PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 on Sertraline ... Need some hope please!

pinkunicorn
19-02-12, 18:50
Hi Everyone,

As my post title says I'm on day 3 of Sertraline. I've felt so ill already on it,headache,feeling sick,stomach cramps,dizzy.

I was a bit scared starting new meds and I am wondering if I've done the right thing,giving this one a try.

Does anyone have any positve feedback for me please! I guess I know we are all different,but how long did anyone else feel so rubbish!!! The side effects are pretty miserable at the moment and I have to go to work tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.... Any support would be appreciated at a time where I feel I'm struggling.

Vicky

macc noodle
19-02-12, 19:03
Aww honey sorry I cannot comment - never been prescribed it but I would say that it is early days so you need to hang on and see how the next few days go.

:bighug1:

Cat80
19-02-12, 19:24
I started on 50mg of Setraline last April. I almost gave up as felt awful and still felt rough after a month and I thought it was never going to work. Then suddenly at week 8ish I started to feel so much better, the anxiety and depression improved so much I went on my first ever holiday! 8 hours on a plane to New York, something I could never have done before the meds. Stick in there and always take the tablets with food. Lay off caffiene while they are getting into your system to as they can make you a bit jittery and hard to sleep

pinkunicorn
19-02-12, 20:38
Thanks Macc for your kind words,they mean a lot. xx

Cat,thank you for your response. It sounds like I do just need to be patient and let them get into my system. I think I was just worrying because I feel so horrible at the moment and I was wondering if it was worth sticking with. I will try and hang in there.

Thanks,I really appreciate your time... xxx

ems73
20-02-12, 12:37
Hi, I'm currenly on week three, seems to have helped with depression but still having quite bad anxiety, felt awful all day yesterday, nausea and worry all day. Going to bear with it for a few more weeks