PDA

View Full Version : Normal anxiety reaction?

jazzy14
17-02-12, 17:30
Lately I've been having obsessive thoughts about harming myself or others. I've been working on giving those thoughts no importance and it seems to be helping so far. However, I still have thoughts of "what if I DID harm myself and die, how would my family and friends be affected?" and I ALWAYS get this huge lump in my throat and want to cry. I'm a little bit scared because I do not get actual anxiety with these thoughts, if I do it's very seldom. I always just want to cry, which can be rather embarrassing if I'm in public. :weep: Opinions/advice?

ZD
17-02-12, 18:02
Bless you , they are just part of being anxious hunny , I m sure you would not harm yourself or others , I used to dream of being at my own funeral and saw everyone crying , I used to have that all the time in the endmindecided I was just feeling sorry for myself and why should we feel sorry for ourselves there's nothing wrong with us really , why shouldn't we have the best in life ? Do we not deserve it ? Of course we do what is it you want out of life ??? I ll tell you I wanted to go in a shop and smash all the china , like a bull in a china shop lol . I know where your coming from . Go do some thing you enjoy or want don't let anything stop you . But I'm sure it's not harming yourself I always tell myself "what we think about we bring about "
Look after your self
Hugs xxxx
Zoe

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Positive thoughts hunny
Xxxx
Zoe xx

jazzy14
18-02-12, 02:29
Thank you very much :) Today was actually a really good day. I went out with my family and had a great time. It's toughest when I'm not doing anything, then my mind likes to wander and it can get annoying.