PDA

View Full Version : from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21

pinkdove
19-01-13, 23:16
iggy i undersand your concern about nicola, but are you really experienced enough to advise her to cut down her meds, surely she would be better advised by her psyc.

the drugs have not nade us like we are, for a lot of people they have been a lifesaver,

also commenting on her dreams of another chil to me is insensitive at best

sorry but i dont think your post is very helpfull, we all try to help each other through a very difficult time, but none of us are medically trained, and steer clear of scaremongering....my opinion for what its worth

Pipkin
20-01-13, 00:28
Caroline - I completely agree with Pink on this. I know you are really trying to help but your personal experience and what is best for you doesn't make it best for everyone. Meds certainly haven't ruined my life - the majority of the time I've been med-free and have spent years suffering and wasting my life with anxiety, worrying instead of living. Having been on ven for a year now, I am in a better position than I can ever remember. The only people who can advise on courses of treatment and changes to drug doses are medical professionals who are treating us. None of us are in that position to advise others on here.

Nic - It's important to remember that we all have ups and downs in life and just because you're having a hard time at the minute doesn't mean that you need to change what you're doing. It might be right to change meds, it might not. This is something you need to discuss with your doctor next week and make an informed decision together. We can give you the benefit of our experience but we're all different and and what's right for me may not be right for you.

If I could hazard a guess, I'd say that you've been through a lot over the last few months and that it's taking its toll on you. Give yourself some time to recover and listen to what your body's telling you. You know things will get better, they did before - just take some time out and remember the positives over the past 12 months. We're all here for you.

Pip xxx

Iggy131313
20-01-13, 00:42
Hi Pink Dove, I understand what you are saying, but we all know that lamictal and lithium cannot be taken whilst preggo, and I want that reality to happen for Nicola, and there is NO reason it shouldnt, no reason at all, but you cant take lithium etc and I dont see what else her pdoc will say....of course hopefully she will come up with a better plan and Nicola will start a new med or something.

I understand also you saying that a phyc should know better than me, but sadly when you look into all this, its not the case, phycs and Drs simply do not understand the level of withdrawal that some people can have with these meds, and adverse reactions which both Nicola and I had.

I knew it was a risk posting that on here, but its like walking past someone who I can see is in a life threatening situation, I just want Nicola to look into this herself, not take my word for it, of course.

Nic, I hope you didnt take my comments about your future baby (which WILL happen, and maybe have a girl this time eh? wouldnt that be something?)

I was unaware of what was happening to me, and then I found out...and obviusly Im not qualified in ANYTHING apart from now understanding ssri w/d and adverse reaction, which Nicola knows she had...

and Im not trying to scaremonger, quite the contrary, Im trying to offer an alternative veiw, and something that Nic and her family may like to look into for themselves.

My most humble apologies for ANY offense I have caused to ANYONE here, I understand how hard things are, I am also having a terrible time and I want to send good vibes to all here and wish you all the best of luck and a joyful and fulfilling life, whether on meds or not....

But, I also wanted to just say what I think because I truly believe in what Im saying, and I have seen the worlds leading expert in Wales on this matter, Just another veiw, and something to look into if she has any interest. I have said it now and will not mention it again, I dont know any of you other Guys, so of course Im not saying this is the case for all, but I know Nics story, and if indeed Nic you try another med and it works, GREAT! If it doesnt I ask you to do a little research into what I have suggested, just as an alternative veiw, and fulfill your dreams and be happy, you WILL get there, one way or another...

also, regarding the scaremongering, it is not the case because even if it IS as I suggest and Nic is experiencing ssri withdrawal plus adverse reaction and thats why the meds isnt working (due to desensitisation of the central nervous system - words from the worlds leading expert, not my own) then there is STILL HOPE, and you will STILL HEAL and recover just fine and be GREAT!

I dont want you to think you have treatment resistant anxiety or depression, because no matter what happens meds or no meds, you are going to be JUST PEACHY and FINE/

Perhaps that didnt come accross right from my other post, and I wasnt saying she SHOULD taper off the Ven, I was just suggesting she look into some of the websites that explain SSRI withdrawal and adverse reaction and the recovery from that and see how alot of people are in the exact same position.

Be well everyone, and once again I apologise if I have offended anyone but to be honest its a risk I was willing to take because in my heart I believe what Im saying is right and I am making an attempt to offer Nicola a way to avoid going on multiple Meds that she may not need and therefore changing the direction of her life, of course if thats the direction that leads to a happier future go for it, do all you can to hone happiness, but always remember there is another side, another option, and I couldnt walk past without saying it...Nicola has helped me a greta deal in the past and this is how I am trying to return that kindness, perhaps its misplaced, but I had to do it.

Have a wonderful, happy and anxiety free year everyone and do what you need to do, but always be informed, I wish I had been better aware.

nicola1980
20-01-13, 11:26
Hi Caroline, im going to be honest and say your reply has put me even more into a panic plus i felt it quite personal if im honest i.e regarding pregnancy, that was something i didn't wish to broadcast on an open forum and something i spoke to you about via private message :weep:, i must admit when i read your reply it had me in tears and has scared the life out of me if im honest but i trust my physchatrist totally.

william wallace
20-01-13, 12:06
Anyway, just to change the subject, Nicola, Pink Dove, special friends for quite a while now although I dont post much.
Here's Holly at the beach with me and Meggy a couple of weeks back, isn't she just gorgeous:)
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/m1llsyno1/P1020066_zps2e74d971.jpg

clio51
20-01-13, 12:20
nic.

take a d now and try to forget what as been said it's not worth the anxiety babe. and as you say that's personal stuff. everyone as there own thoughts and sometimes when we think it's tooo much for us to cope with so we have to try and just get on . don't get me wrong this is so bloody hard to do as I know myself everyday is a bloody up hill struggle.
and this illness is horrible to put it mildly.

make some notes today or tomorrow when you feel you can, about what your really like in a bad spell as sometimes we forget thing's and only remember them later.

this is what I am going to do, as I see my doc tomorrow and psych next Tuesday.

xxx

pinkdove
20-01-13, 13:21
nic i've pm'd you,

mr w she's just gorgeous, just what we need on here to lift the mood, how are you ? hope you are stll improving.xx

hows everyone else today, apart from being bloody freezin lol

Pipkin
20-01-13, 13:32
Hi all,

Just back from the best snowy walk ever - I really enjoyed myself and feel very refreshed. Very cold but lovely.

Nic - you're absolutely right to keep your faith in your psychiatrist. We all know meds aren't a magic solution (if only!) but they really help some people and they've clearly helped you over the past year. Stick with it and we're all here for you. Sandra clearly meant to help you but what suits one person, doesn't suit everyone.

Off to warm up and chill for a couple of hours...

Pip xxx

nicola1980
20-01-13, 17:08
Mr W she is just too bloody gorgeous :D you've cheered me up little Holly xx

william wallace
20-01-13, 17:25
She is that girls, and she has a lovely nature too. Loves animals, birds, people, sun, moon, stars she my darling:D

I'm pretty good by the way, had a wobble over Christmas more boredom than anything else I think because work dried up for a couple of week.
I got to thinking that my new business wasn't going too well (irrational) I know but that's the way it is. Anyhoo I'm getting calls every day and this is the first day off in a fortnight, and I have work enough for a couple of weeks and more coming in.

:)

pinkdove
20-01-13, 18:13
what a great blog, you are so handy, wish you were near :D good luck with the business, although you seem to be doing great.

where is the beach holly was playing ? looks great !!!!

Tufty
20-01-13, 18:18
You secret little blogger Mr W - you're a wiz with the old interweb and a chainsaw too :D Glad to hear it's all going well for you, I remember you with such fondness, always looking on the bright side and encouraging us all in our darkest moments. Holly has grown into a beautiful little lady, she was such a wee bonnie baby - still makes me smile to see her little face.

Nicola - lots and lots of love and hugs :hugs: You have been through so much over the last 3 months, this is just a blip - we all have them. Leave the medication side of things to your psychi doc, focus on trying to make the best of each moment and try to float through the bad times - take Diazepam to help you through - do not suffer any more than possible.

I've been on the new meds for 5 weeks now and feeling pretty awful, have had panic attacks for the past few days, feeling sick, depressed, tingling lips, goosebumps all over - just that sinking feeling in your stomach - yukky. I'm back to taking Diazepam and Propanolol to get through each day but on the positive side have managed to keep working - I had three weeks off when I first started, felt a bit better and went back two weeks ago and am trying my best to keep working.

Love and hugs to all
Sam

nicola1980
20-01-13, 18:25
Thanks Sam :hugs: ive been following your thread and i think your doing amazing especially with still going to work, hopefully what your experiencing is just nasty side effects that will fade in time, you deserve some respite from this damn illness, sending :hugs: xxx

pinkdove
20-01-13, 19:25
sam sorry you are going through a tough time, but you are doing so well to keep working, hopefully its just the meds settling in hun .

i think we all seem to be much better than last year even if its just a bit of improvement, i know it has helped me a lot to have the support of you all on here.

keep smiling sam, you will get there.......you are strong xx

ammiemum
21-01-13, 02:51
beautiful pic..

---------- Post added at 02:51 ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 ----------

not a good coupla days -crying and crying again ,no sleep , just want to be better. i thought this ven was the one but right down again perhaps its just me , seems to be .so bl### sad..

pinkdove
21-01-13, 11:58
aw ammi has anything triggered this off ? its probably just wee blip hun, you will feel better soon im sure, you were doing so well, hope you feel better soon xxx

just noticed the time you posted, you must be tired, i know what the lack of sleep can do, just rest and sleep when you feel like it, give it a couple of days, then ring your gp for avice hun, but im sure you will pick up again take care xxx

Tony52
21-01-13, 13:29
Hi Venny pals,hope we are all O.K. and had a good weekend.

Can get my words out so much quicker these days and know what I want to say.
Also got lots to say ,so hope I'm not boring some of you.

To nic and ammie You will get through all this happening to you at the moment.Things will get better for you and you will come out even stronger.

Lovely pic Mr W. Bet you have a lovely family,dog included.

Gotta say that most things in my life are on the up for me and I'm feeling realy good.
Even though there are a few family and health problems I have managed to get away or put out of my mind for a fortnight,I am about 90% my normal self now.The worries I have are not overpowering me now.

I can realy relate to a lot of the posts on the last few pages as I have suffered in similar ways less than 2 weeks ago.

A big reason I feel happy is that I booked a holiday to Tunisia on Friday ,and Monday morning ,I am waking up looking out on the verandah to a lovely beach and the Med.
The sun is shining and the world seems such a nice place to me.

Couldn't have done anything like that less than 2 weeks ago when I was ringing up the NHS crisis line. Miricales do happen and this is a new experience for me after 15 years on AD meds on and off. Keep pinching myself to make sure I am not in a dream.

If this sort of thing happened to me,it can happen to anyone. Hopefully I have just got the right combination of meds and cbt for me,and I do stress ME, as some of us know these AD meds are hit or miss until you start to feel realy better as I have found out over the years.
We will all get there in the end,and I for one definately feel a much stronger person than 2 weeks ago,and most probably even stronger and more confident than normal. Not 100% certain about that one yet.

Best wishes and good luck to us all. :yahoo:

clio51
21-01-13, 14:30
hi Tony. you sound in really good spirits, you lucky thing!! and such a short time on mirt.

Nicola, you a little bit better today hun?

I've Been to doc this morning and went back into my diaries last night to see how things were back then, written it all down and showed it to her she said it looks like I have made my own diagnose.

my depression isn't as no where near where it was, but I think the way I am now
hardly any sleep unless sleeping meds
appetite hasn't really returned, still losing ib week or so
anxiety still quite high, agitated
because no sleep legs and back ache.

so she as put me back on 75mg aghhhh crapping myself
also back at psych next Mon don't know how she will take that

also been given slow release proprananol 80mg 1 a day instead of keep using diazepam.

so lot to think about !!!!! oh my god

hope everyone having good day xxxx

william wallace
21-01-13, 23:32
what a great blog, you are so handy, wish you were near :D good luck with the business, although you seem to be doing great.

where is the beach holly was playing ? looks great !!!!

Thats Broughty Ferry Andrina, on the Tay Estuary. Nice part of Scotland, theres a castle on the harbour and a few really good chippy's who get their cod from Arbroath and haddock from Pittenweem. My old mum and my oldest sister live there so I take Holly to see them whenever I'm babysitting.

Sam good to hear from you and sorry to read that you're not feeling too good just now. I miss you guys too and feel like we have some kind of bond but the thing is when you start to get over it you kind of distance yourself, try not to get involved in other folks problems in case it kicks something off, if you get my drift. Anyways, this is definitely the place to be when you feel like a pile of turds, and next time it comes around, I know where and who my friends are.
:hugs:all round, even the blokes:)

rockbottok
22-01-13, 01:17
Hey guys, just thought ud drop in quickly, I've been doin fine since my 2 week blip over Xmas. So there is hope for all u that a sreyggling at the mo.

For those of u that have trouble sleeping, I'm the exact opposite. I'd sleep for england on these meds, I've even wondered if I've sit somethin else wrong with me like ME or somethin it's that bad.

Nic......ignore the weird post. Look how many of us are on this thread. Outnumbers the 1 silly post. U were doing perfect before all ur family grief and I'm sure u will do just fine again once things have settled. Time is a great healer. And what doesn't kill u makes u stronger so I'm sure u will come out the other side a stronger nic :)

Clio... What were u in before she put u back on 75?

Lou xx

Annip
22-01-13, 10:18
hi Anni,
it prop is the adrenaline from anxiety, is horrible you can really feel it building up inside of you.
I thought about taking diazepam 3x daily as that was what I was told at first, but I was scared of becoming addicted to them, so now I'm taking them twice day.
are you on anything other than 75mg ven?? and do you suffer anymore??

WELL WHERE ARE ALL THE VEN PEEP????
your either all well or not to good and can't be ars...

hope all is well with you all xxxxx
Hi Clio
I'm just on the 75mg ven now and no I don't have anxiety or panic attacks or depression and i'm sure its the ven. however I do try and avoid stressful situations and I still practice techniques to help me worry less. Yes I was scared of taking diazepam...and zopiclone...but thats what got me through. Yes at the time I felt quite drugged up but I thought better that than the awfulness of the other. When I knew that the panic etc had subsided I started to decrease the zop 1st and then the diaz...a quarter of a tablet reduced each week.
Talk to your doc and I hope he/she is supportive
Heres to better times...for everyone xx

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

Hi Clio
I'm just on the 75mg ven now and no I don't have anxiety or panic attacks or depression and i'm sure its the ven. however I do try and avoid stressful situations and I still practice techniques to help me worry less. Yes I was scared of taking diazepam...and zopiclone...but thats what got me through. Yes at the time I felt quite drugged up but I thought better that than the awfulness of the other. When I knew that the panic etc had subsided I started to decrease the zop 1st and then the diaz...a quarter of a tablet reduced each week.
Talk to your doc and I hope he/she is supportive
Heres to better times...for everyone xx
Have just read on through the posts and see that your doc has given you something....good. I hope this helps.
Stay strong.I believe we are all strong..we must be because of what we have been, and are still going through.
Lots and lots of:bighug1:to you all
Anni xx

nicola1980
22-01-13, 18:52
Hi all, i feel really wary posting on here now after the previous comments but we're all such good friends that im not going to let a couple of messages get to me!! well i saw my shrink and shes increased the ven by another 37.5mg so im now taking 187.5mg slow release and im seeing her again in 4 weeks, i have faith in my shrink and believe her when she assures me i will get better! hope everyone is ok :hugs: xxxxx

Pipkin
22-01-13, 19:20
Big :hugs: Nic - no need to feel wary. We're all here and battling on together.

Pip xxx

clio51
22-01-13, 19:24
hi all,

Lou, I was on 150mg decided not to do 75mg as you will see from my new thread, your soo lucky sleeping lol . take care xxx

anni, thank you so much for all your help and advice,

Nicola . don't let one person stop you from sharing your experience through this awful illness luv, just move on. good luck with the increase. xxx

pink . how's the fags going? hard I imagine, hope your well I'm sure you are. xxx

gav how's the decrease going?

and to everybody else hope it's going well. xx

pinkdove
22-01-13, 21:13
:hugs:nicola we have been through this journet together and supporting each other for 18 months, i hope you will keep posting, and supporting others, good luck with the increase, im sure your psyc knows whats best for you. we are all friends here, and will continue to support each other, and we're not here to judge. take care hunni

clio i am doin ok with the fags, finding it easier with the stage 2 patch, your sleep should get better, like lou i sleep well on ven xx

paul gav how are you guys ?

anni are you ok today ?

been a bit off today, had an upset stomach this morning, and slept for 2 hours this afternoon, no energy, think i might have a bug, so just chillin feeling very lazy xx

Sober2000june
23-01-13, 08:40
Still plodding along pink :). It is more of an effort to get to sleep - never really get that natuaral comfortable tired feeling its more of an edgy tired( with it comes the compulsion to shake my head). Oh and the restless leg. my understanding boss told me off last week about it as he could feel the vibtation. The temptation to give him 225 in his tea gets stronger some times. I guess i just need to accept he has no understanding of this. Any way see my private shrink tommorow. i suppose spemding 200 quid is a lot but it never botheted me spending yhat evwry week when i was a piss head.

---------- Post added at 08:40 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

Still plodding along pink :). It is more of an effort to get to sleep - never really get that natuaral comfortable tired feeling its more of an edgy tired( with it comes the compulsion to shake my head). Oh and the restless leg. my understanding boss told me off last week about it as he could feel the vibtation. The temptation to give him 225 in his tea gets stronger some times. I guess i just need to accept he has no understanding of this. Any way see my private shrink tommorow. i suppose spemding 200 quid is a lot but it never botheted me spending yhat evwry week when i was a piss head.

nicola1980
23-01-13, 09:11
Hi all, thanks for all youor support :hugs: well ive took my extra ven and now panicking about side effects but just going to try and relax and go with the flow.........easier said than done!!! Paul good luck with your shrink, i think you've done amazing you should be proud of yourself :hugs: it still makes me chuckle about putting it in your boss's tea lol!!! hope everyone else is ok, lots of love and :hugs: xxxxxxx

Annip
23-01-13, 10:04
Hi all
I was very shocked to read the posts from Iggy. From how I read it no Ads can help. Thats rubbish. I read on here all the sucess stories, me being one, from people taking ven and other ADs. How can we all be wrong? Well done pink and pipkin and others for your positive responses.
All I can say Iggy is if you feel so strongly and you seem to know Nicola, why didn't you contact her privately...and not tell her what to do.
I didn't find the posts at all helpful. Its taken me a while to respond as I was so astounded.
Good luck Nicola...go by what the professionals tell you and what you feel is right. Hope the new level of ven is good for you...give yourself the time to heal and be kind to yourself. You have suffered 2 severe traumas and you have supported your family as well.
Anni:hugs:

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

:hugs:nicola we have been through this journet together and supporting each other for 18 months, i hope you will keep posting, and supporting others, good luck with the increase, im sure your psyc knows whats best for you. we are all friends here, and will continue to support each other, and we're not here to judge. take care hunni

clio i am doin ok with the fags, finding it easier with the stage 2 patch, your sleep should get better, like lou i sleep well on ven xx

paul gav how are you guys ?

anni are you ok today ?

been a bit off today, had an upset stomach this morning, and slept for 2 hours this afternoon, no energy, think i might have a bug, so just chillin feeling very lazy xx
Hope you're feeling better today Pink. I feel good and strong. Have just spent the last couple of days with my family. My heart sings when I'm with my grandchildren.
Anni :yesyes:

nicola1980
23-01-13, 10:09
Thanks anni x x

clio51
23-01-13, 10:44
Nicola, I to am the same as you, but decreasing so I'm with you with all the panic lol it is easy said than done and hard to switch off. it's like as soon as you've taken it , the bloody mind switches on! we can only try be strong and get on with it.

pink hope your feeling bit better today.

Anni . you sound really well luv, can't come quicker for me one day at a time though.

Paul . good look with psych today, really wrong that you having to pay you should of got this through nhs and not got a ar.. hole, that's it it's a lottery who you get!!!

xx

Pipkin
23-01-13, 18:48
Hi all,

Sorry my posts have been a bit sparse recently - I've been so busy at work and I've just started a course which is taking up a lot of my time as well. I always check in on the thread a few times a day to make sure you're all ok.

I'm fine and have come to the realisation that ven is excellent for my psychological symptoms (I don't worry about things as much now) and it keeps some of the physical ones at bay too. The anxious symptoms do creep through now and again with Mondays being by far the worst for some reason. It's not work but I think it might be to do with having the control of what I do taken away from me. That said, I've been like that for years and at least it's better than it was.

For those of you going through increases and decreases, I know what it's like as I've done both and I feel for you. You'll find that the fear of what it's going to be like worse than the reality. Once you realise that, you're over the worst. And besides, if I can do it, anyone can!

How is everyone today? Hopefully not too cold and thawing out a bit. The snow's on its way out here so it'll soon be back to muddy walks instead of the lovely snowy ones. Roll on summer is all I can say.

If you ever need me, I'm always around even if I don't post as much as I'd like to.

Take care and big :hugs: all round

Pip xxx

spawn
23-01-13, 23:21
Hey guys! Well the decrease is going great, im feeling alot better than when I was on 150mg. Headaches are getting less, as well as the vivid dreams/night sweats.
I am spending more and more time at work which I need to keep a eye on, as I don't want to over do it!

Hope everyone is getting on well and keeping busy!
Gav.

kittikat
24-01-13, 00:39
Hey all :)

I haven't posted much here lately either as I have some stressful work issues going on which has taken away a lot of my brain power (not hard atm lol!!) and I have had the dreaded flu.

Gav, I am glad to hear that your decrease is going so well :yesyes: and Clio I wish you the best of luck with yours too hun xx

I have to say I am glad I held out on the 75mg and didn't rush to increase as I am now a lot less anxious than I was 4 months ago. My mood is fairly 'stable' but the work issue is getting me down. My doc thinks once that is resolved I will start to feel much better. Here's hoping :unsure:

Like Pip, I do check in to see how everyone is doing. Big hugs to you all. Stay positive :bighug1: Kitti xx

spawn
24-01-13, 07:58
Well done kitti, stick with it. When I get stressed at work I make sure I take time out to relax after. Take care .x

pinkdove
24-01-13, 10:03
hi guys, gav really pleased the decrease is going well, will be making an appointment to do the same soon, yea and dont overdo it at work, we all know what that can do, just make sure you have some down time too xx

kitti sorry you are still having problems at work, this has been going on for ages and must take its toll on you, i agree with your gp, when you get this sorted you will feel much better.

well done on sticking to the 75mg i agree with you totally, i think because we are all in a hurry to get better, we tend to let the gp increase our dose, but thinking back, i think i was the same on 112.5, so will be dropping back soon. good luck wit the work issues xx

nicola hows the increase going, hope you are keeing busy, and not thinking about it too much x

pip, you are keeping yourself really busy too, with work, and your course, im sure you will e spending time doing your admin duties too, remember to take time out for you too, rosie loved the snow and will be dissapointed it is going a bit today, although she has been under the weather for a day or two, but has eaten this morning so she's getting better, hows freddie doing, and how old is he now ?

hows everyone else doing ?

clio how are things with you ? are you feeling any better today ?

tracey, lou, sam. slowfish, paul, and anyone else i've forgot hope you are all doing well xx

Annip
24-01-13, 10:05
Hey guys! Well the decrease is going great, im feeling alot better than when I was on 150mg. Headaches are getting less, as well as the vivid dreams/night sweats.
I am spending more and more time at work which I need to keep a eye on, as I don't want to over do it!

Hope everyone is getting on well and keeping busy!
Gav.
Hi Gav..brilliant news..another ven sucess
anni:)

Tufty
24-01-13, 10:50
Hi Everyone
Still here and struggling, having a 'blip' with lots of 'moments'. I've been on the Escitalopram for 5 and half weeks now and after two horrible weeks I started to level out, woke without anxiety, was a bit down but better than I had been and went back to work at week 3. I stayed the same until I reached week 4 on the meds, I then had a panic attack - didn't feel anxious at the time and it shocked me, that was 9 days ago and since then I have been depressed, anxious with lots of panic attacks and very little respite from feeling awful. I feel nauseas, having headaches - all the normal symptoms with A and D. I've kept working, I don't know how but I have, yesterday I had a belter of a panic whilst at work and I guess I'm better at floating through them but I felt exhausted and depressed for the rest of the day.

So I'm questioning the dose of meds - as we all are, I started on 5mg for 7 days as recommended and then increased to 10mg over a period of a week or so, 10mg being the therapeutic dose. I was on 9-10mg for 21 days and it was after 14 days at that dose that I had the panic and started the downhill I've been on since. I reduced the dose to 5mg again on 3 days ago as my previous history with SSRI's is that I've improved when I've reduced the dose but so far I've not seen any improvement, I'm having more panic and feeling completely overwhelmed at the moment by them. I've got a Drs appointment tomorrow to talk to him about it and hopefully devise a plan of where to go from here if I don't improve over the next week, I'm quite frankly devastated that these aren't working for me, I stuck out the horrible first two weeks and am now worse than when I started.

I'm have 12 days off work booked but have to go in on Monday as we're short staffed and have spoken to my boss and arranged to go in on some other days if I feel like it, I'm better keeping busy and having a focus when I feel this bad. This morning I've made a list of things to do to keep me busy and distracted, boring things like paying some bills and sorting out my jewelry to going swimming and visiting friends - just getting through today is going to be a challenge :weep:

Love and hugs to all
Sam

Tony52
24-01-13, 11:53
Hi All and I do hope we are all having a good day,and if not,that your day does get better. :winks:
Sam
I know how you feel about questioning the dose of our meds.
Whether they are working or will they ever work well enough to make me feel like my normal self.

I was doing just this on January 8th. I had to see my GP urgently and between the 2 of us after a 20 minute or so consultation we mutually worked out what to do.
I was so scared of changing meds ,but after 7 months or so on Ven,I had to say with her agreement it wasn't working.It was actually making me feel worse.Hard to understand when it had worked fine before on a max of 75mg.
I had been up and down with the doses and nothing was making me better.She said no Ven for 4 days ,which frightened me cos I thought I would be tapered off, and then start on Mertazapine 15mg.
This has worked wonders for me since then and am now 95% my normal self.

What I'm getting at is that working it out with your GP which you say you are going to do is exactly what I did. I was devastated,like you, about Ven not working and s**t scared of starting on a new med.
It has been a real success story for me since then,so it could be the same for you.
After talking to your GP saying how much you are suffering etc. I am sure you will both come to the right decision to get yourself back to feeling good whatever is decided.
You will certainly come out of this illness a stronger person and hopefully whatever you decide mutually with your GP will work for you.
It worked for me,although it frightened me to bits at the start ,but I had confidence that it was the right thing to do .

I must admit that at times I did not have much faith in my GP with anxiety/depression,but after that appt. it changed .She could see how I was suffering and we worked out a possible solution that has worked for me to my great relief.

Best wishes and good luck to us all on our road to recovery. :)

clio51
24-01-13, 14:42
hi all

going back up to 150mg, have written it in my blog if you want to read.

xx

Iggy131313
24-01-13, 16:59
ok, last message and not about what I was saying befpore...have a look at Deplin and the reviews, could be a good way to get things better. x

Tufty
24-01-13, 17:37
I think that's a good plan Brenda, wait to see what the psychi suggests on Monday, have the symptoms of withdrawl settled down?

Thanks Tony, your post has made my day. I've been with the same GP for 20 years and he's always been pretty laid back and asks me what I want to do but last time when deciding what to try he did mention Mitazipine but I opted for Escitalopram. Most of my appointments with him last less than 5 minutes, I put on a brave face and deflect as much as possible by asking how he is :doh:. So tomorrow I'm going to take my mood chart and let him see how it's been the past few weeks, I'm up for leaving it another week on the Escit. but we'll see what he thinks, this has been going on far too long. It's good to hear you're doing so well on the Mitaz. I have a friend who took it for years and says it worked from day 1, do you find you're eating more on it? Not that I care about putting on weight, I'd put up with most side effects if I could just feel better
Thanks again
Love Sam

clio51
24-01-13, 20:08
hi guys

thanks Sam, take your time at doctor's and best of luck xx

I know this might sound daft but please can you tell me how nausea affects you???
what are you symptoms???

only asking as I think I've just realized ( brain wave) that the reason I'm not eating or enjoying anything or even wanting any food is it might me NAUSEA!!!

might be barking up the wrong tree just a thought. any help????

Sober2000june
24-01-13, 21:20
Well, thats me just taken my 1st 10mg of clomipramine. 5th time lucky
feeling hopeful. Please god let it be this!
good to see yoi doing well tony and even better yoire sharing it.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Clio, id say nsusea nvr gonna be sny good for appetite. Have you had itlong?

clio51
24-01-13, 21:37
hi Paul,

good luck with clomi, let us know how it goes.

I've been not really eating/enjoying food since this episode started back in September.
and never really thought about nausea before, as I was probably concentrating on my other symptoms. it's just I hardly ever want food or crave anything anymore, when it's meal time I really hardly ever want it or I will pick at it,and I'd eat cakes,sweets,crisps, chips,McDonald's doc any crap really and now I have no desire. even going round supermarket I'd put this and that in and just buy what's needed now( well least food bill is cheaper lol).

Tufty
24-01-13, 22:17
Hi Clio, I've had nausea when first starting this antid for a few weeks, it went and has now been back for 10 days. It's worse in the morning, I don't feel hungry and then when I get up and going I start to feel sick, pit of the stomach empty sickness feeling, whilst walking I sometimes I have to stop and breath as the sickness in my stomach feels worse. I've started eating ginger biscuits as that seems to settle my stomach a little, usually by tea time I feel less nauseas but not really hungry.

Good luck with Clomi Paul - you should sleep on that one I think :)

Still feeling crap, low and anxious but another day done. Tomorrow will be better :yesyes:

Love Sam

pinkdove
24-01-13, 23:10
good luck paul xx

:hugs: sam and clio hope you both feel better soon x

william wallace
25-01-13, 10:08
Anyone needing to cheer up or calm down?
Have a listen to this:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2MtEsrcTTs

pinkdove
25-01-13, 17:50
mr w all calm now :D

hows all my ven buddies today ? very quiet on here hope you are all ok xxxx

Tony52
25-01-13, 17:57
Hi Everyone,Hope we are all enjoying life today.I certainly am, and feel more relaxed and also full of life than I have for a good 10 months or so.

I am still here in Tunisia enjoying the sunshine even though it is a bit windy and not very warm.
Having a great time here having a stress free break for a fortnight and meeting new people.
Gives me some practice for meeting again the friends ,family ,workmates etc that I have found to be such a worrying and daunting experience when you are ill and/or can't be bothered.
The worrys at home will take care of themselves which is something I could not say just a couple of weeks ago.

sam and clio
I hope things do get better for you and that life will feel better very soon.
I could quite easily eat more and actually do with the buffet dinner here in the hotel.I feel that I am on holiday and don't need to care too much while I am here. I have got more of a taste for sweety things and don't touch them till the evening.
Breakfast buffet I do better and just gorge into the cereal,omelettes,fried eggs,toast,rolls and a few other bits and pieces. Was down to 9 stone with the anxiety/depression but now probably about 10 stone.Proper weight for me is about 10 and a half.
When I get back home I will have to use some will power,which I know I have got after 8 months of not realy living life to the full.
I'm sure all this anxiety/depression business has made me a stronger person.
On the side effects ,the only thing I know about Mert. is to take it with water at night time. Don't wanna know too much about SE's etc.
My GP has presribed them for how I was feeling and that's good enough for me.
Got a lot more faith in her now that I am feeling more than 100% better.
Best wishes to all of us who are getting better or still suffering. We will all get there in the end. :yesyes::winks::)

Tufty
25-01-13, 19:11
Hi Guys, Well I saw my GP and to my surprise he suggested Pregablin - it's very expensive so I'm amazed. We came to the decision to keep on the Escitalopram for another few days, I'm always the optomist and think I'll recover if I just give it a few more days. I'll start the Pregablin next week if I'm not picking up.
Today's been rubbish, panic, anxiety and depressed - I've done the daily chores one has to but feel kind of dead inside, like I'm functioning but not really living. I feel emotionally numb and have a can't be arsed attitude to most things.
Tomorrow will be better though
Love and hugs Sam

nicola1980
25-01-13, 19:43
Hi all, well i increased on wed to 187.5mg and have been fine until this afternoon when a huge wave of panic came over me but instead of panicking myself like id normally do i took myself off to my bed and let it float over me and i feel ok again now! Sam i hope you start to feel better soon, preg is supposed to be fantastic for anxiety, lots of love to everyone x x x x

Tony52
25-01-13, 21:02
Paul
good luck and best wishes on the first day of the new meds.
I know how it feels when you are starting on a new one after finishing on a previous one you hoped would work.
I have been on the '3rd time lucky' situation which took about 9 months before I started on it after 2 meds didn't work out. That's life I guess and I eventually beat it on that occasion a few years ago.
Sam
sorry you are feeling c**p and I do hope you will feel better soon.You have a very positive attitude.
Nic
you have a very positive attitude as well and hope you get on with the increse of Ven. Sounds like you did the right thing by letting it float over you.
Well done and good luck to all of us who are realy trying with a positive manner to beat this anxiety/depression stuff that brings us down. :yesyes:

pinkdove
25-01-13, 21:54
sam sounds like you have an understanding gp, what is pregablin? hope it works for you, i know what you mean aout functioning, but not really being there, horrible feeling, but you are strong, wit a good attitude, you will get there, one day at a time tke care xx

nicola, well done, you are doing really well, and hopefully this dose will d the trick for you xx

tony such an inspiration for all of those still struggling, enjoy the rest of your holiday, so pleased you are enjoying it xx

pip snow here again, so happy times and clean paws for the doggies. weekend again :D

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

got an appointment with gp on monday to reduce meds, and follow up on smoking, a bit nervous about it, but if it's not the right time i will go back up again, but i feel its time to try xx

Annip
26-01-13, 15:14
Good luck Pink for your apt on Monday xx
Tony..you sound so upbeat now..wonderful. So glad you are feeling better and so strong. You write such supportive posts xx
Sam..hope the preg works for you. I,ve not heard of this one before xx
Clio.. I hope you're feeling better today. I'll try and read your blog but I'm not very good on the computer and not sure where to find it ! doh xx
All other ven pals :yesyes: Annip

Pipkin
26-01-13, 17:29
Pink - there's no harm in trying a reduction. To be honest, I think you'll be fine - 75mg was fine for me but just didn't take me quite as far as I thought it could. I've been very lucky with my SEs though, hardly having any. Good luck for Monday!

Lovely walk today and Freddie is now exhausted. I've done a couple of hours' study and my head's now full - a real day off beckons tomorrow.

Take care

Pip xxx

Sober2000june
26-01-13, 19:30
Hi all,

Many thanks for the encouragemnt on the new meds. Been not bad. Today, took my eldest and 7 of his classmates paintballing for his 12th bday. had periods of being in the moment which was good. just after dinner lights a bit bright feeling and going thro the sh!t should i have stayed put or just tried to go it med free.

Anyway nearly bed time so heres hoping ill settle down again. take care pe:hugs:eps

nicola1980
26-01-13, 19:34
Hi all, Tony you sound fab am so pleased for you :yahoo: Pink good luck on the decrease, you can get 37.5mg in slow release as thats what i take along with the 150mg, Sam hope your feeling a bit better :hugs: Paul hows it going on the new meds? Pip and everyone else sending :hugs: ive had a better day today, went out for a walk and just chilled this afternoon, have felt quite shaky which iim assuming is prob the increase but no panic/anxiety yet!!! xxxxxx

Tufty
26-01-13, 20:51
Lots of positive post guys :hugs:, it's great to hear everybody has hope after all we've been through.

I've had another rubbish day, high anxiety and depressed too. It'll be 6 weeks tomorrow on the new meds and I have decided to phone the Dr on Monday as he offered to do a prescription then if I wasn't better, so I will start the Pregabalin on Monday night. It's quite a new drug, originally licensed as an anti seizure med for epileptics but is now used for anxiety and nerve pain too. It has mixed reviews as they all do but on the positive side it is sedating, does not cause an increase in anxiety (or very rarely) and works quickly. I've spoken to a friend tonight who was on it for nerve pain but stopped after a month as she was feeling drunk all the time on it, I was a bit worried she was going to be all doom and gloom about it but she was positive about it, said give it a whirl but it wasn't for her. She had no problems coming off it either.

We've not had any snow here, just rain and it's raining again now, the white fur on the dogs tummy is stained pink with the red mud around here, she looks like she's had a dye job, unfortunately the walls, furniture and floors are all sprayed with pink splatters too from her shaking off - I try to towel her down every time we come in but I've now got aload of towels stained with red mud. Oh the joys of being a dog owner, I wouldn't be without her though she brightens up my most miserable moments, even getting soaked, muddy and cold walking her make me feel al little better.

Love and hugs to all
Sam

clio51
26-01-13, 21:39
hi guys

snows gone rains back!!

well I feel slightly better mood wise but anxiety always lurking! had to take 1 zopiclone last night as I havnt slept for 2 night's hardly about 5 hours most each night, so felt slightly better today, might take another tonight don't know yet.

Sam them pregalbum cost 96 pound for 30 no wonder they don't hardly give them out!!!!

some good post today, so there's hope for us all God I want solo badly to kick this it's been 16 months for me it's gone so quick so maybe this is the year for me

xxx

Tony52
27-01-13, 17:08
Hi All,
looks like I'm the first poster of the day and it's nearly 6 p.m here in Tunisia.
Hope we are all getting on O.K.
Gotta tell yer that I have had a great day today.Only thing that spoilt it was Andy Murray not winning the Oz tennis title. Was watching it on and off while sitting outside in the sun in my shorts and t-shirt. I have got all the old enthusiasm back for sport,music,and all my other hobbies.
Since stopping Ven and starting on Mertazapine,I didn't have a lager for about 9 days and then I had a couple of cans of Carlsberg at home with the family before dinner.I felt fine the following day and no bad feelings at all. My GP said it was O.K. to drink in moderation and preferably socially.
What she meant was, not to drink on your own if it is just because you know it will make you feel feel better at the time.
We all know that overdoing it will make us feel worse the following morning.
What I'm getting at, is that I now realy am starting to enjoy socialising and drinking the pint or two of lager,but know that going over the top will make me feel bad possibly.
I have been here a week today and things are realy going well and I have certainly left my troubles back home in U.K. but the thought of facing them when I get home does not worry me.
That is how I used to be and I know that I am at this moment feeling my old,normal self .
I can quite confidently say that now. What has worked for me will not work for everyone.There is a solution somewhere for all of us and I know from experience that it can be a real,hard,painful struggle,or hopefully an easy and painless road to recovery.
I personally have suffered both,but this has been the most painless in 15 years of having anxiety/depression at differant times.

It gives me hope that if this dark shadow overcomes me again in the future, I will get better.
At my lowest,thoughts would run through my head that the periods of the illness were getting shorter between feeling better for a time and the onset again of the anxiety and becomes harder to treat. These thoughts just don't bother me now as I know I will definately get better,hopefully in a painless way.
We will all get through this and I do sincerely hope you all have a similar recovery to me. I realy have to stop and think sometimes 'Is this realy happening to me,this recovery process',and of course to my relief ,it is.

Good luck to everyone on the road to normality. :yahoo:

clio51
27-01-13, 19:47
hi Tony

excellent post, I must say you might have anxiety etc but nothing hold you back from your hols does it? how do you manage it with anxiety in a foreign country. you have had more hols than I've had hot dinners lol

how you just had about turn from changing from ven to mert?? because if it is that's an excellent thing to happen for you.

take care xx

nicola1980
27-01-13, 19:55
Hi all, well i increased on wed and had a good day today, went out for dinner with hubby and jack and ate loads and had no anxiety or panic :yahoo: had a nap when i got back and felt a bit wobbly when i woke up but im hoping and praying this dose is going to hit the last bit of anxiety/panic on the head.....fingers crossed!! xxxxxxx

clio51
27-01-13, 20:15
well done you Nicola, no panic wow!!

xx

Tufty
27-01-13, 20:17
It's me, Sam :doh: I changed my name because I was worried about being identified.
Great post Tony, it's easy to think we'll never get better when we're despairing but we all will and posts like yours are just what I need at the moment.
I stopped the Escitalopram on Friday, I know I said I was going to carry on for another week but - womans prerogative - I felt rubbish and didn't feel I could do another week on it, if I felt unwell after 6 weeks I couldn't see me improving my 7. But since stopping I've felt worse :weep:, I didn't think it was possible but it is, I've now got more intense panic feelings, electric shock sensations through my head and neck, constant nausea and feel horrible. So I've booked an appointment with my GP for tomorrow at 5, luckily I do it online and I'm going to try the Pregabalin, anything to take away these horrible sensations.
This is really putting all my strength and resolve to the test, I'm working tomorrow, well I'm really on holiday but am going in as I'd taken some time off the past few weeks, it doesn't matter where I am or what I do when I feel this bad I just do.
Great news from you too Nicola - you've finally hit the home run I think :yesyes:
Love to all
Sam

nicola1980
27-01-13, 21:23
Good luck at the docs sam let us know how you get on, i dont blame you for stopping, when i tried imipramine oh my life i couldnt bear the side effects it made me a panicky anxious mess to the point i couldnt function x x x

Sober2000june
27-01-13, 22:25
Good to hear youre moving fwd agin nicola. Luv the the tuffty clib sam - reminds me of primary school learning to cross roads. Musnt forget darth vader teaching us as well.

pinkdove
27-01-13, 22:49
aw sam what a shame you are suffering so much, you do so well to work with these horrible feelings,but i also think you are right to stop, but pobably getting a bit withdrawal, really hope the preg works for you, good luck tomorrow xx

tony love your positive posts, i am now feeling so much better, thanks to ven so we are all different. but whatever works for us all is the thing we are all lookig for,

paul how you doing ?

nicola glad you have had a good day xx

seeing gp in the morning, hoping to start reduction, as i feel so much better now, and as you say pip if its not right i can increase again......nothing ventured eh !!!

pinkdove
28-01-13, 15:14
hi guys, seengp this mornig, she was fantastic,i now have 75mg effexor caps and 37.5 ven tabs slow release,i will start this lower dose tomorrow :ohmy: nicola do you take both your tabs inthe morning ?

she aldo said it was a delicate time reducing the meds and stopping smoking, so gave me some more patches so that can continue to cut down over the next six weeks.

she wants to see me in about 3 weeks to see how the decrease is going, and i will stay on that dose for a couple of months, before coming down to 75mg.

i do feel ready to reduce now, so fingers crossed

mymum bless her wanted to but me 5htp today from the health strore, but as it increased the serotonin levels, i think i'll wait till i am on a much lower dose before trying it.

quiet on here today, how are you all???

nicola1980
28-01-13, 15:39
Good luck pink, yep i take the 37.5mg slow release in the morning along with my 150mg efexor caps x x

Sober2000june
28-01-13, 17:12
good luck with the recuction pink:hugs:

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

hows you today nicola?

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

Thats me on 5th day - well i take my 5th capsule tonight. I will be going upto 20mg on Thur night. consultant may be expensive, but at least i can email her secretary any time with questions and she gets back to me with update. Still thinking should i have given it a few weeks med free to see how it goes, but TBH I really want what Tony is having at moment i.e. enjoying life and not enduring it. Ive done the latter since 1993, so i i guess i owe it to myself to give this med a fair trial.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Pink, have you joined a support group to quit the smoking? remember smoking is a very powerful addiction, like alcohol and sugar is to me. finding others who have walked the walk will be able to support you thro this transition:hugs:.

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

Sam,(Tufty):), how did you get on at docs?

Tony52
28-01-13, 18:49
Hi All
can't beleive I have just written the longest post I have done on here,and it has just gone.
Took about an hour on laptop while doing it and can't even cut,copy or find it anywhere.Think I must have been logged out.Never mind ,but frustrating and annoying ,but I am in my usual relaxed frame of mind,at the moment and am looking forward to another beer and dinner at my hotel.
Best wishes to you all. :bighug1:

Pipkin
28-01-13, 18:58
Hi all,

Hope you're ok all. Things are fine here just a bit muddy after a trudge across a field with an excitable hound. I'm going to put my feet up for an hour before getting down to a bit of work for tomorrow.

Pink - good luck with the decrease. You can take both the tabs together if you want as they're both slow release. It won't make any difference. Definitely don't take any 5-HTP at the minute because, as you said, it increases seratonin levels and can cause seratonin syndrome. Apparently it can help when coming off the meds altogether though and I had my eye on it for the time when I stop. Let us know how you get on.

Take care

Pip xxx

Tufty
28-01-13, 20:21
Evening all,
Well I've had the best day for 10 days, bloomin amazing, worked until 2, walked the dog in the howling wind and rain and done a supermarket shop, I've got a few tingling feelings still but the electric shock has gone and the nausea is settling, still more anxious than normal but so much better than the past few days.
I've took my first Pregabalin about 30 minutes ago so am prepared to feel sleepy in the next hour or so. I've done the lunches for tomorrow and warned the family that I may not be getting up with them in the morning, we'll see.
Going to watch Miranda and then up to bed
Love Sam

clio51
28-01-13, 20:40
Sam

unbelievable isn't it, but that's brill.
can't see it being no meds as you have only been off them 3 days, does it take longer than that to come out of your system?

anyway what dose are you starting on, do you have to take them at night then?

good luck chick xxx keep us informed how your doing

TJSMITH
28-01-13, 21:54
Hi all
I have not forgotten you all, still check on you all daily.
Pink good luck with the decrease.

I'm doing great for now its part of reason why I not posted as scared to tempt fate if you get me?? Anxiety still there at times but easily brushed aside.

I am busy at work, getting observed thurs now that I am dreading, pray the kids help me by listening lol ....

Love to all xxx

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Nic pleased you had a good day :)

clio51
29-01-13, 16:34
hi all

just come back from psychiatrist, kept me waiting 1.15mins was ready for walking but next appointment was March and really needed to see her.

my main things to tell her were about sleep problem, agitation and aches/tense in legs.

so plan is she said stay on 150mg ven and she as added another med in for agitation/tension promazine at low dose 25mg at night for 2weeks then after that 3 Time
s a day for 2/4weeks then when been on that if all is still ok up the ven to 225mg.

I am crapping myself as she knows how sensitive I am with meds and how frightened I am of taking them. but she said I have two options stay as I am or do this and see if it works and get better. basically trial and error game unfortunately.also said tell my support worker if any problem with them and she will see me again

so dropped letter of at doctor's for new prescription, so will be about Friday before I start them.

so there was me last week doing 112.5mg thinking problems were because to high and it's they other way and something else.
another waiting game time will tell.

take care all xxx

ammiemum
29-01-13, 17:29
sorry i haven't been on here but had a weird time lately.
i am glad that most of you are doing so well - i really would say to anyone to try them , we are all different!
I was told this doesn't normally happen-
When i have pills i don't read the blurb that comes with them as told when this whole 'thing' started it would only upset me as it had taken me weeks to be persuaded to try meds..so being an obedient person, i just haven't bothered ...When i was last really depressed and had to see psych. same again, except if i thought i had any probs see him and he would decide if it was from ven. Ok with me so far?
A seemingly permanent headache.. heart rate fast/ palps etc, had that investigated waiting for rest of results now... since then not really that good, i have been able to motivate myself to do necessary stuff. slipped back into usual 'everyone's clown' mode when needed -[auto backup] when i want not to be asked questions, along with 'automum' [who really creeps my grown daughter out!] Since then mood has got worse,I not had any more than 3 hrs sleep at any one time . i.e. sleep 1hour, wake, do stuff ,sleep 2 hours, wake,give up.Quite a lot of nights, no sleep at all. i thought that was enough but since then, i seem to be crying all the time, can't read, forget everything, tremors,rashes-itches, hair fell out- including body hair, legs ankles swell up and i have put on 2 stone in weight in as many months! very clumsy falling over bumping things seem to have bruises on bruises..... sort of spots on face - first thought they were coldsores , then treated for impetigo... also skin everywhere soooo dry i am leaving dust.. the ends of all my fingers are sore and splitting and look sort of scaly... hey i am used to having dry skin/hair but this is ridiculous.I look like a hag! [My daughter investigated these things] and am now told they are [hopefully,] all possible side- effects of ven! bbbbl#### hecckk ...
you know the weird dreams that stay with you ....?
now have just started, today to reduce, , taking ven straight from 150 a day to 75 hoping ok.. will probably stay on this until i am able to se physch. in about a week or so, i have tried but really had enough,
sorry it is so long
[I]dont laugh or i shall only go and cry again- i am worn out!!

pinkdove
29-01-13, 18:15
ammi you are really going through the mill, i so sorry you are having such a terrible time, the lack of sleep alone is enough, but all the other symptoms, have you told your gp/pschc about them ? good luck with the decrease, let us know how you get on sending you :hugs:

clio cant believe she kept you waiting that long, that just adds too the anxiety, good luck with the new meds, relly hope it helps you sleep hun x

paul i am not attending a support group, just cut down with the help of the patches gone from about 20ish a day to 11-12, thats all i feel comfortable wit just now, hows you ?

tracey :yesyes: you so deserve to fel better, long may it continue for you xx

sam you too, looks like some of us are turning a corner, not before time, keep going hun, you can do it xx#

first day of decrease today and i have been fine, fingers crossed, will keep you all posted xx

pip how are you ?

gav how are you with the decrease ?

nicola hows the increase going ?

to everyone else :hugs: all round xxx

nicola1980
29-01-13, 18:53
Hi guys, well 6 days into the increase and the side effects have kicked in :mad: thought id got away with it as was feeling ok but nope had heightened anxiety all day and been so tired and shaky :ohmy: am not liking it at all but ill keep going!! xxxxxx

clio51
29-01-13, 18:54
thanks pink, I was soo wound up and anxious ended up with headache. you are doing well with cigs, good luck with decrease x

Ammi I know what having no sleep is like horrendous, that's why you are down,crying etc.
did the psych/doc tell you to decrease??

just read yours Nicola, oh dear you started off well, have you got any d' s take them to help you xx

nicola1980
29-01-13, 18:59
Hi Clio, yep i have some diazepam and have used it today, hope you get on ok with your new med xx

Sober2000june
29-01-13, 19:14
Hi all

Tufty
29-01-13, 20:11
Evening all
Had an OK day :yahoo:, so much better than of late, it feels fantastic to not feel so bloomin anxious. I've been busy all day and even baked a cake for the kids for when they came home from school. I didn't sleep as well as I expected on the new meds, they're supposed to be sedating but I haven't felt anything yet. Still a low level of anxiety but nothing I can't manage.
Lots of hugs to Nicola, Brenda and Ammi - keep going, you will find the right combination and dose of meds. It is horrible when you have the blips but they will go as quickly as they come and you will bounce back like I have.
Love and hugs to all
Sam

ammiemum
30-01-13, 00:33
thanks for your thoughts .. i tried to speak my cmht support person-- on holiday, [although another one did speak to me on the phone a few times , but was unable to do much]..
phsych- booked up till well into next week
, gp next week,
in the end i spoke to pharmacist at surgery who is good and went in to see the gp for me and got the prescription sorted for me straight away .so the first one i will see is gp next monday! what a performance i just felt ###'''##:weep::wacko:when noone was able to help...
I remembered cbt and kept trying! So maybe one thing went right?
having now found out about side effects i am not as scared as i was the thoughts were not good and that black place was getting so much bigger. if i just have some sleep each night it will help.. i will let you know how things go. thank you for your little boosts as i've said b4 they are a big help :)

rockbottok
30-01-13, 12:06
Hi guys

Been so busy with puppies here so I apologise for not being on much recently. I've just not had enough time for anything. I do check up on u all everyday tho.

All ok with me and I wish u all well xxx

pinkdove
30-01-13, 17:31
ammi glad you got something sorted out, really hope you feel better soon x

lou what a nice way to be busy, all those cute puppies, glad you are doing ok hun xx

day 2 and still no problems, been keeping busy too, recorded the winds of war off sky hours of episodes, and when i have some spare time, im hooked.

hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Tony52
30-01-13, 17:52
Hi All and hope we are feeling well.
I didn't feel good in my belly ,but in my head I am feeling fine. Had brecky yesterday and was fine till late afternoon when I started to feel not so good. Couldn't face food at all and went to bed at about 7p.m.
Was halucinating and waking up during night but after getting up at about 7.15 a.m. and walking along the beach started feeling better.
Very light breakfast for me and sat out in the sun for a while and very slowly feeling better.Realy looking forward to dinner tonight and having a beer or 3 before I go in the dining room.
My mental state is still feeling good and not worrying about things after phone calls back home.I have my own ideas about why my recovery is so quick after finishing on Ven and starting on Mert 4 days later, that I will explain in another post.
I lost all that info when I tried to send it the other night. P*ss*d off about that ,but can always get those thoughts together and send it again.
Sorry I have not mentioned names of posters,but I know what each of you are going though in all your differant ways.
We will all get there in the end. :hugs:

Pipkin
30-01-13, 18:11
Evening all,

Still here just ridiculously busy with work and studying. Thoroughly enjoying it though so I'm not complaining but it's quite hard to get a minute's peace during the week. I make sure I have a good rest on Saturdays - apart from taking the hound to school that is.

Pink - you're sounding well. I'm sure you'll be fine with the decrease though I'm not sure I could contemplate stopping smoking at the same time. You're doing great!

Nic - is the increase still going ok? Is the plan to get up to 225mg? I'll be really interested in how you get on.

A big hello to everyone else - I wish I had more time to reply! I do read your posts and if you need me to reply specifically, please ask and I will.

Take care

Pip

lost87
31-01-13, 03:44
Hell all, im just wondering does any1 on this thread suffer from anxiety in social situations..and if so has effexor helped you with this and in what ways? Im currently on my 8th week at 225mg, 12 weeks in total starting off at 75mg. Its helped my depression a good deal, but yet i find no relief from my anxiety when im out and about around people.

Does it usually take longer to work on anxiety, and is 8 weeks on 225mg still early days??.

Please get back in touch, thanks..stu :) x

pinkdove
31-01-13, 13:04
hi stu yes i found it great for my anxiety, you are 8 weeks into 225mg, you should start to feel relief soon, with every increase it can increase anxiety slightly, so hopefully you will settle soon.

but if you are still concerned speak to your gp, you have gone up in dose very quick, from 75mg to 225 mg in just 4 weeks, so i would imagine it will take a bit to settle, so in total 12 weeks on the effexor, i think tou have done realy well to increase that fast.

good luck and dont continue to suffer, keep in touch and let us know how you are doing xx

3rd day of decrease.....no problems at all, pip i am just cutting down the fags, cant think of quitting just yet, but getting ready to by cutting back xx

clio51
31-01-13, 14:04
Hi stu

Each of us are individual so have different symptoms that bother us.

Like you my anxiety is still high regardless of the ven, I'm on 150mg been on that 10 weeks.
I feel tense mostly all the time and sometimes can feel it building up tense legs,teeth hands.
My mood is slightly better could do with bit more motivation maybe anxiety holding me back.

Told psychiatrist Tuesday and she as added in another med for agigtation, so hopefully when I get started on this I might be happy and relaxed lol

nicola1980
31-01-13, 15:57
Hi guys well 9 days into the increase and im struggling :-( have got awful heightened anxiety since tues, is this normal? Please help do i carry on or decrease back? X x

lost87
31-01-13, 16:01
thanks for getting back to me guys :)

It seems i have went up doses very quick compared to the rest of you guys reading your posts. I think it might of been because for a period i was having strong suicidle urges, feeling very hopeless etc and was very agitated and maybe that was my pdocs initial response to increase the dose quickly, i dont know.

My problem with anxiety is that when i try to socialize with any1 even close friends and family i just feel very tense, like my facial expression just freezes and find it hard to smile naturally and just laugh and carry conversation and it makes me constantly monitor these feelings which in turn make me feel more anxious. I also see that people get uncomfortable around me due to my uneasiness which again makes me more anxious and depressed.

Im only 25 and live alone and for so long now ive just isolated myself away from social situations and going out and enjoying my life because i cant. Ive also found it hard to hold down a job because of the stress of this and at the minute am currently out of work.

Does anyone else sure the same sort of symtoms as myself? i know everyones different, i just wish i could get better and return to living my life, it gets me down alot.

clio51
31-01-13, 16:51
Nicola, don't say that I'm about to go up to 225mg in a few week.

No doubt you have been using your d' s, what about if you ring your psych Secretary to pass a message on at what you can do?

Mind you if she is anything like mine I have been waiting since yesterday for an answer back
she told me to stop the slow release proprananol, I have been on them a week now and I thought you couldn't just stop meds like that????? Still got no answer yet so do I take one tonight or not I am sick of being told just take this do that it's doing nothing for my anxiety.

Update rang doctor's who rang me back and the gp said ok to just stop it. So anxiety coming back down now lol.

rockbottok
31-01-13, 19:03
Hey guys. Clio propranolol is in a sense a bit like diazepam u can just take it when u need it etc so yes u can just stop it. (Like ur dr has called back to tell u)

Stu, yea I was like u with anxiety but it has tremendously eased now. Im 27 so I know how u feel, I have suffered since I was 22.

Nic.....come on u know the answer to ur question lol but like me it's nice to hear someone say it to u. Yes heightened anxiety is a symptom of ur increase and I would think that once u settle on ur dose u will b fine again. ;) 9 days is still early days hun xxx

Lou xxx

nicola1980
31-01-13, 19:08
Thanks Lou :hugs: its been unbearable today tho, can't work it out as i was fine on the increase until 6 days in :huh:
Clio i just stopped propranolol once and was fine. when are you increasing? xx

clio51
31-01-13, 19:22
Thanks Lou, hope your ok?

Nicola. In about 4/6 weeks when the promazine kicks in, that's if I'm ok on it.
Hate change!! Freaks me out.

Sober2000june
31-01-13, 19:28
This might interest you pink

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20875453

pinkdove
31-01-13, 20:33
thanks paul, very interesting, always thought i would be more anxious without fags, so you smoke ? how are you doing ?

clio i have stopped propanolol,but was on a high dose for a while, and had to reduce slowly, but i was fine.

lou nice to hear from you, how are you getting on hun?

Sober2000june
31-01-13, 20:43
Strangley enough I dont smoke. Both my parents smoked like chimneys when i was growing up. My mum used to smoke 50 a day in her 20's but lost her father to lung cancer when he was 59 so she quit immediately. My father has tried numerous times( thro nagging from my mum) reminds me when in my teens he used to often go for smokey showers:blush:. everyone in my family smoked. I think due to me having alergies it detered me

Pipkin
31-01-13, 21:21
Thanks Lou :hugs: its been unbearable today tho, can't work it out as i was fine on the increase until 6 days in :huh:
Clio i just stopped propranolol once and was fine. when are you increasing? xx

Nic,

Yep, it's just the increase and you have to ride it out, I'm afraid. The ven peaks in your plasma levels at between 4 & 6 days so that's why you're feeling it now. It should get easier in a couple of days. Good luck!

Pip :hugs:

Sober2000june
31-01-13, 21:26
Toiling a wee bit tonight after dinner. Was at circuit training today and i recon strenuous exercise seems to make me suffer now. Ironically it was one of the few pleasures I had throughout depression. It seems as if I can’t do that now. Had an awful headache tonight followed by the head flinching thingy not sure if its ven withdrawal? Anyway upped my clomipramine dose tonight to 20mg. The anafril thread is a bit of a ghost town so hope you guys don’t mind me hanging out here:blush:

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

had some cocodamol for the headache

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

However the fact that there was alcoholism in my family never deterred me from drinking and ultimately alcoholically.

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

but he, a day at a time it will be 13 yrs in june

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Tony, are you still riding high?

Pipkin
31-01-13, 21:29
Hang out with us Paul - we're always like the kitchen at a party where all the cool people are :winks:

P

Sober2000june
31-01-13, 21:35
lol

pinkdove
31-01-13, 22:29
pip im in the kitchen....wheres my glass of dry white ?

Pipkin
31-01-13, 23:43
pip im in the kitchen....wheres my glass of dry white ?

I hope cava's all right because that's all I've got in...

I'm definitely cracking open a bottle tomorrow!

P :D

spawn
31-01-13, 23:56
Hi guys, I'm still here! Really busy still, I'm doing great at the moment!
Still getting night sweats, headaches and dreams, but I'm putting that down to the meds, hopefully with the next reduction they will get less. My ears are still ringing, which is so annoying but I do think it may be getting quieter in time?
I think somedays now I'm about 95% I'm really feeling good, even happier maybe than before I got ill, this shows that indeed I was depressed!
I'm still taking everyday as it comes and not getting ahead of myself to much!
I'm hoping I can reduce down to 75mg's sometime soon, but il have to see what my doctor says in a couple of weeks?
Hope everyone is well, Gav.x

Tony52
01-02-13, 07:53
Hi everone and hope we all have a fine day,
Paul
Yes I am still riding high and no blips or anxiety and depressive feelings.
I am 100% myself now. I have missed a couple of doses of mert since I started on Jan 10th and no effects at all.
I think I had too much serotonin in my system and somehow I was feeling much worse at times instead of getting better.
It was when pink mentioned 5htp which I have taken and Vit B in the past and always felt worse after taking them.
I would also do quite a bit of exercise and also feel worse for it at times.Never feeling better for it.Couldn't work it out.
Will mention it to my GP but she probably won't know much about that,but I have an appt.with a psych on Feb 7th and have a pageful of notes to tell him already.
After I rang the NHS crisis helpline only a few weeks ago now ,I was in such a bad way that I managed to get something sorted with seeing a psych.You have to be in a realy dire state in my area before you get to see one.Haven't ever seen one in 15 years of this illness on and off.
The sun is gonna be shining here all day and up to 23C so I'm making the most of it before getting back to the real world on sunday night.
Best wishes to you all. :yesyes:

pinkdove
01-02-13, 11:49
pip cava's fine :D nearly the weekend for you,i think you have been too busy lately ,and hoping you are getting some down time, the 150mg seems to suit you well, but i know when you are not so great you still keep posting help for everyone else, so please if you are ok, remember not too work too hard :hugs:

gav how longhave you been on 112.5 now ? this is day 4 for me,and im fine, like you hoping to get to 75mg.my gp has given me 28 days at this dose, and if i still feel like this i will be tempted to do 75mg. if anything i have a very slight headache, which goes, so figers crossed, and so glad you are feeling better.

paul yea my son hates smoking, probably because i have always smoked, both my parents used to smoke and me and my 3 brothers all smoked, i'm just happy to be getting it down a bit at he moment. hope you are well xx

clio and ammi how are you girls today ?

nicola you know this will pass hun, the only thing i would say to you is give it time, but for me the lowest dose i get relief from is the dose for me, and looking back i think that was 112.5mg, but as you know i have been on 150mg for some time now, but i dont think it was much better for me personally than 112.5. just a thought. hope you get a better day today xx

tracey, sam, hope you are still doing well, you too lou.

tony great post as always, enjoy the rest of our holiday xx

lost how things ?
slowfish long time no hear, are you ok ?

nicola1980
01-02-13, 15:10
Hi everyone, well the anxiety is no where near as bad as yesterday thank goodness......oh my life yesterday i was rocking :ohmy: spoke to my cpn today who reassured me like you guys have that its a side effect and will pass in time, just been to watch my little niece at her swimming lesson which cheered me up bless her :D hope everyone is ok :hugs: xxxxx

Sober2000june
01-02-13, 18:20
Good youre feeling better Nicola. Im already wondering if i should have stuck at 10 mg. My shrink said i can use diaz but dont want to yet. I thought going upto 20mg wouldve sedated me but nope even harder to get to sleep. Really miss that time in the evening when i could go phew!!!! made it. keep telling myself its early days. Going to a meeting tonight hopefully thatll buy a bit of time. At least once im asleep i can sleep:).

Sorry for moan, but i so want to get better:weep:.

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

oh and my right leg is going like the clappers:wacko:.

nicola1980
01-02-13, 18:26
Paul your doing brilliant :hugs: use your diaz id you need to tho don't struggle on, i hate the restless legs :mad: xx

clio51
01-02-13, 18:46
Awh that's good news Nicola, let's hope the increase side effects have done now.

Seems everyone is mostly doing well, well done guys

I'm sleeping better but with the help still of zopiclone. Eating better this last week which I'm glad about. Anxiety is still high at times feels like am full of adrenalin.

Got new med today, god what a performance tried 4 chemist nobody had them was told st last chemist the tablets are very hard to get hold off manufacturers shortage. You can get liquid, so I had to go get prescription changed to liquid.
So anyway got it now promazine, 5ml spoon tonight. It's used for agitation so hope to be sleeping tonight without zopiclone.

Take care all xxx

nicola1980
01-02-13, 18:48
Good luck on the new med Clio :hugs: xx

mandymoo
01-02-13, 21:47
hi im new here, i been off sick from work since september, started on citalopram 2011 but it stopped working for me. Then i was put on sertraline in sept, changed to fluoxetine now on venlaxafine slow release 75mg, doubling next week. This is my 3rd day on it and feel pretty crap, fuzzy head, shaky, cant concentrate, nauseous sometimes, tired. And apparently my eyes look pretty big. Don't know if its the venlaxafine or coming down off other meds. Just want get better and ready for the outside world again.xx

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

oh and the sweating is a nightmare.x

clio51
01-02-13, 22:19
Hi Mandy
welcome to the forum, you will meet some good PEEP on here who will see you through this illness

You are doubling up quickly I was on 75mg for 7weeks before I went to 150mg.

Hope you settle down soon

Xx

pinkdove
01-02-13, 22:37
:welcome: mandy i was the same as you when changing meds, so a bit of both i would say, but it will pass hun, just take one day at a time, and if you read through some of the earlier posts you will see a lot of us have gone through the sam as you.

i know it feels like this will never end at the moment, but it will, i promise you that, and we are all here to help and support you through it, so keep posting, plenty of hlp for you here. take care :hugs:

mandymoo
01-02-13, 23:58
thankyou for your replies, i will keep posting. Currently very tired, even tho i didn't get out bed till 10.30, had a lie down in afternoon and back to bed early too, but just lying here thinking and trying to sleep. I feel so lazy.xx

pinkdove
02-02-13, 10:43
mornig guys, mandy you will sleep better hun when the meds kick in, hope you got some sleep lasy night xx

day 5 of decrease, finding it a bit harder to drop of at night, a wee bit shaky this morning, but so far so good.

going out to lunch today with family, so looking forward to that.

hope you are all coping ok this weekend xxx

mandymoo
02-02-13, 11:06
once i got to sleep i slept well, but finding it hard to wake up now, with a heavy head like a hangover. One of my main problems is ruminating, when asked wot i think about over and over it can b anything from the days at school (i am now 47) to things a few years ago to recent. I get paranoid and look into things to deeply, sometimes things that aren't even there. I am glad i have found this group and that i know im not alone and we can share our experiences. Thankyou for welcoming me.xxxx

clio51
02-02-13, 11:18
Hi guys

First night of the promazine last night, got of to sleep ok.

Woke in night with very dry mouth (sandpaper) and headache but was half sleep but remember thinking oh my head!
This morning woke up with a corker!! Headache feel like I've been on wine all night, paracetamol here I come. Gee hope this is a one off.

Pink you have a great attitude, wish I was a bit more like that.

Update. Have felt bad all day don't know if its a cold ? Body aching, headache, eyes really dry and feel like slits lol, dry mouth drank loads no difference.
So got all the thoughts back and trying to switch off from them but it's bloody hard when you have symptoms cause there real. Agh!!!! I know I am going to get some effect having another med but it's still frightening trying to be bigger than it and switch off think it's winning at this mo(little get)

Xxx

Nicola how are you today? Everyone else ok

lost87
03-02-13, 00:17
hey guys hope every1s having a nice weekend :)

I just want to ask you all about side effects. Im 9 weeks 2moro on 225mg ,13 weeks in total and im still sweating like mad at nights in bed, still unable to get off to sleep until about 5am, slight griding of my teeth and am peeing alot as well, especially at nights.

I said to my doc about all these problems and he said they arnt side effects there symtoms of your anxiety, so im just confused as to why none of this has gottin any better after 13 weeks.

Im still pretty much housebound as well, afraid to get out and mingle, feeling quite anxious and depressed..i really hope that things get better.

I think i just need a bit of reasurrance :(

Sober2000june
03-02-13, 18:10
Hows everyone today?

Ive been ouy a walk in the hills with my friend, his boy and my 3 boys so everyone is rosy cheeked.

pinkdove
03-02-13, 19:39
day 6 of decrease, slept better las night, no side effects at all, so pleased with that.

had a pyjama day today :D had earache this morning, and felt a cold coming on, so just chilled all day, watching telly, feel a bit more human now.

so i dont know if its early days, maybe you can advise me pip, but this decrease is much easier than i expected, better not speak to soon.

quiet today, how are you all ????

paul a nice long walk will do you good, you sound quite positive too xx

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

lost sorry i meant to ay, i had the sweats, and found it hard to sleep when i started ven, im ure it will pass when the meds settle, try not to worry to much, is hard to know whether its the meds or the anxiety, but i can assure you it does get better, take care xxx

nicola1980
03-02-13, 19:44
Hi all, ive had a much better 2 days, am now 12 days into the increase and hopefully side effects have wore off now...fingers crossed!!
Lost i used to suffer the night sweats really badly but its calmed down alot now...you watch it'll happen tonight now ive said that!!
Clio hows it going on the new med?
Paul how you getting on with the cloimpramine?
Pink theres nothing better than a PJ day :D glad your getting on ok with the decrease,
Everyone else big :hugs: to you all xxxxxx

mandymoo
03-02-13, 21:04
LOST, I am suffering with the sweats really bad too, so bad I have to go stand outside in the cold to cool down sometimes. Got an ECG tomorrow cos paloitations I get, not looking forward. Hope everyone doing ok.xx PJs days are the best, had lots of those lately :blush: xx

clio51
04-02-13, 16:44
Nicola, glad thing's seem better days for you, it's soooo good when we have better days rather than bloody side effects or feel s....

Pink well done with the decrease, I'm so jealous.

Tony hope you got back ok from Tunisia, and well.

Well it's my 3rd night last night on the add in med to go with ven.
And have had the biggest headaches around my forehead I've every had, waking in middle of night(that's when I am asleep) and last night after I took it medicine at 10.30 my mouth felt really funny like tingly weird and got headache pain in forehead within 30mins. This morning woke 6.40 with a mother of a headache luckily had 2 paracetamol there, didnt really get back to sleep head hurt too much. Also today my top back teeth/jaw feels like a really tight/band around them can't explain it really it's horrible, also doesn't seem like my food taste right, So all in all don't think this med is for me but will try and give it another couple of days,don't think I could take much more.

My worker said give it till Friday when I see him aghhh.

Hope everyone else is ok

Pipkin
04-02-13, 18:14
Hi all,

I'm still around and checking your posts. Had a nice relaxing weekend (made sure I took some time out Pink!) and did a bit of shopping, and plenty of eating with a few drinks. I've got a really busy week at work this week but I'm off next week so I'm looking forward to it. I can't decide whether to have a quiet week at home or if we should go away for a few days. I fancied the Peak District which I've never visited. Any advice?

Increases, decreases and new meds - if only people knew what we put ourselves through just to try and get some semblance of normality in our lives. I'm staying on 150mg for a few months and, if I'm still feeling ok, I'm going to drop back to 75mg as I don't see the point in taking a higher dose than I need to. Pink - you're my guinea pig!

Take care and big hugs :hugs:

Pip xxx

pinkdove
04-02-13, 22:58
day 7....still no probs.

pip great you are having some time off, never been to the peak district, bu it sounds nice and relaxing, might be ice to get a change of scenery, i dont mind being the guinea pig lol...things are good just now, and cant believe i've had no side efects fingers crossed xx

clio aw poor you, you are really going through the mill, hope the meds settle in the ext couple of days, and dont be jealous, your time will come hun, im sure off it, never thought i would feel this good, so it happens just takes time, take care and good luck with the new meds xx

nicola great news, the increase must be settling now, good luck with it xx

hope evryone else is ok......oh and managed to get dressed today :blush:

a4000
05-02-13, 00:00
Hi Guys,

I've been on Venlafaxine 75 mg for over 3 months now. I'll be starting 150 mg in the next few days. So far, it seems to be going well :) I had a horrible time with Sertraline (very poor sleep etc.) but now I'm sleeping much better. The doctors are also pleased with my progress so far on the medication. I'm still getting the occasional bouts of depression and anxiety, so hopefully I'll see further benefit with 150 mg.

Hope everyone here sees an improvement too!

TJSMITH
05-02-13, 12:24
Hi all

Hope you all doing ok??
I was doing fine until thurs and no I feel scared,dread and sadness again? I keep thinking I'm over it then bam it happens again and I'm so tired of it if honest.
I have tried everything to help myself ie new job, life style changes but I still slip back.

It's all thoughts and I know that buy once takes hold I never know how long will last and then get scared I will eventually go mad plus when I'm going through this I think what if its not a blip etc....

Sound familiar ??? Sorry for the moan at this present time so upset.
I check on you all daily but stupidly don't always post when I feel ok as scared to tempt fate I guess.

Xx

nicola1980
05-02-13, 12:29
Tracy sending you :hugs: these blips are awful and scary but they will pass, im 2 weeks into my increase now and woke up this morning slightly anxious but that might be due to the fact i was fuming last night as jacks run up a £128 phone bill :mad: i was so angry i needed a diazepam to calm me down lol!!! just remember the thoughts can't harm you hun, lots of love xxxxxx

rockbottok
05-02-13, 17:14
Hello everyone

Sorry I've not been on recently. Just so busy. Also feeling really well.

Nic I'm glad ur feeling better, u just needed reassuring like we all Do during a blip. It will be you telling me the same no doubt in the future ;) (such the optimistic I know)

Pink well done on decrease.

Cleo I really hope u start to feel better. I think now the worst of the weather has been we will all start to perk up. I hate the winter. I'm sure all us that suffer from depression get a bit of the sad (seasonal affect disorder) cos I know I do. I'm much more happier in the summer.

Lou x

pinkdove
05-02-13, 17:17
tracey, i dont know if you still see your gp, but it might be an idea to have a chat with him/her, i think it is the thought process and fear you have that's feeding these fellings, but not easy to shake off i know.
a lot of people find cbt helpfull, it was'nt for me, but maybe you need some talk therapy. but you do so well to hold down your job, and if you ever need an ear pm me. take care :hugs:

nicola that phone bill would have made me so anxious too, you know what kids are like, i,m sure he will be more carefull in the future....bless him :D

day 8 still plodding along, if i feel anything at all, i am able to just ignore it and get on with things so the ven has def done its job xx

a4000 nice to hear the ven are working for you, good luck with the increase xx

hows everyone else today ???

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

lou crossed posts, you go girl nice to hear you're doing well hun xx

TJSMITH
05-02-13, 17:26
Hi all
Thanks for the support as always :)
Pink he will only suggest an increase and really not sure about that. Its like i have two voices in my head one saying it will pass its only thoughts, i will be fone blah blah and the other fearing loss of control and going mad etc...
It seems the more i try to think postive the negative gets worse, im a right fruit cake lol....The thing is i love life, my job, family etc... and usually positive but i find this so hard. I also paid privately for cbt and thats the positive voice in my head lol...
Im so pleased for you Pink regarding the decrease thats fantastic and so well deserved to get to that point.

Lou nice to hear you doing well :)

Nic you sound better and i would be angry with that phone bill, you not alone as my 12 yr old ran his up to £80 couple months back on downloads grrrrr

Sober2000june
05-02-13, 20:22
Day 6 or should of 20mg clomipramine and things really starting to hurt now. Just feel like throwing in the towel. TBH probably felt better on 10mg, but not sure. i defo need to keep a more acurate journal again as it is so hard to remeber how i feel. Just soooooo tired of hgaving to climb this mountain every day.heres me thingking this TCA's would slow my head down, it just a tsunami of turd at the mo'. had a 3 mile jog today and was ok at time but i really feel excercise just wrecks my head now.

hopefully tommorrows another day etc....

I have the valium there, but just scared it make me even lower.

sorry folks for the poor me but i just struggling to see a way fwd at mo'

take care my friends.

pinkdove
05-02-13, 22:26
paul you wont throw the towel in, your to strong, maybe you should use the odd diazapam to help you through, i know you had problems getting off them, but maybe the odd one would help.

i cant believe you are paying a private shrink and still suffering, cant you ring him/her up for advice ? you were doing so well, im sorry you are having a rough time, im not surprised you are pissed off, but you know you will get there, you are stronger than you think, and you have so much to get better for. good luck paul :hugs:

tracey you will get there, what is making you scared of an increase ? if its going to do the trick, why not give it a try ? your biggest problem eems to be the thoughts, i know what thats like, but when we have them we are not thinking rationally, just a thought tracey, you will know best hun, but dont suffer if your gp thinks an increase will help you :hugs:

Sober2000june
05-02-13, 22:31
thanks pink:hugs:

pinkdove
05-02-13, 22:33
no probs paul just take it easy, we're all here for you :hugs:

TJSMITH
05-02-13, 23:01
As always thanks pink :) as you say my issue is always thoughts and I think that's why I'm unsure about the increase as all the physical issues stopped months ago.
I have so much to be happy about its very frustrating.

Always helps to chat on here, thanks again Hun xx

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Ps do you still get the thoughts? If so do they ever really get to you ??

rockbottok
06-02-13, 11:18
Damn it.......1 o'clock this morning I remembered I hadn't taken my meds yesterday morning. Ahhhhhh has anyone ever forgot a dose? I took it at 1 last night but gonna wait till this eve to take today's as I only took my late dose 10 hours ago so thought I'd better space it better and resume back to normal Tomo morning. Really worried ill have a blip now.

Lou x

nicola1980
06-02-13, 11:40
I wouldn't panic Lou im sure you'll be fine and i wouldve thought if it was going to affect you it would have done yesterday, ven has a short half life but you'll have enough in your sstem so i really shouldn't worry, just do what you said and get back on track tomo :D xxxx

pinkdove
06-02-13, 11:57
tracey i still think about things, probably daily if im being honest, but i can put it to the back of my mind now, because logically i know its not going to hurt me or cause any problems, but i think im right in saying that the thoughts are the last to go, which is no wonder being through what we have been through, it will get less, and you will worry about it less as time goes on xx

lou you must be feelin better if you forgot your meds, im sure you will be fine doing what you said, i am on day 9 of decrease and have had no probs at all :D

rockbottok
06-02-13, 12:39
Yes Tracey pink is right the thoughts are last to go but the first to come back in my situation. Urgh I feel rubbish today, not anxiety or depression wise but no motivation, lathargic, tired and generally no energy. Bit trembly too. I'm working myself up cos I forgot them. It's all in my head I know as taking it late isn't going to through me completely off the wagon but u know us lot......we think to much lol. But because I'm worrying about it I feel the thoughts creeping back in. Stupid really I know. I've set 2 reminders on my phone now to go off everyday to remind me to take them. Lol.

Pink....ur right tho I was feeling great so generally just forgot to take them. When I'm not well its the first thing I think about in the morning :)

Nic.....how u feeling now? Xx

nicola1980
06-02-13, 12:52
Im still struggling a bit to be honest Lou, i was great at the weekend and thought id cracked it :mad: ive been stressing about money recently tho, Jacks dads stopped paying me maintenance and has purposely gone self employed so he doesn't have to pay so moneys really tight and we're down £300 a month now because of it which is alot :mad: xxxx

JezKnowsBest
06-02-13, 12:56
Sorry to have been away so long, everyone. Been a bit of a nightmare here, OH has been having to stay away in the week so he can get to work as his bike's in the garage :(

I switched the the modified release 75mg and for the first week it was great, no more withdrawals before a dose was due but now I'm back to how I was on the normal ones, a couple of hours before a dose is due I'm getting the electric shocks and it's like they're hitting restart on my whole body, like I'm momentarily losing consciousness and have to find my bearings again! I spoke to doc about coming off ven today and he said to speak to the mental health team about it-I have an assessment next Tuesday, I've already been assessed by a consultant psychiatrist and had 4 meetings with her where we agreed on a plan (I feel so much better when I have a plan) and now I've moved just 15 miles away and the new team here, despite having all my notes, want to assess me again, this time with a psychiatric nurse :/ I don't feel good about it tbh and I was nearly in tears when I left the doctors this morning as I'm back to feeling that everything's up in the air again and I don't know what's going to happen. Fingers crossed they'll refer me to the same therapy the consultant recommended but I'm not too hopeful tbh.

Hope you're all as well as can be x

Tony52
06-02-13, 13:08
Hi All,
not much internet access at the moment but just a word to say I'm back from a great time in Tunisia and met lots of nice people there.
Got my batteries recharged and feeling good.
Gonna see GP tomorrow and first ever appt. with a psych on Friday.
Hope we are all keeping well,as I haven't read the last couple of pages of this thread yet.

Will read them soon and best wishes for a speedy recovery for us all.
:yesyes:

mandymoo
06-02-13, 19:35
Hello all, doubled my dose venlafaxine yesterday from 75 to 150mg. Wasnt to badyesterday but couldnt sleep then today feeling tired and reetless like I dont know wot to do with myself, and like some have said on here, the thoughts, ruminating over and over. Hope everyone is doing ok.xxx

Sober2000june
06-02-13, 20:06
slightly better today:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

reminds me better take my meds:blush:

TJSMITH
06-02-13, 20:10
Thanks pink, lou and nic.
Felt bit better today so hoping its passing. Lou I forgot twice now and had no impact at all on those occasions although i panicked the first time.

Nic that's a lot of money to be down on, hope things get sorted, sorry you not having a good day it's so up and down this anxiety lark.

Tony great that you had a good holiday, I used to love them but scared after the last two of the ruminating spoiling it.

Mandy on my bad days it all thoughts that get to me, even wondered if its more OCD than anxiety grrrr

Well going to read while anxiety ok xxx

Pipkin
06-02-13, 22:40
Hi everyone,

Feeling deathly today with stomach ache, back pain and shocking racing heart. I think I must be coming down with something. I've also got pain down one side of my head and I hope I'm not going to start getting migraines again. Ever the optimist, I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow. I've had a really long day at work and I nearly fell asleep at my desk this afternoon. Early night for me...

Lou - I'm sure you'll be fine with your missed dose. You've done exactly what I'd do if I missed one - just work your way back round to the ordinary time and you shouldn't really notice. I take mine 3 or 4 hours later at the weekend and I don't notice anything.

Pink - you're doing well with your decrease - if you we're going to see any effects, you'd have seen them by now. Good news and it bodes well for your next decrease to 75mg.

Hi to everyone else and keep at it

Take care

Pip xx

ammiemum
06-02-13, 23:13
sorry i haven't been on .. basically still waiting . i have seen gp who said he could do nothing !!?!! up to phsyc. not able to see him yet sooo... having to suffer in silence or crying whatever i know it sounds pathetic but was really, really low after i decided noone would ever be able to do anything for me b#######s. i decided myself to cut these down as there is no dif in mood for weelks + all the other crap and feeling sh## aswell. can't get to see anyone so ..................bbb or ffff still sleep deprived!
sorry i feel very mis

ammiemum
07-02-13, 07:20
sorry my last post is a bit mixed up i was feeling sorry for myself. the general fact that i feel ven has 'got lost' with me somehow.. there are no recent events that would have been a specific cause to this but have to go quite slowly to be clearer.ok? my hair loss seems to have slowed down the last few days but still marked, i had to have restyle to make it 1/2 decent. i am forgetting most things.i feel old tired and that the vet would be able to help me than dr. i now feel guilty because i feel as i do. there is no more i can think of to say, when i see phsyc., i will tell thank you for asking

pinkdove
07-02-13, 11:11
pip you sound as if something is working on you, i had this a few weeks back and the pain in the side of my head was nerve pain, and it was really bad, was told by my gp to take painkillers and diazapam to help, it went within a few days.
you have been working so hard this past couple of weeks, im glad you have next week off, you need the rest have you thought anymore about the peak district ? whatever you do, i hope you relax and feel better soon. take care :hugs:

ammi what a shame you feel so down hun, but there is someting that can be done, so dont give up, we have all felt like you do at some point, and we have all got over it, probably a blip, try not to overthink things, hard i know, but it will pass, good luck with your pysc.

still ok here, no problem with the decrease, dot feel any different at all to be honest, so if all goes well, my plan is o drop to 75mg at the end of feb.

gav. paul, tracey, sam,and all the gang how are you all doing ????

Sober2000june
07-02-13, 11:18
Morning Pink,

Good going on reduction. Not as bad as i was Tuesday, but not as good as yesterday. Yesterday seemed to flow better not stuck inside me so much. Today quite foggy tired but not too insane:)
To everyone else keep on keepin' on:hugs:

Pipkin
07-02-13, 18:37
Thanks Pink - feeling much better today as predicted. I was so tired yesterday I could hardly keep my eyes open but a good night's sleep has sorted me out.

Roll on next week where we've decided to do some day trips instead of going away. Whatever I do, it will be very little!

Pip xx

clio51
08-02-13, 20:29
Hi all

Well I've had a mother off a week

As I said the psych wanted to add in a psychotic in with my ven because I am still very tense/agitated.
Well since last Fri have gone through bad week with side effects from it
Really bad headache (now slightly better)
Teeth/jaw ache
metal taste
blocked nose feeling

Spoke to mental health worker today and he said like I don't know it's side effects, don't think I got over to him how bad I felt, and got the feeling he was getting annoyed with me!!!
So I said I will give it till Monday and if still the same coming off them, but since he went this morning I've changed my mind and going to stop it. The SE were really getting me down.
So I phoned Gp to asks was it ok to just stop it he said just take half spoonful tonight he said to definitely stop them.

My worker said he will have a word with psych on Tuesday they work in the same building, which she said if I had any probe to tell him and he would pass the message on and she will prescribe something else. I feel she should see me but having got another appointment till 30 April!!

I am not happy about this method as I feel I don't have my input and feel like oh try this tablet for x amount of time. I am very sensitive to meds and also frighten of taking them. More so now after this week I've had.

Does anybody else seeing psych get appointments 3 month apart I can understand the meds have to start working but I feel 3 months is a long time bloody NHS.

Sorry about the moan guys but feel I need some advice.

Hope your doing a lot better than me
take care all xxx

Tufty
09-02-13, 09:50
:hugs:Brenda, I agree 3 months is a long time between appointments, especially when you're starting out on the medication, it's different when you're stable on them. I don't see a psych for this very reason, luckily my GP is happy to prescribe most things and is very experienced. I would phone the Drs secretary, tell them that you have stopped the new medication and need to be seen urgently and keep phoning, unfortunately being a pest is one way of getting seen sooner although it does go against the anxious persons nature.

Hope you're feeling OK Pip :) Hope you have a good week off.
Well done with the decrease Pink - the slower the better I think, hope you continue to feel Ok
Sorry to hear you're feeling awful Ammie, I've had hairloss and don't know if its the meds or the anxiety but it contributes to you feeling low.
:hugs: to Paul, Tracey, Lou, Gav and everyone else

I've been on Pregabalin for 2 weeks now and it's been the easiest medication to start up. I've felt a little dopey and drunk but it's only lasted a few minutes each time and they've worn off now. I have experienced some bursts of energy which is one of the documented side effects and I've done things like clean all the windows, sort through wardrobes, clean the skirting boards etc, things that I haven't felt like doing for a long time but I'm trying to pace myself. I am eating more as I was advised to take them with food, so I have to eat breakfast and regularly during the day as I have 50mg tablets and am taking 200mg a day in split doses = eating all the time!
Mood wise, I am generally alot calmer, less anxious, worrying and thinking less about how I feel, which is always a good sign. I wouldn't say I'm happy and out of the woods yet but I'm certainly better that I have been but it is very early days and I'm still on a low dose. I've been here before and thought I was over the worst and the meds were great and BOOM, back to the drawing board, but I am cautiously optomistic. At work this week I felt normal, it was busy and potentially stressful but I felt OK, it was so good to feel calm and confident and back to me.
Love and hugs
Sam

Sober2000june
09-02-13, 11:29
Good post sam, lot of positives:)

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

Still at 20mg of clomipramine for me - shouldve gone upto 30 on thur night but havent. I have 25mg tabs as well so i can go up 5 mg. not sure weather to stick oy 20 longer or up to 25. kinda want to go up in a ways cus 20 just not cutting it depression wise. getting the sweats and dry skin on elbows - had that with citalopram at start. trying to tell myself ive only been on this med for 16 days but head just saying med no5 FAIL. toying with taking nothing as well. think cus i dont have a set appt for my shrink and none for gp i kinda feel im floating alone. wok been so so. lost that feeling of wanting to book hols and stuff i used to get at night heres hoping "normality" does come back.

All the best folks,

Paul:hugs:

Annip
09-02-13, 13:26
Hi all
hows things going? I seem to be having a blip at the moment infact getting a bit scared that the ven may be loosing its efficiency. Having moments of feeling low, crying, then ok. Having occasional flashes of the severe low, 2 yesterday but more today, where nothing matters. Sudden moments of panic and then a hot flush which is how I was before the ven, shock like shiver sensations up my arms, pins and needles in my hands. My mind is working over drive...I don't want to go back to being like this. I have been reading articles that people have written that say ven can stop working. Has anyone else experienced this. Sorry to moan on but everyone is so supportive on here.
Clio sorry to hear you're noit too good at the mo I hope its a blip
Annip xx

clio51
09-02-13, 20:34
Hi all

Pink, your. Doing so well how long is it since the beginning when you felt bad?
Paul it's the eating time, it's the worse because we want to be feel well again. You know all the answers because as you say fifth time, God your brave I've only been on 2 and that's bad enough and frightening.
Ammiemum how are you doing lately?
Nicola. You ok hun, you feeling any better?
Sam, as usual positive post, make sure you have some u time don't over do it it's so easy to do.
Annie. soo sorry you have had a turn round you were doing so well hun, try not to think to much as it's easy to do when we feel bad it's that bloody chatterbox doing overtime.
Gav well done getting there, you sound like your doing really well. Don't get sucked up in your work and get plenty of you time I know your only very young but life is not all work.

Anybody else ive missed hope your well

I feel better than I have done all week, still got few symptoms but not as intense ,just dreading next week if psych suggest some new meds aghhh.

mandymoo
09-02-13, 20:54
since been on 150mg i can hardly sleep, my body feels tired, my head fuzzy but my eyes e wide awake.xx

nicola1980
10-02-13, 12:04
Hi guys, im really struggling here :weep: 2 and half weeks into my increase and since friday my anxiety has rocketed :ohmy: i was feeling better before that, i just don't understand it?? last weekend i was flying high and this weekend im paralysed with fear, any ideas??? xxxxx

pinkdove
10-02-13, 12:25
hi guys, clio my illness started in july 2010. and after several ad's i started ven last feb o a year now, i was feelin better when i started ven but not where i wanted to be, so ts been a while, i was 3-4 months ito ven and on 150mg when i felt that meds had done everything they could for me, a you know i am now cutting down.
i know its a long haul for some of us, and i never thought i would feel normal again, but i do, and you will too, glad you feel better and good luck with your pysc, remember its ultimately your decision, so if your happy with you meds, talk it over with him/her xx

annip, really hope you start to feel better soon, such a rollercoaster this, as to the ven stopped working, i felt like that on several occasions, and personally i think thats why people increase it really does take time to settle, so give it a bit more, these blips really do make us feel like we're going backwards, when in fact its just the nature of the illness. good luck hun. let us know how you are doing xx

sam great post as usuall, and nice to see you are getting there, and still working, such an inspiration to those still struggling xx

nicola, dont know hun, if i was in your posiion iw ould think back to how i felt on 150mg, and try to gauge whether you have been better, worse, or just the same on the increase, it takes time for an increase to settle as you know can be 4 weeke or so, maybe its just your body adjusting to the increase, hope you feel better soon xx

gav what dose you taking now ? hows the decrease going ?

lou, anni, paul, and everyone else how you doing ?

mandy i had sleep problems when i frst started ven, then a bit again when i decreased, but when the dose settled i slept lie a baby xx

pip, are you unwinding ? i hope so, have a great week off xx

well nearly 2 weeks into decrease and all well here, will make an appointment soon to talk things over with my gp, but im pleased with the way things are going up to now .....fingers crossed xxx

karenp
10-02-13, 16:57
Hi, hope every one is ok all in all, so sorry to hear you are having a bad time again too Nicola, not brill myself at the on Cipralex after it working great for 3 months. Gav are you decreasing because you feel miles better? hugs every one xxx

spawn
10-02-13, 19:25
Hi guys!
Pink im on 112.5mg, and Karen i wanted to decrease because yes ive been feeling alot better and also ive been finding the side effects of the Ven to much when i was on 150mg.

Well ive had a very busy week, and worked long hours. I went in yesterday aswell, im feeling it today though! Feeling right rough, i know its because my stress levels have been up and ive over done it! I wanted a lie in this morning but woke up at the crack of dawn, feeling really spaced out?

Ive only got myself to blame i know, but its so hard running your own business! going to try and chill out and get an early night.
Im off to doctors on thursday for my review, ive had a really good month apart from last couple of days.

Hope everyone is ok and not over doing it like me!!..lol

clio51
10-02-13, 19:33
Hi all

Pink
my illness this time round started Sept 10, and was on cipralex then. But have only changed to ven since about Sept 11. I can't believe sometimes how long it as been.
My main problem at the moment is sleep and feeling anxious holding myself tense most of the time,don't know I'm doing it till I realize and then I try to relax. Sure my sleep as been worst since starting ven, but my worker said he as never heard of anyone having sleep probe on it. But everyone is individual and it does say on SE insomnia. I havnt got that depressed feeling any more just these symptoms. Was yours more depressed or were you anxious as well?

Nicola. Do you keep a diary? On how you feel each day. Do you think you feel more anxious than depressed as I do? Are you only taking ven at the moment. Read about Jack's phone calls he must be ringing mobiles. My Nick as done this to me as well it's a right shock isn't it. I to have been there with his dad about maintenance you wonder why they don't want to pay and help there child. You know your psych is she NHS as you see her every 6weeks don't you mine always says come back 3months I think this is to long. Also you know your com how long have you been seeing her? As I think mine is getting pref off with me because I'm not getting there yet and it's been from being assessed nearly 16 mths.

Well last night no zopiclone, and still awake at 4am tossing and turning, my legs started aching prob because no sleep and becoming tense. So I got about 3 hours lip, felt horrible this morning aching legs all day don't know how I've kept going but must be to anxious to sleep. God I Don't know what to do for best as I don't want to become addicted to zopiclone as I can't sleep without them now.
Most of the horrible symptoms of the promazine have calmed down a little but my fillings in my teeth are very sensitive.

Best wishes to all xxx

TJSMITH
10-02-13, 20:41
Hi all
Nic sorry you not great i think this illness just can not be explained as I just don't get it either and never know when I will be stuck with my demons again as I call them lol...

Pink you are doing well and you are proof we can get there.

I doing well again after my last blip, we have booked Florida for oct half term and the week after so that won't go down well with my kids schools or the one I work in so that worries me a bit but my contract only states end of July so not sure where I stand on that one?

Can't wait for warm weather :) it helps x

nicola1980
10-02-13, 20:47
Hi clio Im defiantly more anxious than depressed, i have been seeing my cpn a year now and she is brilliant really supportive and helpful and has got me emergency shrink appointments if i needed, I'vecalmed down alot since this morning but i was literally climbing the walls earlier with panic :-( x x

Annip
11-02-13, 09:45
Hi all
Nic..sorry to hear your're not doing too well. The anxiety you are having is probably medically induced cos haven't you just increased your meds? I know its horrible but stay strong. I had the overwhelming anxiety last year after trying to taper and then going back to the original dose and I'm sure it was the ven..not me doing it. It got better and diazepam helped.
Pink..you sound really well..thats brill. Thank you for your supportive words.
Clio..don't worry about the zopiclone, if you need it at the moment then I would take it. I know its not that easy cos I get worried taking these drugs.
I am desperate at the mo not to have to increase my ven. I just don't understand why I'm having this blip. Nothing has happened in my life to cause it. Yesterday i had a big panic attack and today I'm hanging on..breathing, marching up and down, trying to think of other things. Don't know what to do for the best. Can't eat again and heaving.
Sorry to go on. lots and lots of :hugs:to everyone
Anni xx

nicola1980
11-02-13, 09:55
Anni sending you hugs hun this anxiety lark is awful, yes i increased nearly 3 weeks ago now and Im struggling :-( stay strong and hopefully it will pass soon x x

Annip
11-02-13, 10:15
Hi everyone,
Have just typed a message, posted it and it has disappeared!! sending lots of :hugs:to everyone.
Nicola..maybe your anxiety is chemical rather than natural as you,ve recently icreased your dose. I'm sure this is what happened to me last year on the ven. I was in a constant state of anxiety. With the help of diazepam and sfter a couple of weeks or so, when the dose kicked in and my body got used to it, I felt better.
Pink..thank you for your supportive words. I can't understand why I,ve suddenley started to feel anxious. I've felt fine for so long. Glad you are doing well.
Clio.. hope you are doing ok.
Anni xx

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

Think I'm having a moment!!! message was there after all !! oh dear
Anni:ohmy:

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Hi, hope every one is ok all in all, so sorry to hear you are having a bad time again too Nicola, not brill myself at the on Cipralex after it working great for 3 months. Gav are you decreasing because you feel miles better? hugs every one xxx
Hi Karen
sorry to hear you're not feeling so good again. I can't understand why these tablets work so well and then don't. I have been taking my ven quite happily for a good year now and all of a sudden on sat I felt horrible again and now am feeling very anxious and yesterday had a big panic attack. I'm hoping its a blip but am scared its stopped working.
:bighug1:to you and feel better soon anni xx

karenp
11-02-13, 11:51
Thank you Annie xxx
Nicola how are you today? I wish I;d booked an appointment now as I still feel so bad but I'm afraid as I have taken about 6 more Lorazepam over the past 8 days than I should because my sleep has been so poor and paniky, which is probs one of the things making me this anxious worrying over what my GP will say. Hope you are feeling a lot better today. The same goes for every one xxx

nicola1980
11-02-13, 12:10
Hi Karen, im still not good today although i did pick up last night but woke shaking and teeth chattering this morning, don't worry about the lorazepam hun, im sure your gp will understand, what dose have you got? xx

karenp
11-02-13, 14:34
Aw sorry you're still suffering Nicola, it's been ages hey...almost a year for me too now ):
I take 2 Lorazepams every morning but have been so good some days I've only needed one, so I am mad at myself for not going back to my GP and telling them as soon as I started to feel anxious again instead of taking an extra pill but I honeslty thought once Wills tooth was sorted I would calm right down again and only need one so they would even out and I'd not need any till my next appointment. But I've made myself worry over the Lorazepam now and whether the Cipralex has pooped out on me like Mirt did.
I hope you are soon feeling so much better, increases aren't so basd on Cipralex if I do have to go up and though you do feel anxious for a few days and get flushing, it's nowhere near as bad as when I tried Venlafaxine or the times I upped Citalopram.

Annip
11-02-13, 15:10
Hi Karen again
Can I ask what makes you think the cipralex may have pooped out and what happened when you were on mirt and ven. Do you take it for anxiety or is it depression aswell?
Thanks Karen
:flowers: Anni

spawn
11-02-13, 23:00
Well been feeling pretty crappy today, flat and down!
That warm happy feeling has gone :( I guess it's my body telling me I did over do it last week, I've even took 5mg of diazepam 2nite just to chill me out!

I know it won't last long but I hate having these dips :(

How's everyone else doing?
Gav.

Annip
12-02-13, 09:24
Hi Gav
Sorry you're having a blip. So am I at the mo. Can't understand why. When I start to feel down and flat it sends me into panic mode and off I go analysing every thought, mood etc. I worry that my ven has stopped working properly. I know if I could just stop worrying, feel less anxious then I will start to feel better. Hey ho. It will pass Gav...stay strong. Hope you feel well again soon...We will defo
Anni:)

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 ----------

Hi Karen, im still not good today although i did pick up last night but woke shaking and teeth chattering this morning, don't worry about the lorazepam hun, im sure your gp will understand, what dose have you got? xx
Hi Nicola
How are you today? Sending you miles of:D. today is going to be a good one. I managed a reasonable day yesterday. Thanks for your support. Having messages on here really helps.
Every one else..hope you are doing well :yesyes:
Anni xxxx

spawn
12-02-13, 10:57
Hey Anni, yep im exactly the same!
I think im getting ill again, and over analyse everything!

Im really down today :( i just dont get it??
I just feel fussy headed, and that i cant do anything?

Gav.

Pipkin
12-02-13, 11:15
Hi all,

On hols this week so just taking it easy for a couple of days before I get down to some coursework.

Anni, Nic and Gav - I know what it's like to be feeling like you're going backwards but what makes it worse is thinking you're going to end up back where you started. I know this is really hard to do when you're feeling terrible but the best thing to do is to try and ignore it and carry on as before. I've been lucky that when I've done that, it has passed.

It's easy to get stuck in a vicious circle because you feel awful and you start to worry about it which makes you feel worse. Sorry I'm not being particularly helpful but I just thought I'd share what works for me.

It's very unlikely that the meds will just stop working suddenly. I think it's just that when you doubt if they're working, you lose the element of the placebo effect which is really important.

Look after yourselves and I hope you're soon feeling better.

Pip xxx

karenp
12-02-13, 11:17
Hope you both feel better soon (Gav and Annie) It's horrible feeling so ill then thinking you are finally better only to end up not so good suddnely hey! It is probs just a change in your dose of ven though Gav (:
I'm so much better today after speaking to my lovely doctor last night who told me not to worry over having taken an extra Lorazepam last week when my little boy was cryign with toothache every single day (and night) until a week later someone actually pulle dit for him. I built myself up into a total anxous mess worrying but have finally come down today, though I'm not quite 100% yet....my doctor gave me higher strength Cipralex incase I do end up needing it so I don't think the 10mg's have pooped out on me after all even though it's still not working quite perfectly yet as I woudn't need lorazepam at all if it was. I know wen I wa son Citalopram for 3 years and never had anxiety at all, I did get it one time when my neighbour accused me of chopping down her tree which was in some plantation between both our houses, I'd looked after for 10 years as they never touched it, the tree had died, so I chopped it out and she came bouncing round ot my house shouting the odds and that night even though my GAd was totally under control I had a massive panic attack so i don't think the medicines ever totally cure you, they just help control the symptoms.
Annie, I was always on Citalopram in the past for panic and anxiety but the start up is horrendous, so last year when I left my Husband I went on Mirtazapine but like Nociola's experience of it, it made me really ill, so I asked to see a pshiciatrist at the hospital who put me on Venlafaxine but I just couldn't cope with it, it made my sick and just as wired as Citalopram so I finished up on Cipralex 12 weeks ago or so and it's been brilliant, very few side effects and fast acting but I still struggle with early mornings when I feel flat and anxious so that's why i take Lorazepam. A week ago I was at the stage where I didn't even need the Lorazepam any longer though and then Wills got his toothache and my anxiety just rocketed. I don't really get depression but Mirtazapine caused me to be suicidal at times, I felt so terrible on it and the withdrawal was horrendous but is long forgotten now (:
Hope every one is ok today....I hate having my anxiety but depression is equelly as terrible. Nic, hope you are starting to settle after your increase, if not it won't be long darl hopefully xxx
hugs every one (:

spawn
12-02-13, 12:17
Thanks peeps :)
I know i shouldnt think the worse, but its hard not to!..
One thing i have notice is when i do have a blip i usually come out of it feeling better than before! Ive got to see my doctor on thursday so i will speak to her about it.

Another thing to consider is that its completely normal to have a off few days or feel down in life, so it may not even be linked to anxiety/depression or meds etc

Before i got ill ive always been quite up and down? i think its in my nature, i was on AD's 13 years ago at the age of 23. Also all my parents and sisters have all been on AD's at sometime in their lifes, my sister is on her 10th year on Prozac!

I just need to not let it take over my life again!!

Annip
12-02-13, 14:44
Hi Pip, Karen and Gav.
Good sensible posts that have calmed me down straight away. Thank you thank you. I felt I was just working up into a panic and I have come on here and feel much better. I'm so glad you feel better today Karen. Gav..it must just be a blip. Something just sets it off and thats when the crazy thoughts start. My worry at the moment..crazy I know...is that for the past 2 years at this time of year I have been ill and i am Fretting that its going to happen again and when I had a low feeling on Friday thats when I thought here we go again and I can't get it out of my head. At the moment my mood is all over the place.
Clio..hope you are ok and Pink
Nicola is today a better day for you?
:D :hugs: :scared15: xx to everyone

nicola1980
12-02-13, 20:16
Hi all, well i felt loads better this morning so off i went shopping with my mum and sister, we were out trawling the shops for over 4 hours and i had a great time apart from i got home and the bloody panic hit me, think id probably overdone it slightly plus i hadn't eaten all day but god did i feel bad, full on panic, i rode it out and eventually i calmed down but think i need to pace myself from now on but it was lovely feeling 'normal' for a few hours!!! big :hugs: and lots of love to everyone xxxxxx

Sober2000june
12-02-13, 21:23
Nicola glad you've calmed down, I know if i went all day without food id feel sh!t. I always eat breakfast even tho i dont feel like it. i always have a good protien and complex car i.e tin of tuna or mackerel and branflakes with seeds. helps keep the ol' blood sugar level:hugs:

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

complex carb, dont fany eating a mondeo:blush:

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

fancy:blush:

pinkdove
12-02-13, 22:21
a wee bit flat today, with nerve pain in my head again, so been having a lazy day, my son came round to see me and that helped, took my mind off things. i dont think it is the reduction, just an off day, we all have them, hoping for a better day tomorrow.

:hugs: to all of you struggling.

will post later when i feel a bit more human xx

ammiemum
13-02-13, 00:47
hi all i hope you are all continuing to improve and the ones who are panic-ing :hugs:its horrible and weird how it can still jump up and get you .... my only way is to breath slowly as i find i almost forget how to breath [!] if it goes too far.... ah well i saw th psychiatrist today and he agreed that i need to change meds as i am getting far too many probs with ven i still think about the wrong solution to my problems ...:weep::wacko: and it is relentless , sorry i am moaning yet again . i have to have some more bloods done before i can go on them , but i have forgotten the name of meds . i do know that he said they are very likely to help with relaxation/sleep wow i hope so. i am really not sure if it is the meds or lack of sleep but i cant cope with feeling as i do just now so i'm a bit of a failure inthe ven story thanksm for your thoughts and good advice . clio how are you doing? you let your support know that its not only you who is sleep deprived i would not have believed it makes you feel so horrible ... bye for now

Pipkin
13-02-13, 00:59
Pink - what does the nerve pain in your head feel like? I've had strange pain and sensitivities in my head for a few years and put it down to grinding my teeth. I get this feeling where my scalp is really sensitive and the feeling seems to go to my ears and throat.

Pip xxx

tee123
13-02-13, 03:52
Hi there, I have good thoughts about ven. Been on so many ADs over the years and started on ven 18 months ago. I had anxiety, depression and several breakdowns, causing me to be unable to work and sometimes even leave the house. Ven really has saved my life, nothing before has worked on me. The dose has been adjusted so I am on 75mg morn and 37.5mg night. 2 x 75mg sent me hyper and I dug up and burnt my garden, to the horror of my psychiatrist.
I have to be honest and say that I do get bad sweats with this drug, but that is a common side effect.
Sometimes I have sleeping difficulties, but that is a lot better than the way I was before.
I feel so much better though than I have in years. I start a new job at the beginning of March. There is no way I would have been able to even think about a job before.
Stick with it and you will find you feel much better, it just takes time. For there is light at the end of the tunnel and this time last year I would never have believed I would even think that.
Good luck. T xxx

Annip
13-02-13, 09:18
Hi all
sorry to hear Pink that you feel a bit flat. I'm sure it will pass. I too am feeling odd..all over the place really..up and down and I can't get it out of my head grrrhhh
Nicola..well done for getting out today..you did well..hang on to that
ammiemum..hi to you..I'm Anni and have been on Ven for 2 years with a big slip last year due to tapering. Have you been on lots of different meds? I'm 50 + too yay !
Gav how are you feeling today?
Hi tee123 very pleased for you and glad the ven is working. It is a good drug.
keep your strentgh everyone
xxxxAnni

karenp
13-02-13, 10:03
Really glad you managed to get out shopping Nicola even if you did feel horrible when you got home but you did it!!!!
Anni thank you so much for all your messages, I'm really calming down again now thanks xxxx
Love to every one else (:

Annip
13-02-13, 10:24
Hi Karen
So glad you're feeling calmer now. I think once someone /something can take the anxiety away we start to feel better and therefore feel stronger. This morning I felt very anxious trying hard not to think about my anxiety (making me worse) so I looked it in the face, accepted it, tried to rationalise it and oddly I feel better.
Hope you have a good day
keep:) xxxAnni

spawn
13-02-13, 10:30
Hey!

Anni im much the same as yesterday down/low, i went to bed early last night and i still feel drained, and have no motivation?
Cant believe how much ive turned around from being happy and hyper from last month?

Had bad dreams and sweats last night aswell! and my ears are ringing alot louder than they have been?

Gav.

pinkdove
13-02-13, 10:43
pip the pain is on the left hand side of my head about 4 inches above my ear, a very sharp pain, which fortunately only lasts a few seconds, is excuruciating, and comes and goes all day and night.
i saw my gp about it, he said it was nerve pain, like neuralgia, and told me to take painkillers and diazapam, it did travel last time to my ear and arm, but it is much better today...thank god. how's your week off going ? hope you are enjoying the break xx

t :welcome: what a greatpost xx

gav, im still ok with the decrease, a bit flat over the last couple of days, but hoping that will pass, hope you get your mojo back soon, remember too much work etc.....so remember to rest xx

to everyone else hope you are all managing to keep calm xx

Annip
13-02-13, 10:57
Hi Pink
Glad your head pain is better. Maybe you feel a bit flat cos of your brain getting used to the reduced mg of ven. Once you get used to it you'll soon pick up. Have lots of rest xx
Gav..think you maybe feeling bit like Pink cos of your reduction. It will pass as all things do and you know you'll feel better soon.
I know its horrid having a blip and the stupid thing is I dwell on it and worry...I'm my own worst enemy but I suppose thats the nature of the illness.
Sweats are horrid..I have hot flushes..and they make me feel panicky! ugh
Calm thoughts to everyone
Anni :whistles: xx

pinkdove
13-02-13, 13:48
:hugs:anni thank you xxx

spawn
13-02-13, 13:51
Well ive gone from bad to worse and now feel anxious!!
Im my worse enemy! I dont get why stupid thoughts are spinning around my head?
I need to snap out of it! grrr

nicola1980
13-02-13, 14:19
sending :hugs: to everone as it sounds like we all need them today :hugs: this illness is truly awful and takes everything out of us but remember guys stay strong we CAN and WILL get better xxxxxxxxxxx

spawn
13-02-13, 15:31
Ive had a diazepam, im just leaving work, ive had enough!..lol
Going to pop to bank pay some money in, then go home.
I had to phone my mum for a chat to calm me down, sad i know at 36!..lol

Im trying to stay strong Nic!!..x

Sober2000june
13-02-13, 22:12
I know how you feel gav. I just feel i am going lower and lower - today was awful. I emailed my shrinks secretary yesterday telling how i was, hoping to get a bit of advice back but no! I need to make another appointment. So that'll be another 100 quid for a half hour session to answer my question:weep:.

Just cant be @rsed anymore, 18 months of mount everest every day is just becoming too much, just want the pain to go.

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

im allowed to use diaz if i want but just scared itll make me worse

clio51
13-02-13, 22:32
Paul

It's like a yoyo this illness up and down not knowing how we will feel from one day to another. Bet your peed off forking out every time you want an answer.
I used to be like you ,well probably worse scared stiff of what the meds would make me feel like. I'm still like this with antidepressant, but it's weird now because I have taken the diazepam and know it just settle you down and no SE I don't mind taking it. Paul honestly diazepam won't do anything or give. You any funny horrible sensation really just how can I say just make you feel normal without any anxiety.

Gav you were doing so well, it's horrible when we have a set back are mind starts working over time and the sensation in our body starts. It probably only a few day thing try to ride it through I know it's really hard to do. Your at the doc's Timor she what she as to say, maybe the decrease kicking in?

Anni. Hope your feeling a bit better and the fear as left now.

Pink. How's the day decrease going any better, hope the pain as settled.

Nicola wow 4hours shopping I would of been knocked, but I am a lot older than you lol, hope you have settle back down again.

Sam. How you doing?, Still going well.

Ammie. Have you picked your new med up yet?, what you on now? Good luck with it.

And to anyone I've missed hope your doing ok.

Well I've still got few SE still from the other med I was on , now finished like blocked sinus, metal taste still. Apart from that ok. Xxxxx

spawn
14-02-13, 08:37
Hi everyone, well just got phone call, my doctor is off sick so I can't see her. There's no one else I can see today either, apart from walk in at hospital?. I've just took a diazepam to try calm me. Not sure what to do? Starting to panic, silly I know!

Annip
14-02-13, 08:46
Morning all
Good to hear from you Clio and that you are feeling ok. Hope you are feeling calm.
Hi Paul..I'm sorry you've had it so rough. I felt like you too over taking diazepam...I still do ...but last year, when my anxiety was just about constant all day I had to do something. I took diazepam and it made me feel bit doped up. I took it every day as a matter of course not just when I needed it. I also took 2 zopiclone everynight as I was desperate for sleep. I did this for 8 weeks (while waiting for ven to kick in) I don't work so I was able to take each day very steadily and very gradually the anxiety receded and I felt better inside and more confident. Then after feeling ok for 3/4 weeks I slowly reduced the zop and then the diazepam 1/4 of a tablet every week. Maybe if your doctor oks it..try it..I know it will help.
Gav..mums are always great to talk to..glad you have a lovely supportive mum. Good luck at the docs today. Take whatever you need to feel well again..which you will soon. One day at a time.
Pink..how are you doing today?
I had a better day yesterday..felt more relaxed and contented. Like normal. Yet this morning its back ggrrh but I shan't let it get to me..my mantra for the day
I SHAN'T LET IT GET TO ME
Pip..hope you're having a good holiday
Nicola..hows are you today?
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:for everyone xxxxx

Charlie11
14-02-13, 08:48
Hi spawn. I know it's hard but try to distract yourself go a walk/gym anything that will take your mind off it. The diaziapam will help.:hugs:

Annip
14-02-13, 08:49
Hi everyone, well just got phone call, my doctor is off sick so I can't see her. There's no one else I can see today either, apart from walk in at hospital?. I've just took a diazepam to try calm me. Not sure what to do? Starting to panic, silly I know!
No its not silly...can you see another doctor in the practice. When I was real bad seeing the doctor was my lifeline and support. He could always answer my questions. I always had to build myself up to get there so I well understand why you feel this way. Hold on Gav
Anni xxx
I would go to walk in practice xx

pinkdove
14-02-13, 10:33
paul, i know you have had your problems with diazapam in the past, but you know it will be ok just to use it when you are really bad, you know all about addiction, and you beat it before, you are strong, dont suffer use it if you need too, just in the short term, really hope you feel better soon xx

gav, thats so bad that they cant offer you another gp, i would have thought that the reduction would have given you se before now how long since you reduced ? try and keep busy, but dont overdo it, and rest when you need too, hope you get something sorted out take care xx

clio glad you are feelin a bit better, you deserve to, what meds you taking now ?

annip its a pain when you feel ok at night and wake up crap in the morning, but the mornings are always the worst, still have a wee bit of thoughts in the morning myself, but try to let them pass, hard i know xx

well the newve pain was so bad last nighttook 2 doses painkillers, and a voldka :blush: not too bad this morning.......fingers crossed, someone said what i have is called icepick headaches, certainly feels like that lol xx

spawn
14-02-13, 10:36
Well i went to to the walk in practice, but theres over an hour wait, i cant sit there that long, so went for a walk. Ive just got to work. I dont want to go home because we have builders in today, the lady at walk in said to try later it may be less busy!
Ive got an appointment for my doctor on monday if shes in? I dont really want to speak or see anyone else as she understands me, guess im going to have to ride it out? There couldnt offer another GP as all are fully booked!
Sorry to moan peeps!!

nicola1980
14-02-13, 10:38
Hi Gav, i think your prob suffering a bit of withdrawal now your ven levels have dropped and stabilised at a lower dose?? this should pass tho so take your diazepam and speak to your mum as many times as you need too.........mums can always make it better :D xxxxxx

spawn
14-02-13, 10:43
Thanks nic x

nicola1980
14-02-13, 10:53
just keep telling yourself these feelings won't last forever, they will pass xxx

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

Blimey i think we all need some big :hugs: today :hugs: i really hope we all start to feel better soon, keep posting peeps and we'll help each other along, im so pleased i have all you guys to support me :hugs: im feeling pretty shitty myself today but i know im in withdrawal of the olanzapine i used to take as cut it down at the weekend and boy am i suffering now :ohmy: i was given olanzapine to help with the panic when i first became ill but its not a long term solution as it can come with health risks so have decided to wean off it but i have the shakes, headache, dry mouth and anxiety lurking but i keep telling myself its all normal withdrawal and i was warned this would happen so im determined to ride it out....with the help of the odd diazepam tho!!! xxxxxxx

Annip
14-02-13, 11:21
just keep telling yourself these feelings won't last forever, they will pass xxx

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

Blimey i think we all need some big :hugs: today :hugs: i really hope we all start to feel better soon, keep posting peeps and we'll help each other along, im so pleased i have all you guys to support me :hugs: im feeling pretty shitty myself today but i know im in withdrawal of the olanzapine i used to take as cut it down at the weekend and boy am i suffering now :ohmy: i was given olanzapine to help with the panic when i first became ill but its not a long term solution as it can come with health risks so have decided to wean off it but i have the shakes, headache, dry mouth and anxiety lurking but i keep telling myself its all normal withdrawal and i was warned this would happen so im determined to ride it out....with the help of the odd diazepam tho!!! xxxxxxx
Well done Nicola
You were strong to come off it and you will ride it out..well done xxx

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

Well i went to to the walk in practice, but theres over an hour wait, i cant sit there that long, so went for a walk. Ive just got to work. I dont want to go home because we have builders in today, the lady at walk in said to try later it may be less busy!
Ive got an appointment for my doctor on monday if shes in? I dont really want to speak or see anyone else as she understands me, guess im going to have to ride it out? There couldnt offer another GP as all are fully booked!
Sorry to moan peeps!!
Well done Gav for going to walk in clinic..it kept you occupied and you did it. I've been delivering papers this morning and I must say I feel better. Remember your body/brain has been used to the 150mg that you were taking and now its kicking up a bit of a fuss till it gets used to the new level..which it will very soon. Do you know too if you are feeling anxious about other things? I would talk to your mum as often as you can..or anyone else. I find talking helps..my daughter is strong for me and she doesn't mind when I say the same things over and over!!
Stay strong
:roflmao: anni xx

spawn
14-02-13, 12:29
Ok well i managed getting a last minute appointment with another doctor after all,
he thinks i should stagger my meds for the time being, do one day at 112.5mg next at 150mg, 112.5mg and so on. guess it wont hurt to try, im seeing my usual doctor on monday so she may say otherwise? Thanks for the support guys! I feel drained now :(

clio51
14-02-13, 16:09
Gav that sound about right what doc says, it's the body getting used to lower dose doesn't know where it's at. No wonder you feel drained after all the stress of this morning, chill out and rest tonight after work and recharge.

Pink. I still on 150mg ven, still waiting to see what psych says about other med!!

Nic hope your days got little better, why is either coming off or going on new med so so bloody horrible.

Anni. Glad your feeling better, we do say strong things to ourselves but the sensation we get are horrible arnt they.

Well decided to brave town on my own, partner as gone to his dad's. So wasn't feeling that relaxed so took 2mg of D and off I went.. needed to take bedding back to laura ashley,so upon getting there I could feel the tension getting hold so told myself right you can do this girl. Whilst talking I could feel my feet curling up with tension and then they dreaded hurry up get me out of here.
Why does the bloody chatterbox kick in!!!!! Still went in few more shops as needed to but wasn't good if I would of seen anybody I'd known I would of panicked feeling this uptight. That's my problem I can't relax enough grr...

I really wish I could relax, instead of my body being in a tense state nearly all the time, if I could get this under control I think I would be much better. the best time I really relax is after about 7pm.

Love and hugs everyone:bighug1: xx

pinkdove
14-02-13, 16:15
aw clio well done for getting to town on your own, i know that feeling only too well, i've ran out of the supermarket and left the trolly full of food, because i just couldnt queue :blush:

pip hows the week off going, hope you are relaxing and not doing too muh course work xx

nicola1980
14-02-13, 16:32
Clio well done at getting out :-) well i was fine until 2 and then the panic hit so i took a diazepam and went and tried to do my relaxation telling myself it was just normal withdrawal and would pass, my friend then called in and that was it i burst into tears saying i can't do this anymore :-( she gave me a hug and managed to calm me down, i hate this! X x

clio51
14-02-13, 16:47
This must one of the most horrendous illnesses out there. Shitty wish or I wish somebody would come up with a magical med so we all could get well again. I'm sick of having a battle everyday I just want a bit of normality be happy without any fear of the day ahead.

Love and hugs Brenda xxxx

TJSMITH
14-02-13, 21:37
Hi all
Sorry dont always post but easier when on the laptop (which not often) i keep a check daily.
I can see a few having a rough time again so :hugs:to you all.

We all know the blips pass but i think its the fear of not knowing how long each one will be along with the what if this is not a blip and slipping back.

I am so much better again infact had longer periods of not analysing this week periods of 100% normality, i need to read back on this as the blips make me doubt if i ever did feel this way or kidding myself im better, if you get me??

We going to florida in October, i just hope i stay well and n o dreaded blip hits me but i know need to take a day at a time or i will get myself worked up.

Hope you all had a lovely valentines day and spoilt rotten. i got nothing from my husband :weep: but then i never get him anything lol...its my birthday next week though and hinted at the kindle fire, does anyone have one??? typical at a funeral on my birthday but hey ho.

Love to all xxxx

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

ps nic you know it will pass as you always tell me :) and you are always right.
Last week i was much the same in tears saying how cruel this illness is as no one can see it, crying etc.... then this week i feel so different. xxx

Tufty
14-02-13, 22:10
Hi everyone and happy St Valentines :flowers:
I think we're all the same with our ups and downs, I've been slowly increasing the Pregabalin and have noticed that I am getting quite a lot of mood swings. Within a couple of hours I can go from confident and calm to scared and anxious, happy and content one minute to depressed the next. Thankfully they only last a few hours, not the days I've had when starting the other meds, so I am able to work and carry as normal most of the time. I seem to be at my worst in the evening which is the opposite of my normal anxiety, maybe that is when I am able to sit down and start thinking about how I feel, who knows?

Love and hugs to everyone
Sam

pinkdove
14-02-13, 22:11
:D great news tracey xx

clio51
14-02-13, 22:58
Tracey
I'm on kindle fire now, love it best thing I've ever got

TJSMITH
14-02-13, 23:40
Clio silly question but can you Bluetooth photos from it? To print them ie in boots

clio51
14-02-13, 23:57
Tracey
Bit technical for me that, only the hd version as bluethooth so maybe you could Google it.oh it doesn't have a slot where you put separate memory card to take and download pics at boots for printing in if that helps. Soz

spawn
15-02-13, 08:19
Hey peeps, well another night of weird dreams, I did perk up abit last night, got an early night in as well. But I woke to feeling on edge?.

I hate this, it's really rubbish! :(

How's everyone else?
Gav.

Pipkin
15-02-13, 09:16
Morning Gav,

Not so bad here - just managed to catch a streaming cold on my week off.

You will be fine - just up your dose a little as the doctor advised and think positive. Try not to work too hard as well. I'm guilty of this and it really can run you down. Have a nice relaxing meal with the wife tonight and put your feet up.

Take care

Pip

Annip
15-02-13, 09:58
Hi all
hows things with everyone. It is indeed a horrible illness. I'd rather have toothache!!
I wish there was a think switch to turn off!! I try very hard to stay positive ...and yes I can do it for a while and then it slips. Having this place to post on is really really helpful. A mediocre day for me yesterday. Had planned lunch out with friends...felt panicky on the way..got to the car park and had to turnd round and come home. Tried to relax all afternoon but the adrenaline just kept pouring into my stomach. Do any of you find that you get anxious about being anxious? how stupid is that?
Hi Nicola..glad you had a friend to help you and hope you felt better after.
Gav..how are you today. Glad you got to see a doctor and had some good advice.
Paul....sorry Ididn't realise you'd had problems with diazepam in the past. No wonder you're scared to take it.
Clio..you are sounding good at the mo brill
Pink..how are you on this fine sunny morning?
Pip..sorry you've got a cold. Hope that goes quickly
Everyone else ...lots of :hugs:
Anni xx

Tony52
15-02-13, 11:12
Hi All,
I can see that there are a lot of us suffering at the moment and I do hope that life will get better soon for all of you. Believe me,I have gone through a lot of things you are going through in this last period and previous periods of anxiety/depression over the last 15 years. I can realy relate to so much you are going through.

I saw a psych last friday for the first time ever,and I was back to normal as I have been, about a week after coming off Ven.
The NHS girl I had initial consultation with a few days after I phoned the NHS crisis line for my area was also there. She could see a drastic change for the better in me from just a week or so previous. After talking about my rapid recovery from Ven to Mertazapine,the psych had no real answer for it as he quite rightly said that AD's are hit and miss and it is sometimes very difficult to find the right one at the right time.
What can work ,even at a lower dose may not work another time.What may not have worked may work when this illness strikes.
It may have been 'serotonin syndrome' I had and the Ven was just making me feel worse,the longer I was taking it.
No definate answer. Psych had probably seen it all before.

Anyway ,I am 100% my normal self, and lifes problems that a few weeks ago would cause me so much grief and despair ,I just take in my stride and deal with it as I normally would.
I am back to my easygoing,friendly,outgoing self.I have got all the enthusiasm I have always had in my interests and hobbies etc .
There just does not seem to be enough hours in the day to fit everything in as well as getting time to relax and do nothing.
Music has always played a big part of my life and I have seen a few good gigs and play downloads from youtube of some of my faves. I realy get enjoyment out of all these things now that previously I was just not interested in and could't be bothered.

In 15 years of this illness on and off,this is the first time I have come off Ven 187.5mg without any taper at all and start 4 days later on Mert 15mg and I don't even feel as if I am on meds at all. I purposely didn't read the leaflet on Mert and all I know about it is to take it with a glass of water in the evening.
The psych said he will advise my GP to stay on this dose of Mert for at least a year unless things change.I'm very positive in my thoughts that I am better now and that's how it's gonna stay for the rest of my life.

I hope this gives hope that things will get better for us all ,it is just finding the right meds and help like cbt and talking to people who are sympathetic and understanding to how we feel.Good luck and best wishes that each day for us will just get better. :hugs:

Sober2000june
15-02-13, 13:01
great post Tony:)

Annip
15-02-13, 14:35
Tony..wonderful post. So pleased for you. I know how much you were struggling before and now you are on top of the world. yippee :):) xx

rockbottok
15-02-13, 16:38
Not feeling my best :( x

Tony52
15-02-13, 20:18
Things will get better Louabihudd and you will come out of it being a stronger person for it.The bad days are very hard to get through at times I know.
Life is good and the good times are back for me now ,as they will be for all of us.
Hope you are feeling better very soon. :hugs:

rockbottok
15-02-13, 23:03
Thanks tony :)

spawn
16-02-13, 10:07
Well I'm at a loss today, I woke up feeling on edge, feeling sick, can hardly eat my breakfast, started to have a panick attack, I was talking to my wife about how I'm feeling, and broke down in tears?. I'm not the kind of person to do this? Seems I've got no control over myself at the moment. I just want to go back to how I was last month, happy and full of life! I've upped my Ven today to 150mg and just took 5mg of diazepam and a anti sickness! Now I've got to somehow go to work and meet a customer as well.
Gav.

nicola1980
16-02-13, 10:15
Gav i really think your suffering withdrawal, Im going through it at the min off my other tablets and its hell, use your diazepam to help you and keep posting, lots of love and hugs x x

spawn
16-02-13, 10:21
Thanks Nic.x
If its withdrawal how are u ment to reduce down even more? I've only dropped 37.5mg for a month? Is it that hard to withdraw from it?.
Thanks for the love and hugs I need it! :) x

clio51
16-02-13, 11:25
Gav,
Ven is suppose to be one of the hardest to come off, so I have read.

If 150mg was working for you and you were happy where you were,WHY did you reduce is it because you don't want to be on meds? I say if they work for you and you well again on them stay on it.
If and when I get there I will stay on it forever to stop me going through this illness again.

It will take a while to build back up in your system, but you'll get back there maybe 112,5 wasn't for you.
Feel for you with the symptoms gav terrible can still remember when I couldn't eat and was wrenching even when I got a thought I would wrench. Hope you make it through meeting customer, could you not cancel till Monday(bit late now though, but you could say an emergency come up)

Keep posting were here for you, focus on your breathing picture your stomach going up and down wonderfully to take your mind off yourself.

spawn
16-02-13, 11:35
Clio, i was finding the side effects to much with the Ven at 150, i felt loads better when dropped to 112.5, i dont want to be on meds all my life either. When i reduced i felt fine, think it was just after xmas, but now ive crashed, maybe a blip, or maybe because of reduction? x

clio51
16-02-13, 11:51
Ah right I remember now, headaches, ringing in ears etc
Maybe a blip then gav, it's hard to get it back under control (because it's that bloody vicious circle thing again) but you will,you have before remember lots of times.

Prob waiting around for customer doesn't help, making you on edge, but you have done this loads of times before you at work now?

spawn
16-02-13, 11:54
yes im at work now waiting and yes im feeling on edge, its cold, and i feel sleeply from the diazepam
:(

I hoping it is a blip, thing is i think ive panick and made myself worse this week!

clio51
16-02-13, 12:04
Easy done, natural for us all to do that it's the very first initial thought maybe. What's that, omg don't feel good, it starts that circle then the physical symptoms start. That's why they said keep busy because it takes your mind away from yourself (sometimes) then the symptoms come down when we relax.
You know all this gav, make a cuppa if you can stomach it and when he's been get yourself home in the warmth. X

pinkdove
16-02-13, 12:35
gav, im going to be diferent, and say that when i asked my gp about reducing, and like you went down from 150mg to 112.5 its almost 3 weeks for me now, she said to take the same dose every day, and not to alternate, because of the short half life, you need the same stready dose every day, not to fluctuate.

now i feel no different at all in reducing mine, and i think that if we are going to have side effects they will hit in the first week or so, because of the hort half life.

is there anything you can think off thats triggered this for you, however small? i would def speak to your gp again, and be carefull about staggering your dose, my sister in law was told exactly the same ting byher gp.

take it easy gav, we are all here for you, im not trying to tell you what to do, but letting you know what i was told. take carexx

Tony52
16-02-13, 17:44
Try to take things a bit easier Gav.Easier said than done,I know.
Hope you are not working on sunday and you can rest and take life a bit more slowly and relaxed.
Life will get better and you have so much to look forward to in yourself and your wifes' lives.
Hope you are feeling even a little bit better after seeing all these posts knowing that we care about someone we know who is suffering. :hugs::bighug::hugs:

spawn
16-02-13, 18:43
Tbh honest I wasn't keen on staggering my dose? my doctor said when I first reduced that if I got any SE's it would be in the first 10 days, so for me to get SE's 5weeks later doesn't really make sense, the only thing I think has caused this is working til 9 pm at night and over doing it with stress, the same thing happened another time! Hopefully I can get to see my doctor Monday and put my mind at rest, I think I felt anxious today because of the increase maybe? The 5 mg of diazepam wiped me out, went to sleep for 2 hrs! I've just been for a long walk so hopefully that will help? I'm feeling alittle calmer now, but haven't got a lot of appetite, I haven't all week tbh.
Thanks for the support everyone! X

Pipkin
16-02-13, 19:18
Happy anniversary to this thread! 12 months of good friends, support, plenty of smiles and a few tears...

Thanks for all your support guys and a special thanks to Pink for starting it! Here's to another 12 months.

Pip xxx

nicola1980
16-02-13, 19:37
Gav glad your feeling calmer :hugs: I've had an awful day withdrawal wise off this other med :-( Im drained from it all now and can't wait till bedtime, Hubby has been brilliant and cleaned the entire house for me today even the windows!! Lets hope tomorrow is a better day for us all x x x

pinkdove
16-02-13, 19:55
gav it sounds to me as if you've burnt yourself out overworking, i sure your doc will agree, i know its easy to overdo things when we feel better, but our bodies take time to heal,i still feel mine is healing, if i overdo things i soon feel exhausted, more than i did before, so take it easy, and listen to your body xx

pip is it a year.....i cant believe it, your right so many good friends on this thread, up's and down's high's and low's, tears and laughter.

a big thanks to you for your continued support over the last year, an inspiration to us all, hey and hope you are getting some rest before monday.

so here's to another year , nicola, lou, paul, gav, anni , annip, clio, tony, kitti, tracey, sam, slowfish, and all th ven buddies.......pip ma dear friend xx

i know we'll all improve over the next 12 months huge :hugs: to you all xx

nicola1980
16-02-13, 20:00
blimey has it been a year already? Thankyou to all of you for your love and support x x x x

Pipkin
16-02-13, 20:42
Thanks Pink - you've been an absolute rock for me too. What would I have done without you and all my ven buddies?

I've had a lovely relaxing week - lots of eating and walking! Freddie took his first exam on Thursday and passed so I'm really pleased. He's been a real star and has calmed down a lot over the past couple of months. We're now thinking of getting him a little brother! Hopefully it will be a bit smoother this time as I'm much more prepared. What do you think? Too soon or should I give it a go?

Pip xxx

clio51
16-02-13, 20:53
Hi all

Yer great bunch of people on this thread,all supportive and there's always somebody checking in so in times of need you know that somebody will answer. Keep it up guys.

Gav glad to hear you have settled a bit now, try and get something to eat ,something small beans n toast anything to keep your strength up. And next week 6pm finish max!!!!

Nicola. NicEly will get there, can hear it in your thread determining voice. Few more days and you will feel better.

Everybody, hope your all doing ok, best wishes. Xxx

I've been left with very sensitive teeth from taking that other med psych gave me. Feels like toothache only in teeth where my fillings are ! Hence that metal taste I was getting. Probably take a wholesaler to go now.

spawn
17-02-13, 10:18
Hi everyone.
Had a good nights sleep, but I've got a migraine now, I feel really drugged up? I think it's the increase as I've took 150mg for last 2 days, gone back to 112.5 today and I will try and stick to that. Had a good chat to my wife and we think its just been a dip, and I've gone into panic mode! See my doctor 2moz if she's back to work?

I've been reading up on Ven, and found that In standard venlafaxine the elimination half-life is 3-13 hours for both pill and liquid forms. This means that the effects of venlafaxine will fade within a day, and possibly much faster. The drug will no longer be detectable in the body within 5-7 days.

Is this the same for modified release Ven? I know it still has a short half life?
I really don't want to be on meds anymore! :(

How's everyone else today?
Gav

Tufty
17-02-13, 11:17
Hi Gav - the SPC on Effexor, the extended release Ven states the absorption is slower but the half life is the same, so even though is may take longer to absorb, you metabolise and excrete it the same. With a maximum half life of 13 hours, it would take up to 5 x 13 hours for the therapeutic dose to be removed from your body - ie 3 days but like you say up to 7 for all traces of the drug to be removed.

It did sound like you were doing great on the Ven at the end of last year, would you not consider riding out this blip on the Ven? I have learnt, as I'm sure alot of us have, that changing doses of medication is never easy and sometimes just sticking with what you're on is best, I've decided I'm going to be on medication for the rest of my life and I'm only 42, I'm not going to put myself through the trauma of stopping meds, feeling worse and restarting. Anyway I hope you have a better day today and work out a plan of action with your GP tomorrow, having a plan is always a good way to start I think!

It's beautiful here, I'm off to walk the pooch. I've been tempted to get another little friend for my Pep, Pip I'm sure 2 would keep each other company and it's not double the work but Pep is top dog and I'd worry I'd love another one less and that wouldn't be right :shrug: Would you get another puppy?

Have to get up, the clouds are coming over and Pep is giving me those dog eyes :hugs: