PDA

View Full Version : Frequent urination!! Keeping me up at night!!

jaynehal
20-02-12, 08:11
Hi all
Back again and had a bad day yesterday with the frequent urination, well had a bad week really :( after having such a good week the week before, this urinating all the time is getting me down :( and also it wakes me up every 4/5 hours, anyone else had this and know how to stop it?? I'm having one of those days where I keep thinking this is more than anxiety :( had this most days from oct 2011, help please.
Thanks
Jayne x

kirstynic
20-02-12, 08:25
I am always up I think about 2 or 3 times between 9-4 and then even more often from 4 till when I get up xx

Danii
20-02-12, 18:03
I've had this for 4 years. My dr said it wasnt serious, and gave my medication (that I didnt take because I read the side effects).

I wake up to pee every 2 hours, and I go almost every 2 hours during the day, regardless of how much I drink. If I go a few days without drinking too much it begins to slow down.

Think of it this way, atleast your body is getting rid of all the toxins, and its working efficiently because its constantly moving stuff out.

sebinkent
20-02-12, 19:00
I've been getting this recently too and it's really strange. I have this urge to pee even five minutes after I have been and my bladder is empty! I have no symptoms of infection (no burning, no cloudy urine, no discharge etc) I have had really bad stress and anxiety and this must be another symptom of that. I have heard that stress can cause cystitis but I'm sure I would get a burning sensation with that.
I reckon a long spell of anxiety can do some strange things to the muscles in the pelvic floor and I think that's what's causing all this.

jaynehal
20-02-12, 20:17
Thanks for the reply guys!
Nice to know it's not just me lol :), hopefully it will go soon! I have good and bad days with it, and I'm usually worse in the mornings, my doc said most anxiety sufferers are worse in the morning, so I'm just going to have to put up with it, I hate having health anxiety takes over my life!
Love
Jayne x

kingkong
20-02-12, 21:32
Hi Jayne,

Is it just the temptation or is it actual urination?
Spicy foods can irritate and create the temptation.
Do you also drink a lot of coffee?

keta
20-02-12, 21:37
Hi Jayne
sorry i suffer with similar but only when i get really anxious or have to go places im not comfortable about or familiar with. One thing which helps a bit is that i cut out nearly all caffeine based drinks from my diet and no alcohol as all them are diuretics and make anxiety worse and they make you pee more.

jaynehal
20-02-12, 21:48
Hi thanks for the replies!
Have the urge to go, and I am desperate to go, some days worse than others, I've cut out coffee and tea and bought decaffe but doesn't seem to make any difference what I drink, I've not cut out alcohol altogether as a glass of wine helps to relax, it's as if my body just doesn't want to hold water lol, had all the tests done and apparently it's not a medical problem and my doc thinks it's all anxiety as I worry every day about different illnesses, also once I've had my first wee in the morning I'm just waiting for the next and how long will it be before I need to go again :( suppose I'll just have to put up with it, got my first CBT next week so hope that will put me on the road to recovery, this site it brill it's really helped me!
Thanks
Jayne x

keta
20-02-12, 21:56
try not to think about it too much that's what makes you more anxious, i now it's easier said than done, also if you at home try to re train your bladder a bit by holding on to wee as long as you can, that's what my GP told me once too, as the bladder will get used to just holding on smaller amount of urine and it's like a viscous circle

jaynehal
20-02-12, 21:58
Thanks keta, I'll give it a go! Thanks for the advise x