PDA

View Full Version : from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Pipkin
28-08-12, 13:03
Hi all,

On my lunch break and thought I'd check in to see how you're all doing.

Kitti - good luck. You've now joined our exclusive club! You're going to be fine.

Coni - well done. You're doing great. Your poor little doggy! It made me laugh about the walking and sore feet though!

Sam - Freddie's only 5 months and is still doing all the puppy behaviour. I ignore the play biting and just move my hand away. If he carries on, I stand up and turn my back on him (which he hates) and if he still carries on, he gets put on a short lead and held in one place until he calms down. He doesn't get fussed either unless he has 4 paws on the ground. The hard thing there is stopping strangers doing it. They'll get the message eventually. I also find the more tired he is, the better his behaviour so you could take yours for a long walk before the show.

Gav - I'm replying to your other posts. Keep your chin up and keep distracted at work. I predict you'll be starting to feel better by the weekend. Don't let it beat you.

For those of you who haven't already replied, a few words of support for Gav (spawn) would be greatly appreciated by him. He's having a really hard time with the start-up effects. We've all been there!

Take care

Pip x

kittikat
28-08-12, 13:10
Thanks everyone for the good luck messages :hugs: feeling a little euphoric atm...very strange :D

Good luck Gav, I hope it gets better for you & have PM'd you back...thanks for your support too.

Sober2000june
28-08-12, 16:28
Gav,

Just keep going and try to live one day at a time. Remeber yesterday is guilt and tomorrow is fear. keep it in the day:)

Paul

patricias
28-08-12, 16:41
i have not been on this site for ages, because i feel so much better in myself and i would say that it is because i swopped from citalapram to venafaxine

joy
28-08-12, 17:28
not having a good day. medium high anxiety and i was ok at the weekend. tired of the roller coaster. was on duty at the charity shop which distracted a bit i suppose.

love joy

miraiiro
28-08-12, 17:37
Hullo!

Not sure if I should post here or not, since the title of the thread asks for good stories only, but I thought I ought to give it a try anyway. Like Kitti, I have also just started taking Venlafaxine today and was terrified after a very bad experience on Sertraline a few months ago. I'm also rather sensitive to medication in general, according to my doctor, so I really wasn't looking forward to starting up another anti depressant that I knew would probably make me ill for a while. With Sertraline, I began feeling side effects pretty quickly (within four or five hours of taking my first pill), but so far my first day on Venlafaxine hasn't been nearly as bad. I have a headache, but I get those a lot anyway, felt a bit sick earlier and I'm starting to lose my appetite already, plus I started feeling really anxious all of a sudden about fifteen minutes ago, which hasn't gone away yet. I was hoping my psychiatrist would prescribe me something along with the Venaflaxine for if it initially made my anxiety worse, but he said no. Luckily, I have an appointment with my GP on Friday so I might be able to get something from him to help if I need it. I have four x 2mg of Diazepam that I was prescribed a couple of months ago and have kept hold of in case of emergencies, so I suppose that's one option if things get any worse. I'm still really worried in case they do, and I know I should try to take things easy and not get so stressed out, but I live alone and don't really have anyone to give me support or advice, so it can be very difficult sometimes. I've got a couple of helpline numbers handy in case I need to talk to someone (or cry at them, ahaha), and I suppose the Samaritans are always there. When I called my community mental health team earlier to ask if they had an out of hours number or anything else I could ring, but all they said was to call NHS Direct. Not very useful, but it's always an option I guess.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and good luck to all the other people who have recently begun taking Venlafaxine! I hope it goes well for us! :)

nicola1980
28-08-12, 18:16
Hi Miraiiro and :welcome: your more than welcome on this thread, we're all here to help each other through :D looks like ven is the flavour of the month at the min everyone seems to be having it prescribed!!
Well after a not so good a day yesterday i felt ok today, hubby off work for the week so we went out for lunch and then to a country park for a walk round, just nipped up my mums with a bunch of flowers as they had a funeral today of a close friend and she was very upset so thought the flowers might cheer her up a bit which they did :) can't get used to hubby sharing my bed tho......he works nights usually lol!!! xx

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

not having a good day. medium high anxiety and i was ok at the weekend. tired of the roller coaster. was on duty at the charity shop which distracted a bit i suppose.

love joy
Oh i hate this rollercoaster too......i WANT to get off...was never one for rides anyway!!! :hugs: xx

Pipkin
28-08-12, 18:41
Hi Miraiiro and :welcome: to the club,

We seem to be on a recruitment drive at the moment! Don't worry, it doesn't have to be just good stories - we all support each other through good and bad. As you and Kitti have started on the same day, you're in the perfect position to compare notes.

There are lots of us here with good experiences on ven, and some who it didn't work for. I guess the moral of the story is that you don't know unless you try and you've taken the leap. When it does work, it's a great drug and has certainly helped me no end.

Keep posting on here and let us know how you're doing.

Take care

Pip xx

Sober2000june
28-08-12, 18:49
Eve all,

Thur will be 5 weeks at 225mg and 11weeks no diaz. Really love to say i am getting better, but just seem to be making no headway. Cannot concentrate in work, headaches, yawning followed by nausea and sweating for scotland. Hoping to get another shrink in the forseeable future. I feel i am doing all the right things but really not impressed with where i am at after 5 months on this. Im just holding onto it can take 12 weeks at therapeutic dose

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

sorry for the moan but just fed up with this as i will be commencing my second year of this soon

miraiiro
28-08-12, 19:20
Hi Miraiiro and :welcome: to the club,

We seem to be on a recruitment drive at the moment! Don't worry, it doesn't have to be just good stories - we all support each other through good and bad. As you and Kitti have started on the same day, you're in the perfect position to compare notes.

There are lots of us here with good experiences on ven, and some who it didn't work for. I guess the moral of the story is that you don't know unless you try and you've taken the leap. When it does work, it's a great drug and has certainly helped me no end.

Keep posting on here and let us know how you're doing.

Take care

Pip xx

Hi Pipkin and thank you very much for the welcome! You've replied to a couple of my comments before and I know Venlafaxine has been a big help for you, so I hope it brings me some of the same benefits at some point. First I just need to get through the side effects, but they're still manageable at this stage.

Kitti and I have been PM'ing each other and we're actually comparing notes at the moment on how our first day on Venlafaxine has gone, so it is reassuring to have that bit of extra support (not to mention someone to complain to when things get tough, ahaha). And everyone on this forum is so kind and lovely! I feel better already just by being on here.

Thank you once again for your response!:)

Tufty
28-08-12, 20:12
:welcome: Mira, I hope the anxiety is tolerable this evening, you can get lots of support on here, it's great that Kitti and you are in close contact too - you don't have to go through it alone.

:yesyes: Coni, well done for getting to pilates, I've never done that, was it any good?

Pip - we're having the same issue with Pepper with strangers, she's fine with us but its everyone else:) Everyone says 'ahh how lovely, a puppy' in that high pitched, sweet voice and she thinks that's a cue to jump up on their beige trousers with muddy paws and chew their hands that they dangle down temptingly! Dog savvy people understand but some people look at me like I'm a she devil for yelling 'NO, DOWN' in my sternest voice. Having a pup definately brings a mixed bag of joy and stress.

Dearest Joy :hugs::hugs::hugs: :hugs: well done for doing your shift. Hope tomorrow is alittle easier for you x

Paul - moan away - you're entitled to after what you've been through. Were you any better on a lower dose of Ven?

Patri - good to hear a positive Ven account x

Hugs and love to everyone else
Sam x

bexy1970
28-08-12, 20:54
so glad i came across this thread,i was terrified of the swap so quickly,but everything seems posotive!! i hope so.so much,xx

kittikat
28-08-12, 21:00
Hi Bexy, I'm new to Ven too....everyone here really supportive so you won't be alone.

Good luck hun... Kitti :)

Sober2000june
28-08-12, 21:09
I wonder if i'll be able to keepon the venla as my BP is now up

nicola1980
28-08-12, 21:23
Hi bexy and welcome :D paul ven can cause high blood pressure :mad: x x

Sober2000june
28-08-12, 21:29
My doc recons its the weight , but ive been this weight before wtih no BP issues. It'll be the 225 for sure

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

he wasnt going to take my bp it was me who mentioned

Pipkin
28-08-12, 22:02
Bexy - hello and :welcome: You've joined a great thread and lots of people have the same experience as you. Pinkdove started this thread for exactly the same reason that you're posting. I'm sure she'll be able to give you benefit of her experience. Good luck!

Paul - my GP checked my blood pressure for the first few months as it's a known side effect. How high was it?

Pip x

kittikat
28-08-12, 22:32
Well it seems I have survived my first day on Ven and I am enjoying being in the 'Ven club' you have all been a great help to me :hugs:

First thing I was a little shaky, then a 'euphoric trip' for about 5 hours, wow, that was interesting lol :wacko: major palps, very dry mouth, no appetite...a bit lightheaded , dizzy and slightly uncoordinated. Anxiety up a bit now & a little shaky but very tired too.

All fairly manageable so far and better than my previous experiences of anti d's so far....I know it's early days, but I am going to stay as positive as I can :yesyes:

Kitti :)

Sober2000june
29-08-12, 10:28
Pip, I think he said my Systolic was 150.

Considering my BP has always been fine this'll be interesting. wa told to keep going with 225 oh and "run fat boy run!".

started to try and be more frugal with my diet also

pinkdove
29-08-12, 10:29
:welcome: bexy and mira, you are so welcome here good or bad stories,and patrica for a positive post too:D im glad you are all supporting each other, its a great way to get through it, i myself had little side effects when starting vem just a bit withdrwawal from the cit, but nothing i could'nt handle, now its just the sweats that i have, and they are not there all the time, good luck to you all, you are all starting your first steps to recovery xxx

paul if you can try and stick it out to the 12 week mark i think you will get there. your blood pressure should be checked as nicola says ven can raise blood pressure, so good thinking by you, sometimes i despair of some gp's. really hope you have a better day today, keep going paul, one day at a time xx

joy hope you feel better today and well done getting to the charity shop xx

nicola glad you are feeling a bit better now, and dong so much more than you did a month ago xx

sam my rosie is 6 years ols and such a cutie, but is not very friendly with strangers, like you they come up and say how lovely she is, she just gives a growl and turns her back on them.....such a diva, but she has been a great help to me in my recovery would'nt be without her, hope you are feeling a bit better hun xx

pip, the sweats oh the sweats, i was thinking of lowering the dose a bit after my hospital appointment in september, but as you know i take 150mg effexor xl. and don't want to half the dose all at once, maybe you could advise me which dose would be best to reduce to, and how you think it might affect me, a big ask i know, but i do feel much better now, dont want to come of them, i've made that mistake before, but a reduction might just help the sweats. hope you are well pip xx

to everyone else hope you all have a good day.....mr w are you ok ?

Sober2000june
29-08-12, 10:32
It's got to be the meds.

Dont drink, never smoked, dont take caffiene, eat quite healthy (steamed vegs, brown rice etc...) have fish at least 12 meals per week(includingbreakfast) very little processed food no late nights take my meds at same time. There's always ECT i suppose

pinkdove
29-08-12, 10:38
paul etc? i am the same as you but i do smoke, and my diet could be better, never take caffine, try to keep active, what is the worse thing you have to handle on the 225mg dose ?

william wallace
29-08-12, 10:50
ECT Pink = Electro Convulsive Therapy where they give a high voltage shock to your brain via electrodes placed on your head. Very popular in the 90's and before, and quite effective for folks who didnt respond to meds:)

Sober2000june
29-08-12, 11:02
Dont think "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" did it many favours:wacko:

william wallace
29-08-12, 11:08
True very true, but when I spent a couple of weeks in hospital back in the early 90's there were quite a few folks getting it and at very least it gave them a break from anxiety and madness for a few days. Apparently it's quite exhausting and leaves you too tired to be crazy......

Sober2000june
29-08-12, 11:13
not a big fan of the tiredness/ crazy feelings as day goes on.the fact that im wondering if im more depressed also seem more agitated. I can tolerate the sweats at mo but ive accepted they may be the norm on this dose as my Counselor friend says in her experience they are a constant on 225

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

i believe they induce fits under anaesthetic

pinkdove
29-08-12, 11:40
oh guys, your frighteing the life outa me, mr w that must hve been horible to see, dont want to think about it, and paul no way will they do that to you, you are functioning although not 100% you are getting there.

so its etc as i know it electrical shock treatment :scared15: .....honestly i'd rather die

Coni
29-08-12, 12:22
Hi everyone and welcome mira and bexy (dont feel right saying that as I havent been on this thread myself very long lol)

We've got thunder here this morning and its soooo scary! Strangely the dog hasnt roused from his slumber lol!

Sam, pilates was good. No jumping around but lots of stretching and small movements and lovely relaxing music. I swear I was taller when I came out than before I started:)!

Pink Im the same with the sweats. When they're not too bad I think its fine, but if I have a bad sweaty episode then I start to think about coming off them. Coming down form 225 to 150 has helped a bit though.

Its good that there are people who are starting out together. I wish Id come on here when I started taking ven.

Its funny because as i read the posts I realise I had forgotten about some of the side effects I had, like the yawning and the nausea so theres hope guys that these will pass. Still get the headaches though which can be a 'pain' (pardon the pun :))

I go back to work tomorrow after a long spell of being off (4 months, not anxiety related) and Im absolutely terrified! Actually felt really panicky and agitated last night and hardly slept. I find it so hard to be rational when I feel like this...my mind is full of thoughts of not coping, what if I make a mistake, what if I lose my job then my home then we'll be homeless and the kids lives will be ruined and its all my fault and I cant bear the thought of them being ashamed of me. I cant go through the rest of my working life like this, i cant be off sick again or I will lose my job and my colleagues must be so sick of me as it is so I'm pretending I'm great even to family, but inside I'm a mess. Sorry, that was a bit of a moan there but I'm honestly so scared! And then I think how can I ever hope to be free of medication when I still have the capacity to feel like this when I'm on meds!

Ok moan over, sorry again. Thunder seems to have stopped meantime. Hope everyone has a good day and kitti and mira and bexy are ok.

Hugs to everyone x

nicola1980
29-08-12, 12:52
Hi all, well im getting really nervous and anxious over my son starting secondary school on tuesday :ohmy: its on my mind constantly the what if's etc, it seems such a huge step and im so scared for him, its a lovely purpose built school with a fantastic reputation, people move to the area just for the school but i keep getting those irrational thoughts about it :mad: im so dreading tuesday, of course im not letting him know how im feeling and ive prepared him as best i can for the change etc and hes fine with it its just me!!! xx

Tufty
29-08-12, 13:21
Hi, How's everyone doing.

Coni - Pilates sounds good, I like the idea of feeling a bit taller - I could pretend my BMI was normal if I was a just a few inches taller! I had 12 weeks off work earlier this year, 2 weeks before returning I was the best I'd been but in the 48 hours before and 5 days of working I crashed and thought OMG, that's it I can't work etc. etc. just like you're doing at the mo. 3 months on and I'm OK, work is actually easier than staying at home, I'm distracted from worrying about how I feel, focused on my job and stay in the moment. I think it's normal to be anxious about returning to work, it shows you care about your job and performance. Try not to think about the worst case scenario - picture yourself returning to work and being calm and capable. Take time in the next week to do some relaxation, breath deeply and treat yourself kindly.

Paul - It's the diastolic, the bottom reading of your BP that needs to be consistenly high for you to consider dropping the Ven. 150 would be the systolic/top reading and this is at the high end of normal. Is your GP rechecking it again? A one off high reading is normal, signs of constant high blood pressure include headaches, nose bleeds and vision problems - if you get any of these symptoms go back to see him. 12 fish meals a week, WOW, that's alot, you sound like you really take care of yourself.
I've seen ECT from both sides as a nurse watching patients having it and as a patient on a psychi ward - I never had it myself but saw the patients immediately after. It's not pleasant from either side but it works and I would consider it if nothing else worked. It was suggested to me years ago and I refused but if I was in that position again, of being meds resistant, I would have it. It is one of the last treatment options considered and is not undertaken lightly, I think you'd never be 100% sure about having it, fear of the unknown and all that but if its an option and you've tried everything else, consider it. Most people dismiss it without finding out more about it, do some research into it and find out if it's for you. It's painless, you have a light general anaesthetic which carries its own risk and most people have varying degress of memory loss.
I don't mean to and apologise for scaring anyone by talking about ECT but knowledge enables empowerment, we are all responsible for our own health, both mental and physical.

Chucking it down here too, taking the children to see 'The Watch' at the cinema, the trailers look funny and then doing a roastie tonight - it's like a winters day!
Take Care all
Sam

miraiiro
29-08-12, 16:51
Thanks for the welcome, samhar70, pinkdove and Coni! Hello also to another new starter, Bexy! I hope you're doing well so far with your first couple of days on Venlafaxine.

As for me, well, things have been good and bad. They're good in that I seem to be tolerating Venlafaxine better than Sertraline (although it is still very early days yet), but bad in that the side effects are very similar (loss of appetite, nausea, insomia, awful headache, feeling like I have a really bad cold). The anxiety wasn't too bad for once this morning, but my mood has been quite low. I only slept for less than an hour last night, so I hope I get a bit more tonight. I'm shattered already, and it's not even 5pm yet! Also, my pupils have been dilated since I started taking Venlafaxine. It makes me look really weird, ahaha.

How's everyone doing? It's been raining all day where I am, although it stopped a bit earlier and the sun came out for a few minutes before disappearing again. I actually had the heating on for a bit this morning, I was so cold. It feels like winter is here already! :weep:

Coni
29-08-12, 17:05
Thanks Sam, are you still working at the moment? I'll probably be fine once I'm there (I think), its just the uncertainty and imagining all the possible horrors. I have a real fear of making mistakes at work and worry that while I'm off something terrible may have happened which is my fault and no one is telling me till I go back.

Am going to go to zumba tonight to try and tire myself out and distract myself a bit so hopefully I'll sleep better.

This time tomorrow my first day will be over.

Mira, I had forgotten about the dilated pupils as well, I remember thinking I looked strange lol! But it does go, or maybe I'm just used to it lol.

X

Pipkin
29-08-12, 19:03
Hi all,

Yes, the dilated pupils, I remember them well :scared15:!

Well, I'm sitting here like a drowned rat having decided that the dog wouldn't mind the rain so why should I? It's absolutely pouring down and cold too. And all I can smell is wet dog.. Still, if that's all I've got to complain about, I should think myself lucky!

How are all our recently-recruited ven buddies doing? I know you're all going to feeling a bit shaky but, as we've all said, it does get better. All I can say is to rest when you can, make sure you're eating, even if you don't feel like it and have to force something down (cereal's a good bet), and try and get out to enjoy what's left of the glorious British summer. The fuzzy head and nausea are the first things to go so hang on in there.

Pink - not sure I can give you any specific advice about the sweats. I suppose the things to consider are which is worse, the sweats or how you felt before? And we're moving into autumn which will be cooler so that might help a bit. Personally, I wouldn't risk changing your dose when you're feeling so much better but I can imagine that the sweats are pretty nasty. Strange that it's supposed to help hot flushes, not cause them! I wonder if there's anything your GP can suggest to help? Is this what you look like :blush:? xx

Off to try and settle the wet pooch down for a while so that I can get half an hour's peace.

Too many of us to reply to all of you at the minute but I'll try as the days go by and a big hug to you all :hugs:

Take care

Pip xxx

Pipkin
29-08-12, 19:08
Now the sun comes out. Grrrr!

Pip :mad:

bexy1970
29-08-12, 20:23
thank you every one,today been ok,remembered ive been on theses meds years ago and they were good,bn a bit vacant today but im ok x

kittikat
29-08-12, 20:52
Hi all,

Well, day 2 - I hardly slept last night and feel quitey low and wobbly today. Also no appetite and a bit sicky. I was rather looking forward to another 'high' but I never got one!! Head is a bit fuzzy, possibly to do with lack of sleep? I have dozed on the sofa alot today, zero energy, anxiety up a bit but all pretty manageable so far :yesyes:

bexy...I think I know what you mean by vacant, that's quite a good way to describe how I feel at the moment.

Kitti :)

Tufty
29-08-12, 21:10
Coni - Yes, I'm still working, it helps me to have some routine and normality in my days. It was a bit of a struggle at first but it has got much easier as my confidence has returned. I have had those thoughts about having done something wrong at work, nobody liking me, being incompetent and more but now I am returning to my normal self I no longer have these paranoid thoughts. Hope you had a good Zumba, well done for getting out there and not letting anxiety stop you.

Mira - hopefully you're sleeping peacefully by now following the lack of sleep last night. We're sat on the sofa watching TV with a blanket over us because we're so cold, I've even got my bedsocks on!

:welcome: Bexy, Were you a 1970 babe by any chance? Good to hear you're OK today.

Ahh, ha ha Pip, we waited all day for the rain to stop to take Pep out. We didn't get wet but she's covered in mud now (and sticky buds all over her) as she went in every puddle but is now flaked out. So I'm planning to bath her tomorrow ready for the dog show on Saturday.

Love Sam x

Pipkin
29-08-12, 21:41
Sam - I'm a 1970 baby too...

Pip x

Tufty
29-08-12, 21:56
I blame our parents then. Must of been something they were doing - drugs, drink, rock and roll - I don't know but so many people I went to school with have mental health problems - I'm quite sane in comparison to most people I know our (young) age x:roflmao:

Pipkin
29-08-12, 23:17
I blame our parents then. Must of been something they were doing - drugs, drink, rock and roll - I don't know but so many people I went to school with have mental health problems - I'm quite sane in comparison to most people I know our (young) age x:roflmao:

I think it was a combination of the Beatles splitting up, power cuts, and brown and orange flowery wallpaper. It must have affected us in the womb...

Tufty
30-08-12, 12:31
That'll be it - I had orange and brown circular, almost psychadelic wallpaper in my bedroom (think spirograph type pattern). I remember it vividly and used to 'study' it when going to sleep, I can definately blame my parents for all my problems in life just like my son thinks he can do to me :)
Where's everyone today?
I've just got in from a long dog walk, in the sun, - because the sun shines on the good don't you know Pip!
Hope everybody's OK
Sam

Sober2000june
30-08-12, 13:47
Sam,

I'm not sure what the diastolic no was, do you happen to know if boots have BP machines in store or do you have to buy one? Also getting headaches again last few weeks. Also never slept as well last night:weep:.Just hoping by my next appt my GP will have heard from the shrink he wrote to. really toiling today as this is approaching a yr i have had this and med no 4 and to be honest the jury is out on this. I jus t wish i felt attached to the world again. this is so lonelyand demoralising. I think my anx is starting to kick in again. been of the diaz over 11 weeks but not sure thats going to last at this rate:wacko:

sorry about the moan, but i can only share my truth.

Take care,

Paul:hugs:

miraiiro
30-08-12, 17:00
samhar70 - I still didn't get much sleep last night, unfortunately. I managed two hours this time, and I've been completely shattered all day long. Let's hope tonight will be better! And yes, it really has been cold lately. I had to put on my winter coat today (in August!) because it was so chilly when I went out this morning, sob.

My third day on Venlafaxine has gone surprisingly well, aside from the insomnia. I don't feel sick anymore, the flu-like symptoms have gone and I even managed to get a bit of my appetite back. I still have a headache, but I suppose I can't expect everything to go well. I was a bit suspicious about feeling better already, but then the anxiety had to go and remind me how bad it still is. I'm kind of worried the side effects might suddenly return with a vengeance, but I'll try to stay positive and hope tomorrow will go just as well.

Thank you very much for all the well wishes and reassurances! I really appreciate them. :)

nicola1980
30-08-12, 18:09
Hi guys, good grief theres alot of us on here now, the more the merrier :D sending :hugs: to everyone thats not having a good day :hugs: well ive had a child free day and now got a child free night thanks to my mum and dad so me and hubby went out for lunch and im just going to chill tonight i think, been feeling v tired lately and been needing a nap in the afternoon but i guess its my body recovering from this damn anxiety!!! wheres Joy and Pinkdove??? Laura if you read this im thinking about you and sending you a :bighug1: miss you on here xx

Pipkin
30-08-12, 18:26
Hi all,

One day until the weekend and I can't wait. I've been really tired this week and even resorted to a couple of cups of coffee to wake me up. I never normally drink coffee because it makes me jittery but it was fine.

I hope everyone's ok today. Our new ven recruits seem to be coping ok - please come and post if you're struggling. It definitely isn't just about the good stories.

Well, off to put my feet up for half an hour.

Back later

Pip xxx

kittikat
30-08-12, 19:48
Day 3 is going really well for me too. Just a little shakey, fuzzy headed nausea and zero appetite. Oh, and my eyes are huge today :scared15: you were right Pip & Nicola!!

Slept for 8 and a half hours last night too - a record for me! Feel very tired, but I even managed to pick my son up from work, just a 10 minute drive away :yesyes: feeling very positive about this drug so far...fingers crossed.

Love & hugs to all, Kitti :hugs: xx

spawn
30-08-12, 20:17
Well i had a better day than yesterday, but dont want to get my hopes up, since i know how quickly it can go down hill! Lets see what 2moz brings! (day 9).

Feeling really tired 2nite, im still finding it hard sleeping right through til morning.
I havent had any hot flushes for a couple of days so thats good, and all my SE seem alittle better, fingers crossed im over the worse. Starting to feel alittle calmer aswell, if i do feel myself getting anxious i take a diazepam, which seems to be working.
Thanks for all the support peeps.
Gav.

nicola1980
30-08-12, 20:52
Kitti so pleased your getting on ok and the pupil bit scared the life out of me lol, gav sounds like side effects are dwindling off now, youve both done really well :hugs: x x

Tufty
30-08-12, 21:16
Evening all,
Paul - some bigger Boots have BP machines in them but you can buy them very reasonably which may be a better idea if your going to get an accurate, consistent reading, Lloyds pharmacies sell them for about £14 as do Argos.
Good to hear Spawn, Kitti and Mira are tolerating the new meds reasonably well, it's such a relief after previous bad experiences.
There must be something in the air, everyone seems to be tired at the mo, including me, I'm in bed already.
Night all
Sam

joy
31-08-12, 11:29
'm here still riding the anxiety roller coaster and hoping the risperidone might help but only started 2 days ago.

Nice to have some new members and doing well. I'm the only one not on ven but on a new anti dep called Valdoxan not that its working that well

Love joy

Pipkin
31-08-12, 14:11
Hi all,

Just gone out for a late lunch break and thought I'd do a quick check in.

Still tired today (going to bed too late) so thought I'd perk myself up with a cup of coffee like yesterday. I managed to trigger a corking anxiety attack with the pounding heart, wobbly stomach, jelly legs and the shakes. Honestly, you'd think I'd have learned by the age of 41 that this happens. I can be such an idiot sometimes. Anyway, the good thing is that I'm much better at ignoring it these days and a brisk walk is seeing it off.

Gav/Kitti - I see from the other thread that you were both a bit anxious this morning. The fuzzy head definitely goes after a couple of weeks at the most. I remember what that's like and it is really hard to concentrate. I still think you're doing really well. As I said above, I'm in the midst of an anxiety attack myself which has been sent as a little reminder of what it's like so I'm especially sympathetic with you today.

Pink - where are you missus? I'm missing you! I'm sure you're out in the sun with the pooch having a good time.

I hope everyone else is ok.

I'll be back later

Take care

Pip xxx

nicola1980
31-08-12, 15:55
Hi everyone, just got back from taking jack to a big park and it was so lovely sitting in the sun :D going out for dinner tonight with mum and dad which im looking forward too.......now a few weeks ago that would have sent me into a blind panic!! :hugs: to everyone struggling and riding this damn rollercoaster :hugs:hope all oour newbies are coping :hugs: xx

Sober2000june
31-08-12, 16:19
good to see youre feeling better again Nicola:)

kittikat
31-08-12, 16:57
Aww, Pip, sorry to hear about your anxiety attack...seems you coped really well though, I hope you are managing ok this afternoon :hugs:

Nicola, sounds like you are doing just great too, gives me lots of inspiration reading your posts. Thank you :hugs: and enjoy your meal tonight :yesyes:

Not doing too bad here, anx slightly up this morning, shakey and a bit agitated. Paced a bit too but mainly to work off the excess adrenalin. Sooo tired, after months of little sleep I am managing 8 hours at night and a couple of hours on the sofa during the day!! Feel ok now, bit fuzzy headed but all in all, coping well. Oh and I'm loving the 'owls eyes' haha!!

I hope everyone else is doing well today......
Big hugs to all :bighug1: Kitti x

miraiiro
31-08-12, 17:02
Pipkin - I hope your anxiety is better. The weekend is almost here, so that'll give you some time to relax.

Well, it's day four for me and it hasn't been a good one. My mood was very low when I got up this morning and I've been crying on and off for most of the day. I didn't want to come home either after going out for a bit because I didn't think I could cope with being alone again, but I'm here now and it's not too bad. I'm still feeling lonely but I'm trying not to think about it too much. Apart from that, I still have an awful headache that I can't seem to get rid of. I also haven't been able to sleep again, so I might have to resort to taking some Zopiclone tonight. Maybe it was just me being negative and down, but I couldn't help thinking "what if the Venlafaxine doesn't work?" which made me feel even worse. I know it's still very early days and that it'll take a while yet to start seeing any benefits, but it's difficult to stay positive when you're having a bad day.

Sorry for whining! I just don't have anyone to talk to in real life about this, so it's a relief that there are people on this forum who understand.

Thanks for reading. :)

Pipkin
31-08-12, 17:50
Hi all,

Back home and feeling a bit better - I've just got the after effects and now feel exhausted so I'm having an hour's nap so that I don't waste my Friday night by falling asleep at 9. It is strange but I can definitely control my anxiety better these days - it feels like it's because I know that I can make it go away so I can. I suppose it's like believing you can do something and it makes it easier.

Kitti - glad you're ok and sleeping better. Does that mean no late night sessions on here in the panic pause forum? I'll be around later if you want a chat but I'll warn you that I have a bottle of wine chilling and my alcohol tolerance is very low these days so my spelling might go out of the window. Glad you're enjoying the owl eyes! I was worried that people would think I was on drugs (not the legal kind, I mean). It doesn't last long though.

Miraiiro - sounds like you've had a tough day. Not sleeping definitely makes it hard but I'm sure that will pass. Have faith that this will work for you as it has for quite a few of us. It's more likely to work if you believe it will. Day 4 is really early days and I wouldn't expect to see any real improvements for a couple of weeks, though the side effects will start to get better soon. You will get there, honest!

Take care

Pip xx

Sober2000june
31-08-12, 18:01
Soory youre having some anx Pip; do you think the coffee maybe contributing?

spawn
31-08-12, 18:03
Well ive had quite a flat day really, no real SE issues, just the usual lightheadness and ringing in ears, feel really numb and not with it? Guess im alittle drained of energy, due to waking up at stupid o'clock every morning and not eating much!

Well atleast its the weekend, not got alot planned apart from acupuncture 2moz, which im alittle unsure is helping?

Hope everyone has a good friday nite! :)

kittikat
31-08-12, 18:14
Ha ha Pip....I don't drink alcohol at all....I think the diazepam does it for me lol...I will still be up until about 1am (that's an early night for me!) so may join you for a panic pause if the brain fuzz goes!! Take care & enjoy your sleep xx

TJSMITH
31-08-12, 18:43
Hi all.
Not been on here a few days but always checking on people. I have had a run of good days been really busy which helps, still keep checking how I'm feeling but doesn't overwhelm me as much.

Hang in there to all new people, I'm on sertraline but post on here as a few I chatted to on here.
Joy how long you been on this new med?

Hope everyone else ok xx

pinkdove
31-08-12, 18:59
hi everyone, been checking in too, had a bit of a blip yesterday, felt quite flat, but went out in the afternoon and felt a bit better, been busy today, really pleased all the new ven buddies are supportng each other, and are getting through it ok, one day at a time and good luck to you all xx

pip im here, thanks for asking, sorry you've had a bad panic, just goes to show how much we work to keep them at bay you have had a lot going on lately, and are maybe just a bit overtired, relax this weekend, chill with freddie and your partner, the long walks seems to help you vercome them, been a bit like that myself this past couple of days, had a diazapam yesterday, for the first time in months ( apart from the dentst ) but it helped.

taken your advice will not reduce just now, sweats been better today, we have to look at how far we've both come. and accept the blips for what they are, i find them easier to shrug off now, i think positive thinking and sheer determination helps. take care and have a great weekend xxx

all i can offer you all who are not feeling great is that time and patience is the key with meds. the time they take to kick in and the patience to wait for that, you will all get there, sending all my ven buddies :hugs:

Pipkin
31-08-12, 20:16
Hello,

Pink - welcome back! I thought you'd disappeared. You're quite right, I am very tired and I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend. It's a really busy time at work right now and I've been working at home in the evenings too and going to bed far too late. It should ease off a bit soon. Great that the sweats are a bit better - it's definitely a lot cooler today so maybe that helped. I have confidence that you and I can sail through a blip now though it shows that anxiety is never far away.

Paul - I never (ever), drink caffeinated tea or coffee because it always makes my anxiety worse. As I've been quite tired, I thought I'd give a coffee a go. There's no doubt that that's what triggered it today. It took a while to wear off but a walk over lunch helped and it just went gradually. I think people underestimate caffeine but it really isn't good for anxiety sufferers. I suppose it's worse for me because I'm not used to it.

As I've just woken up after my hour (ahem) long nap, I'd better get some dinner in the oven...

Take care

Pip xxx

pinkdove
31-08-12, 21:15
i NEVER take caffine ever, i have decaff tea, coffee, and sometimes i drink coke (decaff) if i have caffine my anxiety soars, and like you pip, it takes a while to settle down, its a great tip for all the people still finding anxiety a problem, try to abstain completely from caffine, and see if it makes a difference.

another quick tip, something my pysc taught me to do early in my recovery, when you feel a panic coming on, go with it, it has never harmed you before, and it never will, its hard at first, but as you get braver, and go with it instead of fighting it, and being scared, the easier it gets to cope with.

sorry for the rambling, but it helped me through the tough times, along with relaxation cd's, remember to keep posting and helping each other through this, and before we know it we will all be meeting for that drink......mines a dry white pip, i know the first rounds on you lol. take care xxxx

TJSMITH
01-09-12, 09:58
Grrrrrr does the ruminating ever stop! Want my life back not just glimpses either.
I know it's in my head but fed up with it.

Sorry for rant guys, how is everyone else today

Pipkin
01-09-12, 10:09
Morning Tracy,

What are you up to today? I always find that planning lots of things to do helps me with the constant thinking. That and trying to stop my dog chewing everything in sight. You should see my poor garden - it looks like a war zone.

I'm feeling a thousand times better than yesterday - much calmer after a good night's sleep.

Pip x

nicola1980
01-09-12, 10:39
Morning everyone and a big :birthday: to joy!! Tracy im still doing the analysing especially if im sat around doing nothing, just waiting for the sun to come out then we'll go out somewhere xx

Pipkin
01-09-12, 10:44
Joy,

I didn't realise it was your birthday today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :yahoo:

21 again? I started getting one year younger on my birthdays a couple of years ago but it seems that no-one told my grey hairs this.

Pip xxxx

TJSMITH
01-09-12, 11:07
Hi pip
I'm working which is in a call centre but still manages to lurk. Will we always have to keep busy to stop them Do you think as I would love to watch a good film of read a book without the lingering thoughts.

Even with three kids it holds me back from enjoying the moment.

On a happier note Happy birthday joy, I hope the demons stay away.
Nic what sun? My mum suggested lunch when I finish work but looks cold to me

Sober2000june
01-09-12, 13:20
Aft all,

Tracy, I am where you are at - you feel like a shark who can't stop swimming. It's hard to smell the roses when you're always running from yourself!

Sorry you're having a blip Pink. I look forward to when i get enough respite to notice a blip:blush:. How are the rest of the 225'ers. Kerry, Slowfish etc..? it would be good to know how the full throttle team are getting by.

Over 5 weeks and it is still quite hard. Hoping i get to see a shrink soon to get some medical advice. Headachs every day becoming a pain in the @rse. Even evenings are not a defo respite for me now:(

Here's hoping in a short while i'll be singing the praises fo 225 and how i have left the twilight zone to join the mortals again:).

And finally welcome to all who have recently come on board:welcome:.
kind regards,

Paul:bighug1:

Darkartistry
01-09-12, 20:07
Hi all. I am starting Venlafaxine after years with different SSRIs: Cipralex, Citalopram and more recently 200mg Sertraline 45mg Mirtazipine. I have just come off the Sertaline which didn't help me, and I am in my third week of Venlafaxine which will be raised at 75mg every 2 weeks until I reach 225mg (staying at 45mg Mirtazipine).
Had the usual fun and games of reduction/withdrawal/side effects and currently I am all but bed ridden.
Anyone else on Venlafaxine/Mirtazipine at high doses?
I can't get my doctor to give me even a few diazipam to help me (from past experience I know they help), so have to bite the bullet.
It's comforting to read the success stories, keep it up! :)

rockbottok
02-09-12, 11:37
Hi guys. Long time no spk. I'm feeling down. Had a op 5 days ago and been feeling down ever since. Was doing so well :( help me xx

kittikat
02-09-12, 11:47
Hi guys. Long time no spk. I'm feeling down. Had a op 5 days ago and been feeling down ever since. Was doing so well :( help me xx

Aww, big hugs coming your way :bighug1: I hope you feel better soon xxx Kitti :)

Pipkin
02-09-12, 11:52
Lou,

Welcome back and I'm sorry you've had a set back. I'm sure it won't last long once you've recovered from your op.

Big hugs from me :hugs:

Pip xxx

rockbottok
02-09-12, 11:54
Thanks guys. Do u think it's just the op making me feel down?? Ad I'm exhausted. 2 hours after I wake up I'm soooo tired again etc. hate this feeling xx

Sober2000june
02-09-12, 16:37
Hi all,

Not too bad today, a lot better than I’ve been. Last night felt quite good so I thought I’d share that as it will help others and give me something to reference against. I realise the flavour of my posts have been a wee bit down recently but I am only sharing my truth. In the same token I believe it is even more important to share when we are feeling good for everyone’s benefit. I know the reality being, that when people are feeling better the temptation is to hurry up and catch up with life(and well you should, you god damn deserve it!!) and kind of "forget" about the online support. I think what I am saying is to any folks who start to make real progress please share it because it keeps the momentum going for all of us. If it wasn’t for people like Pip and Pink selflessly sharing the progress in their life’s, I think a good few of us would not have the strength to carry on. Also it gives you something in black and white to keep reminding yourself it does get better, even when this evil illness is @#cking with your head! I personally keep a daily diary in my phone just to give me strength when the weight of this feels so unbearable.

Lou, good to see you back posting. As you will see for yourself when you last posted you’ve maybe had the best part of 2 months with improvement, so you can logically deduce that it will happen again soon after your body starts to recover. Please when you get better again just chime in now and again to say how your feeling even if it only "had a laugh at TV last night" etc… as you’ll be helping build your mental defense and very probably saving someone’s life.:hugs:

Have a good day folks,

off to finish painting windows before i get into trouble for slacking:blush:

Paul:bighug1:

pinkdove
02-09-12, 17:35
hi guys sorry i havent been around, but i have been so busy this weekend, out all day yesterday, and again today, was starting to feel a bit low the back end of last week, so had to push myself back into action, its bee a lovely day here today, and i've taken advantage of it.

louyour body will need time to recover from your op hun, and you will bounce back again, but when you feel tired, rest, thats the best medicine for you, hope youfeel better soon take care xxx

joy happy belated birthday, hope you had a god one xx

paul glad you are feeling a bit better today, your post makes good reading, we all have to post both good and bad, and help each other through, realy hope you continue to feel better xx

pip, hope you have this gorgeous weather, and have taken time to relax this weekend, thanks as always for your kind words, was feeling a bit sorry for myself, needed a kick up the ass, but i remembered that even people without anxiety can have off days, but i get scared of going backwards, stupid i know, hope you have had a good weekend xx

to everyone else hang on in there, things will get better, and i am proof of that, :welcome: dark, i have been literally bed bound with depression and anxiety, had agraphobia too could,nt leave the house, ven has literally given me my life back, its not a quick fix, it takes time, but you will get there, one day at a time xxxx

miraiiro
02-09-12, 17:46
Hi all! It's day six for me on Venlafaxine and the good news is that the physical side effects are now much better. I'm still not sleeping very well yet, but I did get four hours sleep last night. That's the most I've had since I started taking this medication, so I hope I can manage a bit more tonight. Has anyone else suffered insomnia during the start up period? It seems like it helps most people to sleep better. I feel all lonely and left out, ahaha.

The bad news, however, is that my mood has been very low lately. I spent most of Friday crying and Saturday started off the same way, but fortunately I was able to visit a relative for a few hours which perked me up quite a bit. It worried me a little, especially since I had to call the Samaritans for the first time in months just so I could talk to someone, because Venlafaxine making my mood worse was the thing I was most afraid of when I started taking it (which is what happened when I tried Sertraline back in June). My anxiety has also been up today, sadly. I've calmed down quite a bit but I can't feel *properly* calm, if that makes sense.

So yes, anxiety = high, mood = low. It'd be nice if I could find a nice even balance for them both. I know I need to be patient and wait for the benefits to start showing themselves, especially since it's still very early days, but it's just frustrating to know I might have to wait another few weeks for the medication to kick in. :weep:

spawn
02-09-12, 18:02
Hi miraiiro
im on day 11 on ven, my sideeffects have eased alittle, with regards to insomnia, i have no problem going to sleep, but im waking up early hours and cant get back to sleep! The past week i have felt very low in myself, would love to feel happy for a while just to prove i can still! my anxiety isnt to bad, and im taking diazepam to help when i need it.

im hoping my mood will lift when the drug kicks in? but not sure exactly how it effects you or makes you feel when it does?

Gav.

nicola1980
02-09-12, 18:04
Hi all and :welcome: Dark, Lou sorry to hear your struggling again but your body needs time to recover from the op so get plenty of rest :bighug1: well another good day for me, its nearly been 8 weeks now on 150mg and i wish id stuck with the increase sooner, this week ive really pushed myself and gone out everyday and not just to my mums, ive gone out for meals, to big parks, supermarkets etc, all the things that i would never have done a few weeks again but the real test will be next week as my mum and dad are going away for a week :ohmy: and with my mum being my 'safe' person it kind of freaks me out a bit but i CAN do it and i WILL do it!!! xx

miraiiro
02-09-12, 18:12
im hoping my mood will lift when the drug kicks in? but not sure exactly how it effects you or makes you feel when it does?

I was wondering about that too. How are you supposed to know when the Venlafaxine starts working? I don't expect to suddenly wake up one morning feeling ABSOLUTELY AMAZING OMG!!!111 but it'd be nice to feel a little less crappy.

Hang in there! Things should start getting easier for you if the side effects are starting to let up. Let's just hope we both get a boost in mood sometime soon. :hugs:

rockbottok
02-09-12, 19:20
Hi guys. Sorry for the long absence. Was doing so well. I feel a little better now but earlier it was all flooding back and really scared me :(

Pink. Hope ur gettin over ur blip. Wot dose are u on nowadays? :)

Nicola: can u explain wot u have been up too? Regards to u sayin u wish ud stayed on the increase sooner? If I'm right u kept dropping back? How did u manage to stay with it? And can u feel much difference on the higher dose?

Sober: if I remember rightly u were just starting ven when I disappeared? I'm glad it's finally working. Wot dose are u on?

Pip: still going strong I hope?

Best wishes xx

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Ps

Spawn and Mirairro: u will defo know when it starts working trust me. That horrible useless feeling starts to get less and u eventually start feeling more like the old u x

kittikat
02-09-12, 19:27
Hi all,

Lots of anxiety this morning, wobbly, jelly legs (lol) fuzzy head/dizzy and I am just so damn tired all the time....I think I can manage most of the SE's but the tiredness and feeling like I am going in slow motion all the time is doing my head in :wacko: I haven't felt particularly low, lots of excess adrenalin but nowhere to channel it due to brain fuzz, really hard to motivate myself, so just pacing alot, going nowhere fast (or slow in my case!!)

Best wishes to all of you... and spawn & mira....you are both doing really well, keep up the good work :yesyes:

spawn
02-09-12, 19:35
Thanx kitti, your feeling tired because your body is using all your energy to make yourself better, anxiety drains you as well. Stick with it i dont think it will get alot worse! :)

nicola1980
02-09-12, 19:41
Hi guys. Sorry for the long absence. Was doing so well. I feel a little better now but earlier it was all flooding back and really scared me :(

Pink. Hope ur gettin over ur blip. Wot dose are u on nowadays? :)

Nicola: can u explain wot u have been up too? Regards to u sayin u wish ud stayed on the increase sooner? If I'm right u kept dropping back? How did u manage to stay with it? And can u feel much difference on the higher dose?

Sober: if I remember rightly u were just starting ven when I disappeared? I'm glad it's finally working. Wot dose are u on?

Pip: still going strong I hope?

Best wishes xx

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Ps

Spawn and Mirairro: u will defo know when it starts working trust me. That horrible useless feeling starts to get less and u eventually start feeling more like the old u x
Hi Lou, ive tried twice to increase from 112.5mg to 150mg but couldn't tolerate the heightened anxiety but this time i was desparate so i just rode it out the best i could and im so pleased i di cause 8 weeks later i feel sooo much better xx

pinkdove
02-09-12, 20:12
lou i am still taking 150mg slow release caps, and apart from the sweating they are working really well for me, what dose are you taking ?

Pipkin
02-09-12, 20:49
If it wasn’t for people like Pip and Pink selflessly sharing the progress in their life’s, I think a good few of us would not have the strength to carry on.
:

Paul,

That's really kind of you to say and it makes everything worthwhile for me, even if I've just helped one person. As Pink has said, there is light at the end of the tunnel - honest!

Pip

william wallace
03-09-12, 09:16
Mornin folks, sorry haven't been in much lately been v busy. Just spent some of my redundancy money on a rather large van. Miss W's bloke is in a band and they usually do the gigs using 2 or three cars. I suggested that I get a van and be their roadie so we're going to give that a go. I'm also in touch with a couple of groups of young chaps with dirt bikes that need transport to race meetings, practice sessions etc. Should also get some day to day work from friends, friends of friends, relatives etc just moving furniture, house moves etc there's always work for a man with a van.:)

Nicola good to read that you're on the mend finally have one of these:hugs:and heres one for everyone else, even the blokes:D

---------- Post added at 09:16 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

Morning Joy howz you?:hugs:

Sober2000june
03-09-12, 12:14
Howdy folks,

Spent yesterday keeping physically busy and one of my jobs entailed trying to unblock the drain below our gutter. Well, let me tell you, 10 yrs of pigeon sh!t and gunge emits an odour which can only be described as EVIL. Needless to say I washed my hands numerous times to get the stench out – Jesus I think its now in my DNA. Eventually smell faded away, only to wake at 4.30 am and when I coughed I could smell the mutated pigeon dung. So spent a bit of time ruminating if I had actually ingested the stuff and get on the blower to NHS24. Didn’t tho’, just tuned into mediation MP3 an got off to sleep eventually. Come 7.20am Paul was not feeling very refreshed. Been a bit of a slog this morning, but made it to lunchtime and the treadmill is beckoning.

Lou, I’m currently on 225mg and Thur will be end of week six.

On a positive, hopefully nausea and equatorial sweats are lessening. Legs still having a day at the races under my desk, but I can deal with that – may even lose a bit of this 2st blubber I’ve gained since April.

KittiK, I know that feeling; tired and wired.

Hopefully Gym will life me a bit and I’ll try and pitch in later.

Take care folks:hugs:

rockbottok
03-09-12, 12:38
I'm still taking 112.5 pink. I'm feeling a bit better today but cos of yesterday it's made me a little scared xx

joy
03-09-12, 13:29
WW that sounds good man with a van! i'm still struggling and trying to find a med that'll get rid of this bloomin anxiety.
still seeing dr gorgeous who now is feeling as baffled as all the other shrinks i've seen. olanzapine was working quite well but caused swollen ankles which worried him so hes swapped to risperidone and the anxiety has returned. seeing him on fri so goodness knows what next

glad most of you are doing well

joy

miraiiro
03-09-12, 17:15
Hi guys! It's been one week now since I started taking Venlafaxine, and although the physical side effects are much better now (except for the night sweats, eww), the mental ones are getting worse. My anxiety was crazy high this morning, but thankfully settled down this afternoon, and my mood is still very low. I've been waking up crying for four days in a row now and I'm starting to get fed up of it. I know I have to give the medication time to start working but my depression hasn't been this bad for a couple of months now, so it kind of scares me a little bit that I seem to be slipping back to how I was when things were really bad.

I just hope I start improving soon. Patience and positivity are the key!

spawn
03-09-12, 17:23
Miraiiro, i to had increased anxiety around 1 week, and my mood was very low!
Im still feeling low, but my anxiety has eased and i feel alittle calmer, im on day 12... so i would say it will get better in time. Have you got any diazepam to take when you get anxious, it helped me alot!

miraiiro
03-09-12, 18:04
Miraiiro, i to had increased anxiety around 1 week, and my mood was very low!
Im still feeling low, but my anxiety has eased and i feel alittle calmer, im on day 12... so i would say it will get better in time. Have you got any diazepam to take when you get anxious, it helped me alot!

My anxiety wasn't too bad at all when I first started taking Venlafaxine, but like you said, it seemed to suddenly shoot up around the one week mark. It'd be nice if my anxiety could start easing up soon like yours. Low mood is no fun at all, but I'd rather deal with one thing at a time rather than depression and anxiety both at once. As for Diazepam, I only have 4x2mg tablets at the moment which I've been trying not to use so far, but I think I might have to at some point. I mentioned being worried about my anxiety increasing during the start up period to my psychiatrist, but he was all, "The medication is supposed to help your anxiety, not make it worse" and wouldn't give me anything for it. Bah. In the meantime, I'm trying to get by with relaxation and guided meditation mp3s.

Hope you're doing okay! :hugs:

nicola1980
03-09-12, 18:34
Hi everyone, :hugs: to all of you struggling with the start up effects of ven but i promise you it gets better, i felt 100 times worse to start with aswell :ohmy: well i seem to have started with the night sweats aswell now :mad: woke up twice last night drenched in sweat :mad: but apart from that ive had a good day, we went on a big family picnic which was lovely and i really enjoyed myself :D my son starts secondary school tomo so im getting a tad anxious about that but i suppose thats normal!!! xx

Pipkin
03-09-12, 18:44
Hi folks,

Back from work and sitting in the garden for a while. Beautiful weather here today - it's good to see that summer's arrived at last.

For our newbies, I can promise you that the anxiety does lift but it can take a while. After about 2 weeks I felt much better but it still took a good few weeks after that to feel as good as I do now. I know that can seem like an awfully long way off but, in my experience, it's worth sticking it out.

I can't really comment on the low mood as that's not something I suffer with unless my anxiety's really bad. But to be honest, I feel so bad at that point and I feel so anxious that I'm not sure how I feel.

Off for a half hour read to wind down.

Take care

Pip x

Pipkin
03-09-12, 18:45
That's 2 promises within 10 minutes. Nicola - I think they'll hold us to that :winks:

Pip x

nicola1980
03-09-12, 18:49
Mr W hows Sandra? xx

william wallace
03-09-12, 20:03
Mr W hows Sandra? xx

All good Nicola thanks for asking. She's much better the last few days just needs lots of hugs which is fine by me. She taking another couple of weeks off and reckons be ready to go back to work:)

TJSMITH
03-09-12, 20:32
Mr w I have messages you. Need help :)

kittikat
04-09-12, 11:39
I hope all in the Ven Club are doing well today :hugs:

I am feeling a little down today, first time since starting a week ago. Also very shakey and feel a little 'drunk'. I woke in the night in a sweat, looked like the Medusa this morning lol, and the dry mouth is very annoying.....I know it's early days and I am still feeling optimistic. Just not quite sure what to do with myself....I'm sure these feelings will pass, eventually.

Hope you all have a good day, Kitti :)

spawn
04-09-12, 11:58
Big hug for Kitti!! :hugs: x

kittikat
04-09-12, 12:04
Big hug for Kitti!! :hugs: x

Aww, thanks Gav....needed that :hugs: x

Pipkin
04-09-12, 13:08
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Pip xxx

TJSMITH
04-09-12, 13:29
Hi all

How's everyone? I'm a bit better today after getting a reassuring message from mr w, amazing what that Talking to others can do.

Done something reckless today had my first tattoo to support cerebral palsy awareness, I have a dear of needles so never managed it but I felt anxiety worse then any physical pain and went for it, plus my oldest first day secondary school so trying to keep them demons at bay and think happy thoughts. Seems easier some days more than others.

Hope all ok. Joy how's things? Any better ?

nicola1980
04-09-12, 14:06
Hi all, Tracy its jacks first day at secondary school too :ohmy: ive been up since 2:30 this morning worrying about it, he's on my mind constantly today so im too fighting the demons back :mad: well done on the tattoo, it looks fab, ive got 5 i love them!!! :hugs: to you Kitti, it gets better hun honestly :hugs: hows everyone else? xx

joy
04-09-12, 14:28
Nah no better anx high. Expecting a friend in a minute so I hope it might calm the anxiety down talking about other things.
Glad you are feeling a bit better Tracy have you decided to increase or not?

Hope all you anxious first day mums are surviving.Soon be home time!!!!

Love Joy

nicola1980
04-09-12, 14:32
Joy im clock watching waiting for hometime oh and pacing, hubby keeps telling me to sit and chill lol, hope you enjoy seeing your friend and the anxiety eases xx

TJSMITH
04-09-12, 14:39
Sending hugs joy
I'm on 100 sertraline joy and don't want to increase yet, mr w said up to 6 months full effect so see how I go plus I'm never sure of increasing really does anything.

Nic one tatoo enough for me lol... Im going to pick Thomas up soon as to far at moment only came out of a cast yesterday, can't wait to hear about his day.

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Ps joy hope eases when your friend there xx

nicola1980
04-09-12, 14:46
Nah tracy you'll get the tatoo bug now and just want more and more!! lol xx

Sober2000june
04-09-12, 15:42
Good afternoon my fellow SNRI pioneers.

I said I would chime, be it good, bad or ugly. Had an ok few hrs, managed to get some productive work complete, then crashed big time at 11am! Took a monumental effort to drag my carcass to the gym. Managed to do a circuit training class which got me out of my head for an hr. Felt not bad so far but the tiredness is approaching; lets hope it doesn’t have a cloak and scythe!
Just want to go home and lay down. Only 1.5 hrs to go.

I would be extremely interested in how others at 225 and above are keeping?

Kind regards,

Paul

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

p.s cant wait to see new shrink to get a med review.

rockbottok
04-09-12, 15:52
Guys. Feeling slightly better today but still not right. I feel edgy :-/ xx

nicola1980
04-09-12, 16:42
Lou maybe you would benefit from a small increase to 150mg? X x

rockbottok
04-09-12, 17:21
I was thinking that but scared to make my anxiety worse :-/ x

miraiiro
04-09-12, 18:33
Still not feeling too good today I'm afraid. I just really wish things were better right now. Sorry for being so miserable but the start up period on Venlafaxine keeps getting more and more difficult for me. :weep:

kittikat
04-09-12, 19:44
Still not feeling too good today I'm afraid. I just really wish things were better right now. Sorry for being so miserable but the start up period on Venlafaxine keeps getting more and more difficult for me. :weep:

Big hugs for you mira :hugs: stay positive hun :hugs: xx

nicola1980
04-09-12, 20:39

:hugs: the start up of ven can be hard going, i only started on 37.5mg and found it tough going but it gets better i promise x x

Sober2000june
04-09-12, 20:46
Looks like i'm only one of the posters on 225:scared15: Jonny no mates:whistles:

spawn
04-09-12, 20:53

It does get better, im actually eating again! :) how many days have you been on Ven now and what dose?

miraiiro
04-09-12, 21:47
It does get better, im actually eating again! :) how many days have you been on Ven now and what dose?

I've been on 75mg for eight days now, so it's still very early yet. It's great that you're eating again! The return of your appetite must be a good sign. :)

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Big hugs for you mira :hugs: stay positive hun :hugs: xx

Thank you very much! You're always so positive, much more so than me. I'm really glad you're around whenever I need to PM you. :hugs:

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

:hugs: the start up of ven can be hard going, i only started on 37.5mg and found it tough going but it gets better i promise x x

The start up on Venlafaxine hasn't been nearly as bad for me as it was on other antidepressants, but it's just difficult to cope sometimes now that it's started affecting my mood. The physical side effects were so much easier to deal with, ahaha (yes, even the icky night sweats).

Thank you so much for the reassurance! I really appreciate it. :hugs:

Pipkin
05-09-12, 12:47
Afternoon all,

Very quiet on here at the moment - it often is when the weather's nice so I take it as a positive sign. All is well here, very busy at work and I'm sensibly avoiding coffee after last week's incident.

Gav - you seem much better. You're pretty much on a par with where I was at that time so keep at it. It's looking positive. Your doctor will be judging that you would do best on a higher dose due to your medical history which obviously I don't know. I still recommend that you're fully comfortable with the dose you're on before increasing so another week should be fine. See how you feel then and discuss it with him/her. My GP was in a rush to get me from 37.5 to 75 but I did it when I knew I was ready.

Kitti - still doing well as I said to you last night. I reckon it might be time for you to set a date to increase to 75mg. Maybe next week? You've got nothing to worry about because you've been through the worst now. What has your doctor said?

Miraiiro - you're doing well too. You can see that it gets better quite quickly from this point and you are also through the worst. Don't be tempted to give up - you're nearly there!

Pink - are you ok? We haven't heard from you for a couple of days. Flogging women's undergarments on the cyberweb again?

Take care

Pip x

slowfish
05-09-12, 12:54
Hi all

Paul - you're not alone, I'm a 225-er too, just not on here much. I'm going to try and make the effort to pop on at least once a day and post.

Now been on 225 about 6 weeks but still not where I want to be. Loads of upheaval in my life over the past few months though and lots of the ruminating and low moods revolve around whether I've made some decisions I'll regret whilst feeling like this.

One thing on 225 that I find really annoying is that I'm struggling with my running now. I run a lot! Since being on ven I overheat much quicker, am drenched in sweat, have a dry mouth and sometimes feel quite light-headed. It's really frustrating as I'm now running at the pace I was a couple of years ago when I first started out. I assume its the ven. Maybe low pressure? Seeing GP on Friday so I'll mention to him.

Hope everyone doing OK today.

rockbottok
05-09-12, 14:36
Feeling ok today. But still not very relaxed :(

nicola1980
05-09-12, 15:02
Hi all, had an awful nights sleep, woke at 12 with a migraine so quickly took my migraine tablets then up again at 4 taking more painkillers so im exhausted today!! but still managed to go food shopping and needed to get jack a new matress for his bed so did that aswel, heads still very tender but just enjoying a bit of chill out time before school finishes xx

kittikat
05-09-12, 15:15
Sorry to hear you had a migrane Nicola, I hope you feel better soon :hugs: xx

Pip, my doc wants me to stay on the low dose for another 2 weeks, I am going back to see him on 17th September for a review. I'm not sure I'm quite ready to increase just yet, he knows I'm a big scaredy cat :winks:

This dry mouth is driving me crazy :wacko: still whooshy headed, palpy and anx up a bit. I think I am getting used to the feelings now. Not so low today either but lots of things whirring around my head. Sleeping well which is good.

Hope everyone else is doing ok today :bighug1: Kitti xx

nicola1980
05-09-12, 15:36
Thanks Kitti :hugs: i also increased slowly as im a scaredy cat too lol :ohmy: xx

Sober2000june
05-09-12, 15:53
Aft all,

Good to hear from you slowfish i'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. I am still holding onto; it'll be nearer 12weeks on 225 before the demons start to "shut it!":whistles:.

Kerrie, if you're still about, are you still on 225? I'm hoping you're too busy living life to the max:yesyes:.

Pip, Good to see you're avoiding the ol' caffeine:wacko:. Reminds me of a few yrs back having a Latte' at East Midlands Airport for my aft flight. Started talking 10 to the doz and was still staring at the ceiling that night after midnight.

Take care,

Peeps:hugs:

miraiiro
05-09-12, 18:05
Pipkin - Thanks for the support! I won't be giving up on Venlafaxine just yet, and I hope things do start improving soon. It seems to work for quite a lot of people, so hopefully it'll do something good for me too.

Nicola - I hope your migraine is better! I get them all the time so I know how horrible they can be. :hugs:

Well, it's day nine already. Mood is still low, anxiety is still high and I'm still not sleeping very well. To be honest, the physical side effects were much easier to deal with. I hate feeling so hopeless and scared. I just wish things would get better soon. :weep:

nicola1980
05-09-12, 18:41
The heightened anxiety is the worst but it does calm, could you ask your gp for some sleeping tablets to help you through as you need your rest to recover :hugs: xx

rockbottok
05-09-12, 22:10
Who r u talkin to Nicola? Lol xx

Darkartistry
06-09-12, 04:36
To be honest, I think most of my bad symptoms were withdrawl from Sertaline. I am now on venlafaxine dose of 75mg am / 75mg pm and 45mg Mirtazipine. The sweating has stopped, along with the restless legs. Had to ask Doc for some zopiclone to help with sleep as I was shattered.
Caffine a definate no-no ;)
Start 225mg XL venlafaxine in 12 days time. Hope to feel better soon.
Marc.

rockbottok
06-09-12, 11:13
I'm feeling a lot better today. Only problem I have is that I'm not sleeping very well. Do any of u take sleeping tablets? If so which ones?? I want one that I won't feel hungover the next day lol xx

Sober2000june
06-09-12, 11:57
Hey Darkart,

I see you'll be joining me on the 225 club. I see you are on the "calafornia rocket fuel" mix, how do you feel it is panning out?
I've complete week 6 of 225 today and to be honest i want to be way much better than this. These ****ing headaches are really starting to urinate me off:mad:.

on a positive my sweats seem to be diminishing. Been relatively productive last couple of days in office, but i wish my dark passenger would just GTF!!

i suppose acceptance is the key:blush:

Hopefully get to a meeting tonight and get some verbal medicine:)

Take care troupers, i'm of to circuit training -see if i can get some dopamine around the ol nut:bighug1:

nicola1980
06-09-12, 14:31
Hi all, Lou i use zopiclone sleeping tablets, i have done on and off for years with no side effects or grogginess in the mornings! well i seem to have some sort of virus/infection :mad: suffering high temp, shivery and shakey and generally quite shitty :weep: didn't sleep well cause of my high temp so went back to bed after jack went to school and feel a bit brighter....if its not one thing its a bloody another!!! hope everyone else is ok :hugs: xx

joy
06-09-12, 14:33
I take zoliplidem which dont seem to make you hung over the next day and dont give you a bad taste in the mouth like zopliclone can do

Joy

nicola1980
06-09-12, 14:46
yeah Lou zopiclone can leave a metallic taste in your mouth the next day, ive used zolpidem before too there both good and effective xx

spawn
06-09-12, 14:51
I was on temazepam for a while, they knock you out!
But i was still waking at 4am, feel rough the next day aswell.

nicola1980
06-09-12, 15:03
Ive used temazepam before too but didn't seem to work well on me either xx

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

wheres Pinkdove??? xx

Pipkin
06-09-12, 18:19
Yes Pink, where are you missus?

Pip x

miraiiro
06-09-12, 18:59
I'll apologise in advance: I'm so very sorry for sounding like such a misery guts. It seems like all I've been doing over the past few days is complaining about how terrible I feel during the start up period on Venlafaxine. The physical side effects were almost quaint in comparison to what it's been doing to my mood. It'll be a week tomorrow since it's brought my depression back with a vengeance. I've really been struggling over the last couple of days in that all I seem to do is cry. I'm still only on day 10 of Venlafaxine and I know it might not start to kick in for a while yet, but I'm not sure how much longer I can cope like this. Even Diazepam didn't seem to be help my anxiety this morning, although I only have it in 2mg form. I know I need to believe things will get better on Venlafaxine, but there's always that little voice in the back of my head saying "what if it doesn't work?" and "what if it keeps getting worse?" It's getting to the point where I'm almost afraid to go to bed at night because I know I'll wake up feeling awful in the morning.

Once again I'm sorry for being so negative. And thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

nicola1980
06-09-12, 19:24
Mira i promise you it does get better :hugs: i also used to dread going to sleep at night because i knew what the mornings would bring but please stick with it and use your diazepam to help you through, 2mg didn't used to help me much but i found if i took 4mg it helped more xx

spawn
06-09-12, 19:35
Like nicola said double up on the 2mg diaz!
I used to look 4ward to bedtime when i had bad side effects, atleast when ur asleep you cant feel the pain. but i know what u mean about mornings, they are the worst part of the day, i would be anxious as soon as i opened my eyes! It does get better!

miraiiro
06-09-12, 19:46
Mira i promise you it does get better :hugs: i also used to dread going to sleep at night because i knew what the mornings would bring but please stick with it and use your diazepam to help you through, 2mg didn't used to help me much but i found if i took 4mg it helped more xx

Thank you so much for the reassurance, Nicola. You're always telling me it'll get better, and I really need to start believing you. Unfortunately, I only have four more Diazepam left (I had five to start with and have been trying not to use them until now) but I see my GP on Monday so will ask if I can get some more. I'm a bit scared of them, to be honest, as I keep hearing about people getting addicted to them. But, if they help the anxiety when it's at its worst...

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Like nicola said double up on the 2mg diaz!
I used to look 4ward to bedtime when i had bad side effects, atleast when ur asleep you cant feel the pain. but i know what u mean about mornings, they are the worst part of the day, i would be anxious as soon as i opened my eyes! It does get better!

I never even thought to take 2x2mg (I'm a bit scared of Diazepam, to be honest), but I'll definitely give it a try once I get some more from my doctor on Monday. Right now, I'm on rations, ahaha (I only have four left so I need to make them count). Thank you also for the reassurance! I really need to believe things will get better, even if it doesn't seem like it right now. :hugs:

pinkdove
06-09-12, 19:48
sorry guys been really busy this past few days, had another extraction done on tuesday morning, and another appointment for next tuesday at 9am, cant say im crazy on it, but im coping, will be glad when its all finished, although i have some work to be done yet.

on a brighter note my son got engaged on sunday and we are all so happy for them, they dont want to get married in 2013, so it will be a couple of years beore i have to look for a hat (a pink straw one pip lol ) been out everyday, reading in the sun, and generally getting on with my life, and enjoying things too :D

for evryone still suffering, keep going, i know you will get better, and i really do think that time is the key, dont rush things, if theres one thing i've learnt about this is that it will take your body and mind time too heal, and a lot of determination from you too.

but when you do heal, and you will, you like me will start to enjoy life again, and be stronger for having beaten it, you are all strong, you have to be to get through this, i really hope you all start to feel better soon, and bye the way the swears are even getting better now, so no side effects at all.

:hugs: to all of you xxx

Pipkin
06-09-12, 22:10
Hi all,

Welcome back Pink, we were wondering what you were up to. Lots of well dones for you - I didn't even need to send you positive vibes and you were there at the dentist, happily being poked and prodded. It won't be long until your teeth are all sorted. Congratulations on your son's engagement too. A nice pink hat is in order, none of these fascinator jobbies. Great to see you're busy and good to have you back.

Miraiiro - sorry you're feeling so low. I can promise that it does get better. Stick it out for a while longer and you'll soon start to see an improvement. We've all been through that stage and know what it's like and we wouldn't tell you to keep at it if it wasn't worth it, honest!

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
07-09-12, 11:58
hi mira, tes pip is so right hun, you will get there, and unfortunately you will have some up's and down's alng the way, however the good days will start to be more frequent than the bad days, and with time you will get there, i really find distraction is the best way forward, have you tried out some of the games on this site ? a good distraction, addictive, and fun too, or reading, anything really to keep your mind occupied, really hope you have a better day today xx

tracey, hope you are feeing a bit more positive today after our wee chat, i know you'll do it, take care hun, and one day at a time xx

slowfish sorry you are stll struggling a bit and paul too, cant comment on the 225mg dose, but if it was me i would try to think if i really feel better on the higher dose, and if so, continue, if not have another chat with your gp, hope you start to make some headway soon xx

nicola, not another virus, but thinking about it i felt like that about a month ago, but as you say just one thing after another, you are doing so well, and you will bounce back xx

joy mr w, and all the gang really hope you are all ok xx

another busy one for me today, waiting for hubby to run him down for his van it has been in for repair, so another load of money to shell out, then if theres time going to go for lunch, just to say there are morings when i get up and could just curl up again, but i am learning to push through it, and carry on with my day, i have come such a long way, and you will all get there to xx

nicola1980
07-09-12, 14:36
Hi all, well im feeling alot better today so hopefully this virus or whatever ive had is on its way out now!! been out for coffee this morning and just been and had a pub lunch with hubby :D now chilling before jack gets home!! hope everyone is ok :hugs: xx

rockbottok
07-09-12, 17:42
Well guys. It was defo just a blip or affects of anesthetic. As I am feeling back on form now. Thanks for all being there.

Mira.... I know exactly how u are feeling. I was sure I'd never get thro it AGAIN. But low and behold I did and u will too. Hang in there. Ven takes a little longer to become effective than most ssri so just b patient and try and relax ( easier said then done) and I also know wot u mean about the diazepam being addictive I'm always very worried over stuff like that. But dr wouldn't prescribe them if he thought ud be one of them. It's mainly people with a past drug/alcohol problem so don't worry.

Lou x

TJSMITH
07-09-12, 18:21
Hi all
Pleased you feeling better Nicola
How is Laura getting on anyone know?

Well I had two better days where didn't think about how I feel followed by 2 crap.
It's bloody hard to remain positive on bad days, any tips for stopping the thoughts before they take hold? I can even feel when it's coming on and when it's lifting does anyone relate to that?

Well on a positive note supposed to be a nice weekend so try and enjoy guys x

miraiiro
07-09-12, 19:02
Thank you so, so much Nicola, Gav, Pink, Pip and Lou for all the kind words and support. Your positivity must have managed to reach me because today was much better. It's the first day in almost a week that I haven't spent crying, so I'll take that as a good sign. I haven't been all "I'm cured, hooray!" as the anxiety is still there, albeit not as horrible as usual, but I'm being cautiously optimistic. Still a bit scared that tomorrow might end up being filled with despair again, but I hope it's bearable and that I can cope.

Thank you once again, everyone! Your encouragement has been very much appreciated. :hugs:

kittikat
07-09-12, 19:11
Well done miraiiro, stay positive, you are doing just great :hugs:

Nicola, I am glad to hear you are feeling better too :hugs:

Hope everyone else is doing well. I am doing ok, I think most of the SE's have settled down now, just a litttle flat today but doing fine.

Big hugs to all :bighug1: Kitti x

nicola1980
07-09-12, 19:13
Thank you so, so much Nicola, Gav, Pink, Pip and Lou for all the kind words and support. Your positivity must have managed to reach me because today was much better. It's the first day in almost a week that I haven't spent crying, so I'll take that as a good sign. I haven't been all "I'm cured, hooray!" as the anxiety is still there, albeit not as horrible as usual, but I'm being cautiously optimistic. Still a bit scared that tomorrow might end up being filled with despair again, but I hope it's bearable and that I can cope.

Thank you once again, everyone! Your encouragement has been very much appreciated. :hugs:
:yesyes: great news Mira, your slowly getting there, its a long road but we'll all make it :hugs: xx

Pipkin
07-09-12, 20:54
Evening all,

The weekend is here so I order everyone to take it easy, do very little and try and enjoy our late summer (though I could swear I just saw a gritter drive past my house - I must be imagining it!).

So many of us are now starting to feel better and I'm getting more and more hopeful of our ven buddies outing. For newer members, I promised us all a night out when we're all back on form and the first round's on me! I think it might get expensive but it would be worth every penny. One day maybe...

I know I keep repeating myself (it must be old age) but anyone who's still in the early stages, you will feel better and I really know how it feels. You have all my support anytime. I'm never far away.

Off to get a takeaway pizza now. Seafood, I think...

Pip xxx

spawn
07-09-12, 21:07
Ive got takeaway and a small glass of cider! I must be feeling better!! :)
Hope everyone has a good evening!
Not got alot planned for weekend, apart from getting aload of needles stuck in my body 2moz! :yesyes:

pinkdove
08-09-12, 11:36
morning guys, pip, cant wait till everyone is back on form, and hopefully a meeting, and yes i need your positive vibes tuesday morning 9am, this last extraction has very little tooth, so im brickin it AGAIN !!!! just the root, its our anniversary on tues, so hoping i'll be ok to go out at lunchtime, hope you enjoyed your seafood pizza, sounds delicious, have a great weekend, and im obeying orders taking it easy this weekend, off out for a meal soon with the newly engaged couple xx

hope everyone has a lovely weekend, and keep thinking you're another day closer to getting better :hugs: to you all xxxxx

nicola1980
08-09-12, 19:11
Hi everyone, well its been bloody red hot here today lovely :D im still doing ok, have been to a friends daughters birthday party this afternoon which i wasn't particulary looking forward too as i knew they'd be loads of people etc but i went and coped ok :yesyes: everybody kept asking why i wasn't drinking tho cause i always used to love a drink :blush: but i haven't dared have one while on the ven as don't want to jepourdise my recovery so i used the excuse i needed to drive later! hows everyone else doing? xx

TJSMITH
08-09-12, 19:16
Hi there everyone
Good day for me kept busy am then sat in sun reading a book still thinking about how I feel big not all the time I then find myself questioning that lol....

Nic I have drank once a week on sertraline and found doesn't effect me unless I go mad ie more than 3 glasses of wine.

Working 4 days next week then 2 days helping in my kids school to keep busy.

How's everyone else getting on?
Feel alone as I'm only one on sertraline and that group very quiet xx

nicola1980
08-09-12, 19:22
Tracy im just the same with the thinking and questioning lol, sertraline is a good med hun, it changed my sisters life and she was very poorly with anorexia, anxiety and depression, it took a while and she needed to increase to 150mg but shes now tapering off it shes that well :D xx

TJSMITH
08-09-12, 20:47
When will it stop lol I take hope from fact now have brief moments of normality and great it's helped your sister very reassuring :)
I have been on it just over three months and 7 of those at 100mg.

Pleased you still on the up Nic as you been on one hell of a roller coaster.
Just opened the wine but going to limit it to two x

spawn
08-09-12, 21:25
Well i had a busy day, went to the bank this morning, hoovered and dusted the house, just moved into a 4 bedroom town house and it takes ages to clean the whole house!..lol, then 2nite i went to ikea in Bristol.
So had a good day no anxiety, my head is less lightheaded aswell, havent felt this good in over 3 months!
Hope everyone is well!

TJSMITH
08-09-12, 22:05
That's great news it's such a relief to have any normality after going through the hell that anxiety is.

kittikat
08-09-12, 23:00
Well i had a busy day, went to the bank this morning, hoovered and dusted the house, just moved into a 4 bedroom town house and it takes ages to clean the whole house!..lol, then 2nite i went to ikea in Bristol.
So had a good day no anxiety, my head is less lightheaded aswell, havent felt this good in over 3 months!
Hope everyone is well!

Great news Gav, well done!! A very inspiring post, I hope it continues well for you :hugs:

I am still feeling a little spaced out but generally good too, anxiety much lower, still sleeping well but sooo tired all the time. Feeling very positive though, fingers crossed!! Kitti :)

miraiiro
08-09-12, 23:22
Hope everyone is well!

I'm so glad to hear that, Gav! It's great that you're doing so well now after having such a tough start up period on Venlafaxine. I really hope things continue to stay this good for you. :)

Pipkin
08-09-12, 23:26
Hi everyone,

Well, it's been a scorcher here today too but I'm not complaining. I've had a thoroughly relaxing day out walking and now I'm just sitting watching a bit of telly.

Pink - vibes coming your way on Tuesday, not that you'll need them as you're doing so well. Once you've got this out of the way, you're through the worst. It must be such a relief after worrying about it for so long. It's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it. You're a star!

Tracy - there are lots of people on sertraline here, more than are on ven. It's just a shame they're not as active as us. I know you get support from WW as he's on the same meds so I hope that helps. I believe that there's very little between the different meds, to be honest. It's just that different ones suit different people. Stick it out for a while longer and, if you're still not right, go and speak to your GP again about changing.

Gav - really excellent news. I know you've had a really difficult time but you're getting there at last. See how you get on for the next week or so and then you can decide if you need an increase. I think you'll still see some further improvements on that dose so it might be right for you. I think you'll know.

Kitti - again, you're doing really well. I had the fuzzy head feeling for at least a couple of weeks but it does go so you won't have to put up with it for much longer. After your real fear about starting these, you're so positive and are dealing with the effects really well. It shows how strong you are. A big well done.

Hello to everyone else and I hope you're all ok.

Take care

Pip

spawn
08-09-12, 23:26
You should be improving by the day now Kitti, ur about a week behind me arnt u?
You can up your dose soon aswell to 75mg?

Im waiting til wed next week to decide to up to 150mg, i dont know if its for the best or not? il talk to my doctor first... Take care kitti.x

kittikat
08-09-12, 23:44
Thanks Pip...you are always right :) x

Gav, yes, I'm about a week behind you but definitely feel like I am getting there. Docs monday week so will discuss upping the dose then. Wish you all the best :) x

nicola1980
09-09-12, 08:35
Morning everyone :) well it looks like being another scorcher again today :D im the only one up at the min so just been pottering around waiting for everyone else to rise!! Jacks exhausted after his first week at secondary school bless him and has a huge mouth ulcer due to the stress of it i think so the lie in will do him good, im feeling quite bright and chirpy this morning, hows everyone else? Gav sounds like your making real progress thats great :yahoo: Mira and Kitti you won't be far behind :hugs: Pink will also be sending positive vibes your way on tues, your being so brave :hugs: well think its time for another cuppa and a fag :blush: :grouphug: xx

TJSMITH
09-09-12, 10:50
Morning all
Lovely chirpy post Nic. Well I had few glasses of wine last night so feel a bit yuk lol but got to get ready for work soon, would love to make the most of this weather but need the money.
On the whole I'm doing ok with some blips but looking back over the months more good than bad.
How is everyone else ? Joy not heard from you in a while hope you ok.

Hope everyone has a better day in this gorgeous weather xx

joy
09-09-12, 12:04
No I'm not doing well at all. I was doing great on olanzapine but my ankles swelled up so shrink took me off it as he said it was a strain on my heart and I'm awaiting an apt with a heart consultant anyway. Sadly benzos dont work for me so I'm left climbing the walls. Shrink also wont change meds until I've seen consultant. Having a really bad day so far, forced myself to church but couldnt wait to get away.
Sorry to put a damper on all you lot that are all chirpy and better

Joy

nicola1980
09-09-12, 12:20
joy sending you a :bighug1: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :bighug1: xx

Pipkin
09-09-12, 12:51
Afternoon,

Well I promised myself a relaxing weekend and I'm definitely having one. Walked 5 miles this morning and have just had lunch outside a pub. I gave Freddie a bone to keep him quiet but instead of chewing it, he dug a hole in their lawn and buried it when I wasn't looking. Hopefully the landlord will think it's moles...

Joy - sorry you're having a bad time of it lately. You really seem to have been around the houses with your meds and have had some bad luck. I'm sure you'll find the right combination soon but I know it takes time for some people. Big hugs coming your way :hugs:

Now a 5 mile walk home. Good job I put my sunscreen on because there's not a cloud in the sky and it's scorching.

Take care

Pip xxx

spawn
09-09-12, 13:14
Hey peeps!
Well im feeling quite heady 2day, but didnt go to bed til late and been in bed all morning so i guess thats not really going to help, my mood dropped right off last night after having a good day?? Strange? Maybe i just over done it and got tired?

Try and go for a walk or something in abit, and my little sis is coming round later.
Hopefully il cheer up abit!

Have a good day everyone!
Gav.

TJSMITH
09-09-12, 13:21
Joy sorry you still having rubbish time, what benzo have you tried and what dose?
I tried lorazapam and seemed to calm me a bit or could be me thinking that whereas diazapan did nothing.
I think my gp only let me have them because I said was using alcohol to get through it ( not recommended as next day always worse)
My sister swears by clonazepam but I not tried that.

How long you suffered this now joy? Has it always been crippling?

Sending you the biggest hugs xxxx

nicola1980
10-09-12, 08:55
Morning all, hope everyone is ok :hugs: i keep waking at 3:30 every morning and im wide awake aswell its driving me nuts :mad: but apart from that im feeling ok, im seeing my physchatrist this morning so see what she has to say but think she'll be pleased with my progress, my mum and dad are going away tomo for a week :ohmy: for those of you that don't know they had to cancel their last holiday as i was so poorly but i feel strong enough to cope with it now..........Joy get ready for the phonecalls lol!!! hope all our newbies are getting on ok :hugs: and remember the first few weeks are the hardest but things get better xx

TJSMITH
10-09-12, 09:55
Morning all
Nicola from your posts of late seems you finally there, how long you been on ven for?
I'm ok just very tired was on lates yesterday and today, had to get up early for school runs.
Currently applying for jobs as time to use my qualifications.

Hope everyone else ok x

slowfish
10-09-12, 10:14
Hi all

Good to read that so many of you are feeling better. Nicola you sound really chirpy which is great news, hope you keep improving too! I know what you mean about waking up in the night though - I seem to wake every couple of hours, really frustrating.

I've felt a lot worse over the last week. The tiredness is really annoying - wake up tired and just feel really sleepy all day. Not sure if its because dose is too high? Plus the shoulders and neck really ache again - anyone else get this? So fed up with this low mood!!

Big hugs to everyone x

spawn
10-09-12, 10:16
Morning! im not to bad all dosed up with paracetamol, diaz and ven!
Been for a quick walk round the local lake!
Just popped into work. Feeling not to bad, was alittle on edge first thing... but i always im in the mornings. Think god for diaz!..lol
Gav.

Sober2000june
10-09-12, 11:41
Morning all,

Just chiming in for a quick update.
Still on 225mg venla and 3 months off diaz.
Had not bad weekend still not nearly there but hopfully moving in the correct direction.Im not who was concerned about diaz, but i was very reserved about using it being a recovering alcoholic(12yrs 3months today actually). But i did use it when i thought i was going insane and being dragged off to hades. The point being, if an alchy can use it for nine months and get off it; then for those of you worrying like i did DONT!

Day off to do some painting outside.

The one positvie i will take with being on meds is the relationship with wife and i are best its been, thus making it a far better environment for the kids.

Now, all i need is my dark passenger to French Connection UK off!
Have a good day my fellow travellers:hugs:

Paul

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

p.s. thur coming will be 7 weeks on 225

nicola1980
10-09-12, 13:48
Slowfish and Paul do you think you could be on a too higher dose than what you need? only asking cause if that happens then you can get the adverse reaction?? well the shrink was very pleased with me, she said i looked and sounded so much better, ive now been on the 150mg 8 weeks and noticed a difference around the 6 week mark, have to go back and see her in 5 weeks xx

slowfish
10-09-12, 13:59
Maybe thats it Nicola - I might have increased too quickly.
4 weeks on 75mg, then 6 weeks on 150mg and now been on 225mg 7 weeks.

So maybe I didn't give the lower doses long enough to kick in?

But how do I know what effects are of too higher dose?!?

nicola1980
10-09-12, 14:15
you could always try rducing your dose and see if you feel any better? according to my shrink 150mg is theraputic dose for anxiety/panic disorders which ive got and anything higher is more for depression?? xx

pinkdove
10-09-12, 14:50
hi guys nicola so pleased you got on ok with your pysc, and not to go back for 5 weeks, you've come such a long way, well done. xx

slowfish i think we had the same conversation when we were taking cit, i think nicola has a point, why not speak to your gp, you could always reduce by 37.5mg, a jump from 150mg to 225mg might have been a bit much for you,

what i done was start on 37,5mg twice a day for a month, then 75mg am and 37,5mg pm for another month, then 75mg am and 75mg pm for a further month, then took 150mg xl caps once in the morning, now at that dose it took around 6 weeks for me to feel they were working, and there have been times when i've thought of increasing/decreasing, but with the help of pip, have stuck it out, and i think for me this dose is doing as much as a med can do for me.

think about how you really feel, do you fel any better or worse than you did on the lower dose, i think the lowest dose you can get relief from for me is the best dose. hope this helps xx

pip you sound as if you had a lovely relaxing weekend, aw freddy digging up the pub garden :roflmao:made me laugh out loud, typical puppy, remember those vibes for me tomorrow, not looking forward to this one :scared15: xx

hope everyone else is doing ok xx

nicola1980
10-09-12, 15:33
Good luck tomo Pink will be thinking of you :hugs: xx

pinkdove
10-09-12, 17:53
aw thanks nicola, i am a big woose xxx

Pipkin
10-09-12, 19:04
Hi all,

Not a bad day - just a bit jittery which I usually am on a Monday anyway. Had a terrible night's sleep so I'm completely zonked. Hurt my leg this morning chasing Freddie around the lounge as he decided it would be good fun to chew my sky remote. I fell over the sofa and banged my leg where I tore a tendon a few years ago. I've been limping around all day but at least I can see the funny side (just!).

Pink - I'll be thinking of you in the morning. Last tooth out and then it's the easy stuff. Had a strange conversation with someone I know at the weekend. She'd just got a rescue dog 2 weeks ago and it turns out she couldn't cope at all. She ended up in hospital with anxiety and panic attacks. The poor dog's had to go back. I wish I'd known sooner because I think I could really have helped her through it - you know that I understand how that feels very well. Without your support, I don't think I'd have Freddie now and that's unthinkable because I love him to bits! If I haven't said thanks before, I'll say it now :hugs:

Slowfish - it could be the dose as you did increase quickly but the difficult thing is that everyone's different. To try and make sense of it all, I read the detailed medical trials for ven (you'd think I had nothing better to do) but they're not very consistent. One showed 75mg to be superior to higher doses for anxiety, another showed higher doses to be better. All showed that 37.5mg works but not as well as higher doses. At the end of the day, the best approach is to start low and increase slowly until you feel better. You probably increased too fast to be able to tell. I'd stick with it for a while and see how it goes.

Nicola - sounds very positive. It's always a really good sign when our docs say we seem better. You're doing great and I can see you're doing things you haven't done for a while. Well done!

Take care

Pip xxx

miraiiro
10-09-12, 19:17
Wow, it sounds like a lot of people have been doing pretty well lately! And I'm sending hugs to everyone who's going through a rough patch at the moment. I had a very nice weekend doing things with family, but then I kind of came back down to earth this morning. My anxiety was up again and my mood was a bit low (but thankfully nowhere near as bad as it has been previously). I suppose I was just a bit disheartened that I haven't started seeing any benefits yet after being on the Venlafaxine for two weeks now, but I know it's still early days. The first few days I had physical side effects (nausea, insomnia, loss of appetite, headaches, etc), then I had a week where my anxiety was sky high and my mood wasn't far from rock bottom. These past few days I've been feeling the same as I did before I started the Venlafaxine, so there's been no improvement yet. I saw my doctor tonight who said it could take another month to start kicking in, but even that can't seem to shut the little nagging voice in the back of my head up that keeps saying "what if it doesn't work?" For the time being, although I may not be any better, I'm also no worse so I'll keep sticking with the Venlafaxine and hoping that it does start working at some point. The physical side effects have disappeared anyway, with the exception of the night sweats (yuck), so it's not like I have anything to lose by continuing with the medication. I'm just impatient and want good things to start happening very soon, ahaha.

Once again, thank you very much for all the positivity and reassurances! Everyone here is so wonderful. I don't know where I'd be without you. :hugs:

TJSMITH
10-09-12, 21:10
Hi all
Well still at work and back at five am arghhh lol.
Anxiety wise another good day at point stop and think omg I feel more myself and look for it. Can't believe I'm at this point as looking back I'm Defo improving.
Nice to hear from you pink and good luck tomorrow, I had my root canal finished this week and have massive fear of dentists or did until I suffered anxiety which in my opinion far worse.
Nice to hear a lot doing well and I finally feel strong enough to say to those that aren't it def gets better xxxx

pinkdove
10-09-12, 21:18
hi pip, that is so sad about your friend and the rescue dog, im sure you could have helped her with your own experience with freddie, although she may not be ready for the change yet, you have been strong enough to overcome your fears and anxiety with freddie, and it has been the best thing for you, don't dwell on it pip, its not the best thing for everyone, hope your leg feels better, and the remote still works, chill the rest of the evening, they're not puppies forever :D take care :hugs:

mira, you will get there, you have had not a bad weekend, so for the short time you've been on the ven there has been a bit of improvement, and it really is still early days for you, your gp is right its about the 6 week mark when things start to settle, although you will gradually see improvements leading up to that point.
we are all impatient to get better, but it cant be rushed, your body and mind are adjusting to the meds just now, so take it easy and one day at a tme xx

slowfish great advice from pip as usuall, and very interesting too, hope you are feeling a bit better xx

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

tracey crossed posts, i am pleased you are seeing some improvement, been thru that stage where i felt odd feeling better, you will get there though, and doing so well working through it, im sure that helps, i miss working i think i would have recovered quicker with a job. take care hun xx

TJSMITH
10-09-12, 21:35
Hi pink
I work casual in a call centre so ideal really as its on a as and when basis plus my manager was fab she said work hour to hour and see how I go so I probably only had two months of if weren't for her would probably still be off.
You gave helped me so much, I know I will still have bad days hopefully less and less.
Hi pip sorry to hear about dog that's a Shame. Hope your friend better soon x

pinkdove
10-09-12, 21:52
tracey sounds like a great job, thats what you need an understanding boss, i should have went sick when i was first ill, but on gp's advice left, he said i was completely burnt out and my body needed time to recover, that was nearly 3 years ago, was ok for the first 6 months, then i had the breakdown, i do look at the internet and was offered a job back in november part time but it was weekend work, and its not really what i want, but i will start to look again soon, dont fancy the winter at home,

maybe some voluntary work just to get the feel of things again xx

TJSMITH
10-09-12, 22:39
Yes ideal job as also work around my husbands shifts and three kids. Nothing wrong with voluntary I'm starting in my kids school as well on thurs the days I can't work in my own job to fill the hours and keep me busy plus I'm qualified so hoping a job will come up there soon.
My mum an area manager for British heart foundation she said most of them have thier issus ie depression, anxiety, disability, past addiction and they do the job to keep them occupied.
Go for it xx

Pipkin
11-09-12, 08:59
Good luck Pink. Positive vibes coming your way. Half an hour and it'll all be over.

Pip :hugs:

slowfish
11-09-12, 16:14
Yeah hope its gone OK Pink - was thinking of you!

Strangely I feel much better today. After feeling the worst I've felt in a long time yesterday and at the weekend I felt a bit calmer last night - maybe it was the re-assurance from you guys?!

Anyway, don't feel as drowsy today and not as negative. Had quite a good therapy session. I find it really good to just let it all out for an hour - the counsellor hardly gets a word in lol.

I'm going to stick with 225mg and see how it goes (thanks Pip) But thanks Nicola for pointing out dose might actually be too high - didnt think that too high a dose would have adverse effects but it makes sense really.

When does everyone take their ven? Morning or evening?

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Pipkin
11-09-12, 17:04
Morning for me, just after breakfast. The highlight of my day!!

Pip x

pinkdove
11-09-12, 17:19
hi guys, tracey i used to manage a charity shop, really hard work but so rewarding, did it for 15 years, worked for bhf for a year or so, think thats what im missing, the company and the hard graft, hope you are feeling ok today xx

pip really needed those positive vibes this morning, it was a wisdom tooth, and took some pulling, but got through it ok, just a wee bit sore now, but painkillers are helping, need another wisdom tooth out in 2 weeks, thena couple of fillings and finished, going to have a chinese for tea, hope i can manage it as im starving, hope you are ok, and thanks again these vibes really helped xx

slowfish same as pip after breakfast for me too, so glad you are feeling a bit better, hopefully on the turn now, well done for sticking it out xx

hope everyone else is ok today, going to chill out tonight, and watch some telly xx

Pipkin
11-09-12, 17:32
Well done Pink! Nearly there now... If you put up with extractions, the rest will be easy. I hope you enjoy your Chinese. Crispy duck?

Pip xxx

TJSMITH
11-09-12, 17:42
Money not eerything i think helping others makes you feel good.

Im getting myself a bit worked up with strange sensations in my head but cant explain it also having few heart palpitations which not had in a while but am wondering if pushed it to much as worked until 11pm last night and back up at 4am today for early shift.

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

well done you at the dentist i was relieved it was over last week although got to have wisdom tooth out soon.

Sober2000june
11-09-12, 18:12
Well, today is the 1st anniversary of starting the meds. I’d love to say feel much better but I don’t. Saw the works GP today and she suggests I see a Psychiatrist soon! She mentioned private, and I mentioned that £200/hr may not be much to a Doc but it is to a lowly Engineer.:blush: Anyway, she is going to try and suggest to company to see if they'll pay for one. I see my own GP Monday and hopefully will find out the situation with the NHS consultant he wrote to. I have had one hell of a day and just feel normality is never coming back and wish I had never started on meds. Only thing keeping me going is the 10 -12 week thing and as I’ll be 7wks on Thursday my level of hope is rapidly diminishing.:weep:.

Sorry for the moan folks, but ive been on this med for 5 1/2 months now and if this is as good as it gets, well id rather not be here.

spawn
11-09-12, 20:57
Hey peeps. Sorry a few of you arnt feeling that great.
I had a really good day thats 2 in a row! Im def feeling alot better, i was at work all day no problems, and havent had a diazepam all day.
Still suffering with headaches, but can live with that.
Ive been on ven 3 weeks 2moz, and still on 75mg XL.
Starting to feel human again after 3 months of hell!
Thanks for the support peeps! :)

Pipkin
11-09-12, 22:23
Wow Gav, you're sounding much better! Great news and well done for persevering.

Pip

kittikat
11-09-12, 22:28
Great news Gav...you are doing so well :yesyes:

I had the usual- shakes and anx first thing, after taking my Ven, I had a burst of buzzy energy, then just felt really low and tired for the rest of the day....oh well, not too bad I guess, tomorrow is another day....must stay positive :shrug:

Hope everyone else is doing ok tonight :hugs: Kitti x

Pipkin
11-09-12, 23:22
Hi Kitti,

All well here - just off to bed. You should start to settle down over the next few days - I remember between 2 and 3 weeks seeing an improvement with the SEs subsiding. I never got that burst of energy though though I know other people have said that too. Are you starting to feel a bit less anxious?

Pip

kittikat
11-09-12, 23:28
yes Pip, mostly just anxious in the mornings now..

Sleep well, catch up soon x

Pipkin
11-09-12, 23:37
Kitti,

I know what you mean. No matter how good I'm feeling, I'm still a bit shaky in the mornings and I've just learnt to live with it. A walk with my doggy calms me down and gets me ready for work. I never understand why the mornings are worst but it's always been the same.

Glad you're starting to feel better. We'll have a good catch up at the weekend if you're around.

Take care

nicola1980
12-09-12, 12:22
Hi all well i woke up with another migraine again...2nd in a week now :mad: used to suffer them alot in my early twenties but thought id grew out of them but obvousley not :mad: so took my migraine tablets and laid down until my alarm went off, its subsided a bit but still there so been dosing on the sofa all morning and just took some more painkillers, hows everyone else doing today? Gav you sound like you've turned a corner :yesyes: so kitti you won't be far behind either :hugs: Pink well done at the dentist :yesyes: Pip, Joy. Tracy and everyone else hope your ok :hugs: xxxxxx

pinkdove
12-09-12, 12:37
hi guys sorry about the migraine nicola, been the same as you this morning on the painkillers, swollen face, and pain after having wisdom tooth out, at least i have 2 weeks rest till the last one is extracted.

pip funny about the mornings, its always been the worse for me too, but i accept it now too, and i can usually shake it off and get on with my day, not today tho' feeling a bit shakey, and in pain, but i think its just the stress of yesterday, going to chill on the sofa today and not feel guilty.

hope you have a good day xx

paul how are you feeling, a bit concerned about your last post, things will get better, we have all been there and come out the other end, and you will too xx
gav geat news, hope you continue to improve xx

hows everyone else today ?

Pipkin
12-09-12, 12:59
Hi everyone,

The usual lunchtime post from me. Just an ordinary day which probably isn't a bad thing, just a bit tired still.

Nicola - ven's supposed to prevent migraines in the majority of people but for some, it can cause them. It might not be related though, I guess. Still, I get them occasionally and I know how awful they can be. Just take it easy and try and get a bit of fresh air when you're feeling a bit better.

Pink - it can be quite painful after an extraction, especially a wisdom tooth but I always think that at least that's the last time you'll get any grief from that tooth. It's bound to make you feel a bit under the weather the next day as it's very stressful. Just relax and enjoy a bit of quiet time and a cuddle from Rosie. I sometimes enjoy a little think about how I felt a year ago and how much I've improved. It generally perks me up if I'm feeling a bit low.

Paul - of course this isn't as good as it gets. You just need to persevere and find the right answer for you. Some of us are lucky and stumble upon it fairly quickly. Others, like you, have to keep on trying other approaches until you get there. But you will get there! Please go and have a review with your doctor and discuss openly how you feel. It may be that you're not on the right meds or you might just be on the wrong dose. Whatever the reason, the solution's there, it's just finding it. We're always here to support you whenever you need us.

Take care

Pip x

miraiiro
12-09-12, 18:13
Hullo, I hope everyone's okay today. I also hope the migraine goes away soon, Nicola. I get them all the time and they're really not nice. I also hope you're starting to feel a bit better after the tooth extraction, Pink.

As for me, I've been having a bit of a stressful week with lots of stuff going on. I've also hit the two week mark of being on Venlafaxine and am still disappointed that there's been no improvement yet. I haven't noticed any lift in mood, and my anxiety is still as bad as ever. It's kind of weird though in that, unlike a lot of other sufferers, mine comes from being alone and isolated. I'm fine once I get out of the house and with other people, but it's being home alone that makes me so anxious, especially in the mornings. I'd never minded living on my own before until my disastrous experience with Sertraline earlier this year. Heck, I'd never even had anxiety before that. Now I can't seem to get rid of it. I really hope Venlafaxine works, if only because it's been the easiest medication for me to tolerate, but nothing is getting better yet and it's really disheartening. I know, I know, it could be another month yet before it brings any benefits, but I wish the good things would happen sooner.

Sorry for sounding like a broken record! I'm just a bit upset because I get discharged from the mental health team tomorrow and I'm really worried about it. I don't want to go back to struggling along on my own. That's why I want the Venlafaxine to start working, so I can feel a bit stronger and more able to cope.

Thanks as always for reading. :)

spawn
12-09-12, 18:59
Miraiiro, the 2 week mark was hardest for me.
Your nearly there now, another week and you should start to improve, they say 3-4 weeks to get in your system.

I to felt worse when on my own, i tried to not put myself in that situation because i knew i would get anxious.

Im on week 3 now, havent took diazepam for 2 days and havent felt anxious at all!
I didnt think things could turn around but they have started to slowly. Every couple of days i notice a difference with myself, and im back to work and dealing with my business again.

Stick with it! :)
Gav.

Pipkin
13-09-12, 06:14
Happy birthday Kitti :yesyes:

One year older, one year wiser...

william wallace
13-09-12, 09:10
Morning folks, very chilly here in the county of Angus this morning.
Sorry haven't been around much this last wee while so right out of the loop at the moment hope you're all doing ok.
As I said earlier I've bought a nice big low mileage white Ford Transit and in the throws of starting my own business. Did my first job yesterday it was just a wardrobe and recliner about 10 miles or so. The lass was well chuffed at £45 she told me she had quotes of over £70!!, and it only took an hour or so. Why are folks so greedy?

Anyways, I have a couple of bands interested in using my services and also a couple of groups of offroad motorcyclists so I bought a set of 3 rear seats out of a minibus, this allows me to seat 5.
The deal I've offered to the bikers is, £15 per bike including pickup, taken to the track, a light barbecue lunch ie. a cheeseburger, crisps and a can of coke, drop off 6 hours or so later minimum 5 bikes.

Anyway, got to go, be well, catch up in a day or two:hugs:all round even the blokes:D

Tufty
13-09-12, 09:13
Morning Mr W, Hope you had a good birthday:hugs:
It sounds like you've given this van thing alot of thought and should be successful, good luck.
Pleased to hear you sounding busy and well.
Love to Sandra and a big hug for Holly:hugs:
Love Sam

william wallace
13-09-12, 11:28
One back at you Sam:hugs:

nicola1980
13-09-12, 12:01
Mr W we've missed you :hugs: hope Sandras feeling better :hugs: How are you Sam? well not a great day for me today, am suffering the aftermaths of my migraine yesterday, head very sore, tired and anxiety lurking :mad: so after dropping Jack off i took a diazepam and went back to sleep for 2 hours, i knew this week would be hard for me as my mum and dad are away but im determined to struggle through the best i can, lots of love and :hugs: to everyone xxxxxx

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

:birthday: Kitti, hope you have a lovely day :bighug1: xx

pinkdove
13-09-12, 12:52
happy birthday kittie :D and good luck with the new business mr w xx

feeling a wee bit better today less shakey and the pain is subsiding a bit as is the swelling, just chillin again today, a bit cold here to, but dry.has anyone else noticed the restless leg thing, my husband has said my legs go mad at night :blush: and when i lie on the sofa and watch telly mt feet go twenty to the dozen, really just started to notice it.

hope everyoe else is ok today xxx

kittikat
13-09-12, 13:08
Thank you Nicola & Pink for the birthday wishes :hugs: xx

Sorry to hear you are not feeling so good Nicola, I'm sure it will pass. And Pink, good to hear you are feeling a little better after your trip to the dentist.

I am doing ok....side effects subsiding now, back to docs Monday for a review but generally ok touch wood.

Big hugs to all :bighug1: xx

Sober2000june
13-09-12, 14:00
Thanks for the support Pink & Pip. Really needed it cus my head was tellng me im different fromyou guys and ill just not get it. Been better last two days. Just back from circuits and i actually enjoyed it:) Hoping this is a good sign.

Have a good day folks:hugs:

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

Pink re:restless legs my legs are going like the clappers at the moment under my desk. i usally appologise to the girl sitting opposite me for the vibrating table:blush:.

Tufty
13-09-12, 14:24
Hi Guys,
Yes I'm still here Nicola, I check this post everyday but as I'm not on Ven I don't have much to contribute. You sound like your doing really well Nicola with you parents away and all, I know thats difficult for you - well done.
I'm doing really well - not to rub it in or anything, it's been 26 weeks on the Prozac now and I'm on a low dose - just 5mg a day and it seems to be working a treat, I still take a Propanolol most days to get rid of the racing heart but mentally I feel 80-90% better. I still have off days, I had a couple last week but they're not a bad and don't last as long as before.
I do feel for you all still suffering but you will get better and be able to do normal things without anxiety again. I remember thinking I just wanted to feel safe in my own skin, I didn't care if I couldn't travel or work, I just wanted that sinking, scary feeling to go away - well it has. I sleep well, wake without the fear, shakes, sweats, nausea - it's all gone, I wake up and think about what I'm going to do that day not how I feel - that's how I know I'm OK.
I'm back at work and happy. I still take time out to do my breathing, relaxation and make more time for me doing nothing :), without much guilt.
So keep going, we are a powerful species - built to overcome adversities - never forget that we can all survive, learn and recover from anxiety.
Love and :hugs:
Sam

nicola1980
13-09-12, 14:33
Sam thats brilliant news well done :yahoo: im sooooooooo pleased for you :bighug1: xx

rockbottok
13-09-12, 16:55
Hi guys. Just a quick pop in to say all be positive and try and believe u will get better cos we all do in the end.

I'm feeling alot better regarding my blip. Think it was the anesthetic. I have a uti again ( constantly getting one after another) so feeling a little blah. They are sending me to a urologist cos this is constant torture. :( x

slowfish
13-09-12, 17:02
Hi all, just checking in.

Felt a lot better the last couple of days... not as drowsy, more focussed at work, less sweating!... maybe, just maybe I'm turning a corner.

Glad others are doing OK and for those not feeling too good - keep going...baby steps, day by day. We will all get there eventually! :-) x

pinkdove
13-09-12, 17:14
great news sam, kittie,slowfish lou and paul, great positive posts today, so pleased for you all, sam waking up without thinking about how you're feeling is a hugh step, i must admit i still have that although not nearly as bad as it was.

paul, restless legs maybe down to the ven if you have it too, i can cope with it, in fact i find it quite funny as i am not aware of it lol xx

pip, hope you are ok today, not long till the weekend, and a well earned rest. cant believe that now that the swelling has gone down i can feel some tooth i think has been left :ohmy: but i will wait till my next visit and see if it just comes out on its own, omg this dentist lark has taken its toll on me, but a week off next week, and at least im going......hows the leg ? hope its a bit better now xxxx

Pipkin
13-09-12, 19:00
Hi all,

Just a quick one as I'm working late tonight.

Pink - the leg's much better now thanks. I've tried not to fall over since! I just wanted to say that it's very very unlikely to be a bit of tooth you can feel - it will be a bit of bone from when the tooth was pulled out. Exactly the same happened to me twice and that's what it was. They usually come out fine on their own so it's nothing to worry about. A friend of mine is an A&E nurse and said that people come in all the time saying some tooth's still in but it never is.

Kitti - just in case you didn't spot it, I didn't forget your birthday! I wouldn't want you to think I did! :hugs:

Take care

Pip

pinkdove
13-09-12, 20:39
thanks again pip, i dont know why im getting so paronoid about it , i will leave it and see what happens, working late, you will be glad when the weekend arrives, glad the legs better xx

TJSMITH
13-09-12, 20:47
Hi all
Pink sorry to hear about your tooth :blush: Hope gets sorted soon.

Well after good days i now have a new issue bloody brain zaps and they are horrible anyone else had them? do they go?
heard this can happen on withdrawing but im not so bit confused.

Nicola sending :hugs:when is your mum back? Joy how are you??
Im trying to remember everyone but im rubbish lol...

Im off to a spa with my mum on saturday really hoping this horrible illness doesnt spoil it as looking forward to it a bit of pampering love it :yesyes:

Hows everyone else ??

kittikat
13-09-12, 22:51
Happy birthday Kitti :yesyes:

One year older, one year wiser...

Aww, thank you Pip....:hugs: xx

william wallace
14-09-12, 10:05
@ Pink;
Bone splinters or bony sequestrae are common occurrences following tooth removal - a thin shell of bone often surrounds a tooth and a small piece of that shell may die off and work its way out of the gum tissue following tooth removal.

Aren't I clever:D

pinkdove
14-09-12, 11:08
yes you are mr w, but we all know that, yea im hoping it will just come away on its own, less pain today, and the swelling going down too. how are you all up in gods country, i know you are busy with your new business venture, and i know you'll do well with that, when you said about helping bands around with their quipment it took me right back to my young days in edinburgh.......i was a groupie !!!! when the rollers were on the go, although we used to follow the tandem a rival group, which became pilot....remember them with magic ? oh those were the days,

hope sandra is better now,i still get the odd off days as im sure you do too, but i think we are able to deal with them better take care and good luck :hugs:

hope everyone is is ok today, going out to lunch and my usuall friday jaunt round the shops, but very windy here today, still its dry at the moment xx

:hugs: to you all xxxx

Pipkin
14-09-12, 12:43
@ Pink;
Bone splinters or bony sequestrae are common occurrences following tooth removal - a thin shell of bone often surrounds a tooth and a small piece of that shell may die off and work its way out of the gum tissue following tooth removal.

Aren't I clever:D

Hmmph - isn't that what I said? :mad: You just put it better than me:winks:

Pip

kittikat
14-09-12, 16:38
Hope you are all are doing well today :hugs:

Well, I am into week 3 now and I just feel sooo low, flat, very tearful too. Have had the ups & downs but not like I am feeling now....is this normal? I stupidly thought I was getting somewhere at last.....:weep: I do not want to feel like this...any advice?

Thanks, Kitti x

nicola1980
14-09-12, 16:58
Hi Kitti, i really think you would benefit from an increase especially if you are only on the normal release tabs as these have a very short half life, are they little peach tablets? its normal to have the ups and downs, when i started i really thought id never get better, i was crying all the time, my anxiety was soaring and i had way more downs than ups!! but i promise things will get better and easier, i did 1 week on 37.5mg and then increased that to twice daily, but i now take the slow release which are much easier and you seem to get a smoother ride on them but alot of docs are reluctant to prescribe these due to the cost :mad: but its def worth asking your doc when you see them, hang on in there chick :bighug1: xx

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

well im struggling a bit here with my mum being away :weep: im not particulary anxious im just waking up with awful headaches that linger all day, i know this is stress related but its draining me, i used to suffer migraines years ago and now im frightened their coming back :ohmy: I am very stressed at the min with Jack starting secondary school and the amount of homework hes getting.........im fretting more than him about it lol, i know i need to chill out a bit and hopefully when my mums back next week i can do that, sorry for the down post, just feeling a bit sorry for myself today!! xx

kittikat
14-09-12, 17:07
Thank you Nicola :hugs: yes, they are the little peach tablets. I think this is the lowest I have been since starting. I will see what the doc says on Monday....

Sorry to hear you are still having the headaches and feeling down. My mum was away for 2 weeks and I really missed her (I had just started the Ven when she went) so I know how you feel. Try not to worry too much about your son, I'm sure he is settling in well, as you say, you are probably more worried than he is...I think it's normal for mums to worry so much, it's a big jump when they start secondary school. Take care hun :bighug1: xx

nicola1980
14-09-12, 17:55
Thanks Kitti :hugs: im just so over protective i think thats what comes of being a single parent for 10 years!! Jacks settled in fine its just me struggling to adapt to it all lol, the peach tabs are the normal release which only has a half life of 4-6 hrs so think you'd def benefit from either an increase or swapping to the 37.5mg slow release, keep smiling we'll get there :hugs: xx

spawn
14-09-12, 18:08
Like said Kitti, ask your doctor to increase to 75mg slow release. im sure your be less up and down then :)

75mg is the start up dose, so your not even on that yet.
Try not to worry about an increase it will be fine :)

kittikat
14-09-12, 18:10
Thank you Gav :) x

miraiiro
14-09-12, 18:25
Kitti - Like Nicola, my anxiety went sky high and my mood was almost as bad as it was when I had my breakdown after my first few days on Venlafaxine, and things stayed this way for almost a week before getting better. It really was horrible, I was crying all the time, often for no reason at all, and I just felt absolutely awful. I'm on a higher dose than you so many the low mood hit me quicker than it did you, but it did go away eventually. I still have times when I'm down, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was during that one week. It's not easy to cope with, but it will pass. You might not feel like it will at the moment, but try to hang in there. You can always call people like the Samaritans or CALM if you need to talk to someone in person and your partner or other family members aren't around, or you can always post here whenever you feel the need to get things off your chest. It's what I did, ahaha. Everyone understands what you're going through. We'll support you as best we can. :hugs:

In other news, I'm moving house tomorrow so that means massive stress. I also got discharged from the brief intervention mental health service yesterday, and I'm still a bit upset about that. I've had an okay day though, just going a bit mad over the move. I still don't think the Venlafaxine is doing anything for me yet but I'll be sticking with it for at least another month, if only because it isn't making me any worse. It also isn't making me any better, but I still haven't reached the three week mark so I suppose it's too early to tell what benefits it might bring.

I hope everyone else is doing well and that you're all looking forward to the weekend!

kittikat
14-09-12, 18:39
Thank you so much mira, I do understand what you are saying and I really appreciate your positive comments :flowers: :hugs: xx

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, I hope it all goes well for you. I actually think the Ven is helping you more than you realise, you are much more positive now. Moving and losing your support network must be so stressful, but you seem to be coping with it although you feel you are not seeing any benefit, you most certainly come across as very positive under difficult circumstances. Stay strong, you are doing great :hugs: xx

nicola1980
14-09-12, 18:49
Good luck with the move Mira :hugs: xx

nicola1980
15-09-12, 09:04
Morning everyone, well im feeling alot better this morning and woke with no headache :yesyes: and only 3 more sleeps till my Mum gets back too :D off to see my sister in a bit for her to teach me how to use this new software we've had installed on Jacks laptop for his school work as im clueless :blush: when i was at school it was all just written work but now the majority of it is done via a laptop which has cost us a fortune getting the laptop, software, printer etc and it makes me so mad as the school just expects you to have it :mad: anyway thats my moan out the way hows everyone else? xx

spawn
15-09-12, 11:26
Hey all!
Im ok, dont feel to with it this morning? but didnt go to bed til 1am, dont really know why..lol

Just been to town for half hr, sun is it! :)
Hopefully il perk up in abit, feeling alittle low for some reason?
Ive got acupuncture later, but not sure its doing me alot of good really, but its already paid for so better go i guess.

Hope everyone has a good day.

kittikat
15-09-12, 12:54
Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit low today Gav, I'm sure it will pass, you have done so well...at least you got out and I hope the accupuncture does it's stuff....

I am low, low, low...3 days now, how low can you go? What to do? Meds review on Monday...can't wait. I am also freezing cold, I have 2 jumpers and a scarf on lol....

Hope everyone else is doing ok :bighug1: to you all xx

nicola1980
15-09-12, 12:59
Kitti i also felt cold when i started the ven and with every increase, even when it was red hot when i increased to 150mg i sat there freezing :huh: xx

clio51
15-09-12, 17:34
hi all

why are mornings always a bad space to be in ?

gav: hope you day as picked up you did well to get yourself out this morn, you must be motivated in the morning, as there's no way I could manage that that early.

kitti: sorry to hear your still feeling down :flowers: ( we just wish somebody would make us better and not feel like we do) whats your day been like up to now?

last night I seemed quite chilled even though I was tired. Last couple of nights ive been waking in the early hours and then again early morning andnot really getting back to sleep but cant imagine getting up at 7am( for one what am I going to do all day)
so today I thought I would wake chilled after feeling ok last night but oh no the heaving was back as soon as I sat up in bed, then I had to rush to the toilet upset stomach (how long is this going to carry on) so when I finally get downstairs I feel a wreck, have to do breathing to calm my stomach down from the heaving. very tired to no motivation either,partner suggested going to Holmfirth(where last of the summer wine is filmed) I said ok prob to just get out of house. I felt really flat walking around not really interested in shops. as much as I tried too only stayed hour and half hour of that was sat on bench. i feel a real miserable person,partner was trying to get me involved in it all but I really couldnt be a....d. couldnt wait to come back home, cant seem to lift my mood and then dealing with anxiety symptoms, no appetite, plus not to mention menopause symptoms:mad:

so how as everybody else's day been so far?

nicola1980
15-09-12, 18:03
Clio i used to have the morning retching and heaving it was awful i used to spend the first hour of the day with my head down the kitchen sink :mad: but i promise it passes in time but i know how awful it feels :hugs: x x

clio51
15-09-12, 18:57
Hi Nicola

Its horrible, its every morning its like you can't control it it takes over. I have to hold my stomach to try and stop it.

It takes about 15mins to calm my stomach back down, then I can just about manage a drink of peppermint tea slowly. I am terrible in the morning (maybe routine dont know) but it takes me till about dinner time to cant myself calmer and get breakfast and get showered and dressed.

next week I have anxiety management group and I have to be out for 9.30 not a chance in hell, I will be a wreck and dont know what state I will be in once i'm there, my mental health worker just says try to push yourself but he as never seen me in the morning, he once saw me when I was in a bad way and said I didnt look well at all. dont hold much hope in me geting there.

how long have you been suffering, and do you have any major problems

nicola1980
15-09-12, 19:04
Ive been suffering this relapse for a year now :ohmy: i always used citalopram in the past but this time it made me worse so i was changed to mirtazapine which made me suicidal and depressed when ive never suffered depression just anxiety and panic attacks so i was then swapped to venlafaxine which thankfully seems to be really helping eventually!! the mornings used to be sooooo bad for me too, infact i had to move back home to my parents so they could help me with my son as my hubby works nights, i used to have panic attacks every morning, id shake, teeth chatter and heave and retch but thankfully that all seems to have passed now, don't get me wrong im still a bit shakey in the mornings but i can pull myself round now, you'll get there hun, you just need to find the right dosage to suit you, im on 150mg slow release xx

clio51
15-09-12, 19:13
I get all those symptoms.

is your panic/anxiety under control now or are there things you still can't do?

mine are quite high at the mo, I have cut myself off from people as I cant handle it all the symptoms going through your body in front of people it freeks me out and I hate it.:bighug1:

nicola1980
15-09-12, 19:20
fortunatly it seems to be under control now.....touch wood! i still have bad days but no where near as bad as what there were, i too cut myself off from everyone and everything, i wouldn't go out, didn't care what i looked like etc but slowly with the help f my physchatrist and cpn ive slowly got better, there was a time i thought id never get better aswel so please don't give up hope, this tiime last year i was literally bed bound wit anxiety/panic and i used to pray i wouldn't wake up in the mornings as i knew what they would bring but ive got better and if i can do it anyone can :hugs: infact i can't actually beieve im writing this so it just proves how far ive come and the ven has really helped but like ive said you need to find the right dosage, my physchatrist said 150mg is the standard dose for anxiety/panic disorders xx

clio51
15-09-12, 19:32
what part of england do you live I live in Manchester. my mh worker when I was accessed thinks I only need to see him and cbt but i'm not convinced. I have had this for over 30 years on and off and this episode since last sept,just on my 3rd cbt took 10mths.
how come you see a phyc and a cpn that seems really good

nicola1980
15-09-12, 19:40
I live in nottinghamshire, my gp referred me to a physchatrist after the reaction i had to citalopram and she then assigned me a cpn who comes out to my house weekly to see me and i see the phyc every 5-6 weeks for a med review or sooner if im having problems, im not a fan of cbt myself i find it hard to get my head around and im a true believer in meds! im now 32 but had this since i was 18 which was triggered by my uncle being killed in a car crash but ive always been stable on citalopram before and led a normal life but unfortunatly it didn't work for me this time which my phyc did say was common when an AD has been used before xx

spawn
15-09-12, 19:46
Clio i had all those symptoms ie... shaking, teeth chatter, heaving and retching, i would be like it most of the day sometimes. i would just sit there and shake uncontrollably, i never thought i would get past it or get better, i felt so ill. I went 3 days without eating, i was such a mess and just wanted it to end but couldnt see how?

2 months on im feeling so much better, almost normal again, it doesnt happen over night.
You can get though it, you have to help urself thats what i learnt.. i know its hard to motivate yourself to do things, but you must just do small things to help urself.

Get it in your head next week that you will be ready to go out at 9.30am, make yourself get up and ready, have a routine set out the night before.
Gav.