PDA

View Full Version : New Scary Symptom!

Dragi316
17-02-12, 23:19
I woke up and my right thumb and index finger are very weak. I can hardly press a button on my remote or keyboard. I've also been expierncing burning sensations in my hands. Could this be a symptom of CJD? I'm really worried now

sherylee xx
17-02-12, 23:26
hey iv had the same my fingers literally went weak and locked i couldnt move them it was awful i couldnt hold a cup my gp said its when your muscles lock due to anxiety its just a reaction to it iv had it in my arm and leg not so bad though and it lasted all day xx

xtremx
18-02-12, 14:34
Sounds like a trapped nerve to me i get that often, also my thumb with also start to go into spasm/twitching only on my left hand.

Just reast it up for awhile i also use a wrist/hand strapping seems to help.

Dragi316
18-02-12, 17:52
Thanks . I'm such a mess here with the Insomnia,Twitching and now weakness in fingers I'm really freaking out. Plus I have a EEG on Tuesday and I'm very worried about what the results will be.

xtremx
18-02-12, 18:07
Hi Dragi316. Every symptom your are suffering from Insomnia,twitching can be explained with anxiety the weakness you are getting at the moment can also be down to anxiety of your up and coming eeg.
The one thing you should remember about weakness in muscles in your case fingers is that what we would call weakness and clinical weakness are two different things.

Try to stay relaxed you are having the best thing done (eeg) as that will hopefully put an end to your concerns.