PDA

View Full Version : So scared today. . . Help

Scared_11
18-02-12, 12:23
I am having a realy bad time today.

Basically I have freaked myself out and convincing myself to kill myself. My OCD has always been about self harm and has always terrified me. I feel like I am talking myself into doing it. I feel sick. I have told my boyfriend all about it and he is very concerned and won't leave my side.

I don't know what to do I feel helpless at the moment.

theharvestmouse
18-02-12, 12:27
Maybe you should seek help, if its worrying you so much then you should try to contact your doctor.

Scared_11
18-02-12, 12:32
I just don't know what they can do? My go is not very good with this stuff.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Do I just look at this as a bad day?

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

I just want a guarantee that I will never do it.

LAURA48
18-02-12, 13:15
Hi - sorry you are having such bad day - you could always go to A & E and tell them how you feel - apparently they have a very good Mental Health Crisis Team available - so you get help quicker - just a thought - bless you x

flossie
18-02-12, 13:26
Hi. I'm so sorry that you are having such a bad day.
Do you think it would help if you spoke to somebody on the phone?
You could give The Samaritans a call UK 08457 90 90 90
or NI 1850 60 90 90

They are there waiting for us to phone them when we are going through bad times. They won't know who you are on the end of the line and anything you tell them will be confidential. It very often helps just to say out loud all the thoughts going on in your head.
Don't be frightened to ask for help if it is becoming too much for you.
Take care.
x.

K1rsty
18-02-12, 13:28
Hi - so sorry you are having a bad time - I agree with Laura48. A and E would be able to help, if not call NHS Direct and talk to them. xxxx

Scared_11
18-02-12, 14:27
I just don't want them to keep me in hospital because I think that will terrify me. I have had a little nap and feel abit better.

I have always been so scared of dying so I am abit confused as it if I am actually suicidal or just scared that I will become it. It's all very confusing.

Thank you for the support tho. I have thought about a and e before but it scares me

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

I have called the Samaritans and don't realy feel much better. The poor guy seemed so confused. They are obviously just there to listen and couldn't offer me any reassurance which is what I was looking for.

theharvestmouse
18-02-12, 16:32
It is so confusing, I'm a bit like you, but maybe worse because I feel so completely alone and as each day goes by I feel like I am running out of time.

LAURA48
18-02-12, 16:39
Hi Scared - they cannot force you to stay in hosp - they would have to do an assesment - to get you on the right course of treatment but you do not have to be admitted. Remember that - think we all have that fear - well I do anyway! Laura x

Scared_11
18-02-12, 16:42
I am sorry u are feeling the same harvestmouse.

I hope u feel better.

theharvestmouse
19-02-12, 18:27
ANy better today Scared11?

I felt a bit better this morning, been ok I suppose compared to yesterday.

GT
19-02-12, 18:46
Please read my thread as these are intrusive thoughts and nothing to worry about. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=110202