PDA

View Full Version : from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

pinkdove
16-02-12, 16:34
Hi , a lot of you will know i have been taking citalopram for some months now, and although it did help, i never really got 100% well, still had low moods and some anxiety.

However i saw my gp and she changed me from 25mg citalopram to 37.5 mg twice a day of venafaxine. i did a straight swap over, and am now on day 16.

I think it is making me slightly better :) have had no bad side effects or withdrawal symptoms from the cit, my question is, will i get further improvement at this dose ? as i don't want to increase too soon.

I would love to hear any positive stories from anyone using ven xx

Your help would be appreciated xx

Dan1975
16-02-12, 19:32
Hi there,

I've been on quite a few ssri's over the last 6 months. They just did nothing for me at all.

At my request I moved over to venlafaxine (snri). I've only been on it a couple of weeks. One at 37.5mg and one at 75mg. I feel more relaxed than I have in a decade or more. I really hope that this continues. I am having a few side effects, such as sexual dysfunction and some trouble sleeping, but I hope that these will both become less of an issue as my body adjusts.

In my limited experience AD's that work on noradrenaline seem to be much more suited to anxiety.

Cheers

pinkdove
16-02-12, 21:08
thank you so much dan just what i needed to hear, hope you continue to feel better xx

Dan1975
16-02-12, 21:24
thank you so much dan just what i needed to hear, hope you continue to feel better xx

Hey pinkdove,

You should also read this. Inspiring read and free too.

http://nothingworks.weebly.com/

Pipkin
16-02-12, 21:36
Hi guys,

Pinkdove - glad you're still feeling a bit better. Keep in touch on the other threads.

Dan - there are a couple of active venlafaxine threads which you may want to join in. You'd be more than welcome (look under forums/medication/Effexor/venlafaxine).

I've been on venlafaxine before (about 8 years ago) and am on it again now and I thought I'd just share a couple of things, in light of your comments. The sleeping does get better but the slow release tablets help because you only take one a day - I found it was the evening tablets that stopped me sleeping. Regarding the sexual dysfunction (I wondered what that meant when I first took these and then I found out!), this definitely gets better and, without being too graphic, it's a matter of mind over matter and perseverance it took me a couple of months but in the end, there was no problem at all. This time, because I knew I could overcome it, I have had no problems at all to date.

Great link by the way which I intend to read in more detail when I have the time.

Pip

pinkdove
16-02-12, 21:50
Pip,thanks for that, i have to say it is a bit worrying when you change meds, but i think it is still early days for me, but already i can see an improvement.

Hope you are doing ok too x

dan thanks for the link...i will read it all, and please keep posting we can all give each other support x

petram
16-02-12, 23:26
hi pink i upped from 37.5 to 75mg at 18 days now at 7 weeks iv upped once more xx trial n error babe xx

pinkdove
17-02-12, 16:09
Hi guys after a couple of really good days, today has been awfull, i have felt really low, and some anxiety. can't believe it can change so much in a day.

I managed to go out to lunch, but iiw was uncomfortable to say the lease, had to take a diazapam, got home now, and still feeling really low.

When will things everr get better, i am so sick of this i had so much faith in this med xx

william wallace
17-02-12, 16:20
Just a wee blip darlin you'll be much better tomorrow.:hugs:

nicola1980
17-02-12, 16:23
sending :hugs: xx

pinkdove
17-02-12, 16:28
Thanks nicola and mr w just what i needed xx

snowgoose
17-02-12, 16:32
so sorry to hear you are feeling so low Pinkdove .......it is so demoralising .
As Mr W says though .....it is a blip or stone on the road .:hugs:

Having lunch out is lovely for sure .............but it does take its toll on us folk with anxiety even if we enjoy it . Extra adrenaline pumping around our bodies .
It is exhausting and tiring and makes us feel vulnerable again .
hold on Pink dove and take it easy for today now. Good job done by going out for lunch and new to the meds . The outlook is promising for them indeed .
take care

snow :bighug1:

pinkdove
17-02-12, 16:54
Thanks snowgoose, you are such a kind and understanding person, and i really appreciate your support. yes i found it hard to go to lunch, and was exhausted when i got home, but i went,i was with my mum and dad, they are elderly, and they noticed i was'nt myself.

i did try to hide it but it is'nt always easy, if i feel better tomorrow i will go see them, don't want them worrying thanks again xx

petram
17-02-12, 18:18
i pink i was very up n down to to be honest too in the begining it will pass once ya body used to meds and ya dose is right for you which im still trying to get right .

my gp upped mine 3 days ago by another 37.5 even though ther ein my system i still feel weird with upping them and up n down im just hoping this is due to the upping of them!!

were all get there hun , keep posting and keep ya chin up i know its hard i really do all we want is to feel normal again and lead a normal happy life not alot too ask is it ? :)

if you would like to add me on face book if you have it your more than welcome too inbox me for details .

well done for still going out be proud of the little things we once took for granted that your still pushing ya self forward to do , i too forget too do that :)
xxx

pinkdove
17-02-12, 21:54
Thanks petram i feel a bit better tonight, and it is nice to talk to someone else who is on the same meds, we will just help each other through it, one day we will look back on this....i hope so anyway.

Hope you are well xx :hugs:

petram
18-02-12, 00:04
you welcome hun my god do we need support and it gives great comfort to have friends online to talk too also , im on 3rd off upping felt tiny bit anxious this am with ocd but was managable . this after noon felt weird up down anxious spaced out teary u name it fricking horrid, but been better this eve. only god know s how il be tom please start to adapt to me increase!!!

il check in tom as normal , keep ya chin up pink

pet xxxx

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

3rd day *

pinkdove
18-02-12, 11:34
Hi pet hope you are feeling better today, aw it's so funny i almost feel myself in the evening, but much the same as you, very up and down, i.m going to stick it out another wek or so before seeing the dr.

if i need to increased i think i'd like to try 75mg in the morning and 37.5 at night.

i think you are a bit further on from me, but i just stopped the citalopram and sometimes wonder if i am getting a bit withdrawal from that.

Keep going pet, you are amazing, and give me so much support. sending you :hugs:

petram
18-02-12, 16:18
hi pink , felt bit better today although tense in body and mind , bit agitated and impatient at times,
your exactly like me 9 out of 10 eves i feel myself too , flipping weird that why cant we be like it all the time , 1 day soon we will hunny xx
and has for that dose im 75 mg in the am and 1 37.5 mg in the eve .
you may be about the same as me im on week 7 ish as you had a head start with the cit i dunno hun .
this day 4 of that dose for me today got a burny face at the mo and last hour for some reason .
the ocd thoughts been quite a biatch today too. but coping just! lol , im out tonight but not looking forward to it as i cant really relax and have a good old drink as i would normally do , because i dont wanna muck up me tabs .
if your doctor will talk to you on the phone maybe buzz them and ask advice ?? mine s quite good like that .
ty for your ongoing support my lovely , keep strong and ride out the shitty time it will pass lots of love
pet xx

pinkdove
18-02-12, 16:26
Hi Pet, yes i think i'll ask for an increase to 75mg and 37.5mg in the hope that the extra will sort out the daytime.

Have a good night out tonight, sometimes when we don't look forward to something, they can turn out to be really good.

been out shopping, not too bad, but glad to get home. take care xx

petram
18-02-12, 16:48
ty hun yeah i would ask , even at home i feel anxious ext do you too??
il try and chill whilst out xx

pinkdove
18-02-12, 16:58
Yea, i feel anxious just sitting here resting, sometimes when i go out i feel a bit better, but i have to push myself, do you find you can have the odd glass of wine, i used to on cit with no problems, but not sure about this med.

i would say constant simmering anxiety and low moods up and down, are the worse just now xx

petram
18-02-12, 19:04
yeah pink i love wine but reluctant to drink it after starting to feel more up than down a cpl of weeks ago then after too much wine 2 days later i been down n more anxious , although my doc has said wether or not it was due to a infection or a drink it meant my dose wasnt high enough if i was bought back down by either!!
i wil probally have beer this eve as it is a lot less stronger than wine although at this stage would prefer to stay in and not drink but i cant let me hubby down il see how i feel as i have never gone out at not drinking excluding pregnancy!!

i take it you suffer both anxiety and depression ? i also have ocd harm thoughts too . the joys /...NOT .
have a couple of drinks hun might unwind you both dont have 2 bottles !!
has ya know drinks a depressant and you dont wanna feel worse hun .
wish these would kick in properly for all off us .
i might come on here when i get home and give you a update hun . xx

pinkdove
18-02-12, 19:24
Petra have a great night, and have a drink :D

thanks for the facebook info, sent friends request,

i had bad anxiety which led to deppression, and still trying to get there, but we'll do it ,,,we have to xx

petram
19-02-12, 15:29
exactly what happened to me xxx

pinkdove
19-02-12, 17:13
How are you today pet? and how did the night out go ?

I have been out to sunday lunch with the inlaws, had to take a couple of daizapam, and really quite enjoyed it , oh i wish i could feel like that all the time, but unfortunately they wear off.

back home feeling the anxiety creeping back in.. will make an appointment for gp soon xx

petram
19-02-12, 18:40
hi hun last night was fine had 5 bots of sol lager so about 3 pints in total and 3 lemonades .
i feel very up n down today , but also getting period pains alot even tho im not due for a good 8 days , i think i gotta get me hormones tested my monthly visitor is coming a few day earlier each month , i enjoyed myself tho last night bt twinkering in the back of my mind was how i was gonna feel sunday ( today) grrrr.

my ocd as been a bitch felt bit anxious and teary on n off most off the day thank god i didnt get propper out of bed till 12.30 which is a miracle for me but just laying makes ya head wander negatively and belly was a lil knotty !!

i think when u up the doseage u must get a bit more of a stir up with in yaself !!?? till it evens out ?
i got valum they ok sometimes but can give u low moods n headaches as a side effect and iv had both from it xx
glad u enjoyed ya lunch babe .
get in touch with gp asap n see what he says to do up or carry on a bit longer xx

pinkdove
19-02-12, 21:13
Hi petra so gald you enjoyed your night out, and a sleep in till 12.30 fantastic, but you are like me just now really up and down.

i will make an appointment tomorrow and ask to be reffered again, i really want to get my life back too,

will let you know how i get on, and keep going, you are doing great, i don't have the ocd to contend with, so that must be so hard on top of everything else. hope you feel better soon xx :hugs:

petram
20-02-12, 13:05
how are you today pink ? my heads all over the shop feel bit teary too great xx went and cleaned a lil flat round the corner , now gotta tackle me own looks like bombsville xx

pinkdove
20-02-12, 13:19
Hi Pet,today is the pit's i feel so depressed more than i did before i started the ven, got an appt with gp tomorrow morning, so pissed off with it now.

hope you feel better as the day goes on, you done well to go cleaning this morning, tackle your own at your own pace, a couple of fags and a cuppa first :D

enjoyed our chat last night, got to go out this morning, maybe that will buck me up a bit.

take care speak soon :hugs:

petram
20-02-12, 18:11
hi pink sorry you have felt so down its awfull feeling like this !! grrrrrrrrr , it gets so frustrating dont it , dont sound like the tabs are up to there full effect as of yet or maybe a increase is needed ?? because like me didnt u begin to feel a little bit better ??
then go down hill??
il be on line on f book later if u wanna chat hun . my ocd has been the biggest bitch today !!

take care speak soon :)xx

pinkdove
20-02-12, 19:08
Sorry to hear that pet, but they are just thoughts, hang on to that, and you will get there.

i did feel better the first week, so i thought fantastic this is it, but i will get some advice tomorrow, had a wee glass of dry white, and feel a bit better now, it's the low mood that's the worse thing.

will hopefully speak tonight. keep well and take care xx

petram
21-02-12, 11:33
hi pink how are u today hun?? i slept well had a bit of belly anxiety which makes me feel tearfull some times, so too be sure the tears came on n off so far this morning . let me know what ya gp says speak soon hope ya feeling better today :)
hugs
xx

pinkdove
21-02-12, 12:13
Hi pet the docs refeered me back to my phys doc, and wants me to stay on the ven at the same dose till i see the phsc. i am apparently suffering from the withdrawal from the cit, so been given some diazapam to take the edge off.

I know what you mean about feeling tearfull..wish i could have a good cry, i think it would help, hope you feel better as the day goes on, i know how you are feeling, and my heart goes out to you, but we will do this pet, we have too, speak soon xx :hugs:

petram
22-02-12, 15:26
hi pink i been put on slow release tabs in the morning and gotta continue the normal ones of a eve.
it can take 3 weeks when upping to notice a effect from it .
how u been today ??
me bit anxious , was tearfull when in with the doctor.feel crapping in waves ie.ok then not ok .. grr
xx

Pipkin
22-02-12, 15:28
Petra,

What is the brand of slow release you're on? Mine are Alventa XL.

Pip x

petram
22-02-12, 15:40
pip , they are venlalic xl 75mg prolonged release tablets

xx

Pipkin
22-02-12, 15:49
Petra,

I was reading about venlalic the other week. Nearly everyone gave positive comments and said that they hardly noticed any difference when swapping from the standard release (apart from a few people who say they got withdrawal-type symptoms but I would bet that that was all psychosomatic). I noticed no change when I swapped to the modified release capsules.

The only other comment I read was that some people found they gave you indigestion if you took them without food so it's probably best to take them after breakfast.

Hope you're ok. I'm still feeling pretty positive and am really seeing things more clearly than I have for a while. Had a check up at the docs yesterday and all was well. He did start talking about coming off the medication in 3 or 4 months though as he thinks I'm strong enough to go it alone. I have real doubts about this though and must have looked alarmed because he said he wouldn't rush me and that it was my decision. Seems too soon to me when I've just settled into this and the last thing I want is to end up back where I was a few months ago, which was nothing short of a nightmare.

What do you reckon?

Pip x

pinkdove
22-02-12, 17:59
Hi guys, aw pet you thought that might happen, as pip say's it should be just the same as the ordinary one's, sorry you have been all over the place today, hopefully you will start to feel better as the day goes on. will speak soon :hugs:

pip i love to read positive posts, i am 3 weeks in at 75mg, and have been very up and down, dr thinks it's withdrawals from the cit, i see my psyciatrist monday morning, so no doubt he will sort me out, i always feel better in the evening, i can't say i have had any probs on the ven, still struggling tho. so glad you are getting there, i would stay on them as long as you need, you're right, why risk a relapse. take care xx :hugs:

Pipkin
22-02-12, 20:08
Thanks Pinkdove - I think you're right, I really don't want to end up back where I started.

I've been on the ven since the beginning of Jan and I'm still seeing an improvement each day so hopefully it will work out for you too.

Take care

Pip xx

pinkdove
22-02-12, 21:14
thanks pip i really needed to hear that just now xx

petram
22-02-12, 23:36
hi guys pip im on tabs not capsules ..... dunno if that makes a difference ?? x

im glad to hear your still doing well , def dont rush of these hun!!!

how you been today pink , i did kinda perk up but still had niggly waves of ocd and anxiety grrrr, but i am due for my monthly visitor so that can make everything worse :(

keep posting pip we need to hear good stuff at this stage :)
il keep u informed of the change over tom xx

pinkdove
23-02-12, 12:47
hi guys, i am not as bad today :) feeling like my mood has lifted a bit, and a wee bit more optimistic, that's good for me.

petra hope you are ok today, aw the hormones do make things worse, hope you hve a good day, speak doon hun xx

pip, please keep giving us these positive stories, it helps such a lot, so glad you are getting there, and when i see my pscyciatrist on monday i hope he keeps me on them, even if he increases the dose or changes them to slow release. hope you have a good day xx

Catya
23-02-12, 13:12
Hello.... I'm back!
I'm still waiting for the Venlafaxine to kick in. Anyone know how long they take?
Just finished my fourth week on 125mg. Thanks.

pinkdove
23-02-12, 13:26
hi Kate this is my third week on 75mg, well 22 days, but i have been having a rough time, doc say's it's the withdrawal from the cit,i felt great the first week, but the past 2 weeks have been hard.

i think i am feeling the cloud lifting today a bit, but i think it's around 4-6 weeks before you start to feel the benefits.

you are hopefully just about there, i am quite optimistic about this one, hope you start to feel the benefits soon. take care xx

Catya
23-02-12, 13:53
Hi Pinkdove : )
Yes, I have wondered if some of it is citalopram w/d with me.
I am getting terrible sweats too! Oh, and I thought ven would help with my hot flushes.....

Haven't had time to read through all the old posts, but sending my love to you all. Will look at our cit posts later. xx

pinkdove
23-02-12, 13:57
Kate, i have been getting sweats too, i personally don't think it's the ven, according to my gp on tues it is withdrawals from cit.

we will get there kate, we just have to ride this through, and hopefully be the stronger for it xx

petram
23-02-12, 17:04
hi guys , i must say iv had a much better day today yes had some anxiety and ocd is present but im rising above it :)

i also have been getting night sweats !! which my doc said is normal on these sometimes.
my gp also said when u up u should see some improvement around the 3 week mark , if u havent catya maybe up them hun??

obv under ya doc s say so ..
x

pink glad to hear ya having a better day honey :) xx

i swapped my morning dose to slow release (xl) today will be taking the normal 37.5 release ones this eve , early days so dont know yet if it s making a dif , day 8 for me for upping another 37,5 .

take care lots of love xx

Catya
23-02-12, 17:17
I daren't go up in dose though.... is the next step after 150mg, 225mg? Now that really scares me.
Why aren't meds working anymore?

Pipkin
23-02-12, 17:30
Kate,

Welcome back :D!

These meds can take ages to kick in. I started at the beginning of Jan and am still improving every day. Once I got to the point I could feel a difference, I immediately felt more positive which then helped me keep feeling better, if you know what I mean.

The improvement has been so gradual that it's only by looking back to Jan that I can see how far I've come. I was reading some of the old posts between me and Petra the other day and it was a real reminder of how awful we both felt. It's like an online diary on here and it's really useful.

Look after yourself. You will definitely get there.

Pip x

pinkdove
23-02-12, 17:32
hi kate i think they are working, it just takes time, and you are nearly thre, we are all different, so it will work quicker for some than others, don't get dispondent, you will get there ..

pet i am so pleased you are having a good day, today has been my best day yet:D took the dog out twice, been shopping, and felt really quite optimistic today.

maybe it's the slow release tab, they say it's a better way to take them, really hope you are on the way up xx

Pipkin
23-02-12, 17:45
Petra,

I forgot to answer your question - tabs/capsules- it doesn't make any difference. It's just the release mechanism. I'll be really interested to see how you get on with them.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
23-02-12, 21:56
hi pip, my pysciatrist might offer me slow release on monday, and i will do what he say's i am glad to read that it will not rock the boat.....at least i hope not xx

Pipkin
23-02-12, 22:04
Hi Pink,

No, I didn't notice even the slightest difference, which I thought I would. Much more convenient too - I was struggling with timing the evening dose with food due to the hours I work.

Take care

Pip x

petram
24-02-12, 09:42
ty guys for the replies :) xx
catya- i was talking to a pharmasist in ipswich when i went to my sister last week and funny enough although not funny i was crying whilst talking to her ext ans she said with venlafaxine the most common dose she gives out is 225mg , and also my sister had to get to this dose before getting onn the mend so dont be afraid of that dose hun , xx

and she also said to me look i know how you feel this is my first day back to work after 3 months off with anxiety and depression !! ironic eh ? x
and she said she feels alot more like her self but still not 100% all the time so she knew hands on it takes time , i cried whilst in with my doc saying how is it some people get well 2 weeks into starting a med!! and me flipping ages!!? she just hugged me and said it will take ttime but il def get there she is a lovely doctor even gave me a hug n a peck on the cheek ... xx

but also informed me i will have to stay on a low dose once well for life which dont bother me to be fair to prevent any lapses in the future as this is my 4th episode of ocd/anxiety and depression since 25 years old .
love to u all hang in there we have too . xx

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 ----------

pink so glad your on the up please god may it continue xx dunno about u but think il need a cpl of weeks off it to trust it or is that just me?? lol really chuffed for u hun il get back to u on my day today later too early to jinx myself lol xx

Catya
24-02-12, 09:43
Oh thanks for that petram. It really helps to get extra info. Like you I get OCD. I think I am getting a bit better with that but my depression is still bad. I see the dr in two weeks and will see what's suggested with an increase. Hope you feel better soon too! xxx

Pipkin
24-02-12, 09:47
Morning Petra,

Your GP sounds lovely! I can imagine how frustrating it is to see others respond more quickly but you will get there and, when you do, it will have been worth all the effort.

Good insight from the pharmacist, they must really know how meds work through all the people they talk to every day. Good to know someone like that for advice in future.

Stick with it - I'm always here for support.

Take care

Pip xx

Hi to everyone else on this thread too - hope things are looking up xx

petram
24-02-12, 10:22
thanks guys xx
catya also something she said is the mood is the last thing to lift on these tabs !!?

thanks pip nice for all of us to have support x

Pipkin
24-02-12, 10:47
Hi Petra,

My anxiety started to lift first and that cleared a fog in my head which seemed to have been stopping me thinking straight. Then I did a whole load of thinking to try and work out what was going on in my head. Had some good chats on here (including some reassuring posts from you and all of our venlafaxine buddies), chatted with the other half and started to get things into perspective.

It was then that I really started to notice an improvement. I think the ven started it and I carried it on, if that makes sense.

Hugs

Pip x

pinkdove
24-02-12, 11:26
morning guys, well i had the best day ever yesterday, this morning still some anxiety, but i know mornings are the worse, so hoping i will pick up again later.

pet, i know you felt a bit better yesterday too, so when you have a chance to come too, hopefully you will have a good day, i think the thing with this med is time hun, but even a small improvement is a good sign. take carexx

kate, your mood will lift,i still feel that's the hardest thing to get rid off, and the worse to cope with, hang on in there, you will get there xx

pip as ever thanks for all your support, you are the one that's keeping us all going, thank you lovely guy xx

Pipkin
24-02-12, 11:37
Thanks Pink - you're very kind.

Not sure about the sex change - though I like to think I'm in touch with my feminine side!

Take care

Pip xx

pinkdove
24-02-12, 11:41
sooo sorry :blush: but i have sorted it, thanks pip tou are a true star xx

Catya
24-02-12, 13:33
Hi again ven buddies!
Well its interesting reading through all of your last few comments. I can tell my anxiety and OCD is improving as I'm able to start sorting out all the things I've hoarded over the years. lol.
My depression and low mood (and general fear of the world) is still quite bad and I hope that as Petra says, it will improve last of all (well sometime anyway!).
This is different from other meds like Seroxat and Prozac as I really could feel the lift in mood after about ten days of taking them. I've now been on Venlafaxine 5 weeks (mainly 150mg dose).
Keep posting all of you please. There isn't a minute goes past when I'm not terrified of this drug and what it might be doing to me... and how I'll get off it. The thought of upping still scares me I'm afraid.
Hugs all round ((((((( )))))))))

pinkdove
24-02-12, 16:43
hi kate, as i said i had a great day yesterday, and today after the usuall morning feeling, things got better around lunch time again, just a headache, but i can handle that.

please don't think about coming off them, i don't just think about getting better, i'm sure my psyciatrist will increase my dose on monday, but if you read pip's posts, he had no problems at all so i'll hold on to that.

i know we are going to get there on them, and i'm so glad you are ssing some improvement xx :hugs:

Catya
24-02-12, 18:18
....but don't you thunk 250mg seems high?
I can't understand why they're not getting to my depression. xx

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

lol... 'think' not 'thunk' ??

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Trying to look back to see what dose Pip is on?

pinkdove
24-02-12, 18:28
Hte pip is on slow release ven i think 150mg but not sure, my sister in law is on 225mg of ven, and is fantastic on it, i also read that the mood is the last thing to lift on ven.

kate you are on 150mg now, so why would you go up to 250mg.

i am only on 75mg but i know i need an increase xx

Pipkin
24-02-12, 18:58
Hi all,

Pink - no problem with the gender reassignment, it made me smile but thanks for sorting it.

I'm only on 75mg a day so not a very high dose. Apparently, the real difference between SSRIs and SNRIs (ven) kicks in at doses over 150mg so it should make a difference. I believe some people take 325mg a day so you've got nothing to worry about at 250.

Take care and stick with it.

Pip xxx

pinkdove
24-02-12, 19:11
that is so good to know you are getting positive results with just 75mg, but i guess we are all different, and i hope kate won't worry about needing a higher dose thanks again xx

Catya
24-02-12, 20:03
:shrug::blush:

Pipkin
24-02-12, 22:00
Yes Kate, really no need to worry. Everyone finds different meds work for them and at different doses. What's important is that you find what works for you.

Have faith that this will work and that you'll soon feel better. I think that's half the battle.

I'm always here for moral support for all of you. I would have found this journey much harder without your reassuring posts and I'm very grateful!

Pip x

petram
24-02-12, 22:04
hi guys another good day for me had some mild anxiety at times but managable , even went and helped at my daughters school disco this eve!!!
thats good with my harm ocd trust me :))

iv had a cpl of dizzy spells which lasted a milii second odd headache which didnt last too long too , keep with it all there s better times to come . big hugs n lots of love to u all

pet
xx

pinkdove
24-02-12, 22:23
hi pet that is fantastic news :yesyes:

hope you enjoyed the school disco, i know how hard that would have been for you even a couple of days ago well done!!!

you have earned a nice galss of wine. so relax now, and long may this continue for you.

my day got better from lunchtime, been out for lunch, and shopping today.....dare we say we might be getting there :hugs:

Pipkin
26-02-12, 01:37
Hi all,

Thought I'd check in and see how you're all doing. As it's been quiet today I hope that no news is good news.

Same here and doing ok. Back to work on Monday after a week's leave so I know my anxiety will be worse next week - it always is when I've been off. Hopefully, not too bad though.

I was thinking the other day that we get to know each other quite well on here but I have no idea where you're all from. Would be interesting to know, if you don't mind sharing. I'm from Lancashire but currently living in Yorkshire. I always get on much better with women than men, hence me enjoying chatting to you lovely people on here!

Take care and keep posting.

Pip xxx

P.S. Petra - school disco, how cool. A bit of Wham, Duran Duran, day glo socks and big hair? Or maybe I'm a bit out of touch!

pinkdove
26-02-12, 10:35
hi pip, glad to hear you are doing well, once you get that first day over it will be fine, i miss work i think it would be better than sitting thinking at home.

i live in leeds, you are in yorkshire too :)

i have been ok this past couple of days, still up and down, but maybe need an increase in meds, will find out tomorrow.

pet, you have been quiet hun, hope this means you have been feeling good. let us know how you are getting on.

hope you all have a good day xx

petram
26-02-12, 20:05
hi guys sorry had a good day yesterday and a great day today can barely belive it !! i feel so more in control and my mind feels more naturally at ease and calm and happy! yay and im on my period ... please god it lasts!!??

none or tiny bit of anxiety ocd very low... xx :)

pink goodluck for tom hun ask for slow release they do feel better infact demand it!!

pip- it was a kids disco so all the latest stuff lol..... im from hertfordshire :) il keep coming back to let u all know i am doing because we all tend to hear the bad crap when were on her en feeling a bit better and if ya on here ya looking for positives
hugs to all

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

on here even*

pinkdove
26-02-12, 20:08
hi petra i am sooo pleased for you :yesyes: long may it continue.

i will ask for the slow release tomorrow, i have been out today and had quite a good day too :)

pet was thinking of asking to take 75mg am and 37.5 pm what do you think

so pleased for you hun :hugs:

Catya
26-02-12, 21:07
Wow... that's good to hear Petram. My dr won't let me have the slow release meds. Too expensive.... Nice to know my worth!

petram
27-02-12, 08:48
hi pink thats what im on 75mg slow release in the am and normal release in the eve .
xx
catya . if your doc wont let u have them see some 1 else in your surgery because the normal release are cheaper n ya getting better will be less bumpy and more smooth on the slow release .... this is kinda what my gp said hun
xx

does any1 else get like a tingling goosey face sometimes??

pinkdove
27-02-12, 12:29
morning folks, just back from my pyc appointment. we had a good chat, and the short of it is he has upped my dose to 2 x 37.5 in the morning and 1 in the evening, and i have another appointment in 4 weeks.

pet he would't prescribe the slow release, said it would make no difference, short of begging him, i had to accept that :mad:
but i really hope the increased dose will work, and not give me any more side effects. pet hope you are sill good :hugs:

pip hope you are still doing well.

kate, we just can't seem to get the slow release, but hopefully the tabs will do the job for us.

feeel a bit flat to be honest, don't know what i expected xx

Catya
27-02-12, 12:46
lol.... re slow release. My dr actually made me feel guilty for asking for them. He pointed out the difference in cost and how expensive some cancer treatments are. Yes, he has a very valid point, I know this from personal experience.... but I thought it a bit out of place to say that to me.

Oh, and why are the doses so complicated to work out...lol.. is this just me?
I nearly need my calculator out to sort out daily doses!! XX

pinkdove
27-02-12, 12:50
hi kate, i know they are more expensive but like you, have been like this for a long time, and i feel we should be given the best care possible.

i just want to get better now, can't face another couple of month's but he was adamant there was no difference, nice but adamant.

are you feeling any better hun xx

Catya
27-02-12, 13:40
Well, having taken the higher dose I feel a bit calmer this morning.
Yes, my dr was also adamant that there was no difference, and some sites even suggest they are better as they go straight into you. It just frightens me if I ever were to lose them, or were late in taking them. Oh well, will just have to have then with me at all times!! Take care XX

pinkdove
27-02-12, 15:39
hi kate, that is great you are feeling a bit calmer :) maybe we just want the slow release because of the positive threads we read, i suppose we have to trust our doc's that they are doing the right thing for us,

well my increase day tomorrow, and i hope it makes me feel calmer too.

i really hope you start to feel the benefits soon, take care xx:hugs:

Pipkin
27-02-12, 19:16
Hi all,

Just got back from work. Was a bit anxious this morning but nothing too bad. Glad to see things are looking up for my ven buddies. One day we'll all be able to say we're fine.

Pink/Kate - I wouldn't worry about the slow release thing. As I said, I swapped from standard and noticed no difference at all. It was purely convenience for me not having to take the evening pill. As long as you remember to take them twice a day, you're not missing out on anything at all.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
27-02-12, 21:02
---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

hi pip, just a blip today, you've been doing great :)

thanks for the info on the ven tabs need to increase tomorrow :ohmy: so hoping i don't get side effects/

take care xx

Pipkin
27-02-12, 22:37
Pink,

I'm sure you'll be fine - the higher dose seems to be working for Kate and Petra so it's worth giving it a go. I wouldn't hesitate to up my dose it mine wasn't working.

Petra - I forgot to say, I get the weird goosey feeling but on the back of my head. It feels like my hair is standing on end.

Take care

Pip x

Catya
27-02-12, 23:04
What frightens me with the higher doses though is it leaves nowhere else to go. Also, how on earth do we get off it? Oh dear, this thought really makes me feel trapped!

Pipkin
28-02-12, 08:11
Aw Kate honey, I know how hard it is, we all do. Try to remember how strong you are. We've all been fighting this for so many years and we're still here, having gone through far more than the average person.

Focus on the positives - you were feeling a bit better yesterday and it can only get better. Even if the ven doesn't work out for you in the long run, there are loads of treatments out there that we haven't tried. We've just seen the tip of the iceberg.

About coming off, I've been on ven before and came off it. Not saying it was easy but it is possible. For the moment, I'm trying not to think about that. I suppose it's a matter of crossing that bridge when I come to it.

I'm a naturally optimistic person and, despite its best efforts, I refuse to let anxiety take this away from me. Even if I have to live with this for the rest of my life, I'm keeping positive that tomorrow will always be better.

Thinking about you

Pip xx

Catya
28-02-12, 10:49
Sitting waiting at drs now with my crumpled little list in my handbag. I hate it! Just wish I was normal. Xx sorry

pinkdove
28-02-12, 12:10
morning all first day of increase, feeling ok, hurt my back, so that is very painfull.

kate don't think about coming off, one day at a time for getting better, when the time is right we will do it, also i don't mind staying on a low dose forever, would rather that if i was well than having another relapse, hope you get on ok at the dr's xx

pip, thanks for the encouragement, i am willing to give anything a go just now, just hope it works xx

hope you are all well xx

Pipkin
28-02-12, 13:33
Hi there,

Kate - you've got nothing to apologise for. We're all here to support each other through the good times (few and far between as they may seem) and the bad. How did you get on at the doc's this morning?

Pink - you're quite right, it's worth giving things a go. I'm also trying not to think about stopping the meds though, as I've said before, my GP is talking about me coming off in 3 - 4 months. I'll see how I feel at that point but I too would stay on them forever if that's what it took to feel better.

Petra - you ok? You've been quiet recently which I hope means you're still feeling better.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
28-02-12, 13:36
hi pip, i am hoping petra is much better too, she sounded great at the weekend, so give's us all hope. thanks for the reply xx

Catya
28-02-12, 13:52
Hi again.
Yes have officially increased the dose now to 225mg. I am getting bad insomnia though. I've mentioned this before. Does anyone else get it? xx

Pipkin
28-02-12, 13:59
Kate,

I've always been a sound sleeper but, on venlafaxine, I have really restless nights, tossing and turning. I'm also waking up very early unable to get back to sleep. It's really frustrating and I'm feeling quite tired all the time.

I'm just hoping that it will pass with time. Some of these effects I just see as a trade off for feeling better but it's still not great.

Pip x

Catya
28-02-12, 15:40
You know, I think I'm expecting too much from these meds. I guess over the last few years I've let myself get so low, I don't know how to live life. I've let myself dwindle to a nothingness...
Well, a kick up the backside is what I need I think! xx

pinkdove
28-02-12, 17:15
hi kate, i don't have much trouble sleeping so far, how do you take your 225mg, how did you get on at the dr's ?

Catya
28-02-12, 17:38
Well the dr did want me to just take two 75mgs in the morning and one at night.... but I did query taking 150mg at one time. I think it seems a lot to take? So, he said take one, three times a day.
So what's your overall daily total now PD?
When I try to relax in bed, my mind is wide awake inside a more relaxed body. The two don't match! lol xx

pinkdove
28-02-12, 17:43
aw kate hopefully that will settle when your body adjusts to the increase.

i started today taking 75mg in the morning, and 37.5 in the evening, only day 1, but hoping to see an improvement.

i know what it's like to lie awake i was like that when i started cit, bloody awfull...was up about 4 times in the night for a fag lol, felt i was the only one in the world awake, but it did settle, and you'rs will too xx

Pipkin
28-02-12, 19:01
Hi there,

You know Kate, I think you've hit the nail on the head when you say we can have too high expectations from these meds. We get the awful side effects and the increased anxiety and just look forward to feeling much better quickly but it doesn't work like that. None of us expects miracles but the improvements often don't live up to expectations.

I realised recently that the meds start the journey but it's up to us to finish it. I'm at the stage where the meds are helping me to put things into perspective and I can see that I have to sort out what's going on in my head myself. Hard work after all these years but I'm trying. As I said this morning, it's no surrender from me.

Everyone just needs to find the right dose for them. I guess I was lucky settling (so far) at a lower dose. You'll get there too. I genuinely have faith in these meds. They really helped me last time when I was in a terrible state and signs are good this time too.

Good luck and take care

Pip xxx

Catya
28-02-12, 19:09
Yes.
I know. I seem to have given up everything. I don't even paint or do my writing now.
I have got quite a lot on my mind at the moment though.

I think because I've been used to my years of teaching I need to keep my brain occupied and I'm not doing this at the moment...
Thanks for 'listening'. x

petram
28-02-12, 20:19
hi guys sorry been a busy bumble bee which is a great sign for me , means im starting to get on with life more!! and i must admit it feels great , not to say im high but just so relieved that these tabs are helping at last i must off been on them 10 weeks now i guess , nearly a whole week of feeling normal yay but strangely feels like longer and it isnt till u get better u realise how BAD u was...... i still got odd bit of ocd but anxiety is minimal and mood is stable which i mean by that is i only get sad when normal and happy with good stuff :)

pink/ catya your be ok hun s , i cant belive how tight your gp s are really are they paying themselfs out of there pockets!!? and if it was there family members or them they wouldnt hesitate to give them out ... ass holes ...lol however i became better or started to get better on the normal release so it s prob the doseage that i got right saying that still early days not even been a whole week yet!!! i did notice last night after taking the normal release about a hour later i got hot flushes n felt achy n very sick , this went on for about a hour so tonight im gonn atake em right b4 bed and see if that helps , but if someone told me i d be like this a week ago id never off beliefed them so hang in there u WILL get there :)
lots of love xx

Catya
28-02-12, 20:29
Oh thanks for your positive post Petra!!! = ) Well I'm behind you as only been on them six weeks, so some time to go! XX

pinkdove
28-02-12, 22:16
thanks pet your post has given me the strength and hope to carry on, i am just 4 weeks on ven and day 1 of increase, so i know i have to be patient.

i am so pleased for you, you deserve to feel better, get your life back hun, grab it and enjoy every minute of it. keep in touch xxx

ven buddies hope you all feel ok tonight xx

Pipkin
29-02-12, 19:42
Hi guys,

How are you all doing today? Further wobbles from me with a seriously dodgy stomach. Also, I was attacked by a rampant fly in my bedroom last night which woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep again, even after I'd tracked it down and liberated it.

Well, tomorrow's another day and my chin is firmly up.

Take care

Pip x

Catya
29-02-12, 20:45
Well done Pip!
Yes, I spent yet another night wide awake.... Grrrrr.... I think maybe this dose is too much for me. Been a bit more organised today though, so that's a plus!

pinkdove
29-02-12, 21:10
hi pip and kate, well i have to say that after the usual morning crap, i have had a good day :) been out shopping, which i acually enjoyed, almost anxiety free, and have been fine since.

don't want to count my chicken's but i think the ven is doing something positive.

kate, are you getting any positive times ? maybe you have to adjust to the increased dose. i hope you get a better sleep tonight xx

pip, sorry you have had wobbles today, maybe your dodgy stomach has nothing to do with the ve, you were doing so well, hope you feel better soon xx

we will keep supporting each other till we get there ,,,and we will take care xx

Pipkin
29-02-12, 21:24
Hi there,

I think my stomach is related to anxiety but I've had a crappy couple of days at work so it's hardly surprising. I'm still a thousand times better than I was though and everyone has good and bad days - I just think we notice them more because we're looking more closely at how we feel.

Kate - the sleep problems will pass - although I still have difficulty staying asleep, it's better than it was. Try to take the evening tablet as early as you can as it can make you quite alert.

Pip x

pinkdove
29-02-12, 21:35
yes pip, we do overthink everything, and i hope you start to have your good day's soon :) you need you to keep us going, you are the one that gave me the confidence to start and think positive about ven, and i's so glad you did,

sending you :hugs:

Pipkin
29-02-12, 21:49
Thanks Pink - I'm feeling the hugs heading down the M62!

I'm definitely still positive and starting on ven was absolutely the best thing I could have done to help me. I would have been amazed if I felt great everyday. In fact, I would have been a bit worried I'd turned into a robot. It's still important that we feel things - I don't fancy turning into a sedated zombie!

Really pleased you're feeling better. I love a good shop around Leeds - the Cornmarket is my favourite place.

Take care

Pip x

:hugs: to all of you and :scared15: because I like the face and my eyes still look like this...

Catya
01-03-12, 00:28
:winks:Lol

pinkdove
01-03-12, 12:24
morning ven buddies, today i am quite good :D little bit of morning anxiety, but i can cope with that.

kate, hope you are a bit better today, how's the increased dose going ?

pip, i know you will be working, but hope you are feeling more like you today xx

pet, i hope you are too busy living life to come on, you deserve it xx

Pipkin
01-03-12, 19:13
Hi guys,

Yes, just got in from work and feel much better today - just having a couple of down days. The good weather certainly helps.

I hope you're all ok.

Pink - hope the good day continued. I always feel a bit anxious in the morning too but I've learnt to live with that. Good to hear you sounding so positive.

Kate - how's the increased dose? I'm sure you'll get the odd symptom at first but they'll pass.

Petra - have fun and let us know how you're doing sometime.

Take care

Pip xxx

pinkdove
01-03-12, 19:22
hi pip, aw that's great you are feeling better, and it has been lovely here today :)

i have had another good day :yesyes: can't believe after only 3 day;s on the increased dose, i can feel a difference...although better not count my chickens lol.

hope all you ven buddies are doing good xx

Pipkin
01-03-12, 19:24
:D
xxx

Catya
01-03-12, 19:26
Pip?... and everyone else.
I've been reading about the higher doses of ven and how after 150mg the noreprinephine is affected, which can, if you are sensitive to it being tampered with, cause more anxiety. Also the higher doses cause more sweating which would account for my hot flushes getting much worse.
I think I'm going to try and lower my dose. Oh dear.... this is always what I've been frightened of. Hmmmm. Just thought I'd share with you!

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

Ok.... so what doses are you all on again? Thanks!

pinkdove
01-03-12, 19:41
kate i take 2 x 37.5 in the morning, and 1 in the vening 8.30 am and 8.30 pm.

only on day 3 of increase and can already feel benefits, maybe your dose is too high for you, althou i do have sweats, but they pass pretty quickly xx

Pipkin
01-03-12, 19:53
Hi Kate,

I'm still on 75mg a day - 1 in the morning. You're right about the added effects at 150mg but they are more likely to reduce anxiety after the initial side effects have worn off.

The norepinephrine effects are what make ven different from SSRIs and can be really beneficial. It takes time to adjust though so I think you should give it time, if you can put up with the side effects for a while. A lot of people take much higher doses so don't be scared of it. You might see a bit difference soon.

Take care

Pip x

Catya
01-03-12, 20:37
Yes, but if I'm right, the increase in noreprinephine can make you more anxious.
I think I am going to lower my dose if only to stop this increase in hot flushes. = (

pinkdove
01-03-12, 22:11
kate , i have read that ven can take a while to kick in, so maybe you have increased too soon, i waited 4 weeks before i increased and only by 37,5 mg.

when i took too high a dose of cit, i had increased anxiety, extreme tiredness, and low mood. so had to decrease.

you will do the right thing for you, hope it helps xxx

Pipkin
01-03-12, 22:51
Kate, I agree with Pink. You will do what's best for you as you know how you feel.

Take care and let us know how you're getting on tomorrow.

Pip x

Catya
02-03-12, 09:51
kate , i have read that ven can take a while to kick in, so maybe you have increased too soon, i waited 4 weeks before i increased and only by 37,5 xxx

well this is my gp for you! :blush: which is why I don't really have a lot of faith in him, although he's quite pleasant. Lol. He doubled my dose after five days.

I took just a 37.5 last night and shall do the same this morning, so will be back down to 75mg.
Yes, I woke up in the night with zaps in my brain and terrible heartburn ( aggg, so soon....) but feel ok this morning and a little clearer headed. Will now see if my theory is correct! xx

pinkdove
02-03-12, 10:07
kate don't do it too quick, but i think you are right about the dose being too high, it's strange but i get haertburn too, don't know if it's the meds or not.

i would drop 1 37.5 mg tab every couple of days, because of the short half life of ven. i think it's 12 hours, i seem to be ok on the three 37.5 mg daily. early days though.

hope you feel better soon xx

Pipkin
03-03-12, 23:36
Hi all,

How are you all doing today? Good here - nice walk, afternoon nap and now a glass of wine. Feeling quite relaxed.

Pink - I hope you're still seeing improvement
Kate - how's the new dosage going?
Petra - keep enjoying yourself and long may it last

Take care

Pip xxx

pinkdove
04-03-12, 13:48
hi pip, still doing ok :) got call from my mum this morning she has a chest infection, so i got dressed and went to collect her pills from sainsbury;s pharmacy, was quite calm, and almost no anxiety, it's not been a week since i increased, but i can feel some positive benefits. i hope it lasts. so glad you are still doing well, long may it continue xx

kate hope you are doing ok with the decrease. let us know how you are xx

petra, i know you are doing well, we spoke on facebook, just want to send you :hugs: if you log in xx

Pipkin
04-03-12, 14:14
Pink - great to hear you're doing well. It's amazing what we can do when we have to. Hope your mum's feeling better soon.

Fine here too. Feeling quite perky still though the weather here today is atrocious so I don't fancy going out. Going to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea! I really know how to live it up!

A big hug to all my ven buddies :bighug1:

Pip xxx

pinkdove
04-03-12, 14:28
same here pip. weather awfull!!! having a sofa day today, but a good sofa day :)

i can't believe the difference since i started the ven, my head is a lot clearer, and i seem to improve by the day.

have a lovely relaxing day, so pleased you are feeling perky, i don't want to speak too soon, but i think i might be recovering :D

Millymolly
05-03-12, 23:29
Hi guys! was just reading through ur posts & wanted to say a great big :yesyes:as I'm feeling really encouraged, I had been on venlalic xl 75mg for 3 weeks but only felt a little improvement to my anxiety levels, went back to docs last mon and he doubled my dose to 150mg. Still feeling really anxious, tho did have one good day. Really hoping they start to kick in soon as I dont want to have them increased again, but its good to hear they can take a good few weeks to work properly!
keep posting x

Pipkin
05-03-12, 23:34
:welcome: Mandie,

Yep, they take a while to kick in but, as you've read, they can help a lot if you give them time.

Feel free to join in - we'd be interested to hear your experience.

Take care

Pip x

P.S. how are the rest of the gang doing? All good here :D

Catya
05-03-12, 23:53
Hello to all.
Hmmmmmmm. Was waiting till I really had something to report but then realised it was rude to say nothing.
Had Saturday night in Cambridge with my daughters which was good ( but felt strange ). Still sticking with my 75mg ven. Good to hear all your stories! xxx

Pipkin
06-03-12, 00:02
Kate,

:welcome: back! We missed you! :hugs:

Keep at it and let us know how you're doing as often or as little as you want to.

Great to hear from you

Pip xxx

Catya
06-03-12, 00:13
Bless you. Thanks xx

petram
06-03-12, 10:22
hi guys xxxx
im sorry iv not been on here as much , i seem to be plodding along just well , i seem to want more out off life now and get bored very easy and keep moaning at me hubby which is kinda peeing him off , but when u been dead inside for 6 months u wanna start living and having more FUN!! lol ........
i guess i need to fullfill my own life a job wouldbe a good start wouldn,t it ,
im still on 1x 75mg xl in the am and im gonna be starting the 37.5 mg xl this evening in replacement off the normal release due to the fact i can feel a bit rough taking the eve 1 about a hour after popping it :/.
iv also got my 1st cbt app this am , however everything is greatly reduced now so i reckon they will put me on the back burner???

il let u all know .....i also found out my b12 levels are slightly low my reading is 210 .. and normal starts at 215. so nothing to major my gp said he d retest it again in 2 months but the other doc i see said she wants to discuss however she is off for 2 weeks!!

thank you all for your support and i will def be back to check in and update , any 1 suffering PLEASE dont give up keep strong this will pass , and also note its getting the dose right not always that the med is wrong for you so hang in there and tweak ya med dose if after 3 weeks u still feeling crap with docs permission!!

loads love n hugs to u all
xxxxxx

Catya
06-03-12, 12:38
That's good to hear Petram.
Yes I've 'tweaked' my dose myself, and am now taking 37.5 twice a day. the only problem is, the dr has given me the 75mg tabs so I have to cut them in half, which isn't always that accurate. Am going to try and get the lower dose.

pinkdove
06-03-12, 12:48
hi kate are you any better on the reduced dose ? i hope so.

i have a pill cutter got it at sainsbury's pharmacy about £2 it's worth getting one as it's more accurate.

i am 1 week into the increased dose, still a bit up and down, but better, i feel it's going to work, and doing something now, just the hot sweats are crap.

pip, hope you are still doing ok, let us know we need to hear your positive's.

i know pet is good, spoke to her on fb, wishing her all the very best

hope you all have a good day :hugs:

Pipkin
06-03-12, 13:41
Hi Petra and :welcome: back!

Great to hear you're doing so well - I'm really, really pleased for you. I agree absolutely with what you say. Enjoy yourself and make up for all the time you've missed. And also, to stick with the meds - they really can take some time to kick and to get the dose right can be tricky.

Take care and a big hug from me :bighug1:

Love Pip xxx

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

Sorry Kate and Pink,

I wasn't ignoring you! I wrote the last message ages ago and my phone decided to wait before it posted it.

I'm still doing really well, even my morning anxiety is easing. Minimal side effects, just still the teeth clenching which is annoying. The dilated pupils are still around :scared15: but better than they were.

I'm definitely stable at this dose (75 mg a day) so I'll be sticking at this for a while. I see the doc again in a couple of months so I'll see how I feel then.

Take care all :hugs:

Pip xxx

Catya
06-03-12, 15:49
Hi Pinkdove. Yes I have a pill cutter but the tablet kept moving and then some of it crumbled....so not an accurate amount. Have rung the practice for a prescription for the lower dose tabs.
It's interesting that you are complaining about the hot sweats ( see my other post). I found that, and the insomnia, too much on the higher doses which is why I've lowered. I seem more stable on this 75mg. xx

lauz_lea
06-03-12, 16:10
Petra - it's really great to hear you're doing so well, long may it last. How is Conor, I haven't seen anything of him on here lately, not since he was prescribed Sert. Did he decide to take it or not?

Ladies, it's always great to read of people feeling better, it gives us all encouragment, not just those who are regulars to NMP like me, but for those reading your posts in the future. There are so many horror stories on the internet (and we all know why), that good results are even more important. When we start to feel better, we tend to drop of the radar for so many reasons (i.e. we don't need the constant reassurance we've been seeking and we feel well enough to get on with life).

You all seem to be doing so well. When the time comes for you to drop off the radar, or utilise NMP less, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do some kind of "closing statement" to let everyone know how well you are in relation to the medication you find success with.

pinkdove
06-03-12, 17:03
hi guys, oh it's so nice to read happy stories, you are all doing so well, and i am improving by the day.
petra :yesyes: so happy for you hun. enjoy life you so deserve it :hugs:
kate, you seem better on the lower dose, and like me you seem to be getting there, hope you continue to improve :hugs:
pip, thanks again for the positive post, you are doing great :yesyes:
lauz, we will keep posting our progress if it helps one person it os worth it, and everyone like to read something positive, i am still not 100% but getting there, hope you are well to :hugs:
millie,molly keep posting, hope you are seeing some improvement now xx

keep posting ven buddies it really helps xxxx

Catya
06-03-12, 17:06
mmmmm. It seems starnge that the sweating increases with upping the dose.
Venlafaxine is supposed to be a treatment for menopausal hot flushes. Not much of a treatment eh? lol. I'm sleeping much better on the lower dose.

pinkdove
06-03-12, 17:27
hi kate, i did'nt know that, but i'm menopausal anyway lol, so when it settles it might help that too, i think you know your own body, when i took too high a dose of cit, i felt like death, i decreased it myself and began to feel less anxious.

i know this is a long road kate, but i really feel we are going to get there this time :) and i love to read the positive posts by petra and pip, can't wait till we;re posting them.. and hopefully it won't be long :hugs:

Pipkin
06-03-12, 19:29
Hi guys,

No hot flushes here but then, being a 41 year-old man, maybe I wouldn't get them!

There's no doubt that we're all improving - it's just at different rates which isn't surprising. We're all different people and deal with the anxiety and the meds in our own way. It's not the speed we get there that's important, it's the fact that we do and that we stay there.

Like Pink said, I'll keep posting as long as it is helping someone. Besides, the mutual support helps us keep on track.

By the way, I've posted so much that I'm no longer a junior member - I feel so old now :D

Take care

Pip x

Catya
06-03-12, 19:36
Do you find that the 75mg dose does increase sweating though Pip? I hope it's not going to.

Pipkin
06-03-12, 19:42
Kate,

No, not at all. If anything, it's a bit better as the physical symptoms of anxiety have reduced. When I was taking sertraline, it was a nightmare. I was generally sweating more but my hands were terrible. I was embarrassed to shake hands with anyone at work. Now, completely fine.

Pip x

pinkdove
06-03-12, 22:09
hi kate, the sweating i am having i had on cit too, it is no worse since i increased the meds, hope this helps xx

pinkdove
07-03-12, 19:05
hi all, well i've not been great today, is it usuall to feel so up and down? i'm 9 days into the increased dose. xx

Pipkin
07-03-12, 20:04
Pink,

I was quite up and down over the first couple of weeks and then it settled down. I think it probably is fairly normal.

I still have a blip now and then, like I did last week. Yours will be a blip too. You should be feeling better in a day or two.

Take care

Pip xx

pinkdove
07-03-12, 20:47
aw thank's for that pip, it is so disheartening when you think you are getting there, but i have to be positive, one dayat a time.

hope you are feeling ok today xx

pinkdove
08-03-12, 19:39
hi ven buddies, well today has been much better, had a virus on my laptop so could.nt use it till bt got rid,

felt calm and relaxed no anxiety, coped without the laptop, and had more enegy today, if this is ven starting to kick in bring it on.

kate hope you are ok.

pip, at least it's a better post than yesterday, much more positive today, hope you are well too

nicola1980
08-03-12, 19:46
Hi can i join you all please? am starting ven tomo xx

pinkdove
08-03-12, 19:53
:welcome: nicola you'll soon be feeling better on ven, read through the posts a lot of positives xx

Catya
08-03-12, 21:22
Hi all. Yes, feeling a bit better thanks. The lower dose seems to suit me better.
Welcome over here Nicola! = ) xx

Pipkin
08-03-12, 21:44
Hi everyone,

Glad to see we're all feeling ok. Fine here, in fact a very good day indeed. Roll on the weekend, a couple of glasses of wine beckon!

Hi can i join you all please? am starting ven tomo xx

Nicola - of course you can, we'd love to hear your views and we'll give you all the support you need.

Love Pip x

pinkdove
08-03-12, 22:03
hi guys, kate so glad you are feeling better. it just goes to show that too high a dose can cause as many problems, hope you continue to improve xx

hey pip, great you have had a good day, yep dry white for me at the weekend too xx

nicola good luck for tomorrow xx

lauz_lea
08-03-12, 22:42
just goes to show that too high a dose can cause as many problems

I think you're so right - all my problems started when the doc wanted me to up my dose of paroxetine - I'd been on 10mg for years (half the recommended theraputic dose) before withdrawing completely last year, but this time, going up to 20mg sent me loopy, then adding the mirt to the mix only helped a little but when I upped that to 30mg (the theraputic dose), I started going loopy again.

It just goes to show, that sometimes, even the minimum recommended dose can be too high for some people.

pinkdove
08-03-12, 23:17
hi lauz i was the same on cit, they put my dose up to 60mg, and i was so tired, anxiety thru the roof and felt so medicated, i reduced, and the lower i went the better i felt.

even on ven i am on a relatively low dose, but i think it will be enough to get me where i want to be, when it has kicked in, already seeing some positive effects.

i think we know our own bodies lauz, hope you are ok xx

lauz_lea
08-03-12, 23:34
That we do Pink, that we do. I'm sure I've confused the hell out of my GP. Don't get me wrong, I have every faith in her, she's brilliant but she wouldn't listen when I said I wanted to give the paroxetine more time and has gone from trying to get me to up the dose, to trying to get me to come off it all together, never considering that 20mg was too high and that was what was causing the problem. But I think she was so worried about me and the state I was in when I went up to 20mg of paroxetine and had no idea that the dose could have been too high for me personally.

I won't slate her, after all, she's a "general" practioner, not a mental health professional/specialist, and she has referred me for further therapy and its not her fault that it takes so long for it to come through.

She's been extremely supportive and has listened to me talk well over the normal appointment slot and I couldn't have asked for more from her.

nicola1980
09-03-12, 10:08
Morning well ive took my first ven! Was so nervous i was shaking x x

Pipkin
09-03-12, 10:46
Morning well ive took my first ven! Was so nervous i was shaking x x

Good luck - you'll be fine. Let us know how you're getting on.

Pip x

pinkdove
09-03-12, 12:01
morning guys, feeling ok again this morning, fingers crossed the ven is kicking in, i'm finding i am more calm, and have more energy if that makes sence, there had been a definate lift in my mood, so i am so pleased with the way things are going for me now.

nicola, that's the first step, i really hope they work for you,as they have for me, i feel so much better than i did on cit.

lauz, look's like we're getting there at last what dose you taking now ?

pip hope you are still improving and having a really good day.

and pet in case you pop in......go girl!!!! enjoy every day xx

lauz_lea
09-03-12, 16:40
Glad you're doing well Pink.

I'm still on 7.5mg of mirt, and took 9mg paroxetine this morning. I don't intend going above 10mg of the paroxetine at this stage, and I only reduced the paroxetine a week ago to match the increase in mirt 2 weeks ago.

I'll see how I fair this weekend as I am seeing my GP on Monday, and will ask her if I can stay on 10mg paroxetine for at least 3 weeks (I'll ask if the tablets come this small or if there is any XR but I don't think there is), but one thing I do know is that I feels miles better having reduced the mirt. I just hope this normal feeling is here to stay.

nicola1980
09-03-12, 17:23
Hi well an hour after id took my first ven it knocked me out and when i woke i was all shakey and panicky but nothing new there tho! My mouth is v dry and feel quite yucky, only on 37.5mg once a day for a week then i up to twice a day next wk, when you guys take your 2 a day what time do you take them? X x

pinkdove
09-03-12, 18:35
hi guys, another good day for me :) been shopping and visiting my parents, hardly any anxiety at all, see gp on monday, hope i can just stay on this dose, i think it will work for me....fingers crossed/

lauz so glad you are having a better day, you seem to fair much better on the lower dose..hope it continues.

nicola, sorry you felt awfull, but it might be all the different meds you have been on, so don't lose heart, i really havent had any bad side effects at all.

i take my doses at 8,30 am and 8-30 pm. and that seems to work fine for me, and my pysciatrist said that was the correct way 12 hrs apart. hope you feel better soon xx

nicola1980
09-03-12, 19:24
Thanks pinkdove what dose are you on? X x

pinkdove
09-03-12, 19:27
hi nicola started on 37.5 twice a day, now on 2x 37.5 am and 1 37.5 pm. hope this will be enough for me xx

nicola1980
09-03-12, 20:02
Thanks pinkdove :-) x x

cathycrumble
09-03-12, 20:08
So happy for you pinkdove you must be made up I cant wait to be like that. I am not going to Ivans until next week now think its best. It is hard sticking these meds out because I have the shit SE. but will keep taking them,

How are you feeling Nicola?

Cathy xx

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

hi nicola started on 37.5 twice a day, now on 2x 37.5 am and 1 37.5 pm. hope this will be enough for me xx

Wanted to ask you Pinkdove if it is ok? But do you have fears/phobia that was keeping you ill ? Or general anxiety?

YOu dont have to answer if you don't want to. :)

Cathy xx

pinkdove
09-03-12, 21:16
:hugs:hi cathy, i started with anxiety, mainly through my job, but kept on working, untill i felt so dizzy i could hardly stand up,i handed in my notice stupid i know, went to the gp and he said i could'nt work the 6 weeks, as i was completely burned out, this led to a clinical depression, and i was housebound, in fact bed bound for months, i have always had issues with anxiety but never that bad.

now i am so scared of going back there, ithink that fuels my anxiety, but i have got my life back now, and you will too, it first started in aug 2010, so it has been a long haul for me, but i am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel now...fingers crossed.

i know you have a fear of blood pressure, i have complete white coat syndrome lol, but i'm even getting over that seen so many doc's the last couple of years.

cathy you will get there, i never thought i'd feel like me again, but i feel almost there now,just pangs of anxiety and fear but they don't last as long now.

really hope you feel better soon xx :hugs:

cathycrumble
09-03-12, 21:27
Thanks pinkdove for that you have been through it also. Mine started sep 2010 so we not so far apart.

It is also good to know you had bad white coat also and you are getting over it so gives me hope to. I have also suffered with anxiety in the past but have dealt with it.

So I am sure I will deal with this also.

Cathy xx

pinkdove
09-03-12, 21:35
no problem cathy, i used to faint getting a blood test lol, still scared to go to the hairdresser.....i could go on, so if i can get there, so can you xx

cathycrumble
09-03-12, 21:58
Yes I know what you mean lol

cathy xx

Pipkin
09-03-12, 22:37
Hello all,

Welcome to new posters - I hope you are all ok.

The same here for me - a pretty good day. I've had a headache all day though and fell asleep as soon as I got in from work and now am annoyed with myself as I've just woken up! That's half the evening gone...

Nicola - I also started on 37.5mg a day and then doubled this after a week. At the time, my anxiety was at a record high but I managed to tolerate these doses ok. It's important to take the doses as near to 12 hours apart as you can and always with food.

Pink - so pleased you're still feeling better. Such an improvement when you look back to earlier posts. Well done!

Signing off as I better go and get some dinner.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
10-03-12, 12:25
morning all, hope you are all feeling ok this weekend.

well i woke up this morning not too bad just the ususal morning stuff which passes, then i fell :blush: in the house, that was bad enough, but we have a metal coad stand with heavy crystals on, and it fell on top of me, my hubby ran to help and pulled it off, now i know how calm i have been, because i shook from head to foot, leg pouring of blood, and every bone in my body aches, took a diazapam, 2 paracetamols and have calmed down a bit, sorry to rant, but feeling a wee bit sorry for myself.

i had planned to do so much today, now i am stuck on the couch....but for a different reason, still it takes my mind of other thinds xx

nicola1980
10-03-12, 12:50
Oh no pinkdove :hugs: at least you didnt break any bones. Well day 2 for me and not too bad so far apart from a really dry mouth and tiredness x x

pinkdove
10-03-12, 12:57
hi nicila. i read on your thread that you did'nt retch this morning...great news, yea i think you get a dry mouth with most ad's but that passes, and you will feel a bit tired as you have been through such a lot.

it sounds as if this is a better day for you, i know it's early days, but please have faith, third time lucky, this one will work for you, hope you have a good day xx

nicola1980
10-03-12, 16:49
Hi guys well at the min my anxiety is soaring :mad: its been simmering all day but now the panics coming, the physchatrist did warn me i might feel worse for a while :mad: x x

Pipkin
10-03-12, 16:51
Nicola,

Ride it out - you'll get there! We've all been through it and in a couple of weeks, you will definitely be feeling better.

Take care

Pip :hugs:

pinkdove
10-03-12, 17:27
aw sorry nicola, but as pip say's you'll have to hang on in there, use your diazapam, to get you through this tough time, it could be stopping the mirtz, oh i feel for you having to swap again, but this time it WILL work xx

Annip
10-03-12, 17:35
Hi.Sorry to hear about your accident Pinkdove. Getting the hang of threads etc.
Just to let everyone know that when Venlefaxine works for you it is brilliant. I suffered severe depression with bad anxiety, last year..bed bound....citalapram didn't help but the venlefaxine did. It took a while to kick in (3/4 weeks to lift my mood) but I also took diazepam and sleeping tablets. Gradually came off these. Just suffered a blip when trying to withdraw the venlafaxine but certainly had good day today. Just hang on in there everyone xx

pinkdove
10-03-12, 17:46
:welcome: annip, so glad you are feeling a bit better now, and the ven is working for you, what dose are you on, and how long have you been on it? keep posting these positive threads it really helps :hugs:

nicola1980
10-03-12, 17:53
Im still on the mirt aswel at the min, having to cross taper over the next 2 weeks x x

pinkdove
10-03-12, 18:02
oh yes , sorry i forgot that, i knowhow hard this is nicola, but you can do it, just think what you have already done, so sorry you are having it so tough just now, you must be so fed up with it all.

keep looking forward, don't look back, you will get there hun xx

Pipkin
11-03-12, 01:05
Hi all,

Hope you're all ok.

Pink - how are you doing after your accident? Just the sort of thing I normally do! There's a door at work which seems to have it in for me and I have the huge bruises on my arm to prove it. Rest up and you'll soon be back on your feet.

Nicola - I hope you're ok. Keep posting with how you're doing and we'll give you all the support you need. We've all been there and are more than happy to help. I'm so grateful to all my ven buddies who helped me through a really difficult time. We're all in this together.

Take care

Pip :hugs:
xxxxxxxx

pinkdove
11-03-12, 10:47
morning ven buddies, on early this sunday morning, still nursing my cuts and bruises, seems worse this morning lol..

thanks pip, i know what you mean about the door, although it made me laugh, i always bump into my kitchen door, and it's always been there...never moved :blush:

hope you all have a good sunday, again i am feeling not too bad, still a bit of morning crap, but that usually passes.

hope you all have a good sunday xx

Annip
11-03-12, 16:32
Hi Pinkdove. I am taking 37.5mg X 2. How strange it all iis though. I had such a good day yesterday and now today is less good. Why does it come good and then not just stay there?
I suppose each day is different and we all know we have to hang on in there. xx

pinkdove
11-03-12, 19:04
yep annip i was the same very up and down i had my dose increased to 2 x 37.5 in the moening and 1 in the evening, nearly 2 weeks ago now, just beginning to level out now, but i am sure this is going to work for me, it is better than citalopram, don't feel se medicated on it.

annip it is just a blip hun, you will be better again tomorrow, and then the good days will be more than the bad, and soon we will be back to normal....fingers crossed. take care xx

nicola1980
11-03-12, 20:57
Hi, im not sure i can carry on with these ven, day 3 and my anxiety is through the roof, my pupils are massive and i feel sooooooo sick that i can't stomach any food, is this normal side effects? xx

pinkdove
11-03-12, 21:21
hi nicola, i have replied on your thread hun, no i don't think this is normal. i think it is all the changes you have had over the past couple of months, please read my message on your thread hun xx

Pipkin
11-03-12, 23:22
Hi Nicola,

Sorry you're feeling so bad - I was like this when I started sertraline and I couldn't stick it out. I know how awful it is.

My GP gave me beta blockers for the first 3 weeks to help me ride out the symptoms and it really worked. I think the anxiety you're feeling is normal and it will go. Before you stop, go and see your GP. You can do it.

Take care

Pip x

cathycrumble
12-03-12, 00:05
Pipkin

Did you have to give the sirt up and what dose were you on?

I was on 100 but felt it was too high so I have gone down to 50 hope they work for me it is just that the anxiety has got so high. and the mornigns are the pitts.

Having said that I have had a good day today I took 50 today.

Cathy xx

Pipkin
12-03-12, 07:21
Hi Cathy,

I'd been on ven before but my GP prescribed sertraline in January. I started on 50mg and stuck it out for a week but I just couldn't cope with it. My anxiety went to an all time high. I swapped to ven with beta blockers and it improved a lot. It could have been the beta blockers that helped most though.

I think the sertraline probably would have settled down but I had confidence in ven, having taken it before.

Hope you're feeling a bit better. I would always stick with a lower dose until the side effects settle down.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
12-03-12, 10:05
morning ven buddies, just hoping for another day like yesterday, after the morning stuff goes,

i am very pleased with the way ven is working for me, still early days into the increase, but hoping i will be able to stay on this dose.

cathy stick to the lower dose, and hopefully things will settle for you soon.

pip hope you are well, you know i rely on you for all the positives :D

nicola take pip's advice please, hope you get some help today xx

kate, where are you ? hope you are doing ok xx

Catya
12-03-12, 12:53
Well.... Hmmmmm. The drop in dose of ven has caused massive withdrawal. Been trying to keep quiet about this, but please be warned when you are altering the dose.

It's panicked me now, and I want to get off them, and possibly onto Prozac. We'll see.

Hello to you all anyway. Have been reading how you're all doing xx

pinkdove
12-03-12, 13:04
hi kate sorry to hear that, are you staking ven and what dose did you drop too, i have heard that it is difficult to get off......:ohmy: i am not looking forward to that.

did you get something to help you, are you going to stop altogether.

sorry for all the question's, hope you are feeling a bit better today xx

Catya
12-03-12, 13:25
I am trying to cross taper to Prozac but its very difficult reducing the ven dose. This is just what I feared too. Xx

Pipkin
12-03-12, 13:48
Hi all,

It know it's not easy to come off as I've done this before. Against doctor's advice, I took the bull by the horns and just stopped abruptly resulting in a couple of rather unpleasant weeks. For me though, I'd sorted out my head a bit by this time and was prepared to endure this to stop the symptoms ASAP. I wouldn't recommend it though. For some, it can be pretty dangerous.

I'm trying not to think about this at the moment as I'm focussing on getting sorted and then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

One thing's for sure, nothing can be worse than how I felt before starting to take it this time. I consider myself to be a strong person, having endured anxiety for nearly 30 years, but the period early this year nearly had me waving the white flag. Actually, the way I was feeling, I think I'd have been institutionalised by now.

Take care all

Pip xxx

girl22
12-03-12, 15:17
Hi I'm 22 years old I'm a female.I started using celexa 20mg in the morning and amitriptyline25mg @night about 6mnhts ago.it was very hard on da 1st week as I flt like a zombie but it helped with my depression feelings.afta 4months I stared having sexual prblms now I have a short memory prblm.I 4get a lot.dis mrng I 4got dat da baking tray was hot a I touched it with my hands luckily 4me I didn't get hurt badly.I'm a student studying a degree in accounting I barley seem 2remeber what I studied last week.my question is is dy anything I can take 2make my memory 2b like its was b4,should I switch 2ada pills or should I just stop taking da pills?

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Hi I'm 22 years old I'm a female.I started using celexa 20mg in the morning and amitriptyline25mg @night about 6mnhts ago.it was very hard on da 1st week as I flt like a zombie but it helped with my depression feelings.afta 4months I stared having sexual prblms now I have a short memory prblm.I 4get a lot.dis mrng I 4got dat da baking tray was hot a I touched it with my hands luckily 4me I didn't get hurt badly.I'm a student studying a degree in accounting I barley seem 2remeber what I studied last week.my question is is dy anything I can take 2make my memory 2b like its was b4,should I switch 2ada pills or should I just stop taking da pills?

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

pinkdove
12-03-12, 18:50
:welcome: girl22, i am not able to recommend anything for your memory, but i would say please don;t just stop taking your meds, speak to your gp, he/she will be able to advise you what to do for the best xx

Pipkin
12-03-12, 19:38
Hi girl22,

I have to agree with Pinkdove. Don't just stop taking your meds. My advice would be to go back to your doctor and explain what you've written here to him/her. They'll be able to adjust your meds so that you find it easier to function day to day.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
13-03-12, 11:53
morning ven buddies, i am feeling not too bad this mornng, just the usual morning jitters, which pass.....i hope.

spoke to petra on fb, she is doing so well, she told me she started to feel much better after 3 weeks into the increase i am 2 today, and already feeling some benefits, so hopefully i might feel like me by next week. so glad she is doing so well.

kathy how are you going with your cross taper to prozac? i really hope you are doing ok.

pip. i am with you i can'y even think of coming off the ven, just taking one day at a time, till i feel completely normal......fingers crossed.

nicola1980
13-03-12, 11:57
Hi guys well day 5 and i woke up a bit calmer today with no retching or vomitting!! i increase my dose to 2 x 37.5mg on thursday and lower the mirt to 15mg so feeling anxious about that, i panic over meds way too much i need to really just go with the flow!! xx

pinkdove
13-03-12, 12:17
fantastic new nicola :yesyes: keep at it, one day at a time.

annip come and share your ven stories, there are people on here who can help and support you xx

pinkdove
14-03-12, 14:24
morning all, woke up feeling a bit better today, so i have been to the hairdresser this morning to have highlights and a cut.

now i find this very hard to do, but she know's about my anxiety, i rang her at 9am and she told me to come in at 10.30. i feel so proud of myself, i have done it :yesyes:

kathy where are you, and how are you getting on ?

pip hope you are still well xx

nicola if you come on, hope you continue to improve.

have a good day ven buddies xx

nicola1980
14-03-12, 14:31
Hi all, well day 6 today, i increase to 2x37.5mg tomo....eekkkk am very nervous about the increase as i also decrease the mirt down to 15mg!! was a bit of a shakey start as usual and i retched once but not sure if thats something to do with the amount of fags i wind down me first thing :blush:
Is Kate still taking the ven?? xx

pinkdove
14-03-12, 14:49
hi nicola, kate is cross tapering from ven to prozac, but i know she's had a rough ride coming off the ven, i only hope she is ok.

you keep going hun, don;t worry too much about the increase it is nothing like citalopram, you will be ok, if you can get through the last few months you can cope with the increase. good luck xx

Catya
14-03-12, 15:22
Hi. Yes am ok, but, no, stopped the cross taper as causing me too severe ibs. I'm trying to get used to the lower dose of 37.5 twice a day. I think I was increased up from this too quickly. Good luck Nicola. Thinking of you.
Will be away for a few days but will report back in.
I'm sticking with venlafaxine for the present. xxxx hugs to all

nicola1980
14-03-12, 15:33
37.5mg x twice a day is supposed to be the standerd dose for anxiety and panic disorders so fingers crossed for you kate, 150mg did seem quite high?? xx

pinkdove
14-03-12, 15:41
hiya kate, so glad to hear from you, i think you were increased too quick, and i really hope that this dose will do the trick for you. keep us posted xx:hugs:

pinkdove
15-03-12, 13:40
hi all, how rae you all coping.

kate i hope you are getting some relief, and how are you going on the ven now ?

nicola upping med today, one step closer to getting better xx

pip, where are you, are you doing well, i hope that is why you have not been on xx

not a bad day for me again, getting there, a wee bit better every day xx

nicola1980
15-03-12, 14:00
Hi so pleased your getting better everyday pinkdove :yesyes: taking my first second ven at teatime today, my cpn said this was the best time to take it as to start with you need to take it with food, usually take my first one around 7:30am, god im so scared stiff, really don't want a re run of last weekend when i first started it :ohmy: xx

pinkdove
15-03-12, 14:18
hi nicola, i know you are scared and it is not surprising with all you've been through, but i hope i can put your mind at rest.

most people find taking ven a lot easier than an ssri, such as cit or mirtz, as they have fewer side effects, and are tolerated easier.

you have been through cit withdrawal, and mirtz reduction, both os which are ssri's so the side effects have been horendous for you.

i was scared of changing and upping the dose, but i'm so glad i did it, after the cit withdrawal, i have had no problems with the ven in fact wish i'd done it months ago.

now your body is used to the ven, and getting rid of the ssri's so the increase should'nt cause you any problems...i know it's scary, but you will be ok, and i really hope they work for you xx

nicola1980
15-03-12, 14:46
Thankyou Pinkdove :hugs: xx

Pipkin
15-03-12, 18:06
Hi all,

Yes, I'm still here - just been busy for a few days with work stuff.

I'm still ok. Had a bit of a wobble earlier in the week but I'm feeling much better now.

Pink - good to see you're doing ok. Thanks for missing me!
Nicola - you'll be ok. It takes a while to get used to it but it certainly had helped me enormously. I was also scared of taking it in the beginning, staring at the packet and frantically looking things up on the Internet. Well done for taking the first step.
Kate - hope you're feeling a bit better. I'm sure you'll start to feel better soon.
Petra - if you check in, I hope all is well.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
16-03-12, 12:20
hi guys, hope you are all doing well, pip glad to hear you are good, i know what you mean about the little wobbles, but i suppose we are learning how to cope with them now.

kate how are you ? hope you are coping better today xx

nicola, how's the increase going, hope you have a good day.

i am much the same today, so do everything in the morning to keep occupied, had a call this morning from an old workmate and that was nice to catch up.

i do feel much better, but i hope to get better still nearly 3 weeks into the increased dose, so hoping to get a bit more out of that.

nicola1980
16-03-12, 12:23
Hi guys, well took my first 2nd dose of ven last night and woke up this morning in my usual anxious state :mad: my mouths feels really dry and got a sick yucky feeling, do you always take your first tablet of the day with food? i really struggle to eat in the mornings and im having to force toast down me just to take my ven which then makes me feel worse but the physchatrist told me to take it with food?? just wondered if you all did? xx

pinkdove
16-03-12, 12:42
yes i take mine in the morning with some cereal, but i don't have a problem eating, quite the opposite lol.

things will start to even out for you soon nicola, when do you stop taking the mirtz ?
hope you have a good day xx

nicola1980
16-03-12, 13:39
thanks Pinkdove, i stop the mirt next week, am back seeing the physchatrist on tues xx

Pipkin
16-03-12, 16:03
Nicola,

I also really struggled to eat at the beginning, having to force some cereal down so that I could take the tablet. I've never had much of an appetite but have now developed one and have put on a little weight (which is good for me because I am quite thin).

It will definitely pass

Pip x

pinkdove
17-03-12, 13:24
hi guys, a much better morning for me :D playing the distraction game to help the meds along, and it seems to be working.

hope you are all well and have a good weekend xx

nicola1980
17-03-12, 13:35
Hi thats great news pinkdove :D day 3 of increase today and got a really dry mouth still, anxiety calmed down from my usual morning anxiety so off out shopping for a bit x x

pinkdove
17-03-12, 19:09
great news nicola :D you are improving by the day, no matter how small any improvement is good news.

been shopping and visiting myself today, anxiety low to zero, so it;s all good, just hoping it lasts. have a good evening xx

nicola1980
17-03-12, 21:00
Hi guys well i managed to go out, went shopping then took my mum to put some flowers on my nans grave for mothers day, felt very calm whilst out so thats a good sign.........well for now anyway!! xx

Pipkin
18-03-12, 11:44
Hi all,

Just a quick message to check how you're all doing. Ok here, just the usual irrational worries which I'm trying to talk myself out of as usual.

Going to force myself to get out and about today and might even do a spot of gardening if the weather stays nice. I'm not a fan of Sundays as I know Mondays are always my worst day.

Take care and keep in touch

Pip xx

pinkdove
18-03-12, 12:54
hi pip, distraction seems to be the best method of curbing anxiety, so gardening should keep you occupied, hope the weather holds for you, do you think you will stay on the 75 mg, are you where you want to be ?

i am much better now, i would say almost there, i think the rest is up to me, it will be 3 weeks on tues since the increase so i know i will get more from the ven.

hope everyone has a lovely day. kate please check in and let us know how you are doing xx

nicola1980
18-03-12, 13:42
Hi guys had a better morning but just felt the anxiety raising so just took a diazepam, only on day 4 of 75mg tho so early days still but i must admit it has heightened my anxiety as a side effect :mad: but apparantly thats a common side effect of ven x x

Pipkin
18-03-12, 13:44
HI Pink,

I can sees some blue sky - what a treat in Yorkshire!

I'm like you, I think this is as much as the meds will do for me, the rest, I have to do for myself. Generally, I feel pretty good although the expected ups and downs are still around. I'm going to stay on this dose for a while and discuss it with my GP at my next review which is in April. Although I don't like taking meds (I feel I should be strong enough to do it on my own like I have for years), I think I need to stick with it for quite a few months yet. I can't face going back to where I was a couple of months ago. I'll see how I feel.

Great that you're feeling so much better. These meds can be seriously hard to adjust to but they really can help if you can stick it out, as we're finding.

Well, must dash - borders to weed whilst the sun shines...

Take care

Pip xx

pinkdove
18-03-12, 15:16
hi nicola so glad you are feeling a bit better today, and your diazapam will help with the increased anxiety, but i must say you sound a lot more positive, hope it continues for you, it is early days so any improvement is a good sign.

pip. happy weeding :D i think you are right to stay on the meds for a while, sometimes we just need that extra help to get to where we want to be. xx

pinkdove
19-03-12, 11:30
morning guys, well still having a bit of up's and down's although more up's than down's these days. small amount of anxiety the usuall morning thing.

i have an appointment with my gp tomorrow, although i think he will leave it to my pysciatrist to sort out meds, see him next monday, hoping i will be ok to stay on this dose.

pip you did say that they take a while to kick in fully so i am very hopefullm hope you are feeling a bit stronger xx

nicola you are on your way hun, you so deserve it, enjoy reading your posts they are much more optimistic now

nicola1980
19-03-12, 13:00
Hi Guys, well woke up with just simmering anxiety this morning, off to get my hair done in a bit so that'll make me feel better :D back seeing the physchatrist tomo morning xx

pinkdove
20-03-12, 12:17
morning just back from my gp appointment, blood pressure fine, asked him about the slow release capsules for thr mornings, as i have been feeling a bit nauseaus since the increase, he said to wait till monday and see what the pysciatrist thinks.

since sunday after feeling so well this is the second day that i feel a bit down, and slight anxiety :mad: i hope it is just a blip, i had so much faith in the ven.

hope you are all doing ok, kate where are you ? hope you are well. nicola good luck at the pysciatrist xx and pip, hope you are feeling more like yourself xx

lauz_lea
20-03-12, 13:15
When did you up Pink, could it be just a blip from that?

LAURA48
20-03-12, 13:30
Hi Pink - how long did you have to wait to see an NHS psychiatrist - was it a long wait? Hope you are just having a blip as you have been doing well on the Ven.

Have made a GP appoint on Thurs for 20mins - as still feel bad - so tearful and feel the depression is worsening which concerns me - I am on week 3 of sertraline as the initial side effects have gone.

Speak to you soon Laura x

pinkdove
20-03-12, 14:22
hi girls, lauz it has been 3 weeks today sice the increase, so hopefully its a blip, just felt so normal on sunday, but feeling a bit better as the day goes on, hope you are better today xx

laura, this is the second time for me seeing the pysciatrist stopped in august last year then asked to be reffered again, the forst time it was about 2 weeks, and this time only 1 week so that was quite good really.

i think you are right to make a 20min appt, it might be that they need a bit more time, but best to get that advice from your gp, if you are unhappy with the way you are going, its worth asking for a referral, really hope you feel better soon laura xx

nicola1980
20-03-12, 14:55
Hi guys, sorry your having a bad day pinkdove :hugs: im increasing my dose on thurs to 75mg in the morning and 37.5mg at night :ohmy: xx

pinkdove
21-03-12, 12:06
morning, well this is the third day in a row where i feel a bit low again, managing to try and keep busy, and distract myself, but i have to say i am a bit dissapointed as i was doing so well, i know we have up's and down's but i thought i had past that.
maybe i need a dose increase on monday.....if that's whats needed i will do it, just want to be back to normal.

nicola i know you are increasing tonight, so good luck with that, im sure you will be fine, but all in all you sound a bit better just now :D

hope you have a good day xx :hugs:

nicola1980
21-03-12, 12:21
Morning Pinkdove and other ven buddies, sorry your feeling low again pinkdove :hugs: im sure its just a blip but they knock your confidence and scare you :mad: well ive decided to take the higher dose of ven at night so ive got a full stomach as struggle to eat in the mornings! The physchatrist did say i could do the extra am or pm it didnt matter so im going the pm route! X x

pinkdove
21-03-12, 12:32
morning nicola, yea it has knocked my confidence :mad: for me in total it has been over 18 months and i am really fed up with it now, i do think the meds will work, i have to stay positive, because i've seen some positive results, it can be hard tho.

it sounds like a good idea to take the higher dose at night if you find it hard to eat in the morning, then when you take it you dont have too much time to dwell on it, hope you find it helpfull.

i think the ven has helped the anxiety, but is taking longer to work on my low mood so up and down xx

Pipkin
21-03-12, 13:50
Hi all,

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Generally, I'm still feeling ok though I'm getting anxious at the minute about stupid things. This is fairly typical of me and I didn't expect this to disappear due to the meds. I'm definitely better than I was before but it's showing me that the only real way to beat this is with determination. The meds do their bit but the rest is up to me.

What frustrates me is that I know I'm being illogical (and I consider myself to be a very logical person) but I can't seem to apply the logic sometimes. I know there are some things which I actually should worry about but I don't.

What's left at the moment is this awful feeling of impending doom. It doesn't help that I'm not sleeping very well at the moment so I'm totally knackered!

Anyway, being the positive person that I am, I know things are ok generally and I'm not about the roll over just yet. I'm certainly not going to change my meds or the dose. I'm just going to give myself a good talking to.

Take care and keep posting

Pip x

:scared15: = what I look like at the moment trying to keep myself awake!

pinkdove
21-03-12, 14:51
hi pip, yes i agree, the meds can only do so much, i am just so frustrated that i was feeling so well, and now feel like i am on a downwards spiral, of course it will be a blip, and i know i have to accept that, it has only been 3 weeks on the increased dose, and 7 weeks in total on the ven, so i know it is still early days.

i think i will take on board what you say about sticking to the meds, not increasing, and having the determination to get better, good advice, i haven't done much this last couple of days, so that wont help.

for me i find this hard as i was a very busy confident person, and just want to be that person again....sorry for the poor me post, just the way i'm feeling today.

Pipkin
21-03-12, 19:30
Pink,

There's no such a thing as a poor me post in my eyes. You just tell it like it is to us as you know we'll understand. That's what this forum is all about. I'm a really positive person despite my anxiety and I always think that tomorrow will be better. At the same time, I need to be honest with myself and others when I'm struggling and I really appreciate the support I get here when I express this. It's something I definitely can't do at work and there's only so much a partner can take, especially when anxiety can seem so alien to those who don't suffer from it.

When I said in my previous post that I was going to give myself a talking to, I meant it. Ridiculous as this might sound, I describe how I'm feeling to myself and then reply as if it were someone else telling me, like in posts on here. That way, I seem to be able to see solutions more easily and I talk a bit of sense into myself. Seems to work sometimes, just not when my anxiety gets really bad because then I struggle to think straight.

When things get really bad and I have a severe anxiety attack, the only way I can calm myself down is by remembering things in a sequence, like a series of books I've read and what happens in them. This seems to slow my brain down and helps me to stop the physical symptoms. I know it's all mind over matter and most of the time I'm strong enough to control it.

Anyway, I did give myself a telling off after lunch today as I think I might have been verging on self-pity which I don't allow in myself. There are so many positive things in my life compared to other people and, now and again, I need reminding of them.

I hope all my ven buddies are doing ok and apologies for the long and somewhat rambling post. As I said, I really appreciate your support. It's great to know you understand first hand.

Take care

Pip xx

nicola1980
21-03-12, 19:50
Well ive just took my increased dose gulp!! Really worked myself up today about it and now just relieved ive took it! Hoping it doesnt heighten my anxiety! X x

---------- Post added at 18:50 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

Wheres kate? Hope shes ok x x

pinkdove
21-03-12, 20:04
Pink,

There's no such a thing as a poor me post in my eyes. You just tell it like it is to us as you know we'll understand. That's what this forum is all about. I'm a really positive person despite my anxiety and I always think that tomorrow will be better. At the same time, I need to be honest with myself and others when I'm struggling and I really appreciate the support I get here when I express this. It's something I definitely can't do at work and there's only so much a partner can take, especially when anxiety can seem so alien to those who don't suffer from it.

When I said in my previous post that I was going to give myself a talking to, I meant it. Ridiculous as this might sound, I describe how I'm feeling to myself and then reply as if it were someone else telling me, like in posts on here. That way, I seem to be able to see solutions more easily and I talk a bit of sense into myself. Seems to work sometimes, just not when my anxiety gets really bad because then I struggle to think straight.

When things get really bad and I have a severe anxiety attack, the only way I can calm myself down is by remembering things in a sequence, like a series of books I've read and what happens in them. This seems to slow my brain down and helps me to stop the physical symptoms. I know it's all mind over matter and most of the time I'm strong enough to control it.

Anyway, I did give myself a telling off after lunch today as I think I might have been verging on self-pity which I don't allow in myself. There are so many positive things in my life compared to other people and, now and again, I need reminding of them.

I hope all my ven buddies are doing ok and apologies for the long and somewhat rambling post. As I said, I really appreciate your support. It's great to know you understand first hand.

Take care

Pip xx
Thaks pip, that makes a lot of sense , i will give myself a good talking too :blush: its odd but i feel better now, nights are always the best for me, i will be so optimistic now glass half full, and tomorrow WILL be better, hope you are feeling better too xx :hugs:

nicola hope the increase works for you xx

and kate if you are reading at all, let us know how you are hun xx

pinkdove
22-03-12, 13:05
aw bugger !!!! still feeling low this morning, just cant be bothered, be gald when i see my pyschiatrist on monday, planning a day out tomorrow with hubby, hope this helps, lovely sunny day here, so might just try and sit in the sun a while.

up's and down's this week has been down :mad: i really hope this feeling passes soon.

pip, hope you are feeling a bit better today.
nicola hope the increase helps you, and you feel better as the day goes on.
don't know about kate hope she is ok xx

LAURA48
22-03-12, 13:23
Hi Pink - sorry you are feeling so low - know the feeling very well at the moment - going to docs this pm - getting in a real state - feel so depressed and tearful - on sertraline but not doing me any good - don't think the SSRIs are my friends at the moment.

Will update you - hope you feel brighter as the day goes on.

Love Laura x:hugs:

pinkdove
22-03-12, 13:25
thanks laura good luck at the dr's toay, and hope you feel better as the day goes on.

just wish we could all get back to normal xx

Pipkin
22-03-12, 13:29
Hi all,

Feeling much better today. Beautiful weather here too so I've gone for a walk on my lunch break and now I'm boiling hot. I had a good think last night and sorted myself out. I just wish I didn't keep waking up so early.

Pink - a day out will be a good distraction - just what you need, I'm sure. I hope the weather stays nice for you. I'm doing the sport relief run at work tomorrow so I hope it doesn't rain.

Must dash because it's so hot, I think my legs are about to catch fire!

Take care and chins up

Pip x

pinkdove
22-03-12, 13:33
hi pip, so glad you are feeling better, and good luck with the sport relief run, yep sitting here feeling sorry for myself, so going to go out for a wee while catch the sunshine, and try to get rid of this low feeling.

oh and don't let your legs catch fire :D

Catya
23-03-12, 11:16
Hi. Just popped in to say hello! Am now on the lower dose of 75mg which has taken a lot of getting used to. Really noticed the drop physically. Been away so a bit to catch up on. Meds don't seem as effective as Prozac for depression. I guess you can't take Prozac and this dose of ven? See my dr on Monday. Will ask him. Love to all xxx

nicola1980
23-03-12, 12:06
Hi Kate been wondering how you were getting on?? did the higher dose of ven not suit you? ive just been increased to 75mg at night and 37.5mg in the morning, the physchatrist aims to get me at 150mg as that is the dose for anxiety/panics, still early days for me only increased wed night and been struggling with some side effects mainly heightened anxiety and nausea but not too bad today xx

pinkdove
23-03-12, 12:58
morning guys, kate so glad you checked in, was worried about you, i dont know about prozac with ven, but i find with the ven my anxiety has improved no end, but still have low moods, but i was told that the mood is the last to lift.....so still hoping, i really dont want to go any higher either, i have been on the increased dose three and a half weeks, so still expecting some improvement. keep us informed, and wishing you well :hugs:

pip morning, hope you enjoyed the sunshine yesterday in sunny yorkshire...i did, not so great today tho. and you sound more positive now, are you feeling better ? i hope so xx

nicola, morning, you are doing good, and hopefully the increased doe will help you further. it must be nice to get up in the morning without retching....hope you have a good day xx

Pipkin
23-03-12, 14:46
Hi guys,

Kate - great to hear from you. I'm sure your GP will advise on the meds. I believe you can switch from ven to flux fairly easily due to ven's short half life. Your GP will have the guidance on this. You can't take both at once though, except, I believe, during the transition.

I'm fine today. Just done the sport relief run which was good fun. Really warm here today - I just hope it stays like this for the weekend.

Take care

Pip x

pinkdove
23-03-12, 18:41
hi folks, well i have had a good day today :D talk about up's and downs, but this has been really quite normal, been out and about, spent time with my son and his girl, had lunch out and been shopping, a couple of days ago i just could'nt be bothered :mad: now i am thinking i hope this is it....better not talk to soon.

hope you are all doing well today xx