PDA

View Full Version : from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

pinkdove
01-10-12, 18:58
tracey have you had a chat with your gp recently, ony asking because you may need the dose adjusing, the fear thing is horrendous, we know its irrational, but we cant seem to think rationally either, a catch 22.

i know only a couple of months ago i had to be doing something all the time, it took me a while to be able to really relax, but that is so much better now, i can switch the telly off, and read a book, or when the weather was nice, could sit outside and read, so all of this you are feeling will pass, but just a thought , dont suffer if you feel you need advice see your gp, and as always we are all here for you

re alcohol, i can have a couple of glasses of wine and have no problems at all.

TJSMITH
01-10-12, 19:26
Thanks. I was starting to be Ok In my own company very strange, I'm at docs Wednesday pink. My only issue is if it's a blip I have increased when not needed.

May take a lorazapam soon and That will only be second time.

How long did it take you to completely relax pink? Upset as really been ok for a while when hubby nights x

slowfish
01-10-12, 19:53
Hi all

glad you're feeling better nicola
sorry to hear about your blip tracey, i hope it passes soon
you've come a long way pink, well done

I've taken 150mg for the last 3 days - my decision. Feel no worse, maybe more tired but I figured its worth reducing as I just felt side effects on 225 were too great. I might take 225 tomorrow after and then alternate between 150 and 225 for a couple of weeks, just to be on the safe side.

pinkdove
01-10-12, 22:10
tracey i started ven in feb, and i would say i was able to relax about 3 months in and it has gradually improved. i know what you mean about not wanting to increase if its just a blip, and it could well be, take your lorazapam when needed, how long have you been on the sert now, and what dose do you take ??

slowfish, i think you should have felt better by now on the 225, so reducing is a good idea, that happened to me on citalopram, dose was too high and all i got was increased side effects, reduced and felt no worse. as far as taking alternate doses i really cant comment, other than in my opinion i would take a steady dose each day, and give that a chance to work, only my opinion tho' good luck xxx

TJSMITH
01-10-12, 22:17
What would we do without you pink. I been on it 14 weeks and last 8 at 100mg x

pinkdove
01-10-12, 22:55
tracey im sure your nearly there, have a good night, you could feel a lot better tomorow....im sure yu are having a blip and yes they can last a few days, so take heart tomorrows another day, have a good night tracey xx

TJSMITH
01-10-12, 22:58
Thanks pink for support today. Im in bed trying to read lol

Night all x

Sober2000june
02-10-12, 11:02
morning all,

day off today, well more diy actually. Bl00dy MET office told me lies about the weather:mad:. Going to be fun trying to lay concrete in between the showers. Need to get something done to break this inertia! That sounds great Pink, being able to just sit in your own company and concentrate enough to read. Looking back i was able to do that in the evenings with citalopram. retrospectively i probably never gave each dose long enough to settle. However its hard to, when doc is trying to get you to max dose as quickly as possible, and you dont get two people in the mental health service giving you similar advice:wacko:. Anyhoo, let me know how you get on with the 150 slowfish cus i feel evenings are little respite now as well on 225.

I am hoping to see if i can get an appt with the shrink i was advised this week. however if it is going to bee too long or a no goer i'm confident work will pay for private shrink(so my manager said):yesyes:.

Tracy please dont think i am being evangelical and pointing towards total abstinence from alcohol. I just think it may be an interim option to verify if it is slowing your recovery:hugs:.

HAve a good one folks,

over and out from a not so sunny Glasgow,

Paul:bighug1:

nicola1980
02-10-12, 12:47
Hi all, Tracy hope your feeling better :hugs: good luck on the decrease slowfish, well what i though was a coldsore is infact impetigo, its been getting bigger everyday and throbbing and itching like crazy so off i trotted to the docs AGAIN and got antibiotic cream for it as already on antibiotics still for my water infection......can anything else happen?? bloody fed up today :mad: xx

Pipkin
02-10-12, 13:07
Hi all,

I was going to blame you Nic as I started to come out in a cold sore on my lip last night! Smothered it with Zovirax and it seems to be going. It's the first one I've had for years. Not happy.

I'm definitely feeling some increased anxiety now - it peaked yesterday and has calmed down a bit now but I guess the increase was going a bit too smoothly! It's just the physical symptoms which are affecting me, namely the shakes and pounding heart. It's not too bad though and I haven't resorted to any beta blockers yet. In my mind, I'm much less anxious so at least that part's working. I'm guessing it's the norepinephrine effects kicking in which are much less at 75mg. I know it'll get better so I'm not concerned about it. I'm just a bit jittery :wacko:

Nic - poor you! It seems to be one thing after another - you should get a permanent seat reserved in the doctor's waiting room. You'll soon be feeling better I'm sure. These types of things always flare up when we're anxious and then make us even more anxious. It's all part of life's little joke, which isn't funny. Hang on in there! :hugs:

Must dash and cut my lunch short as I want to leave work at a sensible time tonight.

Take care

Pip xxx

pinkdove
02-10-12, 22:08
very quiet on here today, hope its because you are all feeling a bit better and keeping busy

pip if your feeling physical symptoms, dont suffer, it will not last too long as you know, but take a beta blocker if it helps, i think the increase will do you good, as you say in your mind your calmer, so nothing wrong with a bit of help when needed.

take care xxx

another good day for me, been out shopping, and feeling quite relaxed, anyway have a good night anyone who checks in xx

TJSMITH
02-10-12, 22:29
Hi all
God Nic not much luck :ohmy:

Well bit better today still underlying but trying not to let it get to me, my oldest 12th birthday took him shopping and dinner after school, I find putting a face on helps.

One of my friends suffered vertigo recently and now following same path as me as that's what kicked all this off for me a bloody inner ear virus it's very odd as she too started getting panicky and anxiety hmmmm

Hope everyone else ok. Pink pleased you had a good day again. I hope one day I have a day where the anxiety not there at all I guess I'm 8 out of 10 today xxx

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

Pip hope settles soon, I was given beta blockers in early days but they seemed to make me more on edge and diazapan never worked, I'm a strange one lol

Pipkin
02-10-12, 23:22
Evening,

Thanks for your kind words. I felt progressively better as the day's gone on. It's always the mornings that are the worst and that's the case at the minute.

I know it won't last long and I am a bit of a martyr sometimes and like to manage without extra meds when I can but I'll take the beta blockers if it gets too bad. At the minute, I'm coping fine.

Off to bed now as I'm sure lack of sleep isn't helping!

See you all tomorrow.

Pip xxx

spawn
02-10-12, 23:33
Just checking in before I go to sleep!
I'm still feeling pretty well, and keeping busy at work.
Mornings are getting better and better, so I can't moan! :yesyes:

I'm def starting to feel like my old self, and I've completely forgotten about the things that made me anxious a couple months ago.

Hope everyone is well!

TJSMITH
03-10-12, 08:51
Morning all input please
At gp this morning question: still checking how I'm feeling a fair bit although not always overwhelming and sometimes forget myself been on sertraline 14 weeks and 9 at 100mg dose increase or time?
What do you think as don't want to increase if still a chance will carry on getting better.

Hope everyone ok x

karenp
03-10-12, 10:04
I've got some heightened anxiety too starting up on Ven today Pip. I've got some beta blockers too but I'm a wimp so have taken one, ha ha!
Hope every one is ok today. Nicola you must be run down old love.

Sober2000june
03-10-12, 10:43
ah well, down to 150mg today see if the headaches subside a bit:shrug:

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

just thought 10 wks on 225 and daily headaches with increased agitation is not what i call relief. Sometimes feel am i asking too much or am i supposed to feel this way. Looking back i probably have been going down on 225

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 ----------

fingers crossed:unsure:

let me know how youre going slowfish?

What dose you on Karen?

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Good to see you are pragmatic about your dose change Pip. I think the big thing is knowing youcan and will feel better. I think cus ive felt like this so long not sure how to feel "free"

pinkdove
03-10-12, 11:08
tracey what did your gp think, when i increased to the dose im on now it took 8/9 weeks before i got some real benefits, but it has been improving all the time, i think the meds do take time, and i also think that the lowest dose we can get improvement from the better, but that just my opinion, i still think about how im feeling sometimes but its getting better. so before increasing maybe give it another week or so, hope you feel better soon, but remember you are getting positive signs, but it takes time xxx

pip, i know you are a trooper lol, and you will be fine in a week or so, really hope the increase does the trick for you, have you been on 150mg before ???? i think you have always been on 75mg if i remember right, i think you are doing fantastic, working and increasing your dose, and the fact that you can rationalise the symptoms, you have such a good attitude to this and that must really help, have a good day xx

gav you are doing great keep it up a real inspiration for those still struggling, well done you !!!! xx

paul good luck with the decrease, hope it works out for you xx

karen good luck on starting ven today, and your not a wimp i used diazapam when i started, anything to take the edge off, but i was ok on ven i feel it had less side effects than any other ad i've tried, hope you do too xxx

rainy crap weather here just put out ma washing and its pouring, going to have an easy day with rosie today, have a sore neck and shoulder, so on painkillers again.

hows everyone else today ???

karenp
03-10-12, 12:05
Thanks Pink, I'm on day 3 and had SE's on day one, none at all yesterday just a real happy feeling and then today I've had heightened anxiety for the first time and felt quite paniky at one point about half an hour ago as I also went totlaly zombified. Then I told myself it is justt he tablets and that every one here has been through the Se's from them so I can do this and now I am fine.
I'm on 37.5mg (is it) at the mo Sober but I got my next week of pills yesterday and I've got to double up already. I might not for another week or see how I settle by the end of this first one.
Hope it went ok at your doctors appointment Tracey. I can remember it taking a long while on Citalopram before I was properly better. You are so brave being on an SSRI as I won't go near them ever again. :)

pinkdove
03-10-12, 12:21
karen, you are doing great, just remember those feelings cant hurt you and will pass,and we're all here for you take care hunni xxx

TJSMITH
03-10-12, 12:35
Thanks pink
He kept me same dose and wants to see me in three weeks the most upsetting thing is I really starting to feel gone backwards as feeling scared and battling daily again.
I just don't understand as I was doing well and fed up with the fight. It's been five days now.

He said I'm suffering from obsessional thoughts and ruminating but these thoughts do upset me so much especially when I had a good couple weeks where they didn't over power me.

Thanks pink for support x

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Ps its the thinking and fear that I struggle with as stops me enjoying things x

Pipkin
03-10-12, 13:55
Thanks Pink - the encouragement is very welcome, as always. I'm glad you have confidence in my staying power! I'm feeling better each day so I know it's working and that it's just a matter or time. Yes, this is my first time on 150 so it's a step into the unknown for me :scared15:

Karen - I answered on the other thread but I see you've said here you're on 37.5. If they're the standard tabs, you could split them, 1/2 am and 1/2 pm. That will stop the peaks and troughs. When you double up, that's definitely the best approach unless you get the XR, in which case, you don't need to.

Must dash, meeting at 2.

Take care

Pip xx

karenp
03-10-12, 17:31
Thanks Pink, I've felt really sick all afternoon too but am gonna carry on taking Ven as I just need to get well and this defo is a lot stronger meds than Mirtazapine ever was as that just makes you feel sleepy as a SE and did zilch for me. I'm still coming off it too so that's probs adding to how rough I've felt today. I've been out in town any how so even though I was a bit scared this morning when I had a bit of panic, I've just felt off it this afternoon more than anything serious, I def wouldn't have been in town if it was old Citalopram :yesyes:
Taaaa so much for the advice Pip, that's a really good idea, I'll try that tomorrow. Hope you are ok on the higher dose. Last time I sufered with GAD I had to go on 40mg's of Citalopram when 20mg's had always previously got me well. I expected to get lots of Se's but going from 10mg to 20mg was miles harder and I was better within 2 weeks of taking the new dose!!!! SO hope you are too on your new Ven doseage (:
Tracey, I really hope you feel miles better soon too. It's so horrible isn't it when you feel like you are actually getting well again only to then feel terrible all over again. Maybe it's just a blip week you're having or with any luck any how. I know I'd been on Citalopram a good few months a few years back and had been feeling completely normal again for ages when I had a real off week where I woke up every morning feeling totally depressed and anxious but I went ok again the following week. Hugs xxx

TJSMITH
03-10-12, 18:11
Thanks Karen
I'm at work and so on edge that bordering on tears and just don't get it as doing so well.
Right now I want to sleep and not wake up unless this nightmare stops.
Starting to think never will truly be better if a blip it's a long one six days.

Starting to think of leaving my family as hate putting them through all this and not helped by messages telling maybe I should come off meds altogether, I know they meant no harm even so.

Thanks guys xx

nicola1980
03-10-12, 18:35
Tracy sending you a big :bighug1: im going through a biit of a blip aswel with not being very well and its horrid, the feelings of being scared are so real and strong its awful :hugs:all i want to do is sleep aswel and wake up when its all over, saw my cpn today whos insisted i go back to the doctors tomo as i should be feeling better from my kidney infection now and my impetigo is really bad which she said is stress related and cause ive been run down, im hardly getting any sleep at night as im waking with raging temps at least twice a night, last night i was up wwith one at 1:30 and then again at 4:00, i felt that bad i was shaking like a leaf :weep: am having to space painkillers out throughout the day so i can some throughout the night to get my temp down, i was that disorientated at 4 this morning i walked into the bedroom wall thinking i was going through the door so have a huge bump on my head and shoulder :ohmy:
Karen your doing really well hun :hugs:
Big :hugs: to everybody else xxxxxxx

Toast
03-10-12, 19:27
Hiya,

Thought I would just update you on how I am getting on. I couldn't pluck up the courage to take the Venafaxine so I went back to the GP and she has given me Fluoxetine.
Apart from the fact I am wired and wide awake and a little bit easily enraged I am getting on well, no unbearable side effects. Going on like this I am sure I will be able to take it until next spring (which is the aim). xx

pinkdove
03-10-12, 20:05
tracey my heart goes out to you, and your gp did say you were suffering from irrational thoughts, and thats what's going on when you say you've thought about leaving your family, you know they would not be better off withut you, and they need you as much as you need them.

i know what you are going through, i really do, i've been where you are now, but you have had some good weeks, so ou know something right is happening, also you are able to work and thats a hugh achievement, feel free to pm me anytime, we are all here for you, just remember you are still recovering and it takes a while, but you will recover. sending you :hugs:

toast nice to hear you are getting on ok with the new meds, keep posting we're here for you too xx

TJSMITH
03-10-12, 20:52
Thanks pink sent you message.
Nic sending you hugs back it's truly crap isn't it.
I feel like a carrot being dangled at times of my life before only to be taken away again,

I try and reassure myself people do fully recover but each month that passes I'm not so sure on my case

pinkdove
03-10-12, 22:51
tracey have pm'd you hunni, i know you are going to be ok xx

karenp
04-10-12, 13:29
Tracey there's no way I could work right now so you are doing so much better than you think to even get through that door!!! I know you didn't have a good day yesterday there though, hugs from me too. I think we all totally understand what you're feeling like. I've just had a doctors appointment (begging him for Diazepam as I'm not having a good time of it starting Ven. I've got terribly heightened anxiety which is making me throw up). Anyhow, I was saying why can't I just wake up normal again as I no longer even know why I am anxious and it's now been 8 months since I started with panic attacks again, so what is wrong with me? He actually turned round and said I am far from alone, what we are all going through is a very very common thing and it can take a long time to get better and he gets people in his surgery who don't even know they are ill, where as we do and we all want to get well and are doing something about it!! And he told me that was therefore a real positive thing!! I know I have def had the I am no use to my family, what am I putting them all through? they would be better off without me thoughts but then realise I only think that way when I am feeling really ill and all those negative irrational thoughts are just part of the illness.
I actually felt miles better before going on Ad's Tracey but got talked into trying out Venlafaxine when I really just wanted to see what I'd feel like now if I became chemical free. Because I had a panic attack last night I'm still in 2 minds now whether to give it a go as my divorce defo isn't bothering me now and I am sure it was the Mirtazapine that just hyped me up! I've just had a good talk to my doctor and he wouldn't up my Diazepam again so now I am deciding whether to carry on with the Ven and hope the Se's soon die down or see if now Mirtazapine is finally leaving me give it a week or so and see where the land lies so to speak. And if I am having panic attacks still anyhow I might as well take Venlafaxine, even if it makes me throw up on top of being panicky. But Tracey, we WILLL get better old chuck one of these days and this really will all be just a bad memory!!!

Toast, you are so brave going on Prozac. I have reacted quite bad to Ven so far SE wise but still think SSRI's are even more totally hiddeous to start up (or they are for me) I know so many people who have also been put on Prozac or whatever it's called over here in the Uk (I can't spell it, ha ha) and they just felt sleepy on it. My friend went through her divorce and got put on Fl-thingy and even at the start up phase, she used to pick up her kids every day looking like she was off out on a night out where as you can tell when I'm on the start up of an AD as I look like a rellie of Lassie, ha ha! William, my 9 year old calls me Mummy the skeleton now and my Mum said I looked like I am on heroin not AD's the other day (taaaa lovely complimentive family! ha ha) Anyhow so glad you seem to be one of the lucky ones who the evil SE's don't do their worst to :D

Nicola-You sound so run down old cockle. You must look a bit like I do then at the mo what with your Impitigo and now a big bump on your head, we won't need any costumes for Halloween this year will we? ha ha! (I'm cheeky aren't I!) Seriously, I hope when you get over walking into walls at 4am and that, you'll be fine again. I know when I used to be ill, it always effected how Citalopram worked and I'd suddenly feel like it wasn't working anymore but always ended up being ok as soon as I was better.
Hope every one else is good today!!! :hugs:

pinkdove
04-10-12, 16:43
what a good post karen, im sure it will help other members

tracey where are you today ??? hope you are alright xxx

TJSMITH
04-10-12, 17:13
Hi I'm here thanks for asking pink.
Been helping kids in school today, they have no idea of my issues as good at putting a face on although I couldn't do that a few months mainly because I had physical symptoms then.
Thanks Karen for your kind words I only wish people were more open as it helps to talk (well it does for me)

I'm doing ok today still not as good as I was but better than last few days. I can't imagine a normal day that would be heaven.

How's everyone else? Pink you are so lovely to help others when you probably want to get on with life now. I hope to do that one day xx

Sober2000june
04-10-12, 17:17
Well,

I ended up taking 225 again this morning as it took hrs to get to sleep last night and im sure i was hearing things:wacko:. This new shrnk i am trying to see; his admin staff are startng to take the urine a bit. It's not as if its life threatening or anything - oh sh!t, it is! MAYBE find out tomorrow if i am being allowed on this waiting list and how long. Kinda grates slightly when you have been paying tax an NI for 24 yrs:mad:.

Moan over, take care folks.

Karen i could have written that post you just did. So im trying to hold onto we are not alone in feeling this way and hopfully they have a spanner for our nut:hugs:

pinkdove
04-10-12, 18:12
pip where are you, you must have been busy at lunchtime, hope your ok xx

paul hope you get good news tomorrow, xx

tracey so pleased you are a bit better today xx

nicola1980
04-10-12, 19:04
Hi all, well after another dreadful night with high temps and weird like hallucinations :ohmy: off i went back to the docs and saw our family doctor who was lovely and very reassuring and is referring me to a urologist due to the ammount of water infectionss i have, i still have an infection so got MORE antibiotics, i feel like i have the flu but without the cold??? had to take my dad to the hospital after the docs and was so exhausted when i got back i had to have a lie down, i then went to my friends whos a hairdresser and she washed my greasy mop for me so thats made me feel a bit better :D big :hugs: to everyone whos struggling :hugs: xx

Pipkin
04-10-12, 19:17
Hi all,

I've had a very busy day and not had the chance to check in really - I only had 10 mins for lunch and I've just got back now. I'm feeling much better and the physical symptoms are getting less and less. This morning was the best for a long time so I can see it's working. It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow at 150mg so I'm sure I've seen the worst now. The whole increase has been easier than I thought. I think me and ven are destined to have quite a long relationship!

Pink - yes, I've been very busy but it keeps me distracted and I love my job! I'm convinced that work's the best therapy and I know you're dying to get back to it. It won't be long now... How's everything with you?

Nic - you're doing really well under the circumstances - I'm not sure I'd be as strong as you. Keep at it and you will get better :hugs:

Hi to everyone else and :bighug1: to any of you that are finding it tough.

Take care

Pip xxx

pinkdove
04-10-12, 20:42
pip im fine, apart from this neck and shoulder pain still taking painkillers, i feel i have come a long way, but its not great every day, still have periods of the thinking about how im feeling, and i still feel im working at it if that makes sense, but all in all not too bad at all, please be carefull i know you love your job, but be just watch you dont overdo it, remember to have some down time with freddie and your partner, remember to take care of you xx

nicola it made me think reading your post, you saying you feel like you have the flu without the cold, ive felt like that a few times over the last month, maybe just a coincidence, who knows, i think your gp is right to get you checked as you have had a lot of uti's lately, and you sound to me as if your run down too, which is not surprising given what you've been through, hope you feel better soon xx

TJSMITH
04-10-12, 20:50
Well the demons trying to get in lol probably as I really want to relax like I used to arghhh hubby's response make me a cup of tea that may help lol...

Nic and pink hope you feel better soon and I did read a post somewhere about flu symptoms being a se of ven. Who knows xx

karenp
05-10-12, 09:28
I've had to stop taking Ven again as I am just too panic attacky on it and sick all the time (actually sick too not just feeling sick)....my own doctors won't help with tranquilzers just to get me through the SE's so I need to ring the hospital in a tick and ask their advice as where I go from here as though I do feel fine during the day Ad free, I was awake at 2.30am again today and woke up panicking, took Zopiclone but it didn't touch me at all last night so I just tried my best to keep calm until morning time. I didn't have a panic attack TG but felt very shakey just taking Wills to school. I am so disappointed about the Venlafaxine as it sounds such a good drug that really works and I keep thinking I am a wimp for not just stickign it out a coupel of weeks as I did Citalopram which was horrific to get on (as you know from this thread) but my doctorback home in Cleethorpes was very supportive and used to give me Lorazepam and let me decide when I felt like reducing it, where as these here are so anti benzo and I am so Ad sensitive to panic attacks when starting up and what with being so physicially sick, is the pill even going in my system? I'll see what the hospital say as they might be able to over ride my Gp's decison and give me the tranquilizers! All I want Diazepam for is a few weeks till Ven settles then I can come off them again.
Hope every one is feeling better today?

spawn
05-10-12, 10:13
Sorry about ur bad news karen, hope u can get something sorted asap!

pinkdove
05-10-12, 10:16
karen im so sorry you are having such a bad time, and i hope the hospital can help you out, you are not a wimp, i found citalopram so hard to get on too, and was sick and lost weight, but i did have diazapam to help me through it.

mt gp is not keen on prescribing diazapam either, and will not put it on my repeat, but usually gives me it as and when required, but they keep a check on how often i take it.

what annoys me is they dont seem to put to much thought into hpw hard it is to get on and off most ad's and when i have needed diazapam, i have been able to stop it when i feel better, really hope you get something sorted out soon, maybe you should ask for a referal just a thought xx

going for my usuall friday lunch today, quite a nice day here at the moment, still got some pain in my neck and shoulder, so will keep takig the painkillers, spent last night with a hot wrap around my neck felt about 100 but it really helped lol

hows wvweryone else today ???? nicola hope you are feeling better hunni xx and you too tracey xx

slowfish where are you ??? paul hope yu are feeling a bit better, and pip nearly the weekend you will need it after the busy week you've had, a nice forecast too, so you'll be able to go foe some nice walks with freddie, have a good day xx

:hugs: to you all still struggling xxx

Tony52
05-10-12, 10:35
Hi Everyone.
I am new on this site ,but originally signed up a few years go on a previous episode of depression/anxiety. Looked at the first 100 posts on this popular topic and can realy relate to the comments.Will look at some more later today.Feeling bad this morning so will tell you more about how I am when my head can get the words out. I do relate also to Karen in the last post as I can't make my mind up as to carry on with Ven ,lower my dose ,or gradually finish with them.They have worked in the past at a lower dose,but been 15 weeks on them now,but no real improvement.Not realy worse since I started on Ven 'cos the depression was realy starting to get worse at that time and I had to have something. Been on a few other meds in the past including Citalopram which made me feel terrible when the GP upped the dose .I just had to come off them.Over this past 15 weeks I have gone from 37.5mg first week to 75mg.After 10 weeks dose was upped to150mg ,and yesterday I upped it to 225mg. As with some other users on AD's the mornings are the worst time and usually by mid afternoon and evening I am gradually feeling better.I do hope I feel better later. Will tell you more when I get my head in gear. I feel reading these posts on this thread is going to help me out. I do hope you are all feeling better every day ,as I hope to be. Looking for a hello smilie but this is about the nearest one. :bighug1:

spawn
05-10-12, 11:09
Im ok today, dont feel quite as good as yesterday... just cant put my finger on how i feel? Maybe alittle spaced out and edgy? Dont think i slept to well, what with all my weird dreams..lol

Sober2000june
05-10-12, 11:49
Morning Pink, not as good as yest. but got to sleep much easier. Did notice headache coming on about 10 pm so paracetamol and bed. more headache this morning and paracetamol. Still hoping to find out to day if this elusive shrink will see me. You feel like saying "i'm not after an autograph, I just want my f'n life back!". Maybe i should take the venlalic 37.5 slow release along with 2x 75 efexor caps and see if 187.5 will allow sleep and no headaches.
:welcome:
Good to meet you Tony, hope 225 works out for you.

Take care folks,

paul:bighug1:

spawn
05-10-12, 11:55
Sober, i get loads of headaches at the moment.
Sometimes i feel one coming on about 10pm, so i take something for it but still wake up with one? i think they have got worse since ive increased to 150xl?
my doctor gave me 200 paracetamol for them..haha

nicola1980
05-10-12, 13:17
Hi all, well im still fighting this damn infection although no high temp through the night so hopefully its on its way out, its just took everything out of me, im so exhausted all the time, ive been asleep all morning on the sofa. Karen i had awful panics with the withdrawal of mirt, everymorning id wake up to a full blown attack and it also made me sick, id spend an hour retching down the kitchen sink :ohmy: i think its so unfair your gp won't prescribe you more diazepam to help you through although i know alot of docs are anti benzos but i was kept on 10mg a day through the transition from mirt to ven sometimes i even took 15mg even tho i shouldn't have done but needs must when we're struggling, fortunatly my physchatrist isn't anti benzos and knows they have their place in our recovery but she is very old school!! :hugs: to everyone xxxxx

karenp
05-10-12, 16:35
I don't know if I am also still withdrawing from the Mirt too Nicola, I wasn't sick today anyhow TG but have had a bit of anxiety in Morrisons this afternoon but just ignored it.
The hospital rang me this lunchtime before I set off and I told the lady who rang all about how poorly I've felt with the panic and vomitting, so she's going to speak to their doctor on Monday and ring me. But she did say it sounds like I am just very sensitive to Ad's so it might be a case of me not being on any now and having talking therapy to help me. What I can't work out is why I am even still anxious and why I can't sleep at all as I really have got over going through a divorce now, I hardly ever think about it. Unless it is still all down to Mirtazapine messing me up so much and I am praying in a couple of weeks when it's well out of my blood stream I'll just settle naturally. I know it defo made me a thousand times worse than before I ever took it. My CBT lady told me medication can be good but it can also be relaly bad too for some people and it does happenw here a medication make ssomeone worse! At last, someone who doesn't fob you off with "Oh no, this Ad is for anxiety, it can't cause it to be fifty times worse!" I know what you mean Paul about not wanting an autograph, just to feel bloomin normal again too!!!
I just don't get it either why they hand out these horrible, often evil Ad tablets and never admit they can cause you to have terrible anxiety and even panic attacks and yet the benzo's are no, no, no!! They are way too addictive and I have always been the same Pink. As soon as I've not felt any anxiety anymore, I've tapered off the benzo's fine! My Mum was on vallium for 14 years you know as in her day they got prescribed for blood pressure and she can't understand it either because she came off just fine too. She's watched me these past few weeks coming off Mirt and says it's unbelievable that these drugs are handed out like smarties and yet they treat Diazepam like it's gold these days! What is the difference suffering Ad start up/wd?
Hi Tony :welcome: So sorry you're not getting well on Ven this time around. xxx

TJSMITH
05-10-12, 17:42
Hi all

Sending hugs :hugs:Nic and Karen along with anyone else that needs one.

Im a bit better today the bloody thoughts still lurking starting to think i suffer from OCD plus bit fed up but thats probably as we going into winter months. Anyone on Lorazapam?? whats your views on them will they chill me out as still stuggle to relax. I have had one in the past and seemed to help but only have a few which were hard to get of my gp.

On the plus side i love helping out in my kids school, im with the kids that need extra help with reading and writing or lessons in general. I keep hoping a job will come up as i am qualified but nothing as yet. :weep: I got offered a special needs post but fell though hence going voluntary a while.

Hope everyone has a sort of chilled evening, no doubt i will be back on here xx

Pipkin
05-10-12, 18:07
Hi all,

A quickie to check in and say hello. I've just got home and am knackered so I'm off for a little nap. In good form today and now it's the weekend :yahoo:

I'll be back....

Pip xxx

Pipkin
05-10-12, 21:58
Oh dear, I've only just woken up! Half my Friday night gone already :mad:
I must get more sleep during the week! Feeling good now though, if a tad hungry...

Pip

karenp
06-10-12, 10:00
Pip and Tracey so glad to hear you are both feeling much better, your increase didn't take long at all to stop giving you Se's did it Pip! :)
Working with kids is brilliant isn't it Tracey? I trained to be a nursery nurse many moons ago but some how ended up in Sainsbury's office. Hopefully my Sister is going to get me in at her school where she works, just as a dinner lady at first and then maybe a teaching assistant job will come up one day there too.
I've taken Lorazepam btw Tracey. Over in Lincolnshire it was the benzo they always prescribed but they took me off it as soon as I moved back to Yorkshire. I like Lorazapema miles better because you can tell you have taken it right away and it really does calm you down, though I know 1 mg is the same as 10mg's of Diazepam so that's probs why (ha ha) I was on it 4 or 5 months last time I was suffering with panic and anxiety and came off it just fine but they always go "what they gave you Lorazepam?" when I tell the medics over here like it's really, really bad.
I'm finally off Mirtazapine but worried I won't sleep at all now and panic. All I've got is a couple of Zopiclone pills and some 2mg Diazepams until Thursday. I've been awake since 2.30am and just hope now Mirtazapine will leave my blood altogther my sleep might improve a bit. I only started to panic around 5.30am though so did well, I was just laid thinking about the soaps and stuff like that (as you do, ha ha)
I still don't know what I'm doing about the Venlafaxine though until someone's talked to a doctor at the hospital on Monday but he wanted to leave giving out Diazepam to my own doctors and they're all sadists and like people to suffer, ha ha!
I'm popping to my flat this afternoon to help build a kitchen table and some chairs with my Dad. I might even move in one of these days, I'm just waiting for William to get into the school and then we're off (:

pinkdove
06-10-12, 13:33
hi guys just back from the supermarket, really nice here today on yorkshire, sat out and had a ciggie :blush: and it was really warm, still suffering a bit with my neck and shoulder, so still on the painkillers.

tracey how are you doing ???
karen you are doing great hope you get some help on monday, really wish some of those gp's could be in our shoes for a couple of days, they'd soon give out diazapam.

pip you must have been so tired yesterday, you did have a busy week at work tho' and you have been great dealing with the icrease, do you feel better on the 150mg ?? i hope so, relax and have a good weekend xx

hows everyoe else coping ????

TJSMITH
06-10-12, 14:15
Hi there
In a lot better today thanks for asking so praying that blip gas passed.
Karen I love it and like you trained years ago but having three kids of my own it's only now I can do it as my little girl now full time and my middle child at a level I'm at peace with for now ( 2 ops in America).

Lovely weather head too pink over the park with kids and hubby. Used to locd sat night ma takeaway and wine but too scared to drink due to recent relapse.

Hope everyone else ok

Karen I was only given lorazapam as I told gp it's that or alcohol as I can't go on, I only had one as try and only use if extreme incase they Refuse me more.

I do wonder if that would have been better than antidepressants due to time and se they cause before working which can't make your state of mind any better.
It's frustrating x

Tony52
06-10-12, 15:56
Hi All,Thanks so much for the welcome from paul and karen.Hope all of us on here are having a good weekend.I dunno how some of you are feeling with the anxiety /depression,but a couple of my problems are lack of motivation to do things I used to enjoy or just normally get on with.It all seems to cause anxiety.Also not being able to think straight and get these posts to be understandable can be a struggle.I have always been a confident ,carefree,easygoing kind of guy ,but this episode of depression /anxiety is making me a worried, unsocial,differant person to who I realy am.I have never had this in the past.It is as if I have a differant personality.People who know I am suffering comment that they wouldn't know I am ill with this awful thing called depression .I must be able to hide it well when in conversation cos I tell them I am realy suffering inside.Got up this morning feeling not as bad as usual.Anxiety seemed to be at a lower level and also low mood as well.Yesterday early evening went over to neighbours and had 3 small cans of lager while sitting outside in the sunshine.Could have done with a few more lagers but my feeling is from experience not to go overboard.It is not worth it when it just makes you feel even worse the next day. I am over in Spain at the moment and I should feel far more happy and motivated than I am.There are so many people physically and mentally far worse off than me and I genuinely feel more sorry for them than I do for myself.I consider myself normally as a strong-minded person who can meet the challenge of most things that life throws at us,but this illness has changed me. Digressing here,but I have always been an optomist as well as being positive,and I know I will get better and be back to my old self.It may take time but this glimmer of hope I had this morning on only my third day of upping Ven has improved my spirits.It is the afternoon now and I feel more relaxed than usual and anxiety level is still fairly low.
To karen who is thinking like me whether you will be staying with Ven or not. I am going to stay with it on 225mg if it continues like I feel today.I have previously been on a max of only 75mg on 2 previous occasions and got better on that. I expect it would take ages to be weaned off 225mg ven although only been on 15 weeks. In the past I had no problems finishing 75mg to nothing in about a month or so I think.No withdrawel symptoms and back to normal again. May be a differant story next time round as everything is differant with me now.Sorry to ramble on but just saying to karen that if you do stay with Ven on a higher dose it may just work .If your GP or the hospital says a new med ,that may be the answer.I have had that scenario of changing meds or upping the dose of existing med so many times and it is just trial and error.I have always came through it and got my old self back again.Have a good weekend all of you on here and keep your spirits up and try to be positive about life.'I can get better and I will get better'.
Tony :yesyes::footy::yesyes:

miraiiro
06-10-12, 18:38
Hope you're feeling a bit better today, Pink and Karen! Sorry I haven't been around much this week. I've been pretty busy, plus I've been getting horrible headaches again due to taking a (small) increase in Venlafaxine. I'm now taking 35mg three times a day until I see my psychiatrist in a fortnight. It seemed to really help for a couple of days, as I'd got to the stage where I thought the medication was actually making me worse in that I've been much more tearful and depressed than I was without Venlafaxine and was about to give up on it altogether, but then I was back to crying, being anxious and feeling rubbish this morning. It's been six weeks since I started taking this stuff. I just wish I could see some of the same positive results as other people seem to be doing. :weep:

Sorry for complaining! It's been such a lovely day today as well. I'm going to cheer myself up by baking a cake, so I hope everyone else's weekend has been going okay!

pinkdove
06-10-12, 19:07
mira great to hear from you, and 6 weeks is still early days fo the ven,it is a cse of getting your dose right too, but you are doing well hunni,you are not complaining, we are all here for you xxx

tony :welcome: to our ven buddy club, reading through your post i could have written it myself when i was first ill, so i know what you are going through, you said you came off the ven last time with no side effects, that has given me great hope, not that i want to come off them yet, but its nice to know it can be done, try to make the most of the spanish sunshine, this illness makes you stronger, and if you have beat it before you will again, we will all be here for you xx

tracey really pleased you are feeling better, maybe you are turning a corner i hope so xx

pip are you walking or sleeping lol check in and let us know you're ok xx

hope everyone else is ok xxx

Pipkin
06-10-12, 20:12
Hi all,

I'm great thanks - been doing a bit of both Pink! Just off to have some dinner and then I'll be back for the quiz if anyone feels like joining in. I'll check back in here later - I haven't had the chance to read all the posts today yet.

Pip xxx

TJSMITH
07-10-12, 11:42
Morning lovely people and welcome tony.

Where is everyone? Hope you all ok.

I'm feeling it a bit this morning after a good couple days probably due to the glasses of wine last night, think may have to give that up completely. Im also not good on a Sunday especially with hubby at work.
Well best get up and busy as reading in bed really not working.

Check in later. X

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Pip you had a blip recently? Pleased you better

nicola1980
07-10-12, 12:05
Hi guys, im not good at the min, my mum had her mammogram 2 weeks ago and shes had a letter to go back for another screening on wed :ohmy: and of course alsorts is going through my mind and i can't think rationally about it, i feel so scared :weep: xxxx

TJSMITH
07-10-12, 12:26
Hi Nic
Sorry to hear that Hun bit fingers crossed it will be Ok. My sister in law only 32 and had two lumps removed and went through another scare earlier this year and like you thought the worst but eventually confirmed was benign. Try not to read too much into it as like you I thought the worst especially as she was told it looked abnormal and treated as urgent.

Big :hugs: xxx

Pipkin
07-10-12, 12:48
Hi everyone,

I'm mid-walk, sitting having a picnic by a lake. Beautiful weather here and very peaceful.

Nic - sorry to hear about your mum. Mine had exactly the same a few years back and it turned out fine but I know they doesn't really help you at the moment. Stay strong and you'll see that things will work out fine.

Tony - a warm :welcome: to our little thread and I hope it's helpful for you. We're a friendly bunch and you'll find it very supportive here.

I hope everyone's ok today. I'll be back later when I'm home.

Take care

Pip xxx

pinkdove
07-10-12, 19:05
tracey yea maybe give the wine a miss just till you settle doen on the meds, hard i know i didnt drink at all for 8 weeks after starting ven, but im fine now, just relax the rest of the night, i know sundays can be tough xx

nicola, i answered your post about your mum, so many women asked back again and everything turns out fine, but we dont think rationally when we have anxiety, try not to worry too much im sure your mum will be fine xx

pip, a picnic by the lake sounds lovely and lovely weather too, ive had a relaxing day today, visited my mum today, and just chilled the rest of the afternoon, having a new floor laid in the kitchen tomorrow, and im excited about that, mainly because i could'nt have workmen in the house at all, and i feel quite calma about it now, so the meds must be doing something, are you finidng the 150mg helps ??? i hope so, even although it was warm today i have not suffered the sweating, so maybe thats passed now too, enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

Sober2000june
08-10-12, 10:16
Morning all,

Had a reasonably good weekend. Sat night was a really good night managed to enjoy myself - first night out since i stopped drinkling that i wasnt clock watching all night.

take care all

Tony52
08-10-12, 10:55
Hello again everyone,
big thanks to pink,pip and TJ for their lovely welcome and words of encouragement.Also anyone else who may say hello or welcome. It does feel very comfortable to be here with you all.Didn't have a great day yesterday and a bit anxious and low this morning. Maybe because it is only day 5 of 225mg and has to settle in my system.I don't know.I'm sure I will feel better later and write a longer post of what I realy wan't to say.I can normally write anything down in a post just off the top of my head,like most people,but I find I have to almost plan out what I want to say. I should be realy happy over here in Spain with sunny weather every day at the moment and due to be 28c today.Unfortunately got the sweats more than usual the past couple of days as well.Nice breeze here as well most of the time.Just talked to my sister on skype and she said it was raining at her place in Epsom.

Nic I'm sure things will work out for your dear mum and she will be fine.

pink I'm glad you got some encouragement from my comments about coming off Ven,which hopefully we will all do at some time when we are back to our old selfs.One thing I do remember about it is that I didn't even know at the time that it can make you feel realy bad coming off it.Maybe it was my ignorance in not knowing that,but I like to think it wasn't.When I was doing self-help from Feb to mid June this year I was convinced I could beat this illness ,but it came to the point where I was feeling worse everyday instead.One of my mistakes I think was doing quite a bit of google search on meds,depression and anxiety in trying to find things that will make me better.I don't do it now.There's a lot of negative stuff out there.I just had to see my GP and got Ven as it had worked before.Sorry about ramblin' on a bit.Speak to you all later I hope..............when I'm sure I will feel much better.Gotta be positive. :)

TJSMITH
08-10-12, 12:23
Morning all
Hello tony I am a terrible googler especially when anxiety high.
How is everyone ?

I'm still on edge arghh I know you guys on different med but at four months is this normal?
I was put on it for anxiety I never had the constant thoughts could the meds be causing it rather than helping?

I just don't get it after two good weeks the only thing I can think is I'm not as busy but I don't want a life of running I used to love me time.

Nic, pip and pink how are you? Ever so quiet on here.

Pipkin
08-10-12, 13:17
Hi everyone,

Making sure I get a lunch break today or auntie Pink will tell me off for working too hard! I had a lovely weekend and I'm feeling quite peaceful today. Only a little anxiety this morning which is a big improvement.

How's everyone else today?

Pip xxx

nicola1980
08-10-12, 14:31
Hi all, welcome Tony sorry don't think ive welcomed you yet :blush: im feeling a bit calmer today and thinking more rationally about things, am still worried about my mum but it will soon be wed and im going with her so fingers crossed, Tracy sorry your still struggling :hugs: according to my cpn the thoughts and analysing are all normal in our recovery and eventually will pass, she described this illness as a rollercoaster and it bloody well is :mad: Pip yep make sure you get your break or Pink will put you on the naughty step :D big :hugs: to everyone else xx

spawn
08-10-12, 14:33
Im pretty good 2day thanx, got loads of jobs to do at work so keeping busy!
I found that googling made me worse, ive even stopped looking on NMP at certain threads because i was like 'maybe thats what ive got..etc'.. i worrying about stuff like that i will never get better because someone else has been like it for 20 yrs!
Everyones different, and you have to help yourself!

Oh well 2 weeks and il be on my way to get married in Cyprus! eeekkkk
Thinking positive that i will be ok!
Gav.

TJSMITH
08-10-12, 14:52
Yep I must learn to stop the googling.

Nic with the thoughts do you get the fear? Really am fed up when thought I was getting there. Pleased you feel calmer today Nic x

nicola1980
08-10-12, 14:55
yep i get the fear and its horrible, scares the living daylights out of me :ohmy: but my cpn assures me its normal for anxiety sufferers and it does get better we just need to build our confidence back up again xx

TJSMITH
08-10-12, 15:25
Hmmm it's just that I yo yo one min positive the next scared really drained with it now. Thanks for reassurance though Nic :)

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

Ps I don't even know what I'm scared of its just the constant thinking and this seems to be a long blip

nicola1980
08-10-12, 15:27
Im the same at the min, it is draining aswel, make sure you rest our bodies need to recover :bighug1: xx

TJSMITH
08-10-12, 15:28
I rest I get worse and upset :mad: grrrrr

nicola1980
08-10-12, 15:33
use your lorazepam to help you hun on the bad days xx

TJSMITH
08-10-12, 15:35
Will try that does it help with the fear and thoughts

nicola1980
08-10-12, 15:38
diazepam does with me so i would've thought lorazepam would as its slightly stronger than diazepam xx

Tony52
08-10-12, 17:07
Hi again,feeling a bit better now and as usual it will last until I go to bed,which is great.
Several of us on here have said we google ,and thinking about it,I have usually done it with high anxiety.It's a vicious circle ,cos I'm looking for a positive answer ,but there seems to be more out there to make the anxiety even worse.That's why I resist it now. I go on this site for the last week ,which is so informative about most things I want to know about.Only other one I use is a site that has a simpler than most CBT type course in modules.Can't do with some of these that seem so complicated and make you feel worse instead of better 'cos I can't understand it.Let myself down doing it for a long time ,but will put my mind to it to start from scratch again and finish it.Meds alone is not the answer I know.Self-help has to be done,but I let myself down on this at the moment.Mainly lack of energy and 'can't be bothered' attitude. Every night I say to myself I will feel better in the morning.Saturday was the first day in a long time I have felt O.K. in the morning and I did a few things. From today I am going to write a list of things to do tomorrow and tick them of as I do them. I have done these sort of self-help things in the past and they have helped along with the meds. For some reason this episode is the first one where I have felt a real 'can't be bothered' feeling.Another vicious circle of not doing anything and feeling worse for it.Gotta do something about it.
Over the last few days I have got through the first 400 posts on this thread and it is a journal or journey of how people on here are getting on from day to day.Most of us have had a lot of ups and downs in our illness which most of us know will happen.I have found in the past that when I start getting a normal nights sleep,wake up without feeling anxious and the sweats go,things do get better.Sleep isn't as bad as it was back in June,July time,but not back to normal yet.Always get off to sleep O.K. and then awake a few times in the night and usually get back to sleep again.
I am only on ven and have noticed quite a few on here are also on other meds as well.I guess that lorazepam,diazepam and mertazepam are sedative type meds.I have only ever been on one AD at a time and nothing else with my periods of depression/anxiety. I keep an eye on my BP with one of those Omron monitors as only other med I take is ramipril 5mg which is a small dose for BP. Again anxiety caused me worry about that as you have to use Ven with care when on BP med.My BP is at a reasonable level so that is good.Well,gonna have a couple of beers outside with the neighbours in the sunshine soon.Nice breeze at the moment. Hope we all have a nice evening. :) :yesyes:

miraiiro
08-10-12, 20:55
Tony - Hi and welcome to the thread! It's a bit belated, so sorry about that. :blush:

Nicola - I'm sorry to hear about your mum. It's only natural for you to be worried, so I hope it goes well for her. :hugs:

Lastly, I'm very sorry for coming here to moan yet again, but I've been having an awful day where I've been crying loads yet again. I've cried nearly every single day since I've been on Venlafaxine, and I'm sick of it. I'm annoying myself and I'm sure it's starting to get on other people's nerves as well. I think it upset me a bit to hear a friend of mine who I haven't seen for a few weeks comment that Venlafaxine hasn't seem to have made any difference to me, but then again, it also didn't help when she told me that I was just feeling sorry for myself and that I need to stop crying because I have nothing to be depressed about anymore. I know both those things are probably true, but it still hurt to hear them. I wish I could stop crying, I really do, but I feel horrible for no reason at all and it just isn't getting any better. Mornings have always been bad for me, but at least I could cope with them before. Now I can't cope at all. I see my psychiatrist next week, thankfully, but I'm scared of taking another increase in case it makes me worse. I'm really sorry for being so miserable but I just don't know how much longer I can carry on like this. I feel awful because everyone else is being so positive and getting on well with this medication, and I just don't know what to do anymore. :weep:

kittikat
08-10-12, 21:21
Mira, sorry to hear you are still not feeling any better. Try not to be so hard on yourself eh? You are seeing your psych next week so hopefully that will help :hugs:

Nic, sorry to hear about your mum hun, thinking about you. My, you've had a tough couple of weeks but you sound like you are keeping positive. Well done :hugs:

Tony - a belated welcome to you too :) I can relate to a lot of things you have said. I also take meds for high BP and this was a worry for me when I started ven.

I am doing ok, I just have an awful cold/flu type thing so this has bought me down a little the past couple of days, but I remain positive that the ven is helping me.

Pip, Pink, Tracey, Paul (and sorry if I have forgotten anyone) I hope you are all doing well. Take care all :bighug1: Kitti x

Sober2000june
09-10-12, 11:51
Morning Kitti/ Tracey,

Still plodding along on 225 waiting for the miracle. Had a really good night on Saturday, so trying to hold onto that. The Psychiatrist i was hoping to see has told me to "go fish" as i am apparently not in catchment area. This is contrary to what my GP thinks and many others as I live in Glasgow I should be able to be treated by a consultant in any Hospital within the Greater Glasgow umbrella:mad: . Anyhoo, Looks like work are going to be paying for a private shrink, just trying to getting finances sorted out. The bizarre think about the Shrink who "can't see me", he informed my GP's practice; if I have no success with a consultant in my catchment area come back to him and he'll see what he can do:wacko:.
I try not to be a cynic, but sometimes it’s hard!
Tracey its interesting that you mention your yo yo moods, I can totally empathise. You should read Sally Bramptons stuff - she wrote shoot that damn dog. It took her many yrs to get a proper diagnosis and when she got it she was diagnosed bipolarII, which is rapid cycling of moods. Please do not think I am offering a diagnosis it's just interesting the symptoms you describe. I also think it is wise you are thinking about the effects of alcohol whilst on meds.

Take care,
Paul:hugs:

Pipkin
09-10-12, 12:41
Afternoon all,

Taking a nice stroll over lunch as the weather's still good here - chilly but sunny. I'm still improving day by day and I'm easily back to where I was when I was at my best on 75mg. Just a bit of a crampy stomach but not too bad.

How's everyone else doing today?

Pink - I hope you're still doing ok. I met a Yorkie when I was out with Freddie on Sunday and I thought of you. It was the tiniest thing I've ever seen and it wouldn't stop barking - poor Freddie didn't know what to make of it. He's friendly with even very big dogs but was a bit scared of this one. They're feisty little things, aren't they?

Tony - it's good to hear you're finding some of the posts on here useful. Reading through the first 400 must have been a challenge! I should do that one day as it would be a good way of seeing how we've all changed and hopefully improved along the way.

Kitti - how are you today? It's awful when we feel ill and I know it can make the anxiety rear its ugly head again. You're still doing so well and you'll be back on form when your cold's gone. Hopefully this means that you won't catch another one all winter. I usually get a cracking bout of cold around now and then make it through to next year unscathed. Fingers crossed.

Hi to everyone else and :hugs: for anyone who's not feeling too good.

Take care

Pip xxx

spawn
09-10-12, 13:18
Hi all, just dropping in!

Woke with a headache today, but its passed now, feeling pretty good today which is good! Ringing in ears has been quite bad last couple of days tho?
Starting to enjoy work again, well as much as you can enjoy work!..lol

Sorry some of you are having a hard time :(
We have all been there!

TJSMITH
09-10-12, 14:43
Hi all
Thought say Hello. Paul you got me worried now lol as never had this yo yo effect until this year when got ill so assumed it was all tied in and its more my thoughts than moods. Hope im not bi polar :blush:. I am going to give a bit longer then go private i think but not sure it will be any different to a gp apart from the fact they can possibly answer my questions better.

Im a little better this afternoon keeping busy again and trying my best not to let the thoughts upset me and go with it but bloody hard when for two weeks almost a breeze to get through the day and now working hard again sigh.
Pip you always sound chirpy which is good :).

Hope everyone else ok?? Off to get kids will check back in later xxx

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Spawn
Pleased you doing okx

Tony52
09-10-12, 14:57
Good afternoon all,
gawd blimey,that last post of mine was a load of ramblin' old codswallop.Don't I go on.Dunno how anybody could follow it.This one will be easier to understand I promise.My brain was not working properly yesterday but ticking over O.K. today. :doh:

pip looking at the posts from the start is very interesting to see how you have all got on.I admit I do flit through them but try to take it all in.

paul I think you and me are the only ones here on 225mg.I'm surviving and only on day 6 and got sweats more in the morning the last couple of days,but being positive.

mira I hope things will improve for you on your current dose of ven.The positive and good feelings will come soon I am sure as I think it's still fairly early days for you.l am on 16 weeks now and although no worse than the start I keep thinking I should be better than I am,but I still feel positive about it.

Gav best wishes on your forthcoming wedding in Cyprus.The weather should be nice over there.

kittikat yes this BP thing and ven was a worry and my GP said 225mg was gonna be the max for me.If it doesn't work out after about another 6 weeks,it will be another med for me.I'm positive in my mind that ven will work again and make me feel better and back to my normal self.

I do feel for all of you going through a hard time,as I sincerely know how it feels.

All of you having a good day today,I hope it continues tomorrow and every other day from now on.

I am having a so so day but trying to stay positive and upbeat.
Take care and best wishes. :byebye:

karenp
09-10-12, 16:42
Hi every one, hope every one's ok today (:
I'm finally off Mirtazapine but going through some pretty rough Wd effects at the mo, I had my head down the loo for an hour this morning too Nicola!!! I had such a bad panic attack too that I rang the crisis team but this lady I spoke to insisted Mirt can't give you wd effects even though peoples experiences are all over the net! My own doctor told me some people can have a real hard time getting off it so phew... maybe there is hope I'll settle and be ok in a few days time. If not and I have really become such an anxious sleepless wreck (I was wide awake at 3am last night), I don't know where I'll go from here as Ven is def a no no for me too and I had my Diazepam cut to just 1mg today! Oh I'm a whinging effort aren't I? ha ha!!
There's 3 little yorkies in this very house by the way, my Mum and Dad's 2 and then my extra big YORKIE (who's actually half Westie so she is Westie size but yorkie colours!) My Mum's little Daisy is a madam and just tried to start on a rottie waiting outside of school, ha ha!

nicola1980
09-10-12, 18:53
Karen i was the same coming off mirt...had horrific panic attacks and my head down the kitchen sink every morning :ohmy: it really was horrific and i went from 30mg to 0 in 2 weeks. well not a good night for me, my mums off for her follow up appointment after her mammogram tomo mornng and to say im petrified is mild :weep: i feel sick to my stomach and im shaking like a leaf, just got to get through tonight as best i can, mums not good either i took her to the docs this morning who prescribed her some diazepam to help her, please all pray for us tonight xxxxx

Pipkin
09-10-12, 18:59
Nic,

I'll be thinking about you both tonight and tomorrow. I hope it all goes ok :hugs:

Pip xxx

nicola1980
09-10-12, 19:00
Thanks Pip :hugs: xx

TJSMITH
09-10-12, 19:11
Thinking of you Nic sending good luck vibes xxx

nicola1980
09-10-12, 19:16
Thanks Tracy :hugs: xx

Tony52
09-10-12, 19:22
Nic,my thoughts and prayers are with you and your dear mum tonight and tomorrow.It will turn out fine.Best wishes. :hugs:

nicola1980
09-10-12, 19:22
Thanks Tony :hugs: xx

clio51
09-10-12, 20:16
Hi all,

Nic, sure everthing will be fine tomoz for your mum, xx

Gav not long now to wedding you sound very well.

welcome to newbies

well not good week r so for me more down days than up, still on 75mg now got the slow release. it'smy 3 rd week on ven alone so maybe early days. got to go back doc's in 2 weeks if no diff maybe upping them.
still very anxious sometimes so thats when I take the diazepam(thank god for that)

good news some of us are doing well

:bighug1:

kittikat
09-10-12, 22:01
Nic, big hugs for you and mum :bighug1: will be thinking of you. Kitti xxx

clio51
10-10-12, 10:21
hi all

well still not sleeping good, waking at least twice and then when I do wake up in the morning I get palpations on the instant I open my eyes aghhhhh. This puts me on a downer straight away(why can't I wake up normal) plus the bathroom heaving.
From getting downstairs a and round 9.30 I feel like iv'e got to rush I get drink to calm me then I think 10am better take my tablets(even through I am not ready or wanting to take them yet ive only just got up!!) I have to take these with biscuit as I can't eat first thing never have. i then watch tv for hour then breakfast, then get ready by then it can be 12am. morning gone!!!
I am finding this hard to deal with, but at the same time I can't seem to do it any quicker or I get wound up.

So am I alone in thinking and doing this????:unsure:

hope everyone is ok and well xx

kittikat
10-10-12, 11:03
Clio,

I have started waking in the night and toss & turn until I go back to sleep. I also get up around 9-9:30 and apart from the heaving, I have palps, dizziness and am a little edgy until I take my diazepam. The palps actually don't bother me too much now, I have had them for years anyway. I feel exactly the same as you. I literally have to force a biscuit down to take my ven. I find it very hard to get going in the mornings.

So just to say, you are not alone :hugs: hope you feel better this afternoon. Kitti.

nicola1980
10-10-12, 11:14
Hi all, well my mums fine :D she had an ultrasound that showed a cluster of cysts in her left breast which they drained and got rid of there and then, the relief i feel is overwhelming as i was so scared, thankyou for all your best wishes x x x

kittikat
10-10-12, 11:40
Aww, thats brilliant news Nicola, I am so pleased for you both. You must be so relieved. Hopefully you can concentrate on your own recovery now :hugs: xxx

Tony52
10-10-12, 11:41
Hi Nic,I just knew last night that your mum was gonna be O.K. Our thoughts and prayers have been answered.All those positive vibes were here for your mum.Great news for you both.Hugs for you :hugs:and hugs for your mum :hugs:

karenp
10-10-12, 11:44
Nicola I am so so sorry to hear about your Mum. That's all you need and I make no wonder she needs Diazepam. She must be so worried. Hopefully it'll be nothing to worry about at all though and I hope you find that out really fast so you can both put your minds at rest. I'll bet you are shaking like a leaf darl. What an awful year for you xxxx

Tony52
10-10-12, 11:57
Hi clio and kitti,I have similar feelings to you both in the morning .I try to get out of bed by 8 to 8-30 a.m. but last few days, hard for me to get motivated to do anything. Have had the sweats for a few days after upping to 225mg a week ago.I'm also finding it hard to deal with.I realy hope that this will all pass but know I have got to help myself .

kittikat
10-10-12, 12:10
Tony, you are so right, half the battle is not focusing on all those awful feelings we get so as you say, we do have to help ourselves. I try and just shake it off, some days it's a little harder than others but positivity is the key I think. I have had to use all my CBT tools to help me through, but I must say it has helped and I cope much better with all the physical symptoms now.

By the way, my daughter is in Spain at the moment, Estepona, she is having a great time, but I really miss her. She will be home at the weekend thankfully.

Have a great day :)

Tony52
10-10-12, 12:43
kitti I bet your daughter is enjoying herself.Further south than me In the Marbella region on the coast.I am in Almeria province about 40 mins inland from Mojacar on the coast .Lovely and peaceful and I normally have a great time here,but unfortunately I should be a lot happier here than I am .Great neighbours here but don't socialise with them as much as I should or used to do when I was O.K. Another thing that makes me anxious ,cos it is not in my nature to be like that.Just starting to get into first gear and it's 1.30 p.m. here already.That's life at the moment but it will get better. :)

Pipkin
10-10-12, 14:01
Nic - great news about your mum. Mine went through exactly the same and is fine. It must be a huge weight off your mind!

Pip xx

Sober2000june
10-10-12, 14:24
Tony its early days on the 225. My body used to think it was in the Amazon jungle, but thankfully it has settled down. I think the fact ive put on 35 lbs since i started this has not helped with the ol' sweats either:blush:. I spent a decade cutting out sweets biscuits to help with the depression (it helps slightly) ironically since i've started the meds ive gone f it!, which will not be helping for mood swings.

TJSMITH
10-10-12, 18:24
Hello all

First of all pleased your mum ok Nic, my sister in lw found more lumps last week but kept that from you lol she went Monday and was a cluster of benign cists too and told to do with hormones.

Well last two days im back on form :D went xmas shopping today which was supposed to be dress shopping lol as going to a wedding new years eve which will be lovely and first time out in 12 years, decided i wont drink but enjoy it with my little kiddies instead (if they last).

How is everyone else today??

Sober2000june
10-10-12, 18:53
good for you Tracey:)
Good news about your mum Nicola. I can empathise, my mum was admitted last month with heart pains and had an angiogram. She in her wsidom decided to stop her pain meds abruptly and had a reaction. Think doc gave her a slap on wrists as did I.

nicola1980
10-10-12, 18:58
Thanks everyone, i can't tell you how relieved i am, i hardly slept last night and when we got back from the hospital i was that emotionally exhausted i went to bed for an hour and the peace in my mind was lovely :D god i love my mum!!! xxxxxxx

Pipkin
10-10-12, 20:28
Thanks everyone, i can't tell you how relieved i am, i hardly slept last night and when we got back from the hospital i was that emotionally exhausted i went to bed for an hour and the peace in my mind was lovely :D god i love my mum!!! xxxxxxx

That calm after the storm feeling is great! You can finally have a good night's sleep. What a lovely daughter you are to support your mum like that when you're suffering so much yourself. You deserve a big :hugs:, a little :weep: of relief and then a :D

Pip xxx

karenp
11-10-12, 09:51
So relieved for you and your Mum Nicola. Hopefully you can enjoy what's left of this year now.

Tracey, you sound so so much better too darl. I've not even thought about Christmas yet and usually have stuff even wrapped by this time, ha ha ha! I love Christmas.

Gav it can't be long off that wedding of yours now!!!!

Hope every one else is ok today (:

I was only asleep for 2 hours last night but managed not to go into a panic attack even though I was up and down all night long being sick as I'm still having my Mirt Wd do dars! I've been off it a week on Sunday though and my mood is brilliant already so even though I'm still quite anxious at times, spesh during the night if I'm having to count them sheep, I'm still glad I've come off and just hope I'll suddenly start sleeping well again and my anxiety will disappear. It better do! lol! We've all missed most of this year thanks to depression and anxiety so I dunno aobut you but I am def looking forward to Christmas (:

alfredo1
11-10-12, 10:49
Grrrr, i think the venlafaxine has stopped working for me. I'm on 225mg. I've been on since april.

I've never felt 100% but they worked OK for me.

Last weekend i noticed that I wasn't sleeping well, this week my anxiety has kicked in. Tingly, weight loss, mind extremly unsettled.

Has anyone ever known of anyone being on 300mg of the Venlafaxine - or is that just totally ridiculous???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kerrie

clio51
11-10-12, 12:06
Hi Guys

need some advice, usual morning anxiety seem to be struggling more this morning focusing on symptoms.

well just took slow release ven about hour ago for first morning along with diazepam and don't know if it's mind over matter but started to feel really tired(only just bloody got up lol) then started to get sickly feeling(don't know if it's anxiety build up) well about hour later was SICK!!! heaving.:weep:
because if this is so need to get another precription for other as got no left and it's nearly weekend.
as anybody had this or similar changing over to slow release?? 75mg
would appreciate feed back ASAP.

cheers

Sober2000june
11-10-12, 14:22
Clio, You should call your doc surgery and ask for a telephone consult with your GP. He/she should be able to give you prescription and you/ friend can pop in and collect.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Hi Kerrie, was just thinking of you recently - wondering if you're still on 225. I'm in a similar boat, been on 225 11 weeks(start wk 12 tomorrow). Currently waiting to get a consultant as ive been in the woods for 4 months now(sacked the last one as he suffered from ****ism). The one i was recently trying to see told my GP that maybe i should go private(no probs, if he'll pay my NI contributions-recon i'd be quids in!). However if you have been pretty stable for quite a while it could possibly be a blip. Have you been stretching yourself in last few weeks i.e. late nights, drinking more than usual, taking caffeine etc..?

Thing is you know you have had relief, so no reason why it wont return:)take care peeps:hugs:
Paul

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

hows the Yorkshire cohort getting on?:)

pinkdove
11-10-12, 15:08
hi guys sorry ive not posted for a while, but have had to go to see my gp this morning, and im told i have a trapped nerve, the pain has been really bad this week, he wanted to give me amitryptiline, but i refused, as you all know i am already taking effexor, so gave me co codamol, and diazapam, to help with the pain, came home took a diazapm and 2 painkillers and slept for nearly 2 hours.

nicola so pleased about your mum xx

paul, you are still struggling, hope you get to see someone soon xx

clio i had no problems going on to slow release caps, i agree with paul, ring for a telephone consultation, hope you feel better soon xx

alfredo, i have been on ven since feb so 8 months in all, and have never really felt 100% but they have mad me feel so much better i think the meds can only to so much, but i cant comment on 300g, maybe pip can help you there xx

pip how are you coping with the 150mg ???? im feeling a bit low just now, but i think its the pain, and i always get anxious when im poorly, hope you are well,

gave good luck with your wedding, how are you feeling ???

tracey are you any better hunni ????

spawn
11-10-12, 15:20
Yep the wedding is fast approaching! Only 12 days til i fly to Cyprus!
Im feeling pretty good at the moment, coping well on 150mg, still getting headaches and weird dreams but can live with that. I never want to go back to that place i was 3 months ago!
Im slowly feeling my old self, and feeling happier with everything, there is light at the end of the tunnel! :)

clio51
11-10-12, 16:03
paul & Pink thanks I have rand doc's someone will ring me to moz, I will still try another 75mg slow release tomoz( I will be scared stiff i know i'm a right baby) but I hate all these symptoms they still freak me out even after all this time!!:scared15:

does anyone think taking 75mg gives you a high anxiety? until it starts slowly releasing( uh I don't know prob talking load of rubbish)

Had to take another 2mg of diazepam sooo anxious, symptoms etc trying sooo hard not to focus on them distraction but you can only do so much of that(i'm so negative) I hate havingmore knockbacks I need to feel ok again to build confidence and feel better it's just over 3 weeks now on 75mg alone. just thank god for diazepam thats all I can say. Off food again!! like I need it never really got my appetite back meals are a chore for me god I wish I could get that feeling back where you really fancy something to eat. don't what to lose anymore weight!

Gav you are doing soo well, to think few weeks ago you thought you might have to cancel!! your so brave going to another country.

Kitti how are you doing today ?

And anybody else who's having a good or bad day:bighug1:

Pipkin
11-10-12, 16:36
Hi all,

Just a quick check-in. All is well here and I'm feeling fine.

Pink - thought you'd been quiet but I thought you'd been busy. Chin up Pinkie, you'll be fine! I have total faith it your ability to get through anything. You're very strong!

Clio - no probs here with slow release. I didn't notice any difference. Your mind could be playing tricks on you?

Kerrie - the max dose for anxiety is 225mg but it's 375 mg for depression. I doubt if you'd benefit from an increase. A chat with your GP's your best bet.

Must dash

Take care

Pip x

clio51
11-10-12, 19:01
Hi
Doctor rang back later this afternoon, and said to half the slow release for 4-6 days!!! said it might be to much for me???

don't think I will, just try it again tomorrow :scared15: see how it goes just have the diazepam ready lol

slowfish
12-10-12, 11:29
Hi All

Been a while since I've posted but usually read the posts every day to keep up with everyones progress.

Great to hear you are doing so well gav
Sorry to hear about your trapped nerve pink, must be really ouchy :-(
Glad you're doing ok on the increase pip :-)
Kerrie - its just a case of finding the best dose, as I only know well! - we'll get there!
hope everyone else doing ok

So GP agreed to reduce dose to 150mg and said it would be OK to reduce straight away, no tapering - so I've been on 150mg since Tuesday. After about 10 weeks on 225mg I was just so hacked off that I didn't feel any better so maybe dose was too high. I was only on 150mg for 4 weeks before increasing to 225mg so perhaps didn't give 150mg long enough.

Been feeling really tired this week and generally run down - full of cold. Hopefully there won't be too many side effects with reducing. I know everyones experience is different.

Sober2000june
12-10-12, 11:35
Hi Pink,

Yeh, still struggling. Not holding out much hope for new shrink, but trying to. I think a change of meds maybe needed; constant headaches, mood lower than a snakes b0ll0cks, now a new thing - acid reflux:mad:. Not to mention, ive put on so much weight i have my own moon now!:blush: I'm really starting to hate work now as the job i am doing is as cerebral as breaking rocks - I'm jealous of people who can daydream happy thoughts. Wife away today for 4 days to Europe with two eldest, so Im watching my 2 yrs old all weekend. i'll try and get the miles in walking in his buggy. Im sorry for the moan folks, but after almost 3 months on 225mg and on venla since 30th March, i'm just so tired feeling like this and really can't be @rsed changing to med No 5 if thats what shrink(when or if I eventually get one) said.

Sorry about the gramar or spelling folks, but as i said earlier, just cant be @rsed:lac:

If any of you 225er's are making a breakthro please chime in.

Kind regards,

Paul

Off to boxcasise in 20 mins thank god!

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

That is creepy slowfish, that your post came out when i put mine up:scared15:

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

please let me know how you get on cus i am absolutely p!ssed off on 225:mad:

nicola1980
12-10-12, 12:29
Hi all, sorry your feeling so bad Paul :hugs: really hope you get a physchatrist appointment soon, do you think you could be on a too higher dose maybe? its so hard getting the dosages right for these bloody meds :mad: Pink sorry to hear about your neck, i had a car accident a few years ago and suffered severe whiplash and a twisted spine and even now my neck plays up sometimes so i feel your pain, take the diazepam to help you. hope you feel better soon :hugs: slowfish good luck on the decrease, Clio how are you today after your second slow release tab? hope everyone else is ok :hugs: im feeling loads better now wednesday is over, its just left me emotionally drained so just been relaxing the past 2 days xxxx

pinkdove
12-10-12, 12:47
hi guys, paul i think your dose might be too high, and i know how you feel about changing meds, its a nightmare, and the low mood is the worse, i started ven in feb, so you are jst about a month behind me, now i was speaking to laura who like you was taking 225mg of ven but didnt get a lot better, she has been prescribed olazapam (dont know if thats how you spell it ) as an add on and feels great now,just a thought, enjoy your time with your wee boy, and i hope you feel better soon xx

slowfish, im glad you have reduced, i increased after 4 weeks too, and sometimes wonder if i would have settled ok on a lower dose, let us know how the reduction goes, and good luck with it, hope your cold gets better soon too xx

clio hope you are ok too xx

nicola you sound so much better now you know your mums ok, what a worry for you, glad it all turned out ok and well done for being there for her, as i know how good she has been with you xx

pip,tracey,karen,gav,kerry,and all the gang hope you are all ok xx

pain slightly better today, but having another day at home, just chillin, will go out tomorrow if it gets a bit better, dose anyone else feel like they know they're on meds with the ven ???

clio51
12-10-12, 14:07
Hi All,

Hope everyone is ok and managing ?

well woke up usual way anxious and palps( god I wish I could wake normal again)
seems ages ago since done that and yet I still can't get used to the anxious feeling you would of thought i'd be able to accept this by now but it still freaks me.
well this morning was dreading taking second day of slow 75mg after being sick and feeling like I did yesterday! so today I rook it in my stride had a drink first and about 30mins later built myself up to having weetabix(don't eat first thing)
about 10mins later took diazepam and 5 mins later ven (was really dreading itcause it bad enough dealing with anxiety/panic and now bloody depression alone without being sick)
but yes I was OK thank god so it's made me a bit more relaxed about it.
really can't wait to start feeling bit better in both anxiety and mood feel as if I have to push myself and it doesn't come natural any more no enthusiasum (bad spelling):doh

Sober2000june
12-10-12, 14:10
Thanks Nicola and Pink,

I have been keeping in contact with her aslo and have mentioned the olanzapine to my doc. He is reserved to prescribe it until we get a consultant. If i dont hear something soon i think ill start using the 2 weeks of 37.5 venlalic with my efexor to reduce to 187.5. I definately cannotelax the same in the evening as i used to. As you say "having another day at home, just chillin" sounds like a unobtainable dream to me:weep:. Looking back i was able to read in the vening and play video games with the boys when on Citalopram and even Mirtazapine. maybe a lower dose will reduce the anxiety and give me the more chilled out head im looking for. Feel like a shark at moment - keep moving or drown:wacko:

slowfish
12-10-12, 14:40
Paul - hopefully reducing is the way forward. I feel pretty rough today so probably reducing too quickly - just feel run down, really tired and very negative. Next time I see GP I'm going to ask if there is anything else that can be added, if thats helped Laura.

joy
12-10-12, 15:02
if anyone is missing me i've gone over to the prozac forum as have been changed over to that. Still not doing well and having many side effects on Prozac.

Paul sounds like you need an add on like olanzapine, seroquel or risperidone they are anti pyscotics but anti anxiety at lower dose
There is also pregabalin which does the same.They can work miracles. Olanzapine worked great for me but gave me the rare side effect of very swollen ankles which put pressure on the heart so was taken off, Grrrr

Joy

Tufty
12-10-12, 16:40
I'm still here too! I check in on you guys regular but don't post.

I was doing great but have had increasing anxiety for the last 10 days or so, I think I had a virus - lots of headaches, hot/cold, diarrhoea, tired, sore throat, aching , but all that could just be anxiety:doh: and it's got worse in the past 48 hours and feel like the proverbial. I was having days when I didn't give the anxiety a thought, now I'm trying not to be consumed by it again.

On the positive side I've been to yoga for the first time today, not the energetic, muscle bound, sweating stuff more breathing, lying on the floor and getting into comprimising positions that seems to put pressure on your bowels to release excess gas :blush:. Felt awful when I arrived, had some serious wobbles midway but left feeling more confident, less panicky and with my head held high when I left (and my buttocks firmly clenched until I got home - I'm sure that's good exercise).

An early night after some Zopiclone tonight me thinks - hadn't taken any for over 3 months but needs must.

Love and hugs to all
Samx x x

Tony52
12-10-12, 17:56
Hi Everyone, sounds like some of us are struggling on 225mg Ven. I am on that dose for last 9 days and last few days have felt worse. Giving it another 5 days and if things still go downhill or feel no better I'm gonna lower it to 150mg.Was on that for just over 5 weeks till 9 days ago.Started Ven on June 19th and can honestly say that I have never felt more than about 50% better on some days. Usually worse than that. I realy hate meds,putting chemicals into my body.I can't face another med. I have been through all that with 3 meds one after the other until Ven worked, a few years ago and that was the worst time in my life.Ven was the the one that worked on 75mg on the last 2 episodes.Why doesn't it work now? So frustrating this meds business. Got to try to get on with the on line CBT as I have to help myself,as I did in the past. Just don't seem to have the energy to do anything much.

Hope everyone else is O.K. and feeling better as each day passes. :yesyes:

To all of us on 225mg. I do hope things will get better for us one way or another.We gotta stay positive and know we will get better. :yesyes:

Pipkin
12-10-12, 23:32
Hi all,

Sorry I've not been posting a lot recently - I'm still here and reading every post. Just been very busy at work and then taking it easy when I get a minute to myself. I like being busy though and I'm feeling pretty good at the minute.

Although I don't reply to you all individually, I'll reply if I think I can help with something. Overall though, I just wanted to say that we can all get there - no matter how bad things can seem (and I've been there like all of us have) there really is light at the end of the tunnel. It's quite a long, dark tunnel sometimes though and it seems to be mainly uphill.

If you ever need anything, I'm never far away.

Take care

Pip xxx

rockbottok
13-10-12, 13:08
Hi guys just chiming in to let u all know how I'm doing. :( not great at the min. Think I'm going to go c my dr on Monday and ask to be put up to 150mg as I'm really struggling. One day I'm ok and the next I could cry all day. I have no motivation. Lost interest in things I usually enjoy doing etc. maybe it could be what's been going on in my life at the mo as my aunty died on Sunday and the 2 weeks before that we had been expecting it and visiting her every day. So maybe it's just that but I hate feeling like this. :(

TJSMITH
13-10-12, 18:45
Hi all

Just quick check in, hope everyone ok?
Joy I read other med boards and saw you still struggling, big hugs and nice to hear from you.
I'm so much better last week after a ten day blip which had me scared again.
Hope everyone has an anxiety free eve or at least a low level one xxx

Pipkin
13-10-12, 19:29
Hi all,

Very quiet on here today - how are you all?

I've been out all day doing some bits and pieces, and have managed to wear myself out. I'm feeling less anxious these days than I have for a long time - my increase to 150 seems to have worked a treat.

If any of you are around later, why not drop into the quiz and join in - it would be great to see you.

Take care

Pip xxx

TJSMITH
13-10-12, 19:53
Quiz pip?

Pleased you doing well x

pinkdove
13-10-12, 20:53
tracey im going to join in the quiz :scared15: never done it befor, go into chat room and then quiz i think, why not join in to ????

spawn
13-10-12, 21:51
Hey all!
Ive been busy all day, work then clothes shopping for holiday/wedding.
Felt good today, been eating loads and in a good mood :)
The 150mg is working for me to Pip!
Hope everyone is good.

Sober2000june
13-10-12, 22:30
Evening folks,
Decided on going to 187.5 today as the headaches are really starting to become overwhelming and when i waken during night do not feel as good as a while back.

Good for you Gav. I'm hoping i can get some respite soon:whistles:.

anyhoo better go got a two yr old next to me running on adrenaline - so thats both of us bonkers:wacko: night all

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

p.s. good to hear youre better tracey

rockbottok
13-10-12, 23:18
Anyone there guys??

Pip....when did u increase? I thought u were doing fine on the 75? I'm going to ask to increase when I go to the drs on Monday. :( hate feeling like this. Did u get any side effects increasing?? That worries me :(

X

spawn
13-10-12, 23:33
I had a few side effects when increased to 150, but only for a few days. The side effects were no where as bad as the start up ones so i wouldnt worry to much.
I was worried but found it ok, and it def helped me, i crashed on 75mg, since ive increased ive been getting better every week :yesyes:

Pipkin
13-10-12, 23:50
Lou - I was doing ok on 75 but over a few months, I just seemed to be getting a little more anxious every week. I decided to ask to increase to 150 which I did a few weeks ago. Apart from a little increased anxiety for a week or so, it was a really easy transition. I have beta blockers on standby for when I get really anxious but didn't need to take them once.

I went up to 112.5mg for a week and then up to 150. Gav was braver than me and went up in one go. I'm a bit of a scaredy cat! :scared15:

I feel so much better now - really good! The increase was actually a breeze.

Pip x

Pipkin
14-10-12, 10:13
Morning everyone,

How are you all doing today and what are you up to?

Pip xx

spawn
14-10-12, 10:26
Hey Pip

I've got a headache :mad:
But apart from that I'm good, I'm off shopping again..lol
Sounds like your doing well on your increase, I am as well.
I can say apart from a few SE's that I'm feeling pretty much like my old self, lets hope it lasts!

Gav.

Pipkin
14-10-12, 10:32
Gav - I feel quite dehydrated on this dose (dry mouth, eyes) so I'm having to drink more water and I get a thumping headache if I don't.

I'm off to take the dog for a long walk, do a bit of shopping then I'm coming back for lunch and a lazy afternoon. I might even treat myself to a little beer with lunch - what an exciting life I lead!

Pip

spawn
14-10-12, 10:38
Yes Pip I did notice that as well, I always carry a bottle of water around with me.
Have a good day..x

pinkdove
14-10-12, 10:51
guys i always have a botte of water too, never thought about the meds tho' mmm. lou, i never had any problems with my increases either, so im sure you'll be fine, dont suffer if you need an increase go for it, i think ven is much easier than some ad's ive been on, hope you feel better soon xx

gav , you have been doing really well, glad you are feeling a benefit from your increase, sunds like your turning a corner, so pleased for you xx

pip have a great sunday, and a beer, i have a bottle of dry white chllinin the fridege for later, will treat myself to a glass with dinner, enjoyed the quiz last night, and folks pip is a real whiz at the quiz lol, will join in again a lot of fun and a good distraction.

off to car boot sale for me today, try and find a bargain. hope you all have a good sunday :hugs: to you all xxxx

Tony52
14-10-12, 13:17
Hi All,
Hope we are all keeping well today.I woke up and lying in bed anxious and with the sweats this morning.Have had the sweats more since starting on 225mg.Felt realy bad for a couple of hours. Thoughts going through my head about Ven not working for me and 'Is my dose too high'. 'Should I lower it down to 150mg'. 'Will I ever get better'. A horrible few hours. Gradually started to feel a bit better after moving around.

I think it may have been eating cheese and chocolate during late evening before bed.I realy hope it was that,as I don't intend eating them tonight.Nice fresh salmon,spuds and veg for dinner tonight. Haven't eaten cheese and choc for a while and usually keep off the sweet stuff.Anyone else react in an anxious or low mood way to certain foods or drinks ? I know too much alcohol is not good ,but I do like a can of lager or two in the evenings at times,and don't get that sort of reaction.

Lets hope my day continues as it is going and all of you out there are enjoying the weekend. :)

josh1987
14-10-12, 15:09
hey all.
sorry to just jump in but how are all yours going? anyone stay on it and has if helped? i read the first 50pages. my doc's is going to put me on this first mebs ever for me and so scared about any mebs at all. i will not even take dia's.

TJSMITH
14-10-12, 19:07
Hi all
Hope everyone ok??

Im doing well for now but soooo bored lol

Looking for this quiz pip and Pink with no luck, let me know if you going on it later and how i do it.

Will stay signed in :)

Nic how are you Hun ?

Pipkin
14-10-12, 19:45
Tracy - the quiz is 9pm on Saturdays in the chatroom. See you there next week?

Josh - hi and a warm :welcome: Ven has helped a lot of us, me included. I certainly don't find the side effects a problem and starting up was ok for me too. Of course, it's not for everybody, no meds are, but it's worth giving it a go if your GP's suggesting it.

Take care

Pip x

rockbottok
14-10-12, 23:34
Hi guys

I'm up and down like a yo-yo I feel ok again today but yesterday all I did was cry. I got my aunties funeral Tomo so I'm thinking Tomo will be a bad day. :(

Hope everyone is ok and getting better xx

nicola1980
15-10-12, 13:18
Hi everyone, well ive been to see my physchatrist and even tho im loads better, im still not great especially in the mornings so she has decided to add another 37.5mg onto my current 150mg so ill now be taking 187.5mg slow release daily, ive just took the extra 37.5mg as wanted to get started and afterwards my heart was beating like crazy and i was shaking......im so med phobic after the effects i had on cit and imipramine :ohmy: so i quickly took a diazepam and trying not to think about it!!! shes hoping this increase will be what i need to ditch the diazepam fully and get on with my life, just hoping i don't get any side effects. Hope everyone else is ok :hugs: xx

kittikat
15-10-12, 13:24
Aww, good luck with your increase Nic, I hope it does you good. :hugs:

I am doing fine but still get the shakes and anxiety in the mornings. Seeing my doc tomorrow so we'll see what he says, I'm only on 75mg a day (and the diazepam like you).

Take care hun, I'm sure the palps and skakes will pass soon :flowers: xx

nicola1980
15-10-12, 13:29
Thanks Kitti :hugs: good luck at the docs tomo xx

Sober2000june
15-10-12, 13:41
Hi all,

Day off watching my 2 yr old. I collect wife and two eldest from airport tonight.

Lou, i think it would be perfectly normal to be upset of the loss of a relative. I actually miss emotions like crying because i feel it quite cathartic and humane. The only feelings I have are desolation (feel like an alien dumped on another planet and constantly searching for the reason why, with the only desire for it all to stop). I used to be able to listen to dance music when training and get endorphin rushes, but now... NOTHING. I get the odd few seconds of what can only be described as mania. Maybe its the coming down from 225 to 187.5. I’m hoping that 187.5 is slightly better than 225.
I'll say one thing, its amazing what the human spirit can endure, 14 months and i wont let this B@ast@rd illness take mefile:///C:\DOCUME~1\abc\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_ima ge001.gif. Just praying for some divine intervention that i get a shrink soon, and one who actually understands this illness.

Its interesting you say bored Tracey, I feel depression is like boredom on steroids!

Tony RE: your food comments i believe processed food, especially sugar and alcohol seriously depletes our B vitamins which are required in the process of neurotransmitter manufacture

"Sugar actually uses up the body's stores of vitamins and minerals whilst providing next to none. Each teaspoon of sugar uses up B vitamins, for example, which can result in a deficiency. B vitamins are vitamin for maximizing mental performance. Around 98 % of the chromium present in sugar cane is lost turning it into sugar. This mineral is vital for keeping blood sugar levels stable."

I personally need to get off the junk food i am currently suplementing my diet with.

TJSMITH
15-10-12, 14:01
Hi all
Well doing really well at moment long may it last, been on my own all day just relaxing with a book, the thought of being on my own really caused my anxiety to heighten before so a good step in right direction.

Nic good luck with the increase hopefully that will kick the anxiety into touch.
Good luck kitty at docs.
Sober I rather be bored than have anxiety lol it's a good sign for me ha ha. I don't like Sunday's and didn't as a child either really don't know why and if I can I work that day, I have Sunday blues instead of Monday I guess.

How's everyone else ?

Torombolo
15-10-12, 15:27
Look for a member " TOROMBOLO' he has a very good thread about citalopram,,look for it.. in this web page:):D

pinkdove
15-10-12, 15:38
yea doing ok here too, had a really good weekend, felt loads better, and enjoyed doing things for a change, my pain is much better now too, so not so many painkillers

nicola i know what you mean about beng much better, but not where you want to be, so an increase may jst help you that bit more, i know its hard but try to forget the extra 37.5 it is only a small increase and should'nt cause you many problems, rally hope it works for you, good luck with it xx

lou thinking of you today hunni, my heart goes out to you, but what you are feeling is normal, you have lost a close relative, and you will find the strength somewhere to get through the day, dont be hard on yourself for grieving, that is normal, just take it easy the next week or so, take care xxx

paul glad you feel slightly better with the decrease, any improvement is a plus, you are right dont let it get the better of you, as i have said before you are a strong person, and you will get through this, xx

kitty, good luck at the dr's tomorrow hunni xx

tracey fantastic news you sitting chillin reading a book, wow !!!! long may it continue for you, sp pleased, you deserve to feel better xx

gav, your wife and kids coming back tonight will perk you up no end, and you have been great looking ater your 2 year old, enjoy your family tonight xx

pip, monday again :weep: i know your not keen on mondays, but hopefully the increase is working for you and its not so bad today, had a good day at the boot sale yesterday, nice sunny day but cold, and got some more bargains too, which is a plus, speak soon xxx

for anyone who's interested i spoke to lauz this morning and she is doing well, ive pm m w on facebook, has anyone heard from him ??? and laura is getting on well too, so a lot of good news for them, as they were really struggling too, soin time we will all get there, of that im sure, take care :hugs:

Tufty
15-10-12, 15:56
for anyone who's interested i spoke to lauz this morning and she is doing well, ive pm m w on facebook, has anyone heard from him ??? and laura is getting on well too, so a lot of good news for them, as they were really struggling too, soin time we will all get there, of that im sure, take care :hugs:

I spoke to Mr W a couple of weeks ago and he's really well, better than he's been for years and staying on the meds forever! It is reassuring when your still suffereing that others have recovered.

I'm still not too good but taking it easy and being kind to myself. Interesting what you were saying about diet and Vit B because for 4 weeks I was craving junk food, white bread, biscuits, cake - just couldn't get enough and then I crashed and now all i want to eat is fruit and veg - what's that all about???

Sam

pinkdove
15-10-12, 16:08
sam i have the same problem with junk food, i need to get a grip and tackle the fruit and veg too lol

nice to hear mr w is better, i dont blame him for staying on the meds, if its worked for him, and he has been through the mill,

hope you feel better too sam, what a long road this can be, but we will all get there xx

Tufty
15-10-12, 16:16
Thanks pinky, its good to hear you sounding better. I was feeling really well a little over 2 weeks ago but anxiety has this horrible way of making you feel you'll never be well again and its here to stay. It makes sensible people turn into an unrecognisable irrational aliens - down with anxiety - grrrrr.:)

pinkdove
15-10-12, 16:56
sam a great way to describe it......ive felt like et this past couple of years :D coming down to earth a bit now tho' thank god xxx

Sober2000june
15-10-12, 17:43
regarding the junk food and depression; you should read potoes not prozac or you can check website. its radiant recovery dot com

Pipkin
15-10-12, 19:08
Evening all,

Just got back from a very long walk over the fields and have spent 10 minutes drying a very wet dog who thought it was fun to run into someone's garden and go for a swim in their pond. Luckily there was no-one around!

I see it's been very busy on here today...

Nic - the increase is worth a go and I'd be surprised if you get any bad effects. When I increased by 37.5 I didn't notice any additional side effects at all. Good luck!

Pink - what bargains did you buy? I always go for bits of ceramic and retro stuff. I love a good haggle too, much to my partner's disgust. I'll haggle for anything, like on Saturday when I was haggling at the market for a pack of thermal socks. If you don't ask, you don't get! And my feet are lovely and warm in my wellies now!

Paul - I know what you mean about feeling a bit emotionally numb. I see it like normal emotions are on a scale of 1-10 and that ven has taken away the top and bottom 3 of the scale. I'm actually not complaining though as it's better than being up and down like I used to be (mainly down of course).

Kitti - I still feel a bit anxious in the mornings but nothing like I used to. It does get better over time. The shakes and the tight stomach feeling are the pits though - they're definitely my worst symptoms. You're still doing great and I'm sure your doctor will be really pleased with your progress. Good luck tomorrow!

A big warm :hugs: to everyone else. Remember that we're all in this together. It's great to have a group of such understanding friends to chat to. You're all stars!

Take care

Pip xxx

karenp
16-10-12, 09:17
HI, I was just checking in to see how every one has been and glad most of you are reasonably ok. I've been put on Trazodone now. My withdrawal form Mirtazapine (and I ended up coming off Diazepam at the same time because I am a sadist, ha ha!) got so bad that I couldn't even manage an hours sleep anymore and was having one panic attack during the night after another.
Anyhows my gp agreed to put me on the lowest dose of Trzodone yesterday, it's an older Tricycle ad that you can get lots of se's from but I did try it once before for a few weeks and the only se's that really bothere me is whenever it says hightened anxiety on the leaflet but I took my first pill last night and not only slept for the first time in months but I slept from 9pm till 8am!!! WOOOOO! I dont know if this will soon wear off but I already feel miles more calm as for me, the sleep propblem had taken over whats going on in my divorce.
My doctors told me I have to try and stick this one out though for at least 8 weeks to decide if it's the right AD for me not give up after 4 days like I did on Venlafaxine. It was just the vomitting part I couldn't stand with Ven on top of withdrawing from Mirt and my doctors refusing to give me any more diazepam to get me though it all.
I'm gonna keep popping on the Ven thread though and see how you all are. (:

Tufty
16-10-12, 09:30
That's great news Karen, 11 hours sleep will certainly recharge your batteries.
I'd be interested to follow your progress as I don't get on with the stimulating antidepressants and think an older one might suit me better to (don't moan anyone cos I've been saying this for ever and have been too chicken to change from the low dose Prozac that I've been on for 8 months)
Take care
Sam

pinkdove
16-10-12, 10:41
morning guys, pip what a wee tinker your freddie is, i bet you were glad to get him dry, never a dull moment with him, and haggling for your thermals :roflmao:love it !!!! i just bought some clothes all new and tagged from a great big mound, ex m&s etc £2 each or 6 for £10 reallt got my sleeves rolled up and dug deep, much to the discust of john lol, but i love things like that and i did get a bargain for everyone, so we were all pleased xx

karen a good nights slepp can work wonders, maybe this is the med for you, but stop thinking its not going to last, be positive, and do as your gp says and try and stick it out for at least 8 weeks, and please stay and keep us informed about how you are doing hunni, all the best xx

sam, you seem to be heading in the right direction at last, so maybe think about how the meds have helped you before you change, would hate to see you go back again. take care xxx

:hugs: to you all, and if your reading josh, come on join in were all here for you xxx

nicola1980
16-10-12, 11:27
Hi all, well day 2 of my increase and ive not grown an extra head yet lol! Karen hope this med works for you hun you so deserve a break :hugs: sam sorry your struggling :hugs: hope everyone else is ok :hugs: x x

clio51
16-10-12, 11:53
hi all,

well not been to good these last two days(well never been that good anyway)
Can't handle all the ruminating and thoughts that go through my head!! one after an other,

Yesterday got up the usual way instant anxiety on waking then the heaving starts, came down and had drink an hour later had weetabix and took ven decided to take diazepam to calm anxiety down well lol it got stuck on the roof of my mouth(not good taking meds) next minute projectile vomiting and the bloody thing came back!! and well as the weetbix( sorry folks for details)
This set me off again those bloody thoughts.

Is it only me that thinks like this as everyone seems to be getting to grips with this and accepting things? :weep::weep: How do you handle the ruminating and thoughts ie, i'm so ill, i'll end up in hospital, this isn't working i'm getting no better etc ?

This morning usual morning thing, decided to take diazepam first and wait hour for breakfast, well ate the weetabix within 5 mins heaving and it all came back again can't handle this. just managed to take ven with biscuit hope that stays down lol

To top it all of I got a massive cold sore on my chin it's horrendous and I feel really down. god I look so good!!!:huh:

got cbt today and really don't feel like going last thing I want to do is sit there for hour talking about my problems and feeling worse than I do

Hope you guys are having a better day than I am xx

nicola1980
16-10-12, 12:32
Clio i had the thoughts and the morning retching, the retching eventually stopped and the thoughts lessoned altho i do still get them on a bad day hence why shrink increased me yesterday! i think you would benefit from an increase x x

josh1987
16-10-12, 12:39
morning guys, pip what a wee tinker your freddie is, i bet you were glad to get him dry, never a dull moment with him, and haggling for your thermals :roflmao:love it !!!! i just bought some clothes all new and tagged from a great big mound, ex m&s etc £2 each or 6 for £10 reallt got my sleeves rolled up and dug deep, much to the discust of john lol, but i love things like that and i did get a bargain for everyone, so we were all pleased xx

karen a good nights slepp can work wonders, maybe this is the med for you, but stop thinking its not going to last, be positive, and do as your gp says and try and stick it out for at least 8 weeks, and please stay and keep us informed about how you are doing hunni, all the best xx

sam, you seem to be heading in the right direction at last, so maybe think about how the meds have helped you before you change, would hate to see you go back again. take care xxx

:hugs: to you all, and if your reading josh, come on join in were all here for you xxx

hey all.. yes im reading up to page 68.

Tufty
16-10-12, 12:56
Thanks guys,
I do feel a tiny bit better today, taken the pup for a walk and she's rolled in fox poo again - 2nd time in 3 days, i feel too ill to bath her so have hosed her down, rubbed the offending area with lemon wipes and soaked it in cider vinegar which apparently stops it smelling. Bloomin dog, love her to bits but when your not feeling well its another thing to have to sort out - she's now wimpering at the bottom of the stair because I won't let her up.
Clio - I've been ruminating alot this last week and having some dark thoughts - I've started listening to an audio CD by Claire Weeks and she's very firm (in her no nonsense Australian way) almost shouting at me not to add to the fear by thinking about the what ifs - she calls it the bewilderment factor and says its what keeps the fear cycle going. Accept, utterly accept how you feel today and don't add to it - that's her words not mine :) I also had cold sore or could of been shingles or impetigo (medicine not being the great science I once thought it was) last month, on my chin also - it was itchy and looked horrible, couldn't cover it with make up. I guess its a sign that our immune systems are struggling to cope.
Nicola - if you do grow another head, hopefully it will be an anxiety free one and you could get rid of the anxiety ridden one :winks: - every cloud and all that :)
Going for a granny nap soon
Hope everyones OK
Love and hugs
Sam

Pipkin
16-10-12, 13:27
Hi all,

I've managed a lunch break today so I'm out for a quick stroll. It's freezing and likely to rain at any minute so I may dash off quickly...

Sam - I fully sympathise about the dog. I spend half my time wiping him or the house down after he's rolled in something/eaten cow poo/been swimming in stinky water/been sick after eating grass and then eating the sick. Lovely isn't it, especially when you don't feel great? Still, the cuddly moments make it worthwhile.

Josh - keep at it, only another 200 pages to go! I hope you find it useful. This thread's like the diary of our lives over the last 8 months and you'll see lots of ups and downs. Feel free to join in.

Pink - sounds like a good car boot expedition - we'd make a good haggling pair. It took me a couple of months to buy my last car because I just wouldn't stop haggling, much to the car dealer's frustration. I ended up quibbling over car mats and a tank of diesel, and he gave in in the end because I think he just wanted to get rid of me.

Well now I'm on the brink of hyperthermia so I'm heading back inside. Sees you all later.

Take care

Pip

josh1987
16-10-12, 13:34
Hi all,

I've managed a lunch break today so I'm out for a quick stroll. It's freezing and likely to rain at any minute so I may dash off quickly...

Sam - I fully sympathise about the dog. I spend half my time wiping him or the house down after he's rolled in something/eaten cow poo/been swimming in stinky water/been sick after eating grass and then eating the sick. Lovely isn't it, especially when you don't feel great? Still, the cuddly moments make it worthwhile.

Josh - keep at it, only another 200 pages to go! I hope you find it useful. This thread's like the diary of our lives over the last 8 months and you'll see lots of ups and downs. Feel free to join in.

Pink - sounds like a good car boot expedition - we'd make a good haggling pair. It took me a couple of months to buy my last car because I just wouldn't stop haggling, much to the car dealer's frustration. I ended up quibbling over car mats and a tank of diesel, and he gave in in the end because I think he just wanted to get rid of me.

Well now I'm on the brink of hyperthermia so I'm heading back inside. Sees you all later.

Take care

Pip

Im trying to catch up lol. im not taken anythink anythink so ill sit back and read. but i have to say its making me feel better about it.

Sober2000june
16-10-12, 14:44
Hi all,

Nicola, is that you on 187.5? I'll give you a high 5 on the passing as I’m down from 225 to 187.5(day 4) and I definitely feel slightly more normal (well for me).

Not so sure work is going to pay for a shrink now; as HR is asking my manager how many sessions it would take. He was telling me this morning that it is very frustrating for him (if only he knew what the twilight zone really felt like). He asked what I thought and I suggested he reply to HR and state "I am an Engineer and do not have a medical degree, therefore I am unable to comment". Don’t think he’s going to go with that approach, but I think he’s trying to press them to see if they will actually pay, to allow me to make a decision. It shows the level of forethought that is being considered, cus if I end up off long term again it will cost them 1000’s instead 100’s – go figure. I am emotionally stab le enough to not take it personally (or is that the meds?), but I would like to move on with living the rest of my life with a level of peace of mind and fulfilment.

Slowfish hows you on 150?

Here's hoping, pink n pip, one day i'll be able to help prop the troups up like you guys:).

Also, the acid reflux and headaches are dissapating:D.

take care peeps:hugs:

clio51
16-10-12, 14:47
hi sam

yer it's horrible, mine is itchy and blistery. poor you having to clean the dog when really not up to it nothing worse!
where did you get the claire weekes cd from? could do with some shouting at lol

never got to cbt, was sick again! I just heave and then it follows, really weak stomach.
The thought of an increase scare me to death as i'm not managing on 75mg so more heightened anxiety freaks me:ohmy:

take care everyone xx

nicola1980
16-10-12, 14:51
Hi all,

Nicola, is that you on 187.5? I'll give you a high 5 on the passing as I’m down from 225 to 187.5(day 4) and I definitely feel slightly more normal (well for me).

Not so sure work is going to pay for a shrink now; as HR is asking my manager how many sessions it would take. He was telling me this morning that it is very frustrating for him (if only he knew what the twilight zone really felt like). He asked what I thought and I suggested he reply to HR and state "I am an Engineer and do not have a medical degree, therefore I am unable to comment". Don’t think he’s going to go with that approach, but I think he’s trying to press them to see if they will actually pay, to allow me to make a decision. It shows the level of forethought that is being considered, cus if I end up off long term again it will cost them 1000’s instead 100’s – go figure. I am emotionally stab le enough to not take it personally (or is that the meds?), but I would like to move on with living the rest of my life with a level of peace of mind and fulfilment.

Slowfish hows you on 150?

Here's hoping, pink n pip, one day i'll be able to help prop the troups up like you guys:).

Also, the acid reflux and headaches are dissapating:D.

take care peeps:hugs:

Hi Paul, yep its me on 187.5mg, my shrink increased it by 37.5mg yesterday to try and get a lid on this damn anxiety once and for all!! xx

spawn
16-10-12, 15:42
Hi peeps, im all good here.
Had the usual dreams and headache last night, but feeling well now.
Really busy at work, getting stuff done before i go away next week.
hope everyone is ok.
Gav.

kittikat
16-10-12, 20:09
Doing well here - still on 75mg daily plus my diazepam. Pushed the boundaries today and went on a train all by myself :scared15: could not have even contemplated that a few weeks ago. I am very proud of myself. This will help build on my confidence and give me the courage to push forward in my recovery too.

Doc has signed me off for another month, just until he is sure I am heading in the right direction and feels that going back to work now may set me back as much of my recent issues are work related. I have my 2nd Formal Ill Health/Capability Hearing on this coming Thursday so I will feel better when that is over and done with.

Best wishes to everyone else, hope you are all doing well this evening :bighug1:

clio51
16-10-12, 20:26
well done kitti:D
on a train omg! what made you do that did you have to go on it today?
best of luck on thurs sure it will be fine, your doing so well

i'm struggling at mo, but hope to get a little better soon just fed up of the up's and down hard to accept.:shrug:

anybody else struggling or is just me on my todd:doh:

kittikat
16-10-12, 20:31
Thanks Clio - it was one of my therapy goals so just wanted to test myself.

Sorry you are still so up & down....have one of these :hugs: I'm sure you will get there soon hun xxx

Pipkin
16-10-12, 21:29
Kitti - well done. What an achievement - you're doing so well! Good luck for Thursday :D

Clio - sorry you're still getting the ups and downs. I know there are others who are still struggling so you're not on your own. We're all here to help and support each other, and we've all been just where you are. There is light at the end of the tunnel so don't lose heart :hugs:

Take care

Pip xxx

pinkdove
16-10-12, 21:39
well done kitti. just shows how far you've come, and setting youself goals, what a great idea, you should feel really proud of yourself, its a hugh achievement x

clio you will get there too hunni. just takes time, so ake it one day at a time, you cant rush things, our bodies need time to heal, but as pip say you are not on your own xx

joy if you check in lauz would like you to get i touch through facebook, she would loe to have a chat with you, hope you are feeling a bit better now xx

Tufty
16-10-12, 22:15
Clio - I borrowed the Claire Weeks CD from the library - I'm going to check if I can make a copy and could send one to anyone who's interested?
Been better tonight again, hubby came home and helped me bath the dog, watched a bit of TV and listened to Claire Weeks shouting at me again not to fear the fear!
Love and hugs
Sam

clio51
17-10-12, 00:03
pip,pink thanks for your encouragement I will go on!! even though it's so bloody hard .

sam.. thats a great idea if possible.

well had tea was a struggle but got as much down as I could, been bit anxious and that sickly feeling after being sick twice today tried to concentrate on tv but didn't feel interested that much took diazepam tonight. about 1 hour later got up and heaved again and omg sick again ( what the hell is happening to me)

anyone been sick on ven? I was fine before I went on slow release?
don't know if it's them or bad anxiety but can really do without it, but the diazepam should of helped that took it hour before. my mind's all over the place at the mo.

nicola1980
17-10-12, 08:39
Well done kitti :hugs: sam i would love a copy if you could do that please, well ive cut back down to 150mg, yesterday and through the night the anxiety and agitation from the increase was unbearable, think last wk with my mum did me in and i panicked and increased when actually i was doing well on the 150mg, think the last bit i have to do myself! X x

Tufty
17-10-12, 09:17
Oh Nicola - sorry to hear that your not so good today, its so hard to know what to do for the best isn't it. You've been doing so well, this blip shouldn't last long just keep on going and take care of yourself

I'll have a go at ripping and burning the CD later - I'll let you all know how it goes

I had an OK night, woke at 4 for an hour or so but felt quite calm and played on my sons DS, woke again at 7 with more anxiety and it has continued to escalate, despite me telling myself to accept what I feel and that's its just sensitised nerves.

I'm hoping to go into work for a few hours around lunch time, there are only 3 of us in our team and the only full time one has been off for months after having an operation so I guess I feel more pressured and stressed to keep going. I have been back at work since June, after having 12 weeks off and although my boss is excellent and very supportive I feel guilty that I'm not there to support her. We've been through some difficult times recently at work, lots of changes and stress and although this has added to my anxiety I don't want to be seen as weak and a quitter :blush: God, writing that has made me realised just how self perpetuated my anxiety is :doh:. Lesson for self today - learn to be a quitter! I'm going to go into work for 3-4 hours and say I don't feel well (which they already know) and am going to go home to look after myself - does that sound a good plan?

Hope everyone else is bearing up.
love Sam

pinkdove
17-10-12, 10:09
sam you are not a quitter, you are doing much better than i could have done to be working at all, i did the same as you and kept working, i was the manager and didnt want to let people down either, till i was litterally dizzy at work, my gp told me to stop immediately as i had burnt myself out, i spent 3 months bed bound, and that was the start of this crippling illness for me, i know we need to ppush ourselves, but its knowing when we are pushing too hard, look after yourself ad do what you feel comfortable with, remember this takes time for us all, our bodies need time to heal, i think you are doing great, take care :hugs:

nicola i think you are spot on the scare with your mum has set you back a bit, and you were doing so well on the 150mg, and it took you ages to eventually stick with that, i know you are sensitive to meds, so dont panic you are doing alright on the 150mg, like a different person this past couple of months, we have been through this together nicola, and we are both getting there at last, dont rock the boat hunni, just take it easy and stick with the 150 mg xx

clio i was never sick on ven, buti know nicola was, we are all different and if you were ok on he standard meds before the slow release than maybe speak to your gp about that, hope you feel better soon xx

slowfish, how are you doing ????

hows everyone else today ????

very drab here in leeds today, so having a day in, took my mum to the hairdressers yesterday, and back here for lunch before going to the supermarket, so a busy day, felt quite calm tho. i have clare weekes sent to me by a member on here to my inbox and fid it quite helpfull too, but i wouldnt have a clue how to send it on.....sorry, your right sam she does shout at you, but makes a lot of sense, i am reading abook just now, feel the fear and do it anyway, by susan jeffers, similar thing and finding it quite helpfull xx

Tufty
17-10-12, 10:20
Thanks Pinky, great advice as usual
I've got that book too - I put them away and forget about it but I may pull it out and re-read it.

slowfish
17-10-12, 11:14
Hi all

sorry to hear you felt rubbish on the increase nicola - even though you know its the effect of the meds and that it will be short-term its hard to stick with it.

Well I felt really really low all weekend and I put that down to decreasing from 225mg to 150mg straight away - so after 3 or 4 days it really hit me. I've now got a little pill cutter and going to take 187.5mg for a while and see how I go on that dose. Do they actually do a 187.5mg tablet?

Wish I could just feel relaxed! My shoulders and neck constantly ache and feel tight.

rockbottok
17-10-12, 11:52
Hi guys hope ur all doing well.

Nicola. Wondered how u were gonna Do on the increase as I remember u doing the 150 increase. Like me I think uve just been set back a bit with family issues. I'm like a yo yo at the min. Up down up Down.

Did anyone watch 999 what's ur emergency?? Made me realise there is people with mental illness a lot worse off than myself. Poor bloke on there. X

Well I'm still plodding along......like a yo yo.

Lou x

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

slowfish they do 37.5 tabs so ud take one of them with ur 150 tabs. I take a 75 and 37.5 tab every day

Lou

Pipkin
17-10-12, 12:25
Hi all,

A quick hello as I'm only free for 10 mins this lunchtime. All is well here and the sun's actually come out after heavy rain this morning.

Sam - just check that the CD isn't copyrighted - I wouldn't want you to get yourself or the site into trouble by breaking the law. Can you confirm? Your plan sounds sensible to me - I always advocate going to work when you can as it's an excellent distraction.

Slowfish - they don't make 187.5mg tabs or caps so as Lou said, it's a matter of a 150 and a 37.5.

Nic - I think you're right that the last step is down to you. Your levels will be back down to 150 in a couple of days but it would be a good idea to check with your doctor.

I'll be back later.

Pip xx

Sober2000june
17-10-12, 12:26
Hi all,

Definitely better on 187.5 than i was on 225.
Very little headaches wise and even managed to watch the Belgium v Scotland match last night (well until they scored!!). Just had a bizarre moment there listening to a Peter Gabriel Cd at my desk. I remember in 86' when I was fourteen loving "don't give up" when he sang it with Kate Bush. Anyhoo, this was a live version with another female artist and really made me think of the lyrics. Well the last verse goes as follows:

" Don't give up
'cause you have friends
Don't give up
You're not the only one
Don't give up
No reason to be ashamed
Don't give up
You still have us
Don't give up now
We're proud of who you are
Don't give up
You know it's never been easy
Don't give up
'cause I believe there's the a place
There's a place where we belong"

Retrospectively, it kinda seems like I was always destined to be here!

Slowfish, I am currently taking 2x75 efexor and 1x venlalic37.5 in am. I only have 3 more 37.5 left maybe i should call doc for some and sit at it longer than 8 days before i go for 150. Ah decisions decisions. Also, if you are using the Velalic slow release DO NOT CUT as it will defeat the slow release process and probably give you a venla spike. I only found this after looking at manufacture specs of med when my GP told me it was ok to cut. went back to him with info and he agreed he I was right - not all anxiety is useless!!

slowfish
17-10-12, 13:48
Oh, well I cut tablets this morning and don't feel any different effects...yet! :ohmy:

josh1987
17-10-12, 14:01
well i spoke to my swat team ( i have like 5people helping me and all no there stuff) today and they want me to start 37.5 slow release

pinkdove
17-10-12, 14:51
josh that is the usuall starting dose for ven, and you should be fine, if they feel you need them you should give them a try, im sure you'll be fine, and when they kick in and start to have a positive effect you will feel so much better, we are all here for you, good luck xxx

TJSMITH
17-10-12, 16:35
Hi all
Hope all ok?
Just popping in to say hi as just back from work.
I'm doing well for now yippee.
I saw the 999 program whoever mentioned it, terrified me as can happen to anyone. I too felt for that man too it was heart wrenching stuff.
Nic hope things improve again and I know they will.

Will check in later as better spend sometime with my rat bags lol x

kittikat
17-10-12, 17:02
Josh, I started on 37.5mg daily (but not slow release) and upped to 75mg daily after 2 weeks. I wish you luck, the ven has made such a difference to me already. I hope it works for you.

Paul, great to hear you are doing better on the lower dose...long may it continue in the right direction for you. I liked the words to Dont Give Up...very true!!

Tracey, sounds like things are on the up for you too, and Nic, I'm sure you will feel better soon hun :flowers:

I hope everyone else is doing well today, and if it's not so good, hang in there :winks:

I am pushing the boundaries again, train ride yesterday and been and had a small Kitti (cat) tattoo today all by myself :yahoo: I am really pleased with how I am progressing since starting Ven, I still have a way to go yet, but I am trying to do something to push myself every day now.

Big hugs to all :bighug1:have a fab evening xx

pinkdove
17-10-12, 17:19
kitti and tracey you both sound great :yesyes: oh i love to read positive posts, well done to you both :hugs:

kittikat
17-10-12, 17:50
Thank you Pink, I hope all is well with you too :hugs: xx

nicola1980
17-10-12, 18:25
Kitti you sound sooooo much better :yahoo: well ive had an awful day, full of anxiety/panic :weep: wish id never increased i could kick myself for doing it when i was doing so well, hopefully by tomo my ven levels would have dropped back to normal xx

TJSMITH
17-10-12, 18:28
Thanks pink
Kitti keep on going girl :) I remember when this all started I was scared to even stand in my kids play ground or go to the shop i understand why people don't but knew I had to push through it for my kids.

Nic how's things this evening ?

Well hubby nights so early night, going to watch twilight in bed as started them before I got Ill.

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Ps Nic
Big hugs seen your post as they crossed I'm not on ven but would the increase not settle after couple weeks. When I increased sertraline I was literally but to square one it took two weeks to level.
Hope you better soon x

nicola1980
17-10-12, 18:38
Hi Tracy, i literally couldn't stand the side effects, ive not felt this bad in months, infact i didn't even feel this bad on the wait for my mums hospital appointment so i knew it wasn't right, i think this past few weeks with everything has just got on top of me and i have to deal with that myself, i was so scared last week that my mum had cancer and that id loose her that i think its knocked me a bit off course and no drug is going to help me with that, i think the rest is down to me now :hugs: xx

Pipkin
17-10-12, 19:12
Well, it seems that one of my ven buddies is flying...

Kitti - can I ask where your tattoo is :winks:? You're doing great!

Josh - go for it. If that's what the team is recommending then give it a go. 37.5 is the dose I started on too and it was fairly easy. I tried sertraline before that and it sent me round the bend. Ven was a walk in the park by comparison though I know everyone's different. We've all been there so let us know how you're doing.

Nic - it will get better in a couple of days. People think that because of ven's short half life, it comes out of your system in 12 hours but the levels build up in your blood so it can take up to 3 days. You'll then be back to how you were.

Paul - I love that song and your post was lovely. As I always say, we're in it together :D

Hi to the rest of the gang.

Take care

Pip xxx

kittikat
17-10-12, 19:24
Ahh Pip, I can't possibly reveal.....oh ok, it's on my ankle :noangel: (it really is) and I can honestly say I never felt a thing....well maybe just a tiny scratching sensation.

Hope you are still doing well Pip. Take care, have a great evening :hugs: Kitti x

TJSMITH
17-10-12, 20:32
I had my first tatoo last month as I felt that living with this illness hurts more than any needle lol...
Well done kitti.

Nic I can't imagine the worry you went through with your mum as I would be lost without mine although my mum only 54 now it's my nan I worry about.
I'm sure you will get back in track a very strong lady even if you don't feel it at the moment. I read back through my posts when bad to see that It does get better xx

pinkdove
17-10-12, 21:45
pip i thought that ven was out f your system in 24 hrs with a half life of 12 hours, my friend is coming off 75mg, dr told her to take 37.5 am then the same pm for 1 week, then 37.5 in the evening for a wek then stop, i think its too fast she will take her last tablet on friday, so far she has just felt a bit tired, so could she still feel withdrawal, she has only been on them since june, i was so impressed with her, thinking i might be able to reduce a bit too.

sorry for all the questions, hope you re ok, the 150 seems to suit you. take care xxx

Pipkin
17-10-12, 22:08
Hi Pink,

I'm definitely no medical expert but I read that ven builds up in your blood plasma and reaches its peak at 3-4 days - that's why the side effects usually kick in at that time when you start or increase. Logically, I presume that it's the same in reverse when you reduce but I may be wrong.

Half life means it reduces by half every 12 hours so if you started with 10 (a made-up number), it'd be 5 after 12 hours and 2.5 after 24 on so on. That's what's in your bloodstream but, as I said, blood plasma levels are different - that's what's been absorbed.

Yes, 150 definitely agrees with me. I'm feeling a bit ropey tonight but I think I'm coming down with something so I'm off to bed shortly as I've got a long week this week and I need some rest. I'll soon fight it off, I'm sure.

Take care and sorry for the boring lecture!

Pip xxx

josh1987
17-10-12, 22:21
Josh, I started on 37.5mg daily (but not slow release) and upped to 75mg daily after 2 weeks. I wish you luck, the ven has made such a difference to me already. I hope it works for you.

Paul, great to hear you are doing better on the lower dose...long may it continue in the right direction for you. I liked the words to Dont Give Up...very true!!

Tracey, sounds like things are on the up for you too, and Nic, I'm sure you will feel better soon hun :flowers:

I hope everyone else is doing well today, and if it's not so good, hang in there :winks:

I am pushing the boundaries again, train ride yesterday and been and had a small Kitti (cat) tattoo today all by myself :yahoo: I am really pleased with how I am progressing since starting Ven, I still have a way to go yet, but I am trying to do something to push myself every day now.

Big hugs to all :bighug1:have a fab evening xx

i hope it help's now i just have to take them(so scared) they wanted me on 75 but i ased if i could start on 37.5

kittikat
17-10-12, 22:30
i hope it help's now i just have to take them(so scared) they wanted me on 75 but i ased if i could start on 37.5

I had a rather nice euphoric moment about an hour after my very first tablet....not in a bad way, I just felt really happy and lively. I also had a few palps, but nothing to worry about...try not to be 'looking' or 'checking' yourself for side effects all the time....just carry on as normal. It's honestly the best medication I have ever taken and made such a difference to my quality of life already. I hope it's the same for you Josh.

Sober2000june
17-10-12, 23:05
Im intrigued pink, why the reduction? Are you still getting se?

nicola1980
18-10-12, 01:48
I only took the increase for 2 days but boy NEVER again, i felt like i did at the start of my breakdown last sept :-( x x

josh1987
18-10-12, 06:04
I had a rather nice euphoric moment about an hour after my very first tablet....not in a bad way, I just felt really happy and lively. I also had a few palps, but nothing to worry about...try not to be 'looking' or 'checking' yourself for side effects all the time....just carry on as normal. It's honestly the best medication I have ever taken and made such a difference to my quality of life already. I hope it's the same for you Josh.

well i hope when i start to take it, it works

pinkdove
18-10-12, 12:10
pip thanks for that a uuall i had it wrong :blush: never a boring lecture, alwayssound advice, hope you're feait better today, you soundasif you have a busy time ahead, remember your time tho' thanks again pip,take care xxx

paul no side effects for me, just sometimes a feeling of being medicated, i am not going to reduce just yet, but i would like to get doen to 75mg, at ome point, been on ad's now in total for over 2 years this time, and the ven since feb, i know that the meds have done all they can for me, and have been really helpfull, bt there comes a time when you start to think, what would i be like on a low dose, i ill always need a maintenance dose, according to my pysc, hope you are continuing to mprove xx

josh, kitti has given you great advice, so bite the bullet and start love, look at it as the start to our recovery xx

kitti so pleased for you hunni, you are doing great :yesyes:

hows everyone else today ???

nicola1980
18-10-12, 12:59
Hi all, well im feeling a bit better today, i think the extra ven i took is leaving my system now as its been over 48 hours, i didn't sleep particulary well as felt panicky when i went to bed :ohmy: god i felt like id gone back to square one again, i was terrified but had a nap this morning and feeling quite a bit better, seeing my cpn at 2 so will see what she says. Kitti i love tattoo's ive got 5 and want another!! Josh i started off on 37.5mg and it wasn't too bad at all. Pink hopefully you can reduce soon but don't rush it, i think ill always need a maintenance dose too. Hope everyone else is ok :hugs: xx

spawn
18-10-12, 14:21
Hey all!

Wow theres alot of ups and downs on here at the moment!
Seems 225mg isnt a great dose either?

Im still doing great on 150mg, feeling like im living again! :)
Flying out to Cyprus Tues!..Eeekkk!
Im so glad im well enough to go through with the wedding, only 2 months ago we were talking about cancelling it, because i was so ill. Just goes to show you can get through our illnesses, anxiety had hold of me, but not no more! :)

karenp
18-10-12, 14:58
Kitti that is fantastic news!!! Hopefully there will be no stopping you soon (:

Nicola, sorry you've had to up your dose again darl....I hope you settle again soon. I'm feeling much better now after been off Mirtazapine 2 weeks. How bad is the withdrawal from it!!!! :weep: I've managed to come off Diazepam this week too without any prob at all and am sleeping wonderfully (at the mo!!) on Trazodone my new AD! I still wake up feeling panicky but I'm on the lowest dose and have only taken 3 pills so far so we'll see. But just getting some sleep is doing wonders for me already and Trazodone is really easy to start up. I can't say for certain if Venlafaxine was behind me feeling so sick and anxious though the 5 days I took it or if that was the Mirt withdrawal, all I know is I was glad to hand back my Mirtazapine pills to the pharamist the other day, lol! (: Any how hope upping your dose calms you down and as you say kicks this anxiety into touch once and for all!!!

Aw Clio, sorry to hear you are still struggling along too. I know what you mean about having up days and thinking you are finally going to be ok only to come down again but just keep remembering this will all be another bad memory one day soon ((((:

Gav, is the wedding next week? WOOOOOO!!!

Hope every one else is ok, hugs Karen xxxx

nicola1980
18-10-12, 15:00
Thats brilliant news Gav :yahoo: i think 150mg is about the right dose for people, anything over seems to be too stimulating xx

TJSMITH
18-10-12, 15:40
Hi all
Nic
How did you get on?
Glad you feel a bit better.

I feel pretty normal on the whole been busy with the kids in school this morning which j think really helps. We going to isle of wright half term hoping to enjoy that more than I did Egypt as wasn't at all well back then.

Pink I think I may be on them for life too as the thought of being of meds terrifies me.
How's everyone else?

pinkdove
18-10-12, 16:44
gav oh the wedding is getting close now, and im so gad you are feeling better, as yu say it just goes to show what a difference a couple of months can make, gladyou are feeling better xx

traey i think working is really helping you, and yu can look forward to the isle of wright, now you are feeling better, yea the thought of no meds terrifies me too xx

karen good luck with the trazodone, sounds like it is going to be much easier to tolerate, hope you continue to imrovexx

just been over to see my son, as hes off work with man flu, did the good mum thing and took some lucozade and comfrort food, funny how you still worry about them even when they are all grown up, but i was glad i went, did some shoppinf on the way, so another not bad day for me xx

Pipkin
18-10-12, 17:59
Hi there,

Just a mighty quick hello as I'm between meetings but wanted to check in and say all is well here. I'll try and get back on later.

Hugs all round

Pip xxx

clio51
18-10-12, 19:40
Kitti.. your doing so well, tattoo omg well done
Nic... glad your feeling better today
Gav... not long now then ekk!
Karen... so glad your new med is helping you sleep and feeling better

well shakey start this morning think the anxiety was heightened because of the sickness iv'e been having, which start all those dreaded thought process off. how come morning are so dreadful.
better later today not as many thoughts and heaving and have managed some soup for tea!! really wish I could get my appetite back though.

best wishes and take care everybody xxx

nicola1980
18-10-12, 20:11
Clio i suffered the morning retching and heaving and its horrible so real feel for you but eventually it passed x x

Tufty
18-10-12, 21:44
Evening guys,

Good to hear that you're all generally on the up, hugs to everyone.

Well I've managed to work for the past two days but only 4 hours a day, still achy and tired with hot flashes but that could all be anxiety. Trying to take it easy and rest as much as possible and am generally coping better with the anxiety, although it is still ever present. Working again tomorrow for 4 hours and then the weekend off :yahoo:

Love to all
Sam

karenp
19-10-12, 09:43
Sam that is so brave of you to carry on working, well done you!!!

Nicola, is this the increase causing you to be sick. I'm bloomin nosey aren't I? :winks: Venlafaxine made me feel sick day and night when I tried it possibly because it hieghtened my anxiety levels so much. Plus Mirt wd on top. All I can say Nic, is I hope you have a much much better year when 2013 arrives as I know you have suffered a long time trying to get your meds right.

Clio so sorry you're still struggling too darl. I hope it passes quickly.

I'm on day 4 of 50mg's of Trazodone and all my side effects have gone already even though I didn't have much hightened anxiety thank goodness or sickness.

Anyhow, much love to you all xxxx

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

Ps.Thanks Pink, Trazodone really is a walk in the park compared to how I felt when I tried to go on Ven. All the best reducing your meds.

pinkdove
19-10-12, 10:14
karen not reducing yet to scared, but something im thinking about doing, so glad you are geetin on well on the trazodone xx

well woke up this morning feeling anxious, and have a busy day aheadwhich might be a good thing, feel like taking a diazapam, and might do yet, taking my parents out to lunch and shopping today, hubby has the day off, so will be coming too,hat makes it easier for me, some weeks i find it more difficut for a few days, and got to wonderig if i might be hormonal, as it usually passes.

joy are you ok, please post and let us know how you are x

hope everyone else is ok today xx

sam well done for doing your shifts, you are much stronger than you think, hopr you have a good day today, and enjoy your weekend off xx

pip the weekend is nearly here :D lots of long walks and puppy class, hope you are well, have a good day xx

clio51
19-10-12, 10:46
hi all.

why's this thing called anxiety/panic so hard you get it easy but so so hard to get rid off.

really used to like my mornings, getting up coffee bit of tv, breaky get dressed no pressure.

Now I hate mornings from waking up the thoughts and symptoms arrive and I can't help focusing on them and how I feel it's like i'm in a world of my own(if that makes sense) everything seems an effort and I have to build myself up even to make a decision to have a drink or a biscuit like my brain saying you don't want it/or ok get it now( think i'm going crazy guys ):mad: lunch and tea are the same I have to say to myself right get something to eat, sometimes i heave at the thought! and eating it I have to say to myself you need this eat it just one more mouthful. feel like i'm going to end up with a food anxiety!!!!

anyone else have these thoughts at first or still do have them??
menoupausal is helping prob but not going down that route as well
every morning seems to be getting harder so hard to switch off from thoughts
was getting out sometimes last week, now the thought scares me and I don't know why.

sorry to be such a wimp and not positive, to be honest I feel jelous of those of you feeling better!!:weep:

needs to get a grip, any help would be appreicated :bighug1:

Tufty
19-10-12, 11:34
hi all.

why's this thing called anxiety/panic so hard you get it easy but so so hard to get rid off.

really used to like my mornings, getting up coffee bit of tv, breaky get dressed no pressure.

Now I hate mornings from waking up the thoughts and symptoms arrive and I can't help focusing on them and how I feel it's like i'm in a world of my own(if that makes sense) everything seems an effort and I have to build myself up even to make a decision to have a drink or a biscuit like my brain saying you don't want it/or ok get it now( think i'm going crazy guys ):mad: lunch and tea are the same I have to say to myself right get something to eat, sometimes i heave at the thought! and eating it I have to say to myself you need this eat it just one more mouthful. feel like i'm going to end up with a food anxiety!!!!

anyone else have these thoughts at first or still do have them??
menoupausal is helping prob but not going down that route as well
every morning seems to be getting harder so hard to switch off from thoughts
was getting out sometimes last week, now the thought scares me and I don't know why.

sorry to be such a wimp and not positive, to be honest I feel jelous of those of you feeling better!!:weep:

needs to get a grip, any help would be appreicated :bighug1:

I can relate to these feelings in the mornings - and at other times of the day but usually worse in the mornings. You're doing the right thing trying to eat something though - it feels wrong eating when you're not hungry I know but you will not develop a food anxiety!

Maybe you could try another tactic (bit of a Claire Weeks geek I have become:)) - do not try to switch off the thoughts, do not worry about not being positive or think you need to get a grip. You are anxious, accept that this is how it is rather than trying to fight it. Everytime you get a wave of panic or the sinking feeling of anxiety say to yourself - yep that's the anxiety - say it out loud, and try to carry on with whatever it is you were doing.

Don't force yourself to do things you don't feel up to doing, if you don't want to go out, don't and don't beat yourself up about it. You were out and about last week and will again next week, it's just at the moment the anxiety is heightened, it feels horrible but try not to add to it by worrying about what you're not doing.

You will get better, completely better, we all will. The questioning and up and downs are all part of the illness - try to accept it rather than thinking why and what if. (Claire Weeks lecture over :blush:)

Stick with it Clio - you've been doing well, the mornings will get easier and the thoughts will go.

:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:
Love Sam

nicola1980
19-10-12, 12:55
Hi all, well would you believe it ive got another water infection :mad: woke up this morning feeling very rough and knew exactly what it was so off i went to the docs, my doc has refered me to a gynacologist urologist due to me suffering monthly infections but ive not heard anything as yet, i felt that ill this morning i couldn't even drive to the docs, poor hubby had just finished a night shift and came home to find me sobbing at the kitchen table so he took me bless him, doc said when he dipped my urine it showed i was dehydrated aswel so have been drinking lots and went back to bed for a bit.
Karen i only took the increase for 2 days, it made me climb the walls with panic :ohmy: im sticking with the 150mg of ven now and think meds have done all they can for me now and the rest is down to me, fortunatly i don't retch or heave in the mornings anymore...touch wood!! but for about 6 months i used to spend every morning with my head down the kitchen sink it was horrid but thankfully thats passed, glad your getting on ok with your new meds and fingers crossed these kick your damn anxiety into touch!! :hugs:
Hope everyone else is doing ok and to those that aren't heres a big :bighug1: xx

Sober2000june
19-10-12, 15:21
Hi folks, struggling a wee bit today. Thought I was getting there. Saw another doc this morning (my own on holiday again - been on more holidays than Judith Chalmers!) and she is cool with me dropping to 187.5 and said to maintain at mo, so she gave me prescription for 37.5 slow release. She also tried to chase up my referral for a new shrink. You could see the frustration on her face as she tried to get answers - if it wasn't my life we were playing with my life, I might have found it amusing. It really does appear that the NHS does not know its @rse from its elbow. So I’ll see here again on Wednesday, and if there is no movement I think ill have to dig deep.

Hoping all be joining you soon on 150 guys. That reminds me, how you getting on slowfish and Kerrie?

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Clio, i get all those symptoms you mention so you are not alone

karenp
19-10-12, 16:39
Clio I am just the same, every single day all I want to do is feel normal again. I used to be a morning person too (I still am or will be once this is all over, ha ha!) I even watch telly and hate ad's at the mo with people jumping out of bed smiling. It'll happen one of these days though...for all of us (: But I know exactly where you are coming from darl.

Hope you feel heaps better soon Nicola. I was bad enough on 37.5mg's of Venlafaxine. I wonder if getting another water infection hasn't helped your anxiety levels too trying ot increase. You've had a rotten month what with being poorly wth infections and then your Mum 's scare so no wonder you started to feel the anxiety creeping back in as you was doing so so well hey.

Sorry you're having a bad day Paul. Hope tomorrow is better (:

What a busy day Pink. Hope you've felt less anxious. My anxiety levels during the day time are good at the mo but it's still early mornings for me that are bad but I dunno about anyone else but mornings are always the last thing to come right for me on the way to recovery!! All the best if you do decide to start reducing your meds. I went down from 40mg's of Citalopram 4 years ago to 10mg and stayed on it for 3 more years without a blip day. I only came off it at all because last July my gp said it was time to come off it and I did brilliantly for almost a whole year before turning into an anxious wreck again when my hubby just had to go (;

Sam what a brill post! :D

It's day 4 on Trazodone for me and even though my sleeps not quite as good as the first night I took it (I woke up at 4am today) it's still a lot better than waking up at 1am which I was doing on Mirtazapine and then fighting panic all night. I've got virtually no side effects already, the morning panic is still there when I wake up but once that passes I'm having good days so far, felt a weenie bit flat today but just dwelling on things a little as the head teacher from my little boys new school rang today to officially offer him a place after half term so we're moving into our flat at long last. I'm being positive though telling myself Trazodone has a 69% success rate at making people who suffer with anxiety and panic attacks ok again!!! Plus when I'm having to cook every day again and clean and be a proper domesticated effort again I'll be far too busy to think about being anxious any more (or that's the plan, ha ha)

Have a lovely weekend every one xxx

Sober2000june
19-10-12, 17:39
good positive post Karen:)

Pipkin
19-10-12, 17:53
Hi all,

I'm having the busiest week and the weekend doesn't start until tomorrow lunchtime as I'm working in the morning. I'm knackered but feel fine so I'm off for an hour's nap before dinner and then an early(ish) night. No telling me off Pink - I'm feeling fine! I'm off the week after next so I'll recharge my batteries then.

Sorry I've not been contributing much but I promise I'll be back on form tomorrow.

Take care

Pip xxx

TJSMITH
19-10-12, 18:42
Hi all
first of all :hugs: to Nic and Pink, you are both strong ladies and never stay down long and forever supporting others on here.

Joy i have seen on the prozac forum to whoever was asking and last i saw she was still struggling, bless her :weep:.

Sober pleased you are feeling a bit better.

Well i feel the anxiety bubbling away today and dont really know why as was looking forward to weekend, feeling a little down and scared.
On the plus side i have an interview as a teaching assistant monday in another school although still hoping something permanant in my kids school. I told the teacher i work with and she said she doesnt want me to go and been singing my praises to the head so fingers crossed a miracle happens and they find the money to pay for me lol....

well know not a good idea but im going to crack open a bottle of wine as 2 years today my little boy has his life changing op in america :).

Hope you all have a good weekend, i will be checking in later xxxx

pinkdove
19-10-12, 18:44
pip what a busy week, and overtime too, but you sound ok, you can look forward to your week off....anything planned ???

im feeling calmer now went out at 11.30 and got back just after 5pm so a long day but i felt better as the da went on, now just going to watch telly tonight with my feet up :D

clio51
19-10-12, 19:11
Hi All

thanks sam for your strong advice, could really do with some claire weeks down my ear!

thanks everyone for your encouragement and well wishes:D

afternoon was better, partner pushed me to go out with him so plucked up courage put boots and coat on and off I went:yesyes: actually felt better for doing it after.

:bighug1: :bighug1:

Pipkin
19-10-12, 23:24
Pink - yes, it's been a really busy week and I'm looking forward to putting my feet up tomorrow afternoon and taking it easy. The last few weeks have been hectic but I'm feeling much better and I think it's almost a month since I increased so I've definitely settled now.

Off on a mini walking holiday for 4 days next weekend near to where we went last time. We've hired a cottage in the country and we're looking at buying somewhere where we can go regularly. I'll see how it goes.

I hope you're feeling a bit better - I know you'll be fine and, if you're struggling, be sure to let us know as we're always here for you. The same goes for everyone, of course. We're the V team after all!

Take care

Pip xxx

Tufty
20-10-12, 08:20
Is that V for Victory Pip?

Pipkin
20-10-12, 08:22
Is that V for Victory Pip?

Quite right :yesyes:

P x

pinkdove
20-10-12, 11:05
pip that sounds lovely a wee break before christmas and you will all need it, and it would be lovely to hav somewhere to go when you want to, hope you have a lovely weekend.

i am feeling better now, funny how we read to much into these wee blips, just part of the anxiety.

nothing much planned for this weekend, just see how it goes, nice here today tho' taking my parents to the opticians on monday, and the dreaded dentist on tuesday at 9am, so positive vibes please, had to put it on hold till my trapped nerve got better, even thought of just leaving it, but i want to be brave and finish my treatment, cant believe im saying that !!!!

hope everyone is ok this saturday morning, and for those who are still struggling :hugs: take it easy xxx

TJSMITH
20-10-12, 11:19
Morning all

Pink glad you feel better. I am in a lot of pain with my wisdom tooth grrrr waiting to have if out but will book emergency appointment Monday at dentist.
Can you take nurofen with meds? As paracetamol doesn't help.

Anxiety low lying but there again that dreaded scared feeling trying to take over but off isle of wright next week and looking forward to that.

Hope everyone else ok.

Ps joy not good I read this morning, god I feel for her c

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

Ps good luck pink x

pinkdove
20-10-12, 12:30
tracey sorry you are in pain i know what thats like, i take nurofen with no problems at all, took them for toothache and my trapped nerve, so im sure youll be fine, hope you feel better soon,

sorry to hear about joy, she is really going throuh it just now :hugs: joy if you read this xx

joy
20-10-12, 12:51
fStill struggling but shrink is convinced its side effects and to try and ride it out. All right for him when i feel so rough. Still he was lovely and upset for me and didnt charge me for the session!!almost go a cuddle from him which would have been nice from dr g

thanks for all the notes to me, nice to know you care

love joy

TJSMITH
20-10-12, 13:23
Ah joy it's such a cruel illness sending hugs.

Pink thanks I will take nurofen next, my hubby said what's worse toothache or anxiety to which I replied anxiety lol at least with the pain it's hard to think lol...

Chilling at my mums now who I don't see often x

Pipkin
20-10-12, 20:15
Hi all,

I've had a very busy day. Working this morning, straight to puppy class and then round town to do some shopping. I feel fine but tired - roll on my week off! I'm managing to fight off the cold that's going around but it's definitely lurking round the corner.

Pink - glad you're feeling a bit better. You'll be getting the vibes on Tuesday for the dentist. It's definitely the right thing to get it all out of the way.

Joy - sorry you're still feeling bad. I hope things start to settle soon. Stick it out with the meds and you might find it gets better.

Just going to have some dinner and then I'll be checking in for the quiz at 9. Come and join us in the chat room if you're around.

Hugs to all:hugs:

See you later

Pip xxx

Sober2000june
20-10-12, 21:53
another not bad day:yesyes:

spawn
20-10-12, 23:25
Hi peeps.. I've had a real busy week, late nights at work also worked today, loads of running around doing odd jobs, really over done things and everything caught up with me this afternoon, felt really on edge and tired. Tried to sleep for an hr but no joy earlier.
Could feel myself getting worked up so took diazepam, followed by my tea and half a bottle of red! Feeling more relaxed now, hopefully get a good nights sleep I need it!

Hope everyone is well.
Gav.x

Pipkin
20-10-12, 23:47
Yep, good here too Gav. I've also had a very busy week but at least it keeps us occupied!

Have a lazy day tomorrow - that's what I'm planning to do. A nice walk and then feet up with a book for the afternoon.

You're doing so much better than a few weeks ago. Well done!

Pip

spawn
21-10-12, 00:04
Cheers pip.x

I'm mostly packing 2moz for hols/wedding. And out for a meal at lunch, try and chill after!
Got to work Monday then I'm off for 8 days.

Gav.

karenp
21-10-12, 12:48
Take a couple of Diazepam with you Gav, I took one on the morning of my wedding and then supped a glass of something or other and I walked down that aisle calm as anything, it was my bridesmaid who was jittery with nerves, lol! Just remember, Ven's had time to start working now for you, blips do happen (even people who don't suffer liek us have low/nervous days!) but I reckion all you'll get next week is a few butterlifes just before your wedding but good nerves, not anxiety. I'd only been on Citalopram a month when I got married and though I was far from perfect on my wedding day I was calm as anything and went on Honeymoon and was too busy enjoying myself to think about the anxiety, you will be so so busy and distracted by everything (that lovely warm weather etc will do you a world of good!) and everything will be totally fine! All the very best of luck to you, you are gonna be so fine Gav (:

Glad you're feeling ok Pip. Is this puppy the little yorkie terrier????? Awwwww.

I'm not sleeping very well again as Trazodone is losing it's sedative effect pretty quickly. I am still waking up feeling very paniky too so went to a walk in centre in town yesterday morning to se eif I can up Traz but the dr I saw told me to see my own gp and for anxiety I can go up to 200mg's and told me it won't be working at all yet after only being on it a week. :doh:

nicola1980
21-10-12, 17:51
Hi all, well after a shity couple of days todays been better, think my antibiotics have kicked in as no high temps in the night last night and i slept from 8 till 8:30 this morning, only waking at 10pm to get my ass off the sofa and crawl upstairs into bed much to the amusment of hubby and jack lol!! this anxiety lark is tiring!!! hope everyone is ok :hugs: xx

Pipkin
21-10-12, 20:12
Evening all,

Quiet here today so I'm guessing everyone's been busy. Just the usual Sunday for me trying to relax after a busy week. I made the mistake of having a glass of wine with lunch which knocked me out for the afternoon. I'm such a lightweight these days - I blame the meds but it's probably just me getting old!

Nic - good to see you're a bit better. You've really not had much luck lately. It's probably a good idea to get a referral and find out what's behind it - you must be getting pretty fed up by now.

Karen - no not a Yorkie (Pink has one though). Mine's a little hound who spends all his time on the hunt. It should be for rabbits but it's usually crisp packets, bits of left-over food, empty plastic bottles etc. you have a dog too?

I hope everyone's ok.

Take care

Pip xxx