoo!

Paul

pinkdove
20-09-12, 16:13
paul, i would have thought that 9 weeks into the increase would have shown a bit of improvement, how did you feel on the lower dose ? i mean are things any worse/better on the 225mg.

i feel for you i know its a long road and you have had the withdrawals from diazapam as well. but is there another gp in your practice you could talk too, maybe another gp would be more sympathetic, and help you better, just a thought, thinking of you and hope you get some relief soon xxxx

joy
20-09-12, 16:15
Dear all
Nicola has filled you in with whats happening to me. DR g is woried about the heart xray i had several weeks ago and also we agreed the valdoxan wasnt doing what it said on the tin but he doesnt want to prescribe anything else cos several a/ds affect the heart. The gp sent me for another chest xray yesterday and will get me an earlier apt if nothing has changed. Trying not to be too scared. Take last valdoxan tonight then gawd knows what will happen. Any Hugs appreciated

Joy

pinkdove
20-09-12, 16:21
good luck joy, sorry you are having such a rough ride just now, and having to come off all your meds thats tough going too.

i hope you get an appointment re your heart soon, as im sure that will be worrying you so much, wish there was something i could say to ease things for you, but i can only say thinking about you and wishing you welland send you :hugs:

Sober2000june
20-09-12, 16:38
Its really hard to tell any more Pink. All i know is i was better for the 18yrs i did it without meds. used to get endorphin highs at the gym just feel unresponsive to music that used to give me an endorphin rush.

pinkdove
20-09-12, 17:37
paul you really sound down just now, are you still going to your meetings, i know they used to give you a lift, if you've been feeling this way for a while now i would consider speaking to another gp

this is so hard paul i know that, but there have been times when you have felt you were getting there, it sounds to me like your mood has crashed a bit, and that is hard to deal with, hope you feel better soon, and dont suffer, if you need to, talk to someone, another gp at your practice. take care xxx and goes without saying we are here for you too have a :hugs:

TJSMITH
20-09-12, 18:24
Ah Joy sending you the biggest :hugs:thought strange you not been on here you have been missed for sure, hoping something gets sorted soon.

Nicola pink is right wait until you ready, i pushed myself last week as have a fear of sitting still and letting the thoughts in and boy did i pay by the end of the week.

Paul sorry to hear you having a rough ride aswell.

Im currently filling in more job applications which im finding so boring as half the time dont even get an interview even though im qualified :mad: thinking about doing my english gcse again aswell all to keep me busy lol... hubby worried im doing too much but i struggle on my own.

Well must go bath the kids i guess, catch up later xxxx

Pipkin
20-09-12, 18:56
Joy,

Sorry you're having such a hard time. I really feel for you. A big warm :hugs: coming your way.

Pip xxx

Pipkin
20-09-12, 18:56
Joy,

Sorry you're having such a hard time. I really feel for you. A big warm :hugs: coming your way.

Pip xxx

miraiiro
20-09-12, 19:04
Nicola - Don't worry about putting off going back to work. Only do it when you feel ready to. I've only started volunteering one day a week for 2-3 hours, and that's enough for me right now. The mere idea of a 7 or 8 hour shift is enough to make my anxiety want to pierce through the heavens, ahaha.

Well, today started off as badly as the previous two days. Okay, so it was slightly better in that I only cried for about twenty minutes this morning as opposed to over an hour. I even tried listening to some guided meditation stuff but that didn't last long as I'd forgotten to charge my mp3 player. Oops. Then I treated myself to some retail therapy, albeit in a charity shop. I got some really nice stuff though! And all for less than a tenner.

I'm still wishing the Venlafaxine would start doing something at last, not to mention that I would stop losing my motivation. It's been difficult just peeling myself off the sofa sometimes, but I really need to start doing things around the house. Maybe it's because my mood has been so low again lately. I never really want to do anything when I'm depressed.

Hope everyone else is okay!

Tufty
20-09-12, 21:28
:hugs::bighug1::hugs::bighug1::hugs: for you Joy x x x
You're right Nicola about listening to your body and not rushing into something, we're always saying how patient you have to be with the meds and the whole recovery process and working a 7 hour shift was asking alot. That time will come though x

Pipkin
20-09-12, 22:12
Evening everyone,

All is well here - a very busy day at work and quite a late finish but that's how I like it. I've now gone up to 150mg and I'm definitely feeling better, pretty perky actually. So far this week, I've had a bit of raised anxiety which I can feel in my stomach and my pupils have gone all :scared15: again but otherwise I'm fine. I've been on ven for months now so if my body's not used to it by now, it never will be. So far, so good.

Pink - I would just see how you get on at the docs the next time before decreasing. You mention weight - quite interesting as I've put a bit of weight on this year (I needed to, to be honest) and I don't believe it's the ven directly, I think it's my reduced anxiety which has helped my appetite and stopped me being so anxious that I just burn off calories by sitting and worrying. Just my view and I may be wrong. The sweats are definitely a SE though and I know you've found that really hard.

Gav, Kitti - how are the increase buddies doing?

Paul - sorry you don't seem to be getting anywhere. What did your doc say at your last review?

Nic - you'll know when the time's right so don't be disappointed. It's not something to rush as you could just end up setting yourself back after you've been doing so well.

How's everyone else this evening? Sorry not to say hello to you all individually but there are so many of us (which is great) but I struggle to keep up.

Take care

Pip xxx

spawn
20-09-12, 22:26
Hey pip!

Im much the same today after my increase to 150, felt quite lightheaded later in the day, didnt get alot done at work, but thats ok coz im the boss..lol

I have noticed that my teeth are really aching?? very weird?
Finding mornings hard again, with nausea. Seeing my doctor on sat morning for a check up etc, shes really nice. And really thinks increasing will do me good, she told me she has dealt with alot of cases the same as mine, so thats positive, as my past doctors didnt have a clue!!

kittikat
20-09-12, 22:33
Great to hear you are doing well on the increase Pip....it's the same for me here too, feeling quite positive actually :yesyes:

Joy...thinking of you and sending big hugs your way :bighug1: xxx
Mira...have PM'd you, but I still think you are doing better than you think you are, and it is hard to motivate yourself, I have found that too. Oh, and well done on the retail therapy :winks:

Hope everyone else is doing ok, hugs to all :hugs: stay positive xxx

ewood79
20-09-12, 23:04
Hi guys well i bottled going to work :weep: i was up nearly all night panicking about it which told me i wasn't actually ready to go back to work yet, i feel ive come so far the past few weeks and i really don't want to jepodise my recovery and i got myself in a right state last night over it, i spoke to my hubby who didn't want me to take the job anyway as he thought it would be too much for me at the min considering ive only just recently been well enough to do normal housework!! I also spoke to my cpn who agreed that the 7 hour shifts would prob be too much for me aswel and she said i had to listen to my body and that was telling me last night that it was a no go!!! my friend was fine about it and completely understood but i do feel disappointed in myself but i also feel ive come so far the past few weeks that i don't want to knock myself back as i do still get tired easily but i guess thats my body recovering after a year of hell!! so thanks for all the congrats peeps but unfortunatly it wasn't to be :weep: maybe in a couple of months ill be physically and emotionally strong enough to cope with a job but for the time being im focusing on my recovery and my family who have also had a year of hell thanks to me and this damn illness xx

Hey Nicola don't be too hard on yourself.... By even thinking about going back to work shows you are on the improve..... Keep putting Urself out there though!

X

Pipkin
20-09-12, 23:33
Gav,

I bet you're grinding or clenching your teeth without realising it - that could make them ache. This is one is the SEs for me which I had to talk to my dentist about. See if you can catch yourself doing it.

Pip

kittikat
20-09-12, 23:51
Gav,

I bet you're grinding or clenching your teeth without realising it - that could make them ache. This is one is the SEs for me which I had to talk to my dentist about. See if you can catch yourself doing it.

Pip

Gav, I too have noticed myself 'jaw clenching' and teeth grinding (especially at night) and I have never done it before, I think Pip could be right...I hope things improve for you, but well done on going to work today!

spawn
21-09-12, 08:54
Hey nice one Nicola well done.xx you be just fine girl:hugs:

Gav,

Pip

Yep maybe ur right, il think I'm doing it without knowing?

pinkdove
21-09-12, 09:48
gav thats the reason i am spending so much time at the dentist, grinding my teeth, all my back ones have cumbled :ohmy: they offered to make me a shield to wear at night but i think i would gag, it is a side effect as pip says, hopefully it will pass for you xx

pip have pm'd you, pleased you are doing well on the increase and as you say your body will be used to the ven, still you have done great to get up to 150mg in such a short time, well done, im sure you will start to see the benefits soon, have a good day....the weekends nearly here, i dont know about you, but time seems to go soquick lol xxx

paul, how are you today ?

my ususall friday ahead going out to lunch and a jaunt round the shops, although its raining here today, but i wont melt lol, feeling better tis past few days, and will leave my dose till i feel a bit stronger.

kittie you are doing so well hunni, well done you xx

hope everyone else is ok xxx

nicola1980
21-09-12, 11:29
Hi all, i must grind my teeth in the night as sometimes i wake up and my jaw really aches but im petrified of dentists :ohmy: but know i must see one soon, its chucking it down here and really miserable outside so im snuggled up on the sofa with a blanket on me as im freezing lol, im feeling ok today but tired as still waking early but i do manage to dose back off for a bit longer.......well after ive been downstairs for a fag first :blush: hope everyone else is ok :hugs: xx

Coni
21-09-12, 12:15
Morning everyone,

its a lovely day here and the sun is out which makes a nice change.

Have a wee day off today which is lovely. Had a lovely long leisurely chat with my eldest son this morning (he's 20). He has had a rough time in the last 6 months and has had some major stressors to deal with (which he kept to himself) and Ive been really worried about him. He seems to be coming out the other side now tho albeit on a different path (uni didn't work out for him). But Im just so glad to see him looking better and enjoying life again. And he has a job which is a real bonus in these difficult times. I don't think I will ever stop worrying about my kids no matter their age (I guess thats normal tho).

Am back up to 75mg a day now and feel better already. Who'd have thought such a seemingly small change in dose could have such a major effect on your body. Anyway I have promised to 'behave' till I see my psychiatrist in 3 weeks. He was a bit unhappy at what I was doing and I got a bit of a slap on the wrist:blush:. I guess opening capsules and trying to judge what half a dose is is not a very good idea (so please dont anyone else try this).

Gav, I have a weird feeling in my teeth too but I notice it more with any dose change either up or down. My colleagues laugh because I describe it as my teeth being tired lol!

Pip thank you for your kind words of wisdom the other day. I was feeling very downhearted so sorry for being a bit of a whinger. Still feeling a bit flat and disappointed (and ashamed) of myself, but Im sure Ill feel better soon. Really hoping this 75mg works for me as I maybe wouldnt mind staying on that as a maintenance dose maybe. No sweats which is a major plus. Just need to sort out my weight though.

Pink, good luck in whatever you decide. I think you should take advice from your doctor on decreasing and then when you have the information you need you can make your choice. I was a bit impulsive and thought I knew best but turns out I didn't lol!

Nicola, I think you should take things slowly and not push yourself too fast. Be kind to yourself :hugs:.

Hope everyone else has a good day today.

Hugs to everyone:bighug1:

X

Pipkin
21-09-12, 12:29
Coni,

When I stopped last time (10 years ago or so), I just went cold turkey and rode out the symptoms. I got a slap on the wrist too but I like being naughty sometimes. Life would be boring if we confirmed all the time so I wouldn't worry about it!

Pip xx

Pipkin
21-09-12, 12:30
P.S. I was a bit stupid though and wouldn't do it again!

x

Coni
21-09-12, 12:32
Pip, liked your P.S....almost like a disclaimer lol!
x

kittikat
21-09-12, 12:48
Coni,

I understand where you are coming from with worrying about your son, I went through something similar with my son a couple of years ago and it really bought me down...he too is much more settled now but I have to keep an eye on him, as you say, you never stop worrying about them!

Good to hear you are doing better on the 75mg....I hope it continues in a positive way for you. Good luck :hugs:

I am feeling much better since increasing to 75mg a day, keeping my fingers crossed!

Hope everyone else is doing ok...Nicola, I am really cold too, have been since starting the Ven :bighug1: Kitti x

Pipkin
21-09-12, 12:54
Yes Coni - I suddenly thought that people might think that was a sensible thing to do and that I was advocating it. But I'm not! I think I was much more impulsive back then whereas now I'm more considered and think things through more carefully.

I hope you soon stabilise back on 75, I'm sure you will.

Pip x

Pipkin
21-09-12, 20:26
Evening all,

The weekend's here and I hope you're all ok. It feels like it's been a very long week for me and I'm exhausted. I fell asleep when I got in from work and have just woken up feeling a bit dopey.

My increase is going fine - tbh, I've hardly felt any SEs at all. I've maybe been a little bit more anxious but I was feeling that anyway hence the increase. I decided to use up my packet of 75mg caps so I'm taking 2 in the morning instead of one, then I'll move onto the 150s.

Gav - you said that you've noticed a tingling head feeling. I have been getting that now and then. It's very odd and feels like my hair's standing up like it feels when you're a bit creeped out or scared. I think it's actually quite funny!

Off to get some dinner and I'll be back later.

Take care

Pip xxx

spawn
21-09-12, 20:52
Gav - you said that you've noticed a tingling head feeling. I have been getting that now and then. It's very odd and feels like my hair's standing up like it feels when you're a bit creeped out or scared. I think it's actually quite funny!

Pip xxx

Yesh Pip thats it! Its really weird, and funny! :)
My teeth are killing still aswell, i think my other SE's have eased for a while :yesyes: and im not in such a crappy mood either!

pinkdove
22-09-12, 13:10
quiet on here today folks, hope its because you all have this lovely weather, and are making the most of it.

well im not too bad this morning, nothing much planned for today, might just chill in the garden with a book, while the weathers nice.

hope you are all ok this sunny saturday xxx

spawn
22-09-12, 14:15
Its sunny but quite cold here! Just come back from town.

clio51
22-09-12, 15:33
same here too, but I havn't been out today bit out of sorts.

kittikat
22-09-12, 15:35
Feeling quite relaxed and chilled here, very cold though. I have been able to read again today now my concentration seems to be coming back a bit, less ruminating. Still need to work on the motivation a bit though, I'm sure it will come....otherwise all good and feeling positive :)

Hope everyone else is doing well :hugs: xx

karenp
22-09-12, 15:48
Awwww, so glad to hear you are all starting to feel better (: I had heaps of SE's yesterday with my first pill so wimped out of taking it today. I really don't know what to do now as I've felt absolutley terrible today, I rang the crisis team up at my local hospital who I am still under for another couple of weeks and they're sending some one tomorrow for a chat but I honeslty felt like I'd taken Citalopram. Me and AD's don't get on very well at all so I might just carry on coming off Mirtazapine (which is absolutley horrible to withdraw from, I never felt a thing coming off Citalopram last July) and I am now thinking of going AD free and see if I happen to come ok by myself and if not, then I'll have to re-try Ven then! (cluck, cluck, cluck!!! ha ha)

kittikat
22-09-12, 15:57
Sorry to hear that Karen, good that you have someone from the crisis team coming to see you tomorrow. Maybe some of the SE's were due to the Mirt withdrawal? How is that going, what dose are you on now? Maybe it was too soon to start the Ven?

I hope you are feeling better today :hugs: Kitti xx

Pipkin
22-09-12, 16:29
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all ok. I've been out with the other half and doggy for training class (for the dog not my partner!) and then a long walk. Nice and sunny here but quite cold. I think it might be time to put the heating on soon :unsure:

Karen - sorry you found it so difficult. ADs just don't suit everyone though it can take a long time for them to work. I know that it can be unbearable to get through the first few weeks so don't be too hard on yourself. There's always an answer but it can be hard for some people to find it but you will.

Pink - I hope you had a good afternoon chilling in the garden. What are you reading at the minute? I'm hooked on whodunnits but I seem to be sleeping so well that it's taking me ages to finish each book as I keep falling asleep. I'm definitely not complaining though!

Kitti - what a star! You're doing so well. I think you know you've got the right treatment now and I can see how much more positive you are about yourself. I'm so pleased for you.

Take care and I might see some of you at the quiz later.

Pip xxx

Coni
22-09-12, 18:04
Hi everyone,

Lovely day here too but very cold now (not that I've actually set foot outside lol).

Have had a rough couple of days again. Physically feel better but my emotions are all over the place. Ended up in tears again over some family stuff that's been rumbling on for a few weeks (worries about grown up son). I really havent been over emotional at all for months so this is hard to take. And woke very early this morning with the old knot in my stomach and feeling very restless and agitated.

I dont know whether its as a result of stuff thats been happening or because of my reduction in dose to 75mg...I'm tending to think its the dose reduction.

Pip - my heatings already on lol! am such a wimp!

Pink -I love reading too but sometimes I find it hard to focus. I read the hunger games trilogy recently which I loved and I didn't expect to. I dont like anything too grim though.

Kitti its very heartening to hear you're doing so well, obviosuly its working for you now.

Karen, sorry to hear you felt so awful. Im thinking it must be tough withdrawing from one and starting another at the same time, no wonder you felt rough. Hopefully things will improve soon.

Clio sorry to hear you're feeling out of sorts today....hope you have a better evening?

And Pip, I had forgotten there was a quiz....it used to be very busy if I remember?

Take care everyone....have a good saturday night (its x factor and jonathon ross for me...exciting or what lol)!

xxx

miraiiro
22-09-12, 18:48
It's X Factor and Johnathon Ross for me too, Coni. What thrilling lives we lead, eh?

Well done to everyone who's been feeling a little bit better lately! And I hope things get better for those who haven't been doing so well. I've been having a bad week unfortunately, with lots of crying, low mood and increased anxiety. I even cried for about two hours this afternoon before getting fed up of feeling crappy and going out for a walk in the park. I'll have been on Venlafaxine for a month next Tuesday and still haven't seen any improvement. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated to be honest. I just wish I could be as positive and accepting of my circumstances as people like Kitt. :weep:

spawn
22-09-12, 19:16
Miraiiro sorry your not feeling to good, what dose are you on? 75mg?
I think around 4 weeks is the earliest your see an improvement, maybe give it another 2 weeks and speak to your doctor.

Try not get to frustrated, i know its hard because i was the same!
Gav.

nicola1980
22-09-12, 19:24
Hi guys, well not a great day for me had the damn anxiety lurking in the background all afternoon :mad: have done my best to ignore it and managed to go out for a meal with all my family, didn't feel too good when i woke up this morning so hoping im not coming down with something, its bloody exhausting tho this anxiety lark....im ready for bed already!!! xx

pinkdove
22-09-12, 19:48
nicola sorry you're not feeling great tday i have some off days too, but usually bounce back again, just a blip xx

yes i have taken to reading again, could not concentrate before, but enjoying it again now i have just finished the trilogy about a certain mr grey :blush: which i was hooked on, now in contrast reding an old cookson book the house of women.

so any suggestions for some good papetbcks to read. nothing to heavy cheers

kittikat
22-09-12, 19:59
Mira & Nicola, sorry to hear you are not so good today, sending you both big hugs :bighug1:xx
Pink, I think the reduction is probably having an effect on you, but I empathise with the family issue...still having to keep an eye on my son...it does set me off sometimes. I have just started reading again now my concentration has come back a bit, also on the last of the Mr Grey trilogy....trouble is once I pick it up I can't put it down haha!! I think I'll be finished it by the end of tomorrow and then I'll have withdrawal symptoms....I do have another book to read about the paranormal, that should be interesting :shrug:

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend xxx :hugs: xxx

Pipkin
22-09-12, 20:20
Nic - you'll soon be back on form. There's no reason to think it's anything to worry about. You could be coming down with something as that always knocks me off course too.

Pink and Kitti - a couple of saucy minxes in our midst! Maybe Pink could write the new international best seller '50 shades of Pink' about a call centre worker from Rothwell... I'll leave the rest of the plot to you :winks:

Pip xxx

pinkdove
22-09-12, 22:30
hi kittie when i finished the trilogy, i was gutted, havent read that much on years, but you can get into your book on the paranormal.....sounds interesting xx

no pip, i think it would be better if you started to write about 50 shades of pip.......featuring freddie lol being a saucy minx has been a welcome change from feeling nothing :blush: you sound good pip, a real inspiration for those who are increasing, take care xx

well off to bed soon, and if its dry tomorrow off to the car boot sale for some bargains......night night all xxxxx

Pipkin
22-09-12, 22:34
Night Pink - car boot for me too if its dry tomorrow.

Take care

Pip xxx

william wallace
23-09-12, 08:15
Morning folks, and a fine morning it is too here in Angus, Scotland. We have wall to wall sunshine and a light layer of frost. By 10am it's going to be scorchio.
Took this pic of Holly last night, she has a cold, still gorgeous even with a river of snot running out of her wee nose:D

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/551958_4515955865324_600793761_n.jpg

nicola1980
23-09-12, 08:56
Mr W she is soooooo adorable :D xx

Coni
23-09-12, 09:09
Morning everyone,

Lovely day here too William Wallace, very crisp and sunny outside.....I love days like this, especially when the leaves on the trees are starting to turn golden.

Feeling very drunk and dopey this morning. I forgot to take my pregabalin yesterday. Normally take 3 doses....50mg in the morning, 100mg at lunchtime and 100mg in the evening. But I only remembered the morning dose and forgot about the rest till 9pm last night and then took 200mg at once (which is what I did when I started on it). So am really paying the price this morning and remembering why I started dividing into 3 doses instead of 2 lol!

Had a horrible few days and woke really early this morning. Am feeling very antisocial and there are lots of family grumblings going on so I have switched the phone off and turned my mobile to silent.....is that very bad of me? Every time the phone rang yesterday I was scared it was going to be something horrible.....I actually ignored it once but it turned out to be my mother in law looking for a chat:blush:.

It would be lovely to go for a walk this morning as its so nice but don't know if I can make myself actually get out the door. If I had a dog who actually liked walking maybe that would motivate me, but my poor wee dog hates it, he hides when he hears the word walk....he's so lazy he's happy just to potter about in the garden. To be fair he is getting on a bit now lol!

Pink I have read two of the grey books (on my kindle lol) but didnt bother with the third. Am reading the new Marian Keyes book just now but am finding it a bit of a chore to be honest which is a shame because I have loved all her other books. Think it may be down to my concentration though rather than the book.

Heres to a nice Sunday for everyone :hugs:

X

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

Nicola, meant to say well done on going out for the meal, especially when you werent feeling great. Social occasions are what I still find hardest to deal with, so good for you!

Hope you are feeling a bit better this morning?:hugs:

X

Sober2000june
23-09-12, 10:28
Morning all,

Still plodding along.

Coni is it te cake book? I was thinking of it but being an alchy cake no good for me as like most alcoholics it is the simple carbs we are addicted to. Just a point to anyone who is eating a sh!t load of sweets, cake, pasta, crisps, white bread and generally loads of processed food especially at night see ifyou feel like hung over in morning? if so its the sugar!

clio51
23-09-12, 10:43
pinkdove.... in the past I have read some modern author's for you to give a go I really enjoyed them they are...
susan lewis
freya north
give them a try, don't think you will be disappointed.

Gav... not a good nite for me either went to bed 12am was awake again 2.15, thank god I managed to drift off again!! woke again 7.30 was no way getting up just drifted in and out prob should of got up really.
not raining here yet in Manchester!! no doubt it will soon!

Hope everyone as a good day/better day xx

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

pinkdove.... in the past I have read some modern author's for you to give a go I really enjoyed them they are...
susan lewis
freya north
give them a try, don't think you will be disappointed.

Gav... not a good nite for me either went to bed 12am was awake again 2.15, thank god I managed to drift off again!! woke again 7.30 was no way getting up just drifted in and out prob should of got up really. still feel a bit flat/down this morning but morning are bad for me to get motivated wish I could just get going
any tips?
not raining here yet in Manchester!! no doubt it will soon!

Hope everyone as a good day/better day xx
messed this up lol

Coni
23-09-12, 11:16
Hi sober,

I have the cake book, its very good. 'Saved by cake' I think its called. There's a whole big section at the beginning about Marian's story and her depression. She puts it across very well and describes almost exactly how I have felt in the past. It is written with a good dose of humour too (I love her irish humour lol). And the recipes are great. I wont be doing much baking for a while though cos if I make it I eat it :noangel: and am trying to lose some weight.

The one Im reading just now is her new one called 'The Mystery of Mercy Close'.

Clio I've read a few Susan Lewis too.....they're very good. I have my eye on Dorothy Koomson next. Her books are worth a read.

X

pinkdove
23-09-12, 15:12
sorry some of you are still strugling, takes time and effort, but i feel most of your posts sound a bit more positive, thanks for the book suggestions, i will give them a go, really enjoying reading at the moment, and thats a plus because i couldnt concentrate or even watch telly when i was first ill, no i find it so relaxing and time consuming.

mr w love the pic of wee holly, even with the runny nose, a wee doll xx

pip been to car boot not a bad time 12-4pm, so not too early its at otley o not too far either, my bargain of the day was a melody motions golf figure, it whistles blue skies, retails for over £100, i paid 70p :D and i love it, sometimes you just get a real bargain, so all in all worth going today,
how are you with the increase ? hope you are ok xx

hope you are all doing well this sunday xxxx

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

coni read the third book its really good , i have thought about marian keyes, bought 3 paperbaks today, so enough to keep me occupied for a wee while xxx

clio51
23-09-12, 19:25
coni.... thanks for the suggestion on the author will look out for her. xx
you seem to be doing very well.:)

nicola1980
23-09-12, 19:27
Hi guys.......well one word for today AWFUL after weeks of feeling better today ive crashed :ohmy: have felt panicky and anxious all afternoon.......i just don't understand it?? xx

clio51
23-09-12, 19:41
sending you some flowers Nic:flowers:
dont be to hard on yourself and try to say something like well at least iv'e had a few good weeks(well something like that) and try not to think how hard today was for you. take care luv xx

nicola1980
23-09-12, 19:46
Thanks clio :hugs: xx

Pipkin
23-09-12, 20:04
Hi all,

I've felt great today - no morning jitters which is the first time for ages. The increase seems to be fine - I'm really surprised that I haven't had more side effects yet. Tomorrow's day 4 at 150mg and that's when the blood levels peak so hopefully I'll be ok. Been out for a walk and met lots of dogs for Freddie to play with and have just chilled (literally as we'll as relaxed) this afternoon.

Nic - you are going to be ok. Don't worry that things are going backwards - remember that we all have good and bad days and we just have to accept them and try our best to carry on. I'm sending you a big :hugs:

Pink - sounds like you got a real bargain today. Our cat boot is a crack of dawn job and I just didn't get up early enough to go. I love getting a bargain though. Always cheers me up. Do you have a dentist appointment this week? I need to know so that I can send the vibes your way again.

Time to go and get my work stuff ready for tomorrow before I catch up on a bit of telly.

Take care

Pip xxx

TJSMITH
23-09-12, 20:15
Just checking in.

Nic sending :hugs: hope it passes soon and im sure it will. You tired or bored as i find im worse with either of those.

Im getting better at this distraction lark but that probably meds working better who knows. Im currently filling in job applications for school :blush: have the nvq level 3 but now thinking need to do my gcse English again to get a better chance so frustrating.

I see some of you talking about a certain Mr grey, i read all 3 ages ago lol. my mum ordered the 2nd from Amazon for me it was her way of helping my distract myself lol....

Joy sending you :hugs:too hun incase you read this as know you having an awful time.

Hope everyone else is ok and Mr W Holly Gorgeous as ever even with the classic snotty nose lol

pinkdove
23-09-12, 22:32
tracey so glad you are feeling a bit better, you really deserve it, good luck wit the job applications, thats a big step forward for you well done xx

nicola i sometimes have the odd few days when i feel a bit down and anxious, and i think like you i am going back the way, but i try to think how far ive come, and push through it, accepting its just an off day, and things usually pick up again, hope you feel better soon xx

pip yep its tuesday at 9am, so vives would be appreciated as always, sounds like you've had a good day, so pleased, and maybe the 150mg will be the boost you need, i think you'll be ok with the increase now, your body is used to the ven, and you are keeping busy and occupied, which is the best thing to do, take care speak soon xxx

slowfish
24-09-12, 09:24
hi all

sorry to hear you've been feeling pants the last few days nicola - I'm sure its just a blip and it will pass soon.

I felt very low at the end of last week too after a week or two of feeling a bit better. Last Wednesday I forgot to take my tablet at 8am and didn't take it til about 5pm so I've put it down to that. I think I really need to start making sure I take tablet at the exact time each day!

Feel really really drowsy this morning and not very "with it" - had a lot of sleep last night though - maybe too much? Woke at 5am but went back to sleep. Probably should have got up.

Hope everyone else feeling better today x

pinkdove
24-09-12, 10:55
slowfish im pleased you are feeling a bit better, and its probably due to you being late with your dose that you felt a bit off it, why not set the alarm on your mobile to remind you to take your meds, although forgetting to take it is a good sign, you were obviously not so absorbed in your meds.

i also remember when you were finding it really hard to sleep, and that seems to have sorted itself out too, funny i woke up at 5am this morning, must have had a power cut thru the night, and the clock was flashing, so got up it was 5am, had a fag and went back to bed tii 8 am.

hows everyone else this dull rainy drab day xxxxx

kittikat
24-09-12, 12:28
Dull, drab and raining heavy here too....but I am doing ok, had the shakes and a bit of anxiety this morning but it passed fairly quickly. I am feeling quite good now.

Pink...I have withdrawal symptoms, finished the Grey trilogy last night, I'll have to start on the paranormal book now, not quite the same but it will keep my mind occupied.....

Gav, I know you had a rough start and took a diazepam, hope you feel better soon xx

Karen, sorry to hear you are having a rough time too, thinking of you hun :hugs:

Nicola, I hope you are feeling better today :hugs:

Pip, Clio & Mira, hope you are ok :hugs: sorry if I have forgotten anyone....

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx Big hugs to all :bighug1:

nicola1980
24-09-12, 14:29
Hi all, well after getting up this morning and then being violently sick in the sink :blush: i decided to go to the docs and it turns out ive got a water infection which he suspects had now gone to my kidneys :weep: he siad that would be why id felt so bad over the weekend which i was relived about as i was convinced i was going backwards :ohmy: it wasn't my usual doc but it happened to be one that specialised in mental health and all i kept saying was 'so im not going back and this is why ive felt so rotten' lol and he was very reassuring and said in old people water infections can send them doo lally and really effect mental health so on really strong antibiotics and feeling very sorry for myself :weep: xxxxxxxxxx

slowfish
24-09-12, 14:37
Glad you've found out what it was nicola - hope you feel much better soon x

pinkdove
24-09-12, 15:31
well i have just had to cancell my dental appointment for tomorrow, feeling really poorly and tired, think i might have a virus, or the flu, just lay on the sofa this afternoon feeling sorry for myself

nicola another water infection, poor you, but at least that will get sorted with your antibiotics , and you;re not going back the way, the doctor sounded very reassuring, i dont know what i have got, but i feel tired, body aches, and like you i thought oh lease no,but im sure its some kind of bug, hope you feel better soon xx

kitttie i was the same when i finished the trilogy, thought what can i read now lol, hope you enjoy your new books, they sound very interesting, glad you are beginning to feel a bit better xx

pip no need for the vibes tomorrow, i think it will be a few days on the sofa for me xx

Pipkin
24-09-12, 18:58
Hi all,

Stupidly went for a walk as I've decided that Freddie is no fair weather hound. I managed to get us both soaked so I'm now home, freezing cold and dripping. Freddie doesn't seem to mind though.

Nic - at least you know what's been causing the problem and you'll get it sorted now. We all assume we're having a relapse every time we feel ill but I guess that's part of the illness. Take it easy for a few days and you'll soon be back on form. Were you sick after you took your ven or before? Worth thinking about if you were sick shortly after as you might not have absorbed it properly.

Pink - sorry you're not feeling great. There's definitely something going around here and it might have spread across the M62! At least I can give my vibes a rest and save them up for next time. By then they could be overpowering! I know you'll be fine again soon - you're never down for long. Maybe it's 50 shades of grey withdrawal symptoms? Quick, start reading them again. Doctor's orders!

I've been ok today. Monday's are always my worst day and I did feel very odd around lunchtime. Really nauseous and dizzy but I'm bouncing back. This is my day 4 on 150mg so should be as bad as it gets and tbh, I've hardly noticed any bad effects at all and I'm feeling much calmer. I just need the morning physical anxiety symptoms to catch up.

Take care and keep dry

Pip xxx

spawn
24-09-12, 19:07
Hey pip, im on day 5 of my increase to 150mg, and i to have had very little SE's im quite surprised!
Any SE's i have had started to ease yesterday (day 4), so im hoping im over the worst now, and i had a pretty good day today.
Gav.

nicola1980
24-09-12, 19:10
Hi Pip i was sick before i took the ven fortunatly as i was worried about what id do if i was sick after id taken it!! sounds like your doing well on the increase :yesyes: xx

Pipkin
24-09-12, 19:23
Nic - that was a good move. The last thing you needed was ven withdrawal on top of a water infection. I particularly like the doctor's description of it sending old people doolally. I've often felt like that myself :wacko:

Gav - good news that you're doing so well. I don't know what I expected because I've been on ven for months. I decided to increase incrementally just in case but it's been fine. I'm still taking 2 75s a day at the minute until I've used my current packet up and then it's onto the 150 caps. I've still got a couple of packets of 75s in case I need them, and a virtually full packet of 37.5 tabs. My cupboard is probably better stocked than my local pharmacy!

Pip x

spawn
24-09-12, 19:36
Gav - good news that you're doing so well. I don't know what I expected because I've been on ven for months. I decided to increase incrementally just in case but it's been fine. I'm still taking 2 75s a day at the minute until I've used my current packet up and then it's onto the 150 caps. I've still got a couple of packets of 75s in case I need them, and a virtually full packet of 37.5 tabs. My cupboard is probably better stocked than my local pharmacy!

Pip x

yep ive got loads of 37.5 and 75xl spare, i said to my doctor shall i use them up, she said nah il just give you the 150 caps..
Think ive got to full boxes of diazepam aswell ( i got off my old doc).. she offered me some more and i said..mmm i think im alright for the moment..lol

Im using a pre-payment card so il get the cupboard stocked up before it runs out :yesyes:

miraiiro
24-09-12, 20:32
Nicola - I'm glad you managed to find out what was wrong with you. That water infection sounds very nasty. I hope you get better soon!

Pink - Sending get well vibes to you too! It's that time of year when colds, flu and other lovely viruses start spreading like wildfire. Take care of yourself!

I hope everyone else is doing well. I've been having a horrible few days where my mood has been really low again. It was even worse this morning, but fortunately I was able to go out and be with people for a while. I'm sick of feeling rubbish and crying all the time. It's officially been one month now since I started taking Venlafaxine, and I honestly don't feel any better depression or anxiety wise. I'm going to ask my GP if I can get an increase in dose, since I won't be seeing my psychiatrist for another month yet, but I'm honestly starting to wonder if this medication will ever work.

Sorry to be such a misery guts! It seems like all I do is whine. Thanks for putting up with me, guys. :blush:

pinkdove
24-09-12, 21:06
mira it will work hunni, it is still early days, but if its been a month i would speak to your gp about an increase, that might just be what you need, but dont wait another month your gp will advise you, it is really hard to begin with and you do feel they are not helping, but the changes are so graduall that we hardly notce them, in fact its other people who usually comment that we look/sound better

be kind to yourself, you are getting there, we have all felt like you do now, and we are all here for you. take care :hugs:

joy
25-09-12, 09:09
hi all

been having it tough last few days saw shrink last night and we are going to try Prozac as I've honestly tried everything else. Starting on half dose hopefully to lessen side effects. i asked for ven as you are all on it but as I've tried it before he wanted to try something I actually havent had.still will stay on this site as well as the prozac site. Anyone got any good reports about prozac.

love joy

pinkdove
25-09-12, 10:26
morning joy, you have had it tough, im glad you are trying something new, and hopefully this will be the one to help you, we are all different, and i have read some good reports on prozac, we are all here to help and support you, and starting on a lower dose should ease you in gently, good luck joy i really hope this helps you, you so deserve it xx

another rainy dull drab day here, after cancelling my appointment yesterday, i seem to feel a wee bit better today, sore throat, and tired, so feeling a bit guilty about that, need to go out and pick up prescription later, so that will motivate me, apart from that, another day lounging on the sofa.

hows everyone else this morning ????

karenp
25-09-12, 10:35
I only tried it for a day Joy once but was too scared of it being just like Citalopram so bottled it. I'm under a MH team at my hospital now and get home based treatment, so this chappie who came the other day did say loads of people swear by Prozac but I don't think it's an easy one to start up on unless you aren't sensitive to AD SE's. All the very best of luck getting well Joy xx
Mira so sorry you're not feeling any better on Ven so far. That's pretty much how I felt on Mirtazapine about 3 weeks after starting it, maybe you do just need the increase but if you're still no feeling any better at full doseage don't do what I've done and stay on something 7 months that ends up making you much worse. I'm finally tapering off Mirtazapine and supposed to be starting Ven if I don't feel myself after I've got Mirt completley out of my system.
I'm actually ok today after thinking I was dying yesterday but only because I've had extra Diazepam I think. I'm sure I've not got over WD that quick and still need to get off the other half of pill yet and yikes then totally off it but at least I will be free from Mirtazapine at long last and find out just what a bag of nerves little old me really is or if it was the evil Mirtazapine that didn't agree with me one bit! If I'm still an anxious wreck I shall be taking them Ven pills I have in my potions tin! :ohmy:

nicola1980
25-09-12, 10:47
Hi all, good luck with the prozac joy, as ive said ive 2 friends that swear by it and didn't get any side effects!! well im still feeling pants, this kidney infecton has knocked me off my feet good and proper, i felt that ill this morning i had to phone hubby to come home early off his night shift to take jack to school and bless him he was home within 10 mins (good job he only works across the road!!) so he made me go back to bed as id been up since 4 with a high temp etc, doc said i should feel better after 48 hours on the antibiotics so hopefully ill feel alot better tomo,? Pink glad your feeling a bit better :-) Karen i too have a potion tin lol, i have alsorts in my med cupboard!!! xx

Sober2000june
25-09-12, 11:38
Hi all,

Pink, the weather in Glasgow is dreich!

Joy, I feel in a similar boat to you; been on 4 meds and now Venla 6 months and just feel dead inside. Daily headaches, agitation, 30lb weight gain in 3 months and now that the 225 seems to be bedding in (10wks on thur) sleep disturbances again. Spoke to works doc 2 weeks and she recommends I see a Psych NOW. She is trying to get work to pay for one private to speed things up (not holding my breath. Also trying to get my GP to sort one out but i kind of have reserved my self to this is how I am supposed to feel. TBH I managed the last 18 yrs by just ignoring it but since I’ve been on the meds it’s been so hard (especially as I am reminded by the fact every morning when I take my meds. Honestly I believe I am trying so hard but must be doing or something wrong or not doing something right.

Something needs to change because this sucks big time.:weep:

Must be getting worse as i can hardly be @rsed posting on here these days.
Most mornings i am temted to not take my meds to see how i feel

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Slowfish just noticed your comment about taking meds later. I end up being an hr and half later on weekends i.e 9.30 as opposed to 8am when at work. maybe i need to just accept that 1.5hr lie in is a luxury i cant aford:shrug:

pinkdove
25-09-12, 11:49
nicola :hugs: take it easy today, and maybe tomorrow you will feel a bit better, what a great guy you have there, i know that it really helps when our hubbys understand and are helpfull, take care hunni xxxx

paul you are not doing anything wrong, you know how great you are doing just working, this is a real battle we are all fighting, and i really believe we are all strong to be able to fight it.

i think ou really should be able to get some real help, and soon, as the gp's try their best, but are not really specialised like a psc would be for you, please dont just stop the ven, especially at the dose your on, and remember you have fought and won 2 battles the drink and the diazapam, and you will win this one too, really hope you get some help soon xx

karen glad you are feeling a bit better today, one day at a time, and we will all get there take care xxx

Sober2000june
25-09-12, 12:35
Thanks Pink really needed that as my head is up its anus. Just hope this time i dont get one who wants me to hate my granny cus she never pushed my high enough on the swings, and one who actually discusses the meds.

slowfish
25-09-12, 12:52
Hi all, sorry to hear some of you aren't feeling too great. Me neither :-( Sat at work and feeling incredibly drowsy, negative and irritable - starting to think ven is not going to work for me. Like Paul I've had about 10 weeks on 225mg - just wondering whether this is too high a dose? I don't know. Grrrr.

pinkdove
25-09-12, 13:07
paul at least you havent lost your sense of humour lol, we're all here for you, and when you do get an appointment, tell him/her you want to get on the correct meds, and leave you granny out of it :D

slowfish, have you spoke to your gp again yet ?? dont lose heart, you will get there, have a word and see what they suggest, take care and hope you feel better soon xx

slowfish
25-09-12, 13:59
Hi Pink - last time I spoke to GP I was actually feeling a bit better so we agreed to stick with 225mg. Over the last week though I just seem to have had a real blip again - its hard to tell whether the symptoms are depression or side effects :-(

pinkdove
25-09-12, 14:55
i know what you mean slowfish, last week i felt very low in mood , and like you thought is it the meds so was going to reduce, i feel better now, and i agree its hard to tell i think we all tend to blame the meds, but we must remember that even people who dont have depression or anxiety have off days, hopefuuly just a blip for you too, hope so xx

nicola1980
25-09-12, 15:24
well guys i feel shocking :ohmy: can't keep my eyes open and my anxiety is soaring am tryiing to resist the diazepam as i know its the illness causing it but i feel awful :weep: xx

clio51
25-09-12, 15:49
take the diazepam Nic, if you had headache you would take paracetamol to make it go so why put up with it,

pinkdove
25-09-12, 16:14
i agree with clio nicola dont suffer, you know you can do without them when you need too xx

Pipkin
25-09-12, 19:05
Hi all,

Just a quick post as I'm exhausted and need a lie down for an hour. Had a few situations to deal with today and I'm feeling a bit anxious but the ven's stopping it getting anywhere as bad as it used to be. I can feel a sort of brain numbing effect which some people might not like but it's a blessed relief when the anxiety tries to soar.

I'm still ok on the increase - just a bit nauseous especially after I yawn, which I'm doing a lot as I'm tired. Nothing to worry about though as I can handle it. A week or so and I'm confident I'll be fully settled down.

Sorry some of you aren't feeling great - I can sympathise and am sending you all :hugs:

Pip xxx

Sober2000june
25-09-12, 19:53
Hope your SE settle soon Pip. I still get the yawning nausea gig. The increasing sore heads are starting to be a bit of a concern:wacko:

Sober2000june
26-09-12, 09:33
any better today Nicola?

nicola1980
26-09-12, 11:10
Hi all, Paul im loads better today thanks, i think the antibiotics have kicked iin now thank goodness, still not 100% but then i never was before i was ill lol!!! how are you feeling Paul? any better, i know how much your struggling at the min and i really hope you get the help you so deserve and need soon :hugs: in the meantime we're all here for you and we'll all help you :hugs: hows everyone else today? xx

joy
26-09-12, 11:16
Paul

when are you seeing a shrink have you a date yet?
Nicola
Glad you are feeling better

Took my first dose of prozac yesterday and it tastes horrible, sitting here waiting for side effects like you do when starting a new med.

joy

kittikat
26-09-12, 11:32
Good luck with the prozac Joy xx :hugs:

TJSMITH
26-09-12, 11:44
Hi all
Thought drop in between working, kids etc...
Well on the whole I'm doing well finally still feel the anxiety there on occasion waiting to pounce but hoping will fade with time.
I slept 14 hours last night omg.... Been working a lot though and when not I'm helping in my kids school so don't know of that's the reason I also improving.

Joy good luck with the Prozac my little sis on them and doing well and believe me she was bad as sectioned twice although she not had it easy by far so understand it on her case she only twenty bless her (half sister)

Nicola pleased you feeling better

Hope everyone else ok, I best get ready for another day at work xxx

slowfish
26-09-12, 12:25
Glad you're feeling better Nicola :-)

Not great myself - another night of tossing & turning and woke up feeling really tired with a pounding headache. I know I need to start doing relaxation techniques before bed and just generally write stuff down more to get it all out.

nicola1980
26-09-12, 12:33
Hi slowfish. do you think you could be on a too higher dose?? how did you feel on the 150mg?? xx

Pipkin
26-09-12, 12:47
Hi everyone,

Managed to get a lunch break today so I thought I'd check in. Feeling much better today - much less nauseous and I was hardly anxious at all this morning. I've got to say that the transition to 150mg has been pretty smooth, just as you said yours was Nicola. Now I'm improving a bit each day so I think the next month should become more and more positive. I've got to go back to the doc's in a couple of months for a check up, including blood tests, to make sure everything's fine at 150mg but I'm usually quite a physically fit specimen so I'm hopeful it should be ok.

How's everyone else today?

Nic - I'm pleased you're feeling better. You'll soon be feeling as good as before. Funny how physical illnesses can trigger our anxiety.

Paul - I hope you're feeling a bit better. You've had a really hard time recently.

Kitti - how are things with you? I hope you're still feeling positive about the increase.

Tracy - sounds promising. You're certainly keeping busy which is always a good plan as long ad you find time to rest.

Slowfish - where are you at with your meds now? It sounds like you're still having a hard time.

Joy - good luck with the Prozac. I hope this works for you as you've also had a really difficult few months and it's about time you saw an improvement. So many people say Prozac's great so this could be the one. If you need support over the next few weeks, you know where we are.

Pink - hope you're feeling better. I'll PM you with more details so that I don't bore everyone on here with doggie talk!

Hi to anyone I've missed.

Pip xxx

kittikat
26-09-12, 12:59
Not great myself - another night of tossing & turning and woke up feeling really tired with a pounding headache.

After 4 days of feeling really good, this is exactly how I have been the past 2 nights...damn, just when you think you are getting somewhere too...I have taken a paracetamol so I am hoping the pounding head will ease off soon :mad:

slowfish
26-09-12, 13:04
Hiya

Yeah maybe I'm on too high a dose Nicola. I was probably much the same as now on 150mg, certainly no better or worse. I was only on 150mg for 6 weeks before moving up to 225mg - which I've been on for nearly 10 weeks. Was initially on 75mg for 4 weeks so been on ven for total of nearly 20 weeks now.

nicola1980
26-09-12, 13:18
Kitti hang in there hun your doing great and i hope your headache eases soon :hugs: x x

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

Slowfish id have a word with your doc as realistically you should be feeling alot better by now x x

spawn
26-09-12, 13:36
I was talking to my doctor about doses of Ven, and she said she doesnt very often go above 150mg, in extreme cases 225mg.
But it seems more effective at 150mg.
But i suppose every doctor is different etc

slowfish
26-09-12, 14:54
I think I read somewhere that 150mg is usually the dose for anxiety and 225mg and higher for depression. I'm primarily being treated for depression.

Having said that, if I feel no better on the higher dose I might as well reduce and see how I am on 150mg. If I reduce would it be sensible to do alternate days of 225mg and 150mg for the first week or two?

Thanks everyone x

nicola1980
26-09-12, 15:09
I think your right slowfish, my shrink said 150mg is the dose for panic/anxiety disorders and higher for depression, not sure the best way to reduce tho so id prob ask your gp xx

miraiiro
26-09-12, 20:12
Thank you very much for the kind words and reassurance, Pink and Karen. I'm just getting really fed up of crying and feeling miserable all the time. On the plus side, my anxiety does seem to be decreasing a bit. It's still there unfortunately, but it seems to be getting easier to deal with. Now I just need to do something about the low mood!

Today started off the same as usual, with me being tearful and really down. I didn't want to leave the house (while also not wanting to be there on my own with nothing to do, argh), but I managed to drag myself out to my volunteer job where I thankfully managed to perk up quite a bit. It always helps to have something of a purpose.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, Nicola, and I hope everyone else is doing okay! :yesyes:

william wallace
27-09-12, 08:53
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/m1llsyno1/image020.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 ----------

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/m1llsyno1/image018.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 ----------

And finally
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/m1llsyno1/image021.jpg

pinkdove
27-09-12, 11:42
mr w please send me a pack of those pills, really how i feel just now, hope you are ok xx

mira i found that the low mood was the longest to get under control, but you did so well to go to your voluntary job, what do you do ? thinking of doind some voluntary work myself, your so right distraction is the way forward, and i hate spending too much time on my own too, you will get there hunni, just one day at time xxx

hows everyone else today ???

spawn
27-09-12, 12:31
Im good! i was up dressed, showered and had breakfast by 8.30am.
Got a busy day at work, everyday is getting alittle bit easier at the moment.
So im happy i increased the Ven, looks like its working, feeling alittle more human now :) Lets hope it lasts! 4 weeks til my wedding!! eeekkkkk

kittikat
27-09-12, 12:55
Great news Gav :yesyes:

I am feeling better today, still not sleeping too well, keep waking and having strange dreams, but the headache has passed - thankfully - I just feel a little 'heady' today.

Onwards & forwards! Hope everyone else is doing ok :bighug1: xx

spawn
27-09-12, 13:13
I had nightmares last night! :(
Really im having weird dreams at the moment!
Glad ur feeling good today Kitti :)

nicola1980
27-09-12, 13:15
Hi guys, well been back to the docs today as these antibiotics gave me diarrhea most of yesterday :blush: and obvously being on the slow release ven this isn't good and felt quite anxious and sick this morning so panicked a bit but doc agreed that being on the ven i can't risk diarrhea so hes swapped them. hope everyone else is ok :hugs: xx

kittikat
27-09-12, 13:21
Aww, Nic, sorry you are still not too good :hugs: I hope the new antibiotics help. Take it easy today. Thinking of you xxx

nicola1980
27-09-12, 13:31
Thanks Kitti :hugs: xx

joy
27-09-12, 17:00
3 days into prozac and anxiety not good but if I'm honest dont think its any worse.
Been a charity shop this afternoon which was a bit of a struggle to stick it out but I did it. Shrink would be pleased with me

Hope every one is okish

Joy

karenp
27-09-12, 17:02
Mira and Nicola, so sorry you're both not feeling too great just now. Low mood is horrible even though I only get it now and again as it's anxiety I tend to suffer with but when I have had it it's just as terrible as suffering with panic attacks.
Hopefully you'll go back to being cured again Nicola once your infection clears up.
Hey Hey Gav! So glad you are doing well now though! You'll be perfect by the time you hit Cyprus to make an honest woman out of your other half I'll bet (:
I've still not taken my Ven pills even though the hospital really want me to. I've just had 3 brilliant days though now I've gone down to the lowest dose of Mirtazapine as my anxiety seems to have really calmed down after being a total mess for a couple of days when I first decreased. I really wanted to come right off the Mirtazapine and see how I trully am without any Ad but the hospital is pushing me onto now stopping the Mirt withouth decreasing even further till I'm off it and to go straight onto Ven tomorrow morning. Is that what you did Nicola?

nicola1980
27-09-12, 18:27
Hi Karen, yep thats what i did i went straight from 15mg of mirt to 37.5mg of ven and then gradually increased the dose of the ven to eventually 150mg xx

miraiiro
27-09-12, 19:18
Pink - I've started working in the cafe of my local mental health hospital. It's only three hours a week, and everyone is really nice and understanding. I was terrified at first and I still get insanely anxious when I wake up on the morning of my shift, but once I actually get to work I'm fine. It helps to get out of the house, do something constructive and just be around other people for a while. If you're interested in volunteering, charity shops are always looking for help. Hospitals too, if that's something you'd consider. do-it.org.uk is a good site to check for vacancies in your area and they have volunteering opportunities in pretty much everything.

Karen - Good luck starting the Venlafaxine tomorrow if you decide to go through with it! I hope it suits you much better than Mirtazapine did. I've found it the easiest anti depressant to start up yet, as have other people on this forum, so it'd be great if it turns out to be the same for you too. Let us know how you're getting on, and we're all here to help or listen if you need someone to talk to. :hugs:

Pipkin
27-09-12, 19:20
Hi everyone,

Doing fine here. Had a busy day at work but there's been hardly any sign of the anxiety so I'm feeling very positive. I'm just going to put my feet up for half an hour before I stir myself to make some dinner.

I may have forgotten to tell you chaps about the vivid dreams as I had forgotten about them. Mine came and went quite quickly but there were some that were so weird and real that I had that strange feeling of semi-reality some days. Like most of the SEs, they do get better. At least, that's my experience.

Hope all is well this evening. I'll try and check in later when I'm a bit livelier.

Take care

Pip xxx

pinkdove
27-09-12, 20:41
mira thanks for the info i will check out the site, i need to do something and a morning a week would be good just to get me back into the swing of things, you are doing so well, keep it up, your getting there xx

karen good luck hunni, im sure you'll be fine xx

pip have pm'd you, a bit of a rant.....sorry xx

Pipkin
28-09-12, 12:41
Afternoon all,

I hope everyone's ok today. I'm out for a walk on my lunch break and I think I'm about to get drenched judging by the huge black cloud heading this way..

I'm getting perkier each day with no real side effects anymore - just the usual jaw clenching but I'm used to that by now. Even my extra large pupils have calmed down so I don't look constantly scared anymore. It's a week since my increase and I reckon I would have seen any nasty effects by now so hopefully I've got off pretty lightly.

Very quiet here today - what's everyone up to?

Must dash - rain has started..

Till later

Take care

Pip xxx

spawn
28-09-12, 13:07
Im good! just been to hospital for blood test, and popped into work.
More dreams last nite!!..lol
Feeling quite well again, thats pretty much the whole week ive been ok, and no diazepam either, starting to slowly feel like myself atlast, still alittle lightheaded and got ringing in ears... but i can live with that at the moment, anythings better than that black hole i was in a few months ago!!

Hope everyones on the mend!

Pipkin
28-09-12, 15:37
Gav,

Great that you're doing so well - you've worked really hard and it's well deserved.

I've had a bit of ringing in my ears for years and I downloaded a great iPhone app which plays relaxing sounds which I play at night in bed. I can't hear the ringing at all then. It's free and worth a go if you have a smart phone (I think it's on android too).

Pip

spawn
28-09-12, 16:21
ahhh kool pip, thanks

nicola1980
28-09-12, 18:31
well im well and truly fed up :mad: woke up this morning and was throwing up again, i can honestly say ive never felt so ill, went up to my mums who marched me straight to docs and it looks like the antibiotics ive been given are resistant to my kidney infection so ive got some more and been told to take pain relief to keep my temp down as i felt like i was hallucinating last night it was so high :ohmy: and get plenty of rest so ive spent most of the day either laid on the sofa or in bed :weep: so im feeling very sorry for myself, hope everyone else is better than me!! xx

spawn
28-09-12, 22:49
Sorry ur feeling so bad nicola, hope u get better soon.x

My sisters just moved in down the road from me, so ive been round hers 2nite,
2 glasses of red, 2 of white and and a couple bottles of lager later...opps.
Ive not drank for 3-4months..lol
Hope everyones doing ok.

kittikat
28-09-12, 22:57
Oops Gav....I'm sure you will sleep well tonight :roflmao: hope you don't have a hangover tomorrow lol...Take care x

Nic, so sorry to hear you are still feeling so rough :flowers: get well soon :bighug1:

I have had a really good day today, even challenged myself with a drive outside my comfort zone....and managed it (ok, I took an extra 1mg diaz first lol) but hey, it's progress :yesyes:

Pip, relax and put you feet up, it's the weekend :yahoo:

Hope everyone else is doing well :hugs: Kitti xx

Pipkin
28-09-12, 23:55
Hi all,

Just sat relaxing as per my ven buddies' orders!

Nic - sorry you're feeling so bad. You will pick up but you just need to get over this infection. Keep at it and you'll be much better in a few days, guaranteed! :hugs:

Gav - no harm in a few drinks now and then. Just drink some water before you go to bed so that you don't get dehydrated. I'm pleased you've had a good night.

Kitti - well done, you're doing so well! How long is it since you've felt like this?

Pip xxx

Sober2000june
29-09-12, 11:30
Morning all,

Nicola, sorry you are still toiling. It's truly demoralising when you think you're getting somewhere, then wallop! I can only empathise. I am at the stage of wondering what I should do dose wise or even med wise, my moods range between, apathy, insanity, and agitation. Even my boss mentioned i came across a bit aggressive to one of my colleagues last week. I’m definitely snapping a lot more in the house. Just can’t wait to get a shrink soon. Ironically I’m kind of also dreading getting another shrink in case I get another patronising one.

One thing, on a positive note they can’t say - that I’m not trying to get better, cus I’ve been on meds 55wks now, and doing everything that’s suggested:weep:

Have a good weekend folks,

Living in hope,
Paul

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

p.s. how did your drinking experiment go Gav? oh, and slowfish are you picking up yet?

pinkdove
29-09-12, 11:47
need some help today guys, have had a terrible family row, dont want to go into details, but i have spent most of this morning in tears, funnily enough it has let me know i still have all the normal feelings, so i suppose thats something.

its the first time ive really had to deal with something this upsetting since i have been ill, and im findng it hard, i will settle down soon, but im woried about going back because of it, so sorry about the moan today, but really feeling fed up

so glad some of you are feeling a bit better, thats great news. and gav as pip says there's nothing wrong with a drink now and again, hope your ok this morning, and nicola hope you feel a bit better too xx

spawn
29-09-12, 12:20
I was fine this morning, little heady, but had a couple paracetamol.
I was up, showered and dressed by 8.30!
Had to go to work to do a quote, and then go to the pub to sort out the evenning do for the wedding.

Feeling really good, and everyday is getting better at the moment :)
Just hoping it lasts!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

kittikat
29-09-12, 13:00
Pip, it's been such a long time since I felt like this I can hardly remember....I did have a couple of good days when I first increased to 75, but I can honestly say I am really feeling some benefit now. Also no anxiety at all this morning!! First time in ages....lets hope I continue in the right direction.

Pink- sorry to hear about your family situation, I'm sure it will pass and you will feel better soon :hugs: :flowers:

Nic, I hope you are feeling better today :hugs:

Gav, well done, things are definitely on the up for you, great news :yesyes:

Hope everyone else is feeling ok :bighug1: xx

joy
29-09-12, 13:07
started prozac 5 days ago i feel like hell. shrink says it takes 10 to 14 days for the increased anxiety to wear down. dont feel i'll make it at the mo

love to everyone

joy

kittikat
29-09-12, 13:15
Aww big hugs Joy, hang in there :bighug1: thinking of you. Take care :flowers: xx

Sober2000june
29-09-12, 14:11
sorry about your upset Pink. Things will work out :hugs:

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

keep posting Joy:hugs:

nicola1980
29-09-12, 14:17
Sending you hugs Pink :hugs: every family have their rows :hugs: things will work out :hugs: x x

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

Joy hang in there :hugs: x x

karenp
29-09-12, 14:39
So sorry to hear about your increased anxiety Joy, I totally feel for you as I always suffer bad myself on SSRI's, I stuck Prozac a day that's all even though I was on Citalopram 3 times and managed to get through the horrendous panicky start up! This time around I've been on Mirtazapine but it's made me miles more poorly so have just been given Venlafaxine. Hope your start up SE's soon pass, they do say Prozac is a really great Ad don't they if you can stick it out.
Hope every one else is ok! I had a bit of a rough start today, depression not anxiety but feel great now. I've been at my new flat all mornign though putting up pictures and stuff like that, oh and I managed to break the end of a curtain pole, ha ha!! I need some super glue!

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Pink so sorry to hear about your family probs too ((((HUGS)))) Hope you are feelign heaps better now about everything x

Nicola, how are you darl? Better I hope xx

Kitti and Gav-wow so glad you are feeling so much better, how many weeks is it now Gav till the big day? 3????

...and I hope every one else is good. I was supposed to just stop my Mirtazapine on Friday but haven't dared to so far after having such bad WD from it last weekend so I've chopped it in half again to come off really slow. I was also asked to start Venlafaxine but though the doctor has said it really is up to me at the end of the day but his advice is to try it out, I just want to know if it was the Mirt that's just totally not agreed with me and once it's out of my system I could be totally fine or if my divorce still has something to do with why I wake up anxious still, even though today has been really good despite feeling very low first thing. Hormones time ladies! ha ha! :D

nicola1980
29-09-12, 15:34
Hi Karen you sound really perky today :yesyes: good luck in your new flat, a fresh start may be all you need :hugs: im feeling a bit better today but this damn infection has knocked me right off my feet and now ive got a huge coldsore on my lip.....atttractive :mad: xx

Pipkin
29-09-12, 16:20
Hi all,

Just got in from my usual Saturday walk - it's cold and windy but good walking weather. I'm feeling fine today, just a bit of a dodgy stomach but that's nothing unusual for me.

Pink - I've PMd you. I hope things pick up soon.

Paul - I wish I could say something to help but I'm not sure what the best thing is for you to do. I think the sooner you see a psychiatrist, the better as they'll be able to help you properly. Keep at it and remember, we're always here to support you.

Gav - glad you're feeling ok today. I had 3 glasses of wine last night and it knocked me out. I don't know if it's because I was tired or if it's the increased dose but it wasn't my idea of a good Friday night, falling asleep after dinner! I feel fine today though.

Nic - you're obviously on the mend now. You must have a cold sore because you're run down. Take it easy and use it as a reason why someone else has to do all the housework!

Joy - try your best to stick at the Prozac. I really sympathise because I know how horrendous those SEs can be but, if you can get through it, I'm sure you'll see the benefits. It should be another week or so. :hugs:

Kitti- I'm seriously impressed. You're doing so well. When are you at the docs next? Ask him about the extended release tabs or caps as they're easier to take (once a day) and are a little bit more stable in the release of the ven. Some GPs won't go for it and others will - obviously it's a cost issue but I imagine you've got a good relationship with your doc. Besides, you'll probably find that you can start to reduce your diazepam a little now which he'll support you on. Well done for the drive too - it's great that you're pushing yourself. Don't try too much at once but challenge yourself with something difficult everyday. Little and often is always my motto in these things.

Karen - sounds like you're settling into your new flat. A place of your own where you can do what you like (wild parties?). Start your ven when you're ready and I think you'll find you feel much better.

Hi to anyone I've missed.

Take care

Pip xxx

miraiiro
29-09-12, 19:09
Pink - Sorry to hear that you're not doing too well at the moment. Don't worry about moaning! That's what this forum is here for. If you ever feel like you need to talk some more, please feel free to PM me and I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Gav and Kitti, you're doing so well! It makes me feel jealous for still not seeing much of an improvement, ahaha. Well done for being able to get out there and do stuff! Venlafaxine has obviously been a good thing for you both. :yesyes:

I'm afraid there hasn't been any difference in my anxiety or depression, but I've been out all day with family and so didn't have to spend time alone being stressed out and miserable. I'm going out tomorrow too, which is nice and all, but I kind of feel like I'm running away since I know most of my anxiety comes from being on my own with nothing to do and nowhere to go. I actually thought the anxiety was starting to get better, but it's been annoyingly high all week long. Oh well, I'll just have to keep hanging in there until I see my psychiatrist next month and ask for an increase in dose.

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend so far! It's actually been nice and warm where I am, if a little breezy. Makes a change from all the horrid rain!

TJSMITH
30-09-12, 10:16
Hello all

Nic sorry to hear you not well again and joy too really hoping the Prozac helps
Pink you are very positive person or so it seems I'm sure you will be better in no time.

I have crashed again ie the demon got hold of me ( I say that As I feel possessed lol) I'm struggling and scared again. I had two weeks where really felt getting there but then been very busy with work and helping in school. My kids at my mums so on my own which I still have problems with if it's any length of time.
Does anyone else struggle on their own?
At moment completely fed up with the battle to be me and really wonder if I truly will.
Sorry guys for the rant. Hopefully pick up when my kids home but at moment I'm terrified of nothing.

Hope you all better than me x

karenp
30-09-12, 10:42
Are you on Ven TJ? So sorry to hear you're not feeling too great any how. I knwo when I am in on my own I think more about my anxeity, where as if I am busy I forget about it. Really hope you are ok again asap (:

TJSMITH
30-09-12, 10:49
Hi Karen no I'm on sertraline but got to speaking to people on here as started on citalopram. I used to love me time and don't want to live life having to keep busy.
I been on it nearly 4 months now do have better days it's just this feeling of fear I hate.

My kids back soon, thank god x

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

Ps how long you been on ven and do you still have bad days ?

kittikat
30-09-12, 13:09
Kitti- I'm seriously impressed. You're doing so well. When are you at the docs next? Ask him about the extended release tabs or caps as they're easier to take (once a day) and are a little bit more stable in the release of the ven. Some GPs won't go for it and others will - obviously it's a cost issue but I imagine you've got a good relationship with your doc. Besides, you'll probably find that you can start to reduce your diazepam a little now which he'll support you on. Well done for the drive too - it's great that you're pushing yourself. Don't try too much at once but challenge yourself with something difficult everyday. Little and often is always my motto in these things.

Pip, I am at the docs on Tuesday but I think I am doing ok on the 2 a day, not sure I need the slow release atm. I did drop my diaz to 10.5mg a day but I have gone back up to 11mg as I think I did it too fast (I was on 15mg daily from August) things seem to have settled down well for me now and when I am feeling like this, it gives me the confidence to test myself. I realise that I am not out of the woods by any means, but I am feeling so much better and my mood and anxiety are greatly reduced. Little and often it will be, but I am determined to get there :yesyes: xx

Karen, I was terrified of starting Ven, (had the meds phobia due to terrifying SE's from Cit, Prozac and Clomipramine) I can honestly say Ven has been a bit of a walk in the park for me compared to the other anti d's I had tried. I never had the heightened anxiety and I have not had a panic attack since starting on Ven on 28th August. They have made me very tired, dry mouth, a little dizzy and shakey, palps, and at times just a bit spaced out (remember I am on diazepam too) I never felt sick, but I did lose my appetite for a couple of weeks.

I started on one 35.5mg tablet which I took in the mornings and increased to 75mg two weeks later, one morning and one evening. As you have probably read I did have some ups & downs but I can honestly say I am feeling very optimistic about this medication now. I wish you luck in your decision, as Pip says, we are all here to support you through this. Feel free to PM me anytime. :hugs: xx

Nicola, I hope you are feeling better too :hugs: xx

I hope everyone else is having a good Sunday so far. Kitti :) xxxx

Pipkin
30-09-12, 14:11
Hi everyone,

Doing fine over here. My dodgy stomach has calmed down a bit and I'm feeling very chilled for a Sunday which is usually my no. 2 worst day. I've nearly finished my 75mg box (I'm taking 2 a day) and then I'll be moving onto the 150mg caps. I've got a very peculiar brand this time but they're always the same for me.

Gav - are you still getting that weird head sensation like your hair's standing on end? I am and it's very odd although not bad. It just feels like my hair's standing straight up - just the right-hand side though!

Kitti - as always, you're very sensible taking one day at a time. The slow-release tabs/caps make no difference at all to the overall effects so if you're happy with what you've got, stick with them. I just don't trust myself to take the evening pill at the right time as I'm always working late and would forget. You're doing really well with the diazepam too and that's definitely a case of small steps but you'll get there. It must be a real weight off your mind to feel that you're moving in the right direction at last. When I say I'm impressed, I really am because I know what a hard time you've had.

Pink - how are things today? Have you been out for lunch? Let us know how you're getting on after your difficult day yesterday.

Take care

Pip xxx

spawn
30-09-12, 14:26
Gav - are you still getting that weird head sensation like your hair's standing on end? I am and it's very odd although not bad. It just feels like my hair's standing straight up - just the right-hand side though!

Pip xxx

No thats stopped now, it only lasted for a few days really, it is weird..lol

karenp
30-09-12, 15:39
Thanks Kitti, I am so glad you seem so much better already. The one and only Ven pill I did take did make me feel a weenie bit sick but it passed really fast and the other SE's were dizziness for me (which also passed), I fell asleep really early that day too as I was a bit zombified, felt a bit nervous and had heartburn when I woke up but that was it so perhaps that would be it every day if I plucked up the courage to just take the other pills. Plus when I tried Trazodone a few weeks back, which didn't help me however so after a month so I quit it, the SE's were nothing and I am pretty sure Trazodone is a SNRI like Ven but could be wrong! But if so then I dunno why I am scared, ha ha! :D
Mirt's so hard to come off though...I'm down to 7.5mg's now but really feeling it again today, it's like having a cold as my throat is sore and I feel shakey, I put on a relaxation cd this afternoon and fell asleep through most of it I feel so poorly and tired, I was wide awake at 3am but didn't go into a panic attack atleast. I only have 4mg's of Diazepam left till I see my doctor tomorrow as I'm only on 4mils a day now, which is another reason I am so scared to go for it with the Ven, I have begged them for more to help me through the transition period but no one will give me it as they witter on about addiction but honeslty coming off Mirtazapine is the most horrible medicine I have ever taken. Isn't that totlaly addictive the way I feel like I'm coming off heroin or something and they help heroin addicts not let them suffer!!!!! I've come off benzo's 3 times before and Citalopram Ad and never felt a thing but I will be so glad when I am free of Mirtazapine. Nicola did you get the flu like symptoms and ringing in your ears coming off it?
Pip so glad you are having a good day too. Ven really does sound like a very good AD for people who suffer with anxiety and panic. :)

pinkdove
30-09-12, 17:04
thanks for all your support yesterday, i neede it, was feeling really down, i hate confrontation, and just felt so hurt.

it is sorted now, and there was appologies all round. today we have all been out for sinday lunch, a three course, and we all had a laugh i really enjoyed it, then a walk round a garden centre, now home in my comfies, chllin xx

pip special thanks to you my friend, you are always there for me, helping me more than you'll know, glad the increase is goin well for you, i feel so much more chillled on the 150mg, have my revue tomorrow and i think i'll leave things as they are for now. hope your having a relaxing weekend xx

karen, i also feel that ven has had the least side effects, i went on 75mg straight from 40mg citalopram, i did suffer some withdrawal from the cit, but little or no side effects from the ven, i have found it the best ad ive been on, i know its hard to start a new ad, and remember you are coming off mirtazapine too, good luck hunni we're all here for you xx

kitty :yesyes: you are doing so well, you are doing it the right way too, keep going slowly one day at a time, and you will get there, so pleased you are getting some imprvement you deserve it xx

tracey really wish things would settle down for you, if you are having a few good days then something positive is happening, what a long hard road it is tho' but you will get there, i really know what you mean about the fear, and your own company, i was scared of everything and had no concentration at all, now i can be i my own compant, read a book, or watch some tv, none of which i could do before, you'll be missing your kids too, dont feel too disheartened you will get there xx

paul, gav, and everyone else how are you all doing xx

TJSMITH
30-09-12, 17:16
Thanks Pink
Pleased you have picked up and family feud sorted.
I had a good 2 weeks so assume the right med for me of i would be like this everyday??

Ven has been suggested but is it still early days at three months would you say??
Reading things i have written over last two weeks i was def doing well but then thats possibly keeping busy, when sometimes i would love to chill out.

How long until you were fine in your own company ??
The kids are home now, did i say i missed them lol ..

Nic and Joy how are you both

nicola1980
30-09-12, 17:38
Hi all, well feeling slightly better today apart from being up twice in the night with a high temp but generally feeling better in myself so fingers crossed im on the mend, had a nap earlier and that refreshed me lol! Tracy sorry your not having a good day :hugs: if im having an off day i hate my own company too, i think your doing well tho and what we've all got to remember is that everyone has bad days even 'normal' people but because we're still on the road to recovery we cant brush it off like others and we go into panic mode thinking we're going backwards when infact all it is is a bad day!! Karen good luck with the ven im sure it will help you, Pink so pleased everything is sorted :D and :hugs: to everyone else xx

TJSMITH
30-09-12, 18:53
Thanks Nic its day three now though and petrified. Have all the thoughts back and fear.
Pleased you doing better again Hun x

nicola1980
30-09-12, 18:54
Its horrible hun, i know how you feel, ive had it all this week with not being very well, was in tears i was so scared xx

TJSMITH
30-09-12, 19:11
It just makes me feel like life will never be normal, I hate it as interferes with everything I do with my kids although they can't pick up on it now. Thank god

I think it's worse when you have times of feeling ok.
Wish I could find some groups to go to as other than you guys it's quite lonely.

Has anyone heard from Laura off late?

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

Nic what are you scared off as I don't even know

nicola1980
30-09-12, 19:26
Im scared of going back to how i was before my meds were sorted........it scares the life out of me as i can never go back to that black hole again :ohmy: it makes me shudder just thinking about it xx

TJSMITH
30-09-12, 19:30
Hmm you and me both. I'm now been googling can you ever get over an anxiety disorder

nicola1980
30-09-12, 19:38
I have done before and know people that have......yeah they take meds but they lead a 'normal' life, when i was last on cit i was 'cured' and just popped my pill every morning and got on with whatever life threw at me and believe me it wass alot hence why im suffering now apparantly!! xx

pinkdove
30-09-12, 19:43
tracey i think you should give the meds a wee bit longer, th big mistake we make is not giving the meds enough time to work, because this is such a horrible illness we are all in a hurry to get better, you might just be going to turn a corner hunni, and you've had some good days and that is positive. yea i found that it took me a while to be able to relax, and for the constant thinking to go, all in all about 4 months into ven before i really felt that things were getting better. hope you pick up again soon xx

nicola glad you are feeling better, and yes i totally agree with you, i could not go back there again, i dont think i would be strog enough to get through it again, although my pysc said it was a common fear, and i would be strong enough to get through it.....but hopefully we wont have to put that to the test ever again xxx

TJSMITH
30-09-12, 19:49
Thanks so much ladies
I know I was doing so well last couple of weeks. I'm getting myself do wound up I'm having heart palpitations again.

I have been really been pushing myself a lot lately, maybe too much.
It's reassuring it can be beaten Nic and on my good days I feel like I can.
X

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Pink you say four months before you felt things getting better am I right in thinking still a rocky road after that then?

wendysmi
30-09-12, 20:36
Hi I am new to this site, i found it through researching my medication i have been taking for over a year citolopram. I have been taking 20mg and because of suffering with bad shakes to the point i have struggled to hold a cup the doctor put me on 30mg per day. I just wanted to know if this is the case with anyone else and if so did this help, did it stop the shaking?
Any advice would be great

thanks
Wendysmi

spawn
30-09-12, 21:39
Hmm you and me both. I'm now been googling can you ever get over an anxiety disorder

I wouldnt google that!
i was googling everything in the beginning, and the things i found and read made me worse! Theres alot of rubbish on the net so be careful and dont read into things to much!

TJSMITH
30-09-12, 22:05
I know googling not good but on occasion helps me aswell.

I try and stick to this site more than anything, was doing well.

Tommorow another day i guess.

I was sick alot Fri night can this interfere with meds??

pinkdove
30-09-12, 22:15
tracey things got so much better after 4 months and have continued to improve ever since, i was able to function properly, started to enjoy things agan, was able to relax, and i would say i am now 99% better, i wonder if anyone is truly 100% even if they have'nt been ill, so i am happy with the positive effects from the ven.
remember we are all different, but if i can get there, anyone can. keep positive you will get little blips and im sure thats what your having just now.

and just think that it took a long time for us to get ill, and it takes time for our mind and body to recover, but recover it will xxx

wendy welcome, i have taken citalopram in the past and went from 10mg to 60mg, and like you had the shakes, with every increase it got a it better, i was also iven beta blockers to help in the early stages, im sure the increase will help you, just do as your dr advises, we are all hre to support you xx

TJSMITH
30-09-12, 22:20
Thanks again Pink dont know what i would do without you.
Last week i felt doing really well this week thinking do i need to change meds but looking at my diary the good were starting to outweigh the bad.

Thank you so much its so good to hear more positive feedback :)

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

Welcome Wendy
I was on Cit for four months at 30mg but shakes wasnt something i had although i had body judders on going to sleep at night for a while, bloody annoying they were :mad:

pinkdove
01-10-12, 11:03
morning, just been for my revue with the gp, interesting re the ven, my pysc had writtn to them n june saying i should stay on it at least another year, before thinking of reducing, and probably a maintenance dose for the rest of my life, as the last episode was so bad
i have no problems with that, but the dr commented that when you have had a breakdwon ie clinical depression and anxiety it can often take months to find the right meds, as we all know, and in some cases years to get back to full health, so i know i am on im on the right road, also i had'nt seen my own gp for 2 years, and he said how well i looked and how far i'd come, so all in all i found it helpfull.

hows everyone else today ???

tracey hope you are feeling a bit better today hunni xx

Sober2000june
01-10-12, 11:31
Morning all,

Hi Pink, good to see you're better and your doc also agrees:).

I really need to make an appt with my doc, but i have it my head he can't be @rsedwith me any more:weep:. Logically thinking its probably the depression talking but my head i have a core belief at the moment being that they will never be able to fix me and i should have left well enough alone and rode out the storm last Sept. I can totally identify fwith what I believe Tracy said having to always having to distract yourself; it's the hardest job in the world - running from yourself:wacko:

TJSMITH
01-10-12, 12:10
Pink pleased it went well my biggest fear is being on the wrong med, how do you know? I am at work and struggling but not as much as yesterday. Thanks for asking pink.

SOber it was me. How long you been suffering with this

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Ps you scared me pink, I so hope not x

pinkdove
01-10-12, 12:22
tracey how have i scared u hun, not my intention at all xx

TJSMITH
01-10-12, 12:31
I know it's not Hun it was comment about some cases taking years to recover ekkk

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

How do you know the med is right

Pipkin
01-10-12, 12:48
Afternoon,

I hope everyone's ok. I'm suffering from the usual Monday jitters but I'm feeling a bit better now. I'll be back to myself by this evening. I think I'm seeing a bit of increased anxiety due to the dose increase but I know it'll settle down over the next few weeks.

Pink - that's a very good assessment by your GP and it's great when they comment on how well you're doing. Mine said that to me a couple of months ago and I felt like I was doing something right. At my worst, he looked alarmed when he saw me so God only knows what I must have looked like.

Paul - don't despair. You'll find the solution but unfortunately it's taking you longer. Distraction is really helpful but I don't see it as running away from myself, more like keeping busy doing things that I like (or used to like). It's more like changing who you are rather than running away. Maybe just my view but I am an optimist at heart. I guess it's easier for me though because I don't suffer from depression unless my anxiety is really bad. I know you'll find the answer so don't give up.

Tracy - I think the point that Pink's GP is making is that we're all different. Some people recover quickly and others take longer but that doesn't mean you'll take years. As I said above, it's about finding the right solution, be it meds, therapy or anything else that gets you through. In some ways, Pink and I are lucky to have found a solution more quickly (I've got to say that having each other for support really helps) but remember that we're all here to support you and you'll definitely know when you're on the right track. It's only a matter of time.

Take care

Pip xxx

TJSMITH
01-10-12, 13:06
I know Hun. I'm guessing of med not right good days wouldn't happen?
I get days where think I'm on right med then hit a bad patch and doubt it again

Pink I know what you meant hun. I love the support on here.

Nic how are you ?

Sober2000june
01-10-12, 13:49
Hi Tracy, Since last August, but to a much lesser extent since Sept 1993 when i threw amitryptoline in the bin.

nicola1980
01-10-12, 13:49
Hi all, Tracy sorry your still struggling :hugs: and you aswell Paul :hugs: ts such a rollercoaster ride this :mad: well i feel alot better today, been out to get jacks winter wardrobe and food shopping today, still feeling a bit shaky and this damn coldsore is really sore and about took over my face!!! can feel it throbbibg away :mad: just booked in with my friend whos a hairdresser to have a treatment on my hair on thursday so that should relax me as love having my hair done! hope everyone else is ok xxx

Sober2000june
01-10-12, 13:57
Doc prescribed them to me when i was 20. I thought "yippee legal high" and rinsed em down every night with Stella.

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

But to put a positive on it, the wife and i are getting on the best we ever have since i quit drinking. Suppose i was self medicating my anxiety with the old alcohol.

TJSMITH
01-10-12, 14:34
Ah that's good. Does alcohol interfere with antidepressants much as nhs site says fine I. Moderation. I sometimes drink weekends maybe this caused this downward spiral again. I expect to feel crap one day but not three.
Love to hear others experiences x

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Nic pleased you good again. I know you really been through it. I love my hair being done too especially when they wash if and massage your head that's heaven x

nicola1980
01-10-12, 14:40
Hi Tracy i used to drink all the time when i was on cit and it never effected me and believe me when i get going on the shots then thats it lol!!! ive not dared have a drink on the ven yet as i really didn't want to jepodise my recovery........oh what id give for a glass of rose!!! i think it does interfere with ADs but if you drink in moderation it should be ok, i used to notice if id been out on a bender then i suffered the next day and one night me and my friend drank a bottle of gin and OMG the next day i could have slit my wrists......i now know why its nicknamed 'mothers ruin'....NEVER again lol xx

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

oh the massage bit is the best bit.......lush xx

TJSMITH
01-10-12, 14:45
Ha ha we sound like we would really get on Nic lol... I am naughty that can't stop at a glass of wine it has to be the bloody bottle. I'm at docs Wednesday see what he says. I feel I'm on right med as wouldn't have the better days or that's what I tell myself.

Hmmm fancy reiki but between hair and now nails since I been unwell think my hubby would hyperventilate at anymore lol x

nicola1980
01-10-12, 14:53
Ive had reiki in the past, my firnds a reiki master but since my relapse she has refused to do it on me..she says shes got a bad feeling about it :huh: but she does give me lurvly head and shoulder massages so ill let her off lol xx

Sober2000june
01-10-12, 15:57
Tracy, re: alcohol - I think the simplest way to see if alcohol is hindering your progress would be to give yourself at least a month off and see how you feel:).

Take care,
Paul

TJSMITH
01-10-12, 16:51
I only drink once a week and the times have really bad issues seems to be when probably drunk more than I should :D

pinkdove
01-10-12, 18:48
tracey, sorry i scared you maybe my post come across the wrong way, what i was discussing with my gp is the fact that it has been 2 years since i got ill, and was that normal, and he was explaining to me that it can be, it put my mind at rest knowing that it was not unheard off to take that length of time to recover.

sorry hunni f it scared you, as pip says we are all different, some people recover in weeks, so please dont worry you will be fine xxx

pip sorry you have felt a bit anxious today, but mondays are usually quite bad for you, so hopefully tomorrow will be better, have a relaxing evening xx

nicola1980
01-10-12, 18:51
can we stop talking about alcohol............i have a pantry full of lager and wine and my mouths watering :roflmao: xx

TJSMITH
01-10-12, 18:54
Ah pink don't worry I know some people take ages to recover if at all (biggest fear).

Well hubby gone to work and I feel scarred again, really don't get it as passed all that.
Worried the meds stopped working now all sounds silly I know

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Sorry Nic looks like I won't be drinking at Xmas :weep:

nicola1980
01-10-12, 18:56
Tracy sending you a big :bighug1: its just a blip hun, honestly your not going back and the meds haven't stopped working, maybe you could do with a slight increase? xx