PDA

View Full Version : from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]

clio51
17-10-17, 20:29
Hi Pink
I’m still around, popping in now and again

Sorry to hear your news, you were doing well.
So you were only ven free for 2 mths?
There was nothing else going on at the time was there a Pink? Something that may of got your anxiety up? Or is it more depression?

I’m going through bad time at moment myself, the anxiety went sky high, but I think it was creeping in over a few months. I was feeling fed up some days
Partner was always saying everyday “what we doing today” it got on my nerves
Made me feel all the decisions were put on my shoulders. He’s the type guy that can’t stay in, always doing something ( not diy though!)
Anyway about month ago we had workmen in sanding floor 3 days, they said we weren’t aloud to stand on it till after 9pm and I got to over thinking
Where am we 3 going to go till 9pm. Story short it turned out ok, as I was nervous wreck so stayed in bed(they were doing 2 lounges and hall) partner and son did there own thing.
So now back on diazepam, morning are my worse. My appetite as gone at moment which doesn’t help.
Going seeing mh nurse on Thursday evening

How you feeling today
:bighug1:

pinkdove
17-10-17, 20:58
Hi Clio, sorry you are having a tough time, you sound like me, mornings are the worst, had my meds upped today to 150mg, really hoping this will help, having to take diazapam as well, I lost my Brother last year to MND, he was only 54, and then had to look after my parents, so Gp thinks it is delayed reaction to all of that.

Know how you feel about the workmen, had a carpet fitted last week, and couldn't wait to see the back of them, just so tired and downm when i get better Clio, i won't be stopping the meds again,

Good luck on Thursday, let me know how things go, are you still taking meds ?

clio51
17-10-17, 22:37
Hi
So did going back on 37-5 do nothing?
Yer I read you lost your brother last year, very sad

Yer I’m still on 150mg venla, to scared to come off it I’ve read that much about coming off
Gp asked me about upping them!!! I’m even scared to do that. I’m not a med person but it got me out of a hole 5/6 years ago. Mine always seem to reappear every few years!!
Change,situation I think brings it on for me I think

I’ve a a funeral next week, I’m dreading it partners dad Dementia. Don’t think that’s helped me either going seeing him in nursing home wasting away very sad.

We’ve done it before Pink we can do it again, chin up and take it easy( easy said than done I know)

pinkdove
18-10-17, 10:03
When i got down to 37.5 mg i was fine, so thought i could handle stopping, i was so wrong.
Clio what brand of ven do you take ? i'm having to beg to get effexor as it is so expensive.
Sorry to hear about your father in law, and i know how hard it is to watch someone deteriorate, and there's nothing you can do,

Yes we have done it before, but it seems to be taking so long this time, thanks for your support, and i hope you have a better day xxxx

clio51
18-10-17, 16:23
Hi Pink
I’m on Effexor, one of the gp’s changed everybody on Effexor to venlalic, I just told them I can’t take it it makes me sick. I’ve paid enough stamps in so I’m having the original stuff!
So now it’s on my notes��
Are you anxious as well as depressed.? Are u both at home now(ie not working)
How’s it affecting you daily?

Bad morning again, I woke up with palpitations And it starkled me as I was asleep. Weird never happened before.

Have you got an appetite Pink? I’m finding it really hard to eat anything. I’ve lost 9lb but I do wish I could eat, I’m starving. I hate the thought of meal times as I really don’t fancy anything.
My tongue is so sore and dry (I’m drinking water enough) I don’t know if it’s heightened anxiety that’s causing it.
Also in the morning I have dry mouth, this sounds disgusting
But if I bring saliva in my mouth, I have to spit it out in the bathroom. It’s a creamy thick spit. Disgusting I know. Do you have anything like this? Or is it just me
It is so hard your right, and I frighten myself sometimes thinking I’ve been like this on and off for 30 odd years and it gets harder as you get older I find

How’s your day been? Xxx

pinkdove
18-10-17, 16:50
Hi Clio, Mine this time has been anxiety, aggitation, with spells od low level depression, i couldn't eat either when i first started it lost 7lbs, and i still have the dry mouth in the mornings, sweats, and increased anxiety every time i up the dose, the worst thing for me is i can't settle to sit down in the morning, i have to be doing my housework, and then i am flaking out on the sofa, i'm also very tired.

I don't work now do you ? i can hardly get out above an hour at a time.

Today was really bad this morning, by about 3pm. i started to feel it get a bit better, but still relying on my Diazapam, which i take 2mg three times a day, 2 of which i take in the morning.

Yes the older you get, the harder it is to cope with it, Good luck for tomorrow :hugs:

clio51
18-10-17, 17:11
But does your tongue feel sore?
I hate anxiety, it must be the worse illness not being able to relax and get so agitated.
I’m so short tempered, and sometimes don’t want to talk sort of in my own world.
The thing I do is avoid family, they know but I can’t control or feel relaxed.

No I don’t work, thank god and don’t know how people say they have high anxiety and still hold a job. There’s absolutely no way I could sit in an offfice like I did feeling full of dread
AM I hate
PM. After tea. I begin sometimes settle and can watch bit of tv or able to concentrate I read book. Distraction

Bloody dreading my tea next:hugs:

pinkdove
18-10-17, 18:24
You sound exactly the same as me, i don't want anyone around either, get too stressed and feel like bursting into tears.

No i dont have a sore tongue, i have a bottle of water with me all morning, but o know you are doing that.
What are you hoping to get from your meeting tomorrow ? do you want to up your meds ?

clio51
18-10-17, 20:18
It’s so hard to pretend and want to talk, especially when your thinking hurt up leave me
I wish I didn’t have sore tongue, I’m gonna ask him as he heard of it before
I don’t know what to expect!
It only can’t to light last Friday speaking to Gp.
I tried to access my old care team, that I was under with my last episode.
Things have changed dramatically in my area accessing mh, you have to get Gp or yourself to refer to healthy Minds which is first point access.
I was a mess, crying shaking not eating etc and they just gave me Diazepam 5mg twice day
Told to wait to be accessed, 3 weeks it took
There is nowhere in my area where you can pick the phone up or go when your in a panic and just need someone only a&e.
In meantime Gp rang me, saying she’d had letter back from first point entry saying
They’d had a meeting and didn’t think from what doctor had written that I warrant secondary mh care(like last time) and you can only get into that category if you need psychiatrist.
I told her I’d had my phone appt, really waste of time. At the end of the call she said I could have cbt or counselling and to chose. I chose cbt, stage 3 there’s a 10/12 mth waiting list.
So she says the other option is we have a mh nurse at our other pratice, you could go and see him next week!!!! Why I never got this when I was in a right mess I don’t know
Anyway I don’t really know, I just know that he’s from the secondary mh team and can also prescribe drugs if needed and suppose to be good.
I’ve only got 30 mins appt, so I better talk fast lol
I actually managed small chippy tea yeahhhh, but tomorrow morning may be another day
:hugs:xx

pinkdove
18-10-17, 20:30
Good luck Clio, the mental health service is really bad, i have rang the crisis team, 111, and the samaritans in sheer desperation, so i know how you feel, it is the worst feeling in the world. Let me know how you get on, and hope you feel a bit better tomorrow :hugs:

clio51
18-10-17, 20:36
You are so in the same boat as me.
Will do
Take care and try and chill.:hugs:

william wallace
18-10-17, 23:29
Thanks Mr W, came of the Ven in June, was doing so well ......Big mistake, am havin such a bad time, been back on 8 weeks startinG at 37.5mg, just upped slowly and today is day 1 at 150mg, really hope they work again, PLEASE, be very careful if you are still on meds, i think i'll always need to be on them

How are you these days ??? hope you are still doing well , and thanks for your reply, it means a lot too me xx:hugs:

Sorry for the late reply Andrina, been busy with work etc.
I still take Sertraline, that's about six years.
Like yourself, I still have blips, and just work my way through them.
I expect that your life has changed a bit since we last spoke, mine certainly has, not sure if it's for the better.

Long horrible story but Sandra left me last March.
PM if you want the gory details, it might take your mind off your own stuff :wink: xx

pinkdove
19-10-17, 08:48
Mr W have sent you a pm xx

william wallace
19-10-17, 21:28
Never got it Pink, inbox was chockers, want to try again? xx

pinkdove
20-10-17, 08:42
Will do, xx

rockbottok
12-11-17, 14:19
Urghhhh I'm b I again. Anxiety is through the roof. I'm still on my usual dose of 75mg. I find anything more I seem to get signs of seratonin syndrome. What has kicked me of this time is that I'm 7 weeks pregnant. I'm feeling that bad I'm contemplating abortion just so this anxiety goes away. I feel like I'm never gonna get better this time. Anyone else still around? Xx

pinkdove
12-11-17, 16:07
Lou, i have answered your pm, but did not realise you were that bad, i;m so sorry for you, at what should be sy=uch a happy time, what help are you getting??

I have been back on meds for 12 weeks now, and still struggling, i know how you feel, i can only say we done it before, we will do it again, but it is so hard to see an end when your anxiety is so high, i am also worried about the diazapam i am taking.

Lou you need to speak to someone about your pregnancy, and get some proper help with that, and the anxiety, keep posting, we are all here for each other :hugs:

rockbottok
12-11-17, 16:38
I have so much support around me and I've been to the drs but thy are limited to what thy can do whilst I am preg. I had a baby 8 months ago and I was fine with that pregnancy so why now? I don't get it. Are you feeling no better with the 12 weeks back on? Xx

clio51
13-11-17, 15:09
Hi Pink

You getting any morning relief yet? Or still the same.
How’s your eating/sleeping

My sleeping as gone to pot, I went to bed last night at 12 didn’t want to go to early because I’d be up early then and the dreaded morning starts earlier.
I was tossing and turning, trying breathing exercises, but it was winding me up breath through your nose, out through the mouth. So thought sod it, so must of been 1am and I been awake since 6am. Really don’t need to get this to take over, as last time I got like this and ended up on bloody zopiclone. Not going down that route again if poss.
I’ve gone through house like mad woman today, just so I don’t sit there and think.
Just took me till know to manage a small bap for lunch, god I so want my appetite back.
Xx

pinkdove
13-11-17, 15:17
Hi Clio, got my appetite back, and like you wake up early, which i hate, so try and lie, but mind working overtime, so get up, and think, here we go again, today i took 20mg beta blockers this morning to try and calm the shaking/tremor down, i think it helped a bit.

Go to the Gp tomorrow, i think i wanT to give the 150mg 6 weeks, but see what she says, my biggest problem is aggitation, i wish i could just sit in the morning, watch a bit of telly, and then have a shower and clean the house, but i have to get it all done first, then i;m knackered and flop on the sofa with the radio on.

Today has got a bit better, a bit earlier.....don't want to speak too soon, still a long way from being normal, and getting out and about, my car battery has gone flat as i haven't used it for weeks, i miss my normal life, and can't wait till i get back to normal.

When you back at the Gp ? let me know how you get on,and i hope you have a better night tonight :hugs:

clio51
13-11-17, 15:30
There tomorrow 8.50am dreading it, never been out that early for many years not a morning person even when no anxiety/depression

You took beta blocker as well as diazepam?
Doctors are so eager to put meds up and psych are even worse.
I’m just like you the morning dread, I want to just sit there enjoy the tv but I’m starring at it but not listening.
I am forever snapping, Mark doesn’t know if he’s coming or going with me.

Did you go send the psych referral?

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Oh I’m going for walk now to see if I can get rid of some more of this adrenaline lol
Take care xxx

pinkdove
14-11-17, 11:52
Clio will let you know how appt goes it;s not till 4pm x

goodman
24-01-18, 09:12
Hi everyone.... been a long time... use to be on here as Ewood79 but couldnt get access anymore so started this profile some years ago... Hope all is well... Pink, Nicola, Pip, Gordo, Cheers Jarrod xx

pinkdove
24-01-18, 09:19
Hi Jarrod, there's a few of us having problems again, myself included, but getting there slowly, been watching your mum's progress, what a brave lady and such a trooper, hope you are keeping well xx

goodman
24-01-18, 21:10
Hi Jarrod, there's a few of us having problems again, myself included, but getting there slowly, been watching your mum's progress, what a brave lady and such a trooper, hope you are keeping well xx

Yes been lovely to have ur support via FB and Nicola also.... think we all have been having some blips of late... that time of the year xxx

roxy46
22-02-18, 14:03
Hi All

It’s been a really long time since I posted on here (about five years id say). During that time I’ve been on a constant 37.5mg of venlafaxine and been panic/anxiety free. I put a lot of this down to some CBT and mindfulness I learnt.

Shock of my life last Wednesday when out of nowhere (after a bout of the flu) I had a panic attack. My panic attacks usually last for a good hour and involve sweating/shivers/pins and needles and severe worry/depersonalisation. I drove to A & E but didn’t go in, I had some diazepam from a past flight so I took 2mg got to bed and woke up in the morning feeling very anxious!

Straight down to the doctors on Thursday. My dose was increased to 75mg, and I was given 40mg beta blockers three a day. Which the doctor has since swapped to 80mg modified release twice a day. I have woken up panicking nearly every morning and had issues most nights. Until now I’ve been ok at work but I feel like I’ve been in a constant state of panic since about 5 last night. I took another diazepam last night I was so desperate (which I hate doing).

I honestly feel like I’m getting worse not better. I feel so hopeless!

I can’t remember what’s it’s like upping the dose of venlafaxine. Is this constant/worse anxiety a side effect?

Any advice much appreciated

Xxx

pinkdove
22-02-18, 15:56
Hi Roxy, yes it's usual to get a bit of increased anxiety, and feel a bit worse when increasing the dose, it should go away quite soon, and hopefully you will settle on the 75mg. and the beta blockers should help with the physical symptoms till you settle down again.

I myself am going through a relapse, and it's just recently that i am feeling a bit better, but then i stopped my meds last year as i felt better, so i'm starting from scratch, hope you feel better soon xxxx

roxy46
22-02-18, 18:10
Thanks Pink. The Beta blockers aren’t really helping like they did the last time I had them. Only been on the extended release ones twice a day since last night, so wondering if they may take time to level out a bit maybe.

I feel shocking I know that! Feel like I’m shaking inside, my head feels numb it’s horrible!

Good to hear that you are feeling a bit brighter again xxx

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Do you all use the diazepam to get you through a dose increase? I worry about using it 😫

pinkdove
22-02-18, 20:06
I Know how you feel the shaking is horrendous, yes i use daizapam, my gp say's she will wean me off slowly when the time is right, maybe you should ask your gp for propanolol which is a beta blocker, but works quicker, you might have to take it up to 3 times a day, but it might suit you better xx

roxy46
23-02-18, 09:11
Hi Pink. I started with the 40mg beta blockers 3 times a day. In a morning I was feeling quite anxious though which was difficult with a 3 year old. I thought the modified release would keep me on a bit more of an even keel. I used to take Inderal back in the day. For the last three days of taking this Bedranol I’ve felt constantly anxious it’s been awful, felt like I couldn’t function. I also felt like I could feel highs and lows of it kicking in like it wasn’t regular. This morning I have taken a 40mg tablet instead and I feel a little relief for the first time in three days. Thanks for the advice :) Now just to wait for the Ven to kick in xxx

pinkdove
23-02-18, 09:44
Hi Roxy, just rememeber hun, i have no medical experience, just what i feel has helped me in the past, hope you continue to feel better :hugs:

roxy46
23-02-18, 12:08
I know. Thankyou. It just took someone else to say it for me to realise I went downhill after I started the modified release tablets. I will check it out with the doctor to be sure xxx

pinkdove
23-02-18, 13:15
Ok hun, that's the best thing to do, hope you continue to improve, and hopefully the ven will kick in soon, never fat away if you need support xx

roxy46
23-02-18, 13:37
Thankyou. I don’t think I’ll be going anywhere for a while again xxx

pinkdove
23-02-18, 14:48
Roxy, I thought that, and for the first time in months, i have been out in my car to the shops, not very far, and not for long, but for me a huge stop xx

roxy46
24-02-18, 18:25
That’s great! Well done you. I’m really struggling again this evening I’m just so up and down. I wake up bad in the morning then I come round and feel almost normal for a good few hours. Then around 3 o clock I go back off again and have a terrible couple of hours. The doctor says I need to hang in there but Its hard work 😓 xxx

pinkdove
25-02-18, 08:42
Your doctor is right it is hard work, i think the mornings are the hardest, then by evening i felt a lot better, just the nature of the condition hun, but yea hang on in there, i thought i would never feel better, but i'm starting to see leght at the end of the tunnel,and so will you i promise xx

roxy46
25-02-18, 16:25
Thankyou xxx

roxy46
27-02-18, 07:50
How you doing Pink? This thread is very quiet these days. I’m having a rough few days. Just feel like it’s relentless and never ending every day is the same story and it’s never going to improve. It’s strange because I’m not anxious about anything in particular. I’m anxious of the anxiety of that makes sense.

I feel weird in a morning afternoons and tea time. In between I can feel totally normal then it just hits me, not a full panic attack but just all the typical anxious feelings.

I’m wondering if I would be a bit more stable on the extended release tablets or if it makes no difference. I’m currently taking 37.5 normal release morning and night.

Or is it just still early days 😫 Day 11 of the increase today x

pinkdove
27-02-18, 09:55
Hi Roxy, what you are feeling is exactly the same as i did, only i began to feel better in the evening, then the same feelings agagin in the morning, the thread is quiet because everyone is well, and you will be too, i've had a relapse, and am getting better to, i can see it now, but it's slow

Talk to your Gp even if it's a phone consultation they might give you something to get you over the worst, or at least give tou reassurance, xx

roxy46
27-02-18, 10:57
It’s so good to hear that everyone is well. I have a doctors appointment on Friday for a catch up. I’ve also got some CBT lined up. Sometimes I feel so positive but when im in the anxious state I can’t see that. Feeling ok at the moment, just need to hold on to these breaks that I’m getting.

Sorry to hear you had a relapse but it sounds like you’re doing really well. Thanks for the support and if I can give you any just shout. I’ve been on this medication 15 years now. I should know all this but when the panic sets in it’s hard to see sense xxx

pinkdove
27-02-18, 14:07
Yes it is Roxy, we are all the same hun, everything seems to set off our anxiety, even just sitting at home, but you will get there, promise xx

clio51
27-02-18, 19:53
Hi Roxy
I’m an old ven buddy, on a relapse :mad:

I know what you mean about feeling positive one minute then with say hour it’s changed and gone back to frightening. I’m like this.
I’ve been on ven about 7 yrs 150mg, keep thinking off upping but I’m so scared of getting more horrible anxiety symptoms.
I start counselling this Thursday and trying not to put all my hope into it as I’ve been waiting 5 mths(nhs)
Having bad day today, started with slight headache which then I think switched my anxiety on subconsciously and started to feel out of sorts like not with it,lower mood and thoughts of never feeling normal. Ended up taking 2mg diazepam which as helped.

Are you feeling any relief now, it must be hard with a small child when your full of anxiety

roxy46
28-02-18, 22:24
Hi Clio. I remember you from the last time I used to come on here. Sorry to hear you’re having a relapse.

Mine came from nowhere. I’d been on 37.5mg for about 5 years then out of the blue on night I got a panic attack. Next day the anxiety was there like it had never gone. Thing is I’m not really anxious about anything, but once I have all the symptoms I start to worry about everything.

I feel to be having more up time than down time the last few days so fingers crossed I’m going in the right direction. Day 12 of the increase today. I’m still getting some side effects including a weird one where the side of my head goes a bit numb/tingly/burny. Never had that before. I’m very reluctant to take the diazepam (I know it works but I’m so scared of getting tolerant/addicted) even though the doctors and all my family just keep telling me to use it to get through these few weeks. Ive been in some states with the increased anxiety over the last two weeks.

I’ve got some CBT lined up with a councillor in a few weeks, only had to wait 3 weeks. I learnt so much last time and I think it’s why I’ve been well for so long. There’s nothing wrong with putting your faith in the councilling. Give it your best shot.

It is hard with a young full on boy lol, there’s not much peace. I also have a teenager so all ends of the spectrum to deal with. I’m working full time too. Keep thinking I should give myself a break and take some time off to recover but I kind of think works helping.

Just hoping the ups and downs and side effects settle a bit soon.

You take care and I hope the councelling goes well xxx

clio51
01-03-18, 10:11
Wow 3 weeks, that’s fantastic you must in out in the sticks? Or nobody suffers with mh where you live. It’s pathetic where I live Manchester, too much demand. They wouldn’t let me even see the psychiatrist I was under last time(she read my referral from Gp and a&e consultant and said I don’t need secondary care and just up my meds)

You seem to have it under control and in a good mental state, full time work, hormonal teenager and a small child(who are wanting your attention) that’s a chore in itself lol
If work works for you carry on, but when you feel it’s getting too much with everything I think you need to perhap then rethink.

I’m just glad I don’t work now, coping with severe anxiety and the stress of having to turn up to work would be a nightmare for me.

Counselling got cancelled today, weather.

Take care, let’s know how your doing when you’ve time x

roxy46
01-03-18, 20:01
I am a bit out in the sticks. A little place called Hebden Bridge. Not too far from you but I imagine a completely different story when it comes to demand for counselling etc. I have a friend who is a psychiatrist fir the NHS and I think it’s pretty dire with funding and workload at the moment. So many cuts it’s really wrong.

I haven’t got it under control All the time lol. I try my best to hide it from the kids which is a chore in itself. Some days I do think I’m doing to much and I should give myself some time to recover. But then I remember my first ever breakdown when I spent weeks on the sofa never leaving the house and I fancy that even less. A bit of both would be best I think but for now I’m gonna keep pushing myself. Hopefully it will be for the better and not end up with me having a total meltdown.

Shame about the counselling being cancelled but it’s been pretty rough out there today. Maybe it will be best when it’s s bit less stressful. How are you feeling today?

My day has been much the same as the last week, a little more anxious today I think but I’m getting a bit of a break now. Been reading my old posts from 2013 and it’s so strange, I was writing all the exact same things and symptoms etc on that increase. It’s reassured me a bit that I just have to wait it out. Not when I’m anxious though lol then I feel like it’s never gonna end.

The worst thing for me at the moment is i don’t feel like I’m enjoying anything. I’m so flat. I think a bit of depression creeps in when you’re anxious because it’s so debilitating. I feel bad that I should be having fun with the little one etc like I usually do, although I put on a good act my hearts just not in it.

Anyway another day tomorrow. Day 14 of my increase. Docs in the morning at 8:30 for a catch up.

Keep well xxx

kutuup
04-03-18, 18:34
Hi , a lot of you will know i have been taking citalopram for some months now, and although it did help, i never really got 100% well, still had low moods and some anxiety.

However i saw my gp and she changed me from 25mg citalopram to 37.5 mg twice a day of venafaxine. i did a straight swap over, and am now on day 16.

I think it is making me slightly better :) have had no bad side effects or withdrawal symptoms from the cit, my question is, will i get further improvement at this dose ? as i don't want to increase too soon.

I would love to hear any positive stories from anyone using ven xx

Your help would be appreciated xx

I personally found Venlafaxine to be significantly more effective than citalopram for me. However, I found the withdrawals from Vanlafaxine to be much more severe, and if I miss a dose I get head zaps, sweating, anxiety, nausea, and horrific nightmares until I take it again. With Citalopram I never really got withdrawal if I missed a dose, but Vanlafaxine really kicks my ass.

I'm planning to get off meds altogether soon following therapy, but I think it will be more difficult to cut out Velafaxine than it was to switch off Citalopram.

All in all, it worked very well for me I just wish it was easier to get off it.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

I see a lot of people are discussing therapy, too.

Personally I was incredibly lucky to get funded via insurance to see a guy over in Egham for CBT for a few months. I credit him with pretty much putting me back together and completely changing my life in terms of mental health. I cannot speak highly enough of him. He has the patience of a Saint and is legit one of the most caring and calming people I've ever met.

His name is Simon Hillier if you're in the area. He runs an independent practice out of Egham Town center. I also found Healthy Minds on the NHS to be very effective before that, but he just had the magic touch in terms of getting me back on an even keel.

If you don't have private insurance, I can highly recommend going through Healthy Minds. They tend to be much more specialised in dealing with mental health than the first line therapists you see on the NHS but you can still see them on national insurance in many areas. Wait times are a bit long but both me and my sister were able to see them within a month or so of applying and we made strong progress with them.

clio51
04-03-18, 18:46
Kutuup
I think you read the first page by pinkdove, the last one is 505

Glad to see your doing well

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Tried to copy my thread on here may get more traffic
But it won’t let me and can’t be ar.... typing it again
Please have a read

roxy46
12-04-18, 08:35
Not sure if anyone is still around on this thread but just lookind for a little advice if possible. After a relapse in anxiety/panic attacks 8 weeks ago i increased my dose of venlafaxine to 75mg from 37.5mg which i had been stable on for about 4 years. Had a really tough time with the increase (really bad increased anxiety). I started to feel a bit better by week 6ish. I am also taking proprananol.

So this is where i am now. I feel 'ok' im plodding along day to day, managing to do everything i need to, go to work, look after the house, look after the kids etc. Ive put some things in place to give me some 'me' time, yoga, mindfulness, bit of running. Im going to CBT therapy (again) once a week and attending a peer support group for anxiety and depression.

Problem is I still don't feel quite right. I feel like i have background anxiety a lot of the time. Its not crippling like it was but its there and makes me feel a bit down. I have a doctors appointment today. Im wondering if i should increase my dose or is it still early days? I'm a bit reluctant considering the increased anxiety i always get when I increase.

Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated

xxx

clio51
12-04-18, 14:24
Hi Roxy
Its bloody awful this anxiety lark! I hate it.

Think your to hard on yourself, to actually do what your doing is great:) especially full time work, then picking little un up and then getting tea ready etc etc.
Not to mention then going out to “your time things”.

Take a step back :) overload, ( dont know how you fit them in lol) you need to relax and maybe not think to much about anxiety/depression things.

Im exactly the same as you(well prob bit worse, as no way could i sit in office and pretend. Id be out the door)
I have days where have have headache and have a weird feeling in my mouth(hard to explain) feels like gums behing top teeth are swollen and tongue as a weird sensation going on constantly. Defo medication and anxiety causing it. It really winds me up.

When your involved and focused on something (work,group etc) can you forget about body sensations? Or do you feel them when sat eg tv etc?
So how long have you been on 75mg now? 6 weeks
I’ve been on 187mg 5 weeks now, slight improvement, but still feel agoraphobic at times
I can’t plan anything, like keeping appts attending family celebrations, visiting friend and family, I have to see what I’m like day to day. It’s sh..

Just tell Gp how you feel, and see what she suggest? Obviously you have to be happy about decision.

Let’s know how you get on xx

roxy46
15-04-18, 19:49
Thanks Clio. It’s good to hear from you.

I definitely think too much about the anxiety, I think that’s one of the things that keep it going. I do do too much, but I think that’s one of my ways of trying to block out/run away from how I’m feeling.

I am amazed by the number of symptoms there are of anxiety. I have convinced myself I have ms several times from the weird things I get. I take a beta blocker so generally the physical symptoms aren’t so bad at the moment it’s the mental chatter that drives me mad. I find it very difficult to relax at all. Up until this weekend I was having really good days and could relax quite a bit and generally get on with life.

So I was on the 75mg for 8 weeks on Friday. The doctor was really pleased with my progress from when she first saw me and suggested I stay at the same dose which I was fine with. However this weekend I went away for the weekend and had a major setback, feel like I’m almost back to square one. Constantly anxious, waking at 4am lots of physical symptoms. How quickly things can change! Not sure if this is my queue to increase, or if the venlafaxine has stopped working for me after so many years or if it’s just the stress of being away from home and out of my routine/comfort zone. I get so scared I’m always going to be this anxious person, it’s just not the real me �� worst thing is I’m so scared to take the diazepam I have when I’m in this state I suffer all day then sometimes (not often) cave in later on and even then I only take 1mg.

Sounds like you are a bit brighter than you were to me and at 5 weeks there’s still room for improvement! Small steps at a time! Don’t put too much pressure on yourself.

I’m going to give it a few days to see if this settles down and if not go back to the doctor and see what she says. So reluctant to go through another increase again as I seem to really suffer with them xxx

clio51
16-04-18, 18:21
Hi Roxy

I get all what your saying regarding the anxiiety, we try to help ourshelves so much (because we hate it so) finding things out, reading things,group things etc that thsts all were doing really is feeding the anxiety! And not forgetting about it by doing relsxing other things.

I too get the mental chatter, soon as i open my eyes in the morning it starts. I only seem to relax pm, all day im tense and fuelled with adrenalin

Or that was a shame you couldnt relax enough to enjoy the weekend:hugs:
I think it was because of what your going through at mo and you were a bit out of your comfort zone. Then theres the added pressure of wanting for everything to be enjoyable and you being well .

We all have our own ways of coping, what suits one doesnt another.
Like me, if anxiety is high i just cant see family/friends or appointments. I have to wait to come back down again then when i know i can manage it i do.
Others will be able to push through that.

Maybe give it another month with Ven, im sure you will be calmer in a few days.
Can u relax enough to watch tv or read a book?

At the mo im waking early 6 ish (early for me) and i can feel myself trying hard to get back to sleep
Instead of letting it just happen! No wonder im tossing and turning
Im the same when i go to bed, too focussed on sleeping
Its becoming a habit, i need to relax
Wine tonight lol

Oh to be able to relax, take care xx

Linda 10
28-05-18, 09:48
Hope you do not mind be posting on this thread but I have just started on ven 75 xxl today will b my 2 day , I really want to take it but with my first tablet yesterday the anxiety was like I was climbing the wall ,could not sit still and felt like I was shaking in side like vibrating it was not nice , as for the sweats it is my feet but the rest of me is cold and shivering thanks for letting me just sound off hope every one else is doing fine

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Well just took my second ven tablet could only have a few spoonfuls of yoghurt and a small banana I know you are supposed to eat but I just can't face food , hope I don't have a day like yesterday X linda

pinkdove
28-05-18, 10:57
Hi Linda, maybe speak to your Gp about starting on 37.5mg. just till your body adjusts to the meds, it is side effects and will pass, but i started on 37.5xl. and found that enough, raising to 75mg after a few weeks, hope this helps hun, and you have a better day xxxx

Linda 10
28-05-18, 14:43
We'll do not think my doc will b happy if I change as in the past have been on matzo then I asked for progablin she was not happy with this but give it to me well when that did not work had to leave it up to her on what to give me sa long as they will pass thanks linda

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Thanks for that pink dove BUT don't think my doc will b happy as in the last 2 and a half year have been on many meds even pregablin and she was not happy about , think am having withdrawals from escitalapram was only on it 3and a half week and se from the ven as well thanks a lot linda

Linda 10
30-05-18, 09:21
Well day 4 on ven and anxiety very high and getting a tingling feeling in my left breast and arm ,didn't sleep well last night and also starting to feel sick really hope I can live with the start up . Just laying on the sofa all day just can not be bothered have 2 loverly little dogs havachons ,but just have no time for them xx

Linda 10
30-05-18, 14:00
I have had 2 diazepam already to day but it has not helped with the anxiety an thinking about ringing the crisis people but don't know to. Linda x

pinkdove
30-05-18, 15:34
Linda, ring for some help. your Gp, or the crisis team, sounds as if you are having a rough ride xx

Linda 10
30-05-18, 16:42
Thanks I rang the crisis team they said to take my diazepam but I only have a few left and my doc said she will not give me any more .the first 2 day where not bad this must be the start of the side affects my worst side affect is the tingling in my left breast it's is very painful the ladies on the phone said to take painkillers every 4 hours it might help if I use all my diazepam will go to our walkin out of hours clinic and try to get some more thanks pink dove x

Linda 10
01-06-18, 09:02
Well after a bad day on Wednesday Thursday was not to bad and I did sleep a little , but to day Friday have woken up feeling a bit sick just don't understand one day one day bad and the next not to bad . It must just be the tablet getting in system ? I hope Still don't feel like eating much but I could do with losing a bit weight after been on mitazipine for 2 years it helped me sleep at first but did nothing for anxiety. Thanks Linda x

will351
05-08-18, 23:04
Can it take more than 4 weeks to fullyimprove I am on 75XL and just started mirtzapam 15 2 days ago.