PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

jo_jo
16-02-12, 22:43
Hey,i have suffered form panic attacks for nearly four years!I constantly think something bad is going to happen,i always worry about eating new foods incase I take a allergic reaction!My main fear is my throat closing and not being able to breath!I hide my anxiety pretty well,I have a full time job and go to college part-time!Im happy and outgoing but there is always a niggling in the back of my mind that something bads going to happen!I over plan everything and have recently been diagnosis ed with OCD. Im currently on citalopram 20mg,I dont think ill ever come off it!

My family friends and boyfriend are a great help and cant believe that I suffer from anxiety as I hide it so well as I just want to get on with my life!I have at least five panic attacks weekly but i deal with them by counting in elephants (1elephants,2elephants etc) this is something I learnt from my Councillor!

Just wondering if anyone else feels like they are constantly hiding their panic in hope it will go away?

If I can get through panic attacks,so can anyone!!
Many Thanks
Jo x

SomeOddworld
17-02-12, 02:37
I do that, but it just builds up and up and gets worse. I'd reccomend going to docs and/or getting CBT.

Sian85
17-02-12, 14:42
Hi Jo Jo

I can certainly relate to what you have wrote. I feel exactly the same as you, I think that if I start to feel normal/happy again that something bad will happen.

I don't think my anxiety ever goes away, like you say it is always at the back of your mind stopping you from fully enjoying yourself. I truly hate how it has affected my life as in sure we all do.
I am waiting for CBT at the moment do hoping this helps, maybe it would help you too??

Xx

pearl79
17-02-12, 14:45
im due for a councilling assesment begining of the month cuz the docs think i need more than cbt . my anxiety is so severe and i envy any one who can hide their panic attacks cuz if i have one everyone knows about it xx