PDA

View Full Version : Convinced myself I have non hodkins lymphoma

Cat80
18-02-12, 13:22
I have been tired for months but more so lately. I have night sweats but also get really hot in the day. On freezing days when everyone is out in jumpers, scarves, thick coats etc I am there in a long sleeve tee and a coat and get hot. I have had glands up permantly for years but today I have woken up and my glands are up all over my neck and very painful to touch (not really hurting to swallow), also it's really hurting to breathe in around my ribs round my back.

I have itchy skin a lot and just want to sleep all the time. I googled swollen glands and hurting to breathe and loads of websites came up for non hodgkins lymphoma and I saw the other symptoms and I have a lot of them like night sweats, itchy skin, fatigue.

Why did I google and scare myself?

pearl79
18-02-12, 13:44
googling is so the wrong thing to do... worst case scenario all the time... bringing on panic attack... im sure you dont have it, prob just anxiety.. its the same with me. go docs and put your mind at rest xxx

swgrl09
18-02-12, 15:47
When your glands are actually sore, that is almost always a good sign that they are working the way they are supposed to. I'd just go to the doc, as it could be a sign you have an infection somewhere.

Some people are just warmer than others all the time. I'm the opposite, I'm always freezing when everybody else has shorts on. But if your glands have mostly been up for years and years, you would have gotten very very ill by now if it was lymphoma.

Cat80
18-02-12, 16:46
Thanks for the replies.

I know you're both right, just having one of those anxiety blips days and trying to ignore it.

swgrl09
18-02-12, 16:59
no worries, i've been there - i am terrified of lymphoma too. I always am freaking because my lymph nodes DON'T hurt! haha. But not to sound harsh, but both of us would be long gone by now if we had it.

MidnightCalm
18-02-12, 17:51
mine don't hurt either and all ALL pretty much up A LOT and have been for like years :/

justina
18-02-12, 21:33
My friend had a non hodgkins lymphoma, she had really annoying symptoms that were also visible to other people, (she was swollen) not just things she could feel. She had a terrible itch mostly at her chest. It does not sound like what you describe.
(she had treatments and is fine now, the lymphoma is gone!)

pearl79
18-02-12, 22:47
sometimes i wish i hadnt reaad anythin,,, i always itch.. somethin that makes me worry :( now ill worry more

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

does lymphoma show up in blood tests??? am panicking now!!!

swgrl09
20-02-12, 20:50
keep in mind that itching can be a stress reaction too.

justina
21-02-12, 14:32
sometimes i wish i hadnt reaad anythin,,, i always itch.. somethin that makes me worry :( now ill worry more

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

does lymphoma show up in blood tests??? am panicking now!!!

My friend's blood tests did show that something was wrong, it took some time though to get the exact diagnosis, at first they thought she had a benign thyroid condition.