PDA

View Full Version : hi

ash650
18-02-12, 23:56
hi, my names ash im 22 from surrey. 2011 was literally a write off due to anxiety so hoping for a really good 2012. My cbt sessions are coming to an end and im feeling alot better about everything. im going out alot more with friends and goin gym everyday which has been a big help. going to be volunteering in a couple of weeks down at my local ymca to get me used to working again. been a long and hard year but theres light at the end of the tunnel so as ive been through it and almost back to the old me im on here to talk and maybe help people who have gone through similar problems, so if you wanna talk give us a shout x

neroo
19-02-12, 00:00
Hi i'm new here as well but it seems to be a lively forum with many active members
You seem to be on the right path with the whole YMCA thats got to be a good idea

nomorepanic
19-02-12, 00:00
Hi ash650

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Pipkin
19-02-12, 00:18
Hi Ash and:welcome:

Pip

ash650
19-02-12, 00:30
hi yer been goin gym at the ymca for about 3 moths now which has helped get out frustration and helped me relax which is good its also only a 5 minute walk. found out i knew a couple of people who worked there so started talking to them about my problems and because its the ymca they understand and work with people with disabilities and illnesses all the time. anyway long story short im a qualified football coach so im going to be volunteering to coach disabled children football once a week. The ymca are also going to pay for me to get a gym instructers qualification and train me up so i can work with them. so from doing nothing for a about a year all these new opportunities have come along which im very excited about. i would recommend talking to the ymca for anyone whos interested or enjoys sports as their always looking for new volunteers which also means more opportunities to get out of the house for people like me that didnt really go out much during the day x

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:27 ----------

hi pip hows it going? if anyone doesnt want to post on here but would like to chat send me a pm glad to talk and help anyone x