PDA

View Full Version : Back again :(

ectopicsufferer
17-02-12, 20:15
Hi Guys its been a while since ive needed to come on here and come into the forum but yet again like most of us i find myself coming back needing the comfort of knowing you're not alone .... yes the palps are back big time and this time they have bought a friend along with them ... i keep getting this bubbling sensation in my chest and my heart feels like its fluttering at the same time ..... ive also just been diagnosed with sleep apnea ... i dont know if there is a link between sleep apnea and heart palps or not, but the upside is i will hopefully start to feel less tired now and perhaps my body will get a rest more ... anyways ... hi all i hope you are coping well with whatever is going on with you and if not im always around for a chat or to help if i can!

Love always

Amanda

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

can anyone answer please, am half sitting on the fone here with this bubble sensation wondering if its the start of a heart attack... i would normally say deep down i know it isnt but i havent really had this much and its scary :(

Sazziesaz
17-02-12, 21:47
Hi Amanda,

Sounds like the dreaded anxiety is back to me!! I am having a throat/glands anxiety at the moment but like you I have been throught the heart attack/bubbling sensation. If you were having a heart attack you wouldn't have time to type or worry about it!

Really think you are just tired and anxious! Hope you feel better soon x

Acidomoduso
17-02-12, 22:57
Sleep apnoea does have side effects, including...

frequent headaches
dry mouth
sore throat in the morning
heart palpitations
urinating throughout the night
falling asleep while working or driving
chronic fatigue
memory problems

So, i'd say it's a safe bet that your palpitations are a byproduct of your apnoea. I also suffer from pretty much all of these things and if you hear me sleeping at night you'd know why - it sounds like i'm being strangled, stuffed with wood shavings in my mouth and travelling through a sawmill! My wife very kindly videoed me "snoring" and it sounded horrendous. Even though i knew it was me, i though i was going to die... Choking, stopping breathing, gasping and sounding like a cross between a diesel engine and a buzz saw!

ectopicsufferer
22-02-12, 17:03
thanks for the replies .... you should attend a sleep clinic if you are suffering like that when sleeping ... or do the epworth test online then go to the doctors .... the ectopic beats have lessened since i started the cpap treatment so all is cool for now lol :)

Amanda xxx