PDA

View Full Version : Period worry

heths
20-06-06, 12:56
Can anxiety make periods late?

Mine have mostly been coming on the 30 something day, and this recent one hasn't come on at all yet and it's day 37. I have been getting all the symptoms for about a week and a bit and still nothing.

Also is it normal to get period pain on and off a few days before you start?

Heather x

Daisybun
20-06-06, 13:13
Yes heather they can make them late, early, they can make PMt worse. I have pains before some times but not every time. I think it's all to do with nervous system and hormones being affected. Try not to worry, easier said than done I know but it can be the anxiety.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

whatisitnow
20-06-06, 13:14
Are you definately not preggers?
But yes, it is possible stress can cause your period to be late or for you to even miss a period altogether.

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

Wannabeloved85
20-06-06, 14:31
anxiety and stress cause my periods to go crazy! miss, late,ealry, bad ones, not so bad ones! lol

PurpleRain
20-06-06, 14:44
Yeah stress/worry/anxiety can all affect our cycles.
I reckon it must be connected to our hormones as anxiety can be aswell.
I also have pains a few days before my period or sometimes mid cycle,i think this is ovulation and nothing to worry about!
Take care xx

jill
20-06-06, 14:46
Hi Heather :D

I would agree with everyone else. Pa's, anxiety stress, can make your periods go all over the place.

A couple of months ago I was under alot of stress, oohhh still am LOL and I missed a period alltogeather, still got all the symptoms as if I was going to have a period. oh I did think (preggers) but I was not, just the stress of the problem I was going through.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Rennie1989
20-06-06, 18:07
Panic attacks, stress and anxiety causes me to have irregular periods. Mine are around 2 or 1 week early, ti is annoying because I never really know when my period will start.

Scooties Back

marie ross
20-06-06, 22:24
Hi Heather,

I have to agree with everyone else, my periods are all over the place and i really envy women that can still calculate when their periods are due!!! I also find i get period pains about a week before i'm due, and my pains are much worse now that i have constant anxiety and i suffer from a lot of dizziness as well.

Oh and the ususal bellowing/screaming at kids/boyfriend and slamming doors and stomping of in a sulk!!! (even though theres nothing wrong with me AT ALL!!!!)

Take care.

Marie XXX

heths
21-06-06, 14:37
Thank you everyone for your replies. It came yesterday afternoon, coincidentely not long after I'd posted on here worrying about it lol.

It's reassuring to know it's the anxiety, I was starting to think there was something else wrong with me.

Heather x