PDA

View Full Version : from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

nicola1980
06-07-12, 19:02
Thanks Pip, im just starting to feel better tonight, but NEVER again will i touch any type of that AD again, my shrink did warn me of some side effects but not to that extent :ohmy: xx

pinkdove
07-07-12, 12:24
hi guys, really hope that some of you are feeling better today, nicola that sounds horrendous hun, you must have been so scared, and i bet your hubby got a fright too, hope you start to improve soon xx

pip hope the meal went well, the weather is better tody, so maybe pink sunhat and cava, hope you have a good weekend x

kate how are things hun ?

paul i really admire you. getting off the diazapam, and hope you are continuing to improve x

slowfish where are you ?

maria are you feeling any better hun?

to all the other ven buddies......how are you all ?

well sold my first lingerie item on ebay today :yesyes: so thats up and running and keeping me busy, still feeling good, quiet weekend ahead, had a crap spell of the sweating this morning, but it is hot here today, hope you are all well :hugs: to you all xx

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

oh pip i m a woose about going to the dentist, i mean real fear, still havent been, i know its daft, but it is my worse nightmare lol

Sober2000june
07-07-12, 12:57
Hi All,

Well, It's absolutely tipping it down in Glasgow - the whole week has been like living in a cloud.:mad:

Managed to get all the house stuff done for my wife arriving this aft. Had a good meeting last night and a good laugh at Graham Norton show:D. Why can’t I feel like this for more than the couple of hrs before bedtime every day:weep:. Got to remember that I can go to bed now and almost certain I will get a good 6hrs unbroken sleep even if I have to go to loo about half dozen times before I go to sleep:wacko:.
Suppose I need to remember that diaz is still traceable in blood stream up to 30 days after last dose, with smaller amounts remaining at cellular level for longer. The thing is, I never wanted to use diaz in the 1st place but it was the only thing my GP would offer for AD side effects.
Got to keep reminding myself that this will not be for ever.

Keep posting everyone, it keeps the momentum going:yesyes:

Take care,
Paul

LAURA48
07-07-12, 14:14
Hi

Well just got in from the psychiatrist and am officially on 75mg Effexor XR capsules as of tonight! He thought I have gone downhill quick and severely depressed. Wants me to double in 5 days time as wants me to get on the SNRI dosage no SSRI! that worries me - but he said to take lorazepam when needed at this stage.

He said from tapering down the Cit I had left no serotonin in my brain! and that why I had the constant crying! Got a private prescription (got 14 for £20) and the rest will be from my GP - he was reluctant to give me a private script as said I was paying enough - I said I wanted Effexor the brand name for consistency and he was happy with that.

Hopefully this one will work - he said he may add on at some stage.

Anyway officially a Ven buddy!

Hope you are all ok.

Love Laura xx

Pipkin
07-07-12, 16:25
Hi all,

Lovely weather here today - a complete contrast to yesterday. Freddie still managed to get covered in mud on our walk as he seems to like racing through every puddle.

I had a lovely meal out last night and a good catchup with my old school friend. Drank a bit too much and feel rough and tired today so I'm heading for an hour's nap shortly.

Laura - welcome to the club! I'm on the Effexor brand at the minute as my pharmacist had run out of the generic capsules. Can't say I've noticed the slightest difference but then I'm not very sensitive to that kind of thing. When buying pain killers or anti-histamines, I always buy the cheapest non-brand as they work fine. Let us know how you get on over the next few weeks. Remember that it can be hard going for some people at first but that there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Nicola - I hope you're having a relaxing day and that the weather's good where you are. You deserve a break after your horrendous experience which sounds terrifying. Well done for getting through it!

Paul - those couple of hours of respite you're having will soon turn into 3 then 4 and before you know it, you're anxious moments will be the exception. You're cracking it!

Pink - first sales, excellent! I see a chain of stores on the horizon - Pink's Knicks! As I said, I used to be terrified of the dentist too and didn't go for years. Eventually, I got such bad toothache that I had to see an emergency dentist which was an awful experience as I had to have a tooth out and it was so big that it took 2 people to remove it. Argh! I then registered with a dentist and explained I was frightened. He's very patient and always explains just what he's going to do. If I'm in the mood, I tell him not to talk to me and I zone out, imagining I'm on a tropical beach. Stupid as it may sound, it works. My advice - force yourself to go before your teeth make the decision for you! I left it too long and ended up having to have loads of work done and lots of expensive cosmetic dentistry to sort it all out. If I can do it, anyone can.

I'll check in later.

Take care

Pip xxx

nicola1980
07-07-12, 16:40
Hi all, well ive had a much better day today, think the imiprimine is nearly all out my system now thank god!! going to stick with the ven as it has helped but i think maybe i need to be on 150mg? just scares me going up xx

pinkdove
07-07-12, 18:22
hi guys, laura so glad you got your script, and im sure you will find them better than the cit, as pip says it can be tough at first, but yo have back up for that. it must be terrible for you just now, i remember so well the depression, just the hardest thing i've ever had to cope with, so can really sympathise with you, fingers crossed you are on the road to recovery at last xx

paul you will notice the good times becoming longer, untill the bad ones are barely noticable, you.ve been a busy boy today, hope you have a nice time when your wife gets back, keep going paul, one day at a time , t

nicola, so pleased you are feeling a bit better today, try and stick with the ven if you can, i cant tell you the difference it has made to my life. good luck hun we're all here for you xx

pip glad you had a good catch up, and enjoyed your meal. its just the extra booze making you feel tired today, you will feel better after your nap, cant drink the same on ven i have found that too, although i would have a cheap night getting drunk now lol thanks for the dentist advice, i will take it on board. nice here today too just one heavy shower,been out and about, and just living a normal life. feels good, pip enjoy the rest or your weekens xx
hows everyone else doing ?

Pipkin
07-07-12, 20:24
Pink - feeling much better after a nap though I've woken up with bags like suitcases under my eyes. It's a good job I'm not going out tonight. I read back my last post and made the dentist sound awful. Sorry, I wasn't trying to scare you, just encourage you. Have a think about it and build up to going. Sometimes just popping in to meet the dentist is a good first step. I'd come in with you if I could :hugs:

I think I'll lay off the wine tonight as I still feel a bit rough - not anxious just tired. Got a bit of tv to catch up on so I'm going to put my feet up and relax.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
07-07-12, 21:58
thanks pip, have a good night and get plenty of rest x

proteus
07-07-12, 22:23
It's time for a Venlafaxine update!

I'm currently on day four of 37.5mg once daily and have some very positive things to say about this drug!

Firstly, the side effects are nearly non-existant. It makes me a bit sleepy, but I don't think I even felt any nausea today. Only particularly noticeable side effect that I can mention is that it made me feel pretty hot and sweaty - but that could just be the weather!

Will this remain the case when I up the dose to twice daily on day seven? Let's hope so.

In terms of anxiety, I am feeling a very noticeable improvement. While some anxiety remains, it was greatly diminished. Instead of my social anxiety being overwhelming, it was a little worry that occasionally surfaced in my mind. It's hard to say how much of this is simply due to being off Fluoxetine (which made me very anxious), but I there is definitely an appreciable improvement!

I can only hope I continue to feel this good when I return to 6th Form!

LAURA48
08-07-12, 09:51
Hi - so pleased you are getting on well. I started Effexor yesterday at 75mg - feel ok - quite relaxed this morning. I have to double on day 5!! bit nervous about that but so pleased to be off citalopram as making my depression worse.

I have sent you a pm.

Laura

Pipkin
08-07-12, 10:08
Laura & Proteus - great news and I'm sure you'll carry on seeing some great benefits. It's certainly helped me a lot and it's good to see some positives when quite a few people on here are struggling.

Take care

Pip x

nicola1980
08-07-12, 10:31
Hi so pleased your getting on ok Proteus and Laura :D well im alot calmer now the imipramine is out my system.....nasty stuff....shudder!! still on 112.5mg of ven slow release but seriously considering increasing to 150mg??
Hope everyone has a lovely day :hugs: xx

pinkdove
08-07-12, 11:48
hi guys, proteus, so pleased for you, i was the same very little side effects, and when i increased the dose, not much different at all, although i still get the sweats a bit, but my gp said they might go in time, but i can cope, the benefots of the ven are too good to mess with, hope you continue to improve x

good luck laura really hope this works for you hun x

nicola, pleased you are feeling a bit better, dont worry if you need 150mg i am fine on that, and it has changed my life. good luck x

pip, hope you had a good rest yesterday, and have a good sunday, nice to take rosie a walk today and come back with clean paws lol its quite nice here (at the moment) i will say it again for all you guys still struggling i have never felt this calm in years !!!!

hope everyone is is ok

slowfish where are you ?

Pipkin
08-07-12, 12:11
Hello all,

Set off for a nice long walk, mild and dry, no rain forecast till later and then.... deluge and I got drenched. Dog got filthy and then disappeared into a bush and decided it was nice and dry there so he thought he'd take root. After finally extracting him and getting home, the rain stops and it's much brighter. I'm fed up of this weather and think I should emigrate...

I'm fine today and not so tired. I'm staying in this afternoon and am going to read and take it easy as I can't be bothered to go out again. Not bothered about the tennis though I'm sure Pink will be cheering on her fellow countryman. If he wins, I wonder if he'll smile?

Till later

Pip x

Btw, I too have rarely been so calm. The ven is the main factor and also a high dose of fast-release puppy has helped!

Sober2000june
08-07-12, 13:18
Pink, Pip I am so jealous when I here of you two saying just going to relax:shades:. Anyway I know what you mean about the sweats Pink, as I type my hands are as greasy as a cheap fish supper.

Off out down the coast with two eldest to do a spot of fishing, can hardly be bothered – been like that recently, kind of think I might need to head into nor epinephrine country if this doesn’t lift. Normally I would be watching the tennis, especially being a fellow Scot, but can’t be @rsed. As I said to my GP when does it change from should to want?

Anyway finishing on positives; still off Diazepam and the missus and I are still cool and the gang:bighug1:

Love and peace,
Paul

nicola1980
08-07-12, 13:37
Im a bit confused as to what dosage ven turns into an SRNI? I thought it was on whatever dose? X x

pinkdove
08-07-12, 14:15
not sure about that nicola but pip will answer it later.

tep cheering on andy this afternoon........come on scotland !!!!

proteus
08-07-12, 14:23
Im a bit confused as to what dosage ven turns into an SRNI? I thought it was on whatever dose? X x

From a quick google:

"Daily doses of Venlafaxine of 150 mg or less, do not exert any effect on
noradrenaline re-uptake and so acts in a similar manner to an SSRI."

LAURA48
08-07-12, 16:30

Hi Nicola - think shrink said anything over 200mg

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

Sorry Nicola he said anything above 150mg - over 300mg acts as something else.

He said eventually he would like me on 225mg! baby steps I think!

pinkdove
08-07-12, 17:45
come on ANDY !!!!

Pipkin
08-07-12, 17:53

Nicola,

Prepare to be bored as I did quite a bit of reading up on this a few months ago as there have been lots of studies on it and I find it quite interesting...

The answer is that no-one is exactly sure but it's clear that at 37.5mg a day, ven only increases seratonin levels (the same as an SSRI) and at high levels (375mg), it also increases norepinephrine (also called noradrenalin) levels but only at 5-20% of the seratonin levels. This makes it an SNRI.

What isn't clear is at which dose the norepinephrine effects kick in. Some studies say 75mg, some 150mg and others 225mg, hence the higher the dose, the stronger the effect but also the potential for side effects. Most people believe that 150mg is the threshold so doctors of people who haven't done well on SSRIs like to get them upto 150mg quite quickly.

My (non-medical but quite well read) opinion is that it's on a sliding scale across all doses. I didn't do well at all on an SSRI but find ven at 75mg very effective which leads me to believe it has some (if quite small) effect on norepinephrine levels at my dose. Of course, that could be down to the placebo effect.

To add more complication, ven also acts on dopamine levels at the highest doses of 300mg+.

Having said all of that, it's how you feel that's important because, ultimately, no-one is sure why ADs work at all as the exact cause of anxiety disorders and depression is still a bit of a mystery to the medical profession. That's why in your information leaflets it says that it is not fully understood how they work but it is thought that...

Pip x

nicola1980
08-07-12, 18:46
Interesting Pip thanks :D xx

LAURA48
08-07-12, 19:48
Hi

My husband has just got in from work and he says the psychiatrist said ven becomes SNRI at 225mg and over 300mg dopamine kicks in but normally prescribed to hospitalised patients.

pinkdove
08-07-12, 20:06
wow pip a great explanation, i dont know what's kicked in for me....but i like it.

well maybe next year for andy :shrug: had another very relaxed day, becoming a habit this. hows everyone else doing ?

Sober2000june
08-07-12, 20:25
chilling now been not bad since about 7:shades:

pinkdove
08-07-12, 20:33
hi paul thats fantastic, hope it continues for you, keep chillin its a good feelin x

Pipkin
08-07-12, 21:59
Good news Paul - enjoy your relaxing evening and get used to it, there'll be more to come.

Pip

Sober2000june
09-07-12, 11:51
Hope everyone having a good day (well as good as Mondays can be). Yet again it is raining in Glasgow - sure I saw a guy building an Ark on the way into work this morning. Tough morning; headaches, nausea and generally sh!t feeling. Doing quite a menial job at moment, but mustn’t complain as I probably have an IQ of sub 70 at mo. Still lets focus on positives- day 26 no diaz:D and wife and I managed to enjoy bit of tv together last night:).

Hoping to join the world again soon,

Paul:hugs:

Pipkin
09-07-12, 12:49
Hi all,

Having a quick stroll whilst on my lunch break. I have a feeling of impending doom today for no apparent reason. I think it's just the Monday thing and work's been quiet this morning which I don't like. I'm sure I'll perk up later, especially if the weather stays nice and I get to go on a long walk after work.

Paul - keep at it. I'm sure you're improving - at least it sounds like that from your posts.

Till later

Pip x

LAURA48
09-07-12, 13:29
Hi there

Just popped to the doctors this am - as saw my psychiatrist on Sat and prescribed a private prescription for Effexor XL for 14 caps. So this morning and asked my normal GP for the same. He said there was no way he could prescribe it as too expensive - the only one he could prescribe was ViePax XL 75mg tabs - had not even heard of it.

Just worried it will not work the same it is by Dexcel Pharma and he said it would always be this brand - did not want to get into a debate as he is normally excellent and has been very good he said he would get a complaint from the PCT if he prescribed Effexor. Is it me? or do you think he was being unfair. Just some feedback please.

Thanks Laura x

pinkdove
09-07-12, 13:48
hi guys, pip sorry you are feeling a bit rough this morning, it s probably just monday morning blues, and i know you will do everything you can to see it off. its nice here to, hubby redcorating the front roon ,today, so been busy clearing everything away,hope you pick up soon pip, a nice long walk with freddie will do the trick, as long as the rain stays off. terrible sweats for me today, but i have been really busy, and it is very warm, so maybe that , take care xx

paul, i still think you will be fighting the effects os no diaz they say it is so hard to get off, and as pip says i think your improving, but it takes time, probably sick of hearing that, but its a fact, glad you and your wife had some quality time together, keep going paul, your getting there xx

laura , i think its awful when you are paying a private pysc, and your gp wont give you what you have been prescribed. having said that. i dont know much about the one he has prescibed you, but as long as they are slow release venlafaxine, they should work in exactly the same way. again pip will tell you more later, hope you are feeling a bit better, i know you must be upset about the meds, why not have a word with your pysc ? take care hu xx

hows everyone else today ?

LAURA48
09-07-12, 14:04
Hi

Thanks Pink - seem to get hassle all the time - I know I even asked for Venlafaxine Caps and he said no - the ones I have are 100 per cent Venlafaxine slow release - they say just the same - normally he is really good and know him well as I used to work for him. This is Cambs area - nevermind will give them a go!

Pipkin
09-07-12, 15:49
Hi all,

Feeling a bit better now - just a bit tired. Hopefully I won't be too late finishing work today.

Pink - thanks for the support. Just having one of those down days that we all have from time to time. Nothing I can't sort out.

Laura - I won't give you war and peace on your question which I normally do but the long and short of it is that the prescribing of ven extended release varies from GP to GP. Some won't prescribe the XR at all, some will only prescribe the XR tablets (this is what they are supposed to do and what you've got), some are happy to prescribe the generic XR capsules (this is what I got with a bit of arm twisting) and, very rarely, some prescribe Effexor (Pink was very lucky to have a GP who would prescribe this). For info, the Viepax XR tablets cost £18 and the Effexor, £32 for a month's supply.

I have taken the generic slow release tablets, generic XR capsules and Effexor XR capsules and I can't tell any difference at all. I don't worry about what I get now from the pharmacist - they all work the same. The good news for you is that your GP has prescribed XR rather than the standard release which are a pain as you have to take them twice a day and be careful about the timings. They can also make you feel more nauseous.

I hope that gives you some reassurance.

Pip x

LAURA48
09-07-12, 16:01
Hi Pip - oh thanks for that - think when anxiety is high - you feel irritated by little things. He is a lovely GP - yes Pink was very lucky to get the brand. That has really reassured me - I am find already they are helping me.

May I ask what dose you are on as prescribed 75mg and the psych wants me to up tomorrow to 150mg - thought I would do this at weekend? What is your unprofessional view on this?

Thanks Laura

slowfish
09-07-12, 16:40
Hi All

Not having a great day today, just feeling very negative and very tired. Not sure whether I should ask GP for a dose increase. This is now week 9 on ven, week 5 on 150mg. Still early days?

Hope you get along ok with ven Laura x

LAURA48
09-07-12, 16:45
Hi Slow

I know eventually the psychiatrist said for me 225mg! seems high and I think one day at a time please! Would think about asking your GP for an increase - no harm in asking - hope you feel better soon. I haven't been sleeping too well but feel tired? Early days but do feel better.

Take care

Laura x

pinkdove
09-07-12, 16:53
slowfish, yea i think you shoud have a word with your gp, he might feel you need a slight increase, 5 weeks on 150mg...mmm we are all different, but if you feel they are not making you any better, then maybe an increase, i think i was about week 5/6 on 150mg when i started to feel the benefits, and still had a bit to go, hope you feel better soon xx

laura pip is on 75mg of ven, and has settled on that, but he has been on them before and knows this will work for him, glad you are feeling a bit better today xx

pip so glad you are feeling a bit better too, hope you get finished early, have a really lazy chilled out night, recharge your batteries. take care xx

LAURA48
09-07-12, 17:06
Thanks Pink for answering that.

I think slowfish should increase - worth a try? Did you have any sleep problems at the beginning Pink?

pinkdove
09-07-12, 17:42
laura not on ven, but i did on cit, but then again i was really ill then, but on ven i dont so much sleep, s slip into a coma lol. and yea slowfish should have a word with his gp xx

Pipkin
09-07-12, 18:45
Hello!

Back from work, been for a walk and feeling much better. I love coming home to a little dog who's so pleased to see me - it really cheers me up.

Pink - hopefully I'm not speaking too soon but I think I've cracked the house training. No accidents at all for over 2 weeks. That was my worst fear so I'm really pleased. I'm talking about the dog, btw!

Laura - Pink's correct, I'm on 75mg and quite settled on that. Regarding your increase, my advice is always to follow your doctor's recommendation. The guidance says to increase in weekly intervals if the current dose is being tolerated. It's always best to feel comfortable with the dose you're on before increasing and, as you seem to have settled quite quickly, an increase at the weekend sounds quite sensible.

Definitely don't worry about the brand of ven you're prescribed, it's very unlikely you'll notice any difference, as I said. I have a good feeling that you'll see the same benefits as Pink and I.

Let us know how you're getting on as I store up all the information in my already overloaded brain so that, if someone else asks a similar question in future, I can describe your experience - hence me being able to tell you that hardly anyone on here has really noticed a brand difference. I think the only person is Pink who got heartburn from one of hers (not the one you've been prescribed).

Take care

Pip x

LAURA48
09-07-12, 19:02
Hi Pip - thanks for your support - will definitely keep you updated. It would be pink who got heartburn our Krystal Carrington likes the best!! lol!

Seriously - just think being agitated at the moment I tend to over-react to stuff and whittle!

Love Laura xx

Pipkin
09-07-12, 19:07
just think being agitated at the moment I tend to over-react to stuff and whittle!
I know the feeling! Hey Laura - another 14 posts and you're going to turn into a senior member and you'll join the OAP club like Pink and I!

xx

LAURA48
09-07-12, 21:04
Hi Pip

Gosh didn't realise that! Is that good or bad!

Pipkin
09-07-12, 21:30
Good of course. Maturity is always best! How are you feeling tonight?

Pip x

LAURA48
09-07-12, 21:34
Not too bad - cannot believe I have done 2 days without constant sobbing it was terrible. Looked in my diary and for every day was on citalopram 70 days - 67 were spent crying! something wrong hey? I haven't needed to go to bed in the afternoon either! and haven't needed as much lorazepam - oh I am keeping my fingers crossed!

joy
09-07-12, 21:49
Hey

Just checked and I'm a senior member too! Great bad enough to be a senior citizen as well as being a senior on here too!!!!

Joy

pinkdove
09-07-12, 22:10
laura :yesyes: at last a bit of relief for you, you so deserve it !!!!

really hope this is the turning point for you :hugs:

Sober2000june
09-07-12, 22:13
Just saw your post Laura about the 225mg. My doc wants me on 225 as well but i can go up when i want. This is me into week 6 of 150mg and still really toiling during day. only seem to feel half human after 7ish. I'm going to give it another week and see cos this is extremely hard work. Who knows we might be the 225ers:)
Have a good night all,

LAURA48
09-07-12, 22:19
Hi Paul - seems a high dose doesn't it? The trouble with psychiatrists they do like high doses - he said it becomes an SNRI at that dose really powerful! Cannot think of it at the moment! lol!

Take care

Laura

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

laura :yesyes: at last a bit of relief for you, you so deserve it !!!!

really hope this is the turning point for you :hugs:

Hi Pink

Probably a bit of the honeymoon period - tbh expecting a dip but at least there has been a little respite!

Pipkin
09-07-12, 23:03
Laura - sounds much more positive and I'm really pleased you're feeling better. You must be absolutely exhausted after all those days feeling so bad. Here's to the start of feeling back to normal!

Joy - I only turned senior recently. I'm still waiting for my bus pass...

Pip x

Sober2000june
10-07-12, 09:37
Hope everyone is doing well today:)

Morning Laura,

The positive you can take from your shrink being, at least he has an open discussion with you about meds; mine on the other hand has little or no interest in discussing meds. When I mentioned Venlafaxine he just simply said "you can try it if you want". Nothing along the lines of "In my many years of experience within mental health, and taking into account your symptoms and lack of relief from the 3 previous AD's(Citalopram, Sertraline and Mirtazapine) I feel you may benefit from a SNRI". He is my 2nd shrink and my GP agreed that I can sack him too. Hoping maybe it might be third time lucky with an NHS Psych, or if not, I may go private and see one who specialises in addiction along with anxiety and depression recommended by a group member of mine.

Anyhoo,

better do some work:blush:.

Have a good day all,

Paul

LAURA48
10-07-12, 09:47
Hi Paul - I totally understand what you are saying. On the NHS the best they could offer me was a Gateway Worker - and I work with him! nice chap and all that but he cannot prescribe. When I complained, in a nice way, they said a Psychiatric Nurse!!! this was in April and the appoint would be June!! I did put a complaint to Cambs Mental Health! through PALS - waste of time! Hence the private thing - £200 for 45 minutes - but he is straight to the point - he said at the beginning I would like to try Citalopram an SSRI as very good results for OCD (Pure) and that is a standard guideline - may use an add on? pending on how you feel. Plan b would be Venlfaxine XL - loads of adds on with that one. He does not like Benzos - which I have taken for a long time but doesn't go on about it and he does a bit of CBT (not a fan tbh). He specialises in addiction too.

Will pm details to you - just have a look.

Take care

Laura x

joy
10-07-12, 13:28
Hi Paul

Dont get me started about NHS shrinks,no bloomin good and no come back if you need them have to wait for next apt usually 8 weeks away. You can ring the so called Duty Worker who when you say you are paralysed with panic, she says stupid things like go and bake a cake to distract yourself. Its so stupid when you can hardly get off the settee with fear. So I went private and got a lovely shrink who says inbetween visits i can email him at anytime and he gets back to me withinh hours. so nice is he,that all tho he is on holiday at the mo I can still email him and he'll get back to me within 24 hours. Fortunately I havent had to do that but have an apt with him next week anyway.

Where in the country do you live Paul??

Love Joy

pinkdove
10-07-12, 13:37
hiya guys, sorry some of you are having a bad time,

paul i think your right give it another week on 150mg, slowfish is about the same as you, unsure whether to increase or not, hard i know i was there too, but you are doing great. completely off the diazapam train well done !!!, but if you still dont feel better until around 7pm, i would speak to your gp, good luck.

laura, i can see from your posts you are feeling a bit better, and thats great, dont look for a crash, the meds might be just what you need i hope so, how are you today ?

pip, how are you today ? another good one for me, still keeping busy and selling knickers. rain here today (for a change) watch freddies mucky paws lol x

joy how are you doing on your new meds ?

hows everone else today ?

LAURA48
10-07-12, 15:31
Hi

Pink - yes not too bad - thoughts are still there - but expect that but not as anxious - feel they will do something as have not felt like this on the beginning of any others apart from Prozac all those years ago - so keep fingers crossed - still early days but impressed so far. Hope you are ok Pink

Joy - totally agree with you re NHS - I have had the same sort of treatment as you - and you worked for them and I still do! Probably a vocation change is due.

Nicola hope the psychiatrist got back to you will pm you as I know you are struggling.

Love Laura xx

joy
10-07-12, 17:05
I've had quite a few goodish days but not counting chickens yet just watching the pigs flying by!!! I was feeling so sleepy earlier so I gave myself a shove and went round the local shops with 3 legged dog and every shop I passed his got a biscuit, people seem to feel sorry for him whereas he thinks its great all this fuss, ended up in the Charity shop where I work and had a cup of tea,and he got a tellytubby to play with. I was all chatty I thought if these people knew how bad I feel sometimes they wouldnt believe if.

Just wish I could sleep at night without pills, will be talking about this with Dr Gorgeous next week

Love to you all

Joy

pinkdove
10-07-12, 17:29
aw joy that is good that your getting a bit of relief. love the story about your dog, and i know what you mean about other people, but i think we get really good at hiding it,

laura is nicola still struggling ?

LAURA48
10-07-12, 17:38
Hi Pink - yes she is - the psychiatrist still hasn't phoned her back from the morning.

Isn't that horrible.

Laura

pinkdove
10-07-12, 17:57
aw she's really been through the mill, i hope she rings her back soon, poor nicola x

Pipkin
10-07-12, 19:01
Hi all,

Just a quick one as I've just got in from a walk and we're both covered in mud - Freddie likes walking through the fields but this weather is a nightmare.

A good day here with anxiety to a minimum. Going to put my feet up for half an hour in a bit as I'm pretty tired. I hope you're all ok.

I'll try to check in later

Take care

Pip xx

Sober2000june
10-07-12, 19:53
Hi all,

Another tough early morning but picked up a bit in work then had a really tough spell after my lunch where i was tired and wired. Managed to go up to do some research on PC(mostly sufing really:blush:) Then went to shops and felt not too bad. Not too bad tonight. I have my telephone consult with my GP tomorrow and i'll tell him how im getting on. Also, called my shrink's secretary today and told her to inform him "to go away and reproduce". So i am being discharged by him. Third time lucky, hopefully i dont get nurse Ratched:ohmy:.

Thanks everyone for being there,

as they say in the fellowship "you are no longer alone"

Peace of mind,

Paul

LAURA48
10-07-12, 20:02
Hope you get on ok tomorrow with the tel consultation. I admire you for saying that - did make me laugh! I am sure you will get a nice and more importantly good psychiatrist. Hopefully this one will have a brain!

Take care

Laura

pinkdove
11-07-12, 11:43
morning all , and good luck today paul with the phone consultation, hope you feel a bit more positive today x

laura how are you today, hope you are still improving.

another busy day for me decorating, cleaning, etc......yawn !! but it has to be done, and keeps me occupied. still feeling good folks so when it happens, it feels good, and for those of you still struggling, if i can do it anyone can.

kate where are you hun ?

hope everyone else has a good day today.

nicola, let us know how you are hun, if you can, concerned about you :hugs:

nicola1980
11-07-12, 12:57
Hi all, have been to see my gp this morning due to how bad im feeling and cant get hold of my shrink and we've decided to increase the ven to 150mg so will see how that goes! X x

alfredo1
11-07-12, 13:28
Hi all,

I know this is really naughty, but I've increased my dose myself to 225mg. I had hightened anxiety for a few days, but today, i feel different. Motivated, more settled head, more settled and positive in general. My GP will probably go completely nuts..

I know its irresponsible, but i got a bit desperate before I went on my holiday.

I'm really hoping that this is the dose for me.

I hope you're all doing well. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sober2000june
11-07-12, 14:17
Hi all,

Sitting at home waiting on doc to call, my appt was for 12pm:weep:. Kids are waiting for me to take them swimming as well. Really have no motivation at all these days and to add to the fact of the restless legs, constant chesty cough ive had last 6 weeks and now blood when moving bowels. Sorry for the details but as you can imagine i dont want to change meds again, but really toiling on 150 mg and by the end of the week that'll be 6 weeks constantly on that dose. Also worried that i'll not get a med my body or brain can handle. maybe i ahve to accept this is as good as it gets. Sorry for the poor me folks , just got to get this out as my head is swimming with it!!

Doc has to do house calls, so wont be able to call me until 5. S'pose i should realise that he could be dealing with some poor elderly person who has taken a tumble:blush:.

I just want to be normal.

Paul

pinkdove
11-07-12, 16:41
hi paul, it sounds to me as if your having it tough just now, maybe an increase would do the trick, your gp will advise you on that, its awfull when you have no motivation, i really hate that feeling, i hope you get something sorted out with your gp today, keep going paul, you'll get there xx

alfredo, sometimes we know what our bodies will tolerate, i have messed with doses in the past too, how long have you been taking 225mg ? how was the holiday ?

nicola, maybe the 150mg will be better for you, are you still using diazapam ? let us know how you get on hun xx

laura where are you, are you ok ,

pip hope your feeling brighter today, i know you were tired yesterday, we all have days like that, been working flat out today, in the house with hubby, but it feels good to be doing something positive, the last time he decorated, i was lyiing on the couch in the middle of the floor, and i picked the wrong colour, so much better this time around.

hows everyone else.....slowfish any change yet ?

LAURA48
11-07-12, 17:21
Hi - I am here - had a lovely nap this afternoon - felt more relaxed in my head - keep fingers crossed and no tears since I have been on them - early days but impressed so far! When I think was crying constantly on Citalopram.

Hope Paul your GP phones - and increases your dose - they always seem to phone late.

Nicola - hope your increase helps - as you have been through enough.

and Pip, Pink, Alfredo and Slowfish - hope you are all ok xxx

Laura xxx

Pipkin
11-07-12, 21:31
Hi everyone,

Not been in from work for long - a gruelling 13-hour day and I'm ready for bed. Other than that, I feel fine today. I've got a loud squeaking in my ear but it's not tinnitus, just a dog with a rubber ball. The neighbours probably think I'm off my rocker and, of course, they wouldn't be far from the truth!!

Pink - let me guess. Pink walls? Great to here you're busy and enjoying it. Decorating is my idea of torture as I'm not very good with repetitive tasks. Still, I'd rather be doing that than lying on the couch feeling terrible, watching someone else paint. What a long way you've come! How are the knicker sales doing? I'd buy some to support your business but it's not really my style! I'm quite open minded though so I may change my mind...

Nicola - see how you get on with the higher dose. Hopefully, it'll be just what you need.

Paul - in sure you'll carry on improving so don't give up hope. Did you speak to your doctor? Maybe it's time to increase the dose?

Kerrie - I hope you had a good holiday and are feeling better for the break - sometimes it's just what we need, even if we dread it beforehand. I won't lecture you about increasing the dose on your own! Maybe it's what you needed but I would go and see your GP soon and discuss it. Do you feel better?

Laura - it sounds like you're doing really well and I'm so pleased. Not crying all the time must be a great relief. It might be early days but there's no reason to think you won't continue to feel better and improve even more. I hope so!

Kate - drop by and let us know how you're doing on the cit.

Maria - we're all here to support you if you're still having a rough time. Drop me another pm if you want to. I'm always here to help whenever you need me.

Ben - how are you doing? Do you still have a friend staying with you?

Take care and keep posting

Pip xxx

pinkdove
11-07-12, 21:42
hi pip, what a long day, you must be shattered, walls are a very soft white (sorry) no pink, knickers are always available if you change your mind, still early days but i have made a sale, cant believe i am doing al of this pip, just goes to show what you can achieve when the meds are right for you, have a lazy evening, you deserve it, cuddle into freddie x

paul how did things go with the gp x

laura so pleased for you, nothing wrong with having a nap, i think you may have cracked it with the ven i really hope so xx

maria let us know how you are hun x

hope you all have a peacefull night x

Pipkin
11-07-12, 21:55
Pink - you're right. The meds really help together with positive thinking and determination, which are the real key, I'm sure. The meds start you off and then you start to believe you can feel better so you do and you end up on an upward spiral. You're doing great!

I'm just doing half an hour's puppy training and then it's bed time. I've just taught him to roll over. Completely useless but good fun!

Pip xxx

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Btw Laura - I see you've turned senior. How does it feel? I'm still waiting for my bus pass and pension book...

Sober2000june
11-07-12, 22:38
Hi all,

Doc called later and apologised as he was slightly overstretched today but he did call me. I start 187.5 tomorrow:wacko: and not to look into the blood and cough too much. In fairness the kids have chesty cough and I have prev with bowels(had to have polyps removed 3 yrs ago) so I am 6 months overdue to get David Attenborough and the crew in:scared15:. Please God let this increase help. I am so worried about side effects as there'll be no benzo buffer (do not want to go back on em after 4 wks free). Anyway I’ll have my 2x75venlalic + 18.75 std release am and 18.75 std release pm.

Wish me luck or a wee prayer to whatever higher power you believe in,

Peace & serenity,

pinkdove
11-07-12, 22:51
yea good luck paul, try not to worry about the increase, its a small increase taking into account you are already taking 150mg, so you should be fine, and you know how much you can catch from kids at school.

i really hope the increase works for you.

pip, roll over be seeing you and freddie on britains got talent next year lol x

rob86
11-07-12, 23:44
Hello everybody.
I have been struggling on for over five years with ocd and the resulting depression. Trying various meds and bouts of no medication. Been on, fluoxetine, citalopram, sertraline, (fluoxetine again), paroxetine, mirtazapine. Now, i am on Venlafaxine. This is the 6th week.Dose has been at 150mg for one week.

At first, probably as i still had mirtazapine in my system, i felt a sudden improvement !. For around four days, i was so excited. My angry, impatient crap all subsided. I was calm, with things which would usually send me in to a rage and just an all round "lovelier" person. Somebody i could get to quite like.

Then, anyway. That all faded away soon enough and i feel really bad again now.My main gripe is my frustration, i'll get angry and snappy with my girlfriend who has went through hell with me, because i just want to be calm, relax, feel a degree of control over my own mind. Not to be "normal", that would be boring haha. But anyway, i don't want to cause her any mental anguish or put my problems on to her. So i am desperate to continue medication.
Prior to starting the Venlafaxine, i had taken to self harming. It quickly became a habit. But that has subsided. The "need" to do that isn't there anymore. So i do think the ven is working to a degree.
When i think of my behaviour, i feel so bloody ashamed.Today i have been suffering a lot and was convinced i need to try another med.But after reading through all of your posts, i have decided to stick with the Ven for longer. So thanks for helping me have some faith , because it isn't something i have much of naturally.
I have an appointment with my GP next week and reckon my dose may be increased some more. I would like to ask about the extended release version of the med though. I am not the most organised of people and can get carried away. Especially on a friday perhaps and miss my night time dose.
I'll keep you posted. Apologies for the long post.

pinkdove
12-07-12, 13:03
:welcome: rob, you have been through the mill, but we are all here to help you, and im glad you have found some comfort and support from the posts here, you will know that a lot of us have been and still are struggling, maybe an increase is what you need, your girlfriens sounds so understanding, but i know what you mean, we always seem to take things out on those closest to us, maybe the slow release wil suit you better, as you need just 1 a day, keep posting, and let us know how you are doing x

paul, hows the increase going x
laura how are you today hun X
pip nearly the weekend, so you can have a chill after the long days you've had hope you at least had a rest last night, and feel better today x nice day here today :D

nearly back to normal at home, just the curtains to hang, looking nice and fresh, so no more smoking inside :blush:

alfredo1
12-07-12, 13:56
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to report in. As i stated in my earlier post a few days that i've increased my dose, and have to say, this is the best I've felt in 8 months. I feel like the old Kerrie is back....I am so happy i could cry.

I've been motivated, my head is no longer filled with negative/irratic thoughts, I have no dreaded belly, tingles or anything. I'm feeling like i have a life to live and I need to live my life.

It seems I've turned a corner and I'm just keeping everthing crossed that it will continue.

I am going back to see the doctor next week and I'm sure they won't be happy with me but i just got desperate .

I've been on the 225mg for just over a week. Can it really work that quickly. It was more or less like a switch that has gone on.

I hope this encourages Rob who has been on the 150mg for 6 weeks. I got massive hightened anxiety when i first went up but it seems to have settled now!

Good luick everyone

Kerrie

Sober2000june
12-07-12, 14:28
Afternoon all,:D

Pink i had my extra 18.75mg this morning and i would say i am better than yest. Don't like admitting it incase i jinx it:wacko:.

Was reading the benxo org site that Benzos are harder to withdraw from than heroin as stated by Professor Malcolm H Lader (http://www.benzo.org.uk/lader2.htm), Emeritus Professor of Clinical Psychopharmacology, King's College, London. So i need to keep congratulating myself for being off em' a month. They also state that AD are the best adjuct drug to help withdrawal. It's ironic i was given them to deal with the side effects of AD's:roflmao:

Good to meet you Rob, i too have been on Citalopram, Sertraline:scared15: and Mirtazapine before this. When i was withdrawing from Mirt to go to Venla i told my mother to "F$%k off" now I never swear in front of my parents. Mirt made me aggressive as hell and I was only on it 8 wks, so you'll probably be having protracted withdrawal from that.

Pip, how’s your role as Barbara Woodhouse going?

How’s the rest of you folks doing?

Fingers crossed this extra dose helps.

Take care,

Paul

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Just saw your post Kerrie, and it has given me a bit off light cus my doc wants me at 225. Thanks for sharing and keep it up:bighug1:

joy
12-07-12, 16:20
Kerrie
so glad you are feeling better on the increase. The gps wont be cross with you, they'll be just relieved you are feeling better. Lets hope it continues

Joy

LAURA48
12-07-12, 16:25
Hi all

Well alot of posts to answer - firstly went into Tescos food shopping on my own - first time since November! so an anchievement there - have been doing it online! Anxiety in the background and mood and bit up and down but hey no tears and very early days! and pleased at the progress so far.

Welcome Rob to the post my psychiatrist said he would like me on 225mg as have pure OCD but will take things slow re dosing as having to double Saturday - bit worried about that. You know you can have Venlafaxine and Mirt together (Calfornia Fuel Rocket) true!

Glad Pip you too are getting on ok and yes I am proud to be a senior member!

Pink - pleased you are progressing well with the decorating and your Anne Summers business - lol!

Paul - pleased your GP upped the dose - you start to improve - I am the same - anxious about it but at least I have some lorazepam!

Kerrie - pleased the 225mg is suiting you - please go to docs asap to check or even phone up - it is wrong to self medicate with Ven - sorry for the lecture but concerned.

and to everyone else - hope you all have a good afternoon/evening.

Luv Laura xxx

pinkdove
12-07-12, 16:51
what a great post kerrie, so glad you are feeling like your old self, and your gp will be pleases too, so dont worry, you know your own body, hope you continue to improve x

laura well done you tesco on your own :yesyes: i think the ven is going to work well for you, just by reading your posts i can see you are in a much better place, long may it continue for you x

paul wow thats great you are feeling a bit better today, just like kerrie, maybe the increase is just what you needed....i really hope so.

well im totally knac***red but in a good way, never worked this hard for a long time, but so motivated to do it, and it feels good, just want to have a chilled night.

just thought today cant remember the last time i had a diazapam, must be weeks ago, and dont feel the need to self medicate with wine anymore :D

to all of you still struggling, some really positive posts today, to give you some hope that things will get better xx

:hugs: to all my ven buddies !!!

Pipkin
12-07-12, 19:11
Hi chaps,

Just back from a walk - we've had a lovely day of sunshine for a change and I'm feeling very perky.

Pink - you're so right, the weekend is just around the corner and I can't wait. I've got one more week at work and then I'm off for a week - nothing planned, just hoping for some nice weather.

I hope everyone else is ok. There's a very positive vibe on here today so I hope those of you who are finding it hard are starting to pick up.

Now, as Paul said, back to my best Barbara Woodhouse impression. Shame the grey bob and A-line skirt don't suit me...

Take care

Pip xx

Sober2000june
12-07-12, 22:19
had a much better day than yest, long may it continue:D

Sober2000june
13-07-12, 10:43
Morning all,

How's everyone today? Not just as good today, but i suppose i need to expect fluctuations for a few days.

Laura, I believe you go up to 150 tomorrow.

Kerry, how’s the 225 going?

I’m sure the rest of you are being very industrious like me at work:blush:.

Have a good one,

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Sorry for typo Kerrie:blush:

LAURA48
13-07-12, 11:08
Morning Paul - yes there will be a few fluctuations with the increase - it will even out but think you are doing the correct thing for sure.

Yes double dose tomorrow - have found the 75mg a breeze - re side effects - probably the worst is yet to come? Lorazepam at the ready. Just having a very lazy day today - still in dressing robe and slippers! Pup not too well - and feel tired today - probably the exciting trip to Tescos yesterday has worn me out!

Hope Pink you are ok and you too Pip and everyone else.

Will speak to you later

Love Laura xxxxx

pinkdove
13-07-12, 11:32
morning guys, paul i found that when i increased dose if i had anything at all it was short lived, so im sure you will be feeling the benefits soon, going into your second month without diazapam, well done, you should be so proud of yourself, hope you have a good day x

laura, i am so pleased you are getting on well on ven, much better than citalopram, and your trip to tesco yesterday wow, so you deserve a chill today, same here weather is awfull (again) one good day yesterday.....was that summer!!! good luck with the increase hun x

pip weekend looming, bet you cant wait, and not long till your week off, im tired today, after 4 days of constant graft, so thinking of just relaxing today, maybe an afternoon film, hope you have a good day x

oh laura forgot to say hope your wee pup gets better soon, so worrying when they are poorly x

Pipkin
13-07-12, 13:23
Hi everyone,

Gone for a stroll on my lunch before it starts to rain. Quite a busy couple of days at work which is the way I like it - keeps my anxiety out of mischief.

I think a takeaway may be called for tonight and definitely a glass of wine or 2. I've got the last day at puppy school in the morning which is a bit of a relief as it's at 9 O'clock and whilst I like getting up early, it's a bit too early for me to be out and about on a Saturday. I keep arriving late and forgetting to take things - I'd be hopeless at the school run! Good job I haven't got any kids as they'd be arriving at school with no packed lunch and without shoes on.

I'll check in later and see how you're all doing.

Pip x

pinkdove
13-07-12, 19:52
hi pip, those puppy classes seem to be paying off, freddie sounds like he's doing really well for a puppy, i know what you mean about getting up early, but i like a bit of time too before i have to go out. going to my sons for 10 oclock tomorrow, hes moving in with his girlfriend, and we are helping with the move, so another busy day ahead, although i have been chillin today, which has been nice.

enjoy your takeaway and wine tonight, and make sure freddie listens well tomorrow on his last day of school (are you taking an apple for the teacher ?)

Pipkin
13-07-12, 20:33
Hi Pink,

Quiet here today - looks like it's just you and me at the minute.

You're dead right - I like some time to chill in the mornings before going out otherwise, my anxiety goes really high. I was really rushed last Saturday as I overslept and I didn't feel right all day. I was a bit hungover though which didn't help.

Not having a takeaway after all as the other half is cooking something nice (at least I hope it's nice - I'll tell you in half an hour). A bit of tv to catch up on then an earlyish night.

I'm sure you'll enjoy tomorrow helping your son move. I like doing that as long as I'm not the one who's moving! Are you a grandma yet or is that still to come?

Take care

Pip xx

Sober2000june
13-07-12, 20:57
Im here pip. hoping that others would post as i am getting mega depersonalisation today feel Im slipping away. disappointed. hope tomorrow better

Pipkin
13-07-12, 22:06
Paul,

Still here - just been pottering around the house.

Sorry you're not too good. DP isn't something I'm familiar with as I've only ever had a mild sense of it but I know it must be awful. What are you upto?

Pip

Sober2000june
13-07-12, 22:59
Just heading off to bed hopefully tomorrow better Gnite

Pipkin
13-07-12, 23:03
Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

Take care

Pip

nicola1980
14-07-12, 09:43
Hi guys well i increased to 150mg 4 days ago and today i woke up feeling okish no real anxiety, nausea or shaking :-) im hoping it continues so fingers crossed! X x

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 ----------

Oh and im even going to brave the next sale so must be feeling better!! X x

LAURA48
14-07-12, 10:02
Hi everyone

That is great news Nicola - keeping my fingers crossed and take my hat off to you re the Next sale! cannot stand it when I feel well! Doubling my dose tonight - bit apprehensive but cannot complain about any side effects this week with Ven - good luck with the sale!

Sorry Paul you have some dp - it is defo the increase and should go soon - hope you have a better day.

Also Pink and Pip - hope you have a good day too.

Doing some housework this morning and will pop round and see my mum - speak to you later.

Luv Laura xx

Sober2000june
14-07-12, 10:48
Excellent News Nicola:D

Thanks Laura really needed that:hugs:

Hopefully slightly better today:).

Take care all,

Paul:bighug1:

Pipkin
14-07-12, 15:05
Hi all,

Just in from walking, shopping and puppy school - Freddie's graduated today! Onto the next level next weekend which, fortunately, is in the afternoon rather than the morning. I may even get a lie in...

Nicola - good news. Positive thinking that this could be the turning point.

Paul - hope things are turning out a bit better today. Let us know later.

Laura - good luck with the dose. I'm sure you'll be fine as you've managed really well so far.

Pink - I hope the move's going ok. You'll be tired and aching tonight no doubt. As a non-medical advisor, I prescribe a couple of glasses of cava and a break from the healthy eating regime to keep your energy levels up.

Take care

Pip x

Sober2000june
14-07-12, 18:19
Hi Folks,

hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm definately better than yesterday. Took 2 eldest sons swimming and i'm calmer than i can remember being at pool with kids. I'm usually fed up, irratable, paranoid and constantly looking at the time.

so for day been ok:).

Also went to tropical fish shop and got some fish for my middle son:D.
Laura, hows day one of 150 going?
Kerrie, how you doing on the 225?

There'll be no wine for me but a movie with the kids:yesyes:. Wife is away out with friends, so get to watch action movies with boys:blush:

Have a good eve folks:bighug1:

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Nicola, forgot to say how did retail therapy go?

nicola1980
14-07-12, 18:25
Hi guys well i managed the next sale, aldi shopping, visited my grandad and just been out for a carvery! Phew im exhausted but i did it yay!! Paul glad youve had a better day :D hows everyone else doing? X x

pinkdove
14-07-12, 18:31
hi guys, well thats my son moved in with his girlfriend, been out since 9am this morning, but realy had a good day, after we got them moved, we went to the garden centre, stocked up on plants and nice garden pots, so kerb appeal looking better.

pip you are spot on i ache from head to foot, but had a good laugh, and enjoyed the day, stephens girlfriend has 2 kids, and they all seem so happy together, im pleased to see him settled. re a grandchild of my own, think i'll have to knit myself one lol. so pleased freddie graduated, and that the next class is in the afternoon, going to take your non medical advice tonight, chill, chilled wine, and maybe even a naughty bit chocolate, hope you have a good wekend x

nicola so pleased for you, hope you continue to improve, you so deserve a break from it all x

paul, glad you are feeling a bit better today, enjoy your action movie with the boysx

laura, i cant believe how well you have done on the ven, so pleased for you hun, and good luck with the increase tonightx

hope everyone else has a good weekend x

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

nicola wow!!! you are doing great hun, really hope this is the turning point for you x

LAURA48
14-07-12, 18:45
Hi - glad you have all had a good day and busy! and well done Nicola!

I have just taken my 150mg (2 x 75mg) ven! - Have not done much today - just popped round my parents and my brother and nephew were there. My brother commented how much better I looked compared to last Saturday - had just come back from the Psychiatrist! and was in a right state - he sorted out which pharmacists stocked actual Effexor for me on his iphone - bless him.

See how it goes - thoughts have not been as bad and have only had to take one lorazepam a day whilst on Ven - just keeping my fingers crossed.

Will keep you updated and thanks for your support

Luv Laura xxx

Pipkin
14-07-12, 19:35
Hi everyone,

Sounds like a good day for today's posters, and long may it last!

I was feeling a bit tired at 3 so I thought I'd have a lie on the bed and read - I've just woken up! I must have been really tired but I feel much better now. I've come downstairs to an empty house as my partner must have taken Freddie out for a walk. Much as I love them both, it's nice to have a little time on my own..

Pink - a good day's work done! Enjoy your cheeky bit of chocolate. Seeing that you're doing that, I might as well. I spotted some kit kats in the cupboard before...

Laura - I'd be interested to know what your brother looked up. Does it mean pharmacists who prescribe Effexor from a generic prescription? Mine did this last time as they'd obviously run out of generic XR caps.

I'll be back later.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
14-07-12, 19:55
hi pip you must have needed that sleep,enjoy your chockie, got a bag of mini wispa's mmmm, and a large glass of carribean twist,back on healthy eating plan tomorow :blush:

LAURA48
14-07-12, 19:56
Hi Pip

Tbh I was in such a state - I don't know what he did - he must have phoned up - surely - but whatever he got me sorted - remember that was a private prescription with Effexor XL actually on it! from the psychiatrist to get me started asap.

LAURA48
15-07-12, 09:39
Morning Ven buddies

Take it having a lay in? Well doubled the dose yesterday and tbh was getting a little anxious by the end of the evening so took a lorazepam! Had a good night's sleep - feel a little blurry this morning but ok - nothing exciting planned so far - wish the weather would brighten up.

Hope you are all feeling ok.

Speak later

Laura xx

nicola1980
15-07-12, 09:43
Morning all, well day 5 on 150mg and dare i say it but im feeling loads better (fingers crossed) i woke at 5 but not in a panic or anything :yesyes: and managed to get back to sleep until around 8 :D and i actually feel like going out and doing something for a change, hope everyone else is ok xx

joy
15-07-12, 09:57
Morning

I'm ok ish, but not dreading church like sometimes Nicola how great you're leaving me behind!!!

Glad you are ok ish too Laura

I'll say a prayer for us all

Love Joy

LAURA48
15-07-12, 09:59
Hi Nicola - that is fantastic - gives me hope! You needed that increase - was a bit worried at the time because you were having side effects but keeping my fingers crossed - think that UTI messed you up but pleased you are feeling well. xxxxx

pinkdove
15-07-12, 10:19
morning guys, very positive posts this morning :)

nicola, fantastic news, you so deserve it, i hope it works for you, as well as it has for me, we both have had this for a long time, i know exactly what you have been going through....so it really is onwards and upwards, hope you have a good day x

laura, i think we all worry when we increase the dose, but honestly i never had any real problems, and because you've tollerated it so well, you should be ok, same for you hun, on the way up x

joy so glad you are feeling a bit better, and not dreading church this morning, aw thats nice of you to say a prayer for us all, and you are not being left behind, you sound as if you are improving too, remember how graduall it can be, hope you have a good sunday x

pip, paul, kerrie, slowfish, maria and all the gang, how are you all today ?

going to see my brother sister in law and niece today, looking forward to that, already planted the rest of my flowers, not a bad day here today, a bit windy, but bright and dry. take care speak later xxxx

miniminx
15-07-12, 12:27
Morning all, well day 5 on 150mg and dare i say it but im feeling loads better (fingers crossed) i woke at 5 but not in a panic or anything :yesyes: and managed to get back to sleep until around 8 :D and i actually feel like going out and doing something for a change, hope everyone else is ok xx

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::bighug1::bighug1:

nicola1980
15-07-12, 12:29
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::bighug1::bighug1:
LOL thanks chick, how are you doing? xx

Pipkin
15-07-12, 13:06
Afternoon everyone,

Sounds like another positive day for some of us. I love hearing that people are starting to feel better - it makes all of our combined hard work worth it. For anyone who's not feeling too good, please post and tell us. We're all here to support each other no matter how we're feeling. We've all been there and a few words of encouragement go a long way, I know.

I've just come in from a trip to a car boot sale and a long walk. I may finally have worn the dog out which was the main intention so I'm putting him to bed for a couple of hours whilst I do some work. He got a bit over-excited with a collie we met and started humping her. They grow up so fast these days! Little does he know that he's getting the snip in a couple of months...

Apologies to those of you with miserable weather but it's beautiful up here in Yorkshire. Still not as warm as it should be but I'm not complaining as at least it's not raining for a change. I'm looking at the remains of my lawn thinking I should mow it but I'll find an excuse why I haven't when the other half gets in from work. I'm sure I can see a plague of locusts on the horizon so I'd best stay indoors...

Take care

Pip x

Sober2000june
15-07-12, 15:18
Hi all,

God to hear progress from all of you:). I woke this morning feeeling quite calm too. as i started to fully waken not just as good as yest. I'm telling myself it'll be a bit up and down. Also a wee bit more agitated, but its only day 4 of increase and better than last week:).

Take care peeps,

Paul

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

Talking of agitation, just hung out the washing and I see the rain is on.:mad: better go get it then

Pipkin
15-07-12, 16:49
I think we must have the only nice weather in the country! The sun's still shining here and, miraculously, the plague of locusts flew off just before my partner arrived home to see the unmown lawn. Strange that...

LAURA48
15-07-12, 18:24
Hi

I have felt a little anxious and down since the increase last night - may be a bit psychological but this afternoon have felt so tired too and had a doze. Pip you made me laugh about your dog. My pup is 9 months and prior to her season (6 months) she was humping everything and anything???? she's a bitch? hormones a bit crossed there. Hence having her spade in August! although she would make a lovely mum!

Paul you sound like me sure it will even out - guess we should both keep positive.

Hope Pink you are ok and all the other Vens!

Speak later

Laura xxxx

nicola1980
15-07-12, 18:27
Hi Laura ive been feeling really tired too since i increased to 150mg but it does say on my effexor packet 'may cause drowisness'?? xx

LAURA48
15-07-12, 18:32
Hi Nicola - I know - and do not drive machinery! lol! Think the sleep did me good - feel a bit more refreshed at the moment. Don't think I could feel any more tired than what I did on Cit!

TJSMITH
15-07-12, 18:41
Hi all
So this is where you all are now lol....
im still checking the Cit forum and no one seems to be on there of late.
Im on week four of Sert its very up and down also feeling low today but could be reading too much into that as never been a sunday person.
Nicola pleased you finally doing well its all such a long process this isn't it, i am petrified on another 4 months of being up and down.
Joy pleased you ok and pinkdove you are flying now am beginning to wonder if this is the drug i should just go on lol..

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

Nic just seen your message on other forum so pleased for you.
I am on 50mg sert and tapered down to 10mg Cit but down coming off that over next 2 weeks gthanks for the encouragment though.
Do you find the cheking in gets to you?? this reduces me to tear somedays as want to get on with life and this is the only thing i have almost like a stuck record in my head now x

LAURA48
15-07-12, 18:50
Hi Tracey - yes - you will be a little up and down whilst tapering off Cit - the same happened to me - I was Cit for 9 weeks and tapered down the last couple of weeks - which were not easy and made me feel terrible - stopped week last Friday and started Ven on the Saturday - the psychiatrist said I had gone through the worst. So hopefully the Sertraline will even out once you are off the Cit. Lots of good posts on it though Mr W is doing very well and you will too - you made the right choice and for what it's worth I do not like weekends at the moment!

Take care Laura xx

TJSMITH
15-07-12, 18:57
Thanks Laura
Both you and Nicola have reassured me, i cant really talk to anyone as my family been great but i know they cant understand.
I read all of mr W posts to get soe reassurance as well he seems a lovely guy :)
I am now on 10mg cit every other day but at docs in morn as i would rather stop that now and just increase the sertraline although im not sure if needed as all my problem is checking how i feel all day now but that still gets me very upset so a nic and a few others maybe all thats needed for that is time.
I do have times although brief i forget about me lol
How you feeling Laura you are another one that had a rocky ride??

LAURA48
15-07-12, 19:07
Hi Tracey

It is very early days on Venlafaxine but feel a good vibe about it - Citalopram made me so ill - 9 weeks of hell tbh and coming off it was just terrible - worst experience in my life. I cried everyday I was on it 9 weeks! and last Saturday had an emergency appoint with the psychiatrist who could see how downhill I had gone - the depression was just hell - he said start Venlafaxine 75mg and double it in a week to 150mg - with a view to going to 225mg - think the reason it is not prescribed that often because it is a 3rd or 4th line drug when SSRIs have not worked and that it is so expensive, but at the moment I have felt better on it. My thought (have Pure O) have not been as bad - so that is positive - but with any change or increase there are a few side effects but so far these have been copeable.

Sertraline is good for depression and anxiety but better than Citalopram - the latter is usually prescribed because it is cheap but a lot of people do well on it - but I am not one of them!

Laura xx

joy
15-07-12, 19:08
You could always PM Mr ww but know hes busy with moving and then having a few days away but usually has his blackberry with him and I know he wouldnt mind if you contact him

Love joy

TJSMITH
15-07-12, 19:41
Ah Laura
Fingers crosed for you i was ok on Cit but after 14 weeks i still wasn't myself so was guided by my gp it was time to change as Cit apparently better for depression but Sertraline was the better one for anxiety so im told its early days and already feel alot better chatting to you guys as sometimes i think thats all i need some understanding lol...
Joy mr w has replied to me a few times he said 3 months for him and like me worried if done the right thing so holding onto his words.
xx

pinkdove
15-07-12, 20:52
hi guys, laura its quite normal to feel a bit tired when increasing your dose, you done the right thing to have a weenap, just go with it hun, it will pass, you are doing so well.

nicola, you are doing great this time, ive got a good feeling for you, this IS going to work xx

tracey, i know how hard it has been for you too, but you are doing great, it is still early days for you, but any improvement is a good sign, keep at it hun, one day at a time.

maria...how are you doing ?

pip and paul, hope you have both had a good day x

here i go again, but i want to reassure all of you that are still struggling, that it will get better, i have never felt this calm in years, i know its a long, hard, slow road, but believe me when it kicks in, and you feel yourself again, you come out the other side stronger for the experience. dont want to babble on, but it has been weeks of good days for me now......and it will be for you all, one day at a time :hugs: to all of you xx

TJSMITH
15-07-12, 21:02
Pinkdove its nice to hear when people finally doing well.
I am a bot worrie done right thing as the fear of being on my own is back and worry something bad will happen i have not had this a while but missed 3 cit pills on gp advise this week do you think thats possibly why??
Back to gp morn im going to say i want to just stop cit now and increase sert??

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

ps how long you been on ven now??? you were on cit before if i remember right??
Sorry my mind all over the place lol

pinkdove
15-07-12, 21:08
hi tracey, yea it sounds like cit withdrawal, and maybe it would be a good idea to finally stop the cit with your dr's approval, speak to your gp tomorrow and tell him your concerns, i hope you start to feel better soon.

tracey just looked at olivers website, oh what a brave wee boy, with such caring parents, made me feel quite choked, certainly puts things into prespective, im not surprised have been suffering, you are a brave strong lady, and i wish oliver all the best for a happy healthy future. take care hun xx

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

tracey i started ven in february, and was on cit before that, just stopped cit one day and started ven the next, i have been feeling really good since end may/ june, so all in all took 3 months or so, and a couple of increases to 150mg which i take now x

TJSMITH
15-07-12, 21:23
Ah thank you he is a brave boy.
Im on my own s hubby on nights trying to tell myself not to be silly just thoughts im only hoping is withdrawel and not relapsing more but my plan is to ask gp to up the Sert and cut cit as was doing well with both but they cant give me both permantly plus in on less sert than i was cit.
It gives me hope to hear people finally getting there i just hope im on the right med but only time can tell that. xx

Pipkin
15-07-12, 22:47
Hi Tracey,

I guess the hard thing is that we can never be sure if the med's the right one until we've given it a good shot which can take a while and be really hard. Loads of people do really well on sertraline and it's the number one AD in the US. Pink's right to say it can take ages - it took me a good 2-3 months on ven before I got to where I am now. Stick with it and I'm sure you'll see the benefits soon.

Take care

Pip x

TJSMITH
15-07-12, 22:57
Thanks Pipkin
I was on cit before for 4 months and worried about the change my gp said that i should not be analysing myself all the time though so wanted to change its all so hard but at least i have support of people on here who been or going through it x

Pipkin
15-07-12, 23:11
Tracey,

I totally understand the over-thinking things and dwelling on how we're feeling. When I'm at my worst, I can barely do anything else. Now that I'm settled on the right meds at the right dose, I hardly do this at all. Things that would have sent my anxiety through the roof before don't really bother me anymore. I have occasional downs but, like you, I find the support on here invaluable to get me through.

Everyone here is so much stronger than they realise and, corny as it might sound, it really does help to know I'm not alone. I don't know what I'd have done without some supportive words over the past few months.

Take care and I'm glad you've found our little thread started by the wonderful Pinkdove.

Pip x

TJSMITH
15-07-12, 23:17
Thank you
Praying this med works for me its early days and asking about an increase in morning plus im still tapering of Cit so this maybe why im up and down so much again.
x

Sober2000june
16-07-12, 09:54
Morning all,

Good to see plenty of activity on the thread. :)

Well, Sunday was not as settled as Saturday but bearable - quite agitated and snippy with kids:wacko:.

Just up at 9am so hr late with meds, hope it won’t affect me too much. Just praying it gets better than this. This self analysis is a pain in the butt! Wife and 3 boys away again for 4 nights down the coast with m in-law. So time on my own again. It’s a bank holiday here today and I’m off to look at a people carrier this aft. Planning on going down south for a week – was even looking at Euro Disney last night(It’s amazing how you can go from making big plans the night before and to having to concentrate to make your breaky the next morning. Anyway, handing it over to my higher power and I’ll see how today goes.

P.S. Kerrie, Maria, Ben and the rest of the gang, please break radio silence:)

Have a good day folks,

pinkdove
16-07-12, 10:29
morning guys, paul oh when i read about making plans the night before, and feeling so bad the next morning i can totally relate to that, i was exactly the same, planned to have my hair done and all sorts of normal things, come the morning, felt back to square one, but that has passed too, so once again give it time, being 1 hour late with your meds will do you no harm at all, i have done that often with no effects at all, good luck with the people carrier hunting, and hope you have a better day today x

laura, how are things with the increase ?

tracey, good luck with the gp this morning, hope you are feeling a bit better today.

nicola hope you are continuing to improve, and you too joy xx

pip,monday morning :ohmy: hope its better for you than last week, how fast it comes round, but you are due a week off soon, so that to look forward too, hope you have a good day xxx

LAURA48
16-07-12, 12:36
Hi all

Just reading through some of the posts and quite agree with you both - I make brilliant plans at night - they go to pot in the morning.

The increase has gone better than I had thought - no anxiety today but feel really tired at the moment - will have a nap in a bit (feel lazy) but it is pouring of rain here - too wet to take pup out and have just done a load of washing and have done a roller and set for my mum - hubby at work until 7pm. No nasty side effects as yet - keeping looking for them!!!

Hope everyone else is ok and speak to you later.

Take care

Luv Laura xxx

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

Thank you
Praying this med works for me its early days and asking about an increase in morning plus im still tapering of Cit so this maybe why im up and down so much again.
x

Tracey the Sertraline will start to work better once you are off Citalopram - would think by now you will be allowed off it - then things will improve xxx

nicola1980
16-07-12, 14:28
Hi all well day 5 of 150mg and not as good as previous days but am due on so think thats why, just had an hours nap!!
Tracey how did it go at the doctors? xx

TJSMITH
16-07-12, 17:12
Hi all
well another bad day but also have a sickness bug so probably bot helping, getting scared as the old fear of nothing creeping in ie going mad, cant take it blah blah.
Broke down this morning so gp upped my meds and now cutting cit completely also she referring me to a shrink.
Its my hubbys birthday and all he has had is a tearful wife.
Laura im so pleased for you as noticing your posts alot more positive :) cant wait for me to post something good its been 6 months now and thought i should be myself by now but hey ho CBT taught me not to rush. Hope everyone else is having a better day.
Nic thanks for FB message today it means so much any support i get on here as think my family had enough even my mum stopped phoning

LAURA48
16-07-12, 17:44
Tracey so pleased you have not Citalopram and had your dose of Sertraline upped. Sorry you have had a rough day - you can make it up to your hubby when you feel better. When we are like this afraid nothing can cheer us up be it Birthdays, holidays, etc.

Pleased you are being referred to a psychiatrist - you may have a wait but will be worth it in the end. It is a shame your family and mum are not being supportive - I am afraid it is a lonely business - that is why this site is invaluable - people just do not understand. A colleague from work phoned me the other day - and I told her I had changed medications she replied "what again - you'll be rattling - let's hope this one will cheer you up" I just let it go - the ignorance of some people - hey?

You are on the right track Tracey!

Laura xx

TJSMITH
16-07-12, 17:51
Dont get me wrong my hubby been fantastic he says doesnt understand it but he there for me, he even readng claire weeks books.
My mum knows my husbands good so i feel she leaves him to deal wih it, our marriage certainly been tested 5 yrs with our son, now i've lost the plot lol...
Hopefully by time appointment through im feeling on the up again its only my thoughts that drag me down.
I cant really blame them even i dont understand it lol...but im very vocal about what im going through as still so taboo but i dont care if it helps people open up xx

nicola1980
16-07-12, 18:05
Tracey my husbands had a tearful wife for the past year lol bless him he trys hard to understand but if you haven't been through it yourself then its impossible to understand the fear anxiety and depression bring, so pleased your being referred its helped me no end and you've NOT lost the plot your ill and need help and support :bighug1: xx

pinkdove
16-07-12, 18:06
hi tracey, now you have stopped the citalopram, it shoud let the sertraline do its job, as laura says you can make it up to your hubby when you feel better, i remember our anniversary i could,nt even go out for a card for him, and he brought me a lovely card and flowers, but he understood, and yours will to, my mum tried to hel, but she couldnt get her head round it ,she used to cry in front of me which made me feel worse, so i know what you mean.

hope you get over your ickness bug, and just concentrate on getting better, and you can sort anything else out when you feel stronger. and being reffered shows they are taking you seriously, and geting you the help you deserve. take care xx

laura glad you are doing ok, you sound much more positive :D

TJSMITH
16-07-12, 18:11
Thanks hun i showed my hubby the few holiday pics you have lol and said look we all seem normal and i wonder how many people suffer from this illness you dont know about, we cover it well.
I want to get well and take my kid away, we were going to florida but now postponing it as so much money for me to be like this pkus gives us more time to save.

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

thanks pinkdove she did say it may get bounced back as they dont like taking on too much but i have you guys that are better thsn any shrink lol...

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

plus we went to egypt for our tenth wedding anniversary and i was blubbing before we went to dinner glad to know im not alone :D

nicola1980
16-07-12, 18:32
In my holiday pics i was feeling far from normal lol i was consumed with fear the majority of the time but it just goes to show how people put a face on to the world, my friend popped round last week when i was bad and said 'omg you look and sound so much better' i was like 'really you wouldn't have said that if you'd seen me having a panic attack this morning then retching in the kitchen sink' lol xx

Pipkin
16-07-12, 18:47
Hi chaps,

As always, just back from a walk in a lull from the rain. I've been bitten by what seems like a thousand midges - it must be this mild, damp weather bringing them out. I don't usually get bitten so they must be hungry.

Good day here, especially for a Monday when I usually feel a bit ropey. The hound's in naughty mode and won't do anything I tell him so he's in the doghouse (literally). I maybe should make more allowances for him being a puppy but I'm quite firm with him and hopefully it'll pay off when he's older. I'm a sucker though when he gives me the puppy eyes looking all innocent, usually after he's just done something particularly naughty. At least we've had no humping today - the local dogs can rest easy in their baskets.

I booked a holiday today, nothing exciting just a cottage on the country for a week in August, and I'm really looking forward to it. Of course, Freddie's coming with us so please let the weather be nice!

Tracey - I'm sure the sertraline will start to kick in soon. Keep the faith!

Laura - you're doing well on the increase - very well in fact. I reckon you'll be flying in a couple of weeks.

Paul - as always, stick at it. I know Pink and I keep saying it but we're relating it to our own experience and know it can take a while for some people. We had a rough journey to get here and there were times when I thought I was completely losing it and ended up in hospital one Sunday. Hard to believe now and I do wonder how I got through it but I did and I feel great now. Your turn to get better now!

Pink - are you going on hols this year? Back to the motherland? Maybe you're staying at home sipping cava and flogging knickers? I can think of worse things. I hope you're enjoying your newly-decorated house and are still not smoking inside. You'll find it makes a huge difference and that you'll smoke less too (or you'll spend a lot more time in the garden)! Better find a pink rain hat...

Take care and a big hug to all of our absent friends :hugs:

Pip xxx

TJSMITH
16-07-12, 20:31
Nicola im back from my 11 yr old last play and you wouldnt notie anything wrong with me behind the smiles either and i get comments you look good today its just the false smile i put on lol
I did enjoy my sons play and managed to get through it without being sick although very close at one point so pleased i dragged myself out.
Thanks to you all for the support today i know i will get there eventually :)
Tracy

pinkdove
16-07-12, 20:36
hi pip thats great you've booked a holiday, thats what we usually do book self catering and take rosie with us, just nice to have a change, like to book by the sea,i love the beach, so does rosie, just hoping to get a week away in edinburgh this year, when john has a quiet spell (hes self employed) and our only income since i had to give up my job, but we can go anytime.

had a really hectic 3 days, so im going to chill tomorrow,it will be raining again, so i will watch a film in the afternoon, and have some down time, still feeling good tho' but tired, dont want to let it get out of hand, and wont feel guilty about having a lazy day to recharge the batteries. have a good night x

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

well done tracey !!!

LAURA48
17-07-12, 08:57
Hi there

Pip think you spoke a bit soon there! Woke up with heightened anxiety this am and feel quite detached - the increase has for sure kicked in! Nevermind - I was expecting this by the way the psychiatrist was talking "take your lorazepam when needed" he hates benzos! and doubling is a big jump - so soon anyway.

Hope everyone is ok and Paul hope you are ok on your increase.

Will speak later

Luv Laura xx

nicola1980
17-07-12, 09:08
Well done tracey! Day 6 of increase and im feeling better already touch wood! Hopefully things will level out for you laura soon too :hugs: hows everyone else today? X x

slowfish
17-07-12, 09:54
Hi all,
Apologies for not posting much. I do pop here every day or so to catch up on the thread and its great to here so many of you are doing so well - Pink, Pip, Laura, Nicola, Tracey...

I'm still not too good unfortunately. Living out of a suitcase at the moment and moving between different family/friends so very unsettled. I know this isn't helping me get better and there's also so much going round in my head at the moment because of various life events that have happened over the past month or so.

I was certainly more positive this time last week so I have to tell myself this is just a blip I guess.

Now coming up to the end of week 10 on ven - 4 weeks on 75mg and 6 weeks on 150mg. I suppose I should really phone my GP and ask for an increase?

Hope everyone has a good day today x

missie777
17-07-12, 10:29
Hi all, sorry for not posting for a while but ive caught up with myself and have read all your posts. I have found an increase in ven and other meds very hard but with thanks to the lovely " Mr Pip" for getting out of the underground. I find it hard to express my true feeling even to family and the hardest thing is fighting that monkey in my head. So the past week ive dug myself out of the house with my 2 yorkies and got out at 9.30 every day even in the rain!! ( poor doggies). Pip you were right it was hard but I did it and the b/b works yay!!. xxx

Pink- the lovely pink, im so pleased ur doing well your such an inspiration and thanks for keeping us on track. xxx

Paul, I know you've been havin a rough time sorry i wasn't there to support you. keep plodding on love. xxx

Pip, thanks again my friend I promise not to go to ground again. xxx

much love to all. Maria. xxx

pinkdove
17-07-12, 11:15
morning guys, some positives today...nicola you are doing well hun, its the first time in a long time i've read such a positive post from you, you are on the way up !!! :D

laura, it wont last long hun, just go with it, you have taken to ven much easier than you did the cit, so things will even out for you soon, i'm sure, hope you feel better as the day goes on xx

maria, what dose you on ? 225mg? we are all here to help and support you hun, and im sure the yorkies are enjoying the walks even in the rain, you are doing everything to help yourself, but talking, even on a thread like this does help, no one here to judge you, hope you start to feel better soon have a :hugs:

slowfish, aw it sounds awfull for you living out of a suitcase, whatever has happened i hope you get it sorted out soon, maybe it is time for an increase, especially at such a stressful time, hope you get somewhere permanent soon. take care and keep posting xx

paul, how are you today ? hows the increase?

pip. hope you have a good day today, all these walks will be doing you and freddie the world of good, just got back from walking rosie, having a quiet chilled day today, nothing planned, pip, have you ever taken a higher dose of ven than 75mg? or is this the dose that always works for you ? just curious. take care xx

hows everyone else today,

tracey where are you hun, are you ok ?

slowfish
17-07-12, 11:28
Thanks pink, I think you're right about the increase - maybe time to go up to 225mg

I've just read the leaflet and it says to take ven with food but I don't always. I probably have breakfast just after or before but not at the same time. Do you think this would make a difference if I'm not taking with food??

I've also not always taken at exactly the same time every day, 8am for me.

I'm on Venlalic XL

pinkdove
17-07-12, 12:38
hi slowfish, i think its important to take it with food, especially if you are feeling nauseous,i take mine around 9am, and have breakfast at 8.30, just some cereal, but i have eaten somethng, taking it at the same time each day is a good idea too, although i have been a bit late with mine sometimes, say an hour or so, and felt no different, but i try to take it at about the same time each day.

i really think the extra stress your having just now wont be helping, try speaking to your gp, maybe an increase even in the short term till you get sorted would do you good. hope this helps, take care x

rockbottok
17-07-12, 13:45
Hi guys.

How is everyone. I was doing just fine till I we t out the weekend and drank ALOT and now I'm feeling very fuzzy headed and a bit low. Do u think it is due to the weekends drinking?? I'm never doing it again. My hangover was so bad it's put me off. How long til I should start to feel better again? ( not low etc)

Lou x

LAURA48
17-07-12, 14:16
Hi

Not feeling at all good today - have been out and had a coffee with my mum but feel so depressed and had some tears when I got home and feel anxious. Can you put my mind at rest as I don't want history to repeat itself. Do you think it is the increase and is this normal.

Thanks worried Laura x

pinkdove
17-07-12, 15:27
hi laura, i think it will be the increase, if you continue to feel like this, maybe you should ask if you can increase by 37.5mg just till you get used to it before increasing 75mg, it is a big jump, but maybe it will pass quickly, i think your pysc wanted you on the 150mg fast, but dont suffer, if you cant handle it, speak to him abot how you feel. take care xxx

lou what can i say hun, your hangover will pass pretty quickly im sure, i remember you did this a month or so ago, i do drink on ven, but not to excess, just a couple of glasses of wine, only because i feel it affects me more on the meds, hope you feel better soon hun xx

LAURA48
17-07-12, 16:53
Thanks Pink

Will try and hold out - had a sleep - feel a bit better - don't mind if the side effects will subside!

See how I go.

Luv Laura xxxx

TJSMITH
17-07-12, 17:40
Hi all
Laura sorry to hear you had a bad day but good that you feel a bit better.
I am really struggling again beginning to wonder if coming of cit was right thing to do as now feel really low, scared and thinking i dont want to be here do you think this is the withdrawel??? I am also now on 75mg Sertraline since yesterday.
I was 80% better on cit compared to the 50% i feel today they changed me because i get analysing how i felt and struggled to relax in my own company.
Can anyone else relax properly on thier own yet ie watch tv, read a book???
I just hope i have done right thing in changing.
I am writing on this forum as most of you i got chatting to changed from Cit to Ven lol

joy
17-07-12, 17:49
Sorry Tracy you are feeling bad, I'm not content in my own company either. I'm also all alone on the Anti Dep Valdoxan.So never know where to post!!! I havent been as good today as shrink(Dr Gorgeous) reduced the olanzapine because of the swollen ankles but I was doing well on the higher dose.
Had a bit of a day what with having a blood test and ECG on shrinks instructions and they discovered by Blood pressure was high, Great something else to worry about.

Joy

Glad you are feeling a tad better Laura

LAURA48
17-07-12, 17:58
Tracey - you have for sure done the right thing. I had a terrible time coming off Citalopram and think it is a mixture of the two meds in you. Sertraline is much better than Citalopram - you will reap the rewards shortly. It all these dosage increases, etc, like myself that mess you up - they will even out and I am sure things will improve.

Joy have sent you an email - things will improve for you too!

Take care Laura xxxx

Pipkin
17-07-12, 18:10
Hi everyone,

Well, I'm just back from picking up my repeat prescription and thought I'd better get an extra packet of beta blockers in preparation for my hols. Although it's supposed to be a relaxing time when you're on holiday and I am looking forward to it, my anxiety can play tricks on me when I'm away from home. How times have changed from when I back-packed around Europe with no regard for where I'd be sleeping that night.

A mixed bag of posts on here today.

Laura - you'll be fine, honest. I would have expected the increase to cause some side effects and I reckon you'll be ok within a week. Positive thinking and :hugs: coming your way.

Maria - so pleased you're back with us and thanks for your very kind words. I'm so pleased to have helped you and I think you're on the road to recovery now. Take the beta blockers for a few weeks until you're feeling more settled and then, if your GP agrees, taper off them over a week or so. I just stopped and was a bit anxious for a few days but it soon passed. I just take BBs now when I feel particularly anxious and that hasn't been for a while. Keep posting - we're all here to help.

Slowfish - welcome back! As Pink said, definitely take after food and at roughly the same time - it helps to keep the levels constant.

Lou - almost certainly the alcohol. If I overdo it, I feel shakey and anxious and get palpitations for a few days afterwards. Now, I only have a few glasses of wine at the weekend. I think the dehydration makes it even worse.

Pink - I'm pretty sure I was on 75mg last time too but it was so long ago I can't remember. I didn't pay as much attention to things back then. The dog's just turned into a demon and I'm taking ages to write this post as he's causing havoc all around me. I bet Rosie was never like this...

Nicola - good to hear you sounding so positive. Long may it last!

Must dash so apologies if I've missed anyone.

Take care

Pip xx

LAURA48
17-07-12, 18:26
Thanks Pip for your support - much appreciated - yes agree mixed bag on here? xxx

TJSMITH
17-07-12, 18:33
Thanks Laura
Im up and down like a bleedin yo yo and not up all day or down lol its literally up one min and down the next, i had come a long way on Cit but wasnt myself infact i think i was on a false high as became very bubbly but sad and despairing inside (strange i know) but i lost the scared feeling i had so im hoping as you say will get better.
The worst is feeling i cant do this anymore and dont want to be here all that had stopped and quite frankly scares the hell out of me as this isn't the person i am or was. I keep telling myself the meds and will get better.
Joy hang in there as you were doing well and i know about not knowing what group to post on lol as me and mr w only ones on Sertraline.

pinkdove
17-07-12, 18:34
hi tracey, yes i can totally relate to not being able to relax in your own company, and to be honest, although i feel 100% better, i still struggle with that, it is getting better, but its still there, i was about 80% well on citalopram, and with time and perseverance i am now 100% better on ven, so you have done the right thing, it just takes time for 1 med to leave the body and the other to kick in, hope you feel better soon xx

laura glad you feel better sometimes a wee nap is all it takes to recharge the batteries x

joy you are welcome here whatever meds you take x

pip, know what you mean about being away from home, in fact change of anykind sets me off, but im sure you will be fine, and have a great time, but bb's at the ready will make it easier for you, hey rosie is no saint, and remember your wee freddie is still a puppy, so he's allowed to be naughty x

paul where are you today, are you ok ?

hope you all have a good evening xxxx

TJSMITH
17-07-12, 19:02
Thanks Pinkdove its just when you have been 80% for a while, change meds and slump to 50% you question it as i would obviously be 80% but gp felt wasn't enough as i was far from normal in so far could relax was still on egde.
Hoping like you i can get there on this med to finally being me although many seem to be changed to Ven rather than Sertraline its great to hear some are finally doing well or normal since i started on here.
xx

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

ps Pinkdove did you have withdrawel effects from Cit???

Sober2000june
17-07-12, 20:42
Hi all,

Had a not bad morning in work and half afternoon. Im working 75% of my hrs now. Been toiling since i got on the train this aft. My head just telling me this will never get better and just accept this is the way you are meant to be:weep:. Even going into myself at a meeting tonight, but i still shared it and got it out. Just spoke to my wife there and things are still good with us. Now all i need is me to be good with me:shrug:. My bottom lips is tingling again and i think that might still be protracted diaz withdrawal(5wks today i just so want to get well and have what you guys have got. I'd love to pull this splinter out of my mind - if i knew what it was!!

Sorry for the moan guys, but just honestly sharing.

Many thanks,

pinkdove
17-07-12, 21:12
tracey, yes when i started ven i wasnt great for the first 10 days or so, and my gp told me that it was cit withdrawal, but it passed quite quick, when the ven started to kick in...hang on in there xx

paul sorry you are having a rough time, but 5 weeks off the diazapam is not to be underestimated, you have done so well with that alone.
this is not the way you are meant to be, you are recovering, and its a slow process, and to be working 75% of your time, is to be comended when you are feeling the way you do.

also you are on your own this week, so all things considered you are doing great, hang on in there paul, better times ahead for you x

rob86
17-07-12, 21:15
Hello. Uh oh. Bad day. Been very stupid possibly.Driving home in a foul mood, angry. Grabbed all my meds and chucked them out the window. Had an appointment tomorrow morning with the Doctor. To arrive home and receive a message it has been cancelled.
Obviously i should try to gain an emergency appointment tomorrow, yet my surgery is usually useless when it comes to those.Pondering my options.

TJSMITH
17-07-12, 21:45
Thanks Pink all this withdrawing and starting new one confuses me, been on Sertraline 4 weeks now so im guessing once Cit out my system im on my own in effect until other one kicks in and im told Sertraline takes a while. Thanks for feedback.
Rob i felt like chucking the pills as had enough of the yo yoing lol but im certainly not in the dark place of five months ago so will keep plooding on, wothout the support on here i think i would have surely lost it :)

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

ps Paul Diazapam is very hard to get off so im told so you doing well as pink ays. My 8 yr old was given Diazapam for a week after an op in the states and he suffered horrible headaches for a while.

ben6789
18-07-12, 01:32
hey still on 37.5 x 2 a day down from 225mg, sleep alot better...i was speaking 2 my gp and i asked him what was the best anti depressant he thought was in the world and he said citrolapam , "it gives you happy boost to get you doin more" something like that he said, but he said can make anxiety worse, but i think my prob is gettin in that happy mood then i am not anxious etc, so any views on citrolapam , is effexor better??? might try it but would like some views on it, bcos stoppin effexor aint good, he also gave me ZOPICLONE to sleep better, dont drink on that stuff i think i ODd, knoks you out 4 ten lol

LAURA48
18-07-12, 12:09
Hi Ven buddies

Just an update - not feeling that good tbh - anxious and low mood. Just had a copy letter from my psychiatrist saying that on my next visit he wants me to go to 225mg - he said he feels depression is secondary to my ocd (anxiety being the first) and that Ven is not normally the first line med for this - but feels I would benefit from a stronger antidepressant. Early days I suppose - but was doing so well last week! What a rocky road!

Also just got back in from the hospital - my mum had an appointment with a Consultant Gastroenterologist? Well he was so bloody rude and patronising nearly walked out! My poor mum has hearing problems in her 80s and was getting confused - so that hasn't put me in a good mood. Oh well help everyone else is ok-ish - sorry for the rant!

Take care

Laura xx

Ben don't think you can really compare Effexor with Citalopram - Effexor is a stronger and better antidepressant and wins hands down. Your GP may be swaying you to Citalopram as it is cheap!

joy
18-07-12, 12:25
Hi everyone

Laura Sorry you arent feeling too good, you could certainly have done without a supercilious rwit of a consultant. We had one of those when we saw the surgeon who did my husbands knee replacement. Hubby is still in pain after 8 months and all the surgeon could say is"I've done hundreds of these operations and never had a complaint before"
Whos complaining? We only want it sorted.

i'm not too bad today I suppose apart from aching ankles. Had CBT session but been signed off from that as we werent getting anywhere.

Anyone watching the Lloyd webber thingy,? Any favourites so far?

Love Joy

pinkdove
18-07-12, 12:55
hi guys, sorry you are feeling a bit rough today laura, it will be the increase, but you know that, but even so you managed to take your mum for her appointment, so well done for that, i hate when dr's are patronising especially to the elderly, i had something similair when i took my dad, i told him he's a bit deaf, not stupid, really annoying. re going on a higher dose, just try and concentrate on settling on this dose, how long till your next appointment ?

joy glad you are feeling a bit better today, apart from the ankles, put your feet up and have a relaxing day x

ben i agree with laura you cant compare the two, we are all so different, but if you are making progress, why change , hope you have a good day

tracey and paul how are you both today?

lou got over that hangover yet ?

pip, hope you are well today, not long till you get some time off, im a bit tired today, could be the weather, very drab, but dry at the moment, nothing much to do, so can just chill, i do think that sometimes being in my own company can still be hard, like i have to be doing something, but i think even that is getting better x

how's everyone else today ?

ben6789
18-07-12, 13:17
hey all thanks wont bova takin that then, my mum works in boots and she says she gives hundreds of boxes of citralporam a day ( prob a cheap option like ya said lol) i find effexor is more of a mood stabiliser than a feel good drug, but feeling stable does help a lot cheerz

slowfish
18-07-12, 13:44
Hi all

Laura - hope you are feeling a bit better today.

I took a lorazepam last night and although I still woke at 2am and 5am, as per usual, there were no racing negative thoughts. I just fell back to sleep quite quickly and had no nasty dreams like I usually have. Feel a bit sleepy today though.

Just had a call that my first counselling session planned for later today has been cancelled. Shame. Nevermind.

nicola1980
18-07-12, 14:01
Hi all, well day 7 of increase to 150mg and theres a definate improvement (touch wood)! Mornings are still a bit rocky but alot better than before, laura sorry your still feeling rough :hugs: stick with it hun it will get better x x

LAURA48
18-07-12, 17:19
Hi

Thanks for your support - Pink I see him next on 4 August - so hopefully should be a bit more stable for the increase. Thanks Joy, Slowfish and Nicola for your support too! Strange how you can go from one week to another or even one day and feel so different!!

Take care

Laura xx

Pipkin
18-07-12, 18:11
Hi all,

Just checking in quickly as I'm just back from a long day at work - feeling fine but very tired. I think I need to start going to bed earlier.

Still a mixed bag on here today and my heart goes out to those of you who are finding it hard - I truly sympathise but I'm confident that you'll get there.

Take care and I'll try and check in later - I'm off for a wee nap before dinner.

Pip xxx

P.S. Pink - I picked up the charity shop bargain of the year today. A brand-new regatta waterproof jacket for my hols for £8! If I didn't need it, it would be straight on eBay...

pinkdove
18-07-12, 18:51
hi pip, yep thats a bargain, £8.... a steal, hope you get good weather for your hols, its a good forecast for us for the weekend, so maybe sumers coming at last. i have been tired this past couple of days too, at least you are doing a days work so have an excuse, think i might just be feeling lazy lol

i will go out tomorrow, just to wander around the shops, see if i can pick up a bargain like you, get an early night tonight, and catch up on sleep, you want to feel well for your time off xx

Sober2000june
18-07-12, 19:07
Hi all,

Laura, I can feel your pain I’m exactly the same way! Starting to wonder if I’ve gone the wrong way, should I have been going down? Afternoons starting to become hell - feel as if sanity (what I had) is ebbing away. It’s been weeks again, since I’ve been able to watch TV. I think I need to start exercising again. Gone from walking 6mils a day to jack sh!t. I have an appt with my GP next Tue. He’s a good listener, but I feel like giving him a slap on the wrists when I see him. As you’ll know I’m currently on 187.5mg per day(2x75 Venlalic and splitting a STD release 37.5 am & pm). I mentioned about getting a pill cutter to half a 75xl allowing me to take all tabs in one go. I was concerned if the coating had anything to do with the release mechanism thus invalidating slow release mechanism if I dissected the tab. He assured me it was the composition of the tab that controlled the release rate – fine. My tabs are manufactured by Dallas Burston Ashbourne. So being a Design Engineer I have an inquisitive mind, so I checked out their product specs.
“2) How does it work?
In this type of Drug Delivery System, Osmotic pressure is the driving force that generates constant drug release. This system is manufactured by applying a semipermeable membrane around a core which includes the active substance and an osmotic agent. This semipermeable membrane allows water to pass into the core. A delivery hole is drilled through the membrane by a laser
system for releasing the active substance dissolved through the membrane.
3) Can you break the Venlalic® XL Tablets?
No, because Venlalic® XL is an extended release preparation the tablets should be taken with food, and swallowed whole with fluid and not divided, crushed, chewed or dissolved.”

So what I was informed by GP is clearly b0ll0cks, and I had in fact cut the tablet in half I would have been given a venla wallop.
In my industry, if I were to wrongly spec a product there would be an inquiry. However in the medical business it appears you can play god with people’s brains with impunity or little understanding. I kind of feel, “give him a break he’s only a general practitioner”, then I think, “hold on, this guys on 6 figs!” Also, I knew more about the meds than my first shrink. I remember her looking into her little book and conceding “oh! You’re right”.
Sorry about the angry belch, but it is cathartic to get it out!
Hope everyone is doing better than me,

Paul x

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

P.S. positives going to a meeting tonight, still off the Benzos, and i'll be picking up the troop carrier tommorow. The boys will love the leccy sliding doors:D

Pipkin
18-07-12, 20:41
Paul,

It's very hard to call if you should be increasing or not. I suppose you don't know how your body will react until you try. Increasing has worked really well for some people, others, like me, have settled on a lower dose. I'd love to give you an answer but I think it might be trial and error.

You're spot on about dividing the tablets - I read some very similar text a few months ago when I was browsing a GPs' forum and they were debating this point. The only time I've ever seen reference to dividing a slow release is in the Effexor capsules leaflet where it says that if people can't swallow the capsule, they can be opened and the contents mixed into apple sauce and swallowed without chewing. Theoretically, this would mean you could divide the contents.

We read a lot about our condition and the meds we take, learning every last detail. I guess GPs don't have that opportunity to cover all the meds they prescribe in such detail. Not that it's an excuse, as no advice is better than the wrong advice which you were given.

Before I disappear for the night, I think you may have said something critical in your post. Not exercising like you used to will have a real effect on how you're feeling and, before you change your dose any further, it might be worth a week trying to increase your exercise and seeing how you feel. I know it's really hard when you feel terrible but it has to be worth a try.

Take care

Pip x

Catya
18-07-12, 21:06
Well hello all. I've been away which has been lovely, but can do nothing but eat on citalopram. I will try and catch up on posts but think I'm going to try and come off meds.

joy
18-07-12, 21:21
Really fed up not only have my ankles swollen my knees have joined in now and they hurt and are stiff, surely it cant be the olanzapine or have I suddenly developed arthritis. No word today re ECG so that must be ok.

Anx was mainly low today except after a long chatty phone call with a friend I suddenly went all shaky again

Gawd knows whats going on not to mention my high blood pressure reading yesterday.

Feel like I'm falling to bits
Did I mention I'm on anti biotics for a tooth infection as well!!!!!!

Love Joy

Sober2000june
18-07-12, 23:05
Hi all,

Just thought id finish on a positive note.Feeling more calm now and planning stuff again - ah the fun. I agree with you pip, i've a lot of time for my doc because he listens and is quite not in the slightest bit patronising. I just felt better getting it out. tomorrows another day:)

Gnite folks:bighug1:

LAURA48
19-07-12, 08:34
Hi Paul

Tough isn't it - I am struggling at the moment - went to bed at 7 pm last night as felt rotten! more depressed? I have had all this before many years ago and put on the right meds, etc and got on with life but this spate is a different kettle of fish entirely - thinking my age has something to do with it (48) but sure don't want HRT into the mix!

I am a bit dubious with GPs with working for them too - one in particular where I work - would not take my pup to see her. Re antidepressants I find many of them get it so wrong, hence going private -the psychiatrist asked them to prescribe Effexor XL only to be given cheap shite of some make have never heard of! Viepax? GP quote "I will get ticked off from the Primary Care Trust" ?? our budgets won't cover it? - Saving him the cost of a referral!

Anyway see how today goes it's my parent's Diamond Wedding Anniversary and they insisted they didn't want me to plan anything (just as well at the moment) so will pop round and may take them out for lunch - with lorazepam to hand!

Hope everyone else has a good day - guess Paul and I will catch you up!

Take care Laura x

nicola1980
19-07-12, 09:08
Hi all, sorry your still struggling laura hopefully will level out for you soon, cant believe your gp wouldnt prescribe you effexor :mad: mine had no prob when i asked for it even saying his self that its a better brand! Im still doing better on the 150mg but had phonecall yesterday saying shrink wants to see me a wk earlier cause of how bad i was prior to me increasing so seeing her a wk on monday now x x

LAURA48
19-07-12, 09:56
Hi - thanks Nicola for your support - glad you are feeling better. Hopefully I shall level out! I know re the Effexor - I have a good rapport with my GP but he would not give in!!

Pleased to you will be seeing psychiatrist earlier - that is good - do you think you will increase?

Speak to you later

Laura xxx

nicola1980
19-07-12, 11:14
I don't think she will increase me, all along shes wanted me on 150mg but ive struggled to get that high before as couldn't stand the side effects, think she just wants to see how im getting on as i was a bit of mess after taking the imipramine!! xx

pinkdove
19-07-12, 11:50
morning guys, laura have answered your message on fb hun, have a good lunch with your mum and dad.

paul so glad you are feeling a bit more calm today, what a rollercoaster this is, hope you continue to improve x

nicola, good you are seeing your pysc a bit earlier, im sure she'll be happy with your progress, my gp like yours had no problem prescribing effexor...we must be lucky , take care x

joy you poor thing, must be painful, and suffering a tooth infection too :ohmy: hope you feel better soon x

tracey how are u hun ?

pip hope your having a good day..not long now till that well earned rest x

hope evryone else is doing ok today x

quite nice here today, after lunch i think i might go for a wander round the shops, just to break the day, feeling ok still, just a bit bored, need something to keep me occupied xx

Tufty
19-07-12, 12:16
So this is where you've all sloped off to:D, it's very lonely on the 'should I swap thread' can I join you here?? I know I'm on different meds (Prozac) but know you guys and like the support you give each other. Good to here most of you are slowly improving, Ven seems the drug of choice at the mo then. Has anyone changed from Prozac to Ven?
I'm week 20 now of varying doses from 40mg to 15mg daily and been soldiering on, as one does, but increased from 20mg every 36 hours to 20mg every 24 hours (cos 36 hours was a mare to remember) didn't think it would make much difference but :ohmy: it has, panic ++++++++, sweating, etc etc - how can it do that - its a tiny increase and with its 'long half life' blah blah and all. Felt like I was back to square one earlier but 4mg Diazepam and 80mg Propanolol later am starting to come down abit - my jaw has stopped shaking and the sweating has improved.
Anyway (good stories please! this thread says) what's the general consensus on the Ven, I'm off the see doc tomorrow - haven't been for 7 weeks or so and still contemplating changing but scared of going backwards again!
Love and hugs to all
Lovely and sunny in Torquay - not so good when I'm pouring sweat and had 2 showers today already X

Sober2000june
19-07-12, 12:59
Hi All,

Slept a bit better last night. Still, within 5 mins of rising trying to run away from racing head:weep:. Trying to get excited about picking up new car, but feel nothing. Bored and unmotivated at work, even though i know i am lucky to have it.

Ah well, got to keep on keeping on.
Maybe when i get to 225 itll be a different story.
Still no benzos - have no interest in taking them.

Peace and serenity all:hugs:
Paul

pinkdove
19-07-12, 13:06
hi sam you are more than welcome here hun, whatever meds your on, what a slow process this is, i know that, but you are doing well, sounds lovely in torquay, i love the coast, funny but i get the sweats too, just have a shower and feel like i could have another, still no complaints, its dry and warm here today, take care xx

paul, you might feel better when you pick your new car up, and the kids are all excieted, well done on the diazapam withdrawal, and yep maybe the increase will push things along for you, hope you feel better as the day goes on xx

nicola1980
19-07-12, 13:20
Hi sam, Maybe its time for a change in meds for you? Youve stuck prozac out long enough i think x x

Tufty
19-07-12, 13:34
Yep, you know what it's like though better the devil you know, scared of change etc. I've always got something to do and think, well after I've been here, done that, etc I'll change meds if I'm no better. Up to 15th August I've got an exam, trip to Olympics and seperate trip to Thorpe Park - oh and get the dog neutered - so I think when I've done that i'll change but I know I'll then they'll be other stuff to do that will put me off changing.
I've just got me charts out to take to the docs tomorrow and I've defo improved - it's been 18 weeks not 20 as I'd thought - feels like 52. I've been OK for nearly 3 weeks, not fantastically well but able to function normally and enjoy some things but today has been awful -as I said better now but makes me realise it's never too far away. How are you on the Ven?

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

Thank you for your kind words Pink Dove, thing I hate about the sweats most is my hair, I've not had it cut since January, so you can imagine what it's like and it gets greasy quickly with the sweating:blush:. Tempted to shave it all off at the mo!

joy
19-07-12, 14:45
Hello all

I'm frustrated my email account wont let me sign in goodness knows why and hubby is out for the day to help me out,cos I aint no computer expert. Suddenly managed to get on here but cant get my emails.

Tooth infection is a lot better One good thing
Blood test ok Second good thing
Blood pressure Ok today Third good thing

BUT it means probably that the swollen ankles are due to the olanzapine and I have been feeling better since being on it but probably wwill have to stop it, Bloomin typical.
And cant email shrink cos email not working GRRRRR

Isnt life fun

Joy

lauz_lea
19-07-12, 17:16
So this is where you're all hiding now lol. Hope everyone is doing well.

I posted on the cit thread last night with a little progress update (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=118054) but just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to those that have given me their time, support, advise etc etc, you're all marvellous.

I still check in regularly and read everyone's posts, but less often as I find it feeds my OCD and anx if I check in too much.

You're all so inspirational, you've all been so supportive, even when you've needed that support yourselves.

LOVE TO YOU ALL XXX

pinkdove
19-07-12, 18:10
aw lauz what a lovely post, sounds like you are doing well these days, so pleased for you, hope you continue to improve, all the best to you xx :hugs:

Pipkin
19-07-12, 18:41
Hi everyone,

Had a stressful dog walk due to various stray dog incidents but we both got back in one piece (covered in mud though).

:welcome: to our new posters on this thread. Did you not realise that this is where all the cool people hang out? It's like the kitchen at a party - we're the ones hovering around the drinks, gossiping.

I think it's a mixed bag for us on ven. Some of us are doing really well (Pink and I certainly are), but others are finding it hard. I don't think that there's a huge difference between the meds - it's just that different ones suit different people and it can be hard work finding the right one.

Laura - I rarely get Effexor (though I have at the minute as I think the pharmacy must have run out of generic capsules) but I've never noticed any difference. It could just be me though as I'm not very sensitive to these things.

Well, one more day at work and then a week off!!

Take care

Pip xx

rob86
19-07-12, 20:28
Hello everybody.

After not taking my medication for around 3 days, i have eventually got some more. The withdrawal i started to feel, didn't seem physically, too bad. However, my general mood darkened. I started to become paranoid, angry, tearful. I did have the "runs" pretty bad yesterday too. The worst part though, was the dreams. Absolutely bizarre and scary dreams. Woke up last night, crapping myself with fear. In one, me and my girlfriend were potatoes and we were being chopped up. HAHAHA ! totally bizarre. But adjoined to intense feelings of fear.

Got back on to the 150mg today, took some on the bus, was almost sick. Not the best idea. I shan't throw away my meds in a strop again !

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Hello everybody.

After not taking my medication for around 3 days, i have eventually got some more. The withdrawal i started to feel, didn't seem physically, too bad. However, my general mood darkened. I started to become paranoid, angry, tearful. I did have the "runs" pretty bad yesterday too. The worst part though, was the dreams. Absolutely bizarre and scary dreams. Woke up last night, crapping myself with fear. In one, me and my girlfriend were potatoes and we were being chopped up. HAHAHA ! totally bizarre. But adjoined to intense feelings of fear.

Got back on to the 150mg today, took some on the bus, was almost sick. Not the best idea. I shan't throw away my meds in a strop again !

Pipkin
19-07-12, 20:50
Rob,

Glad you got sorted - give it a couple of days to get your levels back up again. Always best to take with food too!

Talking of which, your dream's made me peckish - off for a bag of crisps...

Pip x

P.S. is this website really slow tonight or has my dog been chewing my router cable again?

alfredo1
20-07-12, 09:17
Hi all,
I just thought I would give you an update.

As some of you may know, i increased from 150 to 225 (myself - naughty i know -doctor told me off but said if it makes you feel better then so be it) and i'm feeling (touch wood) marvelous on them. I've not atually felt this great for well over a year.

The 225mg is abviously the dose for me. Its just crazy how my mind is settled, i'm more positive, confident, happier. Looking forward to life and the future.

I think back to when I was on sertraline earlier this year and i was suicidal and didn't think I'd ever be back to the old me.

Its been a very long rocky road but I'm hoping that I may be there now.
I did have side effets at first, heart flutter, dreaded feeling, sleepless nights (although not as bad as when I was on citalorpam), night sweats. I wnt for an ECG and my heart rate is fine and bloody pressure too.

I just hope this gives those of you who are just starting the ven encouragement.

Another thing that amazes me is that one med might work so well for one person, but be the pits for others.

I'm not getting any side effects apart from night sweats. I've put on a copule of pounds, but to be honest I've been eating REALLY badly the last few weeks, so diet starts on Monday and gym here we come.

I will regularly report in but I'm just happy that I'm not on here all day every day searching for answers, which is what i was like day in day out.......

I hope you all get there. I can highly recommend this med. it works for me and hoping it will long continue. I start therapy in September as I really want to get off all meds and live a life without having to rely on a tablet to make me feel stable.

Good luck everyone
Kerrie xxxx

LAURA48
20-07-12, 09:44
Hi Kerrie

Have sent you a PM as I know you have really struggled in the past re Sertraline, Citalopram. It was just about really the start up effects, etc and when you first went on Ven?

I am struggling at the moment - first week on 75mg was a breeze - the second week on 150mg not very good - like old symptoms back! Was just asking for reassurance really but pleased you are doing well - keep it up!!

Laura xx

nicola1980
20-07-12, 09:48
Thats brilliant news kerrie :D day 9 of 150mg for me and not too bad, are you still struggling laura? X x

LAURA48
20-07-12, 09:52
Hi Nicola

Yes I am - yesterday was horrendous tbh - crying - the depression seemed much worse. I don't know what is going on - had to have 3 lorazepam yesterday to calm me down!! mind you he did say I would need them! That is why I pm kerrie as I know she has had a rough time too! got a bad headache too!

Glad you are feeling a bit Nicola x it must be the dose increase - so soon - with me - don't you think but I will see it through as do not want to play around with the dosing.

joy
20-07-12, 11:15
Poor you Laura

I'm feeling eeby jeeby today but dont know if its psycological knowing shrink has taken me off olanzapine cos of the swollen ankles . I was bouncing about the last couple of weeks but not bouncing now. Cant decide if I'm making myself feel bad if you know what I mean.

Love Joy

nicola1980
20-07-12, 11:16
It will be the increase hun, thats what happened to me the first time i tried to increase to 150mg hence me cutting myself back down again but wish id rode it out now, it will get easier, im finding the tiredness quite hard on the 150mg, i take mine in the morning about 8ish and ccome 9:30 im exhausted and nearly falling to sleep!! Im having a bit of a wobbly day, got low anxiety and a bit restless, its such a bloody rollercoaster ride xx

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

How are your ankles today joy? xx

joy
20-07-12, 11:21
Ankles still swollen but guess it'll take a few days to settle down. Bloomin wish they havent swollen I was doing so well. Almost wish they were caused by blood pressure then I could have added another tablet to the mix!!!

Joy

LAURA48
20-07-12, 11:22
Hi Joy and Nicola - thanks for your support - just been reading through Kerrie's post and she has had a rough time of it too - did PM her but have heard nothing.

Joy thinks alot of these meds play games with a psyche - damned typical for that to happen - as if you haven't been through enough! but glad Nicola you are settling on the 150mg.

Am waiting for a friend to pop round for some lunch - she is lovely and has been through a lot herself (breast cancer) last year - but cannot really be bothered to chat - sooner have a nap - isn't that horrid saying that but can't be doing with it but she is nice. Pup is being a little sod these past few days - think her hormones are playing up she is being spayed in August may quieten her down!

Anyway speak to you later

Luv Laura xxx

lucyedmington
20-07-12, 14:21
Ankles still swollen but guess it'll take a few days to settle down. Bloomin wish they havent swollen I was doing so well. Almost wish they were caused by blood pressure then I could have added another tablet to the mix!!!

Joy

Shame about the olanzapine, are you going to try risperidone or quetapine?

joy
20-07-12, 15:15
Dunno about trying rispirone or quitapine as been on both before but not with the anti dep Valdoxan which is what I'm on now. Had limites success with Risp but not with quet.

In the shrinks hands I suppose, hes a disappointed as me that my ankles have decided to swell up

Joy

alfredo1
20-07-12, 16:29
Hi Joy and Nicola - thanks for your support - just been reading through Kerrie's post and she has had a rough time of it too - did PM her but have heard nothing.

Joy thinks alot of these meds play games with a psyche - damned typical for that to happen - as if you haven't been through enough! but glad Nicola you are settling on the 150mg.

Am waiting for a friend to pop round for some lunch - she is lovely and has been through a lot herself (breast cancer) last year - but cannot really be bothered to chat - sooner have a nap - isn't that horrid saying that but can't be doing with it but she is nice. Pup is being a little sod these past few days - think her hormones are playing up she is being spayed in August may quieten her down!

Anyway speak to you later

Luv Laura xxx

I have personal msg'd you now Laura love kerrie x

pinkdove
20-07-12, 17:09
hi guys, kerrie what a great post, so pleased for you, so you done the right thing to increase the ven, 225mg is obviously what you needed, hope you continue to improve, take care, and keep in touch x

laura, oh i feel for you, especially after having such a good 1st week, but it will settle, still very early days for you, i remember well when i would rather sleep than have a chat with anybody, just go with it, and enjoy the time with your friend xx

nicola, you have improved pretty fast on the 150mg too, really pleased for you x

joy, hope you get something sorted out with mr gorgeous x

paul how are you today ?

pip, i had trouble getting on here last nght....so slow, and i know what you mean about walking the dog and bumping into strays, i hate it, because rosie is fiesty, and will try and have a go, not good sends my anxiety sky high lol.

you will be starting your week off soon,and it is a realy good forecast, so maybe get in some sunbathing, hows the migie bites ? not a bad day for me today, a little low anxiety, but could be hormonal, just trying to ignore it, have a good evening x

hows everyone else today ? slowfish and maria....any better ?

LAURA48
20-07-12, 17:33
Hi

Just had a lovely, encouraging message from Kerrie - she has certainly been through it and doing well on the increase.

There have been no tears today and had a lovely chat with my friend - she bought me a lovely gift from holiday with a card to a special friend with kind words - bless her.

Hope Pink you are ok, Nicola, Joy, Paul, Slowfish and Paul, hope the increase is going well.

Speak later and thanks for support

Love Laura xx

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Oh and Pip - how could I forget you!:hugs::hugs:

pinkdove
20-07-12, 18:22
laura thats great news well done !! :D

Tufty
20-07-12, 19:53
Hi all,
Had a awful day:weep:, climbing the walls, Propanolol and Diazepam'd up to me eyeballs which is just about taking the edge off.
Saw my GP who agrees that after 18 weeks on Prozac it is not the drug for me. So tapering off, I know you can do that quite quickly with Prozzie - down to one every other day and then review it next Friday. I can't see how I'm going to get to next Friday feeling as I do, so I hope the symptoms I've got wear off soon, it has been intolerable the last 36 hours, waves of terror and hopelessness. So fed up of it all. Sorryx

TJSMITH
20-07-12, 20:21
Hi all
Sorry not been on here trying to keep myself busy and also been at work.
How is everyone??
Laura sorry to hear you still not good but been cheered up a little.
Joy i have messaged you and Nic how are you??
Pinkdove you seem to still be doing well.

I spent day with my little sister yesterday she is only 21 and gone through 3 years of this and been on half a dozen different meds but finally doing well it was nie to speak to someone else although she my sister not seen her for 2 years which is sad but we promised to make more of an effort.
I have done well for 3 days now and feel the Sertraline is for me, i have still hsve low lying anxiety in so far as checking in but i really feel time is needed rather than a change of pills again for this and there seems to be more times where i think about other things now so fingers crossed, very different from Monday when i broke down in Docs. Trying to take a day at a time now.
School hols too so that will be a test, day 1 gone good took kids swimmimg and relaxed (best i could) this afternoon.

Hope everyone has an anxiety free weekend or little as possible :) x

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

ps posting on here from no on as everyone i speak to on here lol... hope that ok x

joy
20-07-12, 20:26
Oh dear Sam
Thought you were doing quite well a while back, its awful when you feel as bad as you do. Has gp suggested an alternative yet ?
I;m still in trouble as you have prob read, Ankles feel better tonight at least they are hurting but the anx has gone up after 2 weeks of normality.So fed up

love joy

Keep posting if you feel bad over the weekend you can always pm me

Pipkin
20-07-12, 21:02
Hi everyone,

Just been for a little nap as I got home from work with a thumping headache and ended up sleeping for 3 hours - I must have been tired. Feeling much better now. Been busy trying to tie up lots of loose ends at work and spent nearly all day in front of my pc, hence the headache. I forgot my glasses so I've only really got myself to blame.

Off work for a week now and I'm hoping the weather is going to be good - I'm looking forward to some long walks and a bit of relaxation and getting ready for my proper hols in 3 weeks' time.

Kerrie - you're doing so well and I think you're one of the first on here on that dose. It's great that you're feeling do much better. Has your GP officially increased your dose?

Pink - talking of increased anxiety, I lost Freddie on a walk this morning. He only went for a few minutes but I was getting a bit frantic. He came back of his own accord but it's a bit scary, especially with him being so young. Still, dogs will be dogs and I think I need to calm down a bit.

Still half asleep so I'll catch up with everyone else later. I'll come back on when I've woken up a bit and had a bite to eat.

Take care and hello to anyone who's just joined this thread.

Pip x

Tufty
20-07-12, 21:04
Thanks Joy, I was doing well - but am in that scared in my own skin state again, want to cry but can't, a complete mess. Bloomin meds, thinking of going drug free for a few weeks - except for the Valium and Propanolol and Zopliclone and seeing how it is. The doc did mention Mitazepine but I'm not keen, won't rule anything out thou.
Tomorrow will be better :shrug:surely

Sober2000june
20-07-12, 22:54
Hi Folks, sorry not checked in, family back. Wife did not tell kids about People carrier, so when she pulled into the drive, my eldest said "s that ours?" So they were quite excited. Middle son pressed every button, opened and closed the electric doors god know how many times, and tried out every seat. We went a drive later on - son no 2 and I, eldest playing it cool(doesn't like to show his emotions). So, middle son and I went for a cruise along motorway and it was great - like driving an armchair. So we're planning on heading down to Sussex area next week. So, to sum up, Paul’s had a much better day.:D

Thanks for your share Kerrie, that was like a shot in the arm to me:hugs:.

Everyone,

Thank you so much for your ongoing support,
Paul :bighug1:

slowfish
21-07-12, 08:54
Hi all. Started on 225mg this morning so really hoping this dose will help. Great to read Kerries post , yesterday, gives me hope that I'll get there too.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend x

LAURA48
21-07-12, 09:24
Morning everyone

Well had a good night's sleep - ven making me so tired - woke up feeling hazy - let's hope the day is better! Will be 2 weeks on Ven - the last one on 150mg.

Sorry Sam you are struggling you have certainly given Prozac a good run - the withdrawal will get easier as the days go on and take the diazepam - trouble with Prozac stays in the system longer than the others. Any ideas of what you will change to?

Hope Pip, Pink, Paul, Joy - are ok - and your ankles are less swollen Joy.

Tracey you are welcome anytime on this thread and really pleased the Sert is helping.

Slowfish keep me informed of how the 225 is going? seeing my psych in 2 weeks and that is the next plan - would prefer to go a bit slower but typical shrink! He said from the outset that is the dose I need to be on!

Will speak later - hope you all have a good day

Love Laura xx

Tufty
21-07-12, 11:02
Thanks Laura, I'm still not sure what to do, I'm usually not a ditherer but this is different. I've been OK on 20mg every 36 hours for 8 weeks before increasing. So I may go back to that for a while, it's been hell so far today:weep: i need to get back on an even keel before deciding what to do

joy
21-07-12, 13:28
Hello All

Fed up, ankles still swollen and mood has dropped since not taking Olanzapine. Had my blood pressure taken in local chemist and she said its up again. Dunno whats going on.

I was doing so well on Olanzapine its so not fair.

Hope everyone is ok ish

Love Joy

pinkdove
21-07-12, 14:40
hi guys, sam im so sory you are having it so rough really hoped you were getting there, maybe time to speak to your gp, dont suffer hun, i know what you are going through, but so dissapointing when you seemed to improve, what a rollercoaster this is, but you will get there, one day at a time, really hope you get some relief soon take care :hugs:

laura at least you are getting a good sleep, do you feel the 150mg is settling any yet ?

paul loved your post about the boys and the new car, and glad to read you are feeling a bit better too, happy motoring !!!!

slowfish, let us know how you get on with the increase, maybe you will settle on that like kerrie has, we all need different doses, and i hope this is the right one for you xx

nicola, how are you doing ?

pip, great news a whole week off and not a bad forecast, i get in a panic if i cant see rosie, just like to know where she is, good that freddie came back tho' as hes such a young puppy, all these classes paying off, have a great week off pip, you so deserve it xx

just back been out since 9am this morning, went to ikea, had a bit lunch there, and to pick up our new dining room set :D love it !!! just putting finishing touches to frnt room, and enjoying it !!!

for those of you still struggling, please take heart, i never thought i would ever get to where i am now, but i did, it has been a long slow process, wit many ups and downs, but i am living a normal life, and you all will too, :hugs: to you all xx

Pipkin
21-07-12, 16:35
Afternoon all,

Lovely weather here today and have been to puppy school and for a really long walk - I really hope the weather stays like this for a while, especially when I'm away in a couple of weeks.

I'll reply to some of you later but I just wanted to check in a say hello.

I hope people are ok/feeling a bit better. Wise words from Pink - it's a long road but there is light at the end.

Take care

Pip xx

LAURA48
21-07-12, 17:36
hi guys, sam im so sory you are having it so rough really hoped you were getting there, maybe time to speak to your gp, dont suffer hun, i know what you are going through, but so dissapointing when you seemed to improve, what a rollercoaster this is, but you will get there, one day at a time, really hope you get some relief soon take care :hugs:

laura at least you are getting a good sleep, do you feel the 150mg is settling any yet ?

paul loved your post about the boys and the new car, and glad to read you are feeling a bit better too, happy motoring !!!!

slowfish, let us know how you get on with the increase, maybe you will settle on that like kerrie has, we all need different doses, and i hope this is the right one for you xx

nicola, how are you doing ?

pip, great news a whole week off and not a bad forecast, i get in a panic if i cant see rosie, just like to know where she is, good that freddie came back tho' as hes such a young puppy, all these classes paying off, have a great week off pip, you so deserve it xx

just back been out since 9am this morning, went to ikea, had a bit lunch there, and to pick up our new dining room set :D love it !!! just putting finishing touches to frnt room, and enjoying it !!!

for those of you still struggling, please take heart, i never thought i would ever get to where i am now, but i did, it has been a long slow process, wit many ups and downs, but i am living a normal life, and you all will too, :hugs: to you all xx

Hi Pink

Haven't felt at all well to day - seem much more depressed? Hope this changes as been on this 150mg for one week - I had a nap but had such bad dreams - I don't know. Just get worried. Hope it goes.

Laura x

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

Please you got sorted at Ikea - bet your dining room looks lovely! Nice to give the home a makeover!

I don't want to rush upping dosages at the moment

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Joy

Oh I really feel for you - sending you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tufty
21-07-12, 18:56
Evening, feel like I've done a round with Mike Tyson - battered and bruised, but the sweating, the twitching, the lock jaw and the electric shock feelings have calmed down this afternoon.
I managed to take the pup out for half an hour but had to sit down for most of it, I was walking her for an hour before this came on so she's wondering whats going on. I ran a marathon last year and my legs didn't ache as much as this - can't fathom it out.
I agree with you Laura about upping doses - not something to be rushed into if you're sensitive to drugs - I'm dropping back down, I was managing to function pretty well with just the odd bad day on the lower dose.
Hope everyone has a good evening, the boys have just got back from fishing so we have fresh mackeral for tea.
X

LAURA48
21-07-12, 19:04
Hope you will soon feel better Sam - thinking of you x I had a good first week on 75mg now back to square one but I have read you feel worse before you feel better - remember was the same with Prozac many years ago. Lovely isn't it????

pinkdove
21-07-12, 19:08
hi laura, i'm sure things wil settle down for you, its still very early days on the increase, the thing with ven is we all seem to settle on different doses, now pip is good on 75mg, and i am good on 150mg, whereas slowfish and kerrie needs 225mg, have you only felt like tis since the increase?

when i started ven i stopped citalopram one day and started ven the next, no problems with the ven, but i did have withdrawals from the cit, do you think this might be what you're having ? i had them for about 10 days, then no problems.

just take a nap when you feel like it, and one day at a time, you will get there laura, sorry you feel so bad xx

sam my heart goes out to you too, it is so easy for us to overmedicate, trying to get better quick, so maybe a drop will be the right thing for you, i hope so, hope you feel better soon x

TJSMITH
21-07-12, 19:44
Hi there
Well 4 days running not too bad although felt a bit low all day today i think sometimes i read more into it as we all have down days hard to distinguish normal from anxiety and depression now..
Gp wanted me on 100mg sert but im only taking 75mg and cut the 10mg cit that i got down to altogether 5 days ago.
I think im on the right track and hoping with time i will stop the checking in that still fairly frequent.
Going to risk a couple glasses on wine tonight.
Sending hugs to everyone that still struggling althouh im learning it a very rocky ride indeed xxx:hugs:

nicola1980
21-07-12, 20:01
Hi all, well not a good day for me either :weep: feel really off and got dreadful earache which has made my anxiety soar again :mad: can somebody stop this rollercoaster please i want to get off!!!!!!!! xx

lauz_lea
21-07-12, 20:59
Hey all, sorry to hear some of you aren't feeling too hot, it makes us really appreciate the good days though.

Laura, I'm sure the ven will settle down for you soon, but if it doesn't, see if you can go back down to 75mg for a while, sometimes its hard to distinguish too much versus too little. I would hate for you to be on the right med, but at the wrong dose, but sometimes it's better to take it slow, I've certainly found that with cit - once I could be sure that it was doing SOMETHING positive, and I wasn't suffering side effects anymore, I got over the fear an upped from 10mg to 20mg, and I must say that on the whole I'm a lot better.

Well, had my scans/ultrasounds today and there is a problem, but hopefully nothing major, just ovarian cysts which could be effecting my hormones, and possibly something to do with the weight loss. Have to have more scans in 6 weeks before any further decisions can be made. I feel quite vindicated to be honest, if I hadn't demanded the blood test that came back abnormal, I'd never have been referred, even though my doctor had no idea what the result of the blood test meant. But I'm glad there is something wrong, and I'm sure my doctor will be too. She's very supportive but I've had her baffled over the last few months. I should get the full results/findings when I see my doctor in a weeks time and the hospital have had time to send her their report.

Did I mention, my GP referred me to the shrinkologist a few weeks ago, only for her to get a letter back from the shrink basically saying "what do you want me to do about it?". Doctor was not at all happy and has made a complaint. It was seem I'm not crazy enough lol

Anyways, I've prattled on about myself again as I tend to do. Thinking of you all and hoping you're all feeling marvellous sooner rather than later xxx

Pipkin
21-07-12, 21:04
Evening all,

I thought that as we've got lots of lovely new posters on this thread, it might be useful if we shared a little bit about ourselves so we can all get to know each other (sorry if that sounds a bit cheesy but I mean well!).

I'm Pip (Philip to my non-friends), 41, live in Yorkshire and have suffered from GAD for 30 years (probably longer but I was 11 when I first remember an extreme anxiety attack). I've mostly been med free but had a really bad episode 10 years ago and then earlier this year. Was on ven the first time for 8 months(ish) and have now been back on it since January (75mg) and feeling great. I do also suffer from anxiety-related depression but that's completely gone at the moment.

Live with my partner (who's very supportive and I only freak him out occasionally) and my little doggie Freddie who's 4 months old, who I often refer to as he's a little star and has improved my anxiety no end, despite a serious wobble when I first got him, which lovely posters here helped me through.

That's me, what about you?

Pip xxx

lauz_lea
21-07-12, 21:54
What a nice idea Pip, I will try not to make mine the usual epic read that my posts often are ;)

I'm Laura, 33 from West Mids and have suffered with mentalness since I was 15yrs. I have never really been officially diagnosed, more of my GP's best guess, but I suffer with a combo of OCD (thoughts, not compulsive rituals), DP, DR, anx (with the odd PA) and depression. I previously always responded well to paroxetine and was on 10mg as a maintainance dose for about 7 years until my old GP decided I should come off it, and about a year later, all the usual demons returned but unfortunately, the paroxetine didn't help, so after trying mirtazepine which didn't help either, and then a short period of being med free I tried citalopram, and touch wood, 8 weeks later and things have really improved (to my astonishment).

I have an amazing, very supportive husband and a wonderful daughter, and without them the last few months wouldn't have been worth the battle. They keep me going and dish out just the right amount of tough love on an as required basis.

Tufty
21-07-12, 22:31
Good idea Pip.

I'm Sam (Samantha) 42 from Torquay. I've had spells of anxiety for as long as I can remember but never troubled me much until I had post natal depression after the birth of my daughter 15 years ago (1996). I was hospitalised twice then and was tried on different meds but got over it by getting pregnant! strange but true and was fine after my second child.

In 2003 anxiety and panic attacks returned, probably brought on by trying to be superwoman! Hospitalised for a month, tried Imipramine, Lofepramine, Venlafexine, Citalopram during 2003/2004 and improved on Prozac. Took Prozac erratically from 2004 until 2012 only about 60mg a week but felt fine. Nose dived in March this year, upped the Prozac to 20mg a day and have been struggling to find the right dose since.

I get anxiety related depression too but not severe or long lasting.

I'm married, two children - now 14 and 15 and have a 5 month old puppy called Pepper - i can totally relate to the wobble when you got Freddie Pip. I am going through a rough patch at the mo after stupidly increasing the Prozac again and appreciate all the support this site and the lovely people on it provide
Night night X Sam:hugs:

Pipkin
21-07-12, 23:21
Laura and Sam,

Great to hear your stories. It's really interesting that, although we have different circumstances, there are so many similarities in what we've experienced.

That's why I love this site so much as I never get the chance to discuss these sorts of things in the real world and the support is invaluable - I'm really don't think I'd be where I am today without it.

Laura - I know what you mean about the tough love. It sometimes takes my partner to tell me to get up and out of the house, not taking no for an answer. He's always right and keeps me doing things when all I want to do is go to bed and sleep, which has always been my refuge when I'm feeling at my worst. Fortunately now, I have a dog who depends on me so I have to do things for him. As much as I'll neglect myself, I'd never neglect him.

Sam - how did you find Pepper at first? It's quite a shock isn't it to have a puppy in the house? I guess you're more used to it than me having children who you'd have to have watched all the time when they were younger. I've found that I've become quite set in my ways as I've got older and Freddie turned my world upside down and sent my anxiety through the roof. I really thought that I'd made an awful mistake. After quite a bit of readjusting, things slotted into place and now I wouldn't be without him, just as Pink predicted I'd feel.

Take care and keep posting

Pip xxx

Tufty
22-07-12, 09:51
Morning all, another bad morning :doh: hey ho can only get better.

Our last dog died in April 2011 and I had been thinking about getting another dog for a long time but never found the right time. When I fell ill in March this year I thought when I'm better I'll get a dog, then friends and my GP said why wait - it will get you out and thinking about something else. So two weeks after becoming ill again I got Pepper, at times I've thought it was a big mistake - another responsibility, more work, I felt overwhelmed with looking after her but overall she has helped and like you Pip, I wouldn't be without her.

This morning I made myself get up at 7.30 and walked her for an hour, I don't feel worse for doing it and have achieved something already today, so that's all good. She's asleep on the bed now. With things being tough for me again just now I find her exhausting, at 5 months she's still pushing the boundaries - just like a child, she's barking more and her recall is worse than it was a month ago but luckily she's been easy to train and is very confident - hence her poor recall because she wants to say hello to EVERYBODY.

I've not got much planned for today, my daughter is travelling back from France so it'll be good to see her and hear all about her week. She'll be saddened to see me poorly again, I was OK when she left on Monday - how I can change in a few days.

Hope everyone has a relaxing, enjoyable Sunday

:hugs: to all
Sam

Pipkin
22-07-12, 10:20
Hi Sam,

Sorry you're not feeling great but, you're right, you have achieved something already as there's nothing worse than sitting in the house all day.

Your dog experience sounds exactly like mine. Freddie's a lovely dog but he really pushes it sometimes - he's been particularly naughty this morning and I've had to watch him and stop him chewing when all I want to do is relax. He's also a confident dog and wants to say hello to everyone - adults, children, dogs, horses, cows, you name it and he'll run up to them and then he's very difficult to recall. Each day brings some kind of event for me to deal with, either him running off, chewing something important or, like yesterday, eating something he shouldn't (sheep poo which he then vomited up an hour later all over my rug. I then had to give him an extra dose of worming tablets as who knows what was in it). Still, he's very happy and friendly and is great company.

I'm off to the beach with him shortly - I thought I'd make a picnic and I'll see if he fancies a swim which he's never done before. No doubt he'll go bananas but hopefully it will wear him out and I can have a bit of R&R this afternoon. Btw, if you haven't already discovered them, kongs are amazing at keeping dogs entertained for ages and it's the only way we can eat in peace without him trying to get at our food the whole time.

I hope you've got some nice weather in Torquay (I love Devon and have family down there so I'm a frequent visitor).

Take care and keep fighting the good fight!

Pip xx

Sober2000june
22-07-12, 10:31
Good morning my dear friends,

Hope we are all fighting the good fight:yesyes:.
Had a not bad day yest, took middle son fishing and caught a starfish(dont ask me how i managed!) any my boy put it in a wee rock pool waiting for the tide to come in and it did and off it went - not quite finding nemo, but good enough for a 7 yr old:).
Still the self analysis going on but eve was pretty good. Eledest was at sleep over bday party and wife was out with her friends. So just 7 yr n 1yr old to look after. was easy actually young un was asleep in car after i dropped wifey at friends. So son no 2 and i watched a bit of a team movie( love the -"they're flying a tank bit" cheesy but thats me). So off out to pick up eldest from sleepover- that'll kill abit more time durning day.

Goto go,

sorry about spelling and gram, just blasted this out before quick departure,

i'll check in on my fellow recovery passengers later.

Paul x

nicola1980
22-07-12, 10:40
Great idea Pip, Im Nicola aged 32, ive suffered anxiety and panic attacks since i was 18 which was triggered by my uncle being killed in a car crash :weep: ive been on and off citalopram since then, i live with my lovely husband and my 11yr old who i brought up single handedly until i met my husband 2 yrs ago, i crashed with anxiety and panic attacks again in aug last yr and unfortunatly cit didn't work for me again, so far ive tried dophiepin, mirtazepine and now on ven xx

Tufty
22-07-12, 10:56
Thanks Pip,
Pepper's not keen on the sea, I go in up to the top of my wellies and she sits and barks at me! Hope you have better luck with Freddie.

pinkdove
22-07-12, 12:39
hi guys im andrina, and im 58...oh you lot make me feel old lol.

this is my second bout of depression and anxiety, first was 30 years ago and i managed to beat it much quicker than this time round (maybe an age thing) i have been ill since july 2010, when i had a complete breakdown and had to give up my job dr's orders. i spent 3 months almost bedbound, trying various ad's finally settled on cit, which helped, but not as much as i wanted, changed to ven in feb, now on 150 mg and feeling much better

like pip i live in yorkshire, but i am scottish originally from edinburgh, i live with my rock of a husband who has been a great support to me, and i have a son, who i adore he is 34 and lives with his girlfriend.

what a good idea pip, we are all friends here, and really interesting to read the stories.

hope you are all doing ok this sunday morning xxxx

joy
22-07-12, 14:14
eHi I'm JOy aged 63 and live near Bournemouth Dorset, I also have a rock of a husband. I have a son and daughter both married. Daughter has two little boys Dexter aged 2 and Fergus aged 3 weeks. Also have a 3 legged terrier and a tortoishell cat.
Was on seroxat for anxiety until 5 years ago when foolishly decided to come off it and crashed and nothing has worked since. Reasonly I have found a lovely private shrink who thought had cracked it with valdoxan and olanzapine. I felt really good for about 3 weeks then developed swollen ankles so shrink took me off olanzapine now i feel dreadful again.

Very fed up

Joy

Pipkin
22-07-12, 14:27
Hi all,

It's great to hear your stories and it seems we've all got really supportive partners which makes a world of difference. I sometimes think how hard it must be for them to understand us when our illness seems so irrational, even to us. My sometimes strange behaviour must be baffling and, at times, quite upsetting but I guess that's just who we are. If anyone else is anything like me, I've been like this for so long I think it's just who I am. I smile to myself when people ask if I feel like I'm back to normal as this is normal for me and I can't remember it any other way - it's just different degrees of normal for me. Maybe I could describe it as 50 shades of grey but not in the book sense!

Anyway, I'm just back from the beach where Freddie and I had a paddle and a picnic. He spent an hour playing with a group of Labradors, absolutely loving it and now he's flaked out, and so will I be shortly.

Take care and I'll be back later to see how everyone's doing.

Pip xxx

pinkdove
22-07-12, 16:48
hiya pip, yor trip to the sea with freddie sounds brilliant!!! and what a glorious day for it, i cant believe i forgot to mension my wee rosie my yorkshire terrier, who i love to bits.....anyway most of you will know about her.

ive been out today and just back, will be sitting in the garden soon after making some tea.

oh amd i forgot to say my hubby is 55 so my toyboy......does that make me a cougar ? lol x

Pipkin
22-07-12, 17:59
Cougar! I love it!!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

xxx

LAURA48
22-07-12, 18:59
Hi

Just emailed psychiatrist's secretary as feel so low and tearful - tbh think I have been increased far too quickly I was doing ok on 75mg and then bang 150mg all gone to pot! Never have I felt so ill - constant headache with it too - fed up!

Laura x

ewood79
22-07-12, 19:02
Ah this is where all of you have been hiding hehe.....

Much love

nicola1980
22-07-12, 19:03
Laura i got headaches to start with too :mad: sending you a huge :bighug1: xx

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Ah this is where all of you have been hiding hehe.....

Much love
join us on here jarrod xx

LAURA48
22-07-12, 19:17
Laura i got headaches to start with too :mad: sending you a huge :bighug1: xx

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

join us on here jarrod xx

Thanks Nicola - like you just been going on too long!:bighug1: