PDA

View Full Version : Hi all first post here

S.a.d
19-02-12, 22:30
Hey guys my first post here do be gentle with me.

A little about me I'm 36 have always been uncomfortable in certain social situations but have a bravado mechinism that allows me to hide it for the most part from the people around me.

Around 6 months ago I went to see the doctor as I had been feeling even more ratty and tired than usual, he prescribed me citalopram 10 mg for social anxiety disorder. I took the pills and within 24 hours felt great with the exception of some mild side effects.

After a month I felt the pills had lost a bit of there punch and went to see the doc again he upped the medal to 20mg once again almost instantly I felt great.

After around three months I started getting quite heavy pressure headaches which were untouchable by painkillers.

I went back to see the doc but he was unavailable so ended up seeing a different doc he seems pretty disinterested and just upped my dose to 40mg which I thought odd. Taking 40's really didn't seem to do me a lot of good my tiredness became unbearable - that week I got a heavy flu and sickness and stopped taking the pills within a week I felt normal and amazing but over the last week all the old signs have come back mainly being unnaturally irritable.

So I concede and am going back to the docs tommorow to see what they say I wish there was a wonderfully that just cured irritability and lethargy any thing else I can handle.

Any way sorry for the speech and hello everyone

nomorepanic
19-02-12, 22:31
Hi S.a.d

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

neroo
19-02-12, 22:31
Well welcome and hope you find what you need

cheryl foster
19-02-12, 22:35
:welcome: and big hugs.

Stormsky
19-02-12, 22:36
Maybe look at more natural remedies... and not meds.... afterall meds dont cure anxiety..they just mask it for a while.... i went to see my gp who offered me meds and when i said no, she said well you can look at diet, exercise and maybe therapy... id tried CBT years ago and didnt find it much help, so said no to that too...
That was December that i saw GP... since then i have cut caffeine, try to eat better, exercise, taking Vit B... and doing OK... I had meds for 9yrs, never made me feel any better ....
Go to GP and see what they say anyway.... xx

S.a.d
19-02-12, 22:42
Thanks guys advice appreciated

S.a.d
20-02-12, 10:29
So went to the docs and he's prescribed me Zoloft

william wallace
20-02-12, 23:20
:welcome:Howdy.

Pipkin
20-02-12, 23:31