PDA

View Full Version : So

Blade
19-02-12, 15:43
Here i am , 50 and struggling for the last 10 /15/ 20 years , just started a course of citalopram a week ago and feel like shit :weep: Had CBT etc but nothing seems to work

Blade

nomorepanic
19-02-12, 15:45
Hi Blade

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

pinkdove
19-02-12, 16:15
:welcome: blade to nmp, try to keep with the citalopram, they do make you feel worse for the first couple of weeks, but things will get better, just give it time xx

Vanilla Sky
19-02-12, 17:02
Hi Blade , Once the initial side effects wear of the citalpram will kick in after a few weeks , that was the miracle pill that stopped my panics completely, im now off them and still feel good, so have hope.
Welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

bignik
19-02-12, 17:26
on a week Cit also and having CBT so can relate , Im trying to hang in there too

welcome to the site

Nik

oneofus
19-02-12, 18:56
In my opinion, in the first week you get what you expect. There is a huge psychological placebic effect in going to the docs and finding someone who knows what to say and do. So what you're feeling now is your mind rather than the drug, though it can cause side effects in the short term; check the leaflet that came with your medication.

One of us

Blade
19-02-12, 21:43
Thanks for the welcome peeps :hugs:

Really wanna get this beat this year so im going all out , my probs more of a social anxiety / depression which is wrecking my life . Ive held off meds in the past but now i,m giving it a go along with exercise , healthy eating and cutting out the booze . The side effects of the citropalm are pretty rough at moment , sick feeling , numb , really really tired , vivid dreams, strange taste and just a feeling of wierdness.

Upwards and onwards eh !

cheryl foster
19-02-12, 22:30
welcome!!!! :hugs: i did cbt aswell...it was useless..

Stormsky
19-02-12, 22:40
Im not a fan of meds, and CBT didnt work for me either...
But i appreciate your reasons for trying meds, so stick with your Cit, hopefully youll feel some benefits soon.. it can take a while for your body to adjust to the meds.

Blade
21-02-12, 14:15
Just a quick update on the side effects of cit , having some really wierd dreams , very sleepy and constantly yawning , funny taste in mouth and off me food slightly nausious but nothing too extreme that i cant handle , oh yeah pee gone iluminous !!!

pinkdove
21-02-12, 14:32
Hi blade i lost over a stone when i first started cit, no appetite, nausea, but it passed in a couple of weeks....slowly got my appetite back, and now have put on 2 stone :weep: but you will get there, and will soon feel the bebefits xx