PDA

View Full Version : Am I imaging this pain? Goin insane!!

Chickadee33
18-02-12, 15:22
Hi everyone!
Please can someone please give me their opinion on this.. This time last year out of no where I had a massive attack of Health Anxiety, never had one before so, I thought I had HIV, at the time I truly believed it, lost about a stone in weight over a month and had a week off work whilst waiting for the results. I truly truly believed I had it. Anyway the blood tests come back negative and all the other tests that the doctor did came back to say I was perfectly healthy! I vowed to myself that that was it and I would never go off he rails like that again and for a short while I really appreciated and loved my life and things were great!

Then suddenly (after reading an article about ovarian cancer being a silent killer)i realised that I hadn't had a smear test in a while so I booked into the doctors and on my appointment the nurse told me that because it hadn't been 3 years since my last smear this she couldn't do one. I said fine just thought i'd come in to check and told her about the article. She then informs me that the smear test does not check for ovarian cancer and had I any signs of bloating or pain, I said no, because I hadn't!

Only a few days late the symptoms that she mentions started to manifest, that was 3 months ago an I can feel a pain in my right side constantly. Is it possible to imagine pain or make it happen, I been to numerous doctors and even a&e they all tell me that my pain is ovulation pain but I just cannot believe it. I finally got an appointment for an inter vaginal scan in 4 weeks. Am I going mental? Or am I now a true hypochondriac??? Can someone please give their opinion?

pinkdove
18-02-12, 16:35
hi yes the nurse was right a smear test is for cervical cancer, however some people can get into a state of panic and believe that every pain is something sinister.

I think as you are not satisfied with the dr's and the a&e's explanation, you will maybe feel better after the vaginal scan.

i am the opposite to you, if they told me there was nothing wrong, i would be so happy with that....but i feel for you as you are obviously not convinced. good luck xx

pearl79
18-02-12, 17:28
same boat as you exactly...... I don't know how I can make you feel better cuz no one is able to convince me that I'm ok. I have a constant pain in my right side also... I've worried and panicked about every female cancer. but I've had ct scan.bloods tests.ultrasound but I'm still convinced I have one of the cancers at the moment its cervical... I go into full scale panic every time I think of it.. so I know how you feel and I can fully understand. private message me if you have anything you wanna talk about... xxxx