PDA

View Full Version : mitral valve prolapse !!

jessicalittler79
19-02-12, 02:35
hey lets start out saying i have mitral valve prolapse i was told by my doctor last thursday ,after being told it was anx/and panic all these years ...well sense he told me that ive been in a bad panic attack i am a mess and he did give med beta blockers to take but i am very med phobic and scared to take meds,i feel like i am dieing and i was woundering if anyone has this and can help me .....i have alot of unanwsered questions ,do symptoms of this come only when i have fst hr or skips .i feel so many symptom just woundering if its anx or mvp i am scared :(

jessicalittler79
19-02-12, 03:02
it will help if ppl can relate to me on here ....and have had mvp ,maybe we could share stories about it ,,and yes i have seen a doctor about this and have got meds for it ,i just wanted to talk to ppl that may have it ,thanks :/

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

ive read lots of post on here about this ,so why is my post any differnt ?? thsi does cause me a great deal of anxitey ,i am confused ?

mandshere2000
19-02-12, 05:07
Hi jessica I to have a fear of meds but i have taken propanolol before you really do need to try this med if it's going to help your mitral valve what
Symptoms did you have for doctor to dx mitral valve and did you have to have any tests etc
Manda

jessicalittler79
19-02-12, 05:35
fast heart rate and skipps ,then after he tells me i have it i havent stopped panicing ,and he knew just by listening ,he has sent me for a echo and a 24 hour

eva82
19-02-12, 07:23
Hi Hun ... I think this forum is a great place for you to post your fears and anxieties as well as get extra support from others who have this common heart condition. Don't be confused about the first response.. Your post isn't any different then many others who have posted in the past about real health problems that are causing them anxiety. I hope you find the support you need. :hugs:

Wolfie
19-02-12, 09:36
Hey Jess, just wanted to say that even though I can't completely relate, I will support you through this and so will tons of people here xxxx

jessicalittler79
19-02-12, 13:55
thanks wolfie,and thanks luv2teach .just trying to understand mvp more

nomorepanic
19-02-12, 14:34
Sorry - my reply was not meant to be on this thread but a different one. I will remove it.

nomorepanic
19-02-12, 14:55
Jessica - did he diagnose it by just listening to your heart beat?

When is the scan and 24 hour monitor?

jessicalittler79
19-02-12, 15:07
yes he did nicola he had me ley on my left side and he said he heard the clicking sound ,every 4th beat ,he sent me for a echo just to confrim it

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

oh and the scan is feb,29th and my 24 hour hollter is in the 24th

nomorepanic
19-02-12, 15:49
I don't know much about MVP's I am afraid to say but you are in the best hands with them and they know what they are doing so good luck with it all.