PDA

View Full Version : buzzing in my ears,help?

petepie
17-02-12, 14:48
i was on duloxetinre,after i finished taking the last dosage to switch meds i got this buzzing in my ear,very very intense,anyway afters months of switching ssri,i had to go back to duloxetine but the buzzing has continued,im freaked out,last night i woke up at 5 am and the buzzing was so intense i could not get back to sleep for another hour,im on the max 120 mg,but the buzzing is still there,my psychiatrist doesnt know what to make of it,could i have set of something in my brain and now im stuck with it FOREVER?:weep:

Ingenious
17-02-12, 17:39
How long have you had this buzzing? Odd side effects like that do happen when changing dose or switching medications and although they can be quite frightening, do pass in time (some slower than others, when I changed medication I had some odd side effects for about 7 days). If it persists for any length of time then maybe pop back and see your GP. I don't think however you have done anything to your brain, nor are you stuck with this forever. I'm sure it will sort itself out as your body settles on the medication.