PDA

View Full Version : new member. :D

cheryl foster
16-02-12, 18:37
hi. my name is cheryl. i have joined this site today to find myself some support for my severe anxiety. i have suffered for years. but from last year it got alot worse after a trip abroad, and a terrible pregnancy . i suffered constant flutters and anxiety while away AND during my pregnancy and it hasnt stopped since. i have now developed a fear of motorways and planes, infact im fearful of most things.i refuse to take doctors medication as i fear side effects of the medication, so i am dealing with this on my own with no help. no one around me understands what im going through,which is very hard for me. this illness ruins my everyday life and i want to get better. for myself and my family. happy to have joined this forum.:yesyes:

nomorepanic
16-02-12, 18:38
Hi cheryl foster

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

bignik
16-02-12, 18:42
:welcome:

Hi Nicola , they are a friendly and helpful bunch new to site also and found it very informative and helpful

best wishes Nick

cheryl foster
16-02-12, 18:47
thankyou. i am grateful to have found this forum. :)

nicola1980
16-02-12, 18:49
Hi and :welcome: this is a fab forum and you'll get loads of help and support :D xx

eternally optimistic
16-02-12, 18:59
Hi Cheryl

Glad you found the site - it has been a real deal for me to have this site as a support network.

You will, if you havent already, find that there are many many people feeling the same as you.

I am with you regarding being afraid of most things - - - getting on a plane this year is something I'd like to do.

I wish you well and hope you get what you want and need from the site.

Best wishes.

j

cheryl foster
16-02-12, 19:07
hi. thankyou so much. :D. im looking forward to my time on here. its a relief to know there is some support out there. people cant understand my plane fear. i think its the thought of being that high up and i cant just get off like im on a bus.. im like it on the under ground aswell..:blush: thanks for welcoming me here.:)

eternally optimistic
16-02-12, 19:13
Cheryl, yes, thats my problem, I think.

A holiday, I think, back in 2007, PLANNED BY ME, was what sent me over the edge. My husband and kids went on their own. How embarassing.

I dont like the idea of those people rabbiting on too. Peace and quiet is what I like.
I like the idea of doing half an hour on plane stopping and then starting again. That is pretty hard to do over the med...

I havent posted too much recently but am always on here looking for that eternal support and reassurance.

cheryl foster
16-02-12, 19:46
oh no jay.. you must have felt awful..not going on the holiday.. anxiety can literally take over your life. i went to lithuania last year..its where my hubands family live..i wasnt too bad going..i did throw a bit of panick as i got on the plane and the doors shut..it was on the way back..i just burst into tears as i was boarding the plane..why i felt worse on the way back i dont know.. and to top it off, the pilot landed too hard and the plane kinda bounced..i nearly passed out..then the motorway back from the airport nearly done me in..i hate it...now we have to go again in a few months. im dreading it. i hope you manage to get yourself a holiday. ;)

william wallace
16-02-12, 21:00
Hi Cheryl.
I'm not very keen on flying either, but if you want to go to nice, warm places there's not much in the way of alternatives. What I do these days, is fly Diazepam Airways.
Take 5mg 30 minutes before take-off, and relax:D

deedee6270
17-02-12, 19:57
Hi Cheryl!

I am also a terrible flyer.. no one really gets its esp my BF as I cry my eyes out the whole way even on diazepam or bromazipine!!!!!

cheryl foster
17-02-12, 20:14
hi.:) i was thinking of trying some medication next time i fly..but im worried about how i will feel on it..:wacko: :D im gonna need something.. when that planes goes on the run way, i feel like im gonna pass out. ha!!

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

ha!!!!!!!!!! good one!! how does it make you feel? oh. brave heart is one of thee best films ever! william wallace! :D

william wallace
17-02-12, 21:01
Hi Cheryl, with 5mg of Diaz and a couple of glasses of wine I'd fly the plane myself:D

Molly71
17-02-12, 21:07
Hi Cheryl
I am also new here :)

Mz
17-02-12, 21:25
Hi Cheryl
I'm new as well only joined last week , some really helpful info on here anxiety is such an awfull thing I use to be so strong
With help hopefully we can again

cheryl foster
17-02-12, 21:38
william!! sounds good. ha!!! id def be fine with a few drinks.:D i prob wouldnt care who flew the plane .:roflmao: hi molly!!! thankyou and welcome. :D

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

hi mz!! i know what you mean.. im usually a strong person whos been through alot..but my anxiety makes me weak.:mad: ibut yeah.. hopefully we will be ok again.:bighug1: