PDA

View Full Version : Making progress, little by little

jazzy14
18-02-12, 20:18
Yesterday and today have been much better days for me :) I have let the thoughts of harming others or even myself just pass right on through, and although I still panic at moments, it's nothing like it was a month ago. Many of the thoughts also seem to not come as frequently. I need to work on not being scared of the word "suicide" or turning the TV off when I hear about murderers, suicidal side effect of medication, etc etc. Does anyone have any advice on that one? I'm getting there!

Stormsky
18-02-12, 20:48
thats the key 'dont be scared'!!! its because your scared of the word, that you cant hear it..... but you know this already......
I think even 'normal' people dont like to hear or read about murder/suicide... it depressing to watch the news anyway, so i wouldnt worry that you dont want to watch or hear about these things.... when you are anxious or depressed the last thing you want to be doing is watching that stuff,,,, much better to watch a comedy!

GT
18-02-12, 20:51
You are doing the right thing. Avoidance is a huge mistake. Remember they are just words and pictures. Just keep going. remember any set back is a chance to practice again.

Don't worry if when you ignore the thoughts they try come on more and stronger, thats just anx trying to remind you of something IT thinks you need to remember.

Good luck and i hope to fully take my own advice one day. but i'm working on it

jazzy14
18-02-12, 21:46
Thanks!! I can definitely tell that I'm headed in the right direction :)