PDA

View Full Version : from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Catya
09-08-12, 16:34
Thanks for the replies.
I went back onto citalopram and then tried Prozac this past two weeks. I do realise its silly swapping about like this. Not really sure what to do for the best.

LAURA48
09-08-12, 16:44
Hi

Well this morning looked quite promising but this afternoon am in the same club as Paul - low, foggy and headache! Took my parents out to a shopping outlet but still in my bubble that I want to pop!

Catya - I started 225mg of Venlafaxine last night - have Pure Ocd/depression and my psychiatrist said officially Ven is not licensed for OCD - however, when SSRIs have not worked - Ven is an excellent antidepressant and excellent for anxiety and works of more receptors and works like Anafranil an old a/d. He said an add on may be needed but for OCD 225mg is the dose. As regards sleep - I have been sleeping ok and take them around 6.00pm - have always taken meds early evening. Sweats - I am 48 - and it has been hot but no different than normal. Weight gain - not on this one - Mirtazipine is the worst - was on Prozac for 15 years and was ok. Thought you was on Ven Catya? I am a member of OCD-UK and quite a few members are on Ven 225mg - although don't go on there much - pay £2 a month for a magazine but interesting forum (prefer this site).

Joy you little minx! but when you are desperate I can understand you doing it!

Speak later

Laura x

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Catya I was on Prozac 20mg for 15 years and it worked great - but didn't notice any effect until the 12 week mark. Personally would stay on that.

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Found Citalopram crap for OCD

nicola1980
09-08-12, 16:56
Kate have you asked your gp to refer you to a physchatrist? That would be your best bet as the know their meds better than gps x x

pinkdove
09-08-12, 17:19
hi guys kate welcome back hun, well i take 150mg of effexor caps daily, and i have terrible sweats, my appetite is the same, i sleep well, take mine in the morning around 9am, oh and i have constipation, get round that with loads of fresh fruit and fibre, cant do anything about the sweating, seems to come on after i shower in the morning, but you know kate you need to stick to one ad and give it time to work, hard i know, but i was on effexor for 3 months before i got the full benefits.

laura, i know the bubble feeling weel, but well dne for going out and getting through it, and good luck with the increase x

joy, just keep an eye on your ankles, and hopefully dr g will sort something out for you xx

nicola, cancelling your appt. well done, you are taking an interest in things and looking forward now,which is great, hope you enjoyed meeting your friend xx

paul, how are you today ?

tracey, and everyone else hope yu are having a good day xx

pip, you are getting great weather, so pleased for you, hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday xx

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

oh i pm'd mr w last night, but have not heard back, anyone heard from him, or know how he is ?

Pipkin
09-08-12, 19:55
Well hello. I'm creeping back into this post having temporarily banned myself. Oh laura we sound so similar re OCD and O. I have been swapping about now with meds to find the 'perfect' one and I feel totally crap!

Now I need to ask some questions if I may?

1) is venlafaxine good for OCD?
2) for those of you on 150+ do you have problems sleeping?
3) do you sweat excessively on those doses? ( I get menopausal hot flushes)
4) has it made you fatter or increased your appetite so you lose control?
And the last one which is a bit personal.......
5) has it caused constipation, problems with ibs? If so how have you coped..?

Feel really bad at the mo and just taking anything.... Which is not a good idea. Thought Prozac would have kept my OCD away but, no, it's come back with a vengeance!

Thanks to you all xxxx

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Lol.... Answers on a postcard please to.....

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

It sounds like a questionnaire doesn't it. Sorry. X

Hi everyone and welcome back Kate,

Good day again. Nice weather and took Freddie on a rowing boat on a river. He loved it!

Kate - to answer your qu's:
1) Can't answer as I don't have OCD
2) N/A for me - I'm on 75mg
3) Not for me
4) My appetite's increased and I've put on a bit of weight but I needed to. The appetite increase is due to the reduced anxiety for me as appetite is always the first to go when I'm anxious
5) Not at all but then I have a high fibre diet. I think this SE is dose dependent and affects people taking 150mg+.

My GP said to take ven pm if it made me drowsy. If you're currently taking it am and want to swap, take it 2-3 hours later each day until you get to the evening. It should take 4 days or so.

Off to the pub for a meal now. Take care.

Pip x

Sober2000june
09-08-12, 23:21
Eve folks,

225 update: day not so clever picked up after dinner.

Sitting watching a movie with my 3 lovely boys so day wasn't a total write off:smile:

tomorrows another day and im not dreading it so here goes.

gnite folks :hugs:

Catya
10-08-12, 09:28
Thanks for the replies people. :)
I shall stick the Prozac a bit longer I think. As ever, my problem is getting to sleep, but I have got amitriptyline too, although I didn't want to get stuck on two meds... xxx

joy
10-08-12, 12:03
Hello
Back from Dr g, wasnt cross about restarting olanzapine and to watch the ankles.Was surprised I wasnt too freaky about the heart thingy. Said he organized a tennis game with a friend of his who is a cardiologist so he could ask about my diagnosis!!!!! The cardiologist was puzzled himself by the wording of the report but said unless I'm having chest pains etc there is probably nothing to worry about.

Lets just hope the ankles behave them selves.

Hope everyone is ok

Love Joy

nicola1980
10-08-12, 14:31
Hi guys, well another goodish day for me apart from yucky period pains :mad:, just had a chilling day today, think ive overdone it the past week with feeling alot better going here there and everywhere but when you feel good you want to be out doing stuff don't you? so im now sat here bored lol, Hows everyone else feeling? glad you got on ok with Dr G joy he sounds lovely a really caring physchatrist :D xx

LAURA48
10-08-12, 15:08
Hi -

Didn't sleep to well as felt quite high! lol! knew there would be a crash coming! and felt ok this am but like lunchtime - the blues came along with a bad headache - took another lorazepam and a painkiller and took pup to vets for a check up of her wound - the bloody loudest dog in there - barking at all the dogs that she didn't like! but feel ok now but very tired might have a nap.

Joy - he does sound nice - glad you are back on them - I am going to ask for some when I see mine - as he did say it would cut down on lorazepam use.

Nicola - hope your tummy is better - I suffer bad with period pains - horrible.

and hope Pink, Pip, Paul and Kate are all ok.

Speak later

Laura x

Pipkin
11-08-12, 00:36
Hi all,

Just a quickie as I've just got in and am off to bed shortly. Beautiful weather down here today and we've been out and about.

We're heading home tomorrow so I'll have a good read though the posts and reply properly.

Take care all

Pip xxx

nicola1980
11-08-12, 09:06
Morning everyone :D well im feeling quite bright and perky this morning :D hows everyone else doing? sounds like your having a good holiday Pip! Pinkdove where are you? hope your feeling better :hugs: Laura hope your getting on ok with the increase :hugs: Joy and Paul hope your ok :hugs: and :hugs: to everyone else xx

LAURA48
11-08-12, 09:30
Morning
It's very quiet on here? Feeling very tired since the increase - no anxiety which is what I was dreading tbh. Just doing some housework this morning - not a lot - see how the day goes.

Glad you are feeling perky Nicola - hope everyone else is ok.

Love Laura x

pinkdove
11-08-12, 11:52
morning guys, im still here and feeling much better, but to be honest im findng the sweats really hard to cope with, maybe the hot weather is making it worse. going to see my brother and his family later, so looking forward to that. bricking it about monday morning.....dentist :scared15: trying not to think about it to much.

nicola yousonf fantastic, getting on with your life, and doing things youve never done is ages :yesyes: so pleased for you xx

laura, early days on the increase, but you seem to be coping with it , hopefull it will have settled before you see your pysc, have a good day xx

paul are you ok ?

pip hope you have a safe journey home, look forward to hearing from you later, sounds like its been a good holiday xx

hows everyone else doing i know weekends can be hard, hope you are all ok xx :hugs: to you all

joy
11-08-12, 19:16
Hello
Only got one things to say

BLOODY ANKLES!!!!!!

Joy

nicola1980
11-08-12, 19:59
Lol Joy you can always make me laugh!! your bloody ankles are a pain in the butt :mad: xx

Pipkin
11-08-12, 23:59
Hi all,

Home safely. I'll check in properly tomorrow when I'm less knackered and have caught up on my sleep.

Hope you're all ok.

Pip xxx

LAURA48
12-08-12, 13:13
Afternoon

Well again very quiet? all getting better - hope so.

Must say I feel better, so far, anyway on the 225mg increase it may be shortlived and may have a drop but cannot complain so far - mood has been better the last couple of days but it is early days. Still taking 2 lorazepam but would like to drop in time and will mention Olanzapine (small dose) and psychiatrist wanted to do this so I can drop down to a half or one a day.

Just thought I would drop in as waiting for dinner - not doing much this pm - just resting - do alot of that these days!

Hope Joy your ankles are ok and that Nicola, Pink, Pip and Paul are doing well.

Take care

Laura x

Sober2000june
12-08-12, 16:53
Aft all,

Day 17 on 225 but only 6 on efexor. I think the efexor maybe slightly more potent as I am getting more nausea again. I wonder if the release mechanism of the caps as oppose to the Venlalic tabs allows for more of the active ingredient into you system. i.e. the caps contain multiple spheriods as opposed to the tabs having one laser drilled hole. My theory being; the bigger tabs containing all eggs in one basket, but if you have a faster metabolism like me you can get rid of em’ quicker (you don’t need a description) thus less time for the venla to be absorbed. Of course this is my hypothesis and clearly be b0llocks.

Keep posting folks(its like the Marie Celeste her at mo’),

I know it takes effort (well for me anyway), but is feels better once its out:yesyes:.

Peace and serenity,

Paul:hugs:

joy
12-08-12, 17:21
Hello everyone

I emailed ww today and got a reply saying hes only just got the internet connection but will be on here again soon. Couldnt find the forum where we all were so I've told him where to find us!!!!

Love Joy

nicola1980
12-08-12, 17:43
Hi everyone :D well another good day for me im now 4 weeks into 150mg! did some housework this morning then went shopping for some new curtains which i don't like now ive put them up :doh: then did a food shop and then went to mums for dinner, having my hair done tomo morning me roots are awful :blush: then jacks got a friend round so will prob take them out somewhere if the weather stays nice if not it'll be the x box for them!!! hope everyones ok :grouphug: xx

Pipkin
12-08-12, 18:24
Hi everyone,

Well, I'm settled back in at home and the weather's been lovely today so we went for a walk and then had a pub lunch. I'm making a bit of a habit eating in pubs but it's a change from cooking.

I've had a great holiday and it's been relaxing and strenuous at the same time. What's frustrating though is that I always get anxiety symptoms when I stay away from home and this time was no exception. I've had terrible stomach cramps for the last few days, the same as I had at the beginning of the year. I've decided to ignore it though and carry on as normal as the worst thing for me to do is to give in and sleep all day, even though I feel really tired. It's strange because I don't feel anxious, it's just the physical symptoms. I've got another week off work so I'm hoping I'll be feeling back to normal shortly. Today's been a bit better.

Anyway, enough about me. It seems very quiet on here at the moment and I hope it's because people are feeling a bit better. It definitely seems that a lot of you are settling on the right dose and are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know what hard work it is getting there and then it's not easy staying there either as Pink and I are still finding.

I am going to allow myself a short nap because I want to watch the Olympic closing ceremony tonight without falling asleep during it and, at the minute, I'm exhausted.

Take care

Pip xxx

LAURA48
12-08-12, 18:33
Hi

Pleased Nicola you are feeling loads better that is great. Had a mixed day tbh - woke up ok-ish - mood ok - anxiety not bad but finding towards the afternoon I take a dip? low mood/anxiety - then early evening pick up a bit! put it down to the increase as only started 225mg on Wed evening.

These peaks and troughs are exhausting. Does anyone know if Effexor does a 225mg extended release capsule? I didn't think they did - as on Viepax 75mg and 150mg did not know if the Branded would be cheaper? as Viexpax don't.

Thanks Laura x

pinkdove
12-08-12, 18:43
hi guys, a busy weekend for me, had my niece staing over last night she's 14, so she was pleased we had wifi, still it was lovely having her, she's a right wee chatterbox, so that was a nice distraction, and have been out to dinner today, but brickin it literally about tomorrow morning 9.10 am so not long to think about it......the dentist my worse nightmare, but i have to face my demons, and hubby is coming to hold my hand :blush:

nicola, cant believe your posts, so so happy for you, we have been at this a long time hun, and it makes me feel so happy to read you are getting better, well done this time for sticking out the dose xxx

laura, you are doing well on the increase too, im sure this med will get you there, hows the pup now ? one day at a time xx

paul, wow you are doing great, cant comment on the difference, but it was effexor caps that really got me better, although it might have happened just as well on the tabs, but for the heartburn i suffered, again i know nothing about the release mechanism of these meds, but pip might be able to help you, i know you are still struggling a bit, but you are brave to be working, and have come of the diazapam, things will even out for you soon, i'm sure xx

joy those bloody ankles, get them up, watch the closing ceremony, and hopefully they will go down, although mr gorgeous will sort something out for you. take care, and glad mr w has been in touch xx

pip, you are still in holiday mode, so right to have a pub lunch, and another week off will give you time to settle own again, you have been so lucky with your weather, and im going to watch the closing ceremony too.....looking forward to it, i'm like you tho' not keen on being out of my comfort zone, away from home etc, and that will be causing your stomach cramps, we are both so much better, but still a wee bit work to do, but hey, we're learning how to cope, and thats the main thing,when i read your posts it gives me hope and the strength to cope with anything that comes, as i know you do it, and give so much support....thanks for that pip, have a great evening, and nice to have you back xx

hope everyone else is ok xxx

nicola1980
12-08-12, 18:51
Hi

Pleased Nicola you are feeling loads better that is great. Had a mixed day tbh - woke up ok-ish - mood ok - anxiety not bad but finding towards the afternoon I take a dip? low mood/anxiety - then early evening pick up a bit! put it down to the increase as only started 225mg on Wed evening.

These peaks and troughs are exhausting. Does anyone know if Effexor does a 225mg extended release capsule? I didn't think they did - as on Viepax 75mg and 150mg did not know if the Branded would be cheaper? as Viexpax don't.

Thanks Laura x
Hi Laura i don't think effexor do a 225mg but venalic tabs do xx

Pipkin
12-08-12, 18:52
Pink - thanks for the support and kind words as always - you know how to nudge me in the right direction. You were so right about getting a dog. The first couple of weeks were awful but now, it's just the best thing. I honestly think it's the best decision I've ever made.

I forgot you had D Day tomorrow. I know just how you feel but at least it will be over by this time tomorrow and you should treat yourself to a nice meal and a couple of glasses of wine. You'll find the waiting the worst bit and, once you're in the chair, the time will fly. You're definitely doing the right thing and I know you can do it! I'll be thinking of you and sending you vibes of encouragement.

Pip :hugs:

pinkdove
12-08-12, 20:58
aw thanks so much pip :hugs:

Pipkin
13-08-12, 09:57
Hi Pink,

How did you get on at the dreaded dentist? I've been sending you positive vibes this morning.

nicola1980
13-08-12, 10:54
Hi everyone, hope you got on ok at the dentist Pink :hugs: felt a bit wobbly this morning when i got up but trying to brush it under the carpet, had an early hair appointment so thats prob why and jacks got a friend round which is quite a big thing for me considering a few weeks ago i wouldve completely freaked at the thought of it!! hows everyone else feeling today? xx

pinkdove
13-08-12, 11:18
morning guys well i done it :D only x rays and a check up today, but a really nice guy, need some work done, and will be back next thursday at am for the first extraction, thats whats been giving me the pain. took 4mg of diazapam, and coped, thought about you pip in the chair, and got those positive vibes........what a woose, but i am so proud of facing my worst demon, and will go back and get all the treatment done.

thanks for all your support as ever xx

nicola i feel like that with a hair appt too, but you are doing great. really sounding positive, so pleased for you.

will check in later.....oh and heard from mr w, back on the internet, been a busy guy, have asked him to check in with us all, and hopefully he will

hope everyone else is ok

Pipkin
13-08-12, 11:21
Hi Nicola,

I'm very much like you. A bit wobbly for the past few days but completely ignoring it and am feeling better today. I'm determined not to dwell on feeling a bit crap and I won't let it keep me in the house like it can do sometimes.

Onwards and upwards - the dog wants a walk so there's my motivation.

Pip xxx

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Pink - well done!!!!! At least it's getting sorted now. I've had a couple of wisdom teeth out and it was fine. It's very quick and painless. It definitely can't be worse than the toothache you've been having.

What a star! Very proud of you! :yahoo:

Pip xxx

nicola1980
13-08-12, 15:33
Brilliant Pink well done :yesyes: ive cancelled my dentist appointment twice now as just can't face going :blush: well had a busy day, took the kids to mcdonalds and then to a forest so they could have a run about, ended up having my 5 yr old niece aswel so had 3 kids in all and managed fine.......mind you its what im trained for so i should lol!! ive dropped my niece off at home and the 2 boys are now upstairs on the x box so im putting my feet up for half an hour!! xx

Sober2000june
13-08-12, 16:30
Well done Pink with your visit to the dentist. I should really go as i lost a bit of filling last Oct. It's not down to anxiety more apathy. anyway well done. Almost home time and not too bad apart from headaches and cant be bothered feeling with my work and lack of concentration, but its better than tornado head.

speak later folks,

take care my good friends:hugs:

Catya
13-08-12, 16:44
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: :grouphug::grouphug:

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Oh? Well that's a big grop hug... Lol xx

TJSMITH
13-08-12, 17:54
Hi all
Well crap day for me again, i am so scared this is my life now as been 7 months!!
Had a good week last week and now the fear is back its so cruel when you think you are getting there.
Wondering if i should try the dazapam again but bigger dose as didnt help last time, Does it rest your mind??
Joy so sorry to red your ankled swollen again, how are they today??
Nicola still going well, great to hear.
Pink well done im having a root canal done next monday and bloody hate dentist at best of times.

Im 8 weeks on Sert now and 3 of those at 100mg is it still early days?? got letter from gp telling me to contct them about a letter from mental health i bet they tell me im not severe enough hmmm wish they could live with it for a while.

Love to all Tracy

LAURA48
13-08-12, 18:29
Hi

Mixed day - the morning looked fairly promising but taking big mood dips early afternoon -I am just hoping the ven is sorting itself out but just really fed up with not even a week unti the increase. I try to do something positive each day - just a waiting game I guess.

Sorry Tracey you are still having problems the NHS Mental Health in Cambs is terrible and that is why many on here pay private including me! Just a lottery. but hope you feel soon better and well done Pink for going to the dentist.

Hope Nicola, Paul, Pip and Joy are all ok

Take care Laura xx

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

Had a nap this afternoon - it was lovely - pup sitting now until 9pm - hubby at work

nicola1980
13-08-12, 19:00
Tracy sending you a :bighug1: it will just be a blip chick your doing really well but like me you panic when your having a bad day thinking your going back but your not its just simply a bad day, unfortunatly this damn anxiety has zapped us of our confidence so we just assume we're going back but in time this will pass and we will beable to just shrug off a bad day like 'normal' people do :hugs: i swear by diazepam and it really does help when your having a down anxious day and does calm your thoughts down, when i was really bad i used to take 5mg but now i find 2mg does the trick, keep going hun your doing brilliant and have come so far :hugs:
Laura sending you a :bighug1: too, keep going hun your doing soo well and your so brave, im sure you'll see the benefits soon of the ven cause ive noticed your posts and fb messages are alot more positive the past few days and thats a good thing :yesyes:
Joy where are you today??? i hope you've got them ankles up and rested :hugs: xx

TJSMITH
13-08-12, 19:05
Thanks Nicola as you know im petrified this is my life now :mad:.

The diazapam didnt do anything for me before but going to give another go as nothing to lose. I think im scared as after 8 weeks thought should be a bit smoother.

Thanks for the hug though lol, nearly bed time sigh.

Joy where are you???

nicola1980
13-08-12, 19:18
Im with you hun with being petrified this is my life now :ohmy: but i promise you its not, 8 weeks is still a short time, alot of these ADs take a good 12 weeks to kick in and remember the good days you've had xx

TJSMITH
13-08-12, 19:52
Thanks hun, just took 5mg diazapam really hoping it works as i only ever tried it when i had physical symptoms.

praying a blip

LAURA48
13-08-12, 20:08
Thanks Nicola for your positive posts - keep me going. I have just noticed you started Ven in early March - wow! 5 months! and you kept going - now that is inspiration. I have learned so much from you - not an overnight cure is it?

Determined to get through this.

Laura xxx

joy
13-08-12, 20:16
hello everyone sorry you've been worried about me.I;m sort of ok. Was wobbley this morning but they rang me from the charity shop to say they had no staff so would I go in, so I did for a few hours. Was ok in there but standing behind a counter all that time defo made my ankles ache,dunno whether to reduce olanzapine but I feel much better on the dose I'm on

All this talk of dentists keeps reminding me I'm at the hospital on THurs having a broken tooth removed AArGGGH I'm a tad scared

Tracy
Sorry you are having a bad day. Dont anticipate what the mental health letter says. Nicola has very good NHS treatment whereas Laura and I have been forced to go privately. Of course I never would have met Dr G if I hadnt. He keeps feeling my ankles.....keep thinking my lucks changed!!!!

Well done Pink on the dentist you were very brave

Laura the ups and downs are crap

Hope you are ok Pip and sober

Love from Joy with tingling ankles

nicola1980
13-08-12, 20:22
Joy lol!! Yep laura a long time but i could never get up to the 150mg mark before x x

william wallace
13-08-12, 20:32
Hiya Folks, is it ok if I join this happy band of brothers and sisters?
Had my shrinkologist appointment this morning and she doesn't feel the need to see me until about December or January. Said if I need to I can give her a call.
I'm still taking 150mg Sert, feeling ok for the most part and most importantly, keeping busy.
Meet you all here in the morning for fags and cuppy's:D

TJSMITH
13-08-12, 20:46
Lovely to see your name on here again Mr Wallace

you all sorted now then???

Im week 8 of sert now, 3 of them at 100 i thought i turned aq corner only to crash last 2 days so now scared again.

Anyway good to hear you still ok:)

Pipkin
13-08-12, 21:44
Hi everyone,

Feeling pretty much back to normal today, well as normal as it gets for me.

Laura - it really does take a while to settle on ven but 5 months is a long time. Nicola, you are a trooper to stick it out for so long. It took me about 3 months or so but I think I had a relatively easy ride compared to others.

WW - welcome to our little thread. Good to see you - it's been a while.

Joy - I'm good thanks and sober as always. I'm afraid I'm a bit boring these days and my pub lunches are soft drinks only. I really used to enjoy a drink but it just knocks me out these days so it's just a couple of glasses of wine at the weekend. I hope your pesky ankles are behaving themselves. Are you starting to feel better again?

Paul - do you think you've turned a corner? You're definitely sounding more positive.

Ben, Maria and Kerrie - how are you all? It's a while since you were here.

Pip xx

joy
14-08-12, 08:32
Welcome back WW nice to "see you"

Tracy hope the diaz worked and you felt calmer with it.

Fel a bit wobbley again this morning but hope it goes off. Ankles arent swollen just more like a tingly ache,

How are you this morning Nicola as you were feeling a little poorly yesterday.

And How are you Laura, pip and Paul

Love Joy

LAURA48
14-08-12, 09:06
Morning everyone

Well not too good a day yesterday especially as the day wore on - feeling very negative. See how today goes suppose early days still only one week on increase cannot expect miracles!

Lovely to have you back Mr W we have all missed you - whole family back together again - lol!

Tracey just a minor set back - real rollercoaster isn't it?

Joy glad you ok-ish - hope those ankles behave themselves

Nicola, Pip, Pink and Paul - hope you are ok.

Speak later

Laura x

Sober2000june
14-08-12, 10:08
Morning folks,

Pip, if I’d have answered you last night it would’ve been yes, but this morning not so sure. I’m ok when I get up, but on the train in it was a toil, cognition was absolute treacle again. Then walking into office I can feel the old agitation and character assassination of everyone I pass on way in again – got to remember what we say in the fellowship “live, and let live”.

Joy, good to hear your ankles are behaving slightly better.

Thanks Laura for your acknowledgement of what I have achieved, unfortunately I rarely acknowledge it myself; so I’ll take inventory now:
· 12yrs 2months sober
· 9 weeks off the Valium
· 4 ½ months on Venla(last 19 days on 225 and most recent 8 being efexor caps). I seem to be a lot less wheezy whilst lying in bed on efexor so must be allergic to Venlalic

Nicola, I am not far behind you with start date of Venla – 30/3/12. It’s good to see you making a level of progress.

Tracy, I can identify with the feeling “is this my life now?” only mine also finishes with the statement “if so, then you can shove it up your @rse Mr B. Dog!!”

You'll be starting to move fwd again now that the dental issue is being resolved x

Maria, if you’re still watching the posts please chime in, even if it is only one word (I can think of plenty when I feel like this, but they’re a bit rude). x

Mr. Wallace, it’s good to finally meet the one they speak of with such affection and a fellow scot

Well, I suppose I better do some work, even tho I cannot be bothered working on the project I am on as it is complete Groundhog Day – poor me:blush:.

have a good un' peeps,

nicola1980
14-08-12, 10:30
Paul how long was you on diazepam for and what dose? Im still using diaz under shrinks orders but petrified of addiction x x

Sober2000june
14-08-12, 11:45
Nicola, I was on it for 9 months with a fluctuating dose (probably averaged about 5mg per day but as high as 26mg per day when I started ven).
I personally prefer being off it especially being an alchy. At no point did I ever want to get as the Floyd say “comfortably numb” as my addictive setup would have desired this. So I resisted the diazepam all along even tho my own GP encouraged it. However I was getting mixed messages from different docs including my 2 sacked shrinks. I personally know it’s not for me, but at times probably saved my life.

pinkdove
14-08-12, 12:18
hi guys, a better morning for me with noe dental appointment to freak me out,only one problem with this effexor sweating, really pissed off with it, although it is very hot, and that wont help,

laura it took a good 3 months for me to feel real benefits from the meds started in feb and by may started to feel much better, its a long haul with loads of up's and down's but you are getting there hun, go back and read some of your older posts, its graduall, and sometimes its other people who notice before us, hope you have a better day today xx

nicola, you go girl, cant believe the difference in you, do you think you' settle on 150mg, im thinking i might, seems to be the dose that suits me, have a great day xx

joy glad the ankles are a bit better today, when you see dr g he will sort you out, hope you have a good day today xx

tracey, how are you ? did you go to the olympics? hope you have a good day too,

paul without diazapm i would never have gor through the dentist door, took 4mg, and it helped, i dont use it much at all now, but like you it has saved my life at times. reading through your last post you have come a long way, this is not as good as it gets, your increase will start kicking in soon, and you will get more from that. take care xx

pip, so pleased you are feeling a bit better today, i know what youmean about having a good day, well good for us anyway, but you know how well you done to go your holiday, and cope, being away from home, and chnge always throws my anxiety sky high, no need to send vibes till next thursday at 9am when the dreaded extraction is being done :scared15: i did cope much better than i ever have , so something is working for me. hope you enjoy the rest of your week off, chill out, and have fun with freddie xx

mr w so nice to have you here, we have all missed you, the new house sounds lovely, be carefull with all this work, remember to take some me time, and relax with a jd, have a great day xx

slowfish maria, kate ben and everyone else if your reading, let us know how you al are xx:hugs: to you all xxxx

Catya
14-08-12, 12:37
Hmmmmmmmm. Just moping about here I'm afraid. Every time I read about your sweats Pinkdove it puts me off restarting venlafaxine. Lol.
On Prozac the hot flushes do seem less severe although, as you said, it's very humid today, which doesn't help. Prozac is making me more anxious again but I was hoping it would give me the kick up the backside that I need ..... It hasn't.....
I guess I expect too much from meds : ( time for an overhaul I think my girl!!!! xx

Pipkin
14-08-12, 13:08
Hello everyone,

I've just come back from a little shopping trip to town and the heat is unbearable. No wonder you're suffering with the sweats Pink, it's so humid. Poor Freddie almost refused to come for a walk this morning - he just kept lying down and panting. Now he's drunk so much water he's blown up like a balloon!

I'm going to have a chilled day in the garden doing very little. I feel much more relaxed now that I've settled back in at home. It's strange how being away sets off my physical symptoms. Although I'd had severe anxiety attacks years before, I realised the other day that the physical symptoms started on a school trip when I was 17 or so when my GP thought I had appendicitis. I've been pretty much the same every time I've been away ever since. It's definitely something to do with change and control. If I go back to the same place for a second time, I'm always fine. What a nightmare this is sometimes.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Time for a spot of lunch and to put some sun cream on. I have a morbid fear of sunburn and getting wrinkles - just vanity I think.

Take care

Pip xxx

TJSMITH
14-08-12, 16:22
Hi all
Well another major panic this morning feel like going backwards. Letter about referral I'm not bad enough apparently they suggest another med change. Advise please only been on this 8 weeks and three at increase seems early to me. At end of my tether. Anyone heard of clamazapan ? Apparently better than diazepam. I really thought I was getting somewhere.
Hope everyone else ok xxx

joy
14-08-12, 20:16
Tracy that letter was rubbish. Couldnt your GP complain or at least refer you for councilling. if you could afford it you could see a private shrink like Laura and I have. You just google shrinks in your area and ring for charges and availability,
Think you mean clozapam its stronger than diaz and dont think many gps would prescribe it but might prescribe lorzapam equally stronger than diaz. Didnt the 5mg diaz help yesterday?

Sorry you've had a crap day, i've had a few wobbley moments myself today

Take care

Love Joy

Sober2000june
14-08-12, 20:33
Ah!!! nightime and head is slowing down:D

william wallace
14-08-12, 20:38
Hi folks, busy day today laying slabs, cutting the grass, spreading lawn feed etc etc etc. Had a look in at 7am but you were all still in your beds I think.
To anyone who's still feeling shite here's a Scottish:hugs:

nicola1980
14-08-12, 21:13
Well crap day for me too so im off to bed! Night x x

Sober2000june
14-08-12, 21:53
gnite' Nicola

joy
15-08-12, 08:52
Anyone noticed that "our" pipkin has become a moderator.

Dont forget to bow next time he posts!!!!!!

Love Joy

Pipkin
15-08-12, 09:32
Morning everyone,

As Joy says, I have joined the admin team to help out Nic and the gang and, as this site's helped me so much, I really want to be able to give back as much as I can. No bowing necessary though, just cream cakes and champagne on special occasions! :winks:

Of course I'll still be here and joining in on this thread as always. I wouldn't stop for the world as I'd miss all my friends too much.

Well I'm up and about and building myself up to taking Freddie for his morning walk. It's still warm here but we have a bit of a breeze today so hopefully it will feel a bit cooler than yesterday. I hope everyone's feeling a bit better today - I actually don't think this heat and humidity helps at all but I won't complain or we'll end up with frost and snow tomorrow!

Take care

Pip x

LAURA48
15-08-12, 09:50
Well done Pip - you have always helped me with your knowledge about Venlafaxine a welcome addition to the team I should say!

Laura

joy
15-08-12, 10:18
ts pouring with rain here so husband donned his wet weather gear and walked Merlin, even with 3 legs he needs his walk. I've done the ironing and trying not to think about the dental apt at hospital tomorrow

Love Joy

nicola1980
15-08-12, 10:20
Well done Pip :D hows everyone feeling today? X x

Sober2000june
15-08-12, 14:13
Morning all,

Its sunny in Glasgow and one is a we bit more focused today:).

How, are you Laura my fellow max dose warrior?

Pip, well done on your new vocation. As they say in the fellowship - "you've got to give it away to keep it!" Good for you for nurturing gratitude.

hows everyone else this morning?

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

here comes the tiredness, headaches and dip:mad:. This too shall pass

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

just back from spin class. bit better. on reflection i am much better than i was when i first came back to work at start of year

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

that was when i was withdrawing from sertraline and embarking on mirtazapine - boy has my brain had its work cut out for it this last year:wacko:

joy
15-08-12, 14:33
as youknow Gp said something was dodgy on my chest xray to do with my heart. Just got my apt thro and its not til Oct 8th. Now part of me thinks it cant be anything serious if I have to wait that long but on the other hand its not good for the nerves having to wait that long. Enough to give you anxiety if I didnt have it already!!!!

Comments on a post card please

Love Joy

nicola1980
15-08-12, 14:38
Bloody hell joy thats a long time to wait, could you ring them and see if they have anything sooner? explain how worried you are and how your doctor couldn't explain to you or understand herself what was wrong xx

joy
15-08-12, 14:44
Just rang the gps receptionist and she said she would have a word with gp to see if I should be seen earlier but said once the apt has been made the consultants look at the referrals and if it was urgent they would act accordingly. The apts are made by an admin dept, the gp just put a routine apt on the form.

How are you today Nicola with your ear/tooth?

Love Joy

nicola1980
15-08-12, 14:52
well hopefully that means its nothing serious but still won't stop you worrying and its a long time to wait especially when you suffer anxiety at the best of times! Im not too bad still don't feel great, think got a virus or something as feel genuinely ill and not just anxiety ill if you understand lol altho its not doing much for my anxiety!! xx

TJSMITH
15-08-12, 16:11
Hi all
Thankfully feel a bit better today, had my sister yesterday who also suffers mental health problems but as she only 20 she gets help.

Joy yes sorry my spelling not good apparently stronger than diazepam, I have been given some and the way I feel sometimes I think I have nothing to lose as diazepam doesn't touch me at all. At docs mon at the very least I will insist he gives me something to relax my mind.
Joy as for hospital appointment give department a call they may well bring forward as j got my ent one changed to earlier with no problem.

Nic hope you feel better soon and sure it's a normal illness making things worse.

How's everyone else ?

Will check in properly later. X

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Ps wasn't gp that gave me it

LAURA48
15-08-12, 17:32
Morning all,

Its sunny in Glasgow and one is a we bit more focused today:).

How, are you Laura my fellow max dose warrior?

Pip, well done on your new vocation. As they say in the fellowship - "you've got to give it away to keep it!" Good for you for nurturing gratitude.

hows everyone else this morning?

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

here comes the tiredness, headaches and dip:mad:. This too shall pass

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

just back from spin class. bit better. on reflection i am much better than i was when i first came back to work at start of year

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

that was when i was withdrawing from sertraline and embarking on mirtazapine - boy has my brain had its work cut out for it this last year:wacko:

Hi

Well fellow max dose warrior! I don't mind that Paul! tbh - quote - tiredness, headaches and the dip sums me up! at the moment - cannot decipher between feeling much more depressed or a terrible headache at the moment whatever it has me in tears - all I can say is Ven must be doing something to my brain - week now on the 225mg - and it has been a real struggle.

I did manage to pop out with my mum - but this cloud is with me - managed to buy some sandals and have a coffee but had a nap when I came home. Paul I think you are doing really well with going to work, etc, well done you.

Joy - hope you are ok - take the Olanzapine every other day - see how you go and good luck tomorrow.

Tracey - I am not surprised re the letter - Mental Health is terrible here in Cambs - appalling. I am told that unless you have a "plan" you would not be involved with the crisis team or been seen by a psychiatrist it is just so unfair - I have spent £1,200 so far - my prescription costs are verging on the ridiculous - sorting a prepaid one out! but it is not on!

Pink - hope you are feeling better too and Nicola sorry to hear you are having a blip - should pass shortly.

Well done Pip!

Luv Laura x

pinkdove
15-08-12, 18:51
hi folks, well another quite good day for me today, although toothache still coming and going, but will be resolved next week, but generally feeling much better than last week.

pip, well done you !!!! an administrator, dont you forget your friends on here, we need you, but i can understand why you are doing it, you give such good advice, and as you say its nice to give something back, hope you are well xx

nicola sorry you are feeling ill, i was like that last week, and you just think, one thing gets better, and another starts, but you will get there, hope you feel better son xx

laura, still early days for you, but you are getting out and about, so thats great, and no shame in having a rest or a nap, just our bodies way of recovering, and you are still in recovery. take care.

joy, tracey, paul mr w. and everyone else hope you are all ok xx

william wallace
15-08-12, 20:12
Hi folks, first time on the net today. It's strange how you get out of the habit when you're internet's down for a few weeks.
Anyway, hope you're all good, and if not here's a pic of Joy's wee grandson Fergus at 6 weeks to cheer you uphttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pxIsTH8dWqo/UCvzWSyXH_I/AAAAAAAABkY/TubIyVbllUA/s320/IMG_5531.JPG.

Pipkin
15-08-12, 23:04
What a gorgeous baby! Super cute :yesyes:

WW - I know what you mean about the Internet connection. I was on hols last week and had to manage with a very slow mobile connection and this week, my ISP's up and down like a yoyo. They're having major problems with their ADSL server. It's a right pain.

Pink - you're sounding so much better. I'm so pleased as I was worrying about you for a while. You've made such a big step this week at the dentist - it will be much easier now you've made the first step. There'll be more positive thoughts heading your way next week :hugs:

Pip x

joy
16-08-12, 08:40
Thanks ww for posting photo of Fergus for me

all of you think of me at 2pm at the dental hospital

Love to you all

Joy

Pipkin
16-08-12, 08:44
I'll be thinking about you Joy. I've got an appointment at the bank at the same time so we can suffer together!

william wallace
16-08-12, 08:45
It is a pain right enough Pip, but all that spare time was put to good use. I just moved house and the back garden was like Beirut on a bad day. It now has a veggy patch, shed, a huge patio, two big lawns and a path up the middle. Watching the local ads for a greenhouse so I can do toms, cucumbers, chilli's etc next spring.

I had ATOS last Friday and after watching some programmes on tv about them awarding zero points to poor souls in wheelchairs etc doubt very much if I'll be on ESA for much longer so have to get a job.

We have Holly on Friday night so I'll put up a pic of her. She almost walking now and getting more gorgeous by the day.

Howz everyone this fine morning?:hugs:

Pipkin
16-08-12, 09:01
Fine here thanks. Still no Internet connection so the trusty iPhone is coming to the rescue.

WW - your garden sounds lovely. If only I had the patience! The dog just eats everything I plant anyway so I've given up until he's older. Anyway, I think the Beirut look is in just now. Is it tea and ciggy time yet?

Pip

william wallace
16-08-12, 09:15
Just had second cuppy and fag:D

Pipkin
16-08-12, 09:49
Second cup of tea here though if my Internet connection isn't back up soon, it may be something stronger shortly...

Pip

Pipkin
16-08-12, 10:37
Here's me cursing my ISP when it turns out the dog has chewed through my router cable (again). Grrr :mad:

Pip

william wallace
16-08-12, 11:01
Could have been worse Pip, could have been an electrical cable.
Barbecued pup anyone?:D

Pipkin
16-08-12, 11:08
He will be barbecued if he does it again. I think he's trying to sever all connections with the outside world. Could be a sensible approach to life...

Pip

TJSMITH
16-08-12, 11:16
Morning all

Nice to see the banter on here again.

How is everyone? We Are on our way to do an indoor skydive should be fun.
I'm feeling better than I was.
Any views on clonazepam? Apparently a lot better than diazepam. Should I be having huge dips after 8 weeks?

Joy, Laura and Nicola how's things?

joy
16-08-12, 12:00
TsJ
What dosage of diaz do you take in one go. Indoor skydiving????? Are yousureyou have anxiety? Think probably you shouldnt be having dips after 8 weeks but some meds take up to 12 weeks to work so have a chat to gp on monday.

Love joy

Getting very scared of dental apt now

TJSMITH
16-08-12, 12:08
Hi joy
My anxiety is more thought related but yes nerves kicking in lol I have tried 5mg Diaz and does nothing ? Partly why I wanted to be referred as gp won't give me anything else.

Good luck At dentist I'm there mon for a root canal x

nicola1980
16-08-12, 12:25
Hi all, well im going through a blip :mad: can't believe last week i was flying high and now im consumed with this damn anxiety again :mad: Tracy have you tried the clonazepam yet? did your gp prescribe it? diaz isn't really working on me so just having to ride it out but my life its hard!!
Good luck this afternoon joy sending you lots of :hugs: :hugs: xx

pinkdove
16-08-12, 12:53
hi guys, aw pip trust wee freddie to be the culprit, i remember having my phone wire chewed through when one of mine was a pup, the good news is, he grew out of it, i hope freddie does, dont like the sound of barbecued dog.

joy good luck this afternoon, know how you feel, seems theres a few of us attending the dreaded dentist just now xx

nicola, just a wee blip, i still get them but it will pass, the thing with diazapam is the more you take it the less it seems to work, hence the addiction of needing a higher dose, just try to ride it through, you will get there xx

laura how are you today ?

mr w after loads of ciggies and cups of tea feeling a bit more human now, you sound on good form and will look forward to seeing a pic of wee hollie this weekend. re the esa, i got 6 points and needed 10, so was told i had failed, but you keep getting the benefit at the lower rate, then came the tribunal i appealed, and kept getting the benefit at the lower rate, at the time was to ill to attend the tribunal, so just let it go, so i was too ill to be on esa, keep fighting, dont give up like i did, you are entitled to the money, you are not ready for work yet......christ this makes me so angry. rant over, havent been up to gods country yet, but still hoping to make the trip soon. xx

hope evryone else is ok

TJSMITH
16-08-12, 13:05
No my sister gave me some Nic and know not right but at times I'm so desperate. I'm telling gp mon need something on really bad days if wont give me I will have to go private. Googled clonazepam nothing to lose really on a really bad day x

nicola1980
16-08-12, 13:11
Tracy a few years ago when my anxiety was playing up my friend gave me some lorazepam to help and i know you shouldn't but like you said when your desperate, ive gave a friend a couple of my diazepam before when shes been feeling bad too...tut tut!!! lol xx

TJSMITH
16-08-12, 13:15
Well if we were treated better by gps we wouldn't resort to desperate measures I may threaten to get them of net. My gp said they don't give anything and have to ride it out will get better. I would like them to feel how we do just for a. Hour on a bad day. I don't take pills lightly but can't carry on as I am either, got very drink weekend to try and blot it out and no didnt work. Been refused help as not bad enough

nicola1980
16-08-12, 13:21
I can't believe you've been refused help it really makes me cross, i insisted on being referred as i felt so bad and fortunatly ive been very lucky and was seen by a physchatrist within 10 days but i was bad, not suicidal bad but in a bit of a mess to put it lightly, it makes me so cross that people have to pay to get the treatment they need and so deserve when they are obvously ill ARGH xx

Pipkin
16-08-12, 14:27
Joy,

Positive vibes have been heading your way. I hope it's going ok.

TJSMITH
16-08-12, 15:08
I know gp referred me but it was declined I really hate our system As they don't act unless they have to.

Does anyone have success with Valium or any other anxiety drug used for short term? Does it completely take the panic and fear away?

Well done my body flight with my son it was fun although I did feel some panic at first.

Hope you all have good day and advice or experiences on benzo greatly apprieciTed xx

pinkdove
16-08-12, 17:04
hi tracey i find diazapam realy good when i have bad anxiety 4mg usually does it for me, dont take them often now tho xx

joy
16-08-12, 17:32
well back from the hosptal, wasnt as bad as expected but not pleasant. why has no one mentioned how gorgeous my grandson is picture posted by ww few posts back.
dunno what to say about diaz tracy as no benzos seem to work on me so just have to ride things out.you could try a clonzapam and see what happens. i've tried it but it either doesnt work or makes me too sleepy.

not allowed any dinner tonight so we went out for lunch before hospital even tho i was dead nervous by this time.

where are you laura?

love joy

thanks for the vibes pip

LAURA48
16-08-12, 17:49
Hi Tracey
The NHS service you have received does not surprise me - I have had the exact same service. My HADs score was really high and all I got offered was a gateway worker?? who I new! and I was in a bad way. I was pushed into a corner really and my dear old mum is paying for me. The psychiatrist was surprised I had gone private until I told him and he has not mentioned it anymore. It is beyond belief. I did put a complaint in but fell on deaf ears. Take the diazepam it will help you - so many people are afraid of addiction but at the end of the day you are monitored - take them.

My day has been rubbish again - feel so depressed - since I have been on a quest to find another anti-depressant equiv to Prozac, unless my brain chemistry has changed, they seem to make me more depressed and tearful - I will have a word with the psych when I see him as still crying and feel like I am in a big black smog - really getting me down and terrible headaches to boot!

It is only a week since my max 225mg increase - so early days - but am getting a bit worried tbh - cannot plan a proper day and I usually end up crying? thank god I am normally with my mum!

Anyway hope the rest of the gang are ok.

Take care

Laura x

TJSMITH
16-08-12, 17:49
Joy he is lovely you don't need us to tell you that.
Pleased hospital went ok

I will try the clamazapan when bad again and let you know it would be great just to know something works if needed x

nicola1980
16-08-12, 18:09
Tracy 5mg of diaz usually works for me if im in a bad way if not i take 2mg which usually just about takes the edge off but today even 5mg hasn't touched me :mad: but think thats cause my mums gone away till sunday and i always freak out when shes not here, shes my safe person.
Joy so pleased it went ok was thinking about you and the pic is gorgeous theres so many posts on here today i think i must have missed it, can't believe hes that old already!
Laura ill join you in the crying and the headache today, was sobbing most of the morning, my poor hubby walked in from his night shift to me in floods of tears sat at the kitchen table chain smoking!!! xx

LAURA48
16-08-12, 18:27
Hi

Oh Nicola sorry to hear you are having a rough ride - not impressed so far with venlafaxine - the trouble is - it is a bugger to get off - Seroxat being the worst then this one according to psych and what would you change to?? Trapped - so got to give it much longer - will defo ask for the Olanzapine - our hubbys don't know what to do bless them - do they? It affects all the family - finding only respite I get is when I go to sleep - having a good moan aren't I!

Joy glad you have been to hospital and got sorted you did very well.

Tracey I take lorazepam 1mg - find it excellent for anxiety bit stronger than diazepam but not as strong as Clonazepam - so I am told.

Take care

Laura x

william wallace
16-08-12, 20:29
Hey Pink thanks for the info about ATOS. Haven't heard from them yet so dont know how many, if any points I got but if I get 6 like you I'll be happy to take the lower rate.

Sorry to read that some of you are still feeling crap. Persevere with the meds, and a positive attitude and you should pick up soon:hugs:

pinkdove
16-08-12, 20:30
no problem mr w just dont give in if you dont get the points they still have to pay you at the lower rate, right up to the tribunal and that takes months,

william wallace
17-08-12, 10:23
Yeah thanks for that Pink, I'll just keep putting the doctors lines in.

Anyway, horrible morning here in Angus it's pissing down and blowing a hooligan so doubt I'll get much done outside today. It's been a funny old summer this year again. Seem to be getting a hot day, a misty day, a wet day then back to hot again.

Had a bit of a drama this last couple of weeks with the letting agent/landlord from the other house regarding our deposit. I lost a few nights sleep over it, anxiety came back with a vengeance and I had visions of doing something silly like going there and knocking the shit out of the two male pasty faced office guys and smashing the place up. Then I remembered the saying, "don't get angry, get even". I carefully studied the letting agreement and the inventory after recieving this;

Hi Gordon,

Amanda & I met with the landlord on Wednesday to check the property out. There's a few things that were highlighted upon inspection.

One of the double doors on the cupboard at the top of the stairs has been chipped at the top and has been glued back into place. - Landlord to quote to replace the damaged door.

The main bedroom which was painted pink to 3 walls and had 1 wall papered with dark brown & pink wallpaper. Although the landlord had originally agreed that you could paint the room this was providing it was put back to neutral colours on departure. - The landlord is to quote to remove the feature wallpaper and replace with lining paper & to repaint the room magnolia.

The living room wall needs repainting as this too was decorated by yourselves.

Landlord has a quote for £480 including materials to repaint the bedroom & living room and a quote of £80 for the replacement cupboard door. He is thus willing to charge you for £300 for the work required the cost of which will be deducted from your deposit.

Kind regards,

My reply;
Good morning Lydia, and thank you for getting in touch. If we were to consider this offer I would require your assurance that the rest of the property was in good order. I spent several hours sweating buckets weeding and tidying the garden, and both of us spent many hours cleaning, particularly the cooker and tiles in the shower area, and left them cleaner than they were when we took the tenancy.

Kindest regards, Gordon and Sandra Mills.;

Hi Gordon,
Apologies for the delay I was on holiday last week… Everything else was found to be OK and yes if you are to accept this offer that would be the matter closed.
Kind regards,
Lydia;

Good morning Lydia, and many thanks for verifying that £300 of the £600 deposit is undisputed. I would be most grateful if you nice folks at Wardhaugh would arrange to forward this to me without delay by cheque to Gordon Mills, 20 Glenclova Terrace, Forfar DD8, or by bank transfer to Bank of Scotland account number ------------.

Regarding the other £300 which is to be retained by Wardhaugh towards repairs would you please send before and after pictures of the chipped cupboard door. The portfolio of 80 or so pictures that came with the letting agreement doesn't seem to have a image of this cupboard. If I am to be paying £80 to have it repaired it's only fair that I am allowed to see where my hard earned cash is going. I would also like to see a copy of the estimate and invoice as it seems a bit steep.

The situation regards the decor all seems rather vague and inconsistent. You infer that pink is an unsatisfactory, non neutral colour but according to the inventory, (document created on 31/10/2011) bedroom one was described as pink, with general wear and tear when we took the tenancy. Bedroom 2 was described as "woodchip painted cream & beige vynyl wallpaper". Reads like something from the late sixties when woodchip was in fashion, and possibly the last time the room was decorated.

You also state, and I quote "The living room wall needs repainting as this too was decorated by yourselves.". This statement infers that you are just decorating for the sake of it, not because anything was wrong with it. According to the inventory the room was pale blue, a very cold colour, all we did was paint it magnolia, with the permission of yourselves. If magnolia is good enough for bedroom 2, why is it not good enough for the lounge?
I also have pictures of the damp area by the window in this room.

When Sandra and I went to the house on Monday 30/07/12 to collect the last of our belongings, a painter was in the house. We asked him what he was doing and he told us that he was redecorating and sealing the damp patches.
On Tuesday 31/07/12 I visited 2 Gallowshade Road for the last time before handing back the keys. I took several pictures of the ongoing works and they clearly show stripped walls, damp patches etc. The digital properties of these pictures cannot be altered and will clearly show that works were going on in the house on this date, without my permission, contrary to the lease agreement.

In the short time that we stayed at 2 Gallowshade Road we made many improvements including removing laminate flooring from bedroom 2, as it was cut around the wardrobe unit rather than fitted underneath it. We were worried that our grandchildren would injure themselves on the sharp edges. This was replaced with a new carpet. We also fitted Venetian blinds in the lounge, heated towel rail and medicine cabinet in the bathroom, new curtain rail in the lounge, all of which we kindly left for the next occupants.

I suggest that, to save any unpleasantness, Wardhaugh pay the full amount of £600 by Friday 17th August, otherwise I shall place all of this criteria in the hands of a solicitor.

Kindest regards, Gordon and Sandra Mills.;

Hi Gordon,
I've spoken to the landlord this afternoon and he is willing to return your deposit in full. He holds your deposit so as soon as we've received it we can transfer it to yourself.
Kind regards,
Lydia

:D

Tufty
17-08-12, 10:28
Well done Mr W - drinks are on you then :D
Good to see you back X

pinkdove
17-08-12, 10:53
thats the way to do it mr w.....robbin *******s. well done you !!!!! nice to see a happy ending, yu can relax now knowing you got the better of them

william wallace
17-08-12, 10:54
Yep. landlords and letting agents = scum of the earth:D

Catya
17-08-12, 12:58
My day has been rubbish again - feel so depressed - since I have been on a quest to find another anti-depressant equiv to Prozac, unless my brain chemistry has changed, they seem to make me more depressed and tearful - I will have a word with the psych when I see him as still crying and feel like I am in a big black smog -
Take care

Laura x

Laura what dose Prozac were you on? xx

joy
17-08-12, 12:58
At least you didnt let the buggers grind you dowm

Love Joy

LAURA48
17-08-12, 14:13
Hi Kate

20mg of Prozac - took ages to work but it was brilliant. How you getting on - what med are you on? Think psych will use an add on tomorrow - see him at 9.00 am - costing a fortune!

Laura

Sober2000june
17-08-12, 14:25
Aft all,

Not been too bad today :).

I was called by the doctor’s surgery at lunch time and was informed that the Shrink I was to see who specialises in addiction has retired. The receptionist told me of his replacement but was unable to pronounce the name. She said she would leave it with me to decide if i want to see him/her. I was trying to understand if this person also specialises in addictions, but she was unable to determine. Not sure what do, I’m thinking its possibly time to get the wallet out and tell kids that Santa’s having a holiday this year.

Hows everyone doing this afternoon. (Laura how you coping now with 225?)

LAURA48
17-08-12, 14:57
Hi Paul

Could be better - have PM you! Feel so bloody depressed on an antidepressant and tearful?? Sorry to hear of the shrink episode - but nothing surprises me Paul in that department! Having a lot of headaches - tbh - no lift off as yet?

Re the private route - sort of pushed into a corner - so wrong isn't it.

Speak later

Laura x

Catya
17-08-12, 17:46
Sorry to read about you all.... Won't hang about either as in a very very cross mood!
I'm taking 20 mg Prozac Laura and, trying not to but am, taking some amitriptyline at night to counteract the insomnia caused by Prozac. Bloody drugs..... Feel even crosser now! Oh dear.... xxx

LAURA48
17-08-12, 18:18
Hi Kate

I think they have changed the formulation to when I was first put on them! lol! probably more my age! they blame that for everything these days!

Laura

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

You will start sleeping better Kate once the Prozac has adjusted to your system.

william wallace
18-08-12, 09:11
Hi Folks, a wee bit dissapointed this weekend because I thought we had Holly staying over last night but it's next Friday:weep: Scorchio here in the county of Angus this morning with the mercury at 23c already.

Mrs W a bit fed up with new house related stuff so she wants to go away for a night maybe Glasgow or Edinburgh, few drinks nice Indian that kind of stuff who am I to complain. Dundee is on the way so probably drop by and see Holly before we go.

Have a good weekend Y'all:hugs:

Pipkin
18-08-12, 09:41
Morning all,

Typical morning here, just planning what to do for the day. Back to puppy school this afternoon and then either a trip into town or a long walk, depending on the weather. Looks like a warm one here too.

WW - a trip away always sounds like a plan to me. I keep meaning to come back up to Scotland for a holiday but it's so far away. I have friends near Edinburgh and I just love it. There are so many lovely walks except last time, I got attacked by the infamous midges. Still, at least the natives were friendly...

I hope everyone's doing ok. These ADs are strange things with some of us doing better than others. Not sure I can give any advice for anyone who's struggling except to say we're all here to support you :hugs:

Take care

Pip xx

Catya
18-08-12, 09:44
Thanks pip..... Can see why you got the job! :)

Pipkin
18-08-12, 10:13
Cheers Kate. I really feel for you all because I've been there and I know how truly awful it can be. To be honest, it scared me senseless and I'm in awe of people who can fight their way through it for as long as some of you have.

You're all stars!

Pip xxx

nicola1980
18-08-12, 10:55
Hi guys, well im still struggling a bit but decided yesterday to come to my aunties caravan at the coast for a few days x x

pinkdove
18-08-12, 16:25
lucky you nicola i could just do with a wee holiday at the coast....love the sea always makes me feel better, and im sure it will you too enjoy !!!!

pip, yes i know whay you mean fighting this is so hard and i wish everyone could just get there, but you know as well as me it takes time and patience, but not easy for those still suffering, beautifull day here in yorkshire, but the sweats are really getting me doen, will give it another few weeks, then maybe drop the dose a bit hope you have a great weekend.

mr w sorry about holly not coming, but enjoy your time with sandra and theres always next weekend to look forward too xx

laura hope you are feeling a wee bit better xx
and to everyone else hang on in there if you feel bad, better times are ahead for you all xxxx

ewood79
19-08-12, 08:08
Hey everyone,

Just thought id check in to say hi.... good to see the big fella from the land of Scotland back on deck!!!!!

Much love Jarrod

joy
19-08-12, 08:42
Good morning,
Didnt have such a good day yeaterday with anxiety. I've cut the olanzapine down as per shrinks instructions becuse of swollen ankles. Gues what I've now got anxiety back and swollen ankles!!! Managed to charity shop then when I got home the anxiety started to build and wouldnt let go.

Fed Up

Love joy

pinkdove
19-08-12, 14:38
where are you all today ? hope everyone is ok xxx

Pipkin
19-08-12, 14:45
Hi all,

Just got back from a nice long walk. When I say nice, it's a bit too hot and humid for me but at least it's worn the dog out (and me too). He was in the dog house (literally) this morning as he buried a bone in the garden, got mud all up his nose and then came in and sneezed it all over the carpet. I've now dug up his bone and hidden it so he's sulking.

Hi Jarrod - good to hear from you. It's been a while. How are you doing?

Joy - swollen ankles and anxiety. As if one's not bad enough but both together - you poor thing. Have you any idea what the next step is? Have you ever been prescribed pregabalin? The NICE guidance says for doctors to prescribe this if ADs aren't effective or tolerated.

Well, off for lie down and a read for an hour. Back to work tomorrow and I want to be bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning.

Take care

Pip xxx

Pipkin
19-08-12, 14:46
Pink - crossed posts! How are you?

P xx

joy
19-08-12, 17:41
dear pipkin

i'm on pregabalin as well but doesnt seem to help the anxiety. i'm on 300mg but shrink doesnt seem to want to increase it, i was fine last week on higher dose of olanzapine apart from the swollen ankles.think i'm a bit of a mystery. seeing dr g on friday so we'll see what ideas hes got next

thanks for caring

joy

pinkdove
19-08-12, 18:21
hi pip, yes im fine thanks, apart from this intermitting toothache, but that will be sorted on thursday morning so just taking painkillers.
was at a car boot sale this morning for 9am, it was nice and hot then, went to another that started at 12pm, stood ina a queue for 15 mins, just got in and the heavens opened lol, but had a gret time and got a few bargains too. good luck tomorow going back to work, hope you at least feel rested after yur holiday....oh and that freddie sounds so cute, but its not me cleaning the carpet :D take care xx

joy i am so sorry for you,i really hope you get something sorted out soon, but you are a trooper going into the charity shop, even although you feel crap sending you :hugs:

hope all you guys are doing ok today, i know nicola is enjoying a wee break, but where are the rest of you ven buddies this sunday ?

pinkdove
20-08-12, 10:32
morning guys, still these sweats are bugging me, who else gets them, and how bad ? i bought some of that cool spray but nothing seems to help, but the meds are helping with my anxiety and depression, so its hard to know what to do.

gong to have a relaxing day today, weather is'nt great, just need some chillin time i think.

hoes everyone else today, so quiet on here lately, hope you are all ok xx

joy
20-08-12, 10:43
Hello everyone

Feeling a bit eeby jeeby this morning. I was really weird yesterday every time I sat down I fell asleep.Mood is lowish too

Where are you laura?

Hope you are ok Nicola

Love Joy

william wallace
20-08-12, 14:24
Hi folks, Mrs W and I had quite a nice weekend, ended up staying at the very posh Citizen M hotel in Glasgow. It was nice but I cant say it was worth the £120 per night excluding breakfast. On the Saturady evening we went to see the new Bourne movie then had a nice Indian meal and a few beers at Assamshttp://assams.co.uk/
Spent most of Sunday at Ikea and bought some garden furniture etc.

Been feeling a bit flat lately but getting on with things generally. It seems to come in cycles of feeling ok, feeling shite you all know what I mean.
:hugs:all round...

joy
20-08-12, 15:24
ww Sounds like you had a nice time.it seems like you ride the roller coaster still, DRives you mad doesnt it. Still feel very sleepy and weird

Love joy

Pipkin
20-08-12, 18:54
Evening all,

Back to work for me today and I got a nasty reminder of what's it's all about this morning with sky-high anxiety. I got the full shakes, pounding heart, the lot. I don't know why because work is always fine. Just something psychological about the first day back, I guess. Anyway, it soon wore off and it doesn't do me any harm to be reminded now and again of how far I've come. Exhausted now though and ready for bed.

Pink - you must tell me what time your dentist's appointment is on Thursday so that I can send you some more positive vibes. It'll be such a relief for you to get rid of the pesky tooth that's been causing you all that pain. Don't forget to ask for it afterwards - you never know what the tooth fairy might fetch you...

I hope everyone else is ok. I'll check in tomorrow after, hopefully, a more peaceful start to the day.

Take care

Pip xxx

nicola1980
20-08-12, 19:20
Hi all, well i seem to be going through a blip :mad: today has been awful with the panics and anxiety :ohmy: i will have been on 150mg for 6 weeks on thursday, i just don't understand it, i was flying high a few weeks ago?? feeling very disheartened and scared at the min xx

TJSMITH
20-08-12, 19:37
Hi all
Sorry to hear most going through blips again. I managed dentist today had root canal done less painfull than anxiety.

Been gp my referral got rejected advise they gave was another med change the one you guys are on Infact but to be honest can't go through it again. He has given me lorazepam too, is this good for anyone? Told him drinking on bad days that's the only reason hd relented I think.

Hope we all move forward again soon xxx

nicola1980
20-08-12, 19:50
Hi Tracy, lorazepam is stronger than diazepam so should work better for you, Laura on here takes it and swears by it xx

TJSMITH
20-08-12, 19:58
Thanks Nic
I also want to know if can function normally on it??? Laura
How you feeling now Nic

nicola1980
20-08-12, 20:17
Ive calmed down alot tonight but know it'll be back in the morning :-( xx

TJSMITH
20-08-12, 20:45
You was doing so well thats what i dont understand with these meds you think you getting there one day/week then the next feel back to square one.

Im looking into private care now for what its worth x

Pipkin
20-08-12, 20:51
My feeling is that a lot of it is just the normal ups and downs of life that most people have. It's just that ours are worse and we immediately suspect it's a relapse. I know Pink and I have discussed this before and we both try to ignore these now and they have always passed.

Pip xx

TJSMITH
20-08-12, 20:54
I agree Pip but i get so distressed with it at times and just want to think normally rather than how i am most of the day.

Tommorow another day i guess xx

Pipkin
20-08-12, 21:15
Tracy - I know exactly what you mean. I think my turning point was when I realised that those thoughts were making me ill and by distracting myself more (exercise, puppy etc), I felt much better. Not easy though, I know.

Pip x

nicola1980
20-08-12, 21:18
Tracy i get distressed by the thoughts aswell :mad: Thanks for the tips Pip but its so hard when im paralysed in bed or on the sofa consumed by panic and fear or climbing the walls lol :ohmy: it scares the life out of me xx

Pipkin
20-08-12, 21:24
I know - there were times when I could hardly think straight and I was lying in bed thinking my head was going to start spinning like Linda Blair in the Exorcist. I suppose it's small steps though. The ven definitely helped me with the constant thinking and worrying though.

Pip x

joy
21-08-12, 08:59
So Tracy are you changing to Venlafaxine? You did well do cope with dentist.Good luck with the lorazapam. cant understand why you cant see the mental health team, Thought they had to if GP referrre you

LOve joy

pinkdove
21-08-12, 09:27
tracey, as joy said you did so well going to the dentist, i know what thats like i go on thursday and im bricking it again, pip is right, i was the same as him, got to the point that i had to force myself to ignore the thoughts, are they were making me ill, also i eventually realised that whatever i felt or thought, nothing bad ever happened, so it was like torturing myself.

i know its hard, but i can only say that ven helped me, along with sheer determination and hard work, i still get the occasional thought creeping in, and i have lay in bed paralized with fear, you will get there hun, and we are all here to help you xx

nicola i thought you were getting better, did you enjoy your break at the coast ? just a blip and it will pass, think how far you've come xx

joy hope you are feeling a bit better today xx

pip its 9am on thursday although i am petrified i cant wait, the pain is getting worse, i know i could ring for a cancellation, but i need the first appointment of the day, due to my anxiety, so send those positive vibes please, i will need them,
i read your post about the first day back at work, and it seems to me that like me its change that sets you off, but so glad you are feeling better now, take care xxx

hope everyone else is ok. paul where are you ?

nicola1980
21-08-12, 09:38
Hi Pink i thought i was getting better but i seem to have took a nose dive backwards again for some reason :ohmy: xx

---------- Post added at 09:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

wheres Paul and Laura these days???

Pipkin
21-08-12, 09:54
Much better this morning - firing on all cylinders in fact.

Pink - 9.00 Thursday vibes will be heading your way. I sometimes take an MP3 player into the dentist to distract myself with some nice calming music, especially when it's an extraction. Works wonders as I'm then lying on a tropical beach rather than in the dentist's chair! Now don't you chicken out on me! Think - the pain will be gone forever :D

Pip xx

Coni
21-08-12, 10:46
Hi everyone, is it ok if I join in? Ive been lurking for a wee while lol!

I joined NMP ages ago (scared to count lol) after a bout of 'stress and anxiety' that led to me being off work for 7 months! Was finally given a diagnosis of GAD about 18 months ago after another horrendous episode which left me barely able to function for months. I cant tell you how relieved I was that someone was able to tell me exactly what was wrong and thankfully I have had excellent support from a wonderful psychologist, psychiatrist and occ health doctor.

Although I joined NMP in 2006 and it was a lifeline for me for a long time, I haven't been on in a while up until about a month ago.

Been a bit of a roller coaster few years but generally last 6 months have been good. I take venlafaxine 150mg along with pregabalin 250mg and this combination seems to work well for me.

My dilemma is the side effects....mainly the sweats from venlafaxine and the weight gain from pregabalin.

I am trying to do something about the weight (with varying degrees of success unfortunately), but the sweats are awful, very uncomfortable and embarrassing! One day I decide I just have to put up with them because otherwise the meds have really helped. The next day I think I cant bear another moment of this as it makes me reluctant to go out, socialise, embarrassment at work etc and dont even get me started on the effect on my hair of a continually sweaty head and neck lol!

Anyway hope you are all ok and you don't mind me butting in. Trying to motivate myself to get cracking on the housework (was late taking pregabalin last night and seem to have increased tiredness next morning when this happens....really must try to be more organised!)

Hope everyone has a good day

X

nicola1980
21-08-12, 11:51
Hi coni and welcome :D i fortunatly dont get the sweating with the ven although ive heard this can be a common on going side effect x x

Sober2000june
21-08-12, 12:09
Hi all,

Still waiting on the 225 miracle to happen. Hard day yest. spent sat eve, sun morning in yorhill childrens hospital with my youngest as he had breathing difficulties. They whipped him straight into a ward when the measured his sats - low blood oxygen. anyhoo only got 4 hrs sleep, oh and 30min dozed on ward floor next to his bed. he got out and wee have him on steroids for few day to help with breathing. So now we have an extremely wired 2yr old(think of Spud's interview in Trainspotting". Yesterday was hades but managed my meeting last night and today is better. Welcome Coni, you dont need to talk to me about sweats since i started 225 last month my body thinks its in the Amazon jungle.

ODAAT folks,

Paul:)

pinkdove
21-08-12, 12:18
hi coni and welcome, i do get the sweats, and like you its terrible, even thought of reducing my dose, i take 150mg, plays havoc with my hair too, and so uncomfortable, wish i could tell you what to do, i bought a cooling spray, but not very good, only makes me more wet lol.

nicola, sorry you are not great, but its a blip, keep looking forward, you are getting there, xx

pip, i will def go, i am in excritiating pain at the moment, living on co codamol and ibrupofen, dont forget those vibes on thursday morning, iwill need them, dont have an mp3 player, but t sounds like a great distraction, so pleased you are feeling well xx

spoke to laura on fb, hope she's ok, dont know about paul.....where are you xx

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

paul crossed posts, sorry to hear about your son, hope he feels better soon, must have been very stressfull for you, glad to hear you are ok though take care sending your wee boy :hugs:

kittikat
21-08-12, 12:25
Hello all,

I am going to join in too if that's ok. I have just been prescribed Ven 37.5mg daily (which I am really scared to take because of SE's) am currently on diaz 12-15mg daily for last 9 months...too long really but it has helped me through a really bad time.

So, I am now mulling over the ven...do I, don't I....will be like this for about a week before I pluck up the courage to go for it.

I have read through this thread with much interest and a lot of it gives me hope, but I just can't shake the negative thoughts after having such a bad time on Cit, Prozac and Clomipramine in the past.

I hope you are all doing well today....best regards to all, Kitti :) x

Pipkin
21-08-12, 12:35
:welcome: Coni and Kitti,

Please feel free to join in!

Pip xx

pinkdove
21-08-12, 12:56
hi kitti and welcome, please go for it, i wet on ven straight from citalpram, and have found it the best ad i have ever had, i used to use diazapam like you, but hardly ever need it now, i think ven is much easier to start than citalopram, no where near as many side effects, so you will be fine, be brave, you will get lots of support here. good luck hun xx

nicola1980
21-08-12, 13:03
Hi and welcome kitti, im also v med phobic after bad side effects from cit and imipramine but ven has been the easiest by far and you'll be starting on a low dose like i did, im also on diaz at the min x x

kittikat
21-08-12, 13:03
hi kitti and welcome, please go for it, i wet on ven straight from citalpram, and have found it the best ad i have ever had, i used to use diazapam like you, but hardly ever need it now, i think ven is much easier to start than citalopram, no where near as many side effects, so you will be fine, be brave, you will get lots of support here. good luck hun xx

Thank you so much for the helpful and encouraging advice :hugs: I will update as soon as I take the plunge!! Kitti xx

joy
21-08-12, 16:20
Having a better day than yesterday thank God. Loving the rollercoaster ride NOT

Love Joy

Pipkin
21-08-12, 17:35
Kitti,

Pink's right. You'll get lots of support to help you through the first few weeks. We've all been there and understand. Take your time thinking about it and then take the plunge. Remember that it's not permenant - you can always change your mind if it's not working out though I bet it will!

Take care

Pip x

TJSMITH
21-08-12, 17:35
Question for all have any of you either now or in the past on meds got your life Completely back??? By this I mean not thinking about having a mental illness at all if so how long does that realistically take and do you think down to meds or time??

Joy pleased you having better day so am I but still thinking lol....
How's everyone else?

Coni
21-08-12, 18:05
Hi Tjsmith, I have to say that I have felt better in the last 6 months than I have felt for years, and I think that has been due to a combination of meds (venlafaxine and pregabalin) and psychological support.

However it has taken probably a number of years to get a diagnosis and the correct medication as so much of the treatment for anxiety and depression seems to be trial and error and can be based on what's available at the time. I have to also add that I probably wasn't the easiest person to treat as I was very resistant to taking medication and ultimately seeing a psychiatrist, and it wasn't until I agreed to try specialist input that I started to feel the difference.

Having said all that I don't think for me I will ever 'forget' that I have mental health issues, but then a certain level of self awareness can be positive and I feel if I can learn to manage my life and my fears and negative thoughts then I think I can (hopefully) still have a good quality of life. At the beginning of this year I would never have believed it was possible for me to genuinely think like this, which I suppose shows how far it is possible to come, albeit very gradually.

Sorry...long answer to your question lol! Don't know if that even made sense or is helpful but its just my experience so far. For me seeing a psychiatrist and taking a combination of meds felt like jumping of a cliff, it was so scary....but I'm so glad I did as the alternative doesn't bear thinking about now.

Good luck with whatever you decide....and remember everyone is different.

X

TJSMITH
21-08-12, 18:11
Thanks for your reply this all new to me been on meds 6 months cit now sertraline but they want me to now have ven.
Going to give longer as anxiety bearable most days if not private root it will be xx

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Pleased you doing well :)

Pipkin
21-08-12, 18:30
Hi Tracy,

An interesting question which I'll try and answer. My difficulty is that I've suffered from anxiety for as long as I can remember so I haven't really got anything to compare it to. I don't really have a feeling 'normal' as normal for me is anxious. If I call the times when I've been least anxious (in my early 20s) 100%, the best I've been since is probably 90-95% which is where I am now.

For me personally, although I'm a real fighter and will never let anxiety beat me, I came to the conclusion a while ago that it will always be with me and that I've got to aim for that 95%. It's not defeatist at all, I just want realistic goals or I'll spend all my life disappointed.

I'm just speaking for me though and others may disagree and say it's possible to recover totally. Having said all that, I feel great at the moment and, to be honest, anxiety has made me who I am (and I don't think I'm too bad :winks:) and I'm not sure I'd ever really want to forget about it totally. It's just when it's bad, it's horrendous!

Pip xx

nicola1980
21-08-12, 18:30
Hi Tracy the first time i took cit it gave me my life back completely it was fantastic but this time round its a different kettle of fish, its taking me alot longer to 'recover' maybe because they couldn't get my meds right to start with i don't know?? i thought that the same thing would happen this time around that the meds would kick in and id be back to normal but nope its taking alot of doing, im trying to do the positive thinking etc and i don't just sit at home and dwell on it i will force myself to go out etc even when all i want to do is curl up into a ball in bed, todays been a better day for me and at least we are having some good days........sorry im rambling :blush: xx

Tufty
21-08-12, 21:42
Hi Tracey,
I've always been prone to anxiety but 9 years ago I went through a tough time and spent a month on a psychi ward and had lots of 'therapy'. However, I got better, I'll never forget what I went through - like Pip says it's made me who I am. I have a good job, lots of responsibility, manage the family home etc and most people who know me cannot believe I suffer with anxiety.

I've had another crappie time this year but the belief that I can and will return to my normal self has made it easier to bear. You will recover, you are still you but just suffering from anxiety at the moment, it will always be part of you but not an overwhelming, ruling thing. For 7 years I hardly gave the anxiety a thought and I'm positive that I will be in that position again.

Try not to lose faith in yourself, be kind to yourself, it will take sometime for your confidence to return, take it slowly and don't push yourself too hard - it's a sure fire way for me to take a step backwards. Believe, full recovery from this horrible illness can be achieved.
Love Sam

lauz_lea
21-08-12, 21:43
Hi all, thought it was time I checked in again and said hi. I still read EVERY day, but don't always post.

Well, it's been the blip roller coaster for me, managed to even out on 10mg cit so GP wanted me to up to 20mg, which I tried and the brain farts and mind madness increased, so like the chicken I am I went back down to 10mg, saw the GP again a couple of weeks ago and decided to just put up with the mind madness and go onto 20mg properly, with conviction. Had a really tough week mentally but this week is completely different, I've only had very brief mad moments and dare I say it, but I feel "normal" again. About bloody time!:yesyes:

I can't believe all the things I've done over the last couple of weeks. We went back to London on Saturday and visited London Zoo, and we're going back to London tomorrow to do some shopping in Covent Garden. I've had my hair done twice (the first time was with a new stylist and was a disaster so saw my usual stylist today and have had all my long hair cut off, I just want to be able to get up in the morning, rub some funk on it and go to work, can't be bothered with all the straightening and blow drying, and since I've lost soooooooo much weight, a short cropped cut suits me again. :yahoo:

I don't doubt that a blip will come again, but I'm enjoying the good times whilst they're well and truely rolling, and the more I can do with my daughter and husband during the normal periods, the less guilty I feel when I'm having a blip if I can't face going to the park or going shopping.

My mojo has finally returned too (skip this bit if you're worried there may be TMI). All the years I was on seroxat it always took a lot of time and effort to "get there", but I just got used to it and it was a small price to pay for mental stability, but the cit certainly hasn't caused any difficulties in that area, in fact, I'm not missing any of my favourite programmes anymore, I only need the ad breaks lol. Husband certainly doesn't have any complaints, but the neighbours might :blush:

So, at this point, I'm glad I stuck at it with the cit, I think it's been about 9 weeks or so in total, but only really 2 weeks on 20mg, and the side effects have been no where near as bad as seroxat or mirt, in fact I've barely had any except for increased mind madness (that's my description of the intrusive thoughts). My appetite has even returned (without piling all the weight back on), and I'm enjoying being back in size 8 jeans, but I'd love my boobs back one day.

As for you guys and gals, I was so glad to read Joy and Nic doing so well, and then I felt your frustrations when you started to feel worse again. I know how it goes - you're so pleased to feel like you're finally out of the woods, only to feel like you've just walked into quick sand. I hope each blip is easier than the last though.

Pink, good luck with the dentist, I know it's one of those things you hate, but I like Pip's thing of listening to his MP3.

Pip, nice to see you as Admin now, you've always been there to offer support for everyone, and it's nice that you were recognised for that.

Mr W, it was great to see your name back on here and to read your letters to the letting agents, the buggers will always try to keep your deposit, I had similar troubles with an old landlady once (after she'd given my deposit back she changed her mind) and wrote a similar letter - funnily enough I never heard from her again.

Laura - where are you? I hope you're ok and sending you lots of hugs and love.

TJ, yes it is possible to get back to normal. I've done it three times before (with and without the help of meds), and now I'm doing it a fourth time. It doesn't always happen overnight, in fact this has been a very long hard battle for me, but I'll never give up. The only way out, is through, but I know for sure I'll never take mental stability for granted again and I'll always be aware that I suffer with mental illness, which I view as a good thing, because I'll be taking a lot less for granted and enjoying things a hell of a lot more as a result.

Paul - I hope you're little one will be ok. Whilst I hate it when my daughter is ill, I find my concern for her always outweighs anything else I'm experiencing and helps me in an odd backward kind of way.

Sam, good to read something from you, I'd been wondering about you. How's the meds going?

Sorry to those I've missed, but I can never keep up.

Love to you all as always, I'll check in a gain in another couple of weeks (after another blip no doubt). Take care all xxx

pinkdove
21-08-12, 22:23
lauz a great post, i know it has been really hard for you, but you have got through it with sheer determination, and strength, i really hope you continue to feel well, i know your post will help and suppert those who are still strugglin, good luck hun, so nice to hear from you.

tracey i have got back to normal before, went back to work and led a normal life twice in fact, like nicola this time has been harder for me to get through, but o will, i still think of myself as 95% well, and work on getting to 100% but i can function normally now, and i know tis battle has made me who i am and i feel stronger for fighting it, you will get there, but i really believe that time is the true healer, and this cant be rushed, take it easy, one day at a time, and your normal self will emerge, you are brave, you will get there xx

sam nice to read your post and yes you have to have faith in yourself, and you are doing that by holding down a responsible job, looking after your family, and accepting the recovery time, hope you continue to improve xx

laura let us know how you are hun xx

hope evryone else is ok

:bighug:to you all xxxx

Pipkin
21-08-12, 23:13
Hi Lauz,

Great to hear from you and I'm so pleased you're doing well - its a great inspiration for those who are struggling. It doesn't matter if you don't post too often as long as you know we're here if you need us.

I feel great now too and accept that there'll be ups and downs but that's just part of life and if we try not to dwell on the downs, we get through them.

Take care

Pip xx

william wallace
22-08-12, 08:56
That's a great post Lauz and these days I'm much the same. I read it every day but don't always feel the need to post. Re. the dodgy letting agent and landlord. They never won but in a way they did. They never managed to steal the money, and I got the better of them in the end, but the anger and four sleepless nights has knocked me back a good few weeks. It upset Sandra also and she's been having anxiety attacks and palps etc since, and has been signed off for a couple of weeks. She's usually the strong one but it kind of beat her down as well. It's not about the money, it's about being disrespected and taken for idiots.
For all that, I showed them that a firm of solicitors with letters after their names, and a millionaire landlord with a huge portfolio of property and four manfacturing companies were no match for one crazy Scotsman:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew7Zkkucos8

joy
22-08-12, 10:19
I had an email from Laura saying shes staying off NMP for a while as she feels it doesnt help her recovery. But shes on face book if you want to know how she is..

Well done WW thats the way to do it and I'm sorry about Mrs W.

Good posts from the rest of you

Love Joy

pinkdove
22-08-12, 10:36
mr w so sorry to hear about sandra, and as you say no amount of money is worth her health, but the stress and frustration of it all has obviously taken it toll on her, really hope she feels better soon, a lot of tlc, and your lovely cooking will hopefully see her on the way to recovery xx

joy i know what laura means, sometimes you just have to take stock, and find your own pace, i will pm her on facebook, ope you are feeling better today xx

tracey forgot to say last night, i think having a job really helps, i miss mine, and should have gone on the sick instead of leaving, hope you are well xx

hope evryone else is ok today......off to nurse this toothache which is driving me mad :mad:

TJSMITH
22-08-12, 12:28
Wow
Thanks all for the response to my question without you lot i would suffer utter despair.
I believe i am on right meds due to answers you all gave its just time to get me to where i want to be, i struggle daily sometimes overwhelmes me but i have glimmers of the old me.
Joy i am going to give sert a few months if not happy going private to decide on course im going to take.
Pink i do work but not enough once kids go back to school im doing voluntary in their school until a job comes up that i want to do as feel a change is needed.

How is everyone today??
Mr W sorry to hear about your wife, hope it gets sorted.

Love to everyone xxx

nicola1980
22-08-12, 12:57
Lauz that is fantastic news :yahoo: soooooooooooo pleased for you :D
Mr W sorry to hear about Sandra give her a hug from me :hugs:
Well not a bad start to the day, woke at 4:30 and was wide awake so got up put the washing on, had a couple of fags and thought sod this im going back to bed so i dosed till about 7:30! my cpn was supposed to be coming this morning but she is off sick so i decided to take myself off shopping as needed a few bits its mine and hubby's 1st wedding anniversary on Monday so got him a soppy card etc lol!! managed a quick whizz round morrisons too and bumped into a friend so had a chat for a while so all in all not a bad morning! xx

Pipkin
22-08-12, 17:45
Hi all,

A long weekend for me before I start back at work with a vengeance next week. I have a few relaxing days planned so I hope the weather's going to behave.

Been feeling fine the last couple of days and I hope everyone else is starting to take a turn for the better. Just a quick hello for now as the dog is pestering for his dinner and then it's walk time.

Take care

Pip x

TJSMITH
22-08-12, 18:27
Don't know how much I can take nine weeks on sert as still having a lot of crap days got lorazepam but scared to take it

nicola1980
22-08-12, 18:46
Tracy try a lorazepam ive used them before and they worked for me, maybe you should think about either an increase in the sertraline or a change?? its so hard when we still have crap days :hugs: xx

Pipkin
23-08-12, 08:39
Pink,

I've started sending the positive vibes early because I know you'll be feeling really anxious right now.

Thinking of you :hugs:

Pip xxxx

nicola1980
23-08-12, 08:51
Good luck Pink, sending :hugs: xx

Pipkin
23-08-12, 09:00
Pink,

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

It'll soon be over!

Pip xxxx

Sober2000june
23-08-12, 11:57
All the best fro today :hugs:Pink

TJSMITH
23-08-12, 12:31
Good luck pink xxx

kittikat
23-08-12, 12:47
Hello all, just after some advice really....prescribed Ven 37.5mg, one a day...haven't started yet, really worried about SE's....anyway my question is when is the best time to take it, morning or evening? Evening worries me as I take 3 other meds at night for BP...any advice would really help me. I think I am going to take the plunge after the bank holiday weekend :scared15:

Thanks all, Kitti :)

ps. hope everyone is well, and good luck to you Pink :hugs: xx

nicola1980
23-08-12, 13:56
Hi Kitti, id recommend you take them in the morning, i also started off on 37.5mg once a day, the side effects are bearable and no where near as severe as cit, i got slightly heightened anxiety but i was really anxious anyway so that could have just been me but i used my diazepam to help i also felt quite sick for a few days so make sure you take them with food oh and my pupils went really dilated which was the only side effect that freaked me out but its very common!! i know how scarey it is taking new meds as side effects scare the life out of me after reactions ive had in the past to AD's but its worth a go! good luck :hugs: xx

pinkdove
23-08-12, 14:05
i did it , thanks guys for all your messages, what a woose i am, but i was really brikin it this morning, had hardly any sleep last night, but things are never as bad as you think with the help of my trusted diazapam im one tooth lighter, nexta poointment th sept, and i will go and get all the treatment i need.

this is a hugh step form me, i would never have gone to the dentist as i suffer wit whte coat syndrome :blush: so the ven has definately played its part too, as well as all you guys on here, pip felt the positive vibes, cheers, hope you are all doing ok,
feelin a wee bit sore now the numbness has gone, will speak soon take care xxx and :hugs: to you all xxxxx

Pipkin
23-08-12, 14:11
Kitti,

I take mine am after breakfast. My GP said to take am if they keep you awake or pm if they make you drowsy. They can do either apparantly though they do neither to me.

Nicola's right about the dilated pupils. It is a bit freaky and, at the time, I thought I looked like this :scared15:. It passed after a month or so though.

Go on, take the plunge! We'll look after you :hugs:

Pip x

TJSMITH
23-08-12, 14:14
Woo hoo pink well done
I has root canal done this week but have to go back on 7th
Hope everyone else ok x

nicola1980
23-08-12, 14:17
Yay well done Pink :yahoo: I really need to go to the dentist but have cancelled my appointment twice as can't pluck up the courage to go, i go all shakey at the thought of sitting in that chair after a bad experience i had when they extracted my wisdom tooth :ohmy: which i found out after should have been done at hospital and not at the actual dentist.........found this out when i ended up in a&e with a bad infection with a mouth that looked like id got a golf ball in it :ohmy:
Kitti we're all here to support you and help you through :hugs: xx

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

Tracy how are you today chick? xx

kittikat
23-08-12, 14:23
Well done Pink :yahoo: great news!!

Nicola & Pip....thank you so much you advice, help and support is really appreciated. And Pip, you did make me laugh about the dialated pupils....so thanks for that too!!

You guys are brilliant....I will take in the mornings then, I assume it will be ok with my usual 5mg diazepam? I think I will start them next Tuesday, so watch this space!!!

Thanks again :hugs: Kitti :hugs: xx

Pipkin
23-08-12, 14:23
Pink - our posts crossed. A huge well done! I know it's not very nice but the waiting's always the worst bit and then, when you're in there, it's over in no time. Just think, no more toothache! What a relief! Now you know you can do it, it will be much easier to have the rest of your treatment and then keep on top of it with regular check-ups. What a giant step you've taken.

Thanks for your lovely words on mine and Venus's welcome post. You took the words right out of my mouth!

Pip xxx

nicola1980
23-08-12, 14:28
Kitti i take diazepam aswel with ven so you'll be fine xx

kittikat
23-08-12, 14:34
Kitti i take diazepam aswel with ven so you'll be fine xx

Thanks hun, I am already feeling better about starting them thanks to you :hugs: Have a great day, I am off to CBT soon xx

TJSMITH
23-08-12, 14:55
Hi Nic
Seem to be coming put of blip last night I was climbing the walls again. Weird how comes and goes although always underlying.
Scared on wrong meds when get bad but for now ok.
How's you Nic x

joy
23-08-12, 15:03
well done pink theres a brave bunny!!!!!

not too bad today got to see DR G tomorrow so dont know what he'll say as ankles still a bit swollen.really dont want a change of medication again

love to you all

joy

nicola1980
23-08-12, 15:57
Well ive been out school shoe shopping for jack and my niece...fun!! Im not too bad again, helps keeping busy! Did you take a lorazepam tracy? X x

TJSMITH
23-08-12, 16:09
No scared wont work and scared it will lol

slowfish
24-08-12, 08:17
Hi all

Sorry I don't post much. I pop in now and then to check how everyone's doing and catch up.

Unfortunately not doing very well myself. Now been on ven about 3 months, 4 weeks on 225mg. In the last week have really felt tired a lot, not sleeping well , lots of racing negative thoughts and the sweating is really frustrating. Sometimes feel a bit light-headed too. Maybe 225 is too high a dose for me or will it settle down?

Hope everyone else is having a better time! x

joy
24-08-12, 08:32
TJ

You wont know until you try it. The worse that can happen is that you will feel dopey, the best is that it kils the anxiety

Love Joy

nicola1980
24-08-12, 08:55
Hi all

Sorry I don't post much. I pop in now and then to check how everyone's doing and catch up.

Unfortunately not doing very well myself. Now been on ven about 3 months, 4 weeks on 225mg. In the last week have really felt tired a lot, not sleeping well , lots of racing negative thoughts and the sweating is really frustrating. Sometimes feel a bit light-headed too. Maybe 225 is too high a dose for me or will it settle down?

Hope everyone else is having a better time! x
Hi Slowfish, maybe 225mg is a too higher dose for you? if your taking more than you need it can have an adverse reaction, maybe go back to your gp and have a chat xx

---------- Post added at 08:55 ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 ----------

Good luck with Dr G joy :hugs: hope everyone else is ok, im just waiting for my cpn to come, am feeling quite bright this morning for a change!! xx

pinkdove
24-08-12, 09:53
slowfish, yes i would say that the lower a dose you can settle on is the best way forward, how long did you gine 150mg, it took me a good 2 months on 150mg before it began to have real benefits, maybe have a chat with your gp, hope you feel better soon xx

joy good luck today hope you get something sorted with dr g xx

tracey, what a long road this is, but you should pluck up the courage and try the lorezapam, just to see you over this tough time, i know diazapam really helped me, hope you have a better day today xx

nicola, glad you are feeling better today, the ups and downs, i know them so well, i know how you feel about the dentist, i am the biggest woose when it comes to anything medical, but if i can do it, anyone can, oh and happy anniversary for monday, i didnt realise you were such a new bride, hope you have a lovely day with your hubby xx

pip, thanks for all the help with the dentist, feeling a wee bit sore today with all the prodding as it was just a root and a small bit of tooth, i have another three like that,it has been caused by the grinding, and i blame the citalopram for that, but im sure i will be able to brave all he treatment i need this time, bank holiday weekend so another well earned rest for you, not a great forecast, but at least youll have some time with your partner and freddie, hope you have a good day .xx

paul where are you, are you ok xx

kitty, laura, maria, mr w, and all the gang how are you all ?

going out today for lunch with my son and his girl, and my parents, quite looking forward to that, then maybe hit the shops if it stays dry, feeling a bit flat this morning, but i know its the stress of yesterday, as i was exhausted when i got home, take care all of you :hugs:

TJSMITH
24-08-12, 10:52
Hi all
Quick check in, well bloody hell what a bumpy road felt so bad two days ago then probably one of best yesterday bloody strange.
Joy I will Defo try next time.

My little mans birthday today and little girls mon plus their two parties in between so busy busy.

Hope everyone ok. Hugs to all.

william wallace
24-08-12, 11:20
Fine here Pink, Holly coming for the weekend so I'll post some pics. She's getting so pretty and such a wee tomboy, loves rough and tumble.
I'm good(ish) and Sandra feeling a bit better too so hope it continues.
Scottish bear:hugs:all round

joy
24-08-12, 12:08
Had a nice day with Dr g. Mainly cbt stuff. As expected he is not happy about the ankles so changing me to risperidone but not til next week as i have a busy weekend.. grandsons naming day etc and doesnt want to rock the boat. got some homework to do for him about anxiety.

glad sandra is feeling better ww and you have a lovely time with Holly ww.

if anyone is in touch with laura,how is she?

love joy

Sober2000june
24-08-12, 13:12
Hi all,

day 29 on 225mg still working hard to get there. Evenings are usually not bad.

Slowfish,

I read a NHS doc this morning that advises that "Patients should have an adequate trial of 225mg of venlafaxine for at least 4 weeks before increasing the dose beyond 225mg".

I see my GP monday havent been face to face for about 4 weeks. The Shrink i was hoping to see has retired so i have the name of another one who one of my AA group members recommends(saw him private). I should be able to get him on NHS as he practices out of local Hosp.

Joy, Laura is in same boat as me and crossing of the days on the 225mg calendar:)
pink pip goos to see you are still shining the light for us all.

nicola1980
24-08-12, 13:42
Mr W so pleased Sandra is feeling a bit better :hugs: Joy pleased you got on ok with the Dr G and fingers crossed the risperdone works as well as the olanzapine for you, Tracy :birthday: to your little boy, Pink hope you have a good day :D Paul hope you get some relief soon :hugs: and to everyone else :grouphug:
Im having a relxing afternoon as jack gone to the cinema with my sister :D cpn was pleased with my progress and said to expect these blips like i had last week as its all part and parcel of our recovery from anxiety but eventually they will get less and less as our confidence builds and altho we will always have a bad day like everyone does we will be able to deal with rationally instead of going into a blind panic which i always do at the min!! xx

Coni
24-08-12, 15:32
Hi everyone, hope you are all ok?

Am having a bit of a down couple of days at the moment and feeling slightly paranoid (am rubbish mum, rubbish friend, rubbish employee etc etc).

And have had a persistent headache for the last 4-5 days and I cant seem to shift it. I think I have been much more prone to headaches since starting venlafaxine, has anyone else found this?

Slowfish, I had to reduce from 225mg to 150mg because the sweats were unbearable. They are still very annoying and embarrassing but I guess I'll have to put up with that for now.

I feel a bit disheartened at the moment.....i'd dearly love to stop all the medication, but am also scared of being med free in case my recovery isnt 'real'! And I dont want to have to rely on these for ever . And thats not counting the actual process of coming off everything and how to actually do it! I feel like Ive been on medication of one kind or another for about 2 years!

I cant afford to be ill with this ever again.....I'll get sacked for one thing! And not sure my hubby would put up with it all again.

Sorry......not exactly a cheery post :huh:.

Anyway hope you all have a great weekend....I don't think we get this holday up here, but hope the weathers nice anyway :).

Take care everyone

x

Pipkin
24-08-12, 21:07
Hi everyone and happy bank holiday weekend,

Having a nice (hopefully) meal cooked for me tonight by the other half so I'm banished from the kitchen for a while and thought I'd check in. Been out with the hound and got drenched today - typical bank holiday weather.

Pink - hope your tooth's ok. Don't forget to gargle with salt water and, of course, you shouldn't be smoking :winks:. Sounds strange but I like the ache after having a tooth out because it reminds me that it's the last time I'll get any grief from there. With your new-found dentist bravery, you'll soon have a mouth full of perfect gnashers!

Nicola - very sounds words from your CPN. That's exactly what I think and that it's important not to think it's all going wrong if we have a bad day.

WW - hope you're having fun with Holly. Always lovely to have a little one around (and then give them back!). I love my niece and nephew and wish they didn't live on the other side of the country as I don't see them enough.

Coni - I don't have headache problems with ven but I know that others do. You might get on a bit better on the reduced dose. It's strange how some people get the sweats and others don't. My persistent problem is just the teeth grinding which gives me tooth and jaw ache. The dentist's going to make me a splint if it carries on.

Paul - yep, my light's still shining. Are you feeling better than you did before starting ven? You seem to be carrying on doing everything you want to but I guess you're a fighter like the rest of us and refuse to give in!

Joy - good luck with your new meds. It's probably a good idea to wait a week as sometimes they can make you feel a bit odd at first, as you know!

Kitti - decided to take the plunge yet? Tuesday is V day? We'll look after you and you'll be fine!

Tracy - hope you're ok and enjoying the weekend so far.

Maria, Ben, Kate - how are you all?

Sorry if I've missed anyone - this thread is very popular these days! A big hello to all the rest of my ven (and non-ven) buddies.

Take care

Pip x

nicola1980
25-08-12, 08:49
Morning everyone :) Coni i get them feelings of being a rubbish mum, wife, daughter etc :mad: i also get more headcahes since being on the ven too.
Well i was up at 5 again :mad: went back to bed but just tossed and turned so got up and did some jobs and im knackered now and ready to go back to bed lol!!
Hows everyone else today? am missing Laura on here :weep: xx

william wallace
25-08-12, 11:22
Morning folks, here's Holly last night in Lidl seeing a butternut squash for the first time:D
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Vy3tBgodJh4/UDilEnNkY2I/AAAAAAAABmQ/HUkDGRN7hB8/s1600/P1010742.JPG

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Note the drool, she's cutting her third tooth:)

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

This is what I woke up to at 0730 this morning:)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xpQxoOQ8Xms/UDilPSWzx-I/AAAAAAAABmY/godIOydWZA4/s1600/P1010748.JPG

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Swingin:D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-n0vA2MO-vWE/UDikxIycgQI/AAAAAAAABl8/xALU-yzUG1Y/s1600/P1010734.JPG

TJSMITH
25-08-12, 11:28
What a cutie, I'm so broody again lol

Coni
25-08-12, 12:02
Morning everyone (just lol)!

What a gorgeous wee girl....I miss that stage of childhood, mines are all grown up now.
Another headache today Nicola, though possibly for a different reason as we were at a family party last night lol! That's something I would have done anything to get out of only six months ago....more evidence of progress.

Don't feel so negative and flat today......I think I maybe need to keep revisiting some of the stuff I did with my psychologist.....noticing thoughts, looking at evidence etc. I think sometimes I get complacent about all that stuff and it would be so easy to slip back into old negative spirals.

Nothing much planned for the weekend.....ironing mainly unfortunately (I have a tendency to ignore ironing till I cant ignore it any longer and it starts taking over the cupboard). You know its bad when you find clothes that everyone had forgotten about lol!:unsure:

Its bright(ish) here today so here's hoping the rain stays away.

hope everyones ok

x

Sober2000june
25-08-12, 16:25
hi all,

still plodding away.

Pip i am better on ven than i was on SSRIs but seem to have less interest in doing things than i did on MIRT. Maybe cus you get the nor epinephrine acroos the board with Mirtazapine. Still very flat and see my GP on Monday. Holding onto it can take upto 12 weeks at theraputic dose for big improvement.

take care all

spawn
25-08-12, 16:56
Hi all, thought I would say hi!
I'm on day 4 on Ven, so early days.
When should I feel an improvement, I know everyone's different etc
Gav.

Pipkin
25-08-12, 17:14
Hi all,

Good day again for me. Took the dog to training class and offered to take one of their rescue dogs for a walk afterwards. Mid-walk we got caught in the most horrendous thunderstorm - I can't believe how much it rained. Anyway, back now and dried off.

Paul - you're right, it can take a long time and it's just a matter of hanging on in there. You definitely sound better. I know what you mean about the flat mood. I feel like my mood's dulled but, to be honest, that suits me if it stops me feeling depressed which I'm prone to occasionally though it's anxiety that's my main problem by far.

Gav - :welcome: to the thread and the ven club! It took me 2-3 months to feel the full effects but I started to notice an improvement after about 2 weeks. I'm sure others will let you know their experiences too.

Take care

Pip x

Pipkin
26-08-12, 14:39
Hi all,

Very quiet here today - I hope everyone's enjoying the bank holiday weekend. Quite warm here today and no rain which is a million times better than yesterday.

I've been out walking for a few hours and just got back in. Time to put my feet up for an hour or so and finish my book. I was going to have a cheeky glass of wine but it'll just knock me out so I've changed my mind. Maybe later...

Pink - how's the tooth (or at least, where it used to be)? It must be such a relief to get rid of the toothache. You deserve to be taken out for a meal for your bravery - give hubby a nudge if he hasn't treated you yet!

I'm still waiting for us all to be fighting fit so we can go out for a drink. I promised the first round would be on me but I think it could get quite expensive now as we have lots of people posting on here! Just the way I like it :D

I hope everyone's ok.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
26-08-12, 20:10
hi guys, where are you all ? hope you are all busy and feeling well.

pip no more toothache, so thats good, was out on fridaey for a lovely meal, busy yesterday, shopping, been to see my parents today, then out with john, so all in all quite a nice holiday weekend.

gav, no strict time limit for the meds, although i felt a benefit within a couple of weeks, when i eventually got to 150mg it took aroud two months till i felt the full benefit, and they have been the best ad i have had, good luck to you and welcome to our tread xx

i have spoke to laura, and she is just having a bit of time away fom nmp, till she sorts herself out, she is still struggling a bit, but getting on with her life as best she can

pip you sound good just now, really pleased for you, all this walking with freddie must be keeping you superfit, i have been doing a lot of reading lately too, nice to be able to concentrate again. enjoy the rest of the bank holidayxx

hope you are all ok, :hugs: all round xxxx

Pipkin
26-08-12, 20:58
Hi Pink,

I thought I was all on my own here today and that there'd been a ven club trip to the seaside and no-one had told me!

You've had a busy weekend. It's so good to see you enjoying yourself and getting out with the family. You're a million miles from where you were 6 months ago. It shows what sheer determination can do!

A quiet night in for me tonight. Pizza in the oven, dog worn out on the dining room floor and the other half keeping occupied. Sounds like a good night to me!

Hugs and kisses

Pip xxx

william wallace
27-08-12, 10:15
Hi folks, hectic weekend here with Holly on Friday night, and Ollie Saturday night, never had one single minute to myself all weekend. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Got the house to myself today as Sandra's brother has had a falling out with his long term bf and got himself a flat. She's gone to help him get it decorated and sorted out. Thing is, they're such a pair of diva's they're always having tiffs and always get back together, they remind me of Hinge and bloody Bracket sometimes:D

Anyways, hope y'all have a nice day:hugs:

joy
27-08-12, 10:58
Well went to grandsons naming day yesterday and the anxiety kept low even tho the other grandmother who is a very dominate lady completely took over the grandchildren and I didnt get a look in not even a cuddle Grrrrr.
Feel a bit wobbley today tho.

congrats to Nicola on her first wedding anniversary today.

Glad most of you are ok(ish

Love Joy

Catya
27-08-12, 11:05
Hello all.... just popped in. :)
Have stuck with the 20mg Prozac and feeling a little better AND more to the point, the flushes are getting a little better too!!!!!! Prozac helped with these once before. Not sure why one med should and another one makes them worse?? (well for me I mean, not generally...)
If I can't sleep I do take some amitriptyline but dont want to get stuck on that as well. Love to you all. :yahoo:

pinkdove
27-08-12, 11:29
morning guys pip have a ven day out without you....no way, it seems we have all been busy this weekend and thats a good thing, nothing planned as yet for today, but no douby we'll do something as hubby at home tody, have a good day pip :hugs:

mr w as always loved the photo of holly, such a cutie, is it me or is she really like sandra? hope she is feeling a bit better now, helping her brother will keep her occupied, and you have done enough decorating and house sorting, so leave hinge and brackett to it lol, nice to hear you sounding a bit more l like your usuall self, you always make m laugh, have a good day and enjoy the peace and quiet :hugs:

joy, you need to push that bossy boots aside and get the time with your lovely grandson, glad you are feeling a wee bit calmer, hope its the start of things picking up for you xx

nicola happy anniversary hun, look how far you've come wow !!! hope you have a great day with hubby xx

kate nice to hear from you, glad the prozac is helping at last, wish i could get rid of the dreaded sweats, but as the weather has colled this past couple of days, they seem to be a bit better, so maybe i wont spend all winter with them after all, amitriptyline is great for sleep, but when the prozac kicks in fully you will need them less, and they are not as additive as other ad's so shoulnt be a problem, take care and stick with this med hun it seems to be suiting you x

spoke with laura again she is doig quite well still on 225mg of ven, seen her pysc and has no add ons, she is keeping herself busy and getting out more, im sure she'll sign in when she's ready

paul, slowfish, gav, and all the gang hope you are all ok.....tracey where are you hun xx

nicola1980
27-08-12, 11:33
Hi Pink how long did it take for you to settle on the 150mg? ive been on it now just over 6 weeks xx

Tufty
27-08-12, 11:35
Morning all,
Nicola - Happy 1st Anniversary, hope you have a good day.
Joy - how are your ankles? Good to hear you're having some better days.
Mr W - ahh the lovely Holly, is she saying anything yet?
Pinky - Well done at the dentist, good to get your positive posts still.
Pip - that sounds like my kind of Sunday night, but we're having to endure celeb BB - which sadly I'm getting hooked on now. Raining here - taking the dog out before we go to Newquay thou.
Love and hugs to everyone - Paul, Gav and Kate, Laura and Lauz

I've not updated for a while thou still posting and keeping up with your antics! I'm a plodding, slowly getting better, still have off days, dark thoughts and panic but it dosn't escalate or last as long. Taking 6mg Prozac a day - very odd I know but it seems to be working - I'm certainly better than when I was on 20mg and I'm coming up to the 6 month mark on Prozac now. Feeling 80-90% better much of the time with the odd dip to 60% which I can cope with and am happy chugging along.

Happy Bank Holiday to you all x Don't know if you get this one Mr W??
:hugs:Sam

spawn
27-08-12, 11:50
Morning all! on day 6 of ven now and feeling not to great today, i have increased anxiety, dry mouth, hot flushes/sweating, loss of appetite, nausea, lump in throat, trouble sleeping, tingling feeling up back of neck/head, lightheaded and ringing in ears.

Feel like giving up :( are all these side effects normal? i cant face work 2moz like this! :(

Gav.

nicola1980
27-08-12, 11:55
Hi Gav don't give up, i too nearly gave up on day 4 but i carried on and things got better, you've done well getting this far xx

spawn
27-08-12, 11:58
Hi Gav don't give up, i too nearly gave up on day 4 but i carried on and things got better, you've done well getting this far xx

Thanks, i just feel im going backwards again! How long did it take for you to get better? i know everyones different? Are my side effects normal then, and nothing to worry about?
Gav.

nicola1980
27-08-12, 12:06
I only started on one 37.5mg tablet a day and got side effects you mentioned and your on 2 a day! the side effects lasted about a week and with every increase they've come back slightly xx

pinkdove
27-08-12, 12:25
gav nicola is so right, dont give up, it gets better, try to persevere with it, hard i knw but you will get there. have you any diazapm to take te edge off ?

nicola a good 2 months on 150mg and started to feel much better, dont know if i will ever be anxiety free, but can al least live a normal life now, but i feel theres something there in the background......fear i think, never want to go back there again, and i still stick by the fact for me ven has been the best med for me xx

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

sam nice to hear from you hun, and whatever works for you is fine, stick with it, glad you are feeling a bit better xx

spawn
27-08-12, 12:31
I have got some diazepam 2mg and 5mg, i dont like taking them as i feel drowsy on them, i also have some propanolol?

Gav

nicola1980
27-08-12, 12:36
id take a diazepam gav to help you through thats what i did xx

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Thanks Pink :) xx

spawn
27-08-12, 12:37
id take a diazepam gav to help you through thats what i did xx

What dose did u take? thanks

nicola1980
27-08-12, 12:41
5mg as my anxiety was thro the roof xx

Pipkin
27-08-12, 16:15
Hi guys,

Just in from a doggy day at my training school. We went to help them raise some money for their rescue centre. I entered Freddie for the 'dog the judges would most like to take home' category and he came first! Proud dad here!!

Gav - don't give up as you're half way there now. You knew it wouldn't be easy and you're still coping. I took beta blockers for the first few weeks and it really helped the anxiety symptoms but diazepam will do the same. Strangely, going to work really helped me through as it was just the distraction I needed. Once you get there tomorrow, you'll be fine and you'll feel much better tomorrow night for having gone.

As I said before, try your best not to dwell on it. The symptoms you're describing are completely normal and aren't something more serious. They'll pass and when they do, you'll find yourself feeling much better than you did before you started them.

Take care

Pip x

spawn
27-08-12, 16:38
Thanks guys, i really hope ur right! :) im feeling so rubbish, and had alot of stress to deal with today! The problem with my stress/anxiety is that it is caused mainly by my job since i own my own business, i just dont know what to do anymore? and theres no quick fix!

Pipkin
27-08-12, 17:00
Gav,

You're right, there's no quick fix and any meds will only help you so much, the rest is down to sheer determination and positive thinking which I'm sure you can do. Keep your eye on where you will be in a month's time when you will be able to look back and see how much you've improved.

We've all been exactly where you are and have fought through it. Keep posting and we'll give you all the support and encouragement you need.

Pip

pinkdove
27-08-12, 18:10
hi gav, pip is right, we have all been there, and some till are, i know how hard this is to fight, but you will come out of it stronger for getting through it, i took 2mg of diazapam to get me through the rough times, sometimes 4mg, i have also used beta blockers, which also helped. dont be scared to use something to take the edge off, i dont use diazapam much at all now, your gp will make sure you dont get addicted, be kind to yourself dan, and take 1 day at a time.

when you feel a bit better, sit down and try to work out what is most stressfull for you in your business, and maybe try to find a way to make it easier, my illness started when my job was very stressfull, i did the wrong thing and left, on the dr's advice, but i wish i had some sick time, i think i would have recovered quicker with my job to go back too, i iss it so much now.

i know its easy to give advice when we are feeling better, but believe me we have been where you are now, and you will get where we are now. take care :hugs:

spawn
27-08-12, 19:09
Thanks for the support guys.
I took 2mg of diazapam a few hrs ago, but now my heart is pounding and ive got a hot flush? Ive just took another. I have got some 5mg as back up aswell.

Sorry to hijackthe thread as its ment to be about good stories!.. and not me moaning..lol

TJSMITH
27-08-12, 19:30
Hi all

How is everyone been checking in but not posted much as had 2 birthdays and 2 parties for my 9 and 5 yr old over 4 days got am i shattered lol and now got my 5 yr old nephew tonight.

Im ok ish i guess still have the lurking alot, pinkdove do you have this feeling all the time still then??? i was hoping it does go over time am i wrong??

Spawn i took 2mg Diazapam but didnt help me but it is a very small dose as my 8 year old was given more than that after his op, if you need to take more then try it but saying that i been given Lorazapam and still not taken it lol...Am not not on Ven though im on Sertraline but talk to all the guys on here :)

Nicola Happy anniversary hun, hope you ok.

Joy how are you??
Pip you seem to be doing well

Hope eveyone else ok as quiet lately xx

nicola1980
27-08-12, 20:03
Gav you can moan all your like we're here to help you :D well considering its my anniversary ive not had a good day really :weep: had lurking anxiety all day and felt totally shattered so spent the afternoon napping on the sofa lol just had a chinese take away but appetite not good but it never is when im anxious :mad:
Tracy sounds like you've had a busy weekend, hope your kids had a great time :D
lots of love to everyone else xx

william wallace
27-08-12, 20:37
Re. Holly.
Pink, Holly is very like Sandra, right down to the auburn hair and smile.
Sam, she says maimy, dada, car, gandad, ganny, bumbobee, meggy, pussycat to name but a few, she can also whistle:Dand yes I can feel your hug, and getting all hot and bothered as usual:winks:

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

Happy Anniversary Nic, here's one for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0qD0ejB79k

pinkdove
27-08-12, 20:45
tracey, no i dont have the feeling all the time, when im occupied , out and about, talking to people reading, watching telly im fine, its just sometimes with my own thoughts i overthink, why i am so well ? will this come back ? but i know how to get through it now, and i dont give it a chance to make me anxious, what i meant is i think i'll always have some anxiety, as it has been such a rough ride, and i must admit i do get scared it will come back, but i dont dwell on it now, hope this helps xxx

pip bye the way well done freddie, one of my wee dogs got a first in a dog show for the waggiest tail a red rossette, i was so proud too, and he never lost that fast waggly tail lol xx

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

oh and gav come here and have moan anytime you want we all do, we're al here for you good times and bad xx

TJSMITH
27-08-12, 20:53
Thanks Pink for clarifying that lol... i get scared about never being normal.
I have brief periods of being myself im so praying that will gret longer and longer but still alot of struggling too, been on Sert 10 weeks now and plan to give 6 months then change to Ven if still not happy.
I love hearing that people eventually reclaim thier life :)

Thanks Nic, i still have two 5 year old awake in bed i will be asleep before them at this rate lol xxx

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

ps my daughter has auburn hair too, would post a pic but not a clue on how to do lol

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=4195401958870&set=a.1986118648168.2116699.1099321066&type=3&theater

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

a link to aa pic the best i can do lol

pinkdove
27-08-12, 21:08
aw tracey she is so lovely, hair just like my wee niece, love all your photo's they're fab.

you will be normal again, slowly but surely things will get back to normal xx

joy
27-08-12, 21:19
tracy thanks for asking
i'm up and down as per usual, coped with grandsons naming day yesterday but today i'm all wobbley again.saw shrink on fri and hes not happy tht my ankles are still swollen so writing to shrink to change olanzapine to rispiridone.

nic Sorry you havent had a good day

pink please give laura my love. is she any better on the 225mg .

Love Joy

TJSMITH
27-08-12, 21:46
Ah thanks pink she was 5 today cant believe where time has gone.

Joy :hugs:always think of you as road tough enough but you still seem to keep positive and always look on bright side ie seeing your lovely Dr x

kittikat
28-08-12, 10:20
Hello,

I have just taken my first Ven - wish me luck, I am scared :scared15: Will update during the day.

Hope you are all feeling good, hugs to everyone, Kitti :)

pinkdove
28-08-12, 10:25
hi kitti, good luck on your first day to recovery :D i had no problem starting ven, so please just get on with your day, try not to overthink everything, you'll be just fine, and we're all here for you, by far the best ad ive taken, little or no side effects, hope you are the same xxxx

nicola1980
28-08-12, 10:26
Good luck kitti im sure you'll be fine :hugs: keep posting and we'll help you through, its so scarey starting new meds xx

spawn
28-08-12, 10:29
Good luck kitti, keep us posted! :)

kittikat
28-08-12, 11:13
Thank you all so much....just feeling a little spaced atm, nothing I can't handle yet!!

:hugs: :hugs::hugs: to you all xxx

Tufty
28-08-12, 11:29
Just reading back through yesterdays posts
Hope you're OK Spawn - I take Propanolol and Diazepam - 4mg has always done the trick - when starting new meds and in the position that you've been in. It's such a horrible feeling and if distraction doesn't help these meds are excellent, I believe the mental scarring and the memories of terror from these episodes are damaging - it takes me a while to get over them and anything that helps is good.

Ahh.... Gandad and bumbobee - I hope they're not typing errors Mr W, they are so sweet. Have you got anymore work to do on your sons place?

Hi Kitti, sending you good vibes and :hugs: starting a new med can be a worrying time, well done for making that move x

Pip, Well done Freddie and you, I bet you're really pleased. I'm taking the lovely Pepper to her first dog show on Saturday, I'm a bit worried because at 6 months old she's still 'mouthing' and jumping up at people - she's getting better and she's positively perfect in every other way:D but I don't think the judges will be impressed if they go to pet her and she does either. Any top tips to stop either of these?

Love and :hugs:to all you Vensters
Sam

Coni
28-08-12, 11:52
Morning everyone,

Kitti good luck with your first day of venlafaxine, you'll do just fine. I was very scared of it too at first but just take each day (or half day, or hour) as it comes. I think I felt a bit spaced to begin with too. As Pink says try not too think about it too much.

Pip, well done to your dog lol! I have a wee dog (a lhasa apso) who looks very cute, bit is very wary of strangers so no way would he ever win a popularity contest lol (he is very affectionate with family though). He's getting on a bit now, he's 10 and has cataracts in both eyes so cant see very much. He manages well though, apart from the odd mishap of walking into walls or falling down a step or two. And he HATES walking, he has always been so lazy......he just sits down when he's had enough and refuses to budge, or he starts holding up one paw as if his feet are sore lol!

I had a major breakthrough yesterday, I booked a pilates class at the sports centre and actually managed to go. Going to things and socialising, especially when I dont know people is one of my major hurdles and though I was very tempted to cancel, but I didnt. And it actually wasn't half as bad as I thought it was and I def felt better afterwards....I think my hubby nearly collapsed in shock when I actually went through with it lol! There are so many things I would like to do but don't because of this anxiety!

Hugs to everyone X