PDA

View Full Version : Still feeling sick

PinkRoxy
18-02-12, 06:42
Hi I wrote a thread on this a week or so back but noone bothered to respond.

I still notice everytime I eat I start to feel sick more so of a yucky tummy. I also have just started noticing that I get all burpy and a real tight pain in my chest area and find it hard to breath as the gas gets out of control it hurts so much that it makes me want to cry.

Today I have tried no eating and I havent felt really sick or get that tight indigestion thing.

I am now scared of eating again because of getting those symptoms, I know sometime Im going to have to eat.

I was thinking of only trying those light sachet cup of soup things as it shouldnt cause those symptoms.

This is doing my head in and I dont know what to do about it I am happy with not eating at all well very little anyway like one light snack a day, but even that triggers it off.

Has anyone been in this situation? what did you do for it? I really dont know what to do and in desperate advice.

Life is so not worth living when I feel like this :(

eva82
18-02-12, 07:00
Hi! Well I know when I'm anxious my acid reflux acts up pretty bad and gives me all those symptoms you mentioned. I now take a daily med for it and it isn't as bad. It especially helps the burpy/sick feeling after eating. Have you talked to a doctor about your issues? Sounds like reflex to me, but you may want to see your doc to make sure or get some meds to help you. Take care!

PinkRoxy
18-02-12, 07:05
Thanks luv2teach

I saw my doctor about a couple days ago. She gave me a urine test and felt my tummy. She reckons its a bad case of IBS and said she wasnt going to give me medication at the moment and to try and keep a food diary and see what foods irritate me.

I dont think it is anxiety as sometimes it is but alot of times when I am feeling calm it comes too. Its better when I dont eat anything. When I was first diagnosed with IBS about 5 years ago I was getting this yucky tummy thing and I was only eating like one water cracker a day and that was it for a week and became underweight until I did something about it.

It became better but now this has lasted for a few weeks now and its doing my head in.

macc noodle
18-02-12, 07:10
Problem is hun, the less you eat, the hungrier you become and the more churned up your stomach gets and the more acid is created................... it really is a vicious circle.

You do need to try and keep the diary and see what happens - problem is though whilst you are so churned up about this, it will react all the time.

Why not start the day with a probiotic yogourt drink to balance the gut flora in stomach? Worth a try.

You need to eat regularly too - this is not good existing on a tiny snack and is bound to irritate the problem.

IBS flare ups can last ages and make you feel really under the weather so it is important to find your triggers and to have a strategy for coping with a flare up.

Take care

Macc Noodle
xx

PinkRoxy
19-02-12, 00:23
thanks mac noodle :)

I will try and get it sorted anyway. IBS is not very nice and I do know how nastly the flare ups can be. HA is usually alot less knowing I have IBS.

teez
19-02-12, 00:43
soup is brilliant for an upset tummy ,,when i was in my mid thirtys i spent six weeks too scared to eat,,as you say i felt sick each time and had a pain so gave up all but odd sips of weak soup and the odd mouthful,,made things much worse and my nerves just couldnt cope,,try the satchet soup but make sure you eat little bits of other stuff inbetween suffering from stress our bodies need the vitamins,,drink plenty of water or anything really to keep hydrated,,if you like cooking home made soups are far better for you and can be blitzed so theres no lumps,,add loads of fresh veggies,,then when your bodys used to this have some toast,,maybe yogurts anything not too acidy,,just add different foods back into your diet,,please just dont go without food though the body just cant cope ,,take care

PinkRoxy
19-02-12, 02:21
yeah soup is awesome aye. Nice and light and gentle on the tummy.
I find heavy foods a drag when I am feeling like I am. Thanks :)