PDA

View Full Version : hi

jojo69
17-02-12, 23:10
hi guys, ive had health anxiety since my grandad died 36 year ago and its actually getting worse as im getting older ive got a very big fear of dying and every night its a chore just to wipe my mind clear just so i can go to sleep. i take every illness to the extreme if i have a sore throat i have throat cancer, a headache a brain tumour, and i hate myself for being like this i feel like i cant enjoy life coz im constantly worrying. i have lost a few family members to cancer including my father whom died 6 month ago and it has left me terrified that this runs in the family and is gonna get me next.
i take citalapram and amitripiline for this disorder and used to see a councillor which didnt help x
thanks jo xx

nomorepanic
17-02-12, 23:12
Hi jojo69

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

cheryl foster
17-02-12, 23:51
hi jojo69, first of all..a big welcome.:hugs:i feel the same as you..fear of something happening to me. ive only just joined myself.. im happy to have found this forum, im sure you will be too. :winks:

Stormsky
18-02-12, 00:23
hi Jo
Im sorry to hear of your loss.... coping would be traumatic for someone without anx, so im sure its been a very difficult time.
Im not expert and dont suffer HA, but cancer that runs in male members of a family, and as i dont know what form of cancer, but may mean it doesnt affect females necessarily...
I was amitripyline for 9yrs, i dont take it no more though...
are your meds not working very well? have you been back to gp of late?
You will find lots of support for HA on here though....xxx