PDA

View Full Version : Just a little vent

speckles69uk
17-02-12, 01:40
Hi everyone,

Sorry, I just need a little rant. I'm so angry that it's taken so long to actually be diagnosed with a panic disorder and anxiety. For the last 10 years I've always thought I was ill, going to die, going crazy etc etc. After numerous doctors visits and a couple of hospital visits I finally have an explanation. It's a huge relief to know that I'm not going crazy and the physical feelings I have are real, but what's going on in my head needs dealing with. I'm just angry at how much time and money has gone into my mis diagnosis', fobbing off and no reassurance. I know that medical science and mental health awareness has advanced in the years, but surely if they'd have investigated a little further I would have known and been able to start my treatment much sooner.

Apologies for the rambling on, I just needed to vent a little.

x

Mindful
18-02-12, 16:13
In my experience the medical world lags miles behind when it comes to panic-anxiety, i find most people already know somehow before going to the docs that they have some sort of nervous illness and the doctors are very quick to put you on meds. Now meds have and do work for lots of people but i would like to see a lot more emphasis on explaining what happens when someone panics or enters that horrible fear of the fear of the feelings that come with fear cycle.

Mind you, years ago they would have taken us in a labotamised us all or left us drugged up in some horrible nutters ward or plugged us in for some electric shock treatment ..so in that respect i suppose we have moved on some.