PDA

View Full Version : Is my thoat closing up?!

little.miss.worry
16-02-12, 16:23
Well im 15 and soo scared right now :'( i cant stop thinking about it and i think im going to die :S well ive had the feeling that i cant breathe for a month and nearly 3 weeks now and i know that is anxiety and i have been to the doctors ive seen two infact! both could find nothing checked to see if i had asthma nope checked my heart rate fine and checked my throat nothing.. im used to it now but 2 nights ago my tongue started to feel sore i got scared then suddenly it felt like my airways were closing up i went bed and both went off by morning the whole day fine and then i started to think about my tongue it came back again then went off then suddenly the tight throat feeling was back its kinda hard to explain the only way to describe it as its closing up on me and feels like my tonsils are really badly enlarged i looked and they look normal i think...so i asked my mum and she said nope there fine nothing there at all so im really scared i keep thinking im going to die im only young aswell please help! oh and one more thing i have postnasal drip and there is quite alot of mucus at the moment do you think it is something serious or just anxiety!!!

Mindful
16-02-12, 16:27
Your throat is not closing up sweetie, your muscles in your throat are tense which makes it feel like it could-is closing. x

Danii
20-02-12, 23:47
I feel so bad for you. I had the same exact thing my senior year of high school. I thought my throat was closing all the time, I was afraid I would be allergic to something I ate and it would close. *hugs* It's okay, its just anxiety playing tricks on you.

Anxious_gal
21-02-12, 16:25
Go to the doctor and make sure he listens to your heart .
When I first started feeling the same way , my doctor discovered it was simply my heart beating fast and funny due to my anxiety.
Now I know what it is , it does help :)