PDA

View Full Version : Better or Worse?

Harribo
18-02-12, 12:40
I love this website and was so pleased when I found it, but does it make your anxiety better or worse? I use to post on here everyday and try to give my best advice and also when I was in doubt and needed some advice I appreciated every single comment that people made? I have recently stopped posting as I was feeling worse reading other peoples problems than better. I have met some great people on here and speak to a couple of people on bbm who have given me amazing advice. I actually try an avoid coming onto here often now. As my anxiety gets worse when I start to read through other peoples post. I am glad I found this site. This is not a flame by no means as people have really helped me on here. So my question is.

Has this website helped your anxiety Yes/No?

Anyways thanks for reading and I hope to get some replys from this. I thank everyone who has given me advice and tried to calm me down ha :)

I'm on a waiting list for cbt soon so hopefully that will be my cure for this horrible anxiety. Thank you.

-Harry x

Sazziesaz
18-02-12, 13:03
This website defiantely helps me!! My HA has highs and lows but when I am really bad, this website helps me NOT to google and it is give me a reality check to realise that most of my problems are shared by LOTS of people and most point purely to anxiety! It is a fantastic website and I am SO glad I found it!

Sarah x

Acidomoduso
18-02-12, 13:23
I find it helps more when i'm helping others and not concentrating on my own issues but i am exactly the same as you... it sometimes helps me but other times it exacerbates my problems!

pearl79
18-02-12, 13:46
yes because i dont feel alone with my symptoms and i know everyone understands, but unfortuanately it makes me think of illnesses and my own syptoms all the time and thats what i should be avoiding to help my HA xx

miss sparkle
18-02-12, 14:00
yes it some ways it helps me a great deal, as i know Im not alone in how i am feeling, but there is a small part of me that thinks that because we are all so supportive of each other, it 'fans my flame' bit and justifies it, and not sure if i would be better trying to get on and get a grip! lol.
but overall, really glad of support, so my answer would be YES x

swgrl09
18-02-12, 15:48
It helps me for the most part, but I do have to watch myself and what which threads I read so that I do not read something that scares me that somebody else posts.

ems73
18-02-12, 15:59
I generally find it helpful, especially when someone else posts about something you're struggling with yourself. You feel like you're not alone. however, i do feel I'm starting to rely on it a bit. Today started feeling anxious again this afternoon, then literally compelled to come on the site, couldn't wait and really felt I needed it. I think it calms me a bit tho