PDA

View Full Version : sooo scared, someone please help :(

amy3
18-02-12, 03:02
Hi, i suffer with bad health anxiety and a few days ago I started with a sore throat, then progressed on to a cold/flu, with all they typical symptoms... fever, shivers, feeling nauseaous and achey. Now I feel okay in that respect, still feeling congested and stuffu but now I've just started with this horrible mucus cough, but its very tickly and can make me breathless too (which is the most worrying part) I cant sleep right now because i think im going to die in my sleep of respatory failure or something. My ears are really full too. I'm really scared can someone help? I'm only 21 x

---------- Post added at 03:02 ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 ----------

Ive also got palps and my heary races when i get breathless....:(

eva82
18-02-12, 03:32
You're not going to die hun...I know right now you feel extra anxious because of the breathing sensations that come along with the cold/flu. My anxiety was really bad when I got sick with the flu a month ago, and I also was scared of dying in my sleep! It's crazy what our minds think up when we are run down with a virus...all will be okay in a few days. You will be able to breathe better and hopefully this will bring your anxiety down. I had all the symptoms you are experiencing right now and please be assured that you will get over this soon! xx

Kedcat
19-02-12, 10:04
Hey Amy3 It's going to be okay. Just try to relax do some breathing exercises or drink some water it that doesn't help try to do something to get your mind off of it. If that doesn't help try talking to someone in person about like your mom or anybody. I know you talked on here and that probably helped a lot but talking to someone who's face to face can help to. I hope you feel better soon Amy3.:)

K1rsty
19-02-12, 10:24
Hi Amy, Sorry you have been unwell - it will get better. I had a virus a couple of weeks ago and it has left me with blocked sinuses and bad tickly cough which is really annoying! Make sure you drink plenty of water to keep hydrated, also you could speak to your local chemist and he would give good advice and could recommend a cough mixture. Steam inhalation would help with blocked sinuses and If you still feel worried you could speak to NHS direct. Hope you feel better soon xx

lesleya
19-02-12, 11:04
I know its easy to say but try not to worry as much hun, ive had exact same for the last week sore ears, mucusy tickly annoying cough, headaches, snotty nose/bunged up, sore chest aching limbs...the usual symptoms but im starting to come out the other side too now...and you wil too.
See your gp hun if your overly worried and im sure he will reassure you.
There are so many people with cold/flu viruses right now so its unfortunate most of us will pick it up but it wont last for long.
Be kind to yourself, rest, eat and drink plenty warm drinks and im sure in a few days youll be so much better.
Take care
xxxx