PDA

View Full Version : from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

clio51
13-11-12, 19:02
Hi All,
well a few us are feeling a bit flat arn't we? god this bloody depression,anxiety really likes testing us out!
I went to see psych yesterday I was very anxious even with taking a diazepam, she kept me waiting 20 mins and she didn't even have another patient with her my feet were dancing lol waiting. quite few questions about family,work,school etc. she wants to she me again in 3 MONTHS which I wasn't happy about but she said because i'm upping to 150mg they lto take effect at least 6 weeks told her I was scared meds but I feel so poorly anxiety/depression and still no appetite hardly so I will start 150mg next week, that's when i've been on 112.5mg for 2 weeks. I feel really flat and can't really say I have noticed any difference on them, I have been on them 9 weeks now. my partner said today he thinks I'm distant and always looking out of window, I know really that I can't be bothered talking and it feels like I have to push myself to communicate with him,( I sound horrible)but it's how I feel no motivation. I have to really push myself to eat meals, I have become to hate meal times, I can't even eat biscuits,crisps,choc and no way is that like me I love my crisps lol.
Did any of you go through this phase for this length of time on ven 8 weeks????

sorry for the moan guys, but I do really try, it's just so bloody hard and nothing comes naturally anymore.

hope the day picked up for you guys that are struggling , and everyone else hope you had a good day.
love and hugs to all xxxx

nicola1980
13-11-12, 19:05
Hi Clio, ven took a long time to kick in for me and i didn't really notice a real difference until i increased to 150mg and then slowly i noticed i was gradually starting to feel better but it was so gradual other people noticed it before me, hang on in there hun i promise it gets better :hugs: xxx

clio51
13-11-12, 19:28
Awh thanks Nic, that gives me some hope this must be the worst illness because it's one you can't see like a broken leg. If your anything like me when you see psych mon you will probably be crying. you doing really well to be there strong for your mum as well as going through your own stuff.:bighug1: from me Nic

Sam you do to much girl, slow down it's your bodies way of telling you that your immune system isn't good. If you have any honey in the house take a spoonful it will sooth it. sore throats are horrible you can't sleep with them because you feel like you can;t breath properly. It's not that we feel sorry for ourselves it's just we feel so ill and want to get better quick. :bighug1: from me sam

Pipkin
13-11-12, 19:45
Hi all,

Same day for me - still feeling very little anxiety, even though I've had a hell of a day at work. I got in an hour ago and have taken the pooch for a walk (he's much better) and now I'm going to put my feet up for an hour before I start some DIY with a couple of things that have arrived from eBay. Lucky me!

Clio - it took me a good 3 months to settle on 75mg and then a few months later, I decided it wasn't quite right so I increased to 150. As I said yesterday, I'm only now feeling the full effects and I increased 8 weeks ago. I know this is far easier said than done but all we can do is try our best to carry on as normal and the benefits tend to creep up on us. I've been through the loss of appetite and restlessness and I can assure you that it does get better. Try your best to eat regularly - little and often is usually easiest. My partner used to wave slices of pizza under my nose (my favourite) and it just made me nauseous. I used to force them down though, mainly out of politeness , and it helped in the long run.

For everyone who's not feeling too good, I guess all we can do is try our best to carry on. There's no secret to why I'm doing ok but, for me, staying as active as possible is crucial. If I didn't have to go out to work everyday, I know I'd sit at home and do very little (which is why I struggle when I'm on leave but at home). It's so hard to force yourself to do anything when all you feel like doing is staying in bed. It's exactly a year ago that I started to go seriously downhill and I spent 3 solid days in bed, even on my birthday - my worst one ever. You'll see from this thread that it took me until late Jan to start to improve and I had the worst few months ever in between. I hope never to go there again. In fact, I refuse to let my own mind put me through so much crap.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is hope and if I can do it anyone can. It's taken me more strength and determination than I thought I had but it is possible so never give up trying. The meds really do help and give us a bit of relief, the rest is down to us. You're all caring, strong and determined people - never forget that getting through each day is more than the average person has to deal with in a year.

Big :hugs: all round to my fantastic friends

Pip xxx

nicola1980
13-11-12, 20:03
Clio this really is the worst illness as it isn't noticable, my cpn used to say to me when i refused to use my diazepam to help me that id take a painkiller if id broke my leg etc and that i had to realise how ill i actually was, i can honestly say i NEVER want to go back to where i was this time last year EVER again, the past 2 weeks have been a real test for me and everyone keeps saying how well im coping and my mum and hubby have said their proud of me but its been so hard, grief is an awful thing to cope with at the best of times let alone when your fighting this demon too :mad: i started on ven in march and increased to 150mg in august and wish id done it sooner and i als=ways cry when i see my shrink lol even if im feeling ok!! you'll fet there its just a long climb up, as my mum says it doesn't take long to hit rock bottom but my life its a long big climb back up again :bighug1: xxx

clio51
13-11-12, 20:12
Nic Yer your right my psych told me when I went don't underestimate your illness, you are really very poorly and don't fight it, just go with what you feel like doing for that day if you only want to rest then rest. So this is exactly what I am doing, although I do have to push myself sometime to give me some motivation. But I get sooo tired lol always yarning. these next few months can't come quick enough I just want to get better.:bighug1:

Sober2000june
13-11-12, 21:40
Evening all,

Well, thank god this day is nearly over and i can go to the land of dreams. Been toiling since lunchtime. The fact that the work i am doing is soooo repetative just means every minute is an hr. cant even sit in front of ely in eves. Hoping to get that invite from the shrink who didnt want to see me this week. If the appt is weeks away im telling my GP im picking one at priory and thats that cus im fed up toiling. I know Laura has been doing really well since her ven was augmented with an antipsychotic(think at low dose has mild sedative properties. thing is the longer you go on the more your head convinces you its beyond repair(well mine anyway). Hoping another week orso at 150 will stabalise a bit cus this sucks. Fed up feeling like Clark Kent fighting Bad Superman - only this time the stubly tw@t is winning:mad:. That reminds me i have embraced Movember and I look a complete goon! The wife cannot stand it especially the fact that its ginger and grey and blond - I look like an 18 stone hamster:doh:

take care peeps

spawn
13-11-12, 22:56
Clio I improved a lot and quite quickly when upped to 150mg, I was on 75mg for around 4weeks, then straight up to 150, no real big issues either with SE's.
I wish u luck! :)

I'm feeling abit better 2nite, so that's good.
Have to see how next few days go!

clio51
14-11-12, 11:12
Hi All
well didn't feel to good late laste night can't put finger on it why just came on! when I went to bed started to rench, I should of really took a d but stupid me thought I could cope well I feel like iv'e been in the lightest sleep ever. so tired and really low and flat this morning renching again this morning so took a d when I got up. god i am so peed off with this illness. I feel numb can;t really explain it, like im in a world of my own and my head feels numb. It plays on my mind how I feel and it's hard to forget it and get on

How often do you guys see your psych's as I feel mine as left me to long went mon and not going again till jan so she isn't even monitoring my increase.

eveyrthing is a bloody effort, just can't wait to be able to just go and get on with things

hope you all having a better day than me guys:) just going to get breakfast now as I think I can just about get something down now and take ven

Tufty
14-11-12, 11:39
Oh no, not Movember I thought that was last years charity thing (so last year darling:D), I'm with your wife on that one and I don't expect she'll want to get to close and personal either. Well done for raising money thou, nearly halfway there, Hope it's not too itchy.

Great post pip and very good advice.

thanks Nicola and Brenda for the good wishes, I went into work this morning because I was needed and I'm a martyr but they sent me home because I'm full of a headcold and look pale and washed out. So I'm back in bed with the pooch warming up my feet having a browse on here before I try to have a nap for an hour or so.
You seem to be picking up a but gav, your posts seem more optomistic
How's everyone else today?

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

:hugs: Brenda,
It may be a bug and will not last long.
You will get back to your old self these hiccups along the way are to remind you to take care of yourself.
I don't see a pschyi anymore, I used to but didn't find it much help, they were only interested in medication, I'd had CBT already, it was always a few quick questions and writing a prescription. My gp wouldn't prescribe anything either if I was under the care if the psychi so I'm happier bumbling along without one but I've heard that some are great. I think there's a limit to what any dr can do but when I was at my worst I had weekly appointments with my gp so that I could report back how I was feeling, he didn't do or change anything but having that regular review did help me at the time, sometimes I would walk in and say I feel like crap and just by offloading I felt better:blush:
Hope you manage some brekkie and start to feel better x

nicola1980
14-11-12, 12:28
Sam hope you get some rest :hugs: Clio i see my shrink every 5-6 weeks at the min and she prescribes all my medication not my gp, she prob wants to see you in jan as she'll have a better idea then if the ven is working for you at 150mg, my retching stopped as soon as i increased to 150mg, before that i retched every morning it was horrid :mad: well im havin a bit of a better day, had a few tears when i got up this morning but thats to be expected i suppose, have dropped my Mum off at my Aunties to sort some of my Grandads things out and now im going to chill on the sofa for a bit, im so exhausted with everything plus having this damn chest infection is wearing me down, i sound like i smoke 50 a day at the min.....not my normal 20 lol!!! xxxxx

clio51
14-11-12, 18:35
Thanks Nic yes that's what she said but I just thought when she saw how bad I was she would want to see me sooner, as I couldn't stop cryingso was a bit shocked.

what you like still smoking with your chest bad:ohmy: only joking! I know what it's like when you smoke before my mum died she used to smoke and had a bad chest and it was the only thing that she enjoyed and she been smoking since 13 and was 74.
just be careful you don't let it get to bad or you will end up in hospital. my sister as asthma bad and is in and out of hospital esp in winter and she hates going in but it gets that bad nothing helps at home.

sam it's not bug this is how I react renching,sick
hope your feeling a bit better, stop being a hero going in work I worked for my last employer for 20 years and learnt the hard way in the end your just a number no matter how hard you work. my partner worked for the inland revenue in the directors office for 40 years and got no better thought off giving his all.

well was sick again after breakfast ugh!!! think it was the brushing teeth that did it!! so that set me back. push myself to cbt this afternoon felt like crap feeling a little better now and hoping I sleep tonight.

hope everyone else is coping and well as can be expected xx:bighug1:

nicola1980
14-11-12, 18:40
oh Clio the sickness and retching is horrible :mad: i had it every morning too but i promise it gets better and even with all the upset ive had the past 2 weeks ive not retched once....touch wood!!! try and get yourself up to the 150mg as soon as you feel able and im sure you'll notice a difference, my shrink said 150mg is the dose for panic/anxiety disorders, sending :hugs: xxxx

clio51
14-11-12, 19:41
can't believe guys the house across the road from ours have got there xmas lights on their house up and on!! OMG

or is it me being a misarable gite:D

Pipkin
14-11-12, 22:07
Evening everyone,

Long, long day at work and I've just got in. 14 hours and I'm completely knackered and off to bed soon but I thought I'd do a quick check in and see how you're all doing. I'm feeling fine with hardly any anxiety at all and overall, pretty positive.

Gav - we increased at the same time and I'm only just feeling the real benefit. Give it a bit more time before increasing as it takes ages to take full effect. I'm not surprised you're feeling a bit low after the wedding and holiday. You'll settle down so stay positive. You're doing great.

Big hugs to you all and I'll be back tomorrow.

Take care

Pip xxx

P.S. Pink - stop scratching!

rockbottok
15-11-12, 12:29
Urghhhh I feel shite today. :( does any if u suffer from struggling to get up in the morning? Went to bed at half 1 this morning and couldn't get out of bed till 11 this morning and I feel really disappointed in myself for it. I'm like tho most mornings. Just got hardly any get up and go. Also every morning my mum takes my little boy to school cos I just can't get up. ( we live in the same house) feel really disappointed in myself today :( my get up and go has defo got up an gone xx

nicola1980
15-11-12, 14:40
Lou wish i could sleep in, im always wide awake by 6 even on the weekends :mad: maybe try and go to bed a bit earlier hun?? im not feeling too bad again, saw my cpn tihis morning who was pleased with how ive coped the last few weeks but she stressed i looked tired so i need to look after myself aswel as my mum so i took her advice and had a nap on the sofa when she'd gone lol!! hope everyone is ok :hugs: xxx

Annip
15-11-12, 16:52
Hi all
You're so right Nicola about listening to your body and resting as much as possible. I know last time I was bad I just wanted to be able to carry on as normal but I couldn't and in the end I just had to rest...especially with taking diazepam and zopiclone aswell.
Clio- I feel for you as I know exactly what you're going through. The wretching every morning (and sometimes being sick) is horrid and not feeling like eating :weep: I tried to eat bits of anything I could stomach, through the day. I made sure I ate just before I took my tablet each time too. I also took peptobismol which helped with the sickness. You will get better and you will come out the other side....it does take time though. Celebrate little achievments that you make eg you got to cbt today well done. just brushing my hair was an achievment for me sometimes. :yesyes: xx
Take care all Anni xx

Pipkin
15-11-12, 18:41
Evening everyone,

Not such a long day for me today and now only a day until the weekend. We get to skive off puppy school on Saturday because of the cough (the dog's, not mine) so I'll think of something fun to do. In fact, Freddie's much much better and could probably go but I don't want him to give it to the others if he's still infectious.

I've been to the GP today who was running an hour late. I was a nervous wreck by the time I got in there but he was lovely, as always. It was my med review after my increase. Apparently I have exemplary blood pressure and he's now happy for me to stay on this dose for as long as I want to and he doesn't need to see me again until March. He was quite clear about it being my choice how long I stay on this med and that's made me feel much better. Another GP told me a few months ago that I should be aiming to come off it in a couple of months and that sent me into panic mode.

Anyway, that's quite enough of me. How are the rest of my ven buddies getting on? I was reflecting that it's strange how we're all so different. Some of us sleep like babies but wake early (that's me), whilst others can't sleep or can't get up in the morning. I guess our bodies all react to anxiety in different ways and the only way we can cope and get enough rest is to go with the flow. There's nothing worse for my anxiety than lack of kip.

Speaking of which, I'm totally zonked so I'm having a lie down for half an hour before dinner. Big hugs all round and don't forget to ask if you need some extra support - I'm never far away.

Take care

Pip xxx

Tufty
15-11-12, 19:55
Hi Guys,
Lou - try to go with the flow, you must need the rest if you're struggling to get up, have you tried going to bed alittle earlier? I need at least 8 hours kip a night and struggle the next day if I don't get this. Your get up and go will return as you recover - it just takes time, take care.
I worked for just 5 hours today, then took the pup out and went to bed for a few hours, I was so tired I couldn't move when I lay in bed and went to sleep instantly. My cold is streaming but the sore throat has gone.
How's Pink, Paul and Gav?
Love Sam

TJSMITH
15-11-12, 20:38
Hi everyone
Sorry bit been on here of late but have been keeping an eye.

Hugs to all that are still struggling.

Well I'm two weeks into my new job at school, the kids keeping me on my toes and busy lol.... Best of all I love it and seems to keep them demons at bay.
I'm extremely tired but finally feel proper progress.
The medication helps but a lot has also cond through hard work.
I know I will still have bad days but really hopeful with time it will get even better.

How's everyone else????
I can't thank you all enough for your support through my wobbles and not forgotten you all by any means xxxx

clio51
15-11-12, 23:29
Hi Tracey, was wondering how you were coping at your new job, glad your doing well. thought you would be in bed now with school in morning? you must be good at getting up? xx

spawn
15-11-12, 23:33
Hey Sam, I'm doing ok, ive had a few headaches, night sweats, weird dreams but feeling abit happier and better than last week, so I think it was just a blip?
Work has gone mad, so I'm really busy just had 15k's worth booked in to take me up to jan! I really must not over do it, or get stressed because I'm so worried about going down hill, but on the other hand I want to push my self to prove I can carry on a normal life and get better.

Gav.

clio51
15-11-12, 23:40
Hi Gav
excellent you are better than last week, what you have to do it find the middle line, don't over do it but then make your you are busy, :yesyes:
as a matter of interest what is your business you don't have to answer that.

I'm upping to 150mg tomoz, bit scared in case I start getting SE but iv'e prob got some of them already I sleep very light and wake early.

spawn
15-11-12, 23:53
Clio your be fine at 150mg's, the SE's of upping are not to bad :)
My sleep got better once I settled on 150 aswell.
I own a car body shop.

rockbottok
16-11-12, 00:38
Well done gav. A blip is so disheartening. Think I'm going through one at the mo :( x

---------- Post added at 00:38 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Sam....I do have every intentions of getting an early night but evening I'm just not tired. Mornings is a total diff matter. Xxx

Tufty
16-11-12, 09:57
Thinking of you Brenda, I'm sure you'll be OK on the increase

Good to hear you're doing better Gav, great news about the work coming in but do remember to take time for you and take care of yourself - you are what you eat and all that crap :blush:

Great news Tracey, I'm really pleased that you've settled in so well and quickly to your new job but same advice as Gav above - take some time for you.

Lou - how's this morning been?

I'm off today, full of cold and anxious but not terrible, so spending a day at home doing housey stuff!
Love to all
Sam

Badger74
16-11-12, 10:14
Hi everyone

Ok if i join in? I'm starting Ven tonight; 3 days of 37.5mg at night followed by 37.5mg am & pm for 2 wks before going back to the MH nurse. I tried sertraline for about 3 weeks in the summer my GP took me off it after experiencing pins & needles. I've tried about 5-6 other AD's over the past 15 yrs and not experienced any improvement in my anxiety, so i'm hoping that a different type altogether will do something for me this time. I also take diazepam as & when and 40mg of proprananol up to 3 times a day as needed too.
I'm also having 1-2-1 CBT which does seem to be going in the right direction, so with all this, its fingers crossed i'll get some kind of long term relief..
Serena

kittikat
16-11-12, 18:09
Welcome Serena!

I wish you luck with the Ven, I too started on 37.5 and increased to 75 which is where I have been for the past 10 weeks now. I had terrible SE's on other meds and have found Ven to be a walk in the park compared to others I had tried. I am doing much better since starting them. We are all here to help & support you through.

I have just finished my CBT this week and this has also given me the skills to help deal with little blips along the way. All I can advise is to stay as positive as you can and don't keep checking yourself for every little symptom and relate it to the meds. Just try and go with the flow.

I also take diazepam which has helped and I am on a beta blocker too.

Keep us posted on your progress :hugs: I hope it's as easy for you as it was for me.

To everyone else....big hugs if you are struggling :bighug1: xx
Pink, Nicola, Gav, Pip, Tony, Paul, Tracey, Clio, Sam and all, hope all is well xxxx

nicola1980
16-11-12, 18:55
Hi and :welcome: Serena :D, well ive had an awful day, my Grandad has been on my mind all day and ending up breaking down crying this afternoon, think ive been trying to be so strong for my mum these past 3 weeks that its just got to me today :weep: i keep remembering things about him from my childhood as he absoutley idolised me and my sister when we were young, took myself off to bed this morning as felt so drained and tired but just dreamt of him, i know this is all normal in the grief process but ts so hard sometimes :weep: hope everybody else has had a better day :hugs: xxx

kittikat
16-11-12, 20:07
Aww, Nicola...thinking of you hun :bighug1::flowers: xxx

Pipkin
16-11-12, 20:16
:hugs: Nic. Your Granddad will never be far away - I'm sure mine's still around keeping an eye on me.

Pip xxxxxx

karenp
17-11-12, 10:21
Nicola I am so so sorry to hear about your Grandad, you poor love, can things get any worse for you this year!
I've been on just wanted to pop onto the Ven forum and see how every one is doing. I've started yet another ad (I'm on Escitalopram now) and was bricking it when my doctor first gave me it as I really expected it to be like old Citalopram but it's been really easy to start up on so far though I am only on half of a 5mg pill until Monday and ten I am going to up it and work my way to the theraputic 10mg dose but my new gp's are so much better. They haven't hesitated to help me through the start up with some Lorazepam so I'm taking 2mg's of those a day when I first wake up and by about 9am I am feeling pretty much normal already, it's probs the Lorazepam keeping me chilled not the escit but I'm kind of hoping it's a bit of both and I have read in some cases Escitalopram can work very fast, hope so as I relaly want to be better by christmas and it's not far off is it (panic!!!!! ha hahaha) But yep, so far so good and I dont feel spacey or anything, I had a few bad heads for a couple of days but I'm finding the Escit alot easier than when I tried Venlafaxine so if you ever need to try another ad peeps, I highly recommend Escitalopram (:
Really hope every one is ok and feeling much better. Did you get married then Gavin? :D

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Ps.Once again Nicola, so sorry to hear about your Grandad xxxx

pinkdove
17-11-12, 12:30
hi guys, still here, had a couple of low days, but picking up a bit now, just wish i could feel 100% me tho'

nicola, you have done so ell this past couple of weeks, and its not surprising its hitting you now, you need to do your grieving, but you should be so proud of how you've handled things, ad helped your mum, rest when you need too and take care xx

gav so plesed you are feeling a bit better, these blips can be so hard to cope with, but your business is doing well, and you are geting there :D so maybe good times ahead for you...i hope so xx

karen good luck on the escitalopram, i've heard some reall good reports about it, purer than citalopram with less side effects, hope it works well for you xx

pip how are you ??? i know freddie is better, thats good news, still got this nagging cough, (but no scratching tho') hope you are enjoying your weekend xx

paul how you doing ????

hope everyone else is doig ok xxx:hugs: to all my ven buddies xxxx

Sober2000june
17-11-12, 15:28
Hi Pink,
Still here. Have had a hard week on 150 this week. more frequently getting this feeling i have to shake my head rapidly from side to side. Could really see this becoming a tic soon:scared15:. Really wished i hadnt listened to my counsellor friend in AA 15 months ago and embarked on the Med go round:weep:. One of my group members also suggested if theyre bothering me so much, stop taking them:ohmy:. If only he knew!

Pipkin
17-11-12, 16:16
Hello all,

Not too bad here apart from a thumping headache as I think I'm a bit dehydrated - a few too many glasses of wine last night :blush:

Pink - good to see you back. I noticed you hadn't been on for a couple of days but I know you'll be ok. At least you're feeling a bit better now - you're pretty good at riding through it, I know.

I'm off for a lie down to see if I can get rid of my headache. If not, I'll pop some paracetamol. Believe it or not, I try not to take tablets unless I have to!

See you all later

Pip xxx

spawn
17-11-12, 17:05
Karen yes I got married!..lol
It was wonderful!
I'm pretty good today,went to work til mid day, and just been for a walk through the woods.
Feeling a lot more settled than last week.

Sorry your having a bad time Nic. X

Annip
18-11-12, 13:57
Hi all
Reading the posts on here recently and it seems things are looking up for some people. Hope it stays like this.
Nicola-things will get better for you, losing a loved one is so difficult I know.
Pink-hope you are feeling better and all your meds are sorted
Clio-hope you have had some better days.
Gav-well done for getting all that business. Remember to take it easy when you can
Take care to everyone else too
Anni x:yahoo:

Badger74
18-11-12, 21:43
Hi Nicola, Kat and everyone

Nicola, my condolences on your loss. I really feel for you.

Well, I started my meds last night and the only odd thing was that I woke up middle of the night with this obsessive thought/image dream type thing going round & round in my mind and I couldn't shift it. I tried my usual breathing and meditation exercises but it wouldn't go. So I popped a diazepam watched tv for an hour or so and then got back to sleep. I've not experienced anything like that for ages, not since I used to drink. So today I got up at 9, had brekkie and then had almost 2 hrs kip at 10am as I was so shattered! Hope that's not going to be the norm as I'm back to work tomorrow! :)
So really, it's so far so good.
Will report back tomorrow.
x

pinkdove
19-11-12, 10:16
morning guys, paul, yea if only they knew, i sometimes wish i'd just used diazapam till i felt better, but i was so bad then i would have tried everything, re the shakey head, maybe have a word about that, or pip may be able to advise you, sounds distressing tho' hope you feel better this week xx

very quiet on here, hope its because you are all feeling a bit better,

badger, good luck with the meds, try not to think about it once you've taken it, keep busy, and im sure you'll settle on then, keep us updated, we're here for you xx

niola, how are you feeling today ???

pip monday morning :ohmy: but you were ok last monday, i think the 150mg is doing the trick for you, how was your weekend ???

hows everyone else this morning ????

i've had a busy weekend, hubbys birthday yesterday, so we had a housefull of family, which i enjoyed :D went to the gp with him on friday, they think he might be diabetic, so fasting blood tests for him on friday, and the dreaded dentist for me tomorrow :scared15: positive vibes please....stll a woose lol

Pipkin
19-11-12, 13:14
Afternoon all,

Well it's freezing here but I've gone for a lunchtime walk as I'm feeling a bit dopey and need to blow the cobwebs away. Otherwise, everything's fine.

Pink - sounds like a busy weekend. Is it your last trip to the dentist tomorrow? The vibes will be heading your way though I'm not sure if you need them anymore being as brave as you are!

Paul - never heard of the shaking head thing. What do you feel like that's making you want to do that. Is it a kind of fuzzy head that you feel you need to clear?

Back to work before I freeze.

Back later

Pip xxx

nicola1980
19-11-12, 16:16
Hi all, well i crashed and burnt at the weekend :ohmy: think its been the shock of the past 3 weeks catching up with me, spent all sat and yesterday in tears and anxious but thankfully i had my shrink appointment this mornng who was lovely and wasn't surprised in the slightest as to how i was feeling, she said considering what id been through and what id told her id coped amazingly well, she prescribed me some diazepam and sleeping tablets as im waking throughout the night and not able to get back off and im seeing her again in 8 weeks but she did say if i needed her before then to ring up and she'll see me, i cried loads whilst in with her and i must say i felt better when i came out, she told me ive got to allow myself to grieve now and heal, my mum bless her came in with me and said id been a rock to her over the past few weeks which made me cry even more!!! i had a bit of a panic on today as Jacks got a friend for tea and i kept thinking what if's etc but ive gave myself a good talking too and the boys are happy as larry playing on the xbox!! hope everyone is ok xxxxxx

pinkdove
19-11-12, 17:53
nicola sorry you've ad such a tough time, although im not surprised, sometimes its when we come down that we feel the effects, like a delayed reaction, take your psyc's advice and take it easy, hope you feel better soon,

pip, no 2 more appointments to go, but i could see tomorrow far enough, i dont think it gets any easier for me tho' not had the bestday today, been really cold here too, so been lounging on the sofa, never a good thing for me. maybe jut monday morning blues xx

nicola1980
19-11-12, 17:58
Thanks Pink, good luck tomo, will be thinking of you :hugs: xx

Pipkin
19-11-12, 18:50
Nic - I feel for you and Pink's right, it's all catching up with you now. Things will get better, it's just hard to see that at the moment. Make sure you're looking after yourself. :hugs:

Pink - I've felt rough all day too but more physically and the weather really doesn't help. It won't be long now until you have your Osmond smile - I'll be able to see it glowing from the other side of Yorkshire! Don't worry, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Is it 9am as usual?

Pip xxx

pinkdove
19-11-12, 21:09
pip yes 9am, but im really brckin it this time, think it was the last visit, and i haven't had the drill yet, i think the filings will be longer than the extractions, im really getting myself worked up tonight, hubby is telling me how brave i've been so far (feel like a 5 year old ) but i feel like not going, sorry for the moan, not been the greatest day here either x

Pipkin
19-11-12, 21:22
Pink - hubby's right, you have done so well and of course you'll go. If you can put up with an extraction, a filling's a walk in the park. This time tomorrow, it'll all be over. You can do it!

Pip :hugs:

spawn
19-11-12, 23:01
Hi guys, well ive improved again, so thats good.
Been a busy day, ended up working 11hrs today, not funny! I should of stopped but i was in the middle of a job so couldnt, silly i know!

Feeling pretty good all round and have stopped taking diazepam again :)
Right im of to bed!

Hope everyone is well :)

Badger74
20-11-12, 09:54
Hi all

Well, i'm on day 4 now. Today i started one tablet in the morning and the second will be at night. So far, i've not had anything SE wise which is really good. Did any of you manage to start on these whilst still continuing to go to work? In the past i've had to be signed off when starting new AD's due to the SE's... but so far, i'm working and only feel slightly odd, which is very normal fo me anyway ;)

pinkdove
20-11-12, 10:38
morning guys, just back fro the dentist 2 fillings today, so still a bit numb, but i did it, just 1 more appointment to go 4th dec, 1 more filling and scale and polish, so im feeling proud of myself, although took 6 mg diazapam :blush: but it did the trick, going out at lunch time with my mum, so that will be a distraction.

nicola hope you feel better today hunni xx

pip thanks for your support, and hope you are a bit more settled today xx

badger well done you, i foud that ven was so much easier to start up than citalopram, it sounds as if you're coping well, i don't work at the moment, but i know pip continued to go to work xx

gav 11 hours work, wow !!!! so glad you are feeling a bit better, just remember not to overdo things xx

hows everyone else today ????

Badger74
20-11-12, 11:53
Well done Pink; that is such a major acheivement, doesn't matter how many tabs you had to take; you did it! :)

Enjoy your lunch; just don't dribble too much ;)
x

nicola1980
20-11-12, 12:28
Well done Pink :D Badger i dont work but if i did i would have been signed off i think as i was in a really dark plae when i started the ven after 2 failed AD attempts before but it was hell of alot easier than starting cit omg i thought i was dying on that!! Your doing really well x x

rockbottok
20-11-12, 13:18
Hi guys

Just a quick pop in. I'm feeling ok. Still struggling with the tiredness in mornings. But if that's all I've got to complain about then surely that's a good thing.

Well done pink with the dentist. I hate the dentist too so know how u feel.

What I don't understand is why nearly everyone on here gets to see a psychiatrist and I don't? I've been suffering from this practically constantly for 5 years now and nothing. Also I don't ever take diazepam as I'm scared ill get addicted to it so I've always refused it. But I guess I I'm able to cope without it now for so long then I don't need to start now. I'm a bit like pip, I am funny about taking tablets (funny ay)

Lou x

Badger74
20-11-12, 14:13
Hi Lou

I've never seen a psychaitrist, just a mental health nurse and that's only been when things have been so bad that i've been signed off work and that has happened about 4 times in 11 years..

I'm amazed you've survived 5 yrs without taking diazepam; that's really brilliant. When things are really bad for me, i have to take it as nothing else works. But luckily, that's not too often.

I don't really like taking tablets either, and have tried for years to solve my problems with diet, exercise and supplements alone but its just not getting rid of it, so i thought i'd try again with AD's. As for diazepam; my mum's a nurse and also hates to take any conventional meds but is v laid back about my taking my occassional 2mg as she says its such a tiny amount.

Does anyone else take regular vitamins/supplements to help?

pinkdove
20-11-12, 15:08
lou i had to ask to see a psyc, as the gp's were not able to help after a few ad's. i dont worry about getting addicted to diazapam, been takin them for years, but can do withot thm for weeks/months at a time, i still feel tired in the mornings, put that down to the meds tho' but you sound better than you did a cuple of weeks ago, whens the doggy due her pups ????

serena i dont take supplemens, but im thinking about it, due to the tiredness, and lack of motivation at times, had thought about 5htp, but not sure about that being on effexor......any suggestions ?????

nicola1980
20-11-12, 15:33
I also had to ask to be refered to a physchatrist due to failed AD attempts and being at the end of my tether, i couldnt function at all it was a nightmare x x

kittikat
20-11-12, 17:04
I asked my GP to refer me to a psychaitrist but he said I did not need to see one. I still often wonder if this is a funding issue although my Doc is brilliant as was my CBT therapist.

Lou, I also take diazepam, I have been on it daily for over a year now and I am very slowly reducing my dose. I have also taken it prevoiusly on an 'as & when' basis for the past 6 years. it has at times been a lifesaver for me.

Pink, well done at the dentist, I hope that's it for a while now! xx

Nicola, I hope you are feeling ok hun, I know you & mum are supporting eachother xx

I am doing ok, still having some low days and anxiety but do feel that I have made great progress since starting the Ven. I do have the tiredness and weird dreams :wacko:

Clio, Pip, Gav, Tony, Paul, Tracey, Sam & everyone else, big hugs to all :bighug1: Hope you are all ok xx

rockbottok
20-11-12, 17:13
Well I've never even seen a mental health nurse. :( I got referred once when I was pregnant and going thro my worst bout of depression and anxiety and at 17 weeks still not wanting by baby (feel bad for saying that now as I love her so much) but they looked at my case and 3 weeks later declined me as they said there is still things drs could do for me. Was gutted. I was near suicidal.

My dad is a big sufferer of this and has been on anti ds for 30 years. So when I'm bad it really helps me to talk to him as I know he has been there. He was referred to the mental health team and he was accepted years back but obvo doesn't see them anymore.

Diazepam just really scares me as I think I'll get addicted. What does it feel like when you take them??

Lou xxxx

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Also pink I've hot a litter due this week. Probs weekend. Love it. Always cheers me up. And yea im feeling alot better this week. I get really really weird dreams too. Sometimes I have to sit and think if it was a dream or not lol. Xx

kittikat
20-11-12, 17:54
Diazepam just really scares me as I think I'll get addicted. What does it feel like when you take them??

For me, Diazepam just 'takes the edge off' the anxiety. I feel slightly chilled (not spaced lol) and more relaxed. You may feel just a little more tired than usual if you have never taken it before. I certainly was able to function completley normally and did not ever feel 'out of control' It is a very gentle drug. An odd 2mg here and there will not get you addicted but only you can decide hun. Kitti xx

Pipkin
20-11-12, 19:02
Hi everyone,

Feeling pretty perky today, despite getting cold and wet taking the dog for a walk. Very little anxiety in the mornings anymore. The higher dose has definitely settled in now but it really does take a while - 9 weeks since I increased.

Pink - well done! Of course, I knew you'd do it. The feeling of relief afterwards is great, isn't it? Imagine what you'll feel like next time when you've finished your treatment and don't have to go back for 6 months, and then only for a check-up. You're a great example of what we can all do when we put our minds to it.

Lou - I've only been referred to a psychiatrist once and that was over 20 years ago when I was in a real state. It was ok but I refused to believe any of my symptoms were caused by anxiety so I spent the whole time resisting. Since then, I've managed virtually completely on my own and med free with just a couple of bad spells where I've needed help, now being one of them. I've never taken any benzos and have always declined them when the GP has suggested them. I know they work really well for most people but I'd rather get by in other ways - that's just me. Having said that, I have beta blockers in case of emergencies and they work a treat for me.

Having read that back, I can't believe I've suffered from this horrendous illness for most of my life (it started in my early teens) - I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Still, I'm not one to live in regret and it makes us who we are.

Before I bore you all to tears with my rambling (I'm obviously in a pensive mood) there are 2 things which I think have got me through. One is work - I've always worked full time. The second is that I vowed never to let my anxiety impact on the quality of my partner's life (and now indeed my dog's!). I said to myself that I'd walk away if that happened and that thought has generally kept me going as walking away is the last thing I want to do. It just gives me something to aim for and, amongst many weaknesses, willpower is one of my strengths.

Enough from me, see you all later

Take care

Pip xxx

JezKnowsBest
21-11-12, 09:55
Hello everyone, I hope nobody minds me crashing the thread!

I've been on 37.5mg of venlafaxine for a week now and I'm about to take my first 75mg tablet. I'm forcing down loads of toast and tea before taking it, I don't want to make the same mistake as I did the first time I took it(nobody told me to take it with food!).

I'm a bit worried about taking it, I've just gotten used to the 37.5mg dose and the SE from that but I have so many stressful things coming up I don't want to miss a dose(my psychiatrist prescribed me one week's worth of 37.5mg and one week's worth of 75mg, I have to see my GP for more).

I hope everyone is well.

Jez.

pinkdove
21-11-12, 10:08
:welcome: jez i think you've been through the start up effects, and well done for that, in my opinion the increase is never as bad as starting, but you are right i always take mine with food, and have never had any advrse effects at all, you will get all the support you need here, so keep posting and good luck x

pip gald you had a perkier day yesterday :yesyes: but get those wellies and mac out for those walks with freddie, scarf and gloves too, im not too bad today, vey wet here today, so having a day at home, must say my tooth is hurting more since i saw the dentist, buthe did say it might, sorry for the moan, hope you have a perky day today, take care xx

hows everyone else today ????

JezKnowsBest
21-11-12, 10:25
Thanks Pink, I'm looking forward to some relief in a few week's time! I rather stupidly put off taking them for a couple of months and now I'm stuck going through the start-up phase at the same time as quitting smoking, entertaining overseas guests(in-laws), moving house to somewhere completely different(city to remote moorland village) and Christmas with two young children where I've agreed to my parents and brother coming to our new house for the day. I don't make it any easier for myself, eh? :)

Pink I went to the dentist after 13 years of avoidance and the major filling I was dreading turned out fine and the piddly tiny one that I didn't think I needed(no pain or sensitivity whatsoever) has turned into a very sensitive tooth that aches on and off! Dentists, I swear they make it up as they go along

Pip, I'm glad to hear you're feeling well! Would you say your dog is a positive influence for you? I haven't had a dog since childhood (it would be cruel to have a dog in this house, only got a back yard and the house isn't at all big enough downstairs) but now we're moving I'm thinking of getting one again, those twice daily walks would really force me out of the house, where I tend to hole myself up to avoid people.

Hope to speak soon, I'd better go and get some cleaning done as I've got people coming to view the house tomorrow :S

Jez.

Annip
21-11-12, 10:32
Hi all, Weather is awful in the midlands...doing housework today:) well..after I finish on the computer! Reading some posts about diazepam... Hi Lou..I took this when I first started taking ven.It certainly helped with the anxiety..makes you feel drowsy, and certainly calms you. At first it made me sleep each time I took it. I took 2mg 3 times a day for about 2 months and reduced it by a quarter of a tablet each week to reduce any side effects which as far as I know I didn't get any. I don't need it now.
Well done Pink..at the dentists. I hate going but usually manage as long as I don't go alone. My friend gets into a state just talking about it.x
So pleased Gav that you are feeling better..keeping busy is the trick but don't over do it.
Nicola...hope you are getting bit better as each day goes by.
Kitti-I was referred to see a counsellor with my first panic attack (after ending up in hospital) she helped a great deal. Some one to talk to who didn't judge, explained all about anxiety and panic. I was also referred for CBT but I didn't go in the end. I did some online. It is hard cos it makes you face your anxieties and work through them.
Take care all
Anni x:D

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

Hi Jez
Yes you need to take with food and remember to take them at the same time each day
Anni

JezKnowsBest
21-11-12, 16:16
Well, today has been a total write off. I became so drowsy after taking the tablet I fell asleep whilst my daughter was having her morning nap! Since waking I have been yawning non-stop, even when I dragged myself out to fetch my other daughter from preschool. I feel quite spaced out and very anxious. I almost had a panic attack on the school run as I became obsessed with walking oddly and that everyone was staring, thinking I was drunk or something :S. I have lots of people coming to view the house tomorrow, strangers, in my home-the thought fills me with dread and terror. They'll be looking in my cupboards and judging me...I know it's not true but that's where my mind takes me, in my mind the world is a hostile place where nobody likes me and bad things are always waiting to happen. I need to talk myself out of this spiral or I'm going to make myself very unwell :(

Badger74
21-11-12, 16:35
Hi Jez

Sorry you're having such a bad day; you've done really well to get out the house and pick your daughter up. Have you tried using thought records at all? I find them really helpful when i get in a negative thinking cycle.. here's a link to one if you need it:
http://ohsheglows.com/2011/11/02/how-to-reframe-a-negative-thought-with-a-thought-record/
It really helps to just get it all out on paper rather than letting the thoughts go round & round your head all the time.
:)

JezKnowsBest
21-11-12, 17:09
Thanks, Badger. Funny, my fiance's nickname is badger(he has black hair and is greying at the temples). I'll have a look at the thought record, I used to keep a diary but whenever I read through what I've written it's such an endless whingefest that I get very depressed! Obvious solution of course would be to not read it once I've written it but for some reason I can't help myself. Still, I will have a look and thanks for the concern.
I hope everyone else has had a better day than I have.

Jez.

Badger74
21-11-12, 21:49
My badger nickname came from some dodgy blonde highlight stripes I had about 10 yrs ago and it just kind if stuck :) I really like the thought records as they make you think about what you'd say to someone else feeling & experiencing what we are and if you're anything like me. It's so much easier to be understanding and compassionate to someone else rather than yourself and so you can at least end it on a positive note. Are you taking any other meds to help with the first few weeks of the Ven? I take a beta blocker first thing to take the edge off the shakes and have taken the occasional diazepam too. But I'm on day 2 of 70mg today and had no side effects or weirdness today at all & no diazepam either. So I'm really feeling positive that these might actually help me. Might be worth getting some of these if you can?

Sober2000june
22-11-12, 10:33
Hi all,

just checking in to say last few days have been b it more "normal" and that the head shaking is not just as bad. Hoping to come down further cus not getting what id thought from antid's. STILL waiting on an appt from this consulatant who initailly didnt want to see me.
Not sure whether to go private or not as I have lost what little faith I had in the psychiatric “profession”

:welcome: to the new posters sorry dont post as often, find it a bit overwhelming with so many members now(that is agood thing tho, just not for my slow to learn brain).

take care folks:hugs:
Paul

JezKnowsBest
22-11-12, 13:55
Yes Badger, I find it very difficult to admit that I have any problems or that I'm not coping. I was brought up never to complain about anything, never cry or talk about feelings so now as an adult it's nearly impossible for me to accept that struggling with emotions etc isn't just me being weak.

It's my second day on 75mg and although I had the same extreme tiredness in the morning I feel a bit better now than I did at this time yesterday. I do keep having these moments of extreme anxiety though, I feel my heart leap into my throat and the shaky, panicky feeling washes over me but it doesn't last long thankfully. I don't know if my doctor would give me anything else, he doesn't really know much about my 'issues' he's just been copied in on all the letters back and forth from surgery to psychiatrists'. I saw a different GP initially who referred me for evaluation but all of the correspondence has gone to my named GP, who hasn't seen me with regards to mental health.

rockbottok
22-11-12, 14:48
Urghhhh my anxiety is high today and I have no idea why. My whole body feels a bit wired (so to speak) hate it. Haven't had this is months :( x

Pipkin
22-11-12, 23:41
Hi everyone,

I've been really busy for the last couple of days and have struggled to find time to check in. I'm feeling fine despite the miserable wet and windy weather. One more day at work and then a couple of days' rest are in order.

Lou - sorry you're having such a hard time. Is there anything triggering your anxiety at the minute or is it just random? Sometimes I just feel anxious for no reason at all - it's just my mind playing tricks on me. Things will get better - just try to stay distracted and practise some relaxation techniques, if you can. We're always here if you need us :hugs:

Jez - having a dog has been a mixed bag but overall, very positive. It nearly finished me off at first as it's a long time since I had a dog and I'd forgotten how they can demand so much time, especially puppies. I really thought I'd made a terrible mistake. Pink talked some sense into me and I persevered which is the best thing I could have done. I wouldn't be without him now and I've found a new routine which suits us both. I'm definitely out walking more than ever too which is very good for me. Overall, I'd recommend it but it takes a lot of hard work at first.

Well, bed beckons. See you all tomorrow. Hi to all my ven buddies.

Take care

Pip xxx

Badger74
23-11-12, 10:14
Morning All
Unfortunately a nausea side effect seems to have kicked in big-time since yesterday :( I'm now on day 5 of 70mg. Did anyone else have this and do you have any helpful advice on what i can do? I take my morning dose after a proper breakfast and i've been drinking lots of water and ginger tea; but it's not really touching it.
I'd appreciate any advice!
Thx

pinkdove
23-11-12, 10:20
morning guys, well afer my visit to the dentist on tues, i hae had terrible pain, he said it might be sore and be sensitive for a couple of days, but i have been on painkillers every few hours, i know i should ring,but i havehad enough, and i need time to syc myself up before going, im hoping it will get better over the weekend or i'll have to ga back :ohmy:

pip glad you are keeping busy, and te weekend is nearly here, do you still feel tired on the 150mg, i do, still have to push myself to get motivated, going out today, pain and all, but i need to keep busy, speak soon take care xx

lou, i can still have the odd day where my anxiety is quite bad, are you still taking 150mg ?? hope you have a better day today xx

quiet on here, really hope you are all ok xx

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

serena sorry crossed posts, when i got really bad nausea with citalopram, my gp gave me some tabs to help. and they really did, so if its eally not settling ringup and have a word, you are doing well tho' hope things settle soon. also i found peppermint tea helpfull xx

Badger74
23-11-12, 10:35
Oh thanks Pink; i might see how it is over the weekend then and if still bad on Monday; give her a ring. I can propbably cope at the weekend, but at work its difficult.
I might also be extra anxious as my hubs is working all day tomorrow as usual and my Mum went to India for 3 mths holiday last week and i usually see her and then he's out with my brother for stag do tomorrow night too, so i'm all alone for the whole day and night and that always makes me very anxious. i'm going to try and get a friend to come over but they might all be busy at such short notice. I'm going to try and look at it as a good thing if i am on my own, as will give me some time to watch anything i like on tv and have a play with my hair as there's lots of socials coming up over the next few weeks. trying to keep positive :)

Pink, i'm so sorry your tooth isn't sorted yet; how annoying after all you've been through. Maybe you just need some stronger prescribed painkillers from the dentist, he might not even have to see you let alone touch your teeth. Why not give him a ring, as a compromise till Monday?x

JezKnowsBest
23-11-12, 13:27
Hello everyone,

Pip, thanks, I'm prepared for the hard work, I was thinking of rehoming a slightly older dog, provided they're good with my children, obviously. I'm a housewife so I'll be there in the day to give it lots of attention and take it out etc. I won't even look at dogs until we're moved and settled into our new life though.

Badger, sorry to hear you're nauseous, I had terrible nausea the first time I took it but that was on an empty stomach, since then I've always had it just after breakfast and I've been fine so I can't help much but suggest maybe some rennie to settle your stomach? They really helped me with morning sickness so they might help you, although remember not to have one an hour before or after the venlafaxine as they can hinder the absorption of other medications.

Pink, stronger painkillers all the way! Although obviously watch what you take with your current meds.

I'm feeling very on edge today, My youngest is teething and has a cold so she's understandably upset and in need of a lot of attention. She's finally gone to sleep so I'm having a cup of tea and a panic :)

Hope everyone is well.

Jez.

rockbottok
23-11-12, 16:04
Feel much better today thanks. God knows wot that was. No pink I'm on 112mg never increased xx

pinkdove
23-11-12, 16:43
hi serena, i did ring the dentist this morning as pain was so bad, spoke to the receptionist, and she asked if it was getting worse, it's not so she said it will probably settle down over the weekend, i now realise its when i eat or drink, so i will perseve and if no better ring bak monday, have some co codamol so will use that.

i know how you feel about spending time alone, i hope one of your friends can come to see you, if not look at it as some you time, time to do whatever you eant whenever you want too, watch films read a book, or play some games on here, quite addictive and very time consuming, im sure you will be ok, take care xxx

jez yes i will take stronger painkillers, sorry you're on edge today, seems a few of us have been recently, enjoy the time your baby is asleep, we rescued our wee rosie when she was 2 years old, so no puppy stages with her, when you get settled im sure you'll find the right dog for your family. take care xx

lou glad you are feeling a bit better today, after christas im goin to try to reduce to 112mg, just a blip lou, but they're a bugger. take care xx

Badger74
23-11-12, 16:52
Go easy on the co-codamol; if i take more that one they make me feel really woosy -yuk :( have you tried corsodyl toothpaste, its really strong and tastes salty (!) but works well when my wisdom teeth hurt. Maybe worth a try for sensitivity?

yeah, i'm going to try and enjoy it; and just snuggle with the dog and cat :)
Jez, we got our doggie 2 yrs ago and its been really good for me too, gets me out when normally i would hide away and there's only been a couple of times when i really couldn't manage it. Can't wait to afford another one. This time we'll rescue for sure.

I'm off to a pamper party tonight, which i could do without, as i'm feeling so tired, but i'll go anyway and might even enjoy it.
Thanks everyone; its so good to have you there.
x

TJSMITH
24-11-12, 13:43
Hi all
Just to say not forgotten you all, I'm just busy in my new job at the school which I'm loving and working today for my old company so busy.
I hope you all doing ok and to those still struggling big hugs and I finally am able to say it gets better.

I been in my new job three weeks and fInally feel myself and enjoying life, still have the odd wobble but getting less all the time. The change in my life and routine has certainly helped.
I want to thank you all for your amazing support, not met any of you but on my darkest days I have got through it with the kind words of people on here.
I'm not going anywhere and still check this page daily.

Pink, pip, kitti, Nic hope you all ok, sorry of forgotten anyone but wishing you all well with your recovery it's took me all year to get to this poInt so hang in there xxx

pinkdove
24-11-12, 17:19
tracey thats amazing, so pleased for you, and your job seems to have helped, you so deserve it hun, keep in touch xxx

Pipkin
24-11-12, 17:38
Tracy - that's excellent. I'm so pleased you've found something you love doing, and you get paid for it. Bonus!

Pink - how's the toothache today? I find that swilling some soluble aspirin around your mouth can really help. You don't need to swallow it (I can't because it gives me chronic heartburn).

Pip xxx

nicola1980
24-11-12, 18:47
Tracy thats brilliant news :yahoo: ive had a bad week thats why not posted as didn't want to moan, feel like ive took 10 steps back this week, the anxiety has been crippling :weep: i kept going tho until yesterday when i broke down to hubby and said if this is how my life is going to be from now on then i don't want to live it as i can't cope, as usual he was fantastic and said up until my grandad died i was dong well but why can't i see that??? everybody keeps saying how well im doing and i just want to scream at them :weep: sorry for the moan xxxxxxxx

pinkdove
25-11-12, 11:02
morning guys, pip, rang the dentist friday, and said i would see how things went over the weekend, it was raging yesterday morning, but went away so only took painkillers twice, this morning its there, but better, just cant beleve i'm in so much pain because of a filling.

how have you been ???? enjoyin your weekend i hope, nearly came to the quiz last night, but fell asleep n the sofa :blush: its so nice to read about tracey, im sure it will give everyone hope. take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

nicola sorry you have had such a tough time, you just need to take it easy after all you've been through, you have just lost a close relative, and that is so hard to come to terms with, i know that, really hope you start to feel better soon hunni. take care xx

come on ven buddies, how are you all doing :hugs: to everyone,

Pipkin
25-11-12, 14:39
Afternoon everyone,

I'm having quite a good day today. I was determined to take the dog for a long walk despite the awful weather. We both got drenched and you have never seen such a muddy dog. Serious bath time was needed and I've had to clean my car out. Chilling now with a book and a clean and very tired hound.

I hope everyone else is ok. Back to the book for me...

Pip xxx

pinkdove
25-11-12, 18:49
not too good here today, slept for 2 hours on the sofa, was up in the nght with what i think is another cold, cant believe i've just got over one, so had a real lazy sofa day.

pip enjoy your book x

slowfish
26-11-12, 13:50
Hi all

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good Pink, probably a lot of colds doing the rounds at the moment.

I feel really low and tired today - and neck/shoulders really aching & tense. Its now two weeks that I've been alternating between 150mg and 75mg of ven. Felt a bit perkier early last week as had more energy so bit of a shame to now feel like this.

I've been cutting a 150mg pill in half but maybe this isn't the best idea? Maybe best to ask GP for 75mg and 37.5mg pills so I can take 112.5mg every day for a couple of weeks?

Annip
26-11-12, 14:23
Hi all:)
My ven is keeping me going...bobbing along quite happily. I know i'm lucky cos I don't have to go to work so that is 1 giant anxiety out of the way. If you like work thats brilliant...so pleased for you Tracey. I do try everyday to plan various activities/outings so that I am always busy...no time to dwell. I always plan a treat too like ...pamper time/TV/new top/facebook etc
Pink..hope your toothache is better soon
Nicola..rest, rest and more rest. You need to give yourself time too. You have been through a very traumatic time. It might be worth you keeping a diary so you can look back when things are bad to when it was not so bad. Reading your profile inspired me. You definitely have had better times and you will again..no doubt about it:hugs:
Take care all
Annie xx

pinkdove
26-11-12, 15:15
hi guys, tooth much better today, almost gone, thank god, just bck from visiting my parents, got soaked, weather awfull, but feel not to bad at all.

slowfish i would definately get your gp to prescribe you the lower doses, and take the same dose every day, im not keen on alternating doses as i think you need to get a set amount in every dy for things to even out. but thats my personal opinion, hope you get something sorted ut soon xx

anni, you are doing so well, and have a great attitude, keeping busy is by far the best way to deal with this, im sure you will get there, keep doing what you're doing. its obviosly working xx

nicola where are you hunni ???

nicola1980
26-11-12, 15:20
Hi all, well ive been feeling better the past 2 days, been out shopping today, i know what im experiencing is just normal grief but with me i panic and then it all escalates :ohmy: thankyou for all your kind words :hugs: xx

JezKnowsBest
26-11-12, 21:41
Glad everyone's been feeling well and getting things done :) I've been up and down, saw my GP today who gave me a months' supply of 75mg and told me 'antidepressants do tend to make anxiety worse' and 'there's nothing I can really do for panic attacks' :| Needless to say, he's a good doctor when it comes to ear infections and asthma but diseases of the mind are not his forte and I won't be sad when I leave the surgery in a week and join my new one. Hopefully the new one is useful, my psychiatrist said she's going to copy in my new doctor to all her notes so that they're fully versed in my case and I can carry on our agreed treatment plan in my new home. Now to just find out who the new doctor will be and send my Psychiatrist their details! Oh and move bloody house!

Wish me luck everyone , hope you're still well

Jez.

Pipkin
26-11-12, 23:26
Hi everyone,

Just a real quickie to say all is well here - great actually for a Monday. I'm been very busy and haven't had time to stop all day. Glad to see people seem to be feeling a bit better.

Nic - I'm sure things will carry on getting better now. You've got to allow yourself time to grieve and, although you'll never forget your granddad, things will start to feel better. :hugs:

Pink - I'm glad you're feeling a bit better too. Sometimes fillings can be worse than extractions because the nerves are still there and they can take a bit of a bruising. Once it's settled down, it'll be fine. Just one more appointment to go!

Back tomorrow

Take care

Pip xxx

Btw Jez - there's loads that can be done for anxiety and panic so don't believe a word of it. I'm proof of that! x

william wallace
27-11-12, 01:00
Hey Pink, off to Edinburgh this weekend to see 9 to 5 at the Playhouse with the Mrs, staying at the Corstorphine Lodge Hotel, maybe a late visit to Omar Khyam at haymarket.
Be well, WW

slowfish
27-11-12, 09:41
Hi all

Really awful nights sleep last night - lots of tossing and turning and waking up lots. So now feel really tired. Feel really really low and negative too, but need to keep telling myself its just a blip.

I assume big factor is because I've reduced down the dose too and also because I've been cutting 150mg pills in half. I'm not sure if thats a good idea.

pinkdove
27-11-12, 10:18
m w, have a great time in auld reekie, really nice to hear from you, staying in corstorphine eh!!! the posh part of town, you keep well too, hows the business going ????

slowfish. take the same dose each day, speak to your gp, ts better to get a steady dose so that it will settle down quicker, hope you feel better soon xx

jez good luck moving house, some dr's are so bad at dealing with anxiety and depression, but i kow my anxiety is much better on ven, im sure your new gp will be more understanding, take care xx

nicola, nice to hear from you, glad you are starting to feel better, take it easy and look after yourself xx

pip thats another good monday for you, i think the 150mg is doing its job, you are always keeping yourself so busy, i know thats your way of coping, but remember some you time too :D

feeling ok myself today, neighbour asked me thismorning if i could dop her of at the hospital in town for 12 o'clock, normally i would have panicked, but i am quite happy to oblige, things are getting better for sure xx

hows everyone else today ???

Pipkin
27-11-12, 15:56
Hi everyone,

Another good day apart from the awful weather - will the rain ever stop? I shouldn't complain though because at least we've got no flooding here. I'm sick of wet and muddy walks with a wet and muddy dog!

Have found a spare 5 mins and thought I'd see how you're all doing - not too bad it seems.

Jez - good luck with the move.

WW - nice to hear from you. Any snow yet up where you are?

Pink - no mention of the dreaded toothache today so I'm guessing all is well. Yes, I've definitely settled on 150mg and feel so much better than I have for ages. SEs are minimal - just a bit tired sometimes and I can be prone to being a bit 'don't careish', but sometimes that's a blessing.

Slow - I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be cutting the meds in half - they're not slow release, are they? Have a chat with your GP if you think the dose isn't working. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Nic - hello and warm :hugs: as always. I hope you're ok.

Hi to everyone else!

Take care

Pip xxx

Annip
27-11-12, 16:17
Hi all,
Slowfish..... I agree with Pink. You need to stablize on a dose. I tried reducing my ven earlier in the year by cutting bits from the tablets. It didn't work and I ended up in a right state, sick, agitated and severe anxiety leading to lots of full blown panic attacks which made me feel very very low. once i resumed my previous dose and 8 weeks down the line I felt better.
Pink....you're ven certainly seems to be helping you. good, good good
Nicola...brill that you had a better day. mark it down as a good one
Have made stew for tea and now off to treat myself and read a chapter or 2 of my book
take care
Annie xx

Sober2000june
27-11-12, 16:17
Aft all,

Pink, Pip, good that you are flourishing on 150mg.

Slowfish, defo get 37.5mg slow release to get your 112.5. - is your plan to reduce and go to another med?

I eventually decided to call the addiction shrinks secretary today to see when my appt was. Well, she informed me that I am not getting an appt with him (one my doc wrote to few times), I am getting an appt with his apprentice. Ironically, he is of on long term sick at mo and supposed to be returning end of year. You could not write this stuff. So looks like a call to the priory. 24 yrs of NI and tax not worth a stuff when it comes to mental health:mad:.

Jez, we are in the process of puting the house on the market, but having issues with the surveyor who prepared our home report -Said we had rising damp everywhere. This was "verified" by a timber specialist who incedentally works for a damp proffing company. Both the surveyor and the "specialist" had not been under the property to verify. SoI checked under the property and it is like the sahara - bone dry. Got an independant surveyor to go under and check and he concluded it was damp free.

nicola1980
27-11-12, 16:18
Hi all, well had more bad news today my other grandad died this afternoon, i was closer to him than my other so feeling pretty shocked and numb at the min x x

Sober2000june
27-11-12, 16:40
think is, i could not give a sh!t.

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

sorry to hear that Nicola. That last post was supposed to be at end of my last rant. not sure what happened:blush:

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

i'll say a wee prayer for you; you must be wondering, what next.

just take it one day at a time. :hugs:

Paul

rockbottok
27-11-12, 17:56
Ahhh nic ur joking that's awful. I feel for u. U really don't deserve this. I'm so sorry to hear this. We r here if u need us.

Not a great day for me. Went to Asda just now and I feel totally disconnected from everyone else. Literally feel like an alien walking round and like I shouldn't b here I know it's anxiety as I've had it before. Think I need to c the dr and maybe increase to 150mg. Fed up of struggling. Have been up and down for couple of months now. Grrr

Am I right in thinking 150 is when the N in snri kicks in?

Good news is that I've had a litter of pups born so that's keeping me busy.

Louise x

Pipkin
27-11-12, 18:18
Nic - I'm so sorry. What an awful few weeks you've had.

Thinking of you :hugs:

Pip xxx

pinkdove
27-11-12, 18:38
:hugs: :hugs: nicola, so sorry, cant believe this is happening, my heart goes out to you and your family, remember we are all here for you, and if you need to talk pm me anytime, take care xxx

nicola1980
27-11-12, 18:53
Thankyou guys, im so shocked that i just can't stop cryng, life can be so cruel sometimes, just been to see my Dad and just couldn't hold it together at all, i just sobbed but he's at peace now bless him and even though it was a shock its what he wanted, he'd had enough of life and was ready to go, they say god doesn't give you anything you can't handle.......well hes really testing me at the minute :weep: xxx

Pipkin
27-11-12, 19:15
Nic - I feel for you. I've lost all my grandparents and it's really hard, especially when you're close to them. I was particularly close to my dad's mother who died five years ago. The worst part was that she had dementia so for a few years before, she had no idea who I was. Tbh, that was the worst bit of all. I like to think of her back to her old self now, watching over me and smiling (and occasionally tutting!). It does get better, honest.

Lou -yes, apparently the norepinephrine kicks in at 150mg which is why I was expecting the side effects from hell when I increased. Not so though - it was fine. Btw, what are your pups?

Pip xxx

TJSMITH
27-11-12, 19:17
OMG Nic
You really are having it rough this year :bighug1:This hug for you hun.
Text me anytime or even call, my thoughts are with you xxx

slowfish
27-11-12, 21:11
So sorry to hear that Nic - thinking of you x

Pip / Paul - yes I'm cutting 150mg slow release tablets in half so I assume I shouldn't be doing that? I'm going to call my GP in the morning and ask for a supply of 75mg and 37.5mg tablets. The side effects on the higher dose was just too much for me and I didn't feel that much better so I plan to see how I feel on 112.5 - and stick on that dose for a month or two.

rockbottok
28-11-12, 00:15
Pip I breed chihuahuas, have done for years. Love it. It's a real passion and keeps me distracted. Defo feel like I need an increase. I'm on 112mg so might ask for 150 when I see the dr. I always seem to struggle this time of year. :( do u think I will feel much effect from going from 112 to 150? I hope so

Lou x

Pipkin
28-11-12, 07:08
Lou - you really must have your hands full! I'm not sure I could cope with a full litter - I have enough on my hands with one naughty puppy who's just hit adolescence and all he wants to do is eat, sleep and chase birds. Sounds like most teenage boys in the country! I'll see what he's like after his little snip next week - I haven't told him yet...

I increased from 75mg to 150mg about 10 weeks ago and have felt a huge difference. I got some more side effects for a couple of weeks but nothing I couldn't cope with. I had beta blockers on standby in case things got tough but I didn't need them. It took about 6-8 weeks to feel the full effects of the increase so it's definitely not a quick improvement. I would say that it's worth a chat with your GP about it.

My GP has insisted on regular blood pressure checks and periodic blood tests due to the occasional SEs of BP increases and changes to liver function. So far, so good with this.

Hope that helps

Pip x

rockbottok
28-11-12, 13:06
Thank pip just got an appt for half 10 this morning. I got to do something.

Lou xx

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

Well I been to the dr and she wants me to start taki g 150 so that's wot I've done today. :-/ scary. She also wants me to see a counceller :-/ god sake hate thm ppl. Always feel worse after x

JezKnowsBest
28-11-12, 16:08
Thanks to everyone who wished me luck, 'SoberJune' that's awful, what an utter and complete shower of *******s!

I realised today that I'm not on the slow release capsules, just the normal tablets. Is that ok for 75mg once a day? The days have suns and moons on so I assume I should be taking one in the morning and one at night?

nicola1980
28-11-12, 18:52
Good luck with the increase Lou, when i increased from 112.5mg to 150mg i didn't get any side effects just benefits :D Jez you should be taking the ven twice a day about 12 hours apart, docs don't like prescribing the slow release due to the cost unless you ask for it! hope everyone else is ok, i didn't get much sleep last night, was up and down crying :weep: but felt a bit better this afternoon just can't believe its happened twice 4 weeks apart, Jacks not took it very well as he was quite close to my grandad too and we visited him often so trying to keep it together for him xxxx

Pipkin
28-11-12, 19:03
Hi all,

Well at least it's stopped raining - now it's just freezing cold. Just got back from a dark, muddy walk and have had to hose the dog down on the drive before I could let him in and now I'm wet again. Roll on summer!

Lou - welcome to club 150! It's like club 18-30 but with less booze and sun and more legal drugs. We're a bit older too! I'm sure you'll feel the benefit but, as I said yesterday, it takes a while to kick in.

Jez - strictly speaking, if you're on 75mg a day, you should have 37.5mg tabs to take twice a day. It's only because the half life is quite short so they come out of your system quite quickly. If you've got the 75mg tabs and they're standard release, mention it to your GP next time. You can either carry on as you are if it's working or you could split the tabs in 2 and take half am and half pm. Either way, it's nothing to worry about. I've done both and couldn't tell any difference.

Hi to everyone else and special :hugs: to Nic.

Pip xxx

rockbottok
28-11-12, 20:37
Thank u nic and pip. I've felt ok on the increase today. Had a panic on about an hour after I did it. But I was fine. Pip......little bit older.....spk for urself lol I'm 27

Lou xx

Sober2000june
29-11-12, 10:33
Well, called Priory to see about a consultant. Just waiting on my GP calling to inform him that ive called priory and for him to refer me - "simples". Oh!, and 200 clams a pop:ohmy:.

Welcome to the new Victorian Britain.

Tony52
29-11-12, 11:10
Good morning All,
not been on here for a while and back in u.k. now with the rain and colder weather. Weather in Spain was similar when I left ,but not so cold.

Haven't read all the posts since I was last here but I am so sorry to hear of your recent loss Nicola. My sincere condolences to you and your family. I do hope you are all coping O.K.
I never know how I am going to feel from one day to the next but I still say plenty of positive things to myself. On the whole I have had more goodish days than baddish days since I last posted,but just wish so much I was getting nearer to my normal self.

I am still in the 150 mg Ven Club,so I know I am not alone there.Will post again later today and I do hope we are all having a good day.
Best wishes to you all. :hugs:

pinkdove
29-11-12, 14:35
been with hubby to the dr's this morning for the results of his blood tests, turns out he has type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, and his liver function is causing a bit of concern, i've never seen such a nice gp, she took so much time with him, and spoke to us both about lifestyle changes etc, so been to the supermarket for healthy foods :D and hes cutting down his alcohol too, so at least thats one less thing to worry about.

i've made an appointment to see her next wednesday, she's young, so might be able to help better than the older gp's i've seen, i will tell her that although i am a lot better on the effexor, i am still very tired, and lacking in motivation, having to push myself to do things, i hope she will be able to tell me if i need an add on, or the dose is too high, i dont want to rock the boat on my own, but i want to get to a better place than this if possible, i'd love to go back to work.

tony nice to hear from you, i know what you men about being up and down, glad you're home safely and at least having some good days xx

nicola how are you coping ???

lou, good luck on the increase, let us know how you are getting on, oh and the pups are gorgeous xx

paul i cant believe what you have been through, good luck with the priory, really hope you get something sorted soon xx

jezz i used to take the tabs with the sun and moon on them, and was fine, taking 1 and the morning and 1 at night xx

pip i need a moan, sorry !!!! i have been on ven for 10 months now, and you know they have worked well for me, but there is still this tiredness lurking, most days, and a feeling i cant be bothered, i dont want to increase, as i've said before, i think the med have done all they can for me, and i am really good at helping myself, pushing myself for a normal life, but i find myself getting tired and worn down, not feeling like the old me, do you think the dose is too high ???? sorry but i really need some of your advice just now.

hope you are well pip, take care xx

:hugs: to everyone else, and so sorry for the winge !!!!

i

Sober2000june
29-11-12, 15:21
Thanks Pink, I can totally identify where youre coming from. I remember way back last sept finally giving in and saying to the Doc "I want to want!".:hugs:

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

For some reason i have got Escitalopram in my head as next port of call.:shrug:
Funny you mention add ons cus thats what my counsellor friend said other day to me few days ago. Her colleague Psychiatrist mentioned Venla and Mirt -I think affectionately referred to as “California rocket fuel”.:w00t2:

rockbottok
29-11-12, 15:26
Pink. I get that too. Everyday tired and can't b assed lol x

Sober2000june
29-11-12, 16:17
slowfish, did you get yor 37.5's yet?

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

how you today Nicola?

nicola1980
29-11-12, 17:07
Hi all, im not too bad today, had my cpn come out this morning and had a big cry at her lol then i took my mum to my aunties to help sort out my grandads house whilst my dad sorted my other grandads funeral arrangements out which is next friday :weep: still can't quite believe it to be honest but my Dad is taking his death very well bless him, i think he knows it was the best thing for him and what he wanted which i suppose makes it easier.
Pink im always tired too and still not feeling quite myself and like you i do all i can to help myself so................???
Paul did you get an appointment at the priory? they are supposed to be excellent altho i know its expensive and i think its disgusting yo have to pay :lac:
Lou hows the increase gong?
Pip hope your ok and big :hugs: to everybody else xxx

Sober2000june
29-11-12, 19:41
Hi Nicola,

Doc never called.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

fortunatley i calle dthis aft to see what was going on. So one of the receptionists has givrn me an appt with another doc at 10.30 tom. Just cant be @rsed going over the same stuff with her. oh well maybe she'll be more interested than my own doc. Thats twice now he's left me honging in the air:mad:.

pinkdove
29-11-12, 20:34
paul good luck tomorrow, hope you get some well deserved help xx

Pipkin
29-11-12, 23:20
Hi everyone,

Been down to Birmingham for a work conference today and I'm now ready for bed but I thought I'd check in quickly and see how you're all doing.

Pink - I'm sure your hubby's going to be fine. It's good to catch these things early because you can then treat them. I guess it's healthy eating for you both from now on!

I think the answer to your question is that ven is doing what it's supposed to and making you feel better but, along the way, it's suppressing you and taking away a bit of motivation. It's good that you're noticing that because it means you're well on the road to recovery. At first, we're just happy not to be anxious anymore and don't mind feeling a bit sedated but, as time goes on, you start to notice that you're not quite your old self.

A good chat with your GP should help but, ultimately, you have to find the balance between controlling your anxiety and at the same time feeling more motivated. I'd be pretty confident that it's not more meds you need but less. I reckon a small decrease (maybe to 112.5mg) might give you a clue as to whether this is the case - I'm sure your GP wil advise you. If your anxiety stays under control on a lower dose, it should help the lack of motivation. If your anxiety gets worse, it could be that you have to decide which is worse and settle on a compromise.

For me, I definitely feel a bit 'don't-careish' sometimes and a bit zombie-like. However, I'd much much rather feel like this than how I was before and I'm going to stick with it for a while. Because of work, I suppose I have motivation forced on me as I have no choice, even if I don't feel like doing anything. Having that structure really helps. Do you feel ready to start back at work, maybe part time or voluntary? It might be just what you need. Overall though, you're doing really well so there's nothing to worry about. It's just finding the balance that's hard.

Hi to everyone and I'll try to answer your posts tomorrow when I've recharged my batteries.

Take care

Pip xxx

rockbottok
29-11-12, 23:25
Increase going well. No side effects wotsoever but its only been 2 days. Would I of got them by now or could they come bite me in the arse now I'm not expecting thm?
Nic....hope ur coping ok. Can only imagine how ur feeling.

Lou xx

---------- Post added at 23:25 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

Oh Christ after reading pips post I already feel I'm tired Nd have no motivation and I've just increased, maybe I should of gone the other way lol

Lou xx

Pipkin
29-11-12, 23:29
Increase going well. No side effects wotsoever but its only been 2 days. Would I of got them by now or could they come bite me in the arse now I'm not expecting thm?
Nic....hope ur coping ok. Can only imagine how ur feeling.

Lou xx

Lou - before I toddle off to bed, I just thought I'd drop you a quick reply. The levels build up in your bloodstream (plasma) over the course of 4 or 5 days so that's when any effects come into full force, though you would have had some by now if they were going to be bad. I hardly noticed and I increased from 75 to 150 in the space of a week so I'm sure you'll be fine.

A good start and I know you'll really feel the benefit after a few weeks.

Pip xxx

Pipkin
29-11-12, 23:30
Lou - crossed posts! No, you're doing the right thing. I increased and felt far better (and so did Pink) - don't worry!

X

P.S. I'm sure my posts often make people feel tired! I should patent them as a cure for insomnia...

ammiemum
30-11-12, 04:47
hmm i thought i might as well join this thread , anyway after really bad blip i saw psychiatrist. and was put onto venlafaxine i started on crossover from cit to ven and 3rd week just ven 150. at the time i didn't care so did it... i am now glad i did. apart from the withdrawal from cit which has mostly now stopped- well have constant headache but am hoping it will go soon,I HAVE NOW HAD 4 good days!!honestly, i feel like i have climbed a bl#### mountain sometimes!!
obviously had yuck in between and as i said those days are prob a 5-6 out of 10,but wow.A relief that I have the [I]idea now that i am not going to be stuck in that pit for rest of my life..
I am reading through this thread [am now reading the 50's], but I wanted to tell you what a great help it is- the things I am wondering about are there ready for me. Thank you all so much you were a lifeline. literally.
I am only on 4th week taking ven, so I am not there yet- but the difference is that there is now hope , before there was none and the march goes on.... :hugs:

pinkdove
30-11-12, 09:33
:welcome: ammi, glad ou find our thread helpfull, it is quite a journey, be we are all here for you, should you need us, good luck with the ven, im sure you'ss see a real improvement soon xx

pip thanks as always for some great advice, which i will def take on board. i think i just need to tak to gp, for advice/reassurance. and you're right i would rather feel like this, than how i was before, interesting you say we notice things more as we get better, i totally agree, re work after christmas i will def find something to do, part time or voluntary, im sure that would make a difference.

you are doing great going to birmingham for a conference, that would still fill me with fear :ohmy: you are an inspiration to me, sont knw what i would do without you :hugs:

hope everyone else is doing ok.

good luck today paul xx

nicola1980
30-11-12, 09:39
Welcome ammi :hugs: x x

Badger74
30-11-12, 11:23
Hi all
Sorry i've not been on for a while, the nausea was really bad for about 4-5 days last week and then it went earlier this week and is now back today-bugger :(
I've got some tablets from my GP & just took one but its not helped so far. I've been so busy/stressed at work though this week and i don't think thats helping matters. But it's the weekend in a few hrs, so looking forward to some respite.
So, i'm now on week 3 and been told to stick to 70mg for the next 2 weeks and then see my GP to increase. Hopefully by then the side effects will be long gone.
Can i just ask, do they generally kick in with every increase?
Hope you're all having a good Friday?
x

slowfish
30-11-12, 11:41
Hi All

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Waiting for a call from the GP who will hopefully then sort me out a prescription for 75mg and 37.5mg. Feeling really run down today, sore throat and aching limbs but hopefully it won't get any worse!

nicola1980
30-11-12, 18:53
Hi everyone, hope everyone is ok :hugs: ive had a tatal chill out day, think im physically and emotionally exhausted from the past few weeks as felt dreadful when i woke up this morning so ive spent most of the day sleeping and now feel alot better although i still can't quite believe it and not lookng forward to the funeral next friday at all :weep: my Dads coping really well but my Mums struggling bless her so trying to support her as best i can, shes a sufferer of anxiety too so thats playing up for her but just going to keep an eye on her and if she doesn't pick up ill make her go to the docs as maybe she needs a slght increase in her meds to help her through, shes on cit at the min which works well for her, big :hugs: all around xxxxxxxxx

Pipkin
01-12-12, 01:14
Hi all,

I've just noticed that this thread has had over a quarter of a million views. Wow! I bet you didn't think that would happen when you started it Pink...

Pip xx

ammiemum
01-12-12, 06:09
found it hard work today but still going ... i keep forgetting stuff too.Can't decide if thats 'just me' or not.still not much sleep but then, i forgot to take med earlier ..hey ho! Tomorrow/today will maybe be better . thanks for your welcome.

spawn
01-12-12, 08:26
Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been on here much this week, been really busy with work etc. Had appointment with doctor again, my blood test was all fine. But had some bad news that my doctor is leaving to go to another surgery, she said she wants to continue treating me, so I'm moving as well. I can't go through changing doctors again, I've got a good one who knows what I've been through, so I'm happy she still wants to treat me.
I'm still on 150mg, not been on diazepam for a while again which is good.
I'm still getting headaches, night sweats and dreams most nights, and still suffering with tinnitus which I'm still hoping will go in time. Been feeling pretty good last week or so, sometimes mornings are abit of a struggle, but once I'm up and busy I'm ok.
Work is busy, so I'm trying not to over do it and burn myself out.
Hope everyone is well.
Gav.

clio51
01-12-12, 21:18
Hi Gav

Good to see your doing well, was thinking how you were coping.
know what you mean about doctor's mine was off for 3 mths and it's just not the same seeing somebody else, mine is excellent she even see's me before her afternoon surgery begins because I get so anxious waiting not many will do that for you. your lucky she is moving near you.
good to see your not over doing it nice and steady. As it's easy being sucked in when you own your own business.

I'm still on 150mg have been for just over 2 weeks so still early days!!
sleep not very good keep waking up, mood getting bit better but anxiety still high most days.

take care and keep us updated when you havetime.:D

spawn
01-12-12, 23:03
Thanks Clio, you should settle soon on the 150mg, hopefully your anxiety will ease!
My anxiety has pretty much gone now, sometimes i get that strange feeling in my stomach, and feel uneasy about something but dont know what?? i keep diazepam on me just incase! I have slight up and downs at the moment, but no where near as bad as before, mornings are still the worst time of the day for me. I think alot of the things going on are just SE's of the drug, and nothing to do with my illness?
Hopefully i wont be on pills forever! my doctor thinks another 6 months and she can look at getting me off the Ven! :)

Gav x

Pipkin
01-12-12, 23:16
Evening all,

I hope you're all ok today and not too cold!

Nic - I hope you're feeling a bit better. You've had enough bad luck to last a lifetime and you really deserve to have some time to focus on your recovery. You've been doing so well and I know that you'll get back there again. We're all here for you anytime you need us :hugs:

Clio - Yes, 2 weeks is still early days but it looks like the early signs are encouraging. It took me about 6-8 weeks to feel the full effects of my increase to 150 and I now feel less anxious than I have for years. It really has done the trick for me. Of course, it's not just down to the meds but they really have helped me.

Gav - you sound very much like me in your work. Busy all the time and keeping very well distracted. I'm not sure what I'd do without work as it keeps me in a routine which is really important to me. It sounds like you're doing very well. I know we increased at the same time and its only over the last couple of weeks that I feel the full effects have kicked in. How about you? I know you had a bit of a tricky time after the wedding but you seem to have recovered. How's the missus btw? From the photos you posted, I think you've pulled a cracker!

Pip x

spawn
02-12-12, 09:58
Aww thanks pip! Yep she's the best! :)
Yep since my blip I've been pretty good, it seems that on weekends that I don't feel to great though? I stop my week routine and I think I'm struggling relaxing? I had real bad sweats last night and I've still got a headache from yesterday! I would say I'm 8 out 10 most of the time, least I'm not going backwards! I'm off to lanzarote in 3weeks for Xmas, so I should be able to switch off and relax then.
Have a good day.
Gav x

Pipkin
02-12-12, 10:08
Gav - I know what you mean. I spend all week really busy at work and look forward to a relaxing weekend. When it arrives, I always plan to keep as busy as possible so that I'm distracted so I never seem to relax fully. Having said that, I'm usually out walking my dog and that's quite relaxing, but not very restful.

I'm going to head out shortly. It's a beautiful day here, freezing cold but sunny and I'm going to wrap up and do a marathon walk if the dog's up to it. He's got a bit of a squiffy stomach so he might not feel like a long walk.

See you later

Pip x

pinkdove
02-12-12, 12:47
hi guys, gav, you sound exactly the same as me at the moment, about 8/10 i too find that i am better when im busy, and still find it hard just to sit and relax, without something to occupy me, but like you i think its the meds rather than he illness.
lanzarote for christmas sounds fantastic, and a great way to chll and get away from all the hustle bustle xx

pip, hope you are having a good weekend, a lovely crisp winters day here too, and i cant believe the amount of posts on here either, but i look on us all a a family, although we have'nt met i feel we are amongst friends here, and so glad it helps people, it certainly has been a lifesaver for me xx

nicola how are you doing ??? hope you are bust christmas shopping xx

i have just been wrapping pressies and writing cards this morning, feeling not too bad, will go out later for a wee while, get a bit of fresh air

hows everyone else doing ????

spawn
02-12-12, 14:40
I've just been for a nice walk in the fresh air, headache has gone now!
But I'm not really feeling with it today, I don't feel ill, just kind of lacking motivation and a little spaced out?
Gav.

Pipkin
02-12-12, 15:00
But I'm not really feeling with it today, I don't feel ill, just kind of lacking motivation and a little spaced out?

Gav - I think that makes 3 of us: you, me and Pink...!

Pip

TJSMITH
02-12-12, 17:07
Hi all
Just catching up. This week the anxiety lingering again and like all you I have to keep busy.
I'm still not what I call my normal self as feel an underlying fear most days at some point.
Had the best three weeks in my new job but this week I found tough :/

I would maybe increase big really sound as if we all on same page.

Love and hugs everyone xxx

rockbottok
02-12-12, 17:25
Increase going well. :) no side effects and I actually feel better which is weird cos surely the increase can't be beneficial already??

Lou x

nicola1980
02-12-12, 20:12
Hi all, well after the past few weeks ive had a graeat day, its Jacks 12th birthday on tues so we went out for a big family meal and had a afab time, everybody laughed and joked which hasn't been done for 5 weeks, i still feel very sad but im working on that and when the funeral is out the way on friday im hoping ill feel better, i know both my Grandads are at peace now and back with my Nanna and Grandma and altho im grieving still i feel hopefull i will come out of this a stronger person. lots of love and :hugs: all around xxxxxx

Pipkin
02-12-12, 20:16
Nic - I'm so pleased you've had a good day. I know things will start to pick up for you now.

Take care

Pip :hugs:

nicola1980
02-12-12, 20:31
Thanks Pip :hugs: xx

pinkdove
02-12-12, 21:06
aw nicola that's great news, you are so much stronger than you think, it must have been so good for you and your family to get together and celebrate jack's birthday, just to get a bit of resbite from all the trauma of thepast few weeks. well done hunni :hugs:

TJSMITH
02-12-12, 21:33
Nic pleased you had a better day for your sons birthday xx

ammiemum
03-12-12, 07:39
it is so good to see you all doing well on ven .i still not sleeping well approx 3hrs anight [zzzz]! But i also am more able once i have got out of bed ..... getting up is the hard bit....thanks again -you really don't know how helpful this thread is x

spawn
03-12-12, 09:41
Morning all!
Well im def not feeling it today! :(
Feel sleepy and cant be bothered, really lacking get up and go!
Also feeling abit down? My head isnt clear?
I hate all the ups and downs!

Hows everyone else?
Gav.

pinkdove
03-12-12, 11:22
morning all, well gav i'm feeling the same as you today, will speak to gp tomorrow re side effects or too high dose, just feel medicated, but as pip says i wonder if its because i am feeling better now that i just wan to feel 100% ??? could be, hope you feel better as the day goes on x

ammi still early days for you, but you are doing wel, give it bit more time, one day at a time, and try to keep busy, distraction is the best way forward xx

tracey how are you doing hunni ????

hope you are all well today xx

TJSMITH
03-12-12, 12:17
Hi pip
Same as you by sounds of it.
I still not me and anxiety hanging around last week, so upsetting when you think you getting there.
I was not like this before this year all so hard to understand. That feeling of doom and upset hanging around a bit too long. Can it be the meds? I was feeling so positive last couple of weeks too it's funny how it suddenly hits you and in my case no reason.

Hope everyone else ok xxx

Sober2000june
03-12-12, 17:48
Got an appt with private shrink on Thu. Mixed feelings. I miss having insurance for health especially with a broken head. anyhow hope all start pick up .

nicola1980
03-12-12, 18:52
Good luck on thursday Paul, let us know how you get on :hugs: not had a bad day here, been xmas shopping but suffering really bad heartburn today for some reason??? im also debating whether to go and see my Grandad in the chapel of rest, everybody is going tomo to see him and im not sure what to do? when i last saw him a couple of weeks ago he did look very poorly so im thinking that if i go and see him at peace then it will help with my grief, my Dad saw him just after he died and he said he looked really peaceful.........ARGH i just don't know what to do for the best.
Hope everybody is ok, seems a few of us are a bit up and down at the min so :hugs: all around xxxx

TJSMITH
03-12-12, 20:11
Hi Nic
Pleased you feeling bit better. Can't give advise on chapel of rest as that's a personal decision and everyone different but if you feel in your heart it's right then go.
I'm struggling yet again it's hard when you going through these blips as the fear is so strong or is in my case upset as felt I was really getting there.
Starting to regret meds as don't know whats me.

Enough of me, how's everyone else ?

clio51
03-12-12, 21:08
Hi All

well i'm very much the same as everyone else, up's and downs. I feel my mood has lifted but at the mo my anxiety is still high and Iv'e started to ruminate it's like my mind won't switch off!! even when i'm occupied my mind's talking to me going over things( I know I sound like a mental case lol)

When I last went to psych she said for me to think about going on promazine
as anybody else had these??? they use them for anxiety and agitation.

keep plodding on, but it's soooo bloody hard most days ATM.

love and best wishes to all xxxx:bighug1:

TJSMITH
03-12-12, 21:38
Clio snap
My problem is the ruminating again it's driving me nuts and constantly there again grrrrr

Pipkin
03-12-12, 22:38
Evening!

I've had a really busy day and am completely knackered so this is just a quick hello to you all. I hope everyone's ok and getting the Christmas shopping done. I've not even started mine yet and I think Santa Amazon will be calling.

I'll try and write a bit more tomorrow when I've got a bit more energy.

Take care

Pip xxx

spawn
04-12-12, 10:05
Hey all!
Hope everyone is well, ive just got to work.
Usual SE's last night :(
Does anyone know if they do Ven in 37.5mg slow release? I feel over medicated on 150mg xl, and i may put it to my doctor to drop alittle?
I feel pretty good in myself now, just suffering from SE's of the drug mainly since going from 75 to 150?
Whats everyones views?
Thanks Gav.

karenp
04-12-12, 10:23
Hi Gav, how on earth are you? How did your wedding go? Good to hear you are doing ok on VEN apart from the side effects which I hope soon go away. I'm on Escitalopram now, my 4th week and although I am getting brain zaps, hot flushes and felt like a wobbly jelly this morning for a bit, it's been the easiest ad I've ever been on to tolerate so far but I have got Lorazepam and Zopiclone to alternate between helping me with sleep at night as I still have terrible insomnia which help with those side effect thingys we all get with our meds. But my days are normally quite normal now from about 10am onwards even though I have to up my dose and have put it off because I'm suffering with some fluey type thing at the mo and I'm a chicken too! ha ha.
Hope every one is ok. I still keep coming across articles about what a good ad Ven is but for me it was just too potent but I'm glad I dared to go back on another SSRI after saying I never ever would (:

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Pip, I think Santa NEXT, littlewoods and AMAZON will be coming to my house too, ha ha!

spawn
04-12-12, 10:27
Hey Karen! :)
Yep wedding and everything went good thanx.
Had a blip when i got home, but only lasted a week, no real anxiety anymore, i did post a couple of pics on this thread a few pages back of the wedding.. :)
Hope you feel better soon! :)

nicola1980
04-12-12, 11:44
Hey gav, yep they do 37.5mg in slow release as i used to take 112.5mg slow release before i increased to 150mg x x

spawn
04-12-12, 11:55
Hey gav, yep they do 37.5mg in slow release as i used to take 112.5mg slow release before i increased to 150mg x x

Ok thanks Nic, i may run it past my doctor see what she thinks? x

pinkdove
04-12-12, 15:50
hi guys last dentist appointment done and dusted this morning :yesyes: so proud of myself, teeth all perfect for the first time in years.

gav i am exactly the same as you, have an appointment tommorow with gp to discuss this, will let you know how i get on xx

nicola i did'nt think you could get 37.5 in slow release caps, cause i might on dr's advice cut down, and thought i would have to take 75mg slow release am, and 37.5 normal at night, but i would love to take 112.5 slow release once a day if she agrees. hope you are copin well xx

to all of you still struggling :hugs:

spawn
04-12-12, 16:09
hi guys last dentist appointment done and dusted this morning :yesyes: so proud of myself, teeth all perfect for the first time in years.

gav i am exactly the same as you, have an appointment tommorow with gp to discuss this, will let you know how i get on xx

nicola i did'nt think you could get 37.5 in slow release caps, cause i might on dr's advice cut down, and thought i would have to take 75mg slow release am, and 37.5 normal at night, but i would love to take 112.5 slow release once a day if she agrees. hope you are copin well xx

to all of you still struggling :hugs:

Ahh kool, let me know what your doctor says :) x

TJSMITH
04-12-12, 17:33
Well much better day for me it does seem to be same time each month now so will keep an eye on that.
Karen does lorazapam help with your anxious thoughts ?
I have some but try not to take them in case they won't let me have more Infact I have only had two
How is everyone else?

nicola1980
04-12-12, 18:07
Pink you cant get 37.5mg in capsules only tablets venlalic xl ones, ive struggled today :-( x x

pinkdove
04-12-12, 18:19
thanks for that nicola. sorry you're struggling, im sure with all you've been through its not surprising, maybe when you get friday out of the way, you wil be able to settle down.
in the meantime, take it easy, plenty of rest and one day at a time, oh and happy birthday to jack :D

nicola1980
04-12-12, 18:40
Thanks Pink :hugs: really wanted to enjoy Jacks birthday but today has been such a struggle and all ive wanted to do is cry :weep: hubby keeps telling me im over doing it and i know hes right, ive been helping clear my Grandads bungalow but today i had to back out, i just didn't have the energy to even drive there let alone get stuck in clearing stuff xxx

TJSMITH
04-12-12, 18:43
Nic echo what pink has said.
Take it easy and one day at a time I think sometimes without realising we put pressure on ourselves to be ok for certain things for me was my holiday and it backfired.
You have had so much going on of late it's no suprise at all it's hard losing a loved one let alone two in such a short spAce of time.

Hope you better soon xx

nicola1980
04-12-12, 19:03
Thanks Tracy :hugs: im glad your feeling better :hugs: xx

TJSMITH
04-12-12, 19:13
Better than I was but still lurking such a great illness think I need to accept this up and down is now part of my life xx

spawn
05-12-12, 08:45
Morning all, how is everyone?
I feel terrible I've now got a cold, I thought I got away without catching it off my friends, but no I'm now ill and feel crap :(
Must get up soon, but just don't want to..lol
Gav.

pinkdove
05-12-12, 15:16
just come back from the dr's re reducing effexor. she was really nice, and said that it coul well be the side effects of the meds making me feel tired, and having to push myself through lack of motivation.

she reffered to a letter my pysc had sent, sayin that i should'nt reduce till next june, but she thought that reducing a bit would be ok, she suggested i go back after christmas, as she would like to see me three weeks after the reduction to 112.5, and felt that it would be better to get christmas out of the way first.

the way we will do it isto have 75mg of effexor xl, in the morning, and 37.5 normal release at night, she said she thought that i would cope with that ok, and we wold reduce very slowly, which i agree with.

so although i am a bit dissapointed, i was glad to talk things through, and feel we have a plan, but she also said that i might not feel like reducing after christmas, hey ho, not much further forward, but i know things could be worse, just wish i could curb my appetite, sick of the weight im putting on.....sorry for the moan.

hope everyone else is ok, and hope this helps you gav xx

spawn
05-12-12, 15:38
Thanks Pink.
Are your reasons for wanting to reduce the same as mine?
Least you have a plan set :)
Sounds like you have a good doctor aswell.
Gav.x

pinkdove
05-12-12, 15:53
same as you gav, just feel tied, after sleping 9 hours a night, and want to do things, but lack motivation, have to push myself, also the weight gain, i feel ready to reduce, also my mood is up and down.

rockbottok
05-12-12, 19:48
Ahhhh. Week into increase and feeling the anxiety. Is this normal?? X

Pipkin
05-12-12, 21:42
Evening,

Just got in from work a little while ago and I'm about to drop. I started at 7.30 this morning so that's almost a 14 hour day. Roll on Christmas is what I say! Loads of snow here and I'm just going to take the dog out for his first play in it. Should be fun!

Pink - to be honest, I think your GP's plan sounds really sensible. Give it a bit longer and see how you feel after Christmas. It's such a busy time that you might find you feel more motivated and that usually leads to having a bit more energy. Although work tires me out, it's a good sort of tired rather than the awful weary feeling which I think you're getting. About the appetite, I feel the same but I'm convinced it's not the meds, I think it's just feeling much less anxious has given me a normal appetite. Or should I say it's given me an appetite full stop, when I've never had one before. I'm just drinking more water which seems to stop me feeling hungry, but that's probably just me. Now give us a big smile with those perfect teeth!

Lou - I didn't feel much extra anxiety with my increase but I purposely kept extra busy so that I didn't have the time to look for it, if you know what I mean. If you are feeling it, it won't last long so it's just (!) a matter of seeing it through - the benefits will be worth it if you stick at it. I felt a huge improvement on 150mg and there's no reason why you shouldn't too. Keep letting us know how you are and we'll support you through it :hugs:

Take care everyone

Pip xxx

rockbottok
05-12-12, 23:00
Thanks pip. Got another bitch whelping at the mo and I'm soooo tired :( xx

ammiemum
06-12-12, 05:32
just thought i would say how i am doing, i have just had 2[yes two!!], good days together:) by late evening of the second day i just went flat -impending doom? :weep:carried on next day and now can't believe how i felt a few days previously but out of 10 i would say -a 5 & 6 i was able to motivate myself and that hasn't happened in a long while.so that is 6 days when i got up did some housework etc even went shopping on one of the days!!:yahoo: i find it hard to believe when on bad days just how much better i felt - and equally that i feel that bad, when on good days, weird huh?
I look forward to the time when it evens out or even better, that I have more good than bad!don't ask all gone wrong today....

spawn
06-12-12, 08:32
Morning all!
I'm really suffering with this cold/flu, feel so ill. I'm taking sudafed and paracetamol.
My head feels so blocked..lol
I've got loads to do at work as a car is due out and isn't finished yet!

How's everyone? Sounds like a few are doing well!
Gav.

slowfish
06-12-12, 09:39
Hi all

Sounds like a few of you are up and down at the moment. Hang in there, we will all feel much better eventually.

I managed to get 75 and 37.5 slow release tablets from GP so I started on those earlier in the week, after three weeks of alternating between 150 and 75 (a 150 cut in half) I really dont think that did me much good though as I've had a couple of days this week of full-on flu like symptoms and really disrupted sleep. Aching all over and tired. I'm sure its due to the reduction in dose?

All the best x

nicola1980
06-12-12, 14:49
Hi all, im really struggling at the minute, its the funeral tomo and i can honestly say i don't know how im going to get through it, im bad now with fits of crying etc so goodness knows what ill be like tomo, i just can't believe that in the space of 5 weeks ive lost both my Grandparents, went to the docs yesterday and he reassured me that what im feeling is normal grief as did my cpn this morning but i just can't believe them and think im going backwards, my cpn has told me i must use my diazepam to help me but i feel such a faliure when i do, ive hardly eaten in days and feel dreadful so how am i going to get through tomo :weep: xxxx

Badger74
06-12-12, 16:23
Hi Nicola

I feel for you, i really do. But please don't feel like a failure for taking the diazepam. It's just an extra boost to get you through and is only 'for now'. When my brother in law died suddenly a couple of yrs ago; i completely fell apart as it was so unexpected and i really didn't think i'd get through the funeral and i ended up taking about 20mg throughout the course of the day just to keep it together and i'm sure you won't need as much as that!
If i were you i'd start taking them now and then again before bed and then 2-3 times tomorrow. That way, you'll start to feel calmer tonight and hopefully sleep ok, which will always help.
You will be ok and no-one will expect anything of you tomorrow. Everyone there will be understanding and you will be ok. Crying and getting it all out is a good thing too.
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow
xx

Sober2000june
06-12-12, 20:57
saw private shrink today. She was very nice. dropping to 112.5 tomorrow and coming down slowly as she said its onw of the garder ones to come off of:wacko:. she says she feels its more anxiety than depression and is heading in the trycylic direction. I think when i mentioned my aunt is on imipramine that may have swayed her? she emphasised we will reduce at the rate i feel comfotable with. so lets see how 112.5 goes. kind of glas cus really sick of these constsnt headaches

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

p.s nicola dont worry about diaz :hugs:

pinkdove
06-12-12, 21:02
nicola take your diazapam, your psych would tell you the same, there is no shame in using them on such a strssfull day.

you got through your grandad's. and you will get through this too, you will have all your family around to lean on, don't try to be brave, just go with it, and lean on your lovely hubby.

will be thinking of you tomorrow, take care iknow you can do this :hugs:

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

sorry paul crossed posts, will be really interested to see how you get on with the decrease, good luck, but you are really strong, you gave up diazapam, so i know you will be able tp do this. xx

spawn
06-12-12, 22:54
Good luck Nic for 2moz, I know it's hard but be strong! X

nicola1980
07-12-12, 00:56
Thanks guys, im wide awake as cant sleep, Paul pleased you got on ok x x

rockbottok
07-12-12, 00:58
Good luck Tomo nic xxx

Pipkin
07-12-12, 06:23
Good luck Nic :hugs:

Pip xxx

Sober2000june
07-12-12, 15:04
Thinking of you Nic. I was at the cemetery yesterday with my mum laying flowers at my grans grave. Go evry year, but yest was 10 years. My mum wept, but i couldn't and i dont want meds to do that to me.

Slowfish, how long you been on 112.5 now?

Shrink told me velnla one of hardest to get off so im wondering if I'll be digging out the ol' benzos again?

nicola1980
07-12-12, 20:31
Hi all, well i really didn't think id make the funeral, i was n a right state this mrning but after 4mg of diazepam i managed to get my self ready, the service was lovely but it was at the crem when i really broke down sobbing :weep: we all went out for a big family meal after about 30 odd of us and i was think 'oh no i can't do this' but i made sure i sat on the end and altho i couldn't eat my meal, hardly eaten in days, i seemed to perk up a bt so all in all i think we did my Grandad proud but my life it was a tough day to get thro i literally clung onto hubby all through the service and the crem as i thought my legs would go from beneth me but i did it and the small part of my family that know ive been poorly with anxiety/panic commented on how well i looked and how well i was doing which was nice even tho i didn't feel it at the time. Hope everyone else is ok :hugs: xxx

clio51
07-12-12, 20:33
Nic. Hope all went well for you and your family today,

Gav. Hope your colds better, when Iv'e took sudafed it gave me cattarh because it drys the fluid up

Paul. glad you managed to see psych sorry you had to pay for it though, I feel I am more anxious now than depressed and my psych mentioned Promazine to think about, she said it would help with anxiety and agitation.

Hope all is well with all xxx

nicola1980
07-12-12, 20:43
Hi Clio been wondering how you were? are you up to 150mg now? xx

clio51
07-12-12, 23:49
Nic yer Iv'e been on 150mg for just 3 weeks now, sleep isn't much better but then iv'e always been a light sleeper since having my son, some nights better than others. Eating better now(hope i,m not speaking to soon) only this last week though!!. Like I said mood seems little better just anxiety that's not good atm.

:bighug1:

spawn
08-12-12, 00:24
Hi all, glad u coped Nic, well done.x

I'm still feeling like death with my cold/flu, my head feels like its going to explode and my nose will not stop running, great!!!

Nite all.x

Sober2000june
08-12-12, 17:00
Day 2 112.5mg.

hows everyone today?

Horrible weather up in Glasgow.

I know that cold flu feeling Gav, it just keeps ping ponging between me and my 3 boys.

Pink, you still thinking of reducing?

TJSMITH
08-12-12, 18:09
Hi all how's everyone?
Im doing ok it's in back off mind alot, does it ever fully go away as I'm starting to think. Or after a year of it but still I guess loads better than I was.

Pink, pip, Nic, Karen and kitti how are you and anyone else I have forgot x

pinkdove
08-12-12, 20:51
hi guys ha a busy couple of days, yesterday went out with my brother, who was home from germany for a couple of days, its years since we spent proper time together just the two of us, and i really enjoyed it, no diazapam needed, going to a christening tomorrow in york, so leaving a 9am, a bit nervous about that, but will try not to get agitated and enjoy it.

gav i aways have the flu like feeling, some days worse than others, i think the meds might be affecting my sinuses, not sure, hope you feel better soon xx

paul how are you feeling decreasing, i know its early days ??? my gp has decided to reduce my meds after christmas fro 150mg to 112.5mg, she prefers me to get christmas out of the way, so will be interested to see how things go for you, good luck x

tracey you sound more positive, does it ever really go away......i think it will, but it takes time, the thing with me now is i feel so much better i think i'm noticing the side effects of the meds now, that's why i want to start reducing, but its always in the back f my mnd too, i think it's the fear pf going back there again, keep doing what your doing, you are getting there xx

pip how are you, i was eating chocolate eclairs for the first time in years last nght, putting my teeth to the test....mmmm they were lovely!!!! and teeth till intact xx

hows everyone else doing ???

nicola well done for getting through yesterday, you are getting stronger for sure, cant imagine you doing that a few months ago xxx

Pipkin
09-12-12, 01:54
Hi all,

I'm doing fine, I've just been very busy with work and looking after the poor dog who had his snip yesterday.

I hope you're all ok and I promise to check in properly over the next couple of days when I've got a bit more time. Now to get the plastic collar back on the dog so his doesn't bite his stitches...

Pip xxx

rockbottok
09-12-12, 14:34
I'm even more tired on the increase. Struggle to get out of bed and yawning and feel shattered all day until eve comes and then I feel wide awake :( feel ok other than that not panicky etc. the tiredness is really grating on me tho. :( yawn. I'm thinking it could b the fact that I don't eat when I take the tablets. Don't usually eat til about 2 everyday so could be just lethargic from lack if food too?

Lou xx

slowfish
09-12-12, 15:33
Hi all

Been really suffering for the last 4 days with severe flu-like symptoms - aching all over, cold then hot, headaches, the lot! Plus lots of brain zaps. Whether this is an actual bug or the result of reducing dose to 112.5 I'm not sure. I think its probably result of the dose decrease and the way I went about it, cutting a 150 in half and taking 75 one day then a full 150 the next day. Did that for 3 weeks and think I'm now paying for it!

Hows everyone else doing? xx

spawn
09-12-12, 19:19
Slowfish who told you to reduce like that?

Ive still got a cold/flu but slowly getting better! other than that im pretty good!
Gav

pinkdove
09-12-12, 20:51
slowfish it's definately the way you reduced, the good news is now that you are taking the same amount every day things should settle down quickly. my siser n law took her 150mg dose every other day to try to redue and had all the symptoms you have, her gp told her you should never miss days ot take irregular doses, she is feeling better now on 75mg every day. hope you feel better soon.

paul hows the decrease going ????

gav glad you are feeling a bit better

pip hope freddie is recovering from his wee op x

lou try to eat something however small in the morning, ven is much better when taken with food, even a slice of toast, hows the new litter ???

hope everyone else is ok

been to christening today, up at 7am and out for 9am, acullay quite enjoyed it,kids nativity also in church which was so sweet, much calmer than i thought i'd be, with the help of a diazapam, but i don't take them often, next step hairdresser on tues.

ammiemum
10-12-12, 06:34
glad everyone is 'giving it a go' I am so impressed :). Feeling ok just now -but for hardly any sleep... apparently ven side affect can be insomnia? hey ho it is almost worth it to have more 'normal' days xx
i just spent my awake nights redecorating the bathroom- changed my mind a few times on colour combination, but it kept me occupied.It was either that or the games on here, for hours....
sorry i don't always get around to posting . I do think of you all and am so grateful for your efforts, input and advice xx

Tufty
10-12-12, 09:23
Just popped on to say hi to you guys, I've been coming on a once a week or so to read the posts. Good to hear most of you are doing well, Nicola you are doing really well considering what you've been though.
I'm up and down still, my good days are better, I feel more like me, motivated, livelier, calmer and more like I used to be, for instance I think before I speak a little more. My down days are still not easy though with panic, anxiety and a little depression, however nearly 6 weeks without any Prozac and it could be worse. I'm monitoring my mood closely and will give it few more weeks and probably a few more expected blips before starting the escitalopram.
I'm keeping busy and still working on the power of positive thinking, it makes sense but its really hard to change the way you think after 40 odd years of thinking the way I do. I'm trying to think of everything in a positive way, even the blips and accepting every invitation, no matter how I feel, carrying on regardless as pip would say.
Love and hugs to all, I'll keep reading about your progress and will post again in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping after Christmas ill feel strong enough to rejoin the support group here, for now I'm trying to avoid talking about anxiety whilst I adjust to being meds free.
Love Sam x

pinkdove
10-12-12, 09:49
aw good luck sam, you are an inspiration :hugs:

karenp
10-12-12, 11:42
Good luck starting Escitalopram Sam, please don't be one bit scared either as it's alot easier to tolerate than I ever found Venlafaxine. I have had help with Lorazepam and Zopiclone as it may make you wake up alot during th enight at first but it does get better after a month, I am sleeping relaly normally now and have been on 5mg's for 33 days, I am about to increase to 10mg's but because I am hyper sensitive to all AD's it seems, I am going up in quaters but the first 5mg's of Cipralex really wans;t bad at all, I had a few hot flushes, a few weenie little brian zaps that are nothing to worry about and bad headaches, I might have had a bit of anxiety but not much at all and my day time anxiety has been really brilliant since I started Escitalopram, I am hardly ever anxious after 10am. It's nothing like normal Citalopram any how (:

So how is every one else? I hope every one has a lovely Christmas. xxxx

Sober2000june
10-12-12, 17:15
Hi Pink,112.5 defo more tolerable than 225 and 150 :)

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Hi Karen,

I kinda had it in my mind about Escitalopram, but my new shrink is feeling clomipramine(TBH shes not that convinced about meds - i think more into mindfullness) is the way for me to go. I believe because of its anti anxiety properties. I thnik i am going full circle as i started on Amitryptoline 20 yrs ago and going back onto TCA's

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

maybe it'll plug the gap in my brain functioning that happened only after taking tca 20 yrs ago

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

wish id never taken em, only saw it as a what i thought a "legal high" when doc offered me them.

nicola1980
10-12-12, 17:55
Paul cloimipramine is supposed to be fantastic for anxiety if you stand the side effects, i tried imipramine but only lasted 3 days, i just couldn't hack the side effects, fingers crossed you'll be ok tho xx

pinkdove
10-12-12, 18:11
paul any side effects coming down????

Pipkin
10-12-12, 19:37
Evening everyone,

Sorry I've not been on much over the last few days - I've been really busy at work and the poor dog's had his snip and has needed a bit of extra attention. He has to wear one of those plastic ruffs and, every time I take it off to give him a breather, he's there nibbling his stitches so I have to watch him like a hawk.

I've also been getting a bit of asthma popping up to haunt me but I seem to have got it under control again. I don't think the dog hair is helping and I might have to pop back to the GP and go back on my steroid inhaler for a while. Typical! Not only that but one of the side effects of the normal inhaler is anxiety - just what I need! Nothing I can't cope with though. The only problem is that beta blockers stop the inhaler working so I think it may be one for the doc.

It seems everyone's getting on at their own pace. I've made an observation that people are talking about different meds. I guess it doesn't really matter what you take as long as it works for you - everyone's different after all. The most important part of it for me is believing they'll work. My horrendous sertraline experience showed that, once you lose faith in your meds or believe they're not working, it's really hard to recover from.

Sam - you're doing really well and there's no doubt that the fighting spirit will see you through. I smiled when I read your reference to me but you're quite right of course. I've now got to the point that when I feel the anxiety rising, I smile and let it wash over me. I know it can't hurt me but that doesn't stop it being an awful feeling. I refuse to be scared by it anymore - I've got plenty of other things to think about without that.

Pink - good to see you're keeping busy. I think it's time for you to look back at where you were 12 months ago and compare it to what you're doing these days. It's amazing and, if you're ever in doubt, you should be very proud. You're enjoying all the things that you thought you'd never be able to enjoy again. I reckon a part-time job after Christmas is just what you need. If it's in a shop, I'll pop in and make a few purchases, as long as it's not women's underwear - I have to draw the line somewhere.

Kitti - I hope you're ok. Let us know how you're getting on. I know you've got a difficult work situation and I hope it's going your way.

Nic, Karen, Paul, Tracy, Gav, Ammie, Lou, Slowfish and everyone else my memory won't recall at this moment - big hugs all round :hugs:

Pip xxx

Sober2000june
11-12-12, 10:05
Pink, wee bit agitation but feel more human less insane

pinkdove
11-12-12, 11:12
thanks paul, good luck with it, i'll be joining you after christmas :ohmy: but feel i will be ready to start reducing a bit, would like o get to 75mg.

off to the hairdresser today for colour and cut, feeling ok about it, but will take a diazapm.......always have tho' even when i was well.

hope you are all feeling ok, and getting there xx

pip thanks for the words of encouragement, really helps, i think we've both come a long way, whats the plan for christmas ? going away or staying home ? i have people coming from edinburgh n the 22nd, and my son and his fiance, so 6 for christmas dinner, looking forward to it for the first time in 3 years.

mum and dad go to my brothers in germany tomorow so will miss them, but they like to see the grandchldren, they're back for new year tho'

what everyone else's plans ?????

kittikat
12-12-12, 12:43
Hi all,

Just a quick update as I have not posted for a while.

Still on 75mg Ven and 10mg diaz daily. Lots going on with my work issues...been rather down but anxiety is much better. I still have the usual morning anxiety, it tends to pass fairly quickly, but it's my mood and ruminating that is stopping me from being able to move forward now. I have found it very hard to concentrate on anything really.

Sleep is erratic and I am so tired all the time. Motivation at an all time low. I am hoping that once I know where I am with the work issue, I will start to feel a little better. Home (my safe place) seems to have become my prison now and I feel a little like my life has been pulled from under my feet. Trying to be positive for the festive season.

Hope you are all doing well. I am happy with the Ven it's just my personal situation that is pulling me down right now.

Big hugs to you all :hugs: Kitti xxx

Sober2000june
12-12-12, 12:47
Aft all, just thought i'd break up the tumbleweed! Day 5 on 112.5mg and still not any worse than the uber dose. Bit demotivated and low but better than insane anxiety with the constant fear of psychosis looming - the fact i'm currently on a training course of "how to watch paint dry" - or it certanly feels like thats the one. Like you pink, i'll stay at this dose for next 2 weeks to deal with crimbo. TBH i think im more OCD about having having OCD:wacko:. I have no specific things that i avoid even i i dont like them - i just want to be comfortable living in the sapce between my ears.
hoping to get there:)

have a good aft peeps!

pinkdove
12-12-12, 16:27
hi guys quiet on here, hope you are all ok. been busy today, christmas tree up, and trimmed, so looking quite festive in here now. just had a new neighbour come over and ask us to go to hers for drinks on chrismas eve, and i accepted, usually would fill me with fear, so somethings going right.

kitti, hope you get things sorted out at work soon, then you can hopefully relax and move on, it must be on your mind constantly , keep us informed and take care xxx

paul the decrease seems to be going well for you, its good you are no worse on the lower dose, hope you soon feel comfotable in that space between your ears, take care xxx

rockbottok
12-12-12, 18:43
Hi everyone.

Feeling a bit better last couple of days. Been going to bed earlier.

PLEASE DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IF YOUR SENSITIVE TO MENTAL HEALTH STORIES

Sober.......can u explain a bit more wot u mean? Have u had psychosis before or are u just worried about getting it from being on the higher dose?? When I was very unwell all I did was ruminate about getting psychosis. Even went to the doctors and said I think I've got it and how do I actually know my whole life hasn't been in psychosis an I'd never of known. Lol yes guys I was completely insane for a while. Lol all I do when I'm very unwell is ruminate about my mental state and my kids safety (being around a mental mother) it's funny when I look back at how bad I can get. I almost pack my own bag ready for the "but house" as I worry about everyone else's safety around me. Stupid I know a I would never hurt anyone I love but I worry about psychosis setting in and me not knowing wot the bloody hell I was doing.

The dr laughed when I told her I thought I had psychosis as she asked me if I'd ever heard or seen anything etc etc which I've NEVER and her reply was "then u e defo not got psychosis" I on the other hand was still convinced I did btw. But after my ads kicked in and I became alot more "less mental" I then believed I didn't. Lol

But moral of tht story is I worry about psychosis alot when I start to get unwell. (Viscous circle)

Just want to apologise if anyone doesn't like me writing to much about what I went thro as I know when I was very down anything I read set me off.

Lou xx

nicola1980
12-12-12, 18:59
Hi all, Lou i know exactly what you mean, i thought exactly the same, i really thought i was going 'mad' and was going to be sectioned when i was at my worst :ohmy: sorry ive not posted the for a while but i seem to have crashed, spent the past few days in a panc stricken state :weep: think the past few weeks have caught up with me and now everythings over, the funerals etc ive burnt out, im seeing my cpn tomo and im hoping she will get me into see my shrink asap as i really feel ive took a thousand steps backwards, the past few days have been unbearable, all ive done is sit and cry praying for some respite from the anxiety, sorry for the moan, hope everyone else is ok :hugs: xx

Pipkin
12-12-12, 19:40
Hi all,

Cold or what? Just got in from a bracing walk and even my thermal socks didn't stop my toes going numb. At least it's not muddy anymore. All is well here - very little anxiety and I'm looking forward to Christmas. I've been invited to an 80s New Year party so any suggestions for fancy dress? Please bear in mind that I've got legs like twiglets so skin-tight jeans are a no-no!

Pink - good to see you're getting in the festive spirit. I've given the decorations a miss as I know they wouldn't last two minutes with the demon dog. I'm at home for Christmas which is just how I like it - just me, my partner and Freddie. Nut roast (I don't eat meat) and the Queen's speech. Maybe a little glass of sherry...

Kitti - you have all my sympathy. I think it must be the work situation bringing you down. I know it's really hard when you've got something unresolved looming. Do you have a date when it should be sorted? You don't need me to say it but try your best to stay positive and pm me if you need any help - I'll try my best :hugs:

Lou - your story is really interesting and shows how well you're doing. I really like to hear other people's experiences because we're all so different and it puts things into perspective. I've had some pretty bad times too and the feeling that you're losing it is horrendous. We get through it though and we're stronger because if it. If only people knew what it's like.

Paul - stick with it matey and try to enjoy Christmas. You've had a really rough time on these meds but don't give up on them just yet. You've still got every chance to see an improvement.

Nic - just take it easy and give yourself done time to recover. What you've been through is enough to floor anyone, let alone an anxiety sufferer. You've started to improve before and you will again. I know this time of year without loved ones is hard but they'd want you to do your best to enjoy a family Christmas. I've said it before but they're never far away.

Hi to everyone else and a big festive :hugs:

Pip xxx

rockbottok
12-12-12, 20:16
Pip......I always think I'm the only one that feels like I'm losing the plot. And no one has ever been as bad as me. Lol

Nic..... U havent taken 1000 steps back, everythin has just got on top of u. Anyone normal person would feel like u are at this time. Uve not only had to deal with 1 but 2 losses. Time is a great healer remember tht. It doesn't help with this time of year as its always dark and miserable out but try and be as strong as poss xx

nicola1980
12-12-12, 21:05
Thanks lou and pip :hugs: you guys on here always make me feel better :hugs: x x

rockbottok
12-12-12, 22:20
Good. Remember we are only a message away and u are not the only person feeling like u are now. Always helps me to remember that. If we can do it so can u. :hugs: xx

Pipkin
12-12-12, 23:15
Nic - I'm with Lou on that one. We're never far away if you need us.

Pip xxx

Sober2000june
13-12-12, 12:48
Lou, The only way i can define it as being lost deep inside myself feeling i need to scream because i am trapped in some alien zone in my mind soul that i cant get out of. The days seem to be going by more naturally on 112.5 and i am quietly +ve about Christmas Pip :hugs:.

I am starting to appreciate again i have three beuatiful sons and a lovely wife.

defo more in the world than the twilight zone at mo:D.

Take care folks:hugs:

nicola1980
13-12-12, 18:41
Hi all, Paul you sound better :D well my cpn came out to see me today and through my sobs i told her how bad id been feeling, she was very reassuring and said she wouldn't expect anything more from me at the min after the past few weeks and what im experiencing is normal grief which would effect a 'normal' person badly let alone an anxiety sufferer, she had spoke to my physchatrist who had agreed with her and she doesn't feel the need to see me any earlier as basically theres nothing she can do, hubby thinks ive been gong at a 100 miles per hour the past 6 weeks helping my mum and clearing my grandads bungalow, the funerals etc and now ive stopped and got nothing to do ive crashed which i agree with but me being me is still panicking that im going backwards and can't think logically ARGH!!! anyway hope everyone else is ok :hugs: xxx

rockbottok
13-12-12, 22:36
Nic......totally agree with her hun and like I said any normal person would be exactly the same. Sooooooo relax and roll with it and it will start to pass. Try not to fight it cos at the min u need to rest and get some energy back. Make sure ur eating regular and nap if u need too. Will all help in the recovery process. ( all easily said when ur feeling better, I don't take any of my own advice when I'm struggling) but try too as u will start to feel better sooner xx

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Sober...... A bit of depersonalisation? I used to get that alot I used to feel like everythin around me and I was just sat watching like I didn't exist. Horrible feeling. As u probs know its a anxiety symptom. Once u start getting that all under control it will start to pass. But wot makes u think about psychosis???? Is it the depersonalisation? One dr said to me that if I were to get psychosis I wouldn't worry about it nor know that's wot was happening so the fact I used to worry about it meant I wasn't in psychosis.

Lou xx

pinkdove
14-12-12, 14:35
nicola sending you :hugs: as lou says just go with it, you need to rest and recover from whats been a very stressfull time for you, i know you have a good family, so let them help you.

you will get over this, you are strong, you have to be to get through the past year, i really hope you start to feel better soon, we are always here for you take care xxxx

lou hope you are feeling a bit better now xx

paul how are you eeling on the decrease ?

pip where are you, hope you are ok ?

to everyone else :hugs: all round xxx

Sober2000june
14-12-12, 16:10
Still not bad. Bit flat bit not major insanity

Pipkin
14-12-12, 17:51
Hi all,

I'm still here - just been busy. Only got in from work 5 mins ago and I'll be back later.

Take care

Pip xx

JezKnowsBest
15-12-12, 15:48
Hello everyone, sorry to have been away for so long but I've had a lot going on what with moving, Christmas, settling my eldest into her new preschool and sorting her outfit for nativity with a week's notice etc etc.
I love it in my new home, the house is great and we now have a good sized garden and live in a small cul-de-sac on the edge of a village. All the neighbours have introduced themselves and been so nice, although I'm much more isolated geographically I feel a lot more included in village life. I have been a lot more positive, pushing myself to do the things I would normally wriggle out of like greeting neighbours, making phone calls to companies to change details etc. I'm not sure if it's the venlafaxine or the effect of living somewhere I feel safe and included.

There hasn't been too many anxiety symptoms in general but this morning I woke up and after noticing for the last few days that my waist is looking smaller I hopped on the scales for the first time in months and I've lost half a stone. I immediately thought 'omg I've got cancer, I'm going to die and leave my children motherless and alone on Dartmoor!' After a long time thinking it through as rationally as I could I realised I've been doing a lot of cardio unknowingly, like vacuuming the house every day, cleaning the oven twice a week, cleaning the skirting, cleaning the windows, polishing, cleaning the floors and shifting boxes of things still left to unpack and of course I've been getting out most days and walking about pushing the pram so I'm probably burning a lot more calories than before. A part of me is still worrying about cancer but it's a huge step forward to have been able to break the cycle of worry and even start to think rationally about the cause of the weightloss.

Anyway, I hope you're all well and looking forward to Christmas (perhaps the worst time of year for us lot!?) my family are coming for the meal and probably staying the night so I'm in a flap about menus, sleeping arrangements and presents etc. I'll try to get on before the big day and see how you all are x

Sober2000june
15-12-12, 21:57
Still ok on 112

spawn
16-12-12, 10:13
Hey Jez sounds like your doing well, a change can be good!

I'm pretty good, I'm almost over my flu/cold, I'm still on 150mg Ven and suffering with the headaches all the time, night sweats and vivid dreams. Also still have ringing in my ears? But I'm feeling pretty much myself now, and even went out to town fri night with a couple of m8's for a meal and drinks, I was worried about having a panic attack but I was fine and enjoyed myself!

When I see my doctor next I'm going to ask her about reducing to 112.5 as I feel over medicated still?

One more week of work and I fly out to Lanzarote for Xmas, I'm feeling a little anxious about it, but I know I managed Cyprus and the wedding 7 weeks ago so I should be fine!

Hope everyone is good!

pinkdove
16-12-12, 11:30
morning all, gav you are the same as me, i think we are probably feeling the effects of the meds, as pip says once we start to feel better, we notice that we are not fully 100%, soi will be reducing in the new year to 112.5 aswell, luck you lanzarote sounds great and you will not have the stress of the wedding so im sure you'll be fine, and well done on the night out....a high step for you xx

jez nice to hear you are getting there too, losing weight.....wish i could, one of the reason for reducing the meds, hope you continue to improvexx

pip the weekend is here, how are you doing, i have been really bust, doing the usuall things, shopping, wrapping. and running round like a headless chicke, all for one day eh!!!! but at least im getting into the spirit of it this year xx

nicola how are you hunni ????

paul you still doing ok ???

hows everyone else coping with this festive season ?????

nicola1980
16-12-12, 12:24
Hi all, well had an awful few days, didn't realise actually how ill grief can make you feel, am feeling a bit better today and mum and dad are taking us all out for dinner for a treat and fortunatly im not freaking about it, i keep thinking about my Grandad tho and then the tears and anxiety start :weep: i guess it will just take time but i do miss him, this Grandads death has affected me alot more than my other for some reason? times a great healer tho so ill get there, :hugs: to everyone xxxxxx

spawn
16-12-12, 12:57
Hugs Nic..x

clio51
16-12-12, 18:52
Hi All

Just quick question, has anybody on ven suffered from aches??
I've had aches in my legs on waking for the last month lasting most of the morning and the last 4 days backache, it makes me feel miserable(well more miserable lol) it bring me down that fed up feeling I can't just forget it's there. Was wondering if it's the Ven or just me being so anxious most of the time maybe i'm tense ???

Does anybody get waves of anxiety for a few minutes, then feel ok it's weird because when the wave of anxiety comes it freaks me out and I have to talk myself down it's horrible just wondering does anybody else have this??

Personally I will be glad when xmas is over, bring back bad memories for my divorce and quite a few family deaths. I'm trying not to get stressed about it but you only have to go shopping and see people's shopping trolly's like food is going out of fashion and you get caught up in all the hipe!!!
Were just having a quiet xmas as usual.

Back to normality I say

Take Care all xx

nicola1980
16-12-12, 19:22
Hi Clio, i think the aches come from us being anxious and tense, ive had an awful ache in my neck which travels down my arm and i know its prob from the way ive been holding myself recently, when we're anxious we tend to be very rigid. How are you feeling apart from the aches? xx

clio51
16-12-12, 19:41
Hi Nic

Still on 150mg just over month.

I think my mood is slightly better, but anxiety is still high, I can become quite snappy for no reason just out of the blue and it's usually my partner or son who cops for it!! I still wake up a few times in the night also, but manage to get back off though. I am still very anxious when going places which is very limited at the moment(this I have got to work on) I have lost a lot of confidence over this last year and tend to stay in my house most of the time(my safe place)

Just wish my anxiety levels would go down I feel like a total wreck and if I see somebody I know I panic.

Take care xx

Tufty
17-12-12, 14:38
Good afternoon Chaps and Chapesses,

7 weeks off medication and feeling crap! (note to self - stop being such a proud and stubborn old bird and sort yourself out :blush:) So in response to aforementioned I have an appointment with doc at 3.15 and Escitalopram here I come, enough is enough. I admit defeat in being medication free, it's not for me at the moment, in hindsight I've not been 100% for such a long time it wasn't a good plan to go 'commando' so to speak now. I deserve to feel well, I feel ghastly at the mo, irritable, tired, anxious, depressed, the whole monty - not so good a week before chrimbo.

You venny peeps seem to be on the up on the whole which is great, I know too well that it takes alot of hard work and that medication is only part of the solution - so hats off to you all :hugs:

Sam

rockbottok
17-12-12, 15:03
Hi guys.

been on 150 for about 3 weeks now and feeling alot better, more movivation, less tired and mood and anxiety free. (But I won't spk to soon) lol. Only thing I am suffering from is a bit of OCD. Which I've always had but seem a bit heightened at the mo. coul be the increase tho an will hopefully settle back down. Pip will prob know?????

Hope u are all on the up for the festive period xx

pinkdove
17-12-12, 15:12
hey sam good luck hun, im not too bad at the mo, but am going to reduce the ven in the new year, i hope the new meds work for you, and that you get some relief soon.
anxiety is so draining, but you have been so brave over the past few mnths, and i've heard realy good things about escitalpra, that would have been my next move, let us know how you get on xxx

lou glad you are feeling a bit better, it would seem that the increase is starting to work for you, dont look back, accept that you feel better, and in time for crimbo !!!! so pleased for you hun xxx

still pushing myself, better when im busy , when im not too much time to think, but at least a feel near normal whatever that might be lol.

hope everyone else is ok xxx

nicola1980
17-12-12, 19:07
Hi all, good luck sam on the new meds ive read good reports on escitalopram, well ive had a better day today apart from having my hair coloured and it turning yellow :ohmy: it took my hairdresser hours to correct it lol and funny enough i didn't even freak out i just laughed but its all sorted now!! im taking my mum christmas shopping tomo so hopefully ill feel up to it but ill make myself go anyway. Hope everyone is ok :hugs: xx

rockbottok
17-12-12, 19:59
Well done nic....ur on the up. Xx

clio51
17-12-12, 20:35
Hi Nic

You did well getting there, or does going places not bother you??(anxiety/panic)
do you manage getting about no problem?
You must be chilled for that to happen and no stress lol.

xx

Pipkin
17-12-12, 21:02
Hi everyone,

All is well here but busy as usual so I've not had much chance to come and do an update here. I'm still feeling fine but I'm really tired and I'm looking forward to a bit of time off work. I hope the weather's nice - it's wet and miserable at the moment and I prefered the cold and frosty weather we had last week.

Clio - I think Nic's right. I got quite a bit more muscle tension at first with ven, particularly in my jaw and it really ached. It took quite a while to subside and, although I still get it a bit, it does get better. See if you notice yourself tensing up.

Lou - I guess the answer is that we all get a bit of raised anxiety at first and that triggers different reactions in us all. If you already have some OCD tendencies, they could get a little worse for a while. Keep an eye on it and see how you get on.

Sam - it might be worth hanging on a couple of weeks before starting your escit. You could get some start up effects which might be a pain over Christmas and, if you like a drink, that's a no-no for a while too. One to discuss with your GP, I think.

Nic - hugs coming your way. I think yellow hair's a good look btw!

Pink - you sound so organised! I've nearly finished my shopping but nothing's wrapped yet. I need to get a move on but I think it'll have to wait until the weekend now, unless you want to come and do mine too??

Hi to everyone

Pip xxx

Annip
17-12-12, 22:50
Hi all
My Ven has been put to the test recently and I'm glad to say it has certainly helped me and kept me going. Have been looking after my 2 grandchildren (aged 20 months and 7 months) as my daughter in law has had an operation. Am exhausted but in a good way. Haven't been able to catch up on here recently but I think about you all often.
Hope each day is better than the previous 1 Nicola..you have had an extremely tough time
Glad to hear you're okish Pink..have a good Christmas and look forward to reducing
Have a wonderful holiday Gav
Clio don't worry about going out at the moment.Try and relax, accept and enjoy the time at home.
Hope you all have a relaxing Christmas and try not to worry too much
Anni xx :yesyes: