PDA

View Full Version : Why does anxiety give you symptoms...

little.miss.worry
19-02-12, 22:20
I just don't get it why? because...if you have health anxiety like i do and think your going to die all the time its going to make you more anxious! i often wonder this and want to know the answer to it :)

Stormsky
19-02-12, 22:42
Anxiety doesnt know what your triggers are, it doesnt know that you have HA and that it will make it worse.... I dont have HA, i have OCD, intrusive thoughts, etc, and that gives me anxiety symptons... anxiety is just a response to your excessive worry.

thebe
20-02-12, 14:21
when you are worrying and scaring yourself, adrenalin kicks in, this is getting your body in gear to protect its self, we needed this reaction to survive 1000s of years ago, we STILL need it now though actually cos if you were in the middle of the road and a car came careering over at you, your like lightening and jump out of the way, so wen your not experienceing anything threatening and anxiety kicks in due to stress etc...some people have the anxiety rush(adrenalin, if you think about it adrenalin and panic responce is really your bodys friend, its there to save your ass, nowadays we still have this prehistoric responce, due to stress and if and when it comes let it come and wash over you
think of it as your mate because your stresssed and the bodys responce thinks you need protection, howvever unpleasant they feel, these feelings are just your bodys way of defending itsself, hope that makes sense, it does to me anyways
ps ive learnt not to be scared of these feelings too, nothing happens adter they have been anyway, thay just unpleasant, ive got bored of it rearing up on me and i think oh here we go again and it dissapates in about 5 seconds, its what your telling yourself when an adrenalin rush comes, let it come...i do

little.miss.worry
20-02-12, 19:17
thankyou both of you it makes perfect sense now!

miss sparkle
20-02-12, 19:31
when you are worrying and scaring yourself, adrenalin kicks in, this is getting your body in gear to protect its self, we needed this reaction to survive 1000s of years ago, we STILL need it now though actually cos if you were in the middle of the road and a car came careering over at you, your like lightening and jump out of the way, so wen your not experienceing anything threatening and anxiety kicks in due to stress etc...some people have the anxiety rush(adrenalin, if you think about it adrenalin and panic responce is really your bodys friend, its there to save your ass, nowadays we still have this prehistoric responce, due to stress and if and when it comes let it come and wash over you
think of it as your mate because your stresssed and the bodys responce thinks you need protection, howvever unpleasant they feel, these feelings are just your bodys way of defending itsself, hope that makes sense, it does to me anyways
ps ive learnt not to be scared of these feelings too, nothing happens adter they have been anyway, thay just unpleasant, ive got bored of it rearing up on me and i think oh here we go again and it dissapates in about 5 seconds, its what your telling yourself when an adrenalin rush comes, let it come...i do

loving your attitude to it! x