PDA

View Full Version : suffering with bad thoughts once again!

Two heads
20-06-06, 15:50
Well i thought it had all gone away, but this week i have had panick once again in mother care and my breathing is terrible again.I keep thinking the breathlesssness is more than anxiety then it sends me off into panick mode.I have felt great since taking citalopram,been taking since march but am on a low dose 15mg.Im bruiseing badly still as well and i just caut help but worry.I never bruised like this befor taking the drug.I just want to no has anybody else felt good on drugs and then had a blip?I dont think maybe i have found my balance with the citalopram.Replys would be greatxxxxxx

hayles
20-06-06, 16:08
Hi bong.

Long time no hear........Sorry to hear you are struggling again too. Thanks for your comments on my thread.

I have weeks were i am fine and dandy, life couldnt be greater, then wham, it hits me again and i fee like rat sh*t.
and then i cant rememer what it was like to feel normal. Then it eventually goes, and i feel ok again until the next time....and so it goes on!

Like you i just want a time in my life when it never comes back...is there a point when this will happen or will this be with us forever?

I am not on citalopram, by when i first took my tablets the dizzyness it caused was just horrible, but either it has subsided or i have just got used to it. Some days i still feel a bit woo a bit way....lol!

I bruise easily all the time, and always have done, since i can remember, and my Mum does too, yet it doesnt stop me questioning every little mark on my body.....Oh the joy this HA brings!

Hope you feel better soon....remember it is just a blip xxx

Hay x

Two heads
20-06-06, 16:25
Thanks hays what a surporting reply,just what we need when we are feeling cr..p once again!
Like you say it would be lovely for it to go and not come back.It the bad thoughts that i caut handle.Im thinking about asking my doc for cbt.I will try anything.I just seem to0 think i have everything going when i have a blip.
And you will be fine for your big day just enjoy it hunxxxxx

Daisybun
20-06-06, 19:04
Hi Bong, sorry that you are having blip, that's all it is, a blip. I'm having one too. Good week last then wham panic and anxiety again, and where did that come from? I think they hit us harder when we've had good days for a while, but it's only a blip and they will get less and less. Hope you feel better soon hun

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Two heads
20-06-06, 19:09
Thanks daisybun it just really gets you down doesnt it hun.Im sorry your not doing to well this week hun.I agree with you about it getting harder after weve had so many good days,it really seems to hit you more so.Its trying to convince myself im ok thats so hard!!xxx

pinkpenny1uk
20-06-06, 20:39
i have only been suffering with anxiety and panick attacks for the last 6 months. i was really bad when i first started with them i honestly thought there was something really wrong until i got my diagnoses.

lately i have not been too bad. i'm on citroplam 20mg and i think these have helped.
i have also been keeping a daily diary to write down my good and bad days just to see if there is any identifiable cause.
at the moment i haven't really found a common trigger but i have noticed i have a really bad attack and spell every 2 to 3 weeks whilst in between i just tend to have general anxiety.

i have noticed i bruise more easily since being on citro but i do believe it is one of the side effects.

all the best
pink

Two heads
20-06-06, 20:58
hi pink!
Thankyou so much for your reply.Im glad im not the only one tonotice the bruiseing with citalopram.I was really worrying about that one as it has got worse over the last week.
I have also been suffering for around six months.At present time im on 15mg of citalopram and think i need to up it to 20mg,i known it would be easyier than having to cut it everyday.
I like your idea of the dairy thing,think im going to try that one.
I was reading a thread earylier about organic food also which i think im going to try.
Take carexxxx

marie ross
20-06-06, 22:45
Hi Bong,

Hope that you're feeling better soon, it's a pain in the **** is'nt it!!! You think you've finally cracked it then BANG it's back again, but don't let one blip get you down. You've felt good before and you can do it again, and the periods of feeling good will get longer and longer.

I had another panic attack last weekend and we ended up leaving our holiday early, i was upset at the time, but thinking back i achieved so much that weekend, and i tell myself i just did to much (to much sun, to much wine!!!! and not enough sleep)

Hang in there girl, you'll get there, but to get there you'll have the odd blip on the way!!! (does that make sense!!)

Take care.

Marie XXX

polly daydream
21-06-06, 16:23
Hi Bong, I am going through a terrible time at the moment, so you are not alone. You are right about the bad thoughts, I think that is the worst thing about it all. It's like when a record gets stuck, it just goes on and on. I to am on citilopram, I have been taking it for 5 days now, I really hope that I start feeling better soon.

Best wishes,
Polly

Two heads
21-06-06, 17:25
Thankyou so much marie!It is just like you say,you think your getting there and then bang it hits you in the face once again.I do hope the periods of no panick will get longer i really do hun!
You sound as if you did really well for most of your hols,you should feel really proud of yourself.Well done marie!!!

Two heads
21-06-06, 17:30
Hi polly hun!
You will start to feel better.And it is just like you say hun a record thats got stuck with the thoughts.
Stick with the drugs as side affects should subside.Thanks for your reply its always good to no im not alone with the bad thoughts thing!xxx

Two heads
21-06-06, 21:27
Lovely to hear from you and welcome hun!
Yes it is very tuff isnt it.
Im sure the meds will work for you so even if you do get side affects just stick with them.
I always feel the way you do about dieing and thats what can set the panick off.As well as being breathless most of the time.xxxx