PDA

View Full Version : Mornings full of anxiety

honeybee3939
20-06-06, 12:10
Hi,

Im real pleased lately with my progress after suffering agorophobia for many years.
In the afternoon i feel as if my anxiety as disapperead completely, and i have been doing so well, the last few weeks i have been manageing to go to the retail parks, and even managed to visit the local supermarket without panic,and managed to return to work. I shouldnt realy complain about anything as i am so pleased not to be house bound, but i find i cant do any of these things on a morning as my anxiety seems to be sky high, does anyone else feel like this on a morning up to early afternoon?

Love

Andrea
xxx

heths
20-06-06, 12:22
Hi Andrea,

I find I can be anxious at any time, but mainly on a night because of worries I have then and because I find it harder to eat at night.

I was wondering do you have breakfast on a morning? I find I'm more anxious when I haven't eaten. Also do you have coffee on a morning because caffine can make some people feel more edgy.

Do you worry on a morning about the day ahead? That could also make you feel more anxious at that time.

Well done on getting out more. Hope this has helped,

Take Care,

Heather x

clickaway
20-06-06, 12:26
Hi Andrea.

I'm glad to her you say that you are getting out and about more.

I basically have to write mornings off. Its as if my mind is so disturbed at nightime, I wake up so stressed and full of fear I take a few hours to be human. For example, last night I woke at 4 with tenseness and fear resulting in me not really coming to until about 10.30 and getting up an hour later.

Recently, I had one or two good days whereby I was able to get up at 9.30 and was out in town at 11.30, but these are certainly not the norm!

I have had good days the last two times England have played, so I am hoping to improve loads today LOL

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Alexandra
20-06-06, 13:09
Hi Andrea

I feel just the same sometimes just like you & the others say but we can crack this all together.
I get so fed up at times but then i find it will spur me on a little more.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Daisybun
20-06-06, 14:06
Hi Andrea
yep mornings are usually not so good for me. However, sometimes i get a blip between 5-7 in the evening too, don't ask me why. Maybe it's because I'm expecting it. I'm so pleased that you are getting out and about that is great and you can build on that. And Alex, thanks for that message about cracking ot together, it's good to know that we are here to support each other.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Molly
20-06-06, 15:08
For me proper attacks used to only occur in the first 10 mins or so of the day - to such an extent that I now work myself into a state any day I want to get up particularly early. So silly but just can't help it !

However I managed one recently as I had stayed up until 5am unable to go to sleep , and was woken at 6am, so it seems to relate to me worrying about a lack of sleep and then some dodgy blood pressure and hyperventilating....but sadly knowing this doesn't seem to help me that much !

Happy to hear you're making progress though Honeybee!

honeybee3939
20-06-06, 19:12
Thankyou

Heather, Alex,Daisy,Molly and Ray for your kind replies,

Heather, maybe you are right, it could be the wondering what the day as instore for me that brings the anxiety on. I do have breakfast on a morning and also i stopped drinking coffee, its just that it seems to take me all morning to wake up, and i dont have many late nights im usually in bed for 10.30pm, but then again i shouldnt grumble i have made great progress, so just like Alex mentioned i will crack it in time!

Ray im hoping England win also !then we can both have a good day tommorrow !!...lol

Love

Andrea
xxxx

Di
20-06-06, 21:47
Hi Andrea my anxiety is always worse in the mornings, had a particularly bad time today, for me I know it's because I leave the house around 10.30 to go to work for a couple of hours, its the walking out of the door, crossing the road and getting there that makes me anxious, as soon as i meet up with my workmates the anxiety is much less and I always find the walk home a lot easier, probably because I walk most of the way back with someone.

Good luck with your mornings, you sound as if you are doing so well with the afternoons, I'm sure as time goes on you will beat it!

Take care

Di

marie ross
20-06-06, 23:08
Hi Andrea,

I'm terrible in the mornings, i just get so stressed out about things i know i have to do in the day. It takes me hours for my head to sort itself out. I'm ok once i'm in work, fine and dandy, then when it's time to go and get the kids from school i panic again!!! I think it's just a habit now, oh god here we go again, i've been doing the same routine for years now, work and then pick kids up from school and i still worry about it now!!!

Some people (me especially!!) are just not morning people, my boyfriend now knows not to hold a conversation with me unless i've had my morning cup of tea (de-caff of course!!)

I'm fine in the evenings, kids are in bed and i can relax (with the ironing, washing, hoovering, grrreat!!!)

Hope that you're feeling better soon, you sound like you're doing so well, keep it up!!!

Take care.

Marie XXX

chucklehound
20-06-06, 23:16
Welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

anderson78
21-06-06, 11:31
Hi Andrea,

My anxiety is always worse in the mornings I always wake with a trembling feeling. Does anyone else wake with a trembling feeling? Sometimes I don't want to go to sleep the night before as I know when I wake in the morning I will get that dreadful feeling in my stomach. It's funny as I don't seem to wake with the feeling when I know I haven't got to be up early and that I can lay in?

Well done on getting out more.

honeybee3939
21-06-06, 12:12
Thankyou for your replies,

its been another one of those mornings, had my coat on twice was going to treat myself to some flowers from the local flower shop, but havent made it yet, i know i will be able to go this afternoon as i will feel much better. Its strange how my mornings are like this, anyway will work on it, once again thankyou all.:D

Love

Andrea
xxx