PDA

View Full Version : New to nomorepanic.co.uk, about myself.

Defective L.C.
19-02-12, 23:12
Hello,
I am seventeen years old and used to be a drug addict (recreational user). I got clean off of cannabis, dextromethorphan, and various other psychoactive substances about 1.5 year(s) ago and am now studying pharmacology for a possible career.
I began to notice symptoms of anxiety which led me to quit smoking cannabis. I thought that it may help me to do this, but, it seems that for the past year, my anxiety has been elevating to the point of near agoraphobia and a multitude of panic attacks. My family is truly anything but supportive and my mother will not stop talking about how I am to be booted out of my home on my 18th birthday which causes panic attacks instantaneously.
Over all, these issues have led to the use of up to 30mg of lorazepam in the span of two to three weeks every single month for the past eight months.
I am now physically depended on dimenhydrinate/diphenhydramine (Gravol/Benedryl/etc.) for sleep, reduction of anxiety, etc. and have to take around 150mg/day in order to not be ill.
I am attempting to only take lorazepam for my current job in which I spend five hours a day, one day a week at; however, this gives me just enough benzodiazepines to do this and I cannot take the drug to preform recreational activities such as going to see a film.

I sometimes take 50-100mg of morphine to alleviate symptoms when I am alone and have the day to rest.

All in all, some form of moral support to help me through things would make things a lot easier as I do not have many friends due to my condition.
I thank anyone who is willing to be supportive and my soul goes out to others with any kind of condition that causes life to be difficult. I will, of course, do what I can to offer support to others.

diane07
19-02-12, 23:13
Hi Defective L.C.

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
20-02-12, 11:06
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

william wallace
20-02-12, 23:17
:welcome: Get posting:)