PDA

View Full Version : from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21

Annip
06-08-13, 15:41
Hi
Shed... have you read the info on the left hand side of this page about panic attacks, anxiety and have you shown your girlfriend. None of this is your fault. Try and explain to her. tell her how you feel, the thoughts and sensations you are experiencing. I know it is so hard when you have had good days and then seemingly go backwards. you feel like you will never get better. This is what the anxiety feeds off. the cbt will help but it is not an instant cure and you have to work hard at it. all the things you are feeling are normal side effects of the tabs and the anxiety. you must get you girlfriend onside cos you will need her support. i have my hubbie and daughter. if my hubbie says something that upsets me i so over react. the anxiety makes all your emotions exaggerated. Even nice things. Me and Clio have experinced all this and the suicdal thoughts...but remember they are thoughts and they cannot hurt you and the anxiety gives you physical sensations that are not nice but they canot hurt you .
Roxy...I have been on 75 ven for a while anid increased to 150 6 weeks a go and I am getting the symptoms you are experincing. I have just been diagnosed with post traumatic syndrome so i have a counsellor who iis helping me with that and I have used the cbt4panic off this website.
Clio...how you doing? I had a reasonable day yesterday, not so good this morning but have seen my grandchildren this afternoon and I feel alot better
lots of hugs :hugs: :hugs:
Anni

roxy46
06-08-13, 19:17
Anni.

Have you seen an improvement in your anxiety symptons over the six weeks? X

Annip
07-08-13, 08:16
Hi Roxy
it varies each day. I have had times when I waas good for a few days and then I'd have a set back and thought my tablets weren't working. Then I'd feel awful for a few days but practising my cbt helped bring me back so that not all day was bad. Hubbie and daughter help me alot. When it it difficult to do the cbt by myself they go through it with me. A couple of weeks a go I felt really good but had another step back..which is when you feel like it will never get better. For a couple of days I felt really bad but am gradually picking up again. This doesn't mean that all day every day I feel good...but focus on the parts that do make you feel good and if its something you have achieved then praise yourself especially if that something you did wasn't something you wanted to do or were afraid of doing.
Roxy could you pm me and tell me more about the worry tree...that sounds really good. xx
Shed hope you get on well with your cbt today. xx

shedrain
07-08-13, 12:14
Hi
Shed... have you read the info on the left hand side of this page about panic attacks, anxiety and have you shown your girlfriend. None of this is your fault. Try and explain to her. tell her how you feel, the thoughts and sensations you are experiencing. I know it is so hard when you have had good days and then seemingly go backwards. you feel like you will never get better. This is what the anxiety feeds off. the cbt will help but it is not an instant cure and you have to work hard at it. all the things you are feeling are normal side effects of the tabs and the anxiety. you must get you girlfriend onside cos you will need her support. i have my hubbie and daughter. if my hubbie says something that upsets me i so over react. the anxiety makes all your emotions exaggerated. Even nice things. Me and Clio have experinced all this and the suicdal thoughts...but remember they are thoughts and they cannot hurt you and the anxiety gives you physical sensations that are not nice but they canot hurt you .
i

Thanks Anni. - How are you doing by the way?

I actually have to hide the fact that I use this website from my girlfriend. She feels that if I'm looking at anything that's remotely to do with this illness then I'm just going to make myself worse - so I can't really show her any of it. I've explained numerous times the thoughts and the feelings and what it's like, but although she is compassionate and shows empathy to an extent, she really doesn't understand what it's like.

I had the Cbt this morning. I'm not sure what to think of it really. The therapist told me that there a lot of issues going on so I really need to focus on one issue.

I told her that my biggest issue is when I experience the physical sensations of anxiety (tingling arms and legs, chest tightness, churning stomach, feeling on edge, feeling of dread in my stomach, muscle tension etc). - what I am finding since being on ven is that I am much more able to deal with anxious thoughts when they come along, but I can't deal with the physical sensations because I can't seem to suppress them. Whatever I do - they seem to remain. Then from there it's a downward spiral, because if I have the physical sensations of anxiety, then normally the thoughts will come into play and it's then that I can't deal with the thoughts. Then I end up in a blubbering distraught mess because it's all too much.

In response, she told me that in order to combat this, she wants to work on worry and feels that if I can control the worry, then maybe the physical sensations will stop. I have exercises to do. Whenever I have a worried thought, I am supposed to write it down, distract myself and stop thinking about it and then have a dedicated time each day that I can go back to my list of worries and spend a certain amount of time worrying. I'll certainly be doing this, but I am worried about not being able to control the worry when it happens if it happens alongside the physical sensations.

I also have some grounding exercises to do to get myself into the present moment. I'll be doing those every day too, whether I feel anxious or not so I know how to do them when I am feeling more anxious.

I'm still really determined to get back to work in 2 weeks, but also scared that the CBT isn't going to work (which I have just written down as a worry).

Thank you all for your support :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Annip
09-08-13, 08:10
Hi Shedrain, did you get my pm yesterday? I've just looked in my sent messages and it doesn't seem to be there. I'm not very computer literate so mayb I did it wrong. Let me know. Hope today is better for you.
Anni

shedrain
09-08-13, 11:48
Hi Shedrain, did you get my pm yesterday? I've just looked in my sent messages and it doesn't seem to be there. I'm not very computer literate so mayb I did it wrong. Let me know. Hope today is better for you.
Anni

Hi Anni,

I didn't receive it :-(

Hope you're doing well.

X

pinkdove
09-08-13, 17:38
hiya guys what a week ive had last sunday night started with really bad pains in stomach relentless managed to get to surgery with johns help and was told it was likely to be my gallbladder

all this week i have been sick and in loads of pain seen dr this morning and hes referring me for a scan he is convinced its my gallbladder the pain has got a bit better and he has prescribed anti sickness meds as i havent been able to eat had so appetite as you can imagine this has sent my anxiety soaring although friends and family have been great

just feeling a bit sorry for myself so hope it wont be too long before i get my scan xxx

Annip
10-08-13, 07:18
H i Pink
Sorry that you're still feeling so rough. If the pain gets too much go to A & E and they'll scan you straight away. The anti sickness drugs will make you feel less sick and then you may be able to eat better. Glad to see your post on here.
My anxiety is high too...going on holiday today and not sure how I'm going to cope. Certainly won't have my computer so won't be able to talk to you guys.
just found out that my daughter has an underactive thyroid gland as well as polysistic ovaries. thats why her ovaries may be like that cos underactive thyroid means you don;t produce enough hormones.
I hope you feel better soon Pink xxxxxxxxx

---------- Post added at 06:18 ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 ----------

Anni.

Have you seen an improvement in your anxiety symptons over the six weeks? X
Hi Roxy, i see you're online. How you feeling today. I feel pants. I know its to do with going on holiday. Don't worry about you're ven pooping out. Its the anxiety that does it I'm sure. I've been awake this morning so early it was still dark so that hasn't helped. I've just taken my first diaz of the day so may feel calmer soon.
Anni xxx

roxy46
10-08-13, 11:36
Hi anni. I woke feeling anxious, but have lied in bed with a cup of coffee and feel a little better now. As I said before I worry about the weekends as I don't have work to keep me occupied. I have also got an awful cold/flu. I usually would get on with it but its awful, aching all over lost my voice, horrid throat ugh!

Don't think this helps as most people would take themselves to bed and chill, I can't sit still and an forcing myself to keep going to help the anxiety. All I really need to do is rest, but I'm not capable at the moment.

I've had on and off moments of anxiety for the last few days. I'm on day 15 of my increase so far so I suppose from what I've read it's still early days? I know it doesn't help but I'm really worried the ven increase isn't going to work for me. I was so stable on it for such a long time. I'm stuck in between not knowing if the anxiety I have now is a symptom of the increase or actually real.

I really hope you manage to relax enough to enjoy your holiday! I'll be routing for you! X

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 ----------

After the last post I'm changing my mind about feeling better. I fell back to sleep and have woken feeling dreadful I feel like I'm shaking all over and my anxiety is through the roof. Should I be feeling better that this by day 13 of an increase or is it still a case of hanging in there? Any advice/opinions welcome, so up and down its crazy! X

karenp
11-08-13, 07:27
Shedrain people used to tell me that too, don't look at these sites or you will think you have the same symptoms and scare yourself silly but I find the site such a comfort as I know you guys are the only people who truly understand and though I do get scared sometimes reading side effect symptoms more than anything, I also know every one is different and it helps me I find being there for others too when I can, I tried Venlafaxine a year ago but found it too harsh so take Escitalopram.
Anni I am the same, I get really brill days and think I have finally cracked it and then feel horrible again though luckily never totally debilitated like last year.
Hope every one else is ok xxxx

roxy46
12-08-13, 18:30
It's been very quiet recently!

I'm on day 17 of my increase from 75mg to 150mg and I have to say Saturday and Sunday were two of my worst days so far. I felt worse than before I upped my dose, really anxious, shakey and almost depressed. My thoughts are completley out of control at times. The things I worry about are things I can't do anything to stop. Ie death, the future etc etc when I'm not anxious i can reason with these thoughts, at the moment they are just getting out of control.

I do get moments of respite, then it comes over me in a wave. Should I still getting this increased anxiety after over two weeks? I'm so worried that this increase isn't working or going to work for me x

clio51
12-08-13, 20:36
Hi all,

Having a really bad time, thing is I don't know where it's come from!!
Only thing I can think of is I had agreement with partner on Sat afternoon and ended up not talking( should know better at 55) and it made me angry,bit down but done this few times before and was talking again Sun
But today as gone downhill big style! Crying,nausea tingling up/down arms. Tired distraction did some ironing but thoughts were coming from the feeling I was getting from my body. By the time I'd finished come down was in tears and irrational thoughts coming was so so scared

We are good at telling other people when we're on a better day "it's only a thought"
But yet why when I get it I freak, I havnt felt like this for ages. I have bad days but it's never escalated I've managed to say come on Brenda it's a blip,snap out of it,get lost etc

Rang for emergency psych appt, ended up speaking to duty officer on crisis team(mines on holiday 2 weeks) told her how I felt and she said "what do I want the Dr to do" and I didn't really know! She's ringing me back rooms not holding my breath about anything

I can't concentrate,watch tv I'm going around looking for things to do went manic cleaning bathroom/shower this afternoon(I bloody hate doing that) but did it and never even flinched why?

It is very quite roxy looks like only me and you suffering at mo.
Your doing great going to work I havnt worked for years. The things you say about not doing anything about that's just me I think to far ahead! Son leaving home, partner dying and leaving me , bumping into people and panicking and feeling trapped. God there horrible and come out from nowhere!

It's only early days on the increase you've had it before but prob forgotten I do and I write a diary everyday but still forget something's about how I feel. Ven is very slow with some people I think it's took me weeks/mths.

Oh well what can I do next!!! Think I will have another d as last one was 3.30

Take care xx

roxy46
12-08-13, 21:40
Clio

So true. I can dish out all the advice and I know what is happening to me, the thoughts etc, I can even explain it too someone but I can't stop it.

I think the future worries are all about being alone, I'm scared I'll have to go through all this alone one day. Even though I'm not always like this. I just want to enjoy life, at the moment I don't feel like I enjoy anything and that makes me feel like I'm failing my family. I'm so wrapped up in myself.

I try so hard not to take diazepam if I can. However I've caved in to 2mg tonight, I am choked up with cold and had wound myself up too much, sometimes I just need to snap out of it. Now I am going to read some of my cbt material in a calmer state and see if I can do better tomorrow.

The work thing is my saving grace, it really helps me to be so focused on something, I struggle more at home.

Anyway enough rambling, just to let you know I feel your pain and every symptom/worry. Try not to focus on today too much. Tomorrow is a new day. Take care :bighug1:

nicola1980
12-08-13, 21:58
Sending hugs to you both :hugs: i promise things get better, i still have bad days where i can't talk or see anyone so i take myself off to bed as i feel at ease there! I think venlafaxine is a very slow acting med my last increase was in march to 187.5mg and Im only just starting to feel my old self this many months down the line, hang on in there and use your diazepam to help don't struggle x x x

clio51
12-08-13, 22:18
Hi Nicola,

Really glad you had a great hol ! So you feel back to your old self now no depression/anxiety?

Thing is this is nearly 2years come Sept, and I can honestly say I've not been in crisis for months but never really anxiety free. I'm here now and can feel the fear inside me and I can't stop the thoughts they keep bloody creeping in! I've just had another d but they don't stop the fears though. God I hope it's not like this tomorrow and don't want to be like I was I've only just started to get myself out again.

TJSMITH
12-08-13, 22:49
Hi all
Thought I would check in and see how you all are.
Im decorating to keep busy and the last week been great.
Clio like you it's been nearly two years but I still have these week long blips every month and when I am like I am now think that's it I'm me again and cracked it but always seems to bite me on the bum lol...
Found an excellent book though by Lorraine mason called panic attacks five steps to freedom it's great for anxiety too so well worth a read as almost like she had walked in my shoes.
Nic pleased you ok and settled again xx

clio51
12-08-13, 23:16
Hi Tracey,

Brilliant your good, and the decorating really motivating stuff and 3 kids as well take my hat of to you. Don't think I've got the energy now(55 and menopausal aches), I've always done decorating and feel good when you see the end results.

I just don't want to let it get me depressed again, anxiety is bad but depression is absolutely sole destroying.
I've got my books out again I looking at depressive illness by Dr Tim cantopher he's a psychiatrist who consultants at the priory. Don't know wether I should be or just getting on with it!

nicola1980
13-08-13, 00:32
Hi Nicola,

Really glad you had a great hol ! So you feel back to your old self now no depression/anxiety?

Thing is this is nearly 2years come Sept, and I can honestly say I've not been in crisis for months but never really anxiety free. I'm here now and can feel the fear inside me and I can't stop the thoughts they keep bloody creeping in! I've just had another d but they don't stop the fears though. God I hope it's not like this tomorrow and don't want to be like I was I've only just started to get myself out again.

I had an absolutely fantastic holiday and for the whole 2 weeks i had zero panic or anxiety and felt like my old self again like i was 2 years ago before this relapse, everybody commented on how good i was and the change in me, i laughed properly which i can honestly say I've not done in these 2 years! When i got home i was determined to carry on being well and even tho i felt really low for a few days, sort holiday blues I've still felt so much better, Im not saying Im cured of anxiety or panic as its always there like a ticking bomb in the back of my head but Im determined i have to beat this, Im nope positive

---------- Post added at 00:32 ---------- Previous post was at 00:12 ----------

Don't know what's happened lol but i was saying Im nope nope positive now and i think being away made me realise the impact my illness has had on my entire family, my mum and dad were so pleased i was so well and my mum kept saying how proud she was of me and how pleased she was seeing me actually laugh and have a good time, the test came when we got back off holiday as we had my mums cousins funera unfortunately committed suicide before we went :weep: i thought of him as an uncle and if was such a lovely man but unfortunately he didn't receive the help he so desperately needed, i had to drive myself alone to his funeral as my Hubby looked after jack and i can honestly pay getting through the entire service and burial was one of the hardest things i did and when we got to the wake i did have to take a 2mg of diazepam as is shaking after having to go through it all on my own but i did it and there's no way i could have done that alone a few months ago, the anxiety and panic have defiantly calmed down and maybe it took so long because i was so poorly i don't know? But i have to look forward now and get well for my family as they deserve it, sorry for the long post think I've prop waffled on lol x x x

karenp
13-08-13, 08:06
Awww sending you loads of hugs Clio and Roxy...xxxx

Nicola so so pleased for you, thanks for being there for me yesterday xxxx

roxy46
13-08-13, 09:31
Nicola

It's really good to hear that you're doing so well.

Did you have increased anxiety when you increased your doses? I've gone from 75 to 150 just over two weeks ago and I swear I'm feeling worse. Any idea how much longer I should give it ? X

clio51
13-08-13, 09:56
Great to hear Nicola, we do feel guilty what we put are family through although we shouldn't because we're ill if we had pneumonia or hip open etc we wouldn't feel guilty it's because we don't seem to have any control of this depression/anxiety.

Well dreaded going to bed thought of not being able to sleep! Went at 12.30 Took about hour and I slept till 7 so glad I got a few hours in. Woke with the dreaded "hope I'm ok today"couldn't stay in bed so got up(which is nothing like me I usually go back to sleep) I've got that nausea sickly feeling,shaking and feeling cold and trying desperately to stop the negative thoughts.

Waiting for crisis team to ring,no really sure what they will say or do.

Take care all xx

nicola1980
13-08-13, 10:06
Nicola

It's really good to hear that you're doing so well.

Did you have increased anxiety when you increased your doses? I've gone from 75 to 150 just over two weeks ago and I swear I'm feeling worse. Any idea how much longer I should give it ? X

Hi i always had increased anxiety whenever i increased my doses so much so that i only increased by 37.5mg at a time, it should settle down soon just hang on in there although i know that's easier said than done, ven is a very slow acting med in my opinion so it'll take timeout you'll get there i promise x x

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Great to hear Nicola, we do feel guilty what we put are family through although we shouldn't because we're ill if we had pneumonia or hip open etc we wouldn't feel guilty it's because we don't seem to have any control of this depression/anxiety.

Well dreaded going to bed thought of not being able to sleep! Went at 12.30 Took about hour and I slept till 7 so glad I got a few hours in. Woke with the dreaded "hope I'm ok today"couldn't stay in bed so got up(which is nothing like me I usually go back to sleep) I've got that nausea sickly feeling,shaking and feeling cold and trying desperately to stop the negative thoughts.

Waiting for crisis team to ring,no really sure what they will say or do.

Take care all xx

Sorry your still feeling bad :bighug1: let up know what the crisis team say x x

roxy46
13-08-13, 10:26
Thanks Nicola. I think a smaller increase might have been for me too. I have done this jump once before but can't remember it at all. I'll give it some time, I don't think it's helping that I've got the cold from hell at the mo which I think may be heading towards chest infection territory, so I'm not fighting fit. Is 1980 your Date of birth? Mine too x thanks for the reassurance, just what I needed at the moment.

Clio. Sorry to hear you're having a bad morning. Keep us posted :hugs:

nicola1980
13-08-13, 10:43
You should get yourself in at the docs hun if you think you've got a chest infection and that will make you feel rough aswell :hugs: yep 1980 is my date of birth, getting old now lol especially as my son turns 13 this year!! don't know where the time goes, hope you feel better soon x x

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Pinkdove how are you hun? X x

roxy46
13-08-13, 11:06
Yeah I think I will if I'm no better tomorrow. Spend so much time concentrating on anxiety that I forget to look after myself sometimes!

That's freaky, same here my son is thirteen in November x

nicola1980
13-08-13, 11:13
Are you taking diazepam to help with your anxiety? That's the prob the anxiety takes over our whole lives x x

roxy46
13-08-13, 11:54
I have some diazepam and it does help. I get a bit concerned about the whole addiction thing and if stops working as we'll as it does now because I use it too much. All anxiety related worries im sure. I beat myself up a bit if I have to take it. However last night I caved in took 2mg and it really worked well. My brother works with children with medical needs and he assures me that 2mg is a tiny amount and that many small children are given much higher doses than this. I should just listen and take it if I need to I know, but I always think of it as a last resort x

clio51
13-08-13, 17:21
Hi all,

Well crisis team rang me back this morning what a waste time!
Apparently the psych doc was off sick today so she said she will talk to her next week! So I said what I'm suppose to do now she said I will speak to her next week! I don't really know what she could of done honestly but I'm annoyed the way the girl spoke to me and each question I ask she was really off with me.

It's just when you feel like your going backwards and it comes from out of the blue it freaked me. But like I said I don't really know what they could do other than talk to me and tell me to take diazepam which I have done.

Been busy cleaning again! I don't want to sit and let the thoughts intrude so I've been like a mad women cleaning but adrenalin was high still and I have a thing of clenching my toes and now my toes are red and sore aghhh. Can't relax feel like I want to do things to stop me sitting there thinking it automatically happens!!
At this rate I'll be exhausted God I hope I calm down soon and get rid of these frightening thoughts. Looked at cbt book but when you read them they make it sound so easy, and the worse thing is my memory it's really bad I can get a thought and within couple mins I've forgotten it same with spelling easy words I can't remember to spell(thank god for predictive text)dreams are the same I remember when I've woke up but come down stairs I've forgot it's really frightening sometimes wish I could forget about anxiety!!!!

Take care all. Xx

roxy46
13-08-13, 22:00
Clio

Sorry to hear the crisis team didn't help much. What's your next move? Don't suffer in silence and let things get worse.

I know what you mean, I desperately needed to rest this week, but I have been completley unable to. I've also struggled with the cbt, but I've tried to do little bits at the times I've felt calmer and I think it does help. The other thing I know helps me is exercise, which I've struggled to do due to my cold. I'm planning on getting back to it soon. You're also not alone on the memory front, I think it's because our minds are so active with all the chatter there's no room for anything else.

Hope you've had a better evening. Check in soon x

nicola1980
14-08-13, 00:29
Hi clio sorry the crisis team weren't more use than a bloody chocolate teapot, it makes me so mad the care we receive sometimes for mental health,you wouldn't be treated like that if you were a cancer patient! your obviously struggling or you wouldn't have rang them, make an appointment to see your own gp hun if you feel no better and if needed he acan ring your local mental health team for you and express his concerns on your behalf as mine has done before, in the meantime use your diazepam to help you through, Im a huge fan of diazepam and i think when used correctly its important in our recovery, at the start of my breakdown i was prescribed 10 to 15mg a day, i think it has a bad press but like my psychiatrist says if its used correctly then there's no problem, my gp admitted to me he has patients on 30 to 40mg a day!! so 2mg is nothing, my baby cousin had double that when she had her convulsion! don't suffer hope you feel better tomorrow x x x

strat61
14-08-13, 19:03
Hi all, I have some questions for all the venlafaxine takers. I have just gone from 112mg to 150mg does anybody know roughly how long the increase will take to kick in? I went straight from Sertraline to 75mg of Venlafaxine & I was amazed after four days I felt so much better, I stayed on that dose for eight weeks when the anxiety came back. I upped the dose my self to 112mg & that also worked for about a month, Anxiety back & feeling really rough, headache, muzzy head & not feeling right. Went to the docs yesterday he said go up to 150,I then asked for the slow release tabs & he outright refused to prescribe them. We had a few heated words& then he said if you want the slow release you need to see a psychiatrist??? Is this drug expensive is that why he wont prescribe them? He's a **** anyway you cant explain things to him, he doesn't want to know & you cant understand him either. Sorry about going on but any advice would be great.

CHeers for now

shedrain
14-08-13, 19:29
Hi all, I have some questions for all the venlafaxine takers. I have just gone from 112mg to 150mg does anybody know roughly how long the increase will take to kick in? I went straight from Sertraline to 75mg of Venlafaxine & I was amazed after four days I felt so much better, I stayed on that dose for eight weeks when the anxiety came back. I upped the dose my self to 112mg & that also worked for about a month, Anxiety back & feeling really rough, headache, muzzy head & not feeling right. Went to the docs yesterday he said go up to 150,I then asked for the slow release tabs & he outright refused to prescribe them. We had a few heated words& then he said if you want the slow release you need to see a psychiatrist??? Is this drug expensive is that why he wont prescribe them? He's a **** anyway you cant explain things to him, he doesn't want to know & you cant understand him either. Sorry about going on but any advice would be great.

CHeers for now

Hi Strat,

Expect anything from 3-4 days to 2 weeks for the higher dose to kick in and it's possible you will get some adjustment reactions to the higher dose - could just be lightheadedness but for me it included slightly more ruminating/feeling on edge, mild insomnia and some heightened anxiety. For me the adjustment took just over a week on every dose change.

The XR form of the med is more expensive and it could be a reason. My GP never prescribes venlafaxine full stop and I only ever got it because a pdoc prescribed me it.

I hope things get better soon.

Pipkin
14-08-13, 19:41
Hi Strat,

Ditto what Shed has said - it takes a while but your experience to date on venlafaxine is encouraging.

Many GPs won't prescribe the XR capsules as they are over 10 times more expensive than the standard tablets. Lots of people on this thread have had exactly the same experience as you. Ultimately, there's very little difference except a steadier delivery into the bloodstream which keeps nausea lower, and the obvious convenience of one dose a day. I certainly wouldn't dwell too much on it.

Good luck.

Pip

nicola1980
14-08-13, 20:02
Hi, many of us on here have had to literally beg our doctors for the slow release due to the cost, i started on the standard release and once id stabilized i eventually got prescribed the slow release med so keep asking!! You should start to see a difference around 4 to 6 weeks but in my opinion venlafaxine is a very slow acting med so it could be longer but just hang on in there i promise it gets better x x

roxy46
14-08-13, 21:12
I increased from 75 to 150 just over two weeks ago. Just this last couple of days I have started to feel a little better. Not 100% but definitely better. From past experience I would say at least two weeks but don't be worried if it takes longer and once things start to improve they will slowly continue. Also don't be concerned if you feel an increase in your symptoms before they improve, I know I did. It's not easy, but time and patience and before you know it you'll be noticing some changes :)

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

I think it's terrible about the slow release tablets. I never realised this was an issue. It's what I was always prescribed, I never had to ask for them or had any problems getting them. Is it a postcode lottery kind of thing?

Anyway I'm sure that you shouldn't notice a difference, the active ingredient will be the same and just try take them the same time each day they should build up in you system in the same way :)

strat61
15-08-13, 10:25
Hi all thanks for your replies, one more question. I have had a constant muzzy head & dull head ache for about two-three weeks is this the med as well? Sorry to ask so many questions but you know how worried we all get. I wish this would all go away.

Strat61

nicola1980
15-08-13, 10:31
Hi all thanks for your replies, one more question. I have had a constant muzzy head & dull head ache for about two-three weeks is this the med as well? Sorry to ask so many questions but you know how worried we all get. I wish this would all go away.

Strat61

Hi id say your head is a side effect, whenever i increase i used to get headaches infact venlafaxine has kick started my migraines again ever since i started taking it, i haven't suffered with them for years until i went on ven and now i get at least one a month :mad: hopefully it will pass for you soon x x

Pipkin
15-08-13, 11:57

Strat61

Yep, headache, fuzzy head and feeling spaced out are all symptoms of starting ven. They tend to wear off pretty quickly and I would have thought they'd have gone by now but you've recently increased so that's probably causing it.

Like anything else, if it carries on, ask your GP.

Pip

strat61
15-08-13, 18:31
Hi folks, thanks again for your replies, it helps. Good luck & good health to everyone, including me lol.

Cheers for now
Strat

shedrain
15-08-13, 20:34
Hi folks, thanks again for your replies, it helps. Good luck & good health to everyone, including me lol.

Cheers for now
Strat

You're very welcome. Hope you start to feel a bit better soon!

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Time to update you all.

So about 12 days ago I fell off a bit of a cliff with the anxiety and all of the physical sensations of anxiety came back. The tingling limbs, churning stomach, feeling really on edge all day, chest tightness. Just horrible and it kept getting worse and I was distraught.. So back to the doctors I went.

After consulting with a psychiatrist, my GP prescribed me a small dose of pregabalin on top of the venlafaxine (25mg twice daily). The second day on them most of the symptoms felt like they were subsiding. Now, 7 days in, the last 3 or 4 days have been 100% anxiety free. I have felt completely normal and like my life has come back. It's been amazing and I hope it keeps going like this (touch wood).

Still on 112.5 mg of ven still and not planning on changing that any time soon.

I hope you're all doing well x

strat61
16-08-13, 16:15
Hi shedrain, I tried to get pregablin off my doc he blocked that too, I am going to change my docs next week. How are you finding the meditation? I have been doing a mindfulness course for eight weeks, I think it may be having an effect but it could also be the hypnotherapy. I will try anything to get back to how I used to be.

Cheers for now

Strat

pinkdove
16-08-13, 16:27
hi guys sorry i havent posted recently not been too great but have my scan date which is the 3rd of september so maybe that will shine some light on whats wrong

yesterday i felt very fuzzy headed in the morning and my immediate thought was here i go again down the depression anxiety route but when i went to take my med in the mornigi noticed i had missed wednedsay :blush: ive never done this before but even just a day missed i could feel the effects of it but it has all settled down now

my neighbour has a caravan and has offered to hire it to us next week iis by the coast at lincolnshre so i think well go next saturday for a week at least it will be a break and i could do with the sea air

hope you are all going ok and :hugs: to you all who are still struggling xxxxxx

shedrain
16-08-13, 16:38
Hi shedrain, I tried to get pregablin off my doc he blocked that too, I am going to change my docs next week. How are you finding the meditation? I have been doing a mindfulness course for eight weeks, I think it may be having an effect but it could also be the hypnotherapy. I will try anything to get back to how I used to be.

Cheers for now

Strat

Hi Strat.

The meditation is really helpful - just something I have to do every day to try and keep myself well. It's hard at first to keep the concentration on the practice, but it does get easier!

Things went downhill for me today. Just masses of physical anxiety and feeling on edge this morning... And of course as a result ended up blubbing on the sofa all morning. That's one of the things I find hardest; to have several days of feeling like myself and back to normal - to then drop back down again is something that I find devastating. Catastrophic thoughts galore - 'will I ever get better, I have a week of good and then it all comes crashing down again', 'is suicide the only way out of this?' Of course I know it's catastrophising and this afternoon can almost look back at how I was this morning and laugh at myself a little; when I'm in the moment with that distress though, as I'm sure you all know, it seems so real!

Not sure what this means.. Whether it's a blip or whether it's a sign that I need to increase the pregabalin dose. Not the right thread for those questions but I'll let you all know what's happening!

Still on 112.5mg venlafaxine and still intending to keep on that dose.

We will all get better... It's just a difficult and sometimes long road to get there. It's my personal jihad :-)

Annip
17-08-13, 13:22
Hi all
I'm back off my holidays How are you all doing.
Clio...is your tongue any better. While I was on hols I found I did alot of open mouthed breathing to try and calm myself. Mainly cos my my nose was blocked up from crying.. This made my mouth dry and my tongue started to smart. I sit with cold water in my mouth..could use icecube now I'm back.
Going on hols was difficult. My anxiety was high and had a panic attack. Iwas so looking forward to it. Home now though.
Roxy..what are your symptoms of anxiety?
Shed hoe are you getting on
Anni xx

clio51
17-08-13, 19:11
Hi anni

Awh anni so sorry you had a hard time on hol, we try so hard it exhausts us. There's nothing better than home and all your comforts when you've been away and getting into you own bed is wonderful! Where did you get to ?

No my mouth is as bad as ever! Psychiatrist says it's part of anxiety(I don't know) I've had anxiety for 30 years on and off severe at times but never had this ever another thing I've read is hormonal changes I'm menopausal! Who knows only thing I know is that it's one of the worse things I've every had because it's there constantly feels really sore.

Well my blip as settled mostly, Been on diazepam to few days but stopped it now as feel I can cope better. Psychiatrist is going to be off for few weeks so I was informed weds and if I needed any help was to ring crisis team. Not that they could do much at the end of the day it's only talking and reassurance they give you, because they then tell you to go to your gp
If needed.

Hope everybody is ok and coping. Xx

roxy46
21-08-13, 12:02
Hi all. Hope everyone is well. So on Friday it will be four weeks since my increase to 150mg. For about five days I have felt an improvement. I haven't been looking forward to this week as I'm off work and my mum has gone abroad. Well I was ok over the weekend and Monday and Tuesday I went away to stay with a friend then a day out at a theme park yesterday. I was fine until I was driving home yesterday the the anxiety started to creep in a bit and its there again this morning. It's really worried me that the meds aren't actually working again. Or maybe it's just a blip, still early days I suppose?

Anni my symptoms are tingling in my hands and feet. Upset stomach, hot flushes, sweating Tec. I can cope with that and take betas to help but it's the worrying that's the worst x

Annip
22-08-13, 08:24
Hi all,
Clio glad you've settled a bit. We went to Porthmadog and it just had too many memories of my mum. I had a panic attack and my anxiety was sky high for alot of the time. But starting to feel bit better now.
Roxy..Yes I have tingling..thats from overbreathing. I have sweats and chills. I have constipation or the other. The anxiety sometimes makes my arms, legs, head and stomach really tighten and I can't relax. I can focus on this and try doing my cbt. When that all relaxes thats when my thoughts and worries come in. Do you write your worries down and try and comparmentalize them. I write them on separaTE PIECES OF PAPER and then look at each 1 to see if there is anything I can do about them. If not I try and fold them up and put them away to the back of my head. If I can I try and do something.
Hope you have a better day..you too Clio and everyone else
Anni xxxx

shedrain
22-08-13, 20:57
Hello all!

Hope you're all doing well.

It's my first day back at work tomorrow...!

I was incredibly anxious Sunday/Monday/Tuesday this week.. but the closer I've got to it the less anxious I've got.

Taking a zopiclone tonight just in case.

:hugs: to all of you who are struggling at the moment.

roxy46
22-08-13, 22:35
Good luck shed. I'm sure it will be absolutely fine. If you're anything like me being occupied can only aid your recovery.

Will be thinking you. Let us know how it all goes :) x

Annip
23-08-13, 08:34
good luck shedrain :)

clio51
23-08-13, 21:57
Hope it went well shedrain today and wasn't to anxiety provoking for you. Very well done for even thinking about you going back to work!

How's everybody else?

My son's gone magaluf today aghhhh, so anxiety is up. got to learn to not let it get to me him going away it's is 3 time on is own and I still havnt got used to it. Just that there is so many idiot's out there and all the press going on about kids falling off balconies.
Oh well, need to find distractions for a week.

Xx

shedrain
24-08-13, 19:54
Thank you all!

I got through the day and seemed to manage it quite well (although in the morning I did feel quite spacey from the pregabalin that I'm now taking).

I did catch myself with some anxious thoughts throughout the day but actually managed to distance myself from them. I'm reading a book called 'the happiness trap' which is based on mindfulness and act therapy and it's been really, really helpful in teaching me how to disconnect from my anxious thoughts and disassociate myself with them. So far much more helpful than CBT has been and I recommend everyone buys a copy!

Today I've been feeling a little bit more on edge and the spaciness from the pregabalin is quire tiring and is getting me down a little but I'm still here plodding through.

I hope everyone is doing well. Clio - I'm sure everything will be fine with your son going to magaluf. He'll probably just drink a little bit too much, have a bit of fun and come home with a week long hangover! Nothing any of us have never done! I'm sure he'll know what his true limits are and will behave himself :-)

roxy46
25-08-13, 11:19
Hi all. Just after a little advice if possible. I'm just over four weeks into my increase to 150mg now. At the beginning of this week I had four really good days in a row. Now I feel like I've gone backwards again. My morning anxiety is back with a vengeance. I also feel like some of the side effects of the increase are back, sweating, feeling sick etc. I have also woken up every morning with a banging headache and later in the morning after my tabs I get this weird internal shaky thing. The only way I can describe it is I feel like I'm shaking inside, no-one can see it but i can feel it, a bit like how you can feel after an anaesthetic? I feel wuzzy and medicated.

I'm not sure if I should still be feeling side effects at this point and if my anxiety should have calmed down. Should I ride this out? Feel like the increase isn't working, I had four great days, it's weird.

Feel like i do nothing but moan on here, sorry guys, but Any advice from anytime who's been through this increase would be appreciated xxx

nicola1980
25-08-13, 12:04
Hi roxy, hang on in there hun its still early days for you but its positive news that you've had some good days, its normal to be up and down and takes a while to even out, Im going through a blip at the min after being fine for about 6 weeks :-( I've had the internal shakes too and there horrible, hope this helps x x

roxy46
25-08-13, 15:44
Thanks nicola. Yeah it really does help thank you. It's good to know that the shakes isn't only me. I'm really starting to think that this is related to 'women's problems' (close your ears fellas :)) I had real problems with sweating headaches etc about a month ago. They wore off, I thought side effects of the increase but a month later and perfect timing it's all back again. Worst thing is I just wanna curl up with a duvet and bad telly, but I keep myself on the go all the time trying to stop the anxiety. I can't relax! It's absolutely s##t. Hoping for better days soon.

Really sorry to hear you're having a blip nicola does it happen often? Or is this the first time since you started to feel better? :bighug1: x

nicola1980
25-08-13, 16:27
I've had a few blips which i know is all part of recovery but 6 weeks is the longest I've gone feeling so good so i thought id cracked it :-( when you feel so good you forget the fear anxiety and panic bring so it hits you real hard when it comes back but my sister is very poorly at the min so Im really worried about her and I've been helping her out and i think it all catches up with you, Im really bad around that time of the month too and its been this week aswell so that's not helped! Hang on in there hun it gets better x x

TJSMITH
25-08-13, 17:38
Hi all

Thought I would add a bit seen a gynaecologist last week he confirmed just by my symptoms in menopausal it starts early 40s and anxiety and panic attacks is a common symptom.
I have a week to ten day blip every month he said my hormones all over the place he is now taking me off the pill and putting me on a merina coil with patches. He said he sees this all the time.
It maybe worth you writing down all the symptoms and when it happens.

I will keep you posted. Nic 6 weeks is fab the most I got to is three but feel more positive now xx

roxy46
25-08-13, 17:46
Yeah I know just what you mean. I have gone years feeling really good, almost to the point where I forget I have anxiety. I find it devastating when it comes back. I'm sure you'll come out the other side :)

Have you had any therapy. I had some Cbt group sessions that were really good. But I'm thinking of asking for some counselling/talking therapy as I think I have ed some quite specific issues I need to address (worrying about getting old, the future, losing family members etc) things that are going to happen that I can't do anything about.

Do you think this shaking thing is a medication side effect or anxiety. It feels more like meds to me. It seems strange to be still getting med side effects after four weeks x

karenp
26-08-13, 06:40
Hi every one, I just thought I would drop by and see how every one is doing. Roxy I often worry over losing my parents as I know that will be the day my anxiety really is at it's worst ever so I think it is probs something we all worry over and getting old and wondering how it will effect us. Half the time I don't worry over anything at all and wonder why this depression just will not totally lift like it normally does but subconsciously I guess I am still going through a nasty divorce, I hope you feel so much better soon darl xxx (I tried Ven last year but ended up on Escitalopram)
Aw no Nicola, not a blip as you were doing so so well, do you think it is because your little boy is away and post holiday blues? I've felt low all weekend as I have been on my own, William was at his Dads as you know and I'm so broke at the mo as suddenly all my new furniture is to pay for as the divorce has taken so much longer than I ever anticipated and just does not seem to be moving at all, I emailed my solicitor twice last week and haven't heard a thing back. I tried asking Anthony for 15 hundred quid to pay for my leather sofas out of our bank accounts but of course he said NO WAY! What did I expect really though?
Any how I hope very one is ok, my cousin Bev has been on Ven for 4 years now and is perfect she says but it did take time xxxx

Annip
26-08-13, 15:08
Hi all. Just after a little advice if possible. I'm just over four weeks into my increase to 150mg now. At the beginning of this week I had four really good days in a row. Now I feel like I've gone backwards again. My morning anxiety is back with a vengeance. I also feel like some of the side effects of the increase are back, sweating, feeling sick etc. I have also woken up every morning with a banging headache and later in the morning after my tabs I get this weird internal shaky thing. The only way I can describe it is I feel like I'm shaking inside, no-one can see it but i can feel it, a bit like how you can feel after an anaesthetic? I feel wuzzy and medicated.

I'm not sure if I should still be feeling side effects at this point and if my anxiety should have calmed down. Should I ride this out? Feel like the increase isn't working, I had four great days, it's weird.
Feel like i do nothing but moan on here, sorry guys, but Any advice from anytime who's been through this increase would be appreciated xxx
Hi Roxy...yes I get those shakes and sometimes I feel like my arms legs and head are too heavy...especially my head. I also feel quite tight chested and feel as if I can't fill my lungs. I.m not sure if this from the ven or anxiety.
Anni xx x

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

Hi Roxy
yes I get those strange shakes and sometimes a feeling that my head is too heavy to hold up. I wonder if its meds or the anxiety?
Anni xxx

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

Good to hear that something is happening for you Tracey xx

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Hi shedrain,
I think you are doing really well. Can you let me know more about the book..the happiness trap.
Do you feel much better now?
anni

roxy46
26-08-13, 16:12
Thanks everyone. All your comments, well wishes are much appreciated. I've actually managed to relax a little in the sun this afternoon which is a miracle at the moment. It might nit last but it's felt nice x hope everyone else is ok :)

clio51
26-08-13, 16:45
Hi all,

The book anni happiness trap I down loaded onto my kindle it's free, I got it ages ago but just glanced through it so might pay more attention to it.

Not in good place at mo, just keep arguing with partner! We are both at home so with each other all the time apart from when he goes speedway,out on his pedal bike,his mates and to see his dad. I have no friends now as I've let them go in the past because of my illness and this suited my partner then as he didn't bother with anything or anybody. But since retiring he has started doing things, at first when I was really bad I didn't like being on my own but he only ever went to speedway on Monday night and I got used to it.

But now when it comes to us going to go somewhere it becomes a big issue where to go? And 9/10 it ends up in an argument!. We don't go out at night as neither of us drink and due to my anxiety don't like the trapped feeling of being in a restaurant/pub it churns my stomach so I'm unable to eat.

So this weekend I've been in tears and feel really down not knowing how to put this right and start to do things together
WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO TOGETHER?

Sorry for the down post. Xxx

hope you are all good or at least coping .xx

Annip
27-08-13, 08:31
Hi Clio,
I can understand how you feel. Are you able to go for walks. We tend to go for a drive somewhere we're not likely to meet anyone. And then have a walk.
I go to my daughters house cos I feel safe there usually.
Do you get no respite from it. I find that in the evenings I start to feel better cos I like to watch the tele and that distracts from it. How long is it since you let your friends go. can you e mail them. Or just start with 1. yesterday we took my dad out for lunch...I found it very difficult but kept practising cbt. I did have to go out in the end and sit in the car. Where ever We go I always plan escape routes.
Its hard when you argue with your safe person too. And remember your anxiety is high cos your son is away. My axiety made me feel very angry yesterday and I took it out on a pillow then collapsed exhausted..that was the fight in me. was still anxious though.
I havn't got a kindle. When I looked on Amazon yesterday there were severral books with same name.
make it up with your hubbie cos if things arn't right with him it won't be right at al
:hugs: Anni

clio51
27-08-13, 23:40
Hi anni,

Much better day today! We went to Manchester airport, at the back there they have a viewing area.
First we went for coffee at the pub very near to airport, Sat outside was fine as only a few PEEP there. We went then to watch the planes take off, you are literally about 200 yards away you can just about see the pilot through there tiny window it fantastic watching them take off. It reminds me off when I used to go!
After that walking back to the car there was some blackberry bushes so picked loads of them
No anxiety at all just tired when we got back.

I've not spoken to any of my friends round where I live for 2/3 years and just dread bumping into them ie supermarket.
Yer my anxiety usually is much better in the afternoon and like you I enjoy the tv at night
Love my soaps!!

It's such a battle this anxiety up and down, never known anything that takes as much effort as anxiety!
That book is by Russ Harris.

It's nice you can go to your daughters and feel relaxed there. Take care anni xc

Roxy, as your chest infection gone now? Great you were able to go into the garden and feel the sun on you and best of all relaxing yerrrrr

Nicola, you still okay? Still on a roll him

Take care all xxx

Annip
28-08-13, 07:42
Hi Clio
Thats brilliant. You must be so pleased with yourself. I went to MIND yesterday. It was difficult to get in there but the lady was very nice even though I was in tears most of the time. I am going to go there again. Then went to my daughters in the afternoon and had had good natter so that was nice. Bit anxious today cos going to my friends house and staying there without hubbie...but she's a good natterer.
Hope everyone else is getting on ok.
Anni xxxxxxx

roxy46
28-08-13, 16:40
Clio.

That sounds like a really big step for you. You should try and do something as often as you can, it will become easier. Are you able to take up anything on your own as well as trying to get out with your partner, swimming maybe or a class of some kind? I've recently been looking at some meditation classes in my local town, really not my kind of thing usually but thinking of giving it a go.

I am the complete opposite with my anxiety, I make myself do things all the time, but when I'm really bad I just don't enjoy what I'm doing, it's sad. I need to be able to to do more sitting in front of the soaps rather than running around like a headless chicken all the time.

My chest infection is all clear and after a week off (which I was dreading) I manged four days of no anxiety then had the end of the week with anxiety on the mornings and evenings. I'm back at work now, I'm fine during the day, but still suffering in a morning and in the evening. Although not crippling anxiety so I'm pushing through it. The things I worry about are still there, but I'm not thinking about them as much.

I'm at the gp in a couple of weeks, I'm thinking of asking of I can be referred for some talking therapy to try and address my particular worries etc.

The weekend will be my next test, being off work. I'm going to have to get over this at some point though. I can't only be ok when I'm working, what the hell will I do when I retire! I'll be the only person in the world not looking forward to retirement!

How's everyone else doing today? Xx

Annip
30-08-13, 11:05
Hi all
well I got to The Mind place. It was a struggle but once I got in it was ok. It was a craft session but some of the ladies just had a chat. Kept me distracted. Strange though as soon as I came out the floodgates opened and my anxiety was pretty bad after that. Calmed down later but went to sleep at 7.00 on and off through evening which means I was awake really early this morning doh
How are you Roxy and Clioxxxx

roxy46
30-08-13, 19:03
Hi all. So today is five weeks on 150mg for me and I can honestly say I don't feel any better. I phoned the doc today to get a prescription whilst I was on the phone I told him I didn't feel good and he said I should be noticing an improvement by now which has got me worrying. See my usual doc next Friday, so will see what he says then x hope your all ok

clio51
30-08-13, 19:36
Aw anni don't focus on the being upset, you WENT well done ! I'm going to the mind centre in Nov for anxiety/stress course once a week for 6 weeks they rang today,I went about 2/3 months ago for an assessment. Everybody waiting list is sooo long isn't it.
You probably was shattered because of the crying and the effort it took to go there.
We will get there one day! Do you ever think it could be menopause( soz if your not) making it worse, I definitely do.

Roxy, is it anxiety that's not any better or depression? God wish I could just make myself do things(but then you are a lot younger than me) this anxiety stops me doing things as I feel so anxious I can't relax and then it takes so much effort that after I'm so tired.
I'm thinking of going yoga for back pain, thing is its on Sat morning at 10 and I'm absolutely terrible at getting up. I wake about 6/7 and turn over and don't wake then till 9/10 am
So dry run tomorrow!!
5 weeks is still early days roxy I stay it took a few months for me to notice any difference,but you have been on it before have you been on 150mg before?
Get your feet up tonight and watch the tv!

Hope all are well xx

Annip
01-09-13, 07:17
Hi roxy and Clio
Yes waiting lists are long which makes it difficult. I find it difficult finding the motivation to do stuff and I am tired all the time.
Roxy...still early days hun .
I had lazy day yesterday but it makes anxiety high unless I can distract myself.
:hugs: to all anni xxx

Tony52
03-09-13, 22:51
Hi again Everyone,
been over here in Spain for a while and feeling great.
I see there are some new 'faces' on here as well as very familiar ones.
I have had anxiety/depression on and off for about 20 years now,and ven worked twice for me,and I gave it a good go on the third time but it didn't work.
What I'm saying is that it's a life saver if it is the med for you at the time.
I am now on mertazapine 15mg this time and it is working.
I don't even feel as I am on a med.
Sometimes wake up a bit anxious about silly little things that just dissappear once I'm up and start moving.
I could have had 'Serotonin syndrome',way back to 2012 and into Jan 2013 when I was just not getting better,and feeling worse and at my lowest ebb ever in the first week of January.
That conclusion came after my first ever appointment with a psych in all my years of this illness.
I have been on at least half dozen meds over the years and I know now that one med will be O.K. on one occasion ,but maybe not at the next one,a year or two later,maybe yes.
I have always had a positive attitude, even in my darkest hours and I have always come through it.
We will all get there in the end,and life does get back to normal,and definately worth living.
Best wishes to all of us who are feeling good,or still going through a hard time. Tony
:bighug1:

pinkdove
05-09-13, 15:20
hi guys nice to hear from you toni you sound so positive have a great time in spain

well ive a lot to post was taken into hospital on saturday 24th august with pancreatis and gallstones so painfull was kept in till last thursday was really poorly and needed the time in hospital

i am going back in on monday to have my gallbladder removed and lthough im apprehensive about it i know i need to have it done its just the general anasthetic im scared about but they know what they are doing so im not going to worry too much till sunday when i will be brickin it big style

i dont know what to say about ven anymore but i have coped with everything that life has thrown at me and that has been a lot this year and i really think a combination of the ven and sheer determination to get rid of this horrible anxiety has pulled me through

tony i think when i was on 150mg of ven i may have had a bit of serotonin syndrome as i feel much better on the lower dose

:hugs: to all of you and think of me on monday i will post and let you all know how i get on xxxx

Tony52
05-09-13, 21:34
Pink.........Thinking of you whenever I feel a little bit down,cos I know I will feel better.
Your strength and determination to get through it all will get you through next Sunday and Monday, and you will wake up and know you have got through this latest ordeal.
All these can work wonders as I have found out.
Over half a million hits on this thread now and loads of us getting support from it.
Best wishes to you Pink, and anyone else who is suffering one way or another on here. :bighug1:

clio51
05-09-13, 22:17
Hi pink,

Aghhh you must of been in agony! Glad your bit better. You will be fine on Monday it's all the anticipation that makes us scared.
My sister had to have her gallbladder out last year, she was sore after but fine and you will be your a strong lady.

Tony,
nice to hear from you,glad everything is still well with yourself. Back in Spain must be good to have a choice you lucky thing!

I'm a not good at mo, got bad sore throat and feel achey im 4 days in now! Taking paracetamol. This is testing my anxiety because I hate being ill makes you feel down.
Apart from the illness I'm ok.

hope all is well with everyone else. X

Annip
06-09-13, 08:34
Hi All
Good to hear from you Tony and you sound so well. Could some one explain serotin syndrome to me and what it does.
Pink you reall have gone through the mill. I know quite a few people who have had their gall bladders out and been absolutely fine...as you will. Goog luck and get well soon. Will be thinking about you on Monday xxxxxxxxx
Clio..hope you feel better soon.xxx
I have been getting out and about a bit more. Went to Mind again yesterday to the art and craft session. Felt very proud as I went in by mysel..bit of an ordeal ..felt bit anxious but it did pass.
Keep it up everyone and keep posting xxxxx anni

Tony52
06-09-13, 10:25
Hi again All,
Pink........as Annip was saying,I also know a couple of people had their gall bladders out and been fine. One friend was only in his 30's at the time after suffering with gall stones a lot.
Hope you start feeling better soon clio. :hugs:

Annip..........You seem to be doing very well. Great to hear. Serotonin Syndrome is on all the leaflets with the Ven.
It's basically too much serotonin in your system and can make you feel worse, amongst a whole load of other things.
When I had my psych consultation just a week after coming off Ven 187.5 mg completely,I was about 90% my normal self. Noticed a differance in just one day after coming off ven.
Ven had worked twice before but I'd given it about 8 months I think on various doses,but in early January, I was at my lowest ebb.
The local NHS I was really pleased with this time with my GP taking me off Ven and on mertazapine 15 mg 5 days later.
I can honestly say I do not feel I am on meds at all,and no efects even if I miss a dose.
Obviously to me and the psych ,coming off Ven straight away and feeling a lot better is a sign that Ven wasn't doing me any good at all on this occasion.
Hope we are all feeling good today,and anyone who isn't,things will get better.

:hugs:

pinkdove
06-09-13, 10:44
thank you tony clio anni you have really helped me i dont always feel strong and right now i feel a wee bit down but i know i will bounce back when the op is over

im thinking about going out for lunch today although its heavy rain here today maybe a change of scenery will do me good

clio how are you coping now hun xx

anni you sound mre positive and well done on getting to mind on your own xx

tony spain must be a lovely place to relax ive never been but i can imagine it to be laid back and relaxing you have been an inspiration to a lot of people on here too and its really nice to hear you are still doing well xx

Pipkin
06-09-13, 12:55
Pink - did you get my emails? I've been worrying about you missus!

P x

pinkdove
06-09-13, 14:37
pip will email you now xxx

Pipkin
06-09-13, 16:28
Got ya!

xxx

clio51
08-09-13, 14:39
Hi all,

not good last few days many many thoughts creeping in!! They are scaring me to death.
How can you have better days then wham your down again, these thoughts have come from me being ill with sore throat/cold and my mouth symptoms are driving me to despair!

I'm trying to say there just stories my mind is making up and trying to keep occupied as can't do to much as I feel absolutely drained.

Can thoughts or your mind make you feel ill as in achey/drained my arms and legs feel like I've no energy in them? Or is this the cold making me like this? I am sooo confused about something so trivial. I keep saying to myself come on its in the mind but is it? Or is it me ill achey etc. The thoughts /symptoms are continuous all day havnt got strength/enthusiasm for anything even food I'm having to really push myself to eat.

Sorry for the down posts guys just need some support right now. Feel as if I'm about to burst into tears about symptoms the way I feel.

Take care everyone. Xxxxx

Update
pushed myself to go into garden as sitting down isn't doing it for me to many thoughts going round my head. Did few jobs tinkling about but felt low and really no enthusiasm but carried on regardless.

Now comes tea time and straight away the thought I don't want it! And the pit feeling in my stomach.
Really pushed myself to eat it and didn't enjoy it. Thought of taking diazepam but you can't take them for the thoughts that are going round my head and feeling down? Can't concentrate on tv right now.

Oh God why, just trying not to start crying and worrying my partner again he's already got enough to put up with his dad's Alzheimer.

pinkdove
08-09-13, 21:01
:hugs: for you clio im so sorry you are having a tough time i know exactly what you are going through i remember it well

but its a blip hun and when we feel ill our anxiety just seems to escalte so im sure when you feel better in yourself your thoughts and anxiety will get better too

if you need to take diazapam just to get you through it will help settle you you know this will pass so try to go with it and not give in to it

hope you feel better soon xxxx

clio51
08-09-13, 22:00
Thanks pink, I know you've got a lot on your plate at the moment going into hospital tomorrow.

How's your anxiety tonight? How are you coping, can you manage to switch of from it?

I can't understand why it's made me feel like this! A few symptoms and feeling I'll and wham it's knocked me for six my mind won't shut off.
I'm becoming snappy and offhand.

Anyway no dwelling, my thoughts will be with you tomoz pink xxx

Annip
09-09-13, 09:13
Clio..feeling low because you feel ill will have done this to you. Once you start to feel better you will start to pick up. Nobody feels good when they are ill and the anxiety exaggerates the symptoms. You got out in the garden...that was an achievement. I sat and watched tele. Keep strong..cos you are xxxxxxx
Thinking about you today Pink many:) and :hugs:

clio51
09-09-13, 10:03
Thanks Annie,

How are you managing? Read you went to mind great:)
Are you still on your own during the day hubby not with you?

Past few days I've woke with a feeling in my chest/stomach can't really explain it like a draining feeling as if something is leaving me! Like in the pit of your stomach. Can't explain it?
Woke at 5am with a massive headache still got it now.

How's everybody else? Looks like is just me and you Annie.

Tony52
09-09-13, 14:03
Hi to All out there,
Annip and clio.................looks like it is just the two of you..........and me, around at the moment.
Hello and best wishes to you both and hope you are starting to feel better clio.

Pink..............thinking of you today and look forward to seeing your posts on here again soon.
:yesyes:

Pipkin
09-09-13, 18:32
Pink - I hope it went well. I've been thinking about you all day. Great big :hugs: and get well soon from all your ven buddies.

Pip xxxxxx

clio51
09-09-13, 22:25
Hi Tony,
Hope all is well with you still? How long you over in Spain for this time.

Pink. Hope all went well and wish you a speedy recovery xx

Annip
10-09-13, 08:55
Hi
Yes ..people on here seem to be getting thin on the ground.
Hope you are feeling better Clio.
Yes I got to Mind. Laies there are very nic..al very understanding as obviously they are in the same boat. My hubbie takes me but the aim is to get there by myself eventually. He has finished work now so is here all the time. I can stay on my own in the afternoons and evenings so he does stuff then.
Each day I try and do something that pushes me a bit. Yesterday I made an important phone call...I hate making phone calls but I was pleased I'd done it.
Tony..bet its nice and warm over there. Getting chilly here now..especially in the mornings.
If by any chance you look on here today Pink hope you're not too sore today and wishing you a speedy recovery xxx
:yesyes: to all xxx

pinkdove
10-09-13, 15:32
hi guys was in hospial for 730am and was 1st in theatre for 830am woke up in recovery to be told the operation had to be stopped as i had an anafletic shock a bad reaction to the anastetic

they had made four insertions in my abdomen and inserted the probes but had to stop as it would have been too dangerous to continue

spent last night in the high dependancy unit being well looked after will be back in about 4 weeks time and will have the gallblader removed once they are satisfied what caused the reaction

so feeling sore now but gallbladder swollen and full of stones still intact so pretty fed up but coping

thanks to you all for your concern

pip have emailed you

clio hope you are feeling a bit better hun xxx

clio51
10-09-13, 18:20
OMG pink, good job you were asleep hun that would of scared you to death!
My sister as had a few of those and it's a 999 job straight into resuss.

Bet your really fed up going through all the anticipation worry and then bloody nothing at the end of it(well you have 4 holes)
Put you feet up and let hubby look after you, and take it easy.
Thinking of you:flowers::bighug1:

I've been to doctors today about my throat, she couldnt find any infection said it may be viral. Also mentioned my mouth symptoms and I said I didn't think anybody was taking them seriously and just saying burning mouth syndrome oh didn't get much reaction from her neither! She asked me what consultant had said who said nothing serious wrong in my mouth and maybe nortriptyline might help. She said I'm on venlafaxine and not with that!
I'm still got that anxious sickly feeling and how times when I just feel an emotion come over me where I could just start crying doesn't matter where I am shops, out etc then the thoughts start! I've been crying today and my partner says come on look what you've got think of those on their streets. But it doesn't work like that, what about all those celebs with money big houses they still have mental health problems.
Well mht worker is coming tomorrow havnt seen him for 3mths so going to tell him how I am again, it was only month ago I had my last dip.

Anyway! Hope all is well with everyone else and your doing good, Annie are thing's any better for you now? Xx

shedrain
11-09-13, 11:09
Hello All!

So sorry it has been so long since I have posted. Must be 2 or 3 weeks now!

Pink - I hope you're doing OK. Good wishes and internet hugs on their way to you.

News from my end - I've been back in full time work for 2 weeks and I'm now sunning myself (as I type) in Tunisia.

I seem to have settled on the medication now. 175mg of pregabalin and 112.5mg of ven which I now take all of in the morning.

I've found the CBT nearly useless for me but got into ACT therapy after keithwms put me onto it. It's based on mindfulness and has bee wonderful for me. I still get anxious but I'm learning to truly accept it and embrace it. As a by product of this I have found that I've been getting less and less anxious. I no longer get scared when the anxiety comes and as a result it doesn't escalate beyond the original anxiety symptom. It's going well at the moment.

As a result of the way I have got on with mindfulness And with a little push from my CBT therapist, I have started to investigate buddhism - already got through a 400 page book. It's like an expansion of mindfulness with more depth and clarity for me. Still reading, investigating and meditating.

Keep well all xxxxxx

clio51
11-09-13, 12:44
Wow! Shed you sound really good and to get to Tunisia as well fab, glad you've managed to get it under control. I could do with some info on how and what you do and how you've managed that in such a short time?

Don't get to much Sun! It's peeing it down here have a good goal. X

Was wondering what's happened to everyone!

nicola1980
11-09-13, 18:32
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted for a while but things have been rather hectic here, my sister found out she was unexpectedly pregnant which is fantastic news and is very much wanted but her doctor decided to take her cold turkey off her current AD which as you can imagine didn't go very well, she suffered severe withdrawal symptoms and was refered to the peri natal team who deal with pregnant women with mental health problems, eventually she has been started on another AD which is pregnancy safe so she has had to go through side effects of that too aswel as looking after a 6 year old and working so ive been busy supporting her and helping her out as much as I can, shes eventually getting there now but still has another increase in her meds to do but fingers crossed shes over the worst, it really is awful watching someone you love go through something so traumatic and it really brought home to me how my family must have felt when I was at my worst, if I could have took it all away from her I really would have done as it broke my heart seeing her suffer and I couldn't do anything apart from hold her and reassure her she would be ok, shes now signed off work and we're all rallying round helping but I must say im soooooo excited at being an Auntie again. Pinkdove Im so sorry to hear what you've been going through i hope they sort you out soon, sending you lots of love and hugs. Clio it sounds like your having it tough too at the min, this illness is full of ups and downs, maybe you would benefit fro a slight increase? I take 187.5mg and seem to have eventually settled on that dose, i hope you start to feel
better soon, Anni how are you? Sending everybody else lots of love and hugs x x x

Annip
12-09-13, 09:21
Hi good to hear from lots of you.
Pink..what a dreadful thing to happen. Are they going to do tests to find out why it happened. How are you feeling?
Shedrain..you sound very strong and thats brilliant. I have tried just getting on with things with the anxiety hovering. I can manage sometimes and I am pushing myself a little most days to do something out of my comfort zone.. I sent off for the book you suggested but not started it yet but am keen to get going.
Clio :hugs:for you. You will get stronger though cos you have before. I know its dis-heartening to go backwards..I've been there too. But when you feel better your mind will be stronger. I do the weepy thing...always have. Sometimes I just let it all come out and cry for as long as it takes.
Nicola...wonderful news for you and your family..something so special to look forward to.
I still have quite anxious moments but I try and carry on regardless. every morning they come but I get better through the day. My sister in law sent me a lovely thought the other day that I thought I'd share. She said Don't allow others to influence your thoughts of who you should be or what you should be doing. You are who you areand doing your best. Don't compare your progress or coping skills with anyone, comparison is the theif of joy. Focuus on what you can control.
Love and peace to you all today
Anni xxxx

shedrain
12-09-13, 10:04
Hi good to hear from lots of you.
Pink..what a dreadful thing to happen. Are they going to do tests to find out why it happened. How are you feeling?
Shedrain..you sound very strong and thats brilliant. I have tried just getting on with things with the anxiety hovering. I can manage sometimes and I am pushing myself a little most days to do something out of my comfort zone.. I sent off for the book you suggested but not started it yet but am keen to get going.
Clio :hugs:for you. You will get stronger though cos you have before. I know its dis-heartening to go backwards..I've been there too. But when you feel better your mind will be stronger. I do the weepy thing...always have. Sometimes I just let it all come out and cry for as long as it takes.
Nicola...wonderful news for you and your family..something so special to look forward to.
I still have quite anxious moments but I try and carry on regardless. every morning they come but I get better through the day. My sister in law sent me a lovely thought the other day that I thought I'd share. She said Don't allow others to influence your thoughts of who you should be or what you should be doing. You are who you areand doing your best. Don't compare your progress or coping skills with anyone, comparison is the theif of joy. Focuus on what you can control.
Love and peace to you all today
Anni xxxx

Thanks Anni :)

When you get the book really concentrate on folowing the instructions all of the time, even when you really don't want to. I found it really, really helped.

Still... of course I expect blips and I'm realistic in my expectations that to truly recover from this will take time and I'll probably have to follow mindfulness practices from this point onwards to make sure I don't let it happens again.

Please let me know how you get on.

xx

pinkdove
12-09-13, 12:44
hi guys still very sore and really dissapointed that i have to go in again to have the op done

i might have to go back as an outpateint to find out about the allergy if the tests they took in hospital are inconclusive i dont fancy that either

nicola sood news about your sister and the baby i hope she feels better soon and well done to you for helping her xx

clio yea your right hun just 4 sore holes lol and still a gallbladder sorry your still having a tough time it just seems to go on and on for you especially this throat and mouth thing and i know what its like when people are trying to help but if you havent been through it it really is hard to understand im sure your partner is trying his best hun xx

shed you are just an inspiration well done you and thanks for your kind words
back in full time work wow and in tunisia just think how far youve come with sheer determination and self belief i really wish you well let us know how the meditation goes xx

anni how are you doing hun you sound a bit more positive hope you are doing well xx

pip how are you i might need to call upon you with that frying pan if they cant get me knocked out safely and yes when this is ll over i really am going to get away somewhere anywhere let me know how you are doing xxx

:hugs: to you all just signing off for yet another wee lie down got to get my strength back for round 2 xxxx

clio51
12-09-13, 22:53
Hi pink,

Hope it's getting a little easier for you,and yes take it easy! Xxx

Anni, you sound in good spirits luv,keep it going. You been to the crafts this week more so have you made anything? How did it go at the doctors are you still taking diazepam..

Nicola, that's a lovely surprise for your family, when's the due date
You seem to be doing really well on 187.5, how's the anxiety as it gone now?
Sounds like your sister been through the mill hun, hope she's settled back now to cope with that and pregnancy doesn't bare thinking about.

I'm feeling slightly better now, not as anxious and not as many thoughts setting my anxiety off.Just been keeping busy and trying not to pay it attention.
Having a meeting with psych,mh worker think my mh worker wants to finished me with services. He thinks I might be to reliaant on them and see them as a safety net. Which I don't as i havnt contacted them in over 10 weeks, but have been with them for nearly 2 years I think.
So will see.

Hope all is still well with everyone else. Xxx keep strong

nicola1980
12-09-13, 23:27
Hi all, Pink i hope your resting up and taking it easy Mrs! Shed its fantastic news your feeling so well :yesyes: Anni it sounds like your getting there hun, maybe you could just increase to 187.5mg like i did? are you still on the diazepam too? Clio the baby is due late march she's now 13 weeks and getting a lovely little bump :D she's still not great but slowly she's getting there, she's got 1 last increase in her AD to do and, then hopefully she'll feel alot better, i stopped seeing my cpn a couple of months ago as i felt she wasn't helping me and instead of encouraging me to go out and do stuff she used to say i was d oing too much? :shrug: my anxiety seems pretty much under control at the min and its the most stable I've felt in the past years so fingers crossed, i think venlafaxine is a very good med but in my opinion is is quite slow acting? Hope everyone else is ok :bighug1: to everyone x x x

Annip
15-09-13, 14:43
Hi all
Yes I'm still on the diazepam Clio. How can they take away your mh worker and just leave you. You are having problems so surely they have an obligation to you until you feel better. Doesn't matter if you do see them as a safety net or not...if they are of help then they should remain.
Nicola..glad you're feeling good. Are you having no anxiety at all on the 185mg. I still get anxious but I can push the symptoms away sometimes. The anxiety comes more when I have to do something out of my comfort zone..and in a morning. Still have quite weepy moments.
Pink..hope you are taking it easy and that they sort something for you soon
Keep happy everyone :) anni xxx

pinkdove
20-09-13, 22:20
update john had to rush me to a&e sunday morning at 6am pancreatis came back vith avengance didnt have to wait was seen straight away ecg done hooked up to drips and morphine given now i cant remember much between then and tues when i had the op it should have been an hour but took three and a half

i was looked after by a proffesor lodge and my care was amazing got discharged today minus one gallbladder a ble duct repair and stones removed from the pancreas walked out feelin much better than when i went in

feeling a bit sore but ill cope my family has been amazin although i must admit i really had them worried i dont have whie coat syndrome anymore i cant praise the nhs enough and even although im an anxiety sufferer i got through it

hope you are all doing ok just thought you might like an update

take care xxxx

clio51
20-09-13, 22:29
Bloody he'll pink you don't do things by half do you!

Glad everything went well this time round and you are back home now in your home comforts.
Get plenty of rest, odd glass of wine and plenty of chocs.

Hope everyone is well and coping, take care all xxxx

Pipkin
20-09-13, 23:05
Pink,

Anything to cause a bit of drama! You've really been through the mill but at least it's over now and sooner than you thought.

You've done so well - I can't believe the change in you over the last 18 months - it's amazing. What a superstar!!

Big hugs and get well soon

I'll email you over the weekend to check in how you're doing

Pip xxxxxxc

nicola1980
21-09-13, 00:34
BLimey Pinkdove your certainly going through the mill at the min but thank goodness its all done and over with, well done for coping and i wish you a speedy recovery, lots of love and sending a :bighug1: get lots of rest x x x

pammybelfast
21-09-13, 16:41
How everyone getting one, I have just started 75mg xl

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Sending you get well wishes pinkdove :hugs: xxx

shadowstriker
23-09-13, 17:11
I'm on xl and normal 75mg xl 37.5 normal at night just makes me more anxious and giving me constipation

Annip
24-09-13, 09:11
Pink....wow, you have been through it. A good story line for Holby city I think !!! But glad its all over now for you and all you have to do is put your feet up and recover and take it easy. Glad you've got the family around you. Take care and hope you have a speedy recovery xxxxx anni

clio51
24-09-13, 17:25
Hi anni

How goes it for you hun?, still doing your class at mind?
As your anxiety lessened on a day now.

Well I've decided I need to get out more to integrate with people! (As I have issues with people even family)

So I've been trawling the internet for groups round my area, well not a lot at mind in my area just counselling and anxiety/stress management and couple of others. The only other thing was cake decorating! I'm not a baker.
Yet in the nearby town which doesn't come under the same council as me, they do all sorts of things but I can't go because I don't live in the district council funding.

So Monday rang age uk (you only have to be 50+) they did exercise/relaxation class, so off I went partner dropped me off. It was chair based and there was about 10 of us lasted an hour.
Don't think I'm ready for that yet!(even though I ache each day) most were 60+

Then today went to card making class,was fine went on my own drove there.
Again about 10 of us, felt like the adrenaline was building up and I got the oh no!
So concentrated on the card glueing/sticking etc and it went. It's £10 a class everything included and made 5 diff cards, don't think I can go every week so every other that way it's not to expensive. Really enjoyed it! But came home shattered yawning all the time and feel a bit heavy chested breathing wise.

Sat I'm going to try yoga for backs/mindfulness (backache I get a lot)
BUT it's 10am and I struggle mornings so will see but that my next concer.

Pink, hope your on the mend now. Xx

pinkdove
25-09-13, 13:33
thanks for all your get well wishes im on the mend now and taking things easy

clio you are doig fantastic going out to the classes on your own maybe the yoga will be good for you chill you out hope it goes well

anni thanks hunni yea it would make a good storyline for holby lol just glad its over with how are you doing hope things are a bit easier for you now

nicola hope you are feeling a bit better now too hun take it easy and get pampered i think we deserve it xx

pip ive emailed you xx

just thinking about the purpose of this thread and venlafaxine for anyone reading this i have to say that this med has been by far the best med i have ever taken its not a quick fix but for me its been a lifesaver along with some self help and determination

for those of my ven buddies who know what i was like a couple of years ago i have to say i am better than i was when i was well if that makes sense

i have coped with more than i ever thought possible and i want you all to know that you can get your life back and more hang on in there if your still struggling fight if your strong enough and go with it if your having a blip

life does get better and it will for you too xxxx

Pipkin
25-09-13, 13:38
just thinking about the purpose of this thread and venlafaxine for anyone reading this i have to say that this med has been by far the best med i have ever taken its not a quick fix but for me its been a lifesaver along with some self help and determination

for those of my ven buddies who know what i was like a couple of years ago i have to say i am better than i was when i was well if that makes sense

i have coped with more than i ever thought possible and i want you all to know that you can get your life back and more hang on in there if your still struggling fight if your strong enough and go with it if your having a blip

life does get better and it will for you too xxxx

I couldn't agree more. It may not work for everyone but, with some serious determination, it can give you your life back.

I'm not saying I don't get any anxiety at all but, when I do, it's much easier to deal with.

Pip xx

pinkdove
25-09-13, 16:13
in a nutshell pip xxxxx

clio51
26-09-13, 00:25
Thanks pink!

But spoke to soon!
Today as been horrible, don't know if it was because my support worker was coming early 11(that's early for me as I'm terrible in the morning)
So by the time he got to my house I'd been to the toilet twice! Had that sickly feeling and all the time he was here I wasn't really interested because I didn't feel with it. I told him venlafaxine as helped with depression but not anxiety. So now we are having a meeting me,him and psych, he wants me out of secondary care now as he feels I look upon it as a safety net and I should take it on myself and get on with it! He also said to not take menoupause lightly, as for some women the anxiety/depression can have a huge effect on your health.

So he'd gone and I felt full of anxiety and adrenalin, so got the Hoover out to get rid off it. Lunch was a battle to get it down(sickly feeling)
Partner suggested going out said yes, but I felt so uptight!
It's like my mind says YOU WILL NOT ENJOY and all the thoughts/sensation really take hold and fuels me.

How do I get passed this!

From coming back I have been horrible, snappy especially with partner.
He is the complete opposite to me really optimistic(to a really annoying degree sometimes) had to take diazepam to calm the anxiety down
He just went out to tennis and left me, then I get the thoughts he doesn't care as long as his life isn't interrupted with.

2 years on and I'm still a nervous wreck some days, perhaps this is the me and I should accept it take the better days with the bad days and get on.

Trying hard not to let it set me back, but the sensation are a constant reminder.

Take care all. Xxx. Seems there's only me not getting there at the mo

pinkdove
26-09-13, 11:28
hi clio it sounds as if your having a really tough time again and my heart goes out to you i know how hard and exhausting it is getting thrugh days like that

have you had your hormone levels checked it might be an idea i think you and i are around the same age and i know i can still feel a bit worse every 28 days or so and i put it down to hormones

when do you see your psych next it seems to me that ven has worked to a certain degree but your anxiety is affecting your life and your relationship

2 years is a long time if you are having some good days or weeks then something is working maybe a change in dose

i wish i could give you some better help but personally i had tp really fight to get back on track and i know that is anyting but easy going out when i really wanted to stay in and coming back exhausted having to mix with people even family when all i wanted was to be on my own getting up early and i could av stayed in bed all day all of these things are hard but i knew i had to take small steps at a time i eventually started to go out on my own just 5 or 10 mins that was the hardest thing as i had agraphobia

clio i think you need to talk about how you feel with your dr or phyc not good adice just being told to get on with it so i hope your meeting is soon

try not to take it personally your partner will be finding it hard to deal with as well im sure he cares but they are not sure how to handle us when we are feeling so bad

take care clio and i hope you are feeling a bit better today xxxxx

Annip
26-09-13, 15:55
Hi All
Pink...hope you are starting to feel better and not in pain any more.
Clio...I think going to Mind has helped me tremendously. The 1 I go to is out of my area but they didn't mind. It helps that they are all in the same boat. Today I went to the craft session and drove there for the first time by myself. I never thought I'd get to that stage and it hasn't been easy but as Pink says sometimes you just have to make yourself. The first time I went I sobbed, shuck, felt sick and breathless but nobody stared, nobody judged..they were kind and gave me support. Each week I have needed less support and I have been determined to do it. The 1 week I turned back to my husband and shook my head cos I didn't think I could do it but I heard 1 of the ladies call my name and say how lovely it was to see me..and that just gave me a spark of courage and in I went. Try and stick at going to your groups and praise yourself for doing it..remember it takes a lot of guts to go and you did that. Well done Clio..hold on to those moments and try not to be too disheartened by the anxiety times...they are just feelings and thoughts and they cannot hurt you. Small steps Clio..and praise yourself for doing them. I think my ven may also be helping me..a partnership, balancing out my mind and physical symptoms. Arn't you on 150mgs...maybe you could go up slightly higher and that might help give you a bit more of a lift. Wishing you well Clio..don't accept defeat...praise yourself for what you can do.
Anni xxxxxxxxx

clio51
30-09-13, 23:32
Or thanks ladies.
Off the diazepam now! Was on it 3 days.

Pink, I have had my hormones checked very low I'm on the menoupause 14 mths with no periods.
It's defo the anxiety that's the worse it as such an impact on me, fuels me with adrenalin which then causes body sensations with then effects my mood and I don't won't to go or see anybody.

Been doctors today just to update her, she just put it on my notes. Don't think she wants to intervene because I'm under the psych, and she what she says when I have this meeting with psych and my care worker but havnt got date yet!

Anni, glad your enjoying your craft class, have you made anything?
I really enjoyed my card making class, we make 5 cards a session for £10. Not sure if I can go every week as that's £40 mth. Wish they did it at mind because like you say they have the same problems, but they seem a good bunch.

Hope you have both had a good weekend, and you pink are getting your strength back after op.

Take care xxxx

pinkdove
01-10-13, 10:18
aw clio i can tell by your post that you are trying so hard and it can be s exhausting i hope you get your appointment soon hun and well done with the diazapam

anni hope you are getting some relief now and well done on atending your classes at mind

well i am feeling loads better now just a bit tired but 2 operations and all the pain will take its toll i know that

had to get the paramedics for johns dad on friday and he was admitted to hospital cant believe this just never stops seems he is sffering bad depression afer losing johns mum in may they put him on citalopram and it had a bad effect on him hes 82 yeard old

he is home now yesterday so just a case of getting a care plan in place and they are saying he needs bereavement councilling

just turned the calendar over to october this morning and apart from an appointment at vets today for rosie its free i only hope it stays that way

:hugs: to you all and hope it quiet on here because everyone is getting better xxx

Annip
01-10-13, 15:06
Hi
Hows things.
Clio...you sound a bit stronger...well done. I'm lucky cos at Mind its all free..except £1 for drinks and biscuit. Yes I hope you get your appointment soon. I had to wait 6 weeks for counselling all the while getting worse..though I must say he has helped. I've also had to wait 6 weeks to see psyc..who I saw today. God it takes it out of you going over the same stuff again..espec as anxiety back. started sat and I had had such a good week. Then like you Pink..my dad has been taken into hospital..yesterday before I recoverd my equilibrium and all i want to do is cry. my breathing is all over the place, I don't want to eat and I feel low.
How are you coping Pink. are you still anxiety free. So sorry about your father in law Pink. My dad has deteriorated since my mum died and that s 2 years ago., infact I'm still trying to come to terms with it.
But as my daughter said to me today...determination not desperation.
:hugs:and :flowers: annip xxx

pinkdove
02-10-13, 11:36
anni sorry to hear about your dad its hard when family is ill and i can make your anxiety soar my anxiety is unbelievably low dont know why but i seem to be coping with everything ife throws at me ust now but fearfull it will return with avengance so today i feel tired and im going to go with it and do nothing but rest and watch old films and use laptop

clio i hope you are feeling a bit better today hun i know you are going through the mill just now

pip are you ok where are you i hope you are just to busy to post but let us know if you are ok you know i worry !!!!

wish i could give you a reason for my feeling so calm and coping so well but i dont understand it myself im calmer that i was before i got ill so i tell myself that going through my breakdown and coming out the other nd has made me stronger and maybe somewhere along the line ive learned some coping mechanisims which unconciencely im using but i know it cant be the meds alone

clio and anni when i read your posts i could have written them myself so things get better but it takes tme and im you will both get there too keep supporting each other :hugs: to you both xxxxx

Pipkin
02-10-13, 18:25
Hi Pink - no need to worry. I'm just having the usual busy week but I'm fine. So glad to see that you're feeling better. It must be time for a weekend away and a glass or two of cava soon!

Pip xxx

clio51
03-10-13, 23:25
Pink,Annie it's horrible when our parents are ill and especially when there taken to hospital.
My mum hated hospitals and suppose was really lucky(or prob stubborn) not to have been admitted. Even when as he was really poorly dying as he managed to still stay in her home till the end.

Pink your doing exceptionally well, the episode you had is that the only time you have suffered anxiety/depression? Great you have realized you need you time, as sometimes we forget about us.
Hope your father in law is getting the help he needs(if that's what he wants) some elderly people don't like opening up and talking.

Anni, hope you managed your crafts this week,it will of been hard again to do this week if your anxiety was still high.
I don't think 6 weeks is long to wait Annie, mine took months! What part do you live I'm in Manchester.
Hope your dad's on the mend now.

I've not been to bad this week, went to card class I'm still bit nervous when I go anxiety is copable and I'm shattered when I come home with all the concentration and being on alert.
This week at the end of class the women next to me said" where do you live" I told her and then she turned to another women and said" Brenda is going your way she will drop you off"
Aghhh! "That's ok isn't it" well what am I supposed to say I'm not a person who can say no
I hate being put in situations.

Anyway, hope all is ok take care xx

Annip
04-10-13, 08:57
well done Brenda you got to the class thats brilliant. How did you feel going in the car with the other person. I coped at the beginning of the week with the anxiety..it was mainly just breathing and shakiness but as you say it makes you think of the symptoms again. I put my best determination on went to the bank, cried but the lady was very good and I had a glass of water and was able to concentrate so I felt a bit better. Now i've gone back to getting the adrenaline which makes me scared and exhausted and cba to do stuff. take care xxxx

simond
04-10-13, 12:43
Hi All,

I have been lurking here for months reading all of your stories and thought I would throw mine into the mix. The more experiences we have the better it is for those in future who might be going through similar experiences.

I have had anxiety issues most of my life (first attack I can remember was around age 4) and now I am nearly 40 but I will keep to the recent stuff not to bore you too much.

I had been on Citalopram for 6 years. Started after a anxiety melt down and was on 20mg for a few years and then 40mg. Around the beginning of the year there were subtle signs that my anxiety might be getting worse but it wasn't until June that I realised I was falling into a hole and facing another melt-down. It is when I am anxious at work that I know I am in trouble as work is generally a "safe-place".

Sometimes I think that initial realisation is the worst and quickly made me depressed on top of anxious. I went to my GP and we decided to change to Venlafaxine as I had been on it many years ago and had good results (managed to go med free for a few years after venlafaxine + cbt).

So I had to come off the Citalopram over 3 weeks. Week of 40Mg every 2nd day, then about a week of 40mg every 3rd day and then about a week of nothing before starting Venlafaxine 37.5 twice daily.

Don't think I have to tell you how difficult changing meds can be. I have come off Venlafaxine in the past using a slow taper with minimal problems but coming off 40Mg of Citalopram in 3 weeks was not fun. Lots of insomnia, crying and generally feeling terrible.

I had to have the whole anxiety talk with my boss, who was understanding but really does not have a clue about anxiety disorders (had not heard of it). I managed to work through the 1st 2 weeks and then the week with no meds I worked from home.

The first few days of Venlafaxine where ok because it cleared up lots of the Citalpram withdrawal symptoms but did little to help on the anxiety side, probably made things worse to the point I was just sitting at my desk for 8 hours counting the minutes. Every move around the office feels like I am in my worst trigger situations. I could have been signed off but then I sit at home and build big scary places in my mind. So even though I go through hell it is probably better (great way of losing a few Kg but would not recommend it as a diet).

Endured 3 weeks and then back to GP who upped my does to 150Mg and I asked for XR. The first few days on 150Mg made me feel so wired I worked from home a few days. After about 2 weeks of 150 (5-6 week of ven) I started to see little improvements and these have continued.

The beginning of this week (6 week on 150) I was feeling much better. Not quite relaxed and myself but feeling positive for the 1st time in months. Then on Tuesday I was walking back to the office after one of my long lunch time walks and I had a massive panic attack out of nowhere. I seldom have actual panic attacks (few times a year) and it completely threw me. I had to dive for the Diazepam as the World was spinning around me out of control.

The rest of the week has not been good :( That panic attack came on soon rapidly it has destroyed any shred of confidence I have built up over the last few months and I feel like I have been pushed back weeks. I guess it is still early days but he negative thoughts are back with a vengeance.

If you have read all of this, well done ;) and thanks. Guess I thought I would share today.

Be Strong
Simon

pinkdove
04-10-13, 18:29
:welcome: simon you have been through the mill too but you sound a positive strong person and as you say it is still early days for you i stopped cit one day and started ven the next i can only imagine the withdrawals coming of 40mg cit well done for that but its reasuring to read that you have come off ven before slowly with minimal problems i dont intend to come off just yet but its nice to know it can be done

i hope you feel better soon and as its worked well for you in the past it will hopefully work just as well this time im sure you will get more replies and help from the other ven buddies take care xx

clio this is my 2nd really bad bout of depression and anxiety but i was only 29 last time and got over it quicker as i had a young son to look after but i have alwayd has anxiety issues most of my adult life

hope you are feeling better and i cant believe that person offered someone a lift with you i would have freaked out too but well done you for coping xx

anni sorry you are having a bad time again it must have been so exhausting for you put your feet up and take it easy xxxx

i have been out for lunch today and shopping going out again tomottow with my son and his partner then shopping to harrogate but im still tired its taking a wee bit longer than i though to get over the op but im sure ill get here xxxx

shedrain
08-10-13, 07:34
Good morning all.

It's getting to the stage that I need to apologize for not being on here more!
Work has been absolutely manic (and I'm still looking at changing jobs).

Anxiety at the moment just isn't a part of my days at all anymore. I still meditate, take the meds (112 venla and 175 pregabalin) and everything seems to be fine (apart from the fact that I'm finding myself not really giving a damn about important things!

Clio - be strong, you can get through it all.

Pink - I hope you're recovering well?

Everyone else - my thoughts are most definitely with you and I hope you're all doing well.
X

strat61
08-10-13, 09:56
Good morning all. does anyone know where I can speak to someone who has medical knowledge of Venlafaxine, as all three Doctors in my surgery know absolutely NOTHING! They just read from their drug bible. In May I
stopped Sertraline 50mg & went on 37.5mg of Ven,twice a day in three days they started working then, after about a month the morning anxiety came back so the doc upped the dose to 112,same thing happened. I am now on 150mg a day & have been for five weeks, now the morning anxiety has returned & sometimes lasts all day. Does anyone think that my doc should have left me on the lower doses for longer? One more thing I have increased sweating literally dripping off of me in the mornings anyone else had this? Sorry to go on but you all know how agitated we can get with this complaint. Good health & good luck to everyone.

Strat61

clio51
08-10-13, 13:08
Hi all

Simon, I think when something happens out of the blue it absolutely throws us! Giving us the chattering mind why this why that. It will settle again in a few days

Strat, sorry can't think of anybody other than gp or crisis team. It's hard to say about doses as what works for one person another it may have the complete opposite, as we're all different. But go back to your gp if the sweating stays that bad.

Pink, hope your still going strong and not over doing it!

Annie, how are you hun? Any change

shed, you sound brilliant, wish I couldn't give a Damn. Carry on doing what your doing
And don't let it all be work! Remember yourself. Great to hear from you.

Not much changed with me, still trying not to think about anxiety. I say to myself I wouldn't let a person treat me like this so neither is anxiety going to. It's a bloody battle.

Still waiting for my assessment with mht worker and psych, I think he will wait till my appointment in Nov might be wrong but will see.

Not going to card group today, I have a massive cold sore on my chin it gross! And I feel a bit off with it too.

So hope all is well with everyone, best wishes to all xxxx

simond
08-10-13, 13:32
Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. Things have been better this week so far.

My wife is away on business and I was really worried about the usual stuff (how will I cope, what if this happens, what if that happens) but I have survived ok so far. With the nice weather in London over the weekend I made myself go out for some long walks to settle my mind and fight my agoraphobia.

Strat, I know how you feel. I know more about venlafaxine than my GP. I ended up telling him things last time. I have not used this myself but Anxiety UK have a "Psychiatry pharmacy helpline" service where members can be put in contact to discuss medication queries. It might be worth a shot. I think membership is £30. I cant post link but it is at anxietyuk .org.uk

Keep well

Simon

shedrain
08-10-13, 18:25
Good morning all. does anyone know where I can speak to someone who has medical knowledge of Venlafaxine, as all three Doctors in my surgery know absolutely NOTHING! They just read from their drug bible. In May I
stopped Sertraline 50mg & went on 37.5mg of Ven,twice a day in three days they started working then, after about a month the morning anxiety came back so the doc upped the dose to 112,same thing happened. I am now on 150mg a day & have been for five weeks, now the morning anxiety has returned & sometimes lasts all day. Does anyone think that my doc should have left me on the lower doses for longer? One more thing I have increased sweating literally dripping off of me in the mornings anyone else had this? Sorry to go on but you all know how agitated we can get with this complaint. Good health & good luck to everyone.

Strat61

Hi strat - I had a similar problem. - then I asked my gp to add in pregabalin and that was really when things started to really get better.

I still do have increased sweating. If the room is just a tiny bit warmer than normal then the sweat just drips off my forehead!

Pipkin
08-10-13, 19:12
Hi Strat,

I think your experience is pretty common and it can take quite a while to settle fully onto a dose - it took me the best part of 3 months. Whether you should have stuck at a lower dose for longer, I couldn't say as everyone's different. Most people settle on 75, 112.5 or 150. Those who've gone higher tend to struggle with the side effects more. I definitely wouldn't give up hope of it working yet.

Not that I claim to be an expert but I've been on ven for a while and have probably read just about everything that's out there about it. The sweating is normal and some people find this worse at 150mg than at lower doses. I've been lucky and escaped that one. The morning anxiety is difficult and, once it starts, I know it's hard to get rid of. Are you taking any other meds to help you with the start-up symptoms?

If there's anything else you want to know, you can ask and I'll help if I can.

Pip

TJSMITH
09-10-13, 21:20
Hi all

It's been a while, first of all pink hope you recovering well??
I'm doing fantastic now anxiety really took a back seat over last couple months finally, wether its the increase of three months ago or new job or both I really don't care it's a fab feeling to be myself again and hope it stays that way.

It's been a long road about 18 months to get to this point and believe me never thought possible so all the people new to this anxiety lark hang on in there.

I have chatted to many wonderful and supportive people on here and would have been an extremely lonely place without you so thank you all that gave me advice when I was down.

I'm still here and check in most days but fingers crossed I remain well for my holiday to Florida in two weeks as that will really be the test.

Hope you all ok and not too Many if any blips xxxx

Pipkin
09-10-13, 21:28
Well done Tracey - that's the best news! I'm sure the meds are helping but keeping busy and a new job are the most important things.

You'll have a lovely time on holiday - I'm not at all jealous :winks:!

Pip xx

nicola1980
10-10-13, 07:17
Hi Tracy that's fantastic :yahoo: i hope you have a wonderful holiday, i was anxiety Free for my holiday and it was a fantastic feeling and i didn't want to come home i was having such a good time! I too have been pretty well lately but I've hit a a blip this week but think I've been over doing things as had alot of family issues the past couple of months so think its my body telling me to slow down so that's what I've done and I've done nothing all week but rest and Im feeling better now for it. Love and hugs to everyone else :bighug1: x x

Annip
10-10-13, 13:57
Hi all
sorry not been on for a while.
Pink are you feeling anxious and depressed again now or is this recovering from op. My mind is not working properly cos of the anxiety!!
shed..good to hear from you again glad you feeling better.
Nicola...sorry you feeling anxious again are you having alot of anxiety. mine is right back up to panic.
can't remember if I told you all my dad is back in hospital...very poorly.
clio sorry you did nt make your craft activity. I tried to get into Mind last thurs and it was so difficult but one of the volunteers sat with me and we talked and that helped and on tues i was able to get in.... i felt stronger then. yet since then i,ve not been so good.
welcome to the 2 new people. let me tell you that ven is a good tablet but it can take a while to kick in.
good news Tracey..
:hugs:to all anni xxx

nicola1980
10-10-13, 14:57
Hi Anni, sorry to hear about your dad how worrying for you so Im not surprised your anxiety is high :bighug1: I've had a much better day after a bad 5 days, this bloody anxiety lark is tiring tho I've been shattered fighting the bloody panic :lac: are you still taking the diazepam Anni? If so does it help still? X x

clio51
10-10-13, 16:05
Hi all,

Tracy, that's fantastic news! Hope the hol goes well (I'm sure it will) you lucky thing Florida.
Keep in touch still xxx

Anni, it will be the worry of your dad and the trips back and forth, try and get some you time chill in front off the tv when you can. What did the psych say?

Nicola, great to see you back on ven forum, your doing great now you must be in more control now with it. The blip will settle as they do, but not quite enough for us sometimes!
Hope yours sister is well with the pregnancy(as she any other children)

Pink, hope everything still well with you?

I'm ok, just times when I do things shopping,cleaning anything really I just feel like I'm full of adrenaline! And my chest as a heavy feeling, it feels like I'm going hundred miles an hour just wish I could relax more !

Hope everyone is coping take care all xx

pinkdove
10-10-13, 17:22
tracey i love to read posts like yours hun i know how long you have been fighting i hope you have a great time in florida you so deserve it :) well done you !!!!

nicola i hope your sister is better now and you have been doing great so you know this blip will pass ive been taking things easy this week i think we can spot the signs when our body is telling us to slow down hope you feel better soon hun xx

anni how is youe dad now i hope he is geting better we are getting a care plan in place for johns dad but he is slowly improving now hope you are doing ok too xx

clio i know the feeling of not being able to relax its exhausting have you tried to play some of the games on here or facebook i find them addictiv and distracting and a good way to relax xx

to the new guys hope you are feeling a bit better now and as anni says ven is a great med but it takes a while to kick in so if you can hang on im there im sure it will work for you i hope so xx

i have been surprisingly calm and am feeling much better after my op still tired but like nicola i rest and have been out and about a lot this week as john has taken some time off work so its been nice to spend some time together

pip i know you are doing ok and busy at work nearly the weekend so you can relax after all that overtime xxx

:hugs: to you all and i agree with tracey this thread has helped me so much and i feel i have made some great friends we have all been on a long journey together but i will try to help the newcomers ina ny way i can just remember it will get better xxxx

nicola1980
10-10-13, 18:31
Hi all, my sister is a lot better now thanks, shes been put on 150mg of imipramine which seems to be doing its job now, shes now 17 weeks pregnant and has a lovely little bump :D she has a 6 year old daughter aswell who is so excited about being a big sister!! its certainly been a tough couple of months for us as a family as you hate seeing someone you love go through such pain but my parents are now relaxing in spain in the sunshine and im relaxing at home with hubby and Jack :D Thanks to everybody for asking :bighug1: this thread has been a lifeline to me and I see you all as friends as we've been through so much together, your all so supportive :bighug1: xxxx

Tony52
10-10-13, 21:22
Hi All,
sorry not been around for a while but still thinking of you all.
Can see just from this page that you are getting better pink,and recovering well from the op.but will look back on all the pages since I was last here early September to see how you all doing.
I'm still doing good and even losing my passport ,and flight and car hire to cancel for visit to Spain was a pain, just took it in my stride and said 'That's life,I can deal with it'.
Found my passport and booked new flight and car hire, and everything was great when I got here about a week later.
Less than a year ago I could not face anything like that and would be contacting the crisis line.
Things will..........and do get better for us all.
Best wishes to you all...............Tony :hugs:

Annip
11-10-13, 09:23
yes a big thank you to you all. Reading your posts have helped me alot. Tony are you completely anxiety free and no symptoms at all. cos thats great. I was completely anxiety free 2 weeks a go. Didin't even think about it. Then bad news about my dad just sent me straight back and into panic mode. then I doubt my tablets then i doubt myself and the scary thoughts come back.
Soooh how to you get yourself back to just background anxiety...which i can cope with.
Clio..yes still taking diaz and I think I should have saved it for the worst times instead of taking it all the time cos it doesn't work in the mornings anymore. I do get better through the day though.
Pink so glad you are getting out and about and sorting out a care plan for your father in law. My dad is certain he doesn't want any care from outside agencies..my daughter is his carer but circumstances are going to change next week and I am so worried about what will happen when he comes out of hospital.
Nicola good news about your sister and so exciting about the baby.
miles of smiles to everyone and good to hear from Simon and Strat xxxx

---------- Post added at 08:23 ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 ----------

forgot to say clio ..pysh is refering me for cbt and other self help groups..can't remember what they are so waiting for that now.xx

clio51
13-10-13, 15:05
:) hi all

Anni, really hope you've settled back down again? and hope your dad's on the mend. Older people are really funny about accepting help, my mum before she died hated the thought of hospitals and wouldn't accepted any help around the house etc. We girls did it, good job there was is 5 of us so we all did a bit. It sounds like you have a mental health system where you live. Twice a week at mind well done! The mind near me does no classes!! only anxiety management,self esteem and confidence(which im going on when its my turn waiting again)

I am still getting anxiety most days, just wish I could accept it. I do get angry with it and then say to myself "its anxiety it won't hurt you". Like most say mornings are the worse, I have a routine in the morning and if I have to go somewhere or do something out of this it really heightens my anxiety. I have to sit for about an hour with a drink before even eating or getting dressed, I think over the years since not working i've developed this, and now anything different affects my anxiety. To think I used to get up at 6am to go to work aghh! This morning wasn't a good start and anxiety was quite high, I have noticed now when like this I great a heavy feeling in my chest and find it hard to motivate/distracted myself without my mind focusing on it and get angry with the bloody anxiety.

Nice to hear from you Tony, you've gone back to Spain at the right time away from all the cold now. You seem to being really great and coping well:)

Hope all is well with everyone ? xx

Annip
17-10-13, 09:27
Hi Clio
how are you doing hun. I have had 2 pretty good days, not saying completley anxiety free but controllable. I went to Mind Tues..poured my heart out..and they were brilliant. I praised myself cos talking in front of a group has always been difficult. saw my dad in hosp and held it together and started to feel better. i keep praising myself even for the smallest things that I do that I find difficult at the mo. I went to my friends house yesterday and I found it difficult but I did it hurrah me. I feel a bit low today but I am determined to turn it round and I am off to mind in half an hour so need to get dressed now.
love anni xxxx

pinkdove
17-10-13, 11:06
hi guys i need your help and advice once again you all know what i have been through this past couple of months so i put a repeat prescription into the gp last week as you all know i use diazapam occasionally
when i went to pick up the script i was told the gp would ring me re the diazapam she did and i was told that they would only prescribe me 14 tabs every 3 months my last prescription for them was in august

i explained that i was nowhere near addicted to them and because of the stress of 2 ops i had taken a few more but she wouldnt budge

now this was the same gp that i rang the day before i was first admitted to hospital to tell her that i was throwing up a lot of brown stuff (sorry) and in excruciating pain at 5pm on that friday night she told me to stop taking the coedine but did not come and see me or ask to to go to the surgery the next day was the start of my gallblader admissions and the pancreatis

i got a letter from my surgeon yesterday a copy of what was sent to my gp and found out that i had a gangerous gallbladder with leasions and was seriouslyill

sorry for the rant anyway i rang the gp agan this moring as i am so mad about the diazapam issue and spoke to another gp and he said that if they prescribe to many it can lead to addiction i am fuly aware of that do you think that 14 in august and then asking for more in october is over prescribing

i found myself complainig about the care i recieved for both my mental illness and my gallbladder problems i dont usually do this but i am so mad he said i could make an official complaint which i am not going to do

mu anxiety is high now because i know they will not give me diazapam when i need it so i am thinking of changing surgery any help would be appreciated as i am working myself up into a frenzy with pure anger xxx

clio51
17-10-13, 19:51
Hi pink,

I'm not surprised your angry! I would be too

The must know from your records you do not abuse them (diazepam) from the amount of times you have requested it. Is the doctor who used to give them you saying this?

14 tablet for 3 mths is only 1 a week errrh! I get there concerns but how can you be addicted using now and again. Did they not read your notes!

That's really bad not coming out to see you or at least telling you to come down straight away and the would see you when you were poorly.

Don't get me going on doctors! My doctor is great with me, even giving me 56 ven to save on prescription charge. When I had telephone consultation with another doctor he said exactly the same so I said my psych said I could have them and I don't abuse them and he gave me 28.

I think there's a doctor's thing going on because last week I put prescription in for effexor and picked them up not looking and they gave me tablets. I rang sainsburys and he said that was on prescription. Long story cut short, another doctor had change all patients on effexor onto tablets cost cutting process. I was fuming and told them so now back on effexor but because of doctor it's cost me £16 in charges plus 56 tablets that I don't use.

So I know exactly how stressed and anxiety prevailing it is for you.

As for what you do only you pink now if you are happy with the care you received with your stomach and now this.
Do you know anybody that goes to the other surgery? Any good doctors, good appointments etc.

Sorry I can't help more, really hope you can get it sorted. Take care hun xxx

Pipkin
17-10-13, 23:15
Pink,

What a pain - you've coped so well and have really taken control of your anxiety. Tbh, I think your GP is completely overreacting. I understand the logic behind it, as we all do, but health care is supposed to be individualised (person-centred care, according to NICE) and your GP isn't taking your own situation into consideration.

Before changing surgeries, I suggest you book an appointment with your GP and calmly explain your situation face to face. If that doesn't get you anywhere, I'd consider changing.

My GP really listens and knows I can be trusted to take my medication seriously and responsibly. You can too but your GP isn't listening or looking at your history. That's what I'd do.

Big hugs and try not to let it make you too anxious. You know you can cope - certainly better than most of us!

Pip xxxx

Annip
18-10-13, 08:50
Dear Pink
I feel so upset and angry for you. Considering how they treated you over the gallbladder incident I think this is so insensitive. I am on Diaz all the time..my doc doesn't think its a prob. I agree with Pip. Make an appoinment with your doc. They know your history and they know what you have been through recently. Explain how you are feeling (well they should know that) but face to face they will see that are struggling and it may help.
Good luck Pink :hugs:anni

nicola1980
18-10-13, 14:58
Hi pink, i would be fuming too, i think alot of gps are having a crack down on diazepam as I've heard this alot, this is a shame as its us people that need it but don't abuse it that suffer, id make an appointment and talk face to face with your gp about this before changing surgeries plus some surgeries have a policy of prescribing no diazepam at all so be careful if you do switch, let us know how you get on x x

pinkdove
18-10-13, 16:39
thanks guys i have made an appointment with one of the partners at the surgery its the 31st october i am going to write down my concerns and talk face to face and see if we can sort something out

my mums gp gives her 28 diazapam on repeat she only uses it occasionally but she can get it when she needs it so i will change to hers if they wont help

pip i am going to write down and say about nice because i agree i should be treated as an individuall and if they cant trust me at 59 years old and 20 years of using diazapm not to abuse it then i give up

i think i should have been given better care and i have had a couple of days with anxiety because im so mad im trying to calm down and put things into prespective tho

thanks again for your support as always at least i might have calmed down before the appontment and can speak calmly face to face

never complained before but i feel strongly about this

hope you are all ok and clio glad you got your meds sorted out they need to suffer like we do before they realise what its like xxxx

Annip
19-10-13, 08:55
Hi Pink
good for you. hope your anxiety goes quickly too.
Hows everyone else doing.
Clio..what type of ven do you take?
annip xxx

clio51
19-10-13, 10:11
Anni

I take effexor capsule 150mg I used to take the tablets at first.

pinkdove
19-10-13, 10:56
thanks anni i am feeling a bit calmer now i think its because i have an appointment and i know i am going to have my say

hope you are keeping better just now too

i take 75mg effexor caps the same as clio

clio hope you are ok too hun xx

just sitting here crap day foggy and miserable but thinking of going out with hubby anyway went out to lunch yesterday with my mum and some retail therapy and felt better for it

:hugs: to you all this drab weekend xxxx

BusuB
21-10-13, 18:51
Hi all, been reading this thread since last week when my pdoc raised my effexor dose from 75 to 112.5. I seemed to have an adverse reaction to the higher dose and was greeted with extreme anxiety (no panic, thank god) from morning to night that would come in waves throughout the day. This is differentiated from my regular anxiety, I suppose, which seems to feel better in the evenings. At any rate, I gutted it out for 7 doses, but last Friday I couldn't take it anymore and got an emergency appt w/ my pdoc who immediately dropped me back to 75 mg. I actually wasn't doing terribly on 75, to be honest, and I had just reached week 7 on it (still having 2-4 bad days per week), and the pdoc thought the increase would set me straight. Call that a failed experiment. At any rate, I've been back down to 75 for 3 days now, and I thought I'd be feeling much better by now. While I do feel a little better, I'm not back to where I was just a week and a half ago. How much longer until I even out again?!

I try to bide my time and have been this thread from day one. Still only about a 3rd of the way, but thought I'd pop in to say hello.

Annip
24-10-13, 09:05
Hi Pink
when you went out did you feel anxiety at all. I went out yesterday with hubbie and daughter. Looking forward to it too. While I was in the shop a wave of anxiety came over me . I managed to control it with my breathing for short bursts. Yet teatime went to sons and we all went out for tea and I felt fine. This seems to be a pattern. I have anxiety in the morning quite bad but it starts to drop off throughout the day.
Hi BusUB. I think you may be experiencing withdrawal effects from the higher dose..3 days isn't very long for the effects to drop off. Stick with it and see how you go.
anni xx

pinkdove
24-10-13, 22:53
hi anni aw i know that feeling so well and well done for controlling it i have ran out the supermarket before thinking i was going to faint so its a case of doing what you did and getting through it as best we can and you went to your sons and was fine but yes the mornings are the worse and for me was the last thing to go and like you i got better as the day went on by 7pm i would make plans for the next dat and then bang in the morning it was back again

i know you will get there anni you have made great progress im glad you went out as a family and soon you will be able to go out and feel normal xx

hi bus i agree with anni let us know how you get on and good luck xxx

Pipkin
25-10-13, 06:10
Pink - have you had your appointment yet? If so, how did it go?

Pip xxx

Annip
25-10-13, 08:52
Thanks Pink, thats exactly how I am at the moment. All fired up in an evening ready to do stuff and next morning its all evaporated. Though this morning I had no anxiety when I woke up so I felt good about that. Its sneaking in now though but there we are...acceptance of how we feel and think positive is a help.
how are you feeling. Getting stronger each day I hope.
Hi bus how are you getting on.
anni xx

---------- Post added at 07:52 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

sending miles of smiles :):):):):):)

pinkdove
25-10-13, 17:14
pip my appointment is on thursday 31st so another week yet how are you doing i hope you are not working too hard xx

anni pleased you were feeling a bit better this morning the trick is when you feel it sneaking up on you kick it back down and stamp on it !!!!! hard i know but the more attention you gove it the more it thrives hope you have a good weekend hun xx

was speaking to jarrod on fb to anyone who knows him (ewood) and he is doing really well so thats nice to know he was asking how you were all getting on xx

clio how are you hun xx

been out and about today lunch then shopping usuall friday stuff but feelin well now so nice to have no pain i have to go back to hospital on the 8th nov to have some tests done to find out what the allergy was which is a good thing in case i need another op in the future but its nothing to worry about

now people keep asking me what are you doing for christmas is it me or is it too early for that xxx

anni love your miles of smlies xx

clio51
25-10-13, 21:49
Hi all

Hope all is going well for all.

Anni
you sound like you are coping really well, brilliant! Mornings are still not good for me too

Pink
Glad your on the mend and back to your own self now.

Well I'm now on proprananol 10mg 3 times a day, I went to the doctors on Monday and told her I've still got high anxiety and feel like I'm full of adrenalin sometimes and not relaxed feeling like inside me is going a hundred miles an hour. So she suggested I try proprananol again and see how I go on.

I've also started my anxiety management course, it's for 8 weeks up to now it's not anything I don't know already! But I've got to show mht that I'm willing. It's a real struggle for me as I have to be there for 10am and I'm hopeless in the mornings never been morning person and now waking up in night it's harder. Just shows what people are like there should be 15 on course and 5 turned up!! That's disguising isn't it . They said people don't turn up because they don't want to come out of system.

Oh I've started some acupuncture, had 5 sessions it's really therapeutic and relaxing. Going to try reflexology next.

Best wishes everyone, take care all xx

Annip
26-10-13, 09:19
Hi all
Pink glad all your pain has gone now. I'm stamping today again but woke up calm again. I agree far too early to start thinking about christmas. I only need to stamp when my mood lowers and at the moment that seems to be fluctating all over the place.
Clio good to hear from you. well done getting to your course thats a step in the right direction..doesn't matter that you know it already ..take it as a reminder. Wish I could come with you. Can't believe the others didn't show, but perhaps their anxiety was too high. I've thought of acupunture..are you able to keep still when they do it. glad it helps..notch that up as another sucess.
hi to everyone else too xxx

Pipkin
30-10-13, 23:07
Good luck for your appointment tomorrow Pink. Write down some key points that you want to get across and be quite firm with them. You're responsible and don't abuse the meds you're prescribed some I can't see what the problem is.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care

Pip xxx

Annip
31-10-13, 08:41
Good luck for your appointment today Pink xxx

pinkdove
31-10-13, 10:19
thanks guys feelin a bit nervous about it now but i must do it yes pip i will write down what i want to get across as i know i will forget some of it if i dont

went to visit my nephew at uni in teeside yesterday really enjoyed it had a lovely pub lunch in a typical student pub and sat in a typical student guys bedroom but it was lovely to see him even although he had dyed his lovely black hair :ohmy:

i will post later and let you all know if still have a gp practice :)

:hugs: to you all hope you are all doing as well as can be expected xxx

pinkdove
31-10-13, 22:14
update went for my appointment and so glad i did i wrote it all down but when i started i just blurted out everything

the gp i saw was a practice partner and he agreed with what i had to say and i even got an apology from him he asked if i wanted to make a formal complaint to the practice manager but i said as long as i am treated like an indiiduall and a competant adult i would be happy

in future he has told me to email my script for his attention and i can have diazapam as and when required he offered me some today and i refused i dont need them yet i just need to know that when i do i can have them

i have to book an appintment for a cholestorol check blood tests a lung function test and a flu jab so i think they are going to look after me now

so as i was leaving he once again said he was sorry i had such a tough time and appologised if the surgery added to my stress

i am happy wth the outcome and dont intend to take it any further im just relieved i have been treated like a capable adult able to make decisions for myself xx

Pipkin
31-10-13, 23:19
Pink,

That's a result and exactly how you should have been treated in the first place. Well done for standing your ground and staying firm - I know it's not easy in those sorts of situations.

A weight off your mind!

Pip xxx

clio51
03-11-13, 17:30
Pink , glad you started your diazepam out just show it's who you get!
You sound really well,there's no holding you back now.

Do you not get any anxiety now?

Anni,
Hope your dad's on the mend now,is he out of hospital now?

How are you doing Any improvements ? Still managing mind?

I'm still having the anxious feeling! But I'm still trying to go about every day stuff. Still going to acupuncture(honestly can't say it's helped) every 2 weeks now though but I like it,and I do feel chilled after it. Still making my cards at the group,last week there was about 12 there most I've seen.So it panicked me a bit and a lady said come on we've saved you a place here, right in the middle! So it took a while for me to calm myself internally.
There having an Xmas party aghhhh, I'm really not a party person and each as to bring something of the list. So this is on my mind! And dreading it as I don't know anybody really as your busy making the cards to talk.

I don't think the proprananol doctor gave me is really working 2 weeks on it now.
It's a bit of a pain remembering it! As you have to take before food, and as I don't eat before 10.30 it's a short time in between so only able to take it twice a day. I think with the anxiety I am holding myself tense(I think, but don't always feel it) because my feet feel tense and I have started getting backache nearly everyday. The horrible mouth thing I have is still highly there! 24/7 The taste! Nerve sensation now in my teeth, it drives me mad and gets me down no wonder I'm agitated all the time.

Oh well enough moaning! There's nothing I can do about it so just get on with it but really wish it would go.

Glad all the windy weather as gone! It was horrible I hate the cold winter,but do love being nice and warm in the house and think how lucky I am.

Take care all, hope all is well xxxx

Annip
05-11-13, 08:54
Pink so glad it went well for you. A very good outcome for you. That must have boosted you no end.
Yes Clio still having the anxious feelings but sometimes they go when I can occupy myself ..but my dad is at the forefront of my mind ..he is still in hosp..6 weeks now.
will talk later xx

pinkdove
05-11-13, 21:51
hi guys thanks yes i did feel better after i spoke to the dr i felt that i had been treated with the respect i feel i deserve

my wee rosie had an op yesterday and she is still a wee bit groggy so been giving her some much neede tlc

clio im sorry you are still struggling hun i really hope you feel better soon but well done on attending your card making classes you must be improving a bit as i dont tink you would have done that a few months ago xx

anni sending get well wishes to your dad you sound as if you are coping a bit better now i found that distraction was the best thing for me when i fely anxious i think ive said it before but the games on here and fb really keep my mind active xx

pip how are the hounds doing with the fireworks rosie is a bit scared even thogh she is still groggy how are you doing ive been christmas shopping :ohmy: nothing like being prepared eh !!!!

Annip
06-11-13, 08:05
hi all
Pink you sound really good. so pleased for you. I can't even think about Christmas. yes I am coping a bit better but I'm not free of the anxiety and that is my aim. Everything seems to take so long. I saw the psychiatrist 5 weeks a go. I have been referred now to pschological services which are going to be 6 to 8 weeks.
Clio ..I'm still going to Mind altho last week had a difficult session and ended up in tears. Everyone is very kind there but I had to come home in the end. My dad is not going to get any better..we know that but the doctors don't know how long. It feels like living on a knife edge. every time the phone rings I think is this it.
I want to go to other classes and do activities but the anxiety bothers me and don't know how I'll cope.
Anyway seeing the doc this morning so will have a good chat with her .
Anni xxxx

clio51
07-11-13, 10:43
Anni

Know wonder your anxiety is high, you must be out of your mind regarding your dad it's a sad situation to go through and very upsetting.
We can't help the tears, last week at the doctors mine came on and she had a student in as well but I didn't care they just came on (then I had to walk through crowded waiting room)
That's when she put me on proprananol 10mg x 3, got to go back Monday.

I know what you mine about upping dose!! We automatically think aghh it's weird how we fear upping dose I am exactly the same, I have probs taking my vitimins and paracetamol etc don't know what it is! I just feel I'm constantly taking tablets to give help me.

Even when I go to the group anni I'm not relaxed and I think to myself am I doing the right thing as I come back shattered from the energy I've used! I do manage to relax a bit at acupuncture when she leaves me with the music on. I'm going to look for a yoga class but it as to be at the right time as mornings are not my thing.
Why don't you try a yoga class? Are you still taking diazepam anni ?

Take care anni xxx

pinkdove
08-11-13, 10:53
hi guys anni hope you ae feeling a bit better hun and have made a decision about your meds

clio how are you doing hun hope you are coping better too

i have an appointment this afternoon at the hospital to get some tests to see what the allergy was then after that see a consultant im a bit concerened but i know it has to be done

feelin a wee bit down today but im sure i will bounce back very drab here today miss the sunshine already xx

clio51
08-11-13, 16:29
:) hiya pink,

It will be the hospital appointment in the back of your mind pink that's making you feel flat/down, I bet once you walk back to the car it's lifting!

Hope your hospital appointment went ok and you have found out the culprit of the allergy whilst anesthetized.

Weather isn't good is it, it's dry but cold which is better than rain/wind.
I hate winter and the cold don't mind looking at it through the window though especially when it's snowing it looks lovely when it's just fell.

Take care xxxx

pinkdove
09-11-13, 22:10
thanks clio yes you are right i was relieved to get it over but the tests were inconclusive so i had to have some injections and still inconclusive so i have to go back

they know one of the antibiotics i am allegic to but they need to do further tests so that if i need surgery in the future they will know exactly what to avoid

feel better today more relaxed and low mood has lifted hope you are feeling better too hun and you too anni xx

just a quickie does anybody talk in their sleep since taking ven i even wake myself up talking hubby finds it so funny so he can really say i never shut up now xxx

clio51
11-11-13, 18:39
Ha ha pink, glad you have picked up again.

Anni,
hope everything is ok, bit worried as you havnt been on?
How's your dad doing? Hope he isn't in any pain,bet he's fed up being in hospital nothing better than being in your own home but if your that poorly then it's the best place for him.
How are you doing, did you increase?

Been back to doctor today,I've decided to give the proprananol another month she wanted to stop it but I will give it more time. I've been getting along of background headaches,not turning into anything big but there! Mornings are still not good, and it's not till about 1pm I start coming round and feel a bit better but find I am still having days where I have to talk myself into doing things rather than just doing it!
Suppose it's acceptance that's what I'm like! It's so bloody hard I just want to be able to do things without being tensed/churned up and not after feel shattered.

Oh well 6 weeks to Xmas, are we all ready. Thank goodness I don't have to buy lots of presents! I hate doing the food shopping near Xmas everywhere is so packed and queues aghh.

Hope all are well, take care xxx

Annip
12-11-13, 10:17
Hi Clio
How are you? I did increase my dose..now on 225mg...the theraputic dose. Now day 5. Not had any side effects..well don't think so. Anxiety still not good in mornings but my dad still in hospital and my auntie and uncle had to go back to Canada yesterday which is causing some anxiety. He is a bit better and has been transferred to a cottage hospital where he is getting more attention so that is good. Have noticed that I am lasting a bit longer in the morning before it kicks in and feeling better a bit sooner in the afternoon. Don't want to think about christmas. I couldn't manage my craft activity at Mind last week but managed to go shopping for a little while instead.
What time do you take your tablet. I take mine at 8.am..doc suggested taking it earlier so that I feel better sooner in the day but not sure about this . xxxxanni

pinkdove
12-11-13, 22:07
:mad: :mad: just to let you all know i fell yesterday and broke my elbow may need another op all strapped up till next weel another xray really hope it will heal without surgery

in pain again !!! will be glad when this year is over

signing off pissed off xxxxx

clio51
21-11-13, 10:25
Hi

Pink hope your elbow is ok and isn't broke, you certainly are getting it all arnt you. Hope your ok

Anni,

How you doing? That's good news your dad's been moved to a smaller hospital more personal and hopefully caring. How you going on the increase its about 15 days now isn't it, have you noticed any heightened anxiety or difference? Have any of your any appointments started yet. Soz for all the questions.

Psych suggested pregablin to me at my last appointment 75mg she said I didn't have to up to me. I said I'd give it a try,but today I'm bricking it. I've got lots of thoughts about starting it and poss SE and they freak me out, wish I didn't think into things so much.
She said I'm better, which I am going back to how I was 2 years ago I'm not in crisis but I still get high anxiety most days and it takes a very lot of effort to do things and still have the ruminating most days it's like background chat. I've got an appointment in 4mths March and then think that's it, I'm not too bothered as if I'm bad again I can just get re refered.
So decisions decisions aghhh.

pinkdove
22-11-13, 22:18
hi clio was at the hospital on tuesday had another xray and the break is slowly healing so no operation needed thank god !!!! so about 6 weeks till it heals still got sling on and taking painkillers but relieved i dont need an op

anni how are you doing hunni hope you are coping with the increase xx

clio i was offered pregablin rather than occasional diazpam but i would rather take diazapam when needed which is not very often now but they may be good for you i hope so if you decide to give them a go xx

Pipkin
22-11-13, 23:06
Great news Pink! Now try and keep yourself out of mischief for a while..

Pip xxx

pinkdove
23-11-13, 13:15
hi pip i intend to only so much i can take

been out quite a bit this week christmas shopping very difficult with one working arm lol last couple of days just chillin with rosie catching up on telly

hows you anyway feeling well i hope nice weather for walking the dogs hop your not working too hard will email you soon take care xxxx

Annip
28-11-13, 08:35
Hi

Pink hope your elbow is ok and isn't broke, you certainly are getting it all arnt you. Hope your ok

Anni,

How you doing? That's good news your dad's been moved to a smaller hospital more personal and hopefully caring. How you going on the increase its about 15 days now isn't it, have you noticed any heightened anxiety or difference? Have any of your any appointments started yet. Soz for all the questions.

Psych suggested pregablin to me at my last appointment 75mg she said I didn't have to up to me. I said I'd give it a try,but today I'm bricking it. I've got lots of thoughts about starting it and poss SE and they freak me out, wish I didn't think into things so much.
She said I'm better, which I am going back to how I was 2 years ago I'm not in crisis but I still get high anxiety most days and it takes a very lot of effort to do things and still have the ruminating most days it's like background chat. I've got an appointment in 4mths March and then think that's it, I'm not too bothered as if I'm bad again I can just get re refered.
So decisions decisions aghhh.
hi Clio.... I noticed a big difference..slowly slowly each day I felt much better the background chatter went, the anxiety and physical aspects went and everyone at Mind noticed and said how lovely it was to see my smile. then on 18. I woke up feeling low and its just got worse each day. I could have just cried all day tues. anxiety high..physically and my mind won't turn off..saw doc yesterday and she said it could be something I wasn't aware I was worrying about . I've got the sweats and chills ..mood swings havin to try hard to control my breathing. grrrh. I see someone next week and week after. Dad still in hosp but he is alot better. I thought now I'm on the 225.. the theraputic dose and it seemed to be working i was on my way. soory to moan... How are you getting on?
What does it mean to be in crisis?
Anni xxxx

clio51
28-11-13, 11:03
Hi anni,

Great to hear from you, sorry to hear thing's how gone backwards again! It's so very weird how we can go awhile and then whoosh we get the gut feeling the all is not well with us.
I hate that feeling it's sole destroying seems all our effort is worthless.
It seems weird you should get what seem SE symptoms at 18 days in,can you think of anything in the background you were thinking about that might of set it off?
Brilliant your dad is now picking up slowly that must be a weight of your mind.

I've been trying really hard to get out and about recently some days better than others, I hate it when you still push yourself whilst doing it but the symptoms are still bothering you and you can't switch off from them properly always coming to the forefront bothering you.

Havnt been to card group for 3 weeks,the mind chatter putting me off!!!!
So this week I went and enjoyed it,big thing bothering me now is on the 10th there having a Xmas party!!! Asked what I was bringing. Don't know what it is about do' s but they have impact on my mood always been like this hated do' s at work think it's a confidence thing.

Went to my anxiety group yesterday,got up at 8 for it(which is the middle of the night for me) just felt like it was a rush today and didn't feel good. It was the only week that's bothered me got the thought just wanted to run was getting really hot and bothered wanted it over! Then a lady their who lives in same area as me asked could I give her a lift back home! Aghhh why does this always happen to me freaked me for a mo but never stopped talking so took my mind off me but now I've done even worse thing for me told her I'd pick her up next week WHY DID I DO THIS !

Being in crisis Anni was at the beginning when I was constantly crying,ruminating,not eating etc and when the mht got involved and I got a mh worker coming round to my house to talk to me(still have him but not seen him for 2 mths) and now not as intense depression/anxiety more able to cope with it yourself.

Take care xx

Annip
30-11-13, 11:29
Thanks Clio
Feel reely bad again. Bad anixety, feeling flat, mood swings, This time it is nearly as bad as when I first felt anxious and depressed. It is soul destroying after starting to feel good I agree with you and having good times and able to control physical and mind chatter.
anni xxxx

Annip
01-12-13, 09:10
Clio I felt much better later.
hope you do to xx

pinkdove
03-12-13, 09:43
anni i have sent you a pm hunni xxx

clio how are you doing xxx

clio51
09-12-13, 00:25
Hi.

Anni how's your week been? Is it any better now you've decreased back to 150mg?
Ow did you find the cbt? I found it very hard, first few visits for me I just cried. I don't know if it was the right person for me I just felt what she was telling me was daft! Like I was hardly eating and she told me to go and look round supermarket to see what I fancied to eat errr (I couldn't even get to the supermarket) really hope yours is better.
Have you any plans for Xmas, bet your grandchild is excited(can't remember how old)

Hi pink, is your arm ok now? Hope you've not done anything else!
Are you looking forward to Xmas? How's John dad coping now?
Hope all is good with you, and well done with the ciggys

I'm still plodding on, not anxiety free yet!! 2 years on this time round!
Havnt started the pregablin yet again scared of med and effects(I'm my own worse enemy)
Think I will keep with the diazepam now and then at least I know what they do.
I feel fine apart from when my anxiety is bothering me then it brings me down for a couple days.
Finished my anxiety management group now, still doing my card making and acupuncture every other week waiting for the miracle to happen ha ha no it's relaxing.

To think this used to be a thriving page now there's just three! All must be well with them now.

Take care xx

Pipkin
09-12-13, 05:51
I'm still here! I may not post much but I read every post to make sure my ven buddies are ok :D

Pip xx

pinkdove
09-12-13, 17:01
hi pip what are you doing up at that time lol and how are you

clio i couldntget on wit cbt either i just had no concentration and found it too much to think about cant believe you find accupuncture relaxing lol i must give it a try as i am used to needles now

anni have sent you a pm hunni

i am ok folks arm is getting better 4 weeks ago today since my fall and i have a bit of movement now so all is good

what are you all doing for christmas not really looking forward to it to be honest be glad when its all over bah humbug !!!!

Pipkin
09-12-13, 18:42
I always get up at 5.30! I do a couple of hours' work before I leave the house and I take the dogs for a good long walk - I tend to be most productive in the morning.

I noticed our ven buddy count had dwindled a bit and I too was hoping it was because everyone was feeling better. I always read the posts though and if anyone needs me, you just need to type my name and I appear!

Pip xxx

clio51
09-12-13, 21:12
Pip, OMG that's the middle of the night lol, you must be dedicated to your work! What do you do?

Glad the arms better now pink, I had a frozen shoulder last year omg was that painful had a small procedure done privately it's not perfect but much better.

We're staying at home just 3 of us, don't like all the fuss and not into going out for meals find it makes me anxious Sat around people. Just started going out for lunches/coffee past few months getting better at it !

Annip
10-12-13, 10:09
Clio
I think you are getting better. I noticed you said you are going out for lunches/coffee and getting better at it...thats really good. Glad you going to your classes too acupunture and craft...praise yourself for that.
The cbt was ok. She asked me what my physical anxiety symptoms were and told me to go on youtube to find various things to help with the breathing. She said look around till you find 1 you like. also she suggested that if you find it hard to relax do PMR which is called progressive muscle relaxation again there are lots on you tube.
Off to Mind this morning
Be pleased with what you have achieved
annip xxxx

clio51
10-12-13, 18:48
Spoke to soon anni, today was the Xmas party at the card making. I was in two minds weather to go but decided as I was too bad just the negative chatter going on!

So got there 15mins early so I could pick a good seat! Ladies were all arriving about 12/14 so after about 20mins of chatting she says ok let's start the buffet(everyone brought something) this is when it all started building up inside of me ADRENALIN! I felt like running
But had to keep it together. When I'm anxious don't know what it is I can't eat so just put few things on plate thinking OMG how I'm I going to get this down. Ladies were saying is that all your having! All sat round large table(just not me,only just manage on card day never mind eating)
Couple times felt dizzy (was standing still but felt like I'd moved if that makes sense)

Anyway I did it, but really didn't enjoy it was the first to leave after 2 hrs. I was glad to get home about 2'30 so anxious I had headache and pain in chest. It's 6.30 now hardly eaten tea that Anxious feeling stops me to keyed up!
Just trying to relax now and put it behind me!

Hope you get on with cbt, I couldn't. The muscle relaxation thing I did at mindfulness I found it hard to to its like tenseing your muscles groups tense/relax. I preferred the visualization where the person reads from a script like "your on a beach, the sun is shining beating down onto your body.with your eyes closed in the background you can beast the waves of the sea"
Well you know something like that! ha ha
I've quite a few CD' s from different classes I've been to, really should listen to them more.

Take care xx

Annip
11-12-13, 07:51
CLio
I know how you feel hun. I'm finding it hard to eat at the moment. My dad is coming out of hospital today and the first thing he wants to do is go to his favourite pub for lunch. I know theres nothing to worry about as he knows I get anxious. But I am.
I fely like you when I went to the shops on Mon but I stuck it out and I stuck it out. My counsellor said to be pleased cos although it made me scared (fight or flight) i did it and nothing happened to me . yes I had bad head and pain in my arms. Think positive if you can Clio. were there any moments that you enjoyed...like the chatting part.
I got to Mind yesterday. I felt calm and relaxed till near the end then wanted to escape. The lady said there its fine if you want to go out of the session...calm your thoughts...Breath and then go bac in if poss. Dont let it stop you going. .
Hope you relaxed later. I did and went over the good parts of the day...infact wrote them down.....attitude of gratitude diary.
keep posting Clio would you rather pm me... I do with Pink. let me know. it really helps
Take care too xxx

mifta
21-12-13, 10:56
Just wanted to jump on the thread to say I have got some reassurance fron the posts, following your journeys with ven. I went on 75mg ven xl in may. Just had it increased 7 days ago by 37.5mg and my anxiety seems to be worsening. I can see a couple of mentions about this but can anyone tell me how long an increase takes to kickin? Thanks. Michelle :unsure:

Pipkin
21-12-13, 14:27
Hi Michelle,

I'd give it a good three weeks to start feeling the effects. Ven can work really well but, in my experience, it can take a while to kick in fully and a lot of people can't work through it and give up.

Good luck

Pip

pinkdove
21-12-13, 15:52
hi michelle

just as pip says he knows such a lot about ven although i never got much in the way of side effects on increasing or decreasing but i just might be one of the lucky ones

i know that ven has been the best ad i have used but it does take a wee while to kick in but if you persevere it will be worth it

why did you increase was your anxiety worse

i really hope you start to feel better son hunni xx

mifta
21-12-13, 16:18
Thanks pipkin and pinkdove for your replies. I normally suffer with sudden acute and short lasting anxiety - I find a lump, panic, see the Gp and can come down off that peak of anxiety really quickly and get on with my life. This episode started with concern over having a routine blood test, which has since come back as normal but I now find myself anxious about dying.... not the imminent prospect but the fact one day I will die. Fortunately, i recognised this quickly and saw my gp and she increased my AD. I have also referred myself back to IAPT. Its just I am not used to having anxiety and panic about something that will happen, there is no escape from it, so I am struggling to try and move forward with this one. Will keep taking the tablets and try to be friends with my anxiety, as I read in someone else's post :wacko:

pinkdove
22-12-13, 12:03
hi michelle that was good that you recognised the signs early and got help too many of us wait too long to seek help i know i did

you sound like a very positive person so im sure you will beat this and when your increase kicks in im sure you will start to feel better

take care and we are here for you if you need us :hugs:

spawn
22-12-13, 23:19
Hey everyone, just thought I would pop by and say Happy Xmas and thanks to all my friends on here who have helped me through my journey on Ven for the last 14+ months.
As some know I've reduced down from 150mg and stopped taking Ven 6 weeks ago! :)
It hasn't been easy and the withdrawal side effects were awful and I nearly gave in!
Some said to stay on the drug, but I find Ven quite unpleasant at times, what with all the night sweats, vivid dreams, headaches etc so I stayed strong and I've done it!
I'm truly thankful for this forum and the people on here, I probably wouldn't of got through some days without the encouragement and knowing that others were going through the same thing. I just hope my story helps others in the future!

Gav x

Pipkin
23-12-13, 00:03
Well done Gav. You knew when you needed help and you knew when you could go it alone. Make sure you stick around :D

Pip xx

spawn
23-12-13, 00:09
Well done Gav. You knew when you needed help and you knew when you could go it alone. Make sure you stick around :D

Pip xx

Will do pip!
X

pinkdove
24-12-13, 11:27
aw gav i know you have been on
a long tough journey and come out the other end and i will take on board what you said about the withdrawal when my time comes hope you have a fantastic christmas and an anxiety free 2014 xx

:hugs:AND A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY VEN BUDDIES

nicola1980
24-12-13, 17:17
Wishing you all a merry Christmas, i hope you all have a lovely day, lots of love and hugs x x x x

clio51
24-12-13, 18:37
Best wishes everyone, have a lovely christmas.

Xx

Pipkin
25-12-13, 08:08
Happy Christmas everyone!

Pip xxx

:hugs:

Annip
01-01-14, 09:50
Its new year now...and here's wishing you all the very very best

Love from Anni xxx

Pipkin
01-01-14, 10:01
Happy New Year everyone. Here's to an anxiety-free year!

Pip xxx

clio51
01-01-14, 11:27
Here here

Happy new year to everyone !

nicola1980
01-01-14, 13:33
Happy new year everyone x x

Pipkin
04-01-14, 00:09
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd drop in and say hi and check how everyone's doing in the new year. It's exactly 2 years since I was really ill and starting venlafaxine to try and get me through what was the worst period of mental illness I've ever had. I'm pleased to say that things have never been that bad since despite quite a few ups and downs.

I'm experiencing a bit of anxiety at the moment but I think it's just the return to work after Christmas - nothing I can't handle though I have been taking propranolol all week which really helps the physical symptoms.

How are you all doing? It must be time for us all to check in for an update. I'd love to know how all my ven buddies are doing. Btw, I'm still on 150mg and having no side effects.

Take care and hugs all round

Pip xxx

Annip
05-01-14, 10:23
Hi Pip
Good to hear that you are doing well. I am progressing and there are good times to each day now. I always used to get a bit nervous going back to work after a hol wen I was at work. Now on 225 ven and I think its helping me.. I can get more control much quicker than before. Have been getting out and about with much less anxiety..espec in the afternoons.
Anni xx:) :)

Pipkin
05-01-14, 10:45
Anni,

Great news! It can take ages to find the right balance between meds doses and what you need to push yourself to do to feel better. It sounds like you're getting there. I keep thinking of reducing my dose to 75mg but every time I think about it, I have a setback and decide to stick with 150. I guess there's no real reason to change except that I want to come off it eventually. Still, if it ain't broke...

Pip xx

pinkdove
06-01-14, 18:56
hi guys and happy new year to you all (hope its not to late)

anni have sent you a pm

pip how you doing did you get my email

how are you all getting on i hope you area all having a calm and peacefull new year

:hugs: all round xxx

nicola1980
20-01-14, 17:28
Hi everyone, its very quiet on here now, how's everybody doing? xx

pinkdove
23-01-14, 21:47
hi nicola im doing well now just had the family over from france had a party at the weekend for my mums 80th birthday
cant believe how well i cope now its amazing

when i think back to when we were all really bad and supporting each other every day
i cant tell you how much you all helped me get to where i am today both on your swap thread and this ven thread do you ever hear from mr w i always think about sending him a message on fb hope he is doing well

how are you now are you still taking 225mg of ven and still seeing your psyc

hope you have got over your infection take are hun xxx

hows everyone else doing if you check in let us know how things are good or bad xxx

nicola1980
24-01-14, 14:56
Hi pink, Im not doing too well at the minute, think its this infection bringing me down, I've had a couple of episodes of panic over the past few days which to be honest has scared the life out of me :( Im on 187.5mg of venlafaxine still and still seeing my psychiatrist every 8 weeks, have been doing really well up until now, so pleased your feeling better, isn't it a great feeling to be anxiety free :) how's everybody else doing? X x

Pipkin
24-01-14, 17:39
Hi all,

I'm doing ok after a bit of a down period a couple of weeks ago. I gave myself my usual talking to, took propranolol for a week and bounced back. I'm still on 150 ven and may reduce soon.

Chin up everyone and keep posting on here - we're nearly 2 years old on this thread and we've all come a long long way in that time.

Big hugs

Pip

pinkdove
26-01-14, 17:38
hi yes nicola it is the best feeling ever to be finally anxiety free never want to go back there again xxx

pip i have sent you an email hope you are ok you know i will always be here for you if you need a shoulder xxx

i think the thread is quiet now because we are all getting better which is a good thing but it would be nice to hear what you are all up too xxx

Annip
06-02-14, 09:32
Hi all
Pip can you share what your usual talking to is...you said you didn't feel so well. I not so well again this last couple of days after feeling well for ages. Ven giving me strengh and me. Sorry Nicola that you are not so well either. Do you know what caused it. Mine was a strange dream which brought back horrible memories of being depressed and anxious. Now I feel anxious and am in the vicious circle of thoughts = anxiety.

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

forgot to say keep going everyone ..there is hope and strengh and we need to feed this to each other
Anni xxx

pinkdove
06-02-14, 12:09
hi all anni i have answered your pm hunni let me know how things go today xx

nicola hope you are feeling better and got over your infection as you know i have a chest infection and taking anibiotics (which i hate) did you see the comment from mr w on facebook so nice to see he still has his sense of humour

pip are you ok here i go again worrying about you as i know you tend to keep thinks to yourself when you are feeling bad but im here if you need me just as you have always been here for me get in touch and hope you are ok xxx

Pipkin
06-02-14, 22:45
I'm fine Pink :winks: Really!

P xxx

nicola1980
07-02-14, 05:42
Hi guys, do any of you suffer night sweats on venlafaxine? Im having them really bad at the minute hence me being up at this time! when i read the leaflet its a common side effect :( its really getting me down x x x

Pipkin
07-02-14, 05:51
Morning Nicola!

I don't but I know quite a lot of people do. If I remember correctly, Pink suffered from this and it was one of the reasons she reduced to 75mg.

I'm not sure what you can do about it though :unsure:

Pip xx

pinkdove
07-02-14, 09:51
hi nicola yes pip is right i had terrible sweats on the higher dose 150mg but it was all day not just at night

since reducing it has been much better not that im suggesting you reduce but it is a common side effect of ven

hope jack is feeling better xx

pip im going to email you just to make sure :winks: ok xxxxx

anni how did yesterday go hope you are feeling a bit better today hunni xxx

nicola1980
07-02-14, 10:23
Hi thanks guys, its only at night Im getting them but seeing psychiatrist on 24th of Feb so will mention it but its really getting me down x x

Pipkin
08-02-14, 09:25
Hi guys,

A quick question for you. Has anyone broken the ven capsule by mistake? I did this morning and just swallowed all the little white beads. I should probably have thrown it away and taken another one but that would have put me out of sync with the days on the blister pack and my ridiculously ordered mind doesn't like that!

Thanks

Pip x

P.S. Pink - I got your email, I'll reply later but everything is fine here xx

nicola1980
08-02-14, 10:13
Hi Pip its never happened to me but i have read of people doing that when they are trying to taper off venlafaxine so i should think you should be fine but next time if it happens if i was you id throw it away and get another just to be on the safe side but i wouldn't worry about it x x

pinkdove
08-02-14, 15:54
hi pip just as nicola says its done for tapering down

but i would have chucked it too but with your ordered mind i can understand you taking it

how are you feeling i guess the thing is to keep occupied and not think about it (easier said than done) im sure it will be fine tho xx

Pipkin
08-02-14, 18:00
Thanks guys. Yes, it's been fine - no difference at all. You're right of course, I should just have thrown it away and taken another one. Ah well, I did always wonder what was inside the capsules and now I know!

P xxx

shedrain
19-02-14, 22:21
Just checking in!

Hope you are all well. Pink- I might be wrong but you sound especially well - really happy for you :)

I'm completely off pregabalin now. Still on 112.5mg of ven. Anxiety free for months now; it's brilliant. Started to take myself off the pregabalin back in December, dropping 25mg every fortnight. Would feel the odd twinge of anxiety for 30 mins or so here and there in the first week of each reduction and then i'd be back to normal again. I'm at the point where I think i might seriously look at reducing the ven in march. Fingers crossed...

pinkdove
20-02-14, 12:29
hi shed and its great to hear from you well done for getting off the pregabalin :)

anxiety free for months now well thats brilliant news i can tell you that i reduced my ven from 150mg to 75mg slowly and had no problems at all

its been 2 years since i started this thread and most people seem to be doing well but as you know its a long haul but its really nice to read a sucess story im sure it will help those of us still struggling

i have been really well back to normal although this past few days have felt pangs of anxiety but i have been through some stressfull times lately so i will keep my eye on it and hopefully will be able to keep things under contril

anyway its

great to hear from you and im so happy you are recovering

take care and keep going forward xxx

TJSMITH
20-02-14, 12:58
Hi all

Thought I would check in see how you all getting on and have noticed its quieter now which to me says people mostly doing well.

I am having another terrible blip and currently in Thailand to celebrate my 40th tomorrow eeeek... I keep getting extreme waves of panic that I'm gonna loose control again, I also on hrt now and been on this three months so keep hoping that will crack it as gynaecologist said all related and treating me for severe pmdd.

It's been two years now and each blip I scare myself into thinking the worst do you all do have this???

Nic changing subject I had the night sweats until went on the hrt and these started when on antidepressants xxxx

pinkdove
21-02-14, 22:48
hi tracey what a lovely surprise for your birthday and happy birthday to you :flowers:

i hope your blip hasnt spoilt your holiday too much

i think it takes around 3 months or so for hrt to really kick in so maybe you will feel the real benefit soon

maybe being away from home and missing the kids is partly to blame i know its hard to accept change when we suffer anxiety im sure you will settle down again when you get home but its just a blip hunni so keep that in mind

enjoy the rest of your holiday xx

nicola1980
22-02-14, 01:28
Hi Tracy, these bloody blips :mad: hope your managing with them especially being on holiday but remember its just a blip and will pass, its probably because your actually relaxing its happened and like pink said your probably missing your kids but it looks a fantastic place :D sending love and hugs x x x

Emphyrio
22-02-14, 02:07
Checking into this thread.

I'm going from citalopram to venlafaxine, though not directly. Basically, I was on citalopram over the summer, which worked a treat on the anxiety, even at 5mg. The only problem was, is that it brought with it some nasty cognitive and visual side effects (the latter I'm still experiencing today). I'm hyper sensitive to medication which I believe is the result of protracted withdrawal from another med coupled with chronic stress and too much alcohol around 2 years ago.

Basically, I decided I couldn't cope with the side effects with the citalopram and switched to the equivalent dosage of fluoxetine (5mg) - I had a bad relapse of my OCD intrusive thoughts and my anxiety went into overdrive too after around 6-8 weeks. I stopped the fluoxetine, then started on fluvoxamine around early December. However this brought with it its own side effects, including teeth clenching, restlessness, and an overwhelming feeling of doom and despair, with any benefits being minimal. I gave it around 11 weeks before deciding it wasn't for me.

So here I am on the venlafaxine part of the forum :) I've been given 37.5 of the instant release to take 2x a day. I plan to use a pill cutter and half a tablet and take 37.5 a day in total though as I'm sensitive to meds. Does anyone here find that 37.5mg is enough to help them? My main issues are chronic anxiety (especially physical), OCD intrusive thoughts, and depression/anhedonia.

TJSMITH
23-02-14, 11:17
Thanks pink and nicola

im in hkg now waiting to go home, the anxiety through out up and down, its so frustrating especially when you think recovered.
The worst is putting on family and feeling bad.

longest I get without a blip is a month or so, I don't seem to have triggers as such.

hows you both getting on?

sorry for moan on plus side got a nice tan :) xx

nicola1980
23-02-14, 14:03
Checking into this thread.

I'm going from citalopram to venlafaxine, though not directly. Basically, I was on citalopram over the summer, which worked a treat on the anxiety, even at 5mg. The only problem was, is that it brought with it some nasty cognitive and visual side effects (the latter I'm still experiencing today). I'm hyper sensitive to medication which I believe is the result of protracted withdrawal from another med coupled with chronic stress and too much alcohol around 2 years ago.

Basically, I decided I couldn't cope with the side effects with the citalopram and switched to the equivalent dosage of fluoxetine (5mg) - I had a bad relapse of my OCD intrusive thoughts and my anxiety went into overdrive too after around 6-8 weeks. I stopped the fluoxetine, then started on fluvoxamine around early December. However this brought with it its own side effects, including teeth clenching, restlessness, and an overwhelming feeling of doom and despair, with any benefits being minimal. I gave it around 11 weeks before deciding it wasn't for

So here I am on the venlafaxine part of the forum :) I've been given 37.5 of the instant release to take 2x a day. I plan to use a pill cutter and half a tablet and take 37.5 a day in total though as I'm sensitive to meds. Does anyone here find that 37.5mg is enough to help them? My main issues are chronic anxiety (especially physical), OCD intrusive thoughts, and depression/anhedonia.

Hi and welcome to our venlafaxine thread :welcome: i started off on just 37.5oh standard release a day then after a week increased to 2 x a day, the side effects i suffered were nausea so i recommend you take it with food and my pupils really dilated! I had the
normal dry mouth you get when you start most ADs but they soon passed, i now take 187.5mg slow release and Im pretty stable but still have the odd wobble now and again, i did find venlafaxine a bit of a slow starter so it took a while for it to kick in but that's just my personal opinion. Good luck any probs just post x x x

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

Thanks pink and nicola

im in hkg now waiting to go home, the anxiety through out up and down, its so frustrating especially when you think recovered.
The worst is putting on family and feeling bad.

longest I get without a blip is a month or so, I don't seem to have triggers as such.

hows you both getting on?

sorry for moan on plus side got a nice tan :) xx

Hi Tracy, hope you managed to have a good holiday despite the damn anxiety! Sometimes there doesn't need to be a trigger, it just rears it ugly head to let us know its still there :mad: hope you had a safe trip back home, can't wait to see the pics on Facebook! :bighug1: x x

Emphyrio
23-02-14, 21:23
Thanks Nicola. I seem to be coping with it well so far. I'm cutting a tablet into two and having half a day, but I'm not really sure whether I'll go up to 75. The last medication I was on I was meant to go up to 100mg +, but couldn't get past 50 because of the side effects - namely restlessness and restless legs, and a horrible feeling of low level panic and the fear that I'm not really in control. I'm hoping that it works better than the other meds I've been on - I seem to be one of those who is highly sensitive to meds and their side effects.

pinkdove
23-02-14, 23:15
hi emphyrio and :welcome: to our thread

i can tell you i have been on citalopram up to 60mg and although it helped a bit i was not where i wanted to be before that had amitryptyline and again it didnt suit me

when i changed to ven i started out on 37mg twice a day and slowly went up to 150mg slow release capsules i can honestly say that its the best ad i have been on and i have since reduced to 75mg with o problems at all

i am sensitive to meds as well and i know how hard it can be riding out the side effects and finding the right med but i would say give it as go as nicola says its not a quick fix but for me it has given me my life back

my main problems were acute anxiety and depression and agitation was one of my worse symptoms but thankfully i can now lead a normal life

good luck with it xx

tracey i know you are home safe and just wondered if you were feeling any better i hope so xxx

nicola how are you after trying to cook yourself with sunday dinner just as well frank was there what are you doing missis :doh:

pip where are you :)

Emphyrio
24-02-14, 01:07
Thanks Pink :) Its really disconcerting to give a medication 10 weeks and then have to come off it because of a horrible feeling of dread and restlessness that doesn't go away. I've heard some good things about venlafaxine for anxiety and depression. I also know its going to be problematic to come off, but to be honest, I'll think about that when the time comes - I just need to be stable and as free of physical anxiety as possible.

pinkdove
24-02-14, 18:33
Thanks Pink :) Its really disconcerting to give a medication 10 weeks and then have to come off it because of a horrible feeling of dread and restlessness that doesn't go away. I've heard some good things about venlafaxine for anxiety and depression. I also know its going to be problematic to come off, but to be honest, I'll think about that when the time comes - I just need to be stable and as free of physical anxiety as possible.
dont worry about coming off it i have halved my dose and have had no problems doing that and also i know pip has come off it i think all meds have some side effects when stopping them

i know you must feel disheartened but the only way to know if the ven will help id to give it a good chance and maybe like me it will be the best change you have made

just take things a day at a time and i wish you well and hope you get the relief you need believe me when it happens it i so worth it good luck and keep us posted we will be here for you if you need us :)

shedrain
28-02-14, 22:03

I went from citalopram to venlafaxine too. I stayed on citalopram for a month but all it really did was mess my sleep up further, didn't touch the anxiety but made me horribly, horribly depressed to the point that I ended up in A+E with uncontrollable suicidal thoughts.

It was at that point that I was changed to venlafaxine. In the end I ended up on a combination of venlafaxine (112.5mg) and pregabalin (175mg) and that sorted me right out reasonably quickly. I weaned off of pregabalin after 3 or 4 months and was still fine.

The move from cit worked for me and I hope it works for you too. Now really isn't the time to think about the bad things that may come with weaning off venlafaxine, your first priority needs to be getting yourself better and I'm glad to see that you're looking at it in that way.

Please still remember that it's not the pills themselves that are going to fix things, the pills will give you the clarity you need to fix things yourself. I have some excellent book recommendations that can help you along the way with that - please PM me if you would like details.

As for me, I've been totally better and anxiety free for 6 months now, so starting to wean myself off the meds (haven't told my GP but they always said they aim for 6 months). I'm just finishing up my second day of a drop from 112.5mg venlafaxine to 75mg. Still feel completely normal, hoping that won't change but prepared for it if it does.

Big love to all.

Namaste :)

Annip
01-03-14, 09:09
Hi Emphyrio
as Nicola said welcome to this thread.
I was on citalopram which wasn't helping with my anxiety and depression and was put on venlafaxine. Make sure you take your tablet at the same time everday and take food before you do so. Thats important. If you feel sick ask your doc for something. You can also ask for something to help take the edge off the anxiety. The ven helped me tremendously. Keep posting and let us know how you get on
Annip x

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Hi Shedrain
Do you take the slow release or tablets. If you take tablets be careful redcuing cos the 75mg , if you read on the packet, are not a consistent amount throughout the tablet.. I was told too the lower amount you get to the harder it can be to reduce..so take it slowly. You probably know this but good luck.
Glad you posted and so pleased you are doing so well
Annip x

shedrain
01-03-14, 10:58
H

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

[/COLOR]Hi Shedrain
Do you take the slow release or tablets. If you take tablets be careful redcuing cos the 75mg , if you read on the packet, are not a consistent amount throughout the tablet.. I was told too the lower amount you get to the harder it can be to reduce..so take it slowly. You probably know this but good luck.
Glad you posted and so pleased you are doing so well
Annip x

Hello Lovely :)

How are you doing these days?

I was previously combining slow release 37.5mg tablets and slow release 75mg capsules to make up 112.mg. Now I'm just taking the slow release 75mg caps.

Assuming everything goes smoothly I'm planning on reducing the dose every month or two and just coming off really slowly.

Last thing that I want it to do is impact my work!

Annip
02-03-14, 09:42
Hi Shed
Having lots of blips at the moment over all sorts of things. Have good days and then lose it a bit. I am currently trying cbt to help me turn things around which does help sometimes especially getting my breathing under control. I go to Mind and talk about my problems and that helps sometimes.
Not being able to think straight I find difficult cos I am usually so organised.
Anyway good to hear from you
Annip x

Norden
02-03-14, 12:36
The good story is that it has worked for me in 7 years and I was very energetic and independend. Unfortunately I was stupid enought to quit it and got myself in a terrible mess with Cymbalta and Fluoxetine.

Pipkin
03-03-14, 13:16
Hi guys,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet but, as usual, I've been a bit busy. All is well here, just the usual ups and downs that we're all used to but nothing I can't cope with. Still on 150mg but will be reducing to 75 in a couple of months - I'm just building up the courage to take the plunge.

Lovely weather here in Yorkshire at the moment so I've come for a walk on my lunch break. Had a lovely relaxing weekend walking and chilling out and now it's a full week ahead...

Take care and I'm thinking about you all

Pip xxx

Annip
07-03-14, 09:05
Hi Pip
are you going straight down to 75 or are you going to take it a bit slower. That seems quite a jump down ?
Anni x

pinkdove
15-03-14, 17:53
hey pip how are you doing just thought id post on here just incase you check in not heard from you in a while so hoping things are ok with you

im fine just plodding along and have been enjoying the sunny warm weather this week although its really blustery today but its only march when all said and done

just reading that you are plucking up the courage to decrease your meds hope thats a good sign and you are stabalising

anyway pip drop me an email or get in touch on here and let me know how you are take care xxxx

Dying_Swan
17-03-14, 18:20
Hi everyone.

I hope it's ok to drop in on your thread? I've been on 20mg Citalopram for nearly 9 years (!) and things have all gotten on top of me (GAD/depression). The GP today has prescribed 75mg Venlafaxine (slow release) and has given me instructions for tapering off the Citalopram. So I should be starting the Venlafaxine Saturday I think. I also take 1mg Diazepam as needed.

Would be grateful for your experiences of this changeover as I'm terrified! I'd just assumed I'd be on the Cit forever and ever. But I desperately want to feel better so will give anything a try.

How did you get on with driving? I've got to see the CBT therapist on Saturday which is around a 40 minute drive and I'm scared that I might feel awful without any Cit in my system. I guess I will take the Venlafaxine that night.

Anyway, hope it's ok to gatecrash. Would be very interested to hear how everyone got on with this switchover.

Losenaloo19
18-03-14, 12:10
I started taking the generic venlafaxine XR about one month ago for anxiety attacks and feelings of being overwhelmed. It started working within a few days. I have had a positive experience, although my sex drive is depleted and I'm having much more difficulty reaching orgasm (I'm female) I am now waking 3-4 times a night and although I can go right back to sleep feel tired every morning. I already take 1mg Klonopin at night and 350mg of Soma as I have degenerative neck disease. I am still waking up. I hope my doctor can give me some pointers on sleeping through the night, but other than that (oh and increased sweating at night!) I do feel great. We'll see how the sweating goes and the sleep disturbance.

pinkdove
19-03-14, 12:10
hi swan and :welcome: to our thread i was on citalopram for a year before changing to ven at one stage i was up to 60mg (not nice) however i was not where i wanted to be and so was changed to ven now i stopped cit one day and started ven the next i was ok with that maybe just a bit of withdrawal from the cit but nothing i couldnt handle

its the best ad i have been on was at 150mg for a year or so and now on 75mg slow relase and i find that keeps me stable and i am back to my "normal" self

i take my ven in the morning and i have no problems driving and i also used 2mg of diazapam as and when needed to get me through the early days i dont take it at all now

good luck with it and let us know how you get on xx

hi losena and :welcome: to you too its nice to read that the ven worked for you too im not sure about the sleeping i can sleep 9 hours through so im lucky that way but maybe your gp will help you there but i do get increased sweating especially on the 150mg it is a bit better now on the reduced dose but i think that is a side effect of ven hope you get something sorted out with the sleep disturbance xx