PDA

View Full Version : Just been diagnosed

nikki39
18-02-12, 18:44
Hi, I have been a member of this site for many years and come on here regularly to browse the forum. I have suffered with healthy anxiety for about 6 years now and put every ache and pain I had down to anxiety and depression. I finally went to see my see my doctor about 3 months ago and explained my symptoms and he referred me to a Rheumatologist. I attended the appointment a few days ago and I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Hypermobility Syndrome. I was wondering if anyone had any information on this as I do not like to google.

pearl79
18-02-12, 18:49
My sister has fibro, shes lives a normal life, she just suffers with tiredness and pain in her muscles on a daily basis, helped my antidepressants and painkillers. i have suspected fibro but cuz of my severe anxiety they are not being very quick to diagnose.. sorry i cant help any more than that... xx:)

justina
18-02-12, 21:23
A colleague of mine has fibromyalgia, she has a normal life with normal hobbies and so on but she takes heavy pain killers to get by... but I guess it can be milder for some people.

teez
19-02-12, 00:32
my physio diagnosed me with hms years ago,,i can have good days and bad ,,good days are mild pain in my knee ,,shoulder and feet ,,bad days all the above and back,im on two types of pain relief which i use as little as poss ,,i do know people with hms suffer with bowel complaints ,,nerves and to many other things to list,,there is a forum for it which is pretty good, but getting it diagnosed by a dr or hospital is pretty hard as its hard to reconise,,

nikki39
19-02-12, 13:18
Hi,

I would like to thank everyone for their replies and support.

Teez, I know what you mean about having good days and bad days. Today is a bad day, feels like I have been run over by a bus. I don't like taking painkillers and they mess my stomach up. Hopefully, with a bit of physio I can at least minimise the pain.