PDA

View Full Version : My tonsils feel really swollen is this anxiety because..

little.miss.worry
16-02-12, 19:37
Well my tonsils feel really swollen and I'm scared but the thing is I think. It could be anxiety because I have been feeling like I can't breathe which I know is anxiety so anyways one night 2days ago it felt like my tonsils swelled up so I went to bed the whole next day completely fine and then during the night time it came back again but really really bad I woke up this morning not to bad but then I kept thinking and thinking about it and now it's back bad again and I'm really panicking about it cause I'm scared It will block my airways and I'm going to suffocate so please help!

Bigmorts
17-02-12, 20:19
Hi. U get acid reflux? Might be a cause

Adam

little.miss.worry
19-02-12, 01:57
Nope don't think so...I don't even know what acid reflux is :/

Bigmorts
19-02-12, 18:58
Heartburn. I often get a tightening in nose and throat and now attribute this to my stomach acid. Are you ever bloated or gassy

little.miss.worry
19-02-12, 23:27
ohh right and no im not bloated or gassy or anything like that it probably is anxiety..

Danii
20-02-12, 23:41
This might make you feel a little bit better. When I was 18 I was so sick that my tonsils swelled so much I could hardly breathe if I layed down. This lasted for a week before I did something. I went to the hospital and they sent me home within an hour with antibiotics. They said it wasn't that big a deal, just strep throat, that cleared up quickly with antibiotics.

My throat feels very sore and tight when I just think about it. Also if you eat sugary foods it might make it scratchy or dry. Even like you said, just anxiety can make your throat feel swollen in an instant. I'm glad you realize its anxiety though :)

PinkRoxy
22-02-12, 19:53
I get sore tonsils and a sore throat quite often. I think it just could be something like tonsilitis. I usually get rid of it by drinking lots of water and taking vitamin C.

I dont usually go to the doctor for it unless I suspect an infection which is hardly ever lol.

Anyway if you are really worried about it then maybe talk to your gp I know it would be a pain if its not sore when you see them but just write down and describe whats been happening and they may give you an idea.

tbh Im not bothered by my sore throat most of the time as it usually does go away and I dont think there is much to worry about.

Hope you get it sorted anyway.