PDA

View Full Version : sharp chest pains :(

sherylee xx
16-02-12, 21:36
hey guys well today i keep gettin sharp chest pains (shootin pains) and sometimes when i breath in i get the sharp pain its also in my back behind my chest :( gettin afew arm pains aswell, i had an ecg about a month ago that was clear but im worried xx

macc noodle
16-02-12, 21:58
It sounds like anxiety to me hun - know the feelings well - I can conjure up chest pain and arm pain from nowhere if I am feeling anx.

You could be overbreathing and causing all the little muscles to overwork and this in turn causes constriction which is painful.

Why not take a couple of paracetomol and a warm drink and distract yourself with a book or a film and see how you feel?

:hugs:

Rach29
16-02-12, 22:02
i get that when i over breath and try to take a deep breath its just anxiety try not to worry it always passes x

teez
16-02-12, 22:27
i get it when i im tense and have held my chest muscles too tight ,,im aware im doing it but find it impossible to stop,,also after days of shallow breathing

sherylee xx
16-02-12, 23:02
thankyou so much for replyin and reasurin me :) much appreciated :) im goin to just try relax and watch tv and see how i feel thanks again my lovlies :) xx

lindajane1971
17-02-12, 21:52
hi sherylee,
for the last 3 hours ive been having sharp pains in my right breast, they are sometimes random but also feel them when i "tense" it and when im breathing and also moving my right arm. I am terrified because i suffer from anxiety attacks but im trying to replace the bad thoughts with good ones, im sure its muscular pain, i just need to convince my brain its nothing else and its not an easy task!!!
good idea to relax, gonna try that too
xx

ellie_C_mason1990
17-02-12, 21:55
Definitely anxiety! I had the chest pains you described during an exam period, thought it was a heart attack and that is what started my health anxiety!
If your ECG was fine then there is nothing wrong with your heart. Good luck relaxing.

sherylee xx
17-02-12, 22:13
lindajane1971 i know how you feel hu i was the same last night and as sson as i took my mind of it (bit f online shoppin lol) it eased off and went its s hard to believe its anxiety and i just cant help but thin k its my heart :( xx

ellie c thanks hun :) xx

xtremx
18-02-12, 14:39
Hiya i get sharp stabbing pains all over my chest/back.

Very much muscular as heart pain from what i understand does not present with stabbing pains.(someone may correct me on that "but that is what i have been told and have read over the years of googling).

xtremx
18-02-12, 14:59
I am terrified because i suffer from anxiety attacks but im trying to replace the bad thoughts with good ones, im sure its muscular pain, i just need to convince my brain its nothing else and its not an easy task!!!
http://www.egala.info/g.php

Hello kearar, I understand what you are saying I am still going though the same thing but about the only thing you can keep telling youself is that you have had the pains before and everytime nothing bad has happened and this time nothing bad will happen again, Until your mind starts doing it on its own accord.

As I said I am stuck in this with you and others.

And sherylee xx sry for replyin to someone in your post.

sherylee xx
18-02-12, 17:25
thankyou xtremx :) xx

i know how you feel keara :( xx

sherylee xx
19-02-12, 16:13
and thats ok i dont mind :) xx