PDA

View Full Version : So I think we have a newcomer!

Gaspa79
18-02-12, 03:01
Hello everyone!

I recently arrived here by chance. I believe now that this can be my problem. My story is similar to some stories here. It all started with one symptom (in my case, tingling of the feet and hands around 6/7 weeks ago). After that, it was nausea, and BAM! Suddenly Dr.google (as you call it here) told me I had a brain tumor. Insomnia also appeared, I slept 6 hours one day, 4 hours the next day, and when I came home from work on that day I couldn't take a nap! I started googling and figured out that maybe this wasn't something really bad, maybe it's just that I have celiac disease. When I thought that I felt that I could breathe a little better. That was my first clue: my mind could have something to do with all this. So anyway life went on, and on the next 2 weeks my nausea stopped but an ear pain and strong leg fatigue started. And this is where I am now.

Today, I suddenly figured "maybe is my own brain playing tricks, last week I thought it was a brain tumor due to nausea and pins and needles, and today I think its because eye pain, ear pain and fatigue. So, I went to the bathroom and looked at the mirror and for some reason (I was in a very down mood without courage the past few days) I gained a little bit of courage and found this site.

After reading some stories I thought that maybe this is it. Maybe I have anxiety even though I was always considered a very calm, intelligent and logical kind of guy. So well, I tried and for 3 minutes I danced by myself feeling really stupid to a musical piece I've just found (fireflight - core of my addiction) and for the first time in a month I felt happy, I was literally crying tears of joy! I also felt a little better, with a little more strength. So maybe this is it! Maybe this ear pain and a little eye pain and headache mean nothing! Maybe I just need to calm myself. While I'm writing this my headache and ear pains bothers me a little bit, I can also feel a burning-like sensation in my head. But again, maybe it's nothing! Maybe I'm just a newcomer on HA =-)

Reading through this forum was inspiring, maybe I have this and I can certainly fight it!! I'm no one to recommend anything but dancing to music by myself really wiped some stress away. Maybe you should try it!

purplehippo
18-02-12, 07:33
Hi there
welcome!
im glad your are managing to help yourself,its great that you have found a relaxation teqnique that works for you in music and dancing,i guess you are burning off the built up adrenaline doing that so good idea:)
hope you manage to keep up the positive attitude and reassure yourself x
goodluck :)

Gaspa79
18-02-12, 15:09
Thanks for the answer!

But.. burning adrenaline? You mean that when you get anxious your body starts producing adrenaline? Maybe that's why my hands and jaw shake a little bit when I'm not feeling well? :ohmy:

That would explain another symptom. It makes me kinda sad that I'm doing this to myself, I certainly want to stop and will do! :)

pinkdove
18-02-12, 16:03
:welcome: gaspa to nmp, hope you get lots of support and enjoy your time here :)